PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thoughts on Preseason Game #4

petegz28
08-30-2012, 07:30 PM
No need to wait for the scrubs to finish out the game...

1. Daboll clearly wanted to focus on the run. It was either to send a message to the O-line, which Trent Green speculated or to just stay safe and keep people healthy. Probably didn't want to tip too much of his hand to Atlanta either.

2. The O-line looked good. Hillis and Charles looked good.

3. The starting defense looked good.

4. Poe looked fine. Not great but not bad at all.

5. Quinn threw a pick in the endzone though the WR gave up on the route

6. Quinn ended up looking like Quinn

7. Our backup defense sucks

8. Obligatory "the replacement Refs suck"

Flachief58
08-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Yup, pretty much sums it up

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Just wanted to get everybody a few snaps, run the ball, and get everyone out healthy. Some will bitch, but what else is new.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Here's a thought...

IT'S FUCKING PRESEASON!!!!!!!!!

Carry on. :)

petegz28
08-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Just wanted to get everybody a few snaps, run the ball, and get everyone out healthy. Some will bitch, but what else is new.

I was impressed by a better performance on both sides of the ball, particularly the defense. I know it was brief but they just came out and played better. Perhaps last week was the wake up call we needed?

notorious
08-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Thank God preseason is almost over.

Pretty soon we will find out what this team really has.

lcarus
08-30-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm pumped for the real games.

the Talking Can
08-30-2012, 07:39 PM
by the way, the WR did not give up on the route

he was running parallel to the back endzone line...the only way he could 'give up' on the route is to stop running

the pass - a shitty one - was thrown behind him, into the defenders chest...had Quinn led him at all, it was a TD

yes, the WR could made a better effort to knock the ball out of the defenders hands (into which it was perfectly thrown) - by coming to a complete stop and turning 90 degrees...

but that doesn't exonerate Quinn from the fact that he missed an open WR for a TD...for the 2 second time in the game

Bwana
08-30-2012, 07:42 PM
The starters looked good, the scrubs, look like scrubs.

-King-
08-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Preseason's over. fuck yeah!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Detoxing
08-30-2012, 08:01 PM
You know what's great about Poe? He didn't look like shit like Jackson did in his rookie season. And Jackson looks like he's turning into solid player. Making me feel good about a pick i initially hated.

Guru
08-30-2012, 08:05 PM

he was running parallel to the back endzone line...the only way he could 'give up' on the route is to stop running

the pass - a shitty one - was thrown behind him, into the defenders chest...had Quinn led him at all, it was a TD

yes, the WR could made a better effort to knock the ball out of the defenders hands (into which it was perfectly thrown) - by coming to a complete stop and turning 90 degrees...

but that doesn't exonerate Quinn from the fact that he missed an open WR for a TD...for the 2 second time in the game
absolutely. I couldn't believe that Trent Green was speaking as if that INT was the WRs fault.

Munson
08-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Outside of Flowers and Routt, our CB's are complete dogshit.

lcarus
08-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Edgar Jones is active a lot

Big Smoke
08-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Stanzi sucks.

KC Tattoo
08-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Munson should be banned from making game day threads for a month.

Munson
08-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Munson should be banned from making game day threads for a month.

I accept full responsibility for Pioli's shitty drafting and personnel decisions.

KCtotheSB
08-30-2012, 08:18 PM
We should be in Week 2 of the regular season.
Fuck preseason.

Gary
08-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Green Bay's 2nd string QB has better deep ball accuracy than any of our QBs.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 08:19 PM
IMO they should keep the same number of regular season games and cut the preseason games in half.

BossChief
08-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Stanzi sucks.

Not much to argue against this, at this point.

Detoxing
08-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Studebaker just isn't physical enough. I'd almost rather have Jones out there.

O.city
08-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Studebaker might be a surprise cut. Jones and Sheffield are stronger More athletic

Saleenman607
08-30-2012, 08:25 PM
This team looks like a poorly coached team

That is all

Fritz88
08-30-2012, 08:27 PM

That is all

Absolutely.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
08-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Thank God preseason is almost over.

Pretty soon we will find out what this team really has.
Nothing?
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
08-30-2012, 08:33 PM
starters looked good but disappointed Cassel only attempted one pass.

