PDA

View Full Version : Football Brian Hoyer Cut

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Breaking: #Patriots have released QB Brian Hoyer, per @caplannfl. Ryan Mallett has won the No. 2 job.

Pestilence
08-31-2012, 11:15 AM
I give it a day and he'll be in here.

Phobia
We should have traded them a 4th for him. Maybe it's not too late.

ChiefsandO'sfan
I give it a day and he'll be in here.

Agree

bevischief
08-31-2012, 11:16 AM
To the ship!

ChiefsandO'sfan
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Hoyer is not vested, so he could be claimed off waivers at 12:00 p.m. ET tomorrow.

Pestilence
At least we won't have to trade for our next shitty Patriot's backup.

Ceej
08-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Isn't there a thread for NFL cuts already??

mcaj22
08-31-2012, 11:18 AM
sadly he is better than the 3 QBs on our roster

SNR
08-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Great. The retards on Chiefs Planet will clamor, "BRING HIM IN FOR A LOOK" for every single 30-year old QB getting cut next few days

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Great. The retards on Chiefs Planet will clamor, "BRING HIM IN FOR A LOOK" for every single 30-year old QB getting cut next few days

Hoyer is 26 just saying.

Pestilence
08-31-2012, 11:20 AM
Did Pioli draft him?

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Did Pioli draft him?

No

bevischief
08-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Undrafted free agent.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-31-2012, 11:37 AM
He cant be worse than Stanzi or Quinn

TEX
08-31-2012, 11:38 AM

Um...he's well under 30. And we should bring him in if KC is planning on keeping 3 QB's. Stanzi has no business even being on the practice squad, but Hoyer could fill that role.

TEX
08-31-2012, 11:38 AM

He's not. He's better than both.

SNR
08-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Stanzi has no business ven being on the practice squadDon't be a fucking idiot

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Don't be a ****ing idiot

Ricky is awful man.

Pestilence
08-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Even if you put him on the practice squad.....I don't think another team is going to try and steal him.

TEX
08-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Don't be a ****ing idiot

LOL! I'm not. He is far better than Stanzi. Far better...Stanzi does not belong in the NFL. IF KC is hell bent on keeping 3 QB's, might as well have a backup that doesn't suck.

threebag02
08-31-2012, 11:41 AM
He cant be worse than Cassel Stanzi or Quinn

Fixed

BoneKrusher
08-31-2012, 11:44 AM
Fixed

:thumb:

ChiefsandO'sfan
Faux John Madden ‏@FauxJohnMadden

Since Brian Hoyer was cut, he's already had 31 missed calls from Ken Whisenhunt and Rex Ryan

BWillie
Um...he's well under 30. And we should bring him in if KC is planning on keeping 3 QB's. Stanzi has no business even being on the practice squad, but Hoyer could fill that role.

I'm an Iowa fan so I know my judgement is clouded, but I think ppl are going overboard about how bad Stanzi is just based on a total cumulative body of work of about 1 game if that of snaps, and in preseason. He looked good last yr in limited duty. I don't know if I would make any hasty decisions unless he's just been terrible in practice ever since he got here.

xztop12
08-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Print him

htismaqe
08-31-2012, 11:54 AM
LOL! I'm not. He is far better than Stanzi. Far better...Stanzi does not belong in the NFL. IF KC is hell bent on keeping 3 QB's, might as well have a backup that doesn't suck.

ROFL

Some people here would be happy with warm dogshit as long as it wasn't Stanzi.

KCrockaholic
08-31-2012, 11:55 AM
Print him

him?

jd1020
08-31-2012, 11:57 AM

Stanzi has proven you can be worse than Quinn. So, in fact, he can be worse than Quinn.

HemiEd
08-31-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm an Iowa fan so I know my judgement is clouded, but I think ppl are going overboard about how bad Stanzi is just based on a total cumulative body of work of about 1 game if that of snaps, and in preseason. He looked good last yr in limited duty. I don't know if I would make any hasty decisions unless he's just been terrible in practice ever since he got here.

I agree. However, I am concerned that being mentored by Cassel has ruined him. He seemed relaxed and composed previously, not anymore.

Is he pressing? Is it the sophomore jinx?

I have a tendency to believe his natural abilities have been handcuffed.

Oh, and I hate the big ten and couldn't give less of a shit about Iowa.

Big Smoke
08-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Isn't there a thread for NFL cuts already??

Mr. O's fan is required by law to post every tweet he reads. Sometimes it comes out as a post... Sometimes as a thread. He can't control it.

TEX
08-31-2012, 12:01 PM
ROFL

Some people here would be happy with warm dogshit as long as it wasn't Stanzi.

Speaking of dogshit - Still think Justin Madlock is gonna be a good NFL kicker??? You are NOBODY to be laughing at anyone here after that one.

And BTW - Warm dog shit > Stanzi

Are you really saying that Stanzi is better than Hoyer??? Or that you just perfer Stanzi to warm dog shit?

