08-30-2012, 08:32 PM
other team's receiver always running around open by 5 yards

our receivers can't get 3 inches of separation

opposing blitzers running wide and free all over our backfield

we don't blitz and when we do it goes nowhere

every QB playing against us likes like an all-pro

every QB on our roster looks like forrest gump

--------------------------

worst secondary i've ever seen ... beyond 3 or 4 guys not a NFL level player in the bunch

why even play Cassel at all if you are going to run 10 times straight ... just start Quinn and move on, just stupid.

why is Nate Eatmyass getting 20 touches?

why do their 3rd string look more prepared than our 1st?

why do we still tackle like we don't want to get hurt? Pussies!

why do our punt returners always have 5 guys in his face as soon as touches the ball?

can't block
can't tackle
can't cover
can't get open

http://imgon.net/di-IYHJ.gif

L.A. Chieffan
08-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Fake fan. Love it or leave it

|Zach|
08-30-2012, 08:34 PM
ok.

mr. tegu
08-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Riiigggggghhhhhhttt.

Canofbier
Laz

Nightfyre
Holy irrational meltdown after a game where our 1s dominated a super bowl contender without two starting DBs and with a play selection that included one pass.

Von Dumbass
08-30-2012, 08:37 PM
I thought Laz was one of the more positive posters here.

MahiMike
08-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Peyton Hillis a monster and Cassel was perfect!

mr. tegu
08-30-2012, 08:40 PM
That's the sad thing...he is.

cosmo20002
08-30-2012, 08:54 PM
The 1st half vs. Arizona in the first preseason game was pretty cool though. So, there's that.

MahiMike
08-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Really though, our last 3 games can be summed up with 1 word - Depth.

Our 1st stringers have looked decent except where injuries are concerned. Our D does need some work but our offense has looked sharp. Tonight we had 200 yds vs 15. Stupid Quinn throws a pick in the endzone but that's why he's a career backup. Wait till next week and you'll see a big improvement.

KCtotheSB
08-30-2012, 09:04 PM
I know it's preseason, but yeah...it gets pretty tiresome. Honestly, I'm not really looking forward to the season opener because I'm well aware that we're once again in for a season of bullshit. It's just...deflating.

Detoxing
08-30-2012, 09:08 PM
I don't see it as a meltdown, i see it as the truth.

Season after season, our depth looks out classed. This year the board felt that the team was as talented as it's ever been outside of Cassel, and that the team had some depth.

Yet, this year looks exactly like the last. And the one before that. And the one before that.

That's not having a meltdown, that's being honest.

Outside of our run game, everything else has been Meh to bad.

petegz28
08-30-2012, 09:11 PM

Season after season, our depth looks out classed. This year the board felt that the team was as talented as it's ever been outside of Cassel, and that the team had some depth.

Yet, this year looks exactly like the last. And the one before that. And the one before that.

Fromt he defensive side of the ball we keep hearing how difficult of a transition it is for players into RAC's...aw fuck it

cabletech94
08-30-2012, 09:14 PM
in all seriousness, if boykins were to be cut (lay off the pipedream) we should have him in a suite on the plaza 5 minutes ago. that cat caught everything.

notorious
08-30-2012, 09:15 PM
I feel you, buddy.

Planetman
08-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Just so tired of looking like a bunch of clowns
Maybe if we stopped wearing the same colors as Ronald McDonald ...

the Talking Can
08-31-2012, 02:43 AM
great, another thread with laz bashing pioli

this is why the planet sucks

mcaj22
08-31-2012, 03:40 AM
i said before the start of preseason that we have no depth on this team and this place blasted me for it and called me every name in the book.

i was right. suck it

Mugalug
08-31-2012, 01:56 PM
I've felt that way many, many times, Laz. I'm still stoked for week one though.

durtyrute
08-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Holy irrational meltdown after a game where our 1s dominated a super bowl contender without two starting DBs and with a play selection that included one pass.

Do you actually think GB was trying with the first string?

durtyrute
08-31-2012, 02:05 PM

This from me goes back to Haley's approach. I said that I didn't have a problem with his offseason because the players should know how to catch and know how to tackle no matter what string they are one. I, of course, was burned alive for it.

Now, this preseason everyone is happy Haley left because his offseason was the reason we couldn't tackle, pass, block, or catch. But..............

gblowfish
08-31-2012, 02:05 PM
Team Photo:
http://i46.tinypic.com/24e9bq1.jpg

Nightfyre
08-31-2012, 02:14 PM
Do you actually think GB was trying with the first string?

Do you think we were really trying with like 16 runs and one pass? Do you think we were trying with our first string weeks two and three? Stupid fucking argument. Its preseason. Let the real games do the talking. Quit with the chicken little routines or expect to be mocked.

durtyrute
08-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Do you think we were really trying with like 16 runs and one pass? Do you think we were trying with our first string weeks two and three? Stupid fucking argument. Its preseason. Let the real games do the talking. Quit with the chicken little routines or expect to be mocked.

What's stupid is to say a team dominated another team when neither was trying.

Nightfyre
08-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Green bay got their shit pushed in on both line. They were dominated. Whether it was for lack of effort or not is irrelevant.

BoneKrusher
08-31-2012, 02:27 PM
I thought Laz was one of the more positive posters here.

i get where's he's coming from, it's hard to be positive after 40 years of crap.

hometeam
08-31-2012, 02:33 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zX4ox7aX_wc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Von Dumbass
08-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Do you think we were really trying with like 16 runs and one pass? Do you think we were trying with our first string weeks two and three? Stupid ****ing argument. Its preseason. Let the real games do the talking. Quit with the chicken little routines or expect to be mocked.