O.city
08-30-2012, 08:35 PM
It's he last preseason game. These guys are grocery baggers let's chill

jd1020
08-30-2012, 08:36 PM
It's he last preseason game. These guys are grocery baggers let's chill

FUCK YOU!!!! /Kurt Warner

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 08:41 PM
All of these preseason games aside from the first one have been vanilla as fuck. It's hard to tell in any year or any preseason game. Just ready for the real thing.

Three7s
08-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Tanney had as impressive of a pass as I've seen of any Chiefs QB. Too bad he got "injured" almost instantly.

Chiefnj2
08-30-2012, 08:55 PM
I didn't pay much attention to the DL, but on the one replay where GB completed the long pass early Poe got driven back 5 yards and pancaked.

Did PoWe play at all?

Munson
08-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Cassel/Quinn/Stanzi

worst QB trio in the league

Nightfyre
08-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Cassel/Quinn/Stanzi

Easily. Well.... Arizona. :shrug:

Red Beans
08-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Studebaker might be a surprise cut. Jones and Sheffield are stronger More athletic

There may be a lot of truth to this...

Chiefnj2
08-30-2012, 09:11 PM
How the hell does Romeo and his staff sort through this amalgamation of feces to find the best "depth"? Do we keep the backup OL that got flagged twice and allowed five pressures, or the one who got flagged three times but only allowed three pressures? The DB who was 3 steps behind the WR, or the one who had tight coverage on the wrong receiver?

Coogs
08-30-2012, 09:57 PM
starters looked good but disappointed Cassel only attempted one pass.

One was enough for me. Made a wide open Bowe go to the ground to catch an 8 or so yard pass. Did I mention he was wide open?

Frankie
08-30-2012, 10:02 PM
I was impressed by a better performance on both sides of the ball, particularly the defense. I know it was brief but they just came out and played better. Perhaps last week was the wake up call we needed?

It didn't hurt that GB played pretty vanilla on the offense.

Far be it from me to defend Quinn, but I don't agree here. The WR clearly slowed down and should have arrived at the ball earlier.

Frankie
08-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Not much to argue against this, at this point.

True, but is it because he does or maybe the O is designed for Cassel's skill sets and shortchanges Stanzi? I'm not saying this to defend Stanzi. Just tossing it on the table for discussion.

They kept showing close ups of Study and he was badly gasping for breath every time.

That is all

Just touched on something that's been creeping up in my head. :(

petegz28
08-30-2012, 10:09 PM
True, but is it because he does or maybe the O is designed for Cassel's skill sets and shortchanges Stanzi? I'm not saying this to defend Stanzi. Just tossing it on the table for discussion.

Sorry, Stanzi just sucks

Detoxing
08-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Sorry, Stanzi just sucks

haha yeah pretty much.

We're not looking for Tom Brady, but can you at least give us some Russel Wilson?

NJChiefsFan
08-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Here's a thought...

IT'S ****ING PRESEASON!!!!!!!!!

Carry on. :)

I think there has to be a middle ground somewhere. Freaking out because our 2's and 3's aren't good is a bit much. That being said, there is a point where struggles from certain parts of the team can carry over.

You can't just say "oh we lost badly we are gonna suck" but you also can't say "oh its just preseason it doesn't matter." Sure it matters if certain things are going bad. The thing is you gotta look at each situation and decide of its a real struggle or just them shaking the cobwebs out. The 1's haven't looked bad enough for me to freak out. To me we are where we were before preseason started, with a QB that won't be able to do enough.

aturnis
08-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Outside of Flowers and Routt, our CB's are complete dogshit.

Were Brown and Daniels healthy, or did a guy who may not even make the team start for Flowers?

MahiMike
08-30-2012, 10:19 PM
200 yds vs 15 when the starters were in.

Frankie
The 1's haven't looked bad enough for me to freak out.

Is it me or has Winston not played up to the hype?

aturnis
I accept full responsibility for Pioli's shitty drafting and personnel decisions.

:spock: Best team in KC since 95? Largely Pioli players...

Asshat.