SNR
08-31-2012, 12:05 PM
I agree. However, I am concerned that being mentored by Cassel has ruined him. He seemed relaxed and composed previously, not anymore.

That's what I think. If it's shitty coaching, then clearly he was never that good to begin with. But still, I'd love to see 2011 Stanzi out there instead of 2012 Cassel.

SNR
08-31-2012, 12:05 PM
Speaking of dogshit - Still think Justin Madlock is gonna be a good NFL kicker??? You are NOBODY to be laughing at anyone here after that one.

And BTW - Warm dogshit > Stanzi

Are you really saying that Stanzi is better than Hoyer??? Or that you just perfer him to warm dogshit?
Justin Medlock has a starting job in the NFL.

jd1020
08-31-2012, 12:06 PM
That's what I think. If it's shitty coaching, then clearly he was never that good to begin with. But still, I'd love to see 2011 Stanzi out there instead of 2012 Cassel.

Do you have a time machine?

TEX
08-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Justin Medlock has a starting job in the NFL.

LOL! FINALLY - and he won't for long. I bet he kicks himself off another NFL team. Besides, that's not the point - is he any GOOD? The argument he and I had at the time was who would be better between Medlock or Mason Crosby...I believe I won that one - Just like Hoyer > Stanzi. Shoot most any QB on an NFL roster > Stanzi.

SNR
08-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Do you have a time machine?

Yeah. I accidentally left it in your mother's bedroom last night.

jd1020
08-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah. I accidentally left it in your mother's bedroom last night.

I don't get it.

Phobia
08-31-2012, 12:12 PM

I think it's as simple as pressure in his face. Dude hasn't had many opportunities to throw with a clean pocket at all.

jd1020
08-31-2012, 12:13 PM
I think it's as simple as pressure in his face. Dude hasn't had many opportunities to throw with a clean pocket at all.

Has any QB gotten consistent protection? Have any of them looked worse than Stanzi?

Chocolate Hog
08-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Bring him in for a look?!?

SuperChief
08-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Seneca Wallace. Now.

SNR
08-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Has any QB gotten consistent protection? Have any of them looked worse than Stanzi?Cassel. That's about it.

TEX
I don't get it.

That's because you're not a douche...

Sorter
Faux John Madden ‏@FauxJohnMadden

Since Brian Hoyer was cut, he's already had 31 missed calls from Ken Whisenhunt and Rex Ryan

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nm0wb6.jpg

jd1020
08-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Cassel. That's about it.

Bullshit. Cassel was running around quite a bit in the Seattle game.

SNR
08-31-2012, 12:17 PM
That's because you're not a douche...

You're the one exaggerating Stanzi's value in the NFL. You think he doesn't even belong on the team's practice squad.

SNR
08-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Bullshit. Cassel was running around quite a bit in the Seattle game.

Everybody was. How about the Arizona and St. Louis game?

We won't bring up the Green Bay game because it's pretty difficult to get pressure in your face on handoffs.

jd1020
08-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Everybody was. How about the Arizona and St. Louis game?

We won't bring up the Green Bay game because it's pretty difficult to get pressure in your face on handoffs.

So why are we defending Stanzi like the oline has done him some great disservice?

htismaqe
08-31-2012, 12:29 PM

And BTW - Warm dog shit > Stanzi

Are you really saying that Stanzi is better than Hoyer??? Or that you just perfer Stanzi to warm dog shit?

Wow. I was wrong about Justin Medlock. That's all you've got?

Of course, I was right about Tamba Hali...and Priest Holmes...there's plenty more.

And I'm saying I don't give a rat's ass about Stanzi.

Just like I don't give a rat's ass about Brian Hoyer. Steaming dog shit is steaming dog shit. Just because it came from a different dog's ass doesn't mean it's worth eating...

Phobia
08-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Has any QB gotten consistent protection? Have any of them looked worse than Stanzi?

Watch the film. The only consistent protection is a lack of it when Stanzi is playing. It's like there are matadors playing line when he drops back to pass. I'm not thrilled with any of our QB's at this point but I'll bet Stanzi has had a pass-rusher in his face 4x more than any other QB on this team and I'm really not an Iowa homer. I know Stanzi is a very long shot to contribute to the Chiefs and I'm not unrealistic about his chances. It would be cool to have an Iowa alum back there but it really makes no difference to me. I just want a QB we can call our own and about whom we can be proud. I don't know if that's Stanzi and nobody else knows either.

htismaqe
08-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Watch the film. The only consistent protection is a lack of it when Stanzi is playing. It's like there are matadors playing line when he drops back to pass. I'm not thrilled with any of our QB's at this point but I'll bet Stanzi has had a pass-rusher in his face 4x more than any other QB on this team and I'm really not an Iowa homer. I know Stanzi is a very long shot to contribute to the Chiefs and I'm not unrealistic about his chances. It would be cool to have an Iowa alum back there but it really makes no difference to me. I just want a QB we can call our own and about whom we can be proud. I don't know if that's Stanzi and nobody else knows either.