The Chiefs were definitely trying. They wanted to have something positive to build on going into the season. If a team lets the Chiefs gash them on the run like that in the regular season, you better believe Daboll would love to have a 16 to 1 run to pass ratio.

TEX
08-31-2012, 02:46 PM
The Chiefs were definitely trying. They wanted to have a something to build on going into the season. If a team lets the Chiefs gash them on the run like that in the regular season, you better believe Daboll would have a 16 to 1 run to pass ratio.

Yeah, but you know what? The type of ball the Chiefs are going to play this year lets teams hang around and come back and beat you. We can run all over them but once we get behind - it's over. The defense isn't dominating enough to play it close to the vest like they're planning. Plus, teams are going to stack the line, and make Cassel beat them. He can't. It's a recipe for mediocrity at best.

TEX
08-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Do you think we were really trying with like 16 runs and one pass? Do you think we were trying with our first string weeks two and three? Stupid ****ing argument. Its preseason. Let the real games do the talking. Quit with the chicken little routines or expect to be mocked.

Do you really think once the regular season begins, that all of a sudden the Chiefs are going to be able to flick the "play good" switch on and not exhibit any issues they've shown this preseason? Really? Not a chance. Not trying is one thing - but getting beat at the line, playing error prone football, and not being able to create in space or cover anything that can run is cause for concern. I agree - let the real games begin. Just don't be shocked when the preseason issue rears its ugly head.

GloryDayz
08-31-2012, 03:12 PM

worst secondary i've ever seen ... beyond 3 or 4 guys not a NFL level player in the bunch

why even play Cassel at all if you are going to run 10 times straight ... just start Quinn and move on, just stupid.

why do our punt returners always have 5 guys in his face as soon as touches the ball?

can't block
can't tackle
can't cover
can't get open

I still want to do the Canada lady in your avatar!

htismaqe
08-31-2012, 03:14 PM
TEX with back-to-back EXCELLENT posts.

Nightfyre
08-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Do you really think once the regular season begins, that all of a sudden the Chiefs are going to be able to flick the "play good" switch on and not exhibit any issues they've shown this preseason? Really? Not a chance. Not trying is one thing - but getting beat at the line, playing error prone football, and not being able to create in space or cover anything that can run is cause for concern. I agree - let the real games begin. Just don't be shocked when the preseason issue rears its ugly head.

The 1s absolutely dominated the trenches against the packers. The only issue I think this team will encounter, as you stated above, is from Matt Cassel's inability to push the ball down-field, resulting in a stacked box, no offense and an exhausted defense.

Mediocrity stemming from the QB. Not the entire fucking team. The OP is a typical over-reaction to perceived deficiencies in blocking/tackling which didn't exist with the 1s against the packers. Yes, our secondary is struggling because two of our starters aren't playing. Go figure. Our receivers have not demonstrated an inability to get open, so much as Cassel can't find them when they are and even when he does he puts it so far off the mark they can't do anything with the catch.

bricks
08-31-2012, 05:01 PM

can't block
can't tackle
can't cover
can't get open

:bravo:

Money

CHENZ A!
08-31-2012, 05:29 PM
It's the red pants dude

New World Order
08-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Green bay got their shit pushed in on both line. They were dominated. Whether it was for lack of effort or not is irrelevant.

Half of their defensive starters were playing, their NT pro bowler BJ Raji wasn't even out there.

On the other side of the ball when have you ever seen the packers run 3 times in a row? They are not a running team

Nightfyre
08-31-2012, 05:43 PM
So let me get this straight:

You are willing to bend over backwards to make excuses for another team's shortcomings but not willing to show a modicum of reason with respect to your own team. Noted.

Otter
08-31-2012, 05:49 PM
You stick your clown speak in sack mister! /otter

BigMeatballDave
08-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Yeah, but you know what? The type of ball the Chiefs are going to play this year lets teams hang around and come back and beat you. We can run all over them but once we get behind - it's over. The defense isn't dominating enough to play it close to the vest like they're planning. Plus, teams are going to stack the line, and make Cassel beat them. He can't. It's a recipe for mediocrity at best.

This is true, for the most part.

The pressure is on them to finish drives and score TDs. Giving the D a blow will go a long way.

This style can be successful during the regular season.

It won't win a SB, though.

New World Order
08-31-2012, 06:48 PM

You are willing to bend over backwards to make excuses for another team's shortcomings but not willing to show a modicum of reason with respect to your own team. Noted.

We should be absolute realists. What I stated were facts, GB is not a rushing team and they did not have half of their starters out there playing against ours. That being said, the first series for our KC defense turned out to be a positive result, there is no denying that

GloryDayz
08-31-2012, 07:54 PM
Clark Hunt speaks out about Kansas City's concern that their city is seen by the planet as being clowns. When asked about his concern for people of Kansas City and the surrounding area, Clark was speechless, he was reduced to gestures:

http://madgearsolid.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Point_Laugh.jpg

KILLER_CLOWN
08-31-2012, 11:57 PM
I've had about enough of the Clown comparisons, I for one accept our new Clown overlords!

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-01-2012, 04:50 AM

It's the Chiefs Planet Way. The only sanctioned homerism is one of the highly overrating other teams variety.

bevischief
09-01-2012, 05:28 AM
It's the midgets