PDA

View Full Version : Football NFLPa Agreed to move trade deadline back and the new IR rule.

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

NFLPa Agreed to move trade deadline back and the new IR rule.

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-30-2012, 10:44 AM

MFL trading deadline pushed back to the Tuesday after the eighth weekend of season.

Sofa King
08-30-2012, 10:47 AM

MFL trading deadline pushed back to the Tuesday after the eighth weekend of season.

Sweet. 2 more weeks to try to trade Bowe for a 5th rounder this year and a conditional 7th next year.

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-30-2012, 10:48 AM

Teams now will be allowed to re-activate one player from Reserve/Injured during the 2012 season, subject to certain restrictions.

August 30, 2012Only players with a "major injury" who are placed on Reserve/Injured after 4:00 p.m., New York time, on Tuesday, September 4, or thereafter during the season, will be eligible to be reactivated at a later time.

Bump
08-30-2012, 11:06 AM
those are much needed changes, finally.

Micjones
08-30-2012, 11:09 AM
That IR change seems cool, but isn't that essentially what PUP is used for?
Players who can return from injury at some point before the second half of the year is up?

How many guys, legitimately IR'd, would be able to come back from those injuries anyway?

Mr. Laz
08-30-2012, 12:30 PM
i don't see the HGH testing being approved anywhere yet.

Hog Farmer
08-30-2012, 12:36 PM
What about the cheerleaders being skanks rule ?

vailpass
08-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Good of the NFLPA to agree to what they agreed to during CBA talks. Power play fail.

penguinz
08-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Players who can return from injury at some point before the second half of the year is up?

How many guys, legitimately IR'd, would be able to come back from those injuries anyway?It is all about roster spots.

Mr. Laz
08-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Good of the NFLPA to agree to what they agreed to during CBA talks. Power play fail.
unless it was all about getting the HGH testing dropped to agree to the rest.

I haven't seen for sure, but apparently the HGH part was dropped.

vailpass
08-30-2012, 12:52 PM
unless it was all about getting the HGH testing dropped to agree to the rest.

I haven't seen for sure, but apparently the HGH part was dropped.

Didn't see that the two were linked, my bad.

Frosty
08-30-2012, 01:03 PM
I would like to see the NFL expand the roster to 63 (with only the top 53 salaries counting towards the cap) and eliminate the practice squad. And then eliminate that stupid inactive rule so that you can play a young player for a few snaps or during a blowout. People complain that there is no development league for the NFL now with NFLE gone and there is no good way to develop young players. The NFL's rules now makes it impossible outside of preseason or a run of injuries on a team.

whoman69
08-30-2012, 01:24 PM

How many guys, legitimately IR'd, would be able to come back from those injuries anyway?

PUP has a lot of restrictions.

DJ's left nut
08-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Sweet.

That greatly improves the possibility of the Matt Moore trade.

It's the only shot we have of actually winning a damn thing this year...

Mr. Laz
08-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Sweet.

That greatly improves the possibility of the Matt Moore trade.

It's the only shot we have of actually winning a damn thing this year...Matt Moore is marginally better than Matt Cassel ... if at all.

DJ's left nut
08-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Matt Moore is marginally better than Matt Cassel ... if at all.

That's only because you continue to stubbornly cling to this delusion that Matt Cassel is a solid quarterback; a 'game manager' that can win if surrounded by talent.

If you place Cassel where he belongs - i.e. among the 5 worst starting QBs in football and worse than the backups for at least another 5 teams - then suddenly you see that the difference between him and Moore could easily be 2 or 3 games.

You have to accept how !@#$ing worthless that assclown is before you can determine how much of an upgrade that Moore would be on him.

You refuse to accept that reality.

Frosty
08-30-2012, 03:30 PM
I would love to have Moore on the Chiefs (obviously) but one reason that he hasn't been able to stick as a starting QB somewhere is because he can't stay healthy.

Mr. Laz
08-30-2012, 03:53 PM
That's only because you continue to stubbornly cling to this delusion that Matt Cassel is a solid quarterback; a 'game manager' that can win if surrounded by talent.

If you place Cassel where he belongs - i.e. among the 5 worst starting QBs in football and worse than the backups for at least another 5 teams - then suddenly you see that the difference between him and Moore could easily be 2 or 3 games.

You have to accept how !@#$ing worthless that assclown is before you can determine how much of an upgrade that Moore would be on him.

You refuse to accept that reality.
only because you have bought into the CP feeding frenzy hype that Cassel is the worst QB to ever live.

it's stupid

Cassel is a game manager level type QB ... nothing more,nothing less.

so is Moore, so far

people around here can bleed out their pussies all they want ... it doesn't change reality.

DJ's left nut
08-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Keep that head buried, sport.

Kyle Orton is a game manager. Matt Moore is a game manager.

Matt Cassel is a piece of shit quarterback and he was a piece of shit quarterback before the CP feeding frenzy hype. I was loathing the mere possibility of us acquiring this joke of a quarterback even when he was in NE.

So no, hype has nothing to do with my opinion of the worthless waste of space that is Matt Cassel.

-King-
08-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Matt moore yayyy. Backup QBs galore!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
08-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Keep that head buried, sport.

Kyle Orton is a game manager. Matt Moore is a game manager.

Matt Cassel is a piece of shit quarterback and he was a piece of shit quarterback before the CP feeding frenzy hype. I was loathing the mere possibility of us acquiring this joke of a quarterback even when he was in NE.

So no, hype has nothing to do with my opinion of the worthless waste of space that is Matt Cassel.
actually i think Orton is better than that

CoMoChief
08-30-2012, 04:24 PM
i don't see the HGH testing being approved anywhere yet.

who fuckin cares

penguinz
08-30-2012, 04:25 PM
actually i think Orton is better than thatOrton is worthless.

CoMoChief
08-30-2012, 04:25 PM

You're wrong. Orton is nothing special....just a game manager...in fact he's not even that because he turns the ball over too much

whoman69
08-30-2012, 04:26 PM
While I think Moore would be an upgrade over Cassel and is younger, its time for the Chiefs to take off the diapers and move up to the big boy table with their own home grown QB. We've given enough backups a shot here.

-King-
08-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Matt Moore: 4 of 12 for 49 yards and an int in the 4th preseason game.

I WANT HIM AS MY QB!
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
08-30-2012, 04:33 PM

That's because you think Matt Cassel is a game manager.

In short - your definition is wrong.

Orton's a passable NFL quarterback; a fairly average guy that can come in and win games with a good team.

Matt Cassel is an anchor that can only win if he's completely removed from the game-plan and given the easiest schedule in recent memory.

Orton puts very little on the table; he wins precisely as many games as the talent around him dictates. He is, therefore, a game manager.

Cassel, OTOH, takes a ton off the table. He makes every team he starts for worse than the sum of its parts. He is a net negative and any team that relies on him as their starter is going to be worse than the other 52 men on its active roster dictate it should be.

He's not a game manager - he's a shit quarterback.

Mr. Laz
08-30-2012, 04:50 PM
who ****in cares
we were discussing the entire rule approval package.

The fact that the HGH wasn't approved MIGHT mean that it was the concession the NFL made to get the other things passed.

at least try to comprehend what the fuck you are saying before you talk.

Chocolate Hog
08-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Cool we'll be able to re-activate Brandon Flowers week 15

vailpass
08-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Matt Moore: 4 of 12 for 49 yards and an int in the 4th preseason game.

I WANT HIM AS MY QB!
Posted via Mobile Device

In fairness, it was in a driving sideways Florida rainstorm wasn't it?