NJChiefsFan
08-30-2012, 10:20 PM

Didn't look like GB was trying to really move the ball. Then again, it didn't look like the Chiefs were either until Quinn came in.

petegz28
08-30-2012, 10:24 PM

Yeah, all the sacks on Cassel from that side and the lack of run production on that side really has showed he sucks....:shake:

aturnis
08-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Tanney had as impressive of a pass as I've seen of any Chiefs QB. Too bad he got "injured" almost instantly.

Really? A hail mary that was way underthrown and luckily the receiver was able to stop soon enough to have a chance at it AND the defensive back totally fucks up what could have been an easy INT?

aturnis
08-30-2012, 10:29 PM

He has a lot to prove to me at this point.... Hasn't been as solid in pass products as I'd hoped. Run blocking is good, but I think he's wiffed there a time or two also. False start tonight was discouraging, though it won't be called anywhere near as many times this year as the top was on Richardson.

Ace Gunner
08-30-2012, 10:32 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRd4TcIqXOAZ49yHZqojLlqSUET7vGmoidBQvyIYpxrsAG5fwRMMw

ClevelandBronco
08-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Stanzi made Quinn look like Cassel.

I have no idea what that means.

xztop12
08-30-2012, 10:44 PM
I have no explination for any of these last 2 preseasons. We're afraid of showing our hand on our passing attack but not afraid of running our starters out there?

If anything i'd want to pass and practice my timing and get those cheap int's out of my QB's system early on...

It was almost like Daboll was trolling the NFL in parts of that game with all the running, but if you truly don't value preseason why is DJ playing at all? DJ is mentally jsut fine and doesn't need those trash reps

Munson
08-30-2012, 10:48 PM
:spock:Best team in KC since 95? Largely Pioli players...

Asshat.

You must be joking.

The best team in KC since '95 was the 2003 squad, who had a SB caliber offense, went 13-3, and had the #2 seed in the AFC playoffs.

TEX
08-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Cassel/Quinn/Stanzi

Yep. Not a true starter in the whole group and Stanzi does not belong on an NFL roster

TEX
08-30-2012, 11:22 PM
He has a lot to prove to me at this point.... Hasn't been as solid in pass products as I'd hoped. Run blocking is good, but I think he's wiffed there a time or two also. False start tonight was discouraging, though it won't be called anywhere near as many times this year as the top was on Richardson.

Winston Is only average at best at pass protection . he is a very good run blocker. The Texans wanted more Pass protection from their right tackle Which is 1 of the reasons they let him go. He has always been better at run blocking then pass protection.

boogblaster
08-30-2012, 11:40 PM
starters A-
scrubs D-

aturnis
08-31-2012, 12:05 AM
You must be joking.

The best team in KC since '95 was the 2003 squad, who had a SB caliber offense, went 13-3, and had the #2 seed in the AFC playoffs.

I said team, not offense...

Dicky McElephant
08-31-2012, 12:31 AM
Quinn is still better than Cassel.

ChiefsCountry
08-31-2012, 12:35 AM
You must be joking.

Actually you are both wrong. The best team was the 1997 by far.

L.A. Chieffan
08-31-2012, 01:26 AM
All the starters looked good including Cassell.

Depth is an issue which is why we should've rested the ones. Now our super stud linebacker got hurt in a meaningless bullshit glorified scrimmage.

Other than that I'm excited for the season to start.

Chiefs=Good
08-31-2012, 02:23 AM

Depth is an issue which is why we should've rested the ones. Now our super stud linebacker got hurt in a meaningless bullshit glorified scrimmage.

Other than that I'm excited for the season to start.

Looked good handing the ball off?

Tribal Warfare
08-31-2012, 03:28 AM
Looked good handing the ball off?

Dude, he's trolling in jest.

crazycoffey
08-31-2012, 05:06 AM
1. Daboll clearly wanted to focus on the run. It was either to send a message to the O-line, which Trent Green speculated or to just stay safe and keep people healthy. Probably didn't want to tip too much of his hand to Atlanta either. I know, first quarter wasn't over and we had 70 something on the ground. I'm not worried about Daboll or our run game right now at all.