You're originally from Iowa and you've typed the word "Hawkeye" here more than once.

You're a homer.

SNR
08-31-2012, 12:32 PM
So why are we defending Stanzi like the oline has done him some great disservice?
Don't ask me. I'm not defending him. You asked which QBs have gotten great protection this preseason. I gave you an answer. Cassel for two games. He's the only QB on the roster who has received that.

What more do you want?

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-31-2012, 12:37 PM

What about the game where he came in before Quinn? Has Quinn had pressure in his face the whole time? I'm not buying this. I can see it a little bit but, it's more on Stanzi than anything else.

Phobia
08-31-2012, 12:39 PM

Well,... it has. I'm not saying pass protection is perfect or even near that for everybody else. I'm just saying it's awful for Stanzi. He's had what, 30 passing plays in preseason? I'd say he's had pressure on 80% of them. That's not typical. QB's usually get hurried 4-5x per game. This guy is getting hurried that much in a quarter.

Phobia
08-31-2012, 12:40 PM
What about the game where he came in before Quinn? Has Quinn had pressure in his face the whole time? I'm not buying this. I can see it a little bit but, it's more on Stanzi than anything else.

I don't care if you buy it or not. I'm just telling you what I've seen. Quinn has had some poor protection but not nearly as much as Stanzi.

jd1020
08-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Don't ask me. I'm not defending him. You asked which QBs have gotten great protection this preseason. I gave you an answer. Cassel for two games. He's the only QB on the roster who has received that.

What more do you want?

I asked which QB has gotten consistent protection. Every QB has had to deal with pressure. Cassel made some nice plays in the Seattle game while scrambling to extend the play because of a breakdown in protection. Quinn's TD pass in the Seattle game I believe came when he was scrambling and had to make an off balance throw with a defender in his face. Stanzi has just looked like utter shit, even when he's had protection. I think in last nights game when he didn't have pressure he threw a pass like 10 feet above Maneri's head, I'd go back and check but I already deleted that catastrophe. He's been shockingly bad across the board.

Hell... even Tanney came in and made a play with pressure in his face. It ended up not counting but it was still better than anything Stanzi did on the field.

SNR
08-31-2012, 12:49 PM
I asked which QB has gotten consistent protection. Every QB has had to deal with pressure. Cassel made some nice plays in the Seattle game while scrambling to extend the play because of a breakdown in protection. Quinn's TD pass in the Seattle game I believe came when he was scrambling and had to make an off balance throw with a defender in his face. Stanzi has just looked like utter shit, even when he's had protection. I think in last nights game when he didn't have pressure he threw a pass like 10 feet above Maneri's head, I'd go back and check but I already deleted that catastrophe. He's been shockingly bad across the board.

Cassel didn't make nice plays. He made A nice PLAY. One. That TD was very impressive. The rest of them he shit his pants on. The only reason why it looks like he made a nice play is because he fled for his life 3 seconds too early like he always does on every pass play.

Stanzi has had maybe 3 or 4 pass plays where he had good protection. Unfortunately he played poorly on all of them. If this were last year in the preseason I think he would have taken advantage of those reprieves in running for his life and done something awesome. For that reason alone he deserves to stick around on the team for another year.

If Quinn is really messed up, the team definitely should put him on IR and sign a vet like Hoyer or whomever. But the team shouldn't cut Stanzi. That's just a giant overstep.

ChiefsCountry
08-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Meh just keep Stanzi as the 3rd stringer. They don't play anyways unless freak injuries happen.

HemiEd
08-31-2012, 01:00 PM

Same here. In fact, I would prefer to see the 2011 Stanzi out there, over any QB we have had since 2005.

HemiEd
08-31-2012, 01:03 PM

That very well could be it, I haven't got to watch a lot of the preseason this year. Last night, he looked as though he was pressing though. Tight.

lostcause
08-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Seneca>>>>>stanzi

Mugalug
08-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Holy shit my bleeding eyes. Isn't there already an Stanzi excuse thread for you whiny bitches?

whoman69
08-31-2012, 02:07 PM

You sure?

suds79
08-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Everybody>>>>>stanzi

FYP

durtyrute
08-31-2012, 02:14 PM

That's one thing I don't get. Even when he came in second, the line looked like shit for some of the time. Not has bad as the thirds but still bad. Is he not calling protections? I don't know what to make of it. He hasn't taken advantage of the opportunities he's been given, even though it's only been like 10 plays all preseason when he wasn't primed to be raped.

durtyrute
08-31-2012, 02:15 PM
FYP

http://wizard.gamebanana.com/img/ico/sprays/shot_11.png

ct
08-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Matt Cassel is better

bevischief
08-31-2012, 03:11 PM
:popcorn:

Setsuna
08-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Mallet has all the tools but his attitude will keep him limited.

evolve27
08-31-2012, 03:41 PM
How many QB's can we develop? None. Lose out in hopes of Mark Barkley!!

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-31-2012, 04:34 PM
*crickets*