2. The O-line looked good. Hillis and Charles looked good.

3. The starting defense looked good. Hells yeah. GB didn't score until substitution started. We've been vanilla too, all preseason. Nothing to crazy, some blitzing, but mostly what romeo would call during the Pro Bowl

4. Poe looked fine. Not great but not bad at all.

5. Quinn threw a pick in the endzone though the WR gave up on the route
More on this later too, I agree the WR gave up. Not a perfect pass, but....

6. Quinn ended up looking like Quinn the slant route was his only bad throw

7. Our backup defense sucks

8. Obligatory "the replacement Refs suck" No arguments at all.

absolutely. I couldn't believe that Trent Green was speaking as if that INT was the WRs fault.

What's one of the "golden rules" for WRs in the NFL, when running any route that is parallel to, or comes back towards, the line of scrimmage? Never let the CB between you and the QB. End of story. It's not the best throw in the world, but it is not horrible (the slant route throw was horrible). It became a battle for position, the CB won, the WR didn't even try. That means the WR gave up on the route.

One was enough for me. Made a wide open Bowe go to the ground to catch an 8 or so yard pass. Did I mention he was wide open?
Exactly
and exactly
and exactly again.

I hate how posters here on CP always look backwards when deciding who we like and how we like them. This preseason, I'm seeing two similar QBs in Brady and Matt. I'm seeing more talent, more moxy, and more desire with Brady. I've seen Brady make calls at the line that worked, and seen him take a few more risks throwing down the field.

Brady is the best QB on our roster, potential vs. talent vs. desire. I don't care about the past, maybe he didn't like the bronco's coaches or scheme, maybe he was just not "getting it" in Cleveland or the browns gave up on him. I don't care.

the Talking Can
08-31-2012, 05:55 AM
the ball was behind the WR

there is no way to 'give up on a route' when the ball is thrown behind you...

you've already ran the route past the throw....jesus, it was a bad throw, and if he leads the WR it is an easy td

could he have tried harder to break up the int? sure....but the throw was the problem

BoneKrusher
08-31-2012, 06:11 AM

i was impressed he found Bowe. ;)

crazycoffey
08-31-2012, 06:18 AM

you've already ran the route past the throw....jesus, it was a bad throw, and if he leads the WR it is an easy td

could he have tried harder to break up the int? sure....but the throw was the problem

Well, I disagree.
It wasn't a pass that led the receiver, I'll give you that.

But if the CB can run a little faster and reach out to catch a ball, than a WR can slow down a step and get in between the QB and the CB to make the play.

The WR just didn't even try to go to the ball. That's one of the things everyone smart and dumb about football has said at one time or another on any route that involved running parallel with the line of scrimmage or coming back toward the line of scrimmage. "Well, he didn't go back toward the ball, he gave up on the pass."

I really can't believe this is a discussion. If Tom Brady makes that same throw and Gronk goes back toward Tom Brady to get the ball before the CB - every Sports Journalist will be scrubbing their tonsils on Tom Brady and Gronk's testicles.

Coogs
08-31-2012, 06:32 AM
i was impressed he found Bowe. ;)

:D

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-31-2012, 07:06 AM
I only watched the first half but I thought we looked good. Patrick Dimarco, FB from South Carolina, played a good game. You could tell he was fighting for a job.

I was impressed with the offense and defense. We are going to be good.

suds79
08-31-2012, 07:11 AM

Yep. Looked to me that the throw was late mainly. Brady waited too long.

crazycoffey
08-31-2012, 07:21 AM
Yep. Looked to me that the throw was late mainly. Brady waited too long.

I'm going to take you under my wing. We're going to be bros. You should read my blog

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-31-2012, 07:25 AM
Brady impressed me last night. He stood in there and got hit. He scrambled and got hit. He's got more guts than I thought he had.

htismaqe
08-31-2012, 07:35 AM
Brady impressed me last night. He stood in there and got hit. He scrambled and got hit. He's got more guts than I thought he had.

I hope he's not hurt too bad.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-31-2012, 07:53 AM
I hope he's not hurt too bad.

Me too man. We need him.

ChiefsNow
08-31-2012, 08:06 AM
I hope we put Tanney on IR or can slip him to the practice squad. I have a good feeling about him for the future.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-31-2012, 08:07 AM
I hope we put Tanney on IR or can slip him to the practice squad. I have a good feeling about him for the future.

The fact that they waited so long to get him in there makes me wonder if they have been hiding him.

Dicky McElephant
08-31-2012, 11:40 AM
On Brady's INT:

The blame can be placed on both the QB and the WR. Should the WR have fought for the ball and not just given up on the route? Yes.

Should Quinn have thrown a better ball? Yes. IMO he could have thrown the ball higher so that the WR had a better shot at it.

But you have to admit that out of all of his throws last night.....Quinn only had 2 bad throws total. Other than that he was completing passes to the open man.....and they were longer than 10 fucking yards.

I said it in the game thread....but it's pretty telling when you compare both Cassel's and Quinn's first throws of the night. Cassel throws to an open Bowe and Bowe has to adjust and dive to catch the ball. Quinn throws to an open Breaston and hits him right in the numbers.

Frankie
08-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Winston Is only average at best at pass protection . he is a very good run blocker. The Texans wanted more Pass protection from their right tackle Which is 1 of the reasons they let him go. He has always been better at run blocking then pass protection.

Wasn't the big knock on Richardson his shitty pass protection?

Both are garbage. I have defended Quinn (UGHHH!) on his endzone INT, but I also point out that immediately after that he went total shit.

Cassel handed off about 17 times and threw one ugly pass!!! What's there to make him "look good?!"

L.A. Chieffan
08-31-2012, 11:55 AM
What sucks about that INT play was Maneri was wide open to the right but Quinn just didnt see him. I think that the rushing play two plays before that shook Quinn up a bit and he wasn't all the way there. Crennel shouldve called a timeout so Quinn could take a breath for a sec.

L.A. Chieffan
08-31-2012, 11:57 AM
Cassel handed off about 17 times and threw one ugly pass!!! What's there to make him "look good?!"

The guy has 1.00 completion percentage and averages 9 yards a pass and you dumbasses still have something to bitch about. Get real.

Dicky McElephant
08-31-2012, 12:00 PM
What sucks about that INT play was Maneri was wide open to the right but Quinn just didnt see him. I think that the rushing play two plays before that shook Quinn up a bit and he wasn't all the way there. Crennel shouldve called a timeout so Quinn could take a breath for a sec.

I went back and watched the play. His first read was Maneri....and he was just about to throw it to him when the defender got in his face and he had to pull down the ball and move up in the pocket. He made the mistake of getting free and then looking for the closest target in his vision.

Frankie
08-31-2012, 12:01 PM
The guy has 1.00 completion percentage and averages 9 yards a pass and you dumbasses still have something to bitch about. Get real.

Oh OK. What am I thinking criticizing a QB with a 100% completion? :D

the Talking Can
08-31-2012, 12:04 PM
On Brady's INT:

The blame can be placed on both the QB and the WR. Should the WR have fought for the ball and not just given up on the route? Yes.

Should Quinn have thrown a better ball? Yes. IMO he could have thrown the ball higher so that the WR had a better shot at it.

But you have to admit that out of all of his throws last night.....Quinn only had 2 bad throws total. Other than that he was completing passes to the open man.....and they were longer than 10 ****ing yards.

I said it in the game thread....but it's pretty telling when you compare both Cassel's and Quinn's first throws of the night. Cassel throws to an open Bowe and Bowe has to adjust and dive to catch the ball. Quinn throws to an open Breaston and hits him right in the numbers.

and cassel can complete a simple slant pass for a TD, which Quinn couldn't...

if Cassel missed two easy TD passes and threw an int, he get raped on this board...Quinn doesn't get gold stars for doing the same

Dicky McElephant
08-31-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm in the 2nd half now.

I don't know what the fuck happened to Stanzi but his confidence is fucking non-existent.

Dicky McElephant
08-31-2012, 12:06 PM
and cassel can complete a simple slant pass for a TD, which Quinn couldn't...

if Cassel missed two easy TD passes and threw an int, he get raped on this board...Quinn doesn't get gold stars for doing the same

Quinn has more talent in his fucking pinky than Cassel. It's always been about the mental aspect of the game with Quinn.

And Quinn is still a better fit for this offense than Cassel will ever be.

Detoxing
08-31-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm in the 2nd half now.

I don't know what the **** happened to Stanzi but his confidence is ****ing non-existent.

Doesn't even look like the same QB.

the Talking Can
08-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Quinn has more talent in his ****ing pinky than Cassel. It's always been about the mental aspect of the game with Quinn.

if you don't include "hitting open WRs for TDs" in your definition of talent, then I agree...

Frankie
08-31-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm in the 2nd half now.

I don't know what the **** happened to Stanzi but his confidence is ****ing non-existent.

This. He played the last year's preseason with some brashness. He looks totally defeated now.

I think it's the hair. ;) He is the opposite of Samson.

Dicky McElephant
08-31-2012, 12:12 PM
if you don't include "hitting open WRs for TDs" in your definition of talent, then I agree...

:rolleyes:

the Talking Can
08-31-2012, 12:15 PM
:rolleyes:

he sucks, like every QB on our roster...and nothing in his play proves otherwise

it's kind of awesome though how each QB has their groupies...

Chiefnj2
08-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Nicest pass of preseason was by Tanney and got called back because of holding. Pathetic.

I'm not sure why they bothered to play Cassel if they were just going to hand the ball off.

On Cassel's one pass, how does everyone know it was Cassel's fault the throw was off? IIRC it was a timing throw. How do we know Bowe ran a good clean route? The pass was under 10 yards, so there is a chance, albeit slim, that Cassel is not at fault.

Quinn was brutal in the redzone. Pure panic.

Stanzi has clearly regressed in all aspects. There is no real point keeping him on the roster if someone, anyone, pops up with a modicum of talent.

Finally, WTF is Zorn doing? Two years and no progress from anyone. Maybe the coaching is playing a small role in KC's inability to develop anyone.

keg in kc
08-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Starters looked good. Didn't care about anything else.

Buckweath
08-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Nicest pass of preseason was by Tanney and got called back because of holding. Pathetic.

Are you talking about that deep pass that should have easily and I mean EASILY been intercepted??

Rain Man
08-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Finally, WTF is Zorn doing? Two years and no progress from anyone. Maybe the coaching is playing a small role in KC's inability to develop anyone.

The weird thing to me is that we've probably had a dozen QB coaches and offensive coordinators since Hank Stram left, and we've never developed a quarterback unless you count bringing in Trent Green. I'm starting to think that there's some climate issue that prevents us from having good quarterbacks, and simultaneously allows us to have more than our share of good cornerbacks.

Three7s
08-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Really? A hail mary that was way underthrown and luckily the receiver was able to stop soon enough to have a chance at it AND the defensive back totally ****s up what could have been an easy INT?
Did you even watch the play? There were 2 guys right in his face, couldn't step up in the pocket, pretty much did whatever he could to not get sacked or fumble. Funny you call that a hail mary, looked to me like a go route vs single coverage that Tanney placed over the defenders outstretched arms 50yards down the field.

Sure, the CB may have had bad ball skills, but to say it was a "hail mary" and an "easy INT" is completely asinine. Of course, if this were Stanzi who made the throw, I'm sure there'd be 10 million threads about it from the Iowa homers.

Three7s
08-31-2012, 12:46 PM
Are you talking about that deep pass that should have easily and I mean EASILY been intercepted??
Another genius.

TEX
08-31-2012, 12:52 PM
The weird thing to me is that we've probably had a dozen QB coaches and offensive coordinators since Hank Stram left, and we've never developed a quarterback unless you count bringing in Trent Green. I'm starting to think that there's some climate issue that prevents us from having good quarterbacks, and simultaneously allows us to have more than our share of good cornerbacks.

Green had a good QB coach in Terry Shea. That's really the last time KC had a good QB Coach and consequently a good QB. I suppose you can count Charlie Weis because he worked with Cassel and he did have his best year under him. :hmmm:

prhom
08-31-2012, 12:58 PM
Wasn't the big knock on Richardson his shitty pass protection?

I think I've heard people say that, but re-watching some of last year's games I saw plenty of times where he failed to block his guy on running plays as well as the passing ones.

whoman69
08-31-2012, 03:27 PM
I went to watch the tape and it was the Dolphins-Cowboys game instead despite the description saying Chiefs-Packers. I set it up to tape the next rerun. Do I really want to watch?

Dicky McElephant
08-31-2012, 03:28 PM
I went to watch the tape and it was the Dolphins-Cowboys game instead despite the description saying Chiefs-Packers. I set it up to tape the next rerun. Do I really want to watch?

NFL has been doing that shit a lot lately.

crazycoffey
08-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Quinn has more talent in his fucking pinky than Cassel. It's always been about the mental aspect of the game with Quinn.

He should just play, build confidence

Frankie
08-31-2012, 04:14 PM
he sucks, like every QB on our roster...and nothing in his play proves otherwise

it's kind of awesome though how each QB has their groupies...Frustration + Endless dashed hopes = Fantasy

Starters looked good. Didn't care about anything else.In a Vanilla vs. Vanilla game there's no way to tell. I don't think they looked ENCOURAGING good anyway. They were wait-and-see good.

Another genius.You misspelled genious.

I think I've heard people say that, but re-watching some of last year's games I saw plenty of times where he failed to block his guy on running plays as well as the passing ones.Don't get me wrong. I think Winston is a definite improvement over Richardson. But is that really saying much?

keg in kc
08-31-2012, 07:00 PM
In a Vanilla vs. Vanilla game there's no way to tell. I don't think they looked ENCOURAGING good anyway. They were wait-and-see good.They got into field goal range twice doing nothing but running the ball and didn't give up anything meaningful on defense. In a vanilla vs vanilla game that definitely qualifies as 'good' in my book. I expected them to get their shit pushed in by Rodgers and that offense, to be honest. Even playing vanilla. And they didn't.

Three7s
08-31-2012, 07:34 PM
You misspelled genious.
Well played.........

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2012, 08:22 PM
I think people forget that teams don't game plan in the preseason and they keep it vanilla as vanilla ice cream. No team wants to show their hand in the preseason. Every year every team does this but yet people forget and hold too much stock into practice games.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-01-2012, 06:02 AM
I think people forget that teams don't game plan in the preseason and they keep it vanilla as vanilla ice cream. No team wants to show their hand in the preseason. Every year every team does this but yet people forget and hold too much stock into practice games.

CHIEFS ARE DA ONLY TEAM DAT LOOKS BAD DOH!!!

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Don't get me wrong. I think Winston is a definite improvement over Richardson. But is that really saying much?

:facepalm:

Come on man. Winston is one of the best RT in the league.

HonestChieffan
09-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Looking forward to deer season so i can ignore the disaster at arrowhead

Frankie
09-01-2012, 02:26 PM
:facepalm:

Come on man. Winston is one of the best RT in the league.

I hope so.

MrNightly
09-01-2012, 11:11 PM
I just finally got to watch the game... after everything I have been reading, i thought we would look like garbage.

I was really impressed actually. Our starting O looked good. Even when everyone in the stadium knew we were going to run the ball, we still ran it down their throats. This will only help Matty when the games begin.

Our Starting D will be fine.

As usual, much ado about nothing i think.

let the games begin!!!

milkman
09-02-2012, 05:19 AM
I just finally got to watch the game... after everything I have been reading, i thought we would look like garbage.

I was really impressed actually. Our starting O looked good. Even when everyone in the stadium knew we were going to run the ball, we still ran it down their throats. This will only help Matty when the games begin.

Our Starting D will be fine.

As usual, much ado about nothing i think.

let the games begin!!!

So, a buck49 left in the game, Chiefs down by 6 with the ball at at their own 20.

How does that running game help Matty Melt out then?

KC Tattoo
09-02-2012, 05:36 AM
So, a buck49 left in the game, Chiefs down by 6 with the ball at at their own 20.

If we can muster 30 yards to the fifty yard line (mid field) then..
A Dustin Colquitt punt that the return man muffs at the five, we recover the ball & our next play we run it in for a touchdown.

From the fifty anything can happen.

BigMeatballDave
09-02-2012, 07:00 AM

Eh, it'll never happen. They'll never be trailing late...

michaelj_58
09-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Trent Green said the receiver should have came too!! the ball while it was in the air.

MrNightly
09-02-2012, 12:17 PM

That is a tough spot for this team to be into. I do think we will be able to move the ball, but i wouldn't want that situation to arise too often.

I'm not a big Matty fan, but at this point, he's the best we have available and i have to support him.