PDA

View Full Version : Football The Chargers have ruled out LT Jared Gaither (lower back) for the Week 1

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-01-2012, 05:50 PM
The Chargers have ruled out LT Jared Gaither (lower back) for the Week 1 against the Raiders.
Undrafted rookie Mike Harris is confirmed as the Opening Day starter. Gaither missed the entire preseason with chronics back issues and remains without a timetable. If Gaither misses extended time, Harris has the potential to downgrade the Chargers' entire offense. Sep 1 - 6:59 PM

Von Dumbass
09-01-2012, 05:50 PM
The Chargers have so many issues on the OL. Rivers is going to get killed this year.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-01-2012, 05:53 PM
It's gonna be an INT fest on MNF with Rivers and Palmer. Who gonna throw the most Monday night?

Ace Gunner
09-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Whoops.

KCrockaholic
09-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Bad news for SD. They have one of the worst O-lines in the league. And missing Gaither will hurt. More INT's from Rivers.

DTLB58
09-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Bad news for SD. They have one of the worst O-lines in the league. And missing Gaither will hurt. More INT's from Rivers.

Cool sig dude.

mr. tegu
09-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Sucks that the Raiders are the team benefiting from these injuries in week 1. I would rather it be some NFC team.

milkman
09-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Im shocked by this news.

Gaither is known for his durability, right?

Gadzooks
09-01-2012, 06:00 PM
The question is not whether the Chargers win the AFC West, rather, will the Chargers win the NFL?
Thank You.

DTLB58
09-01-2012, 06:01 PM
It's gonna be an INT fest on MNF with Rivers and Palmer. Who gonna throw the most Monday night?

Don't forget about Dalton and Flacco also. That double header thang again. Pretty good D's there and with the inexperienced Dalton and Wacko Flacco. I'm thinking we could see 6-8 between both games.

DTLB58
09-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Im shocked by this news.

Pioli is smiling.

DTLB58
09-01-2012, 06:06 PM
The question is not whether the Chargers win the AFC West, rather, will the Chargers win the NFL?
Thank You.

Win the NFL for the most over hyped under achievers award?

the Talking Can
09-01-2012, 06:13 PM
thank god we got rid of that pussy

Gadzooks
09-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Win the NFL for the most over hyped under achievers award?

Might I remind you, the Chiefs ended the season in last place. Seems to me, the Chiefs are a bit "over hyped" this season...
Let the excuses begin.

Schottenheimer
09-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Just heard Lewis is not expected to play. DJ is expected to play. Flowers they are hopeful will play.

DTLB58
09-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Might I remind you, the Chiefs ended the season in last place. Seems to me, the Chiefs are a bit "over hyped" this season...
Let the excuses begin.

Nope, I have zero expectations for this team till the QB changes.

aturnis
09-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Pioli is an idiot!!!

Saccopoo
09-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Im shocked by this news.

Hey now...

Everyone around here was pissed we cut him because he kicked ass. And now we have Winston.

kcmaxwell
09-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Hey now...

Everyone around here was pissed we cut him because he kicked ass. And now we have Winston.

Yep, i figure that worked out all right.

Ugly Duck
09-02-2012, 03:17 AM
Sucks that the Raiders are the team benefiting from these injuries in week 1.

Wow... somebody actually fears the Raiders this year? Thats encouraging!

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-02-2012, 05:06 AM
The Chargers have so many issues on the OL. Rivers is going to get killed this year.

You have no reason to talk. Potato Head will go down at some point.

3rd&48ers
09-02-2012, 05:12 AM
Sucks that the Raiders are the team benefiting from these injuries in week 1. I would rather it be some NFC team.

We haven't had 2 of our starting WR's all Preaseason.... How the hell have the Raiders benefited?

3rd&48ers
09-02-2012, 05:13 AM

QB's that can throw past the Linebackers usually have more INT's

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-02-2012, 05:14 AM
Yeah Palmer's ducks usually float past the LB's....into the secondary's waiting hands.

3rd&48ers
09-02-2012, 05:40 AM
Yeah Palmer's ducks usually float past the LB's....into the secondary's waiting hands.

He ain't no Cassell

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Sam was a pretty solid point guard in his day

mikey23545
09-02-2012, 05:59 AM
Might I remind you, the Chiefs ended the season in last place one game out of first. Seems to me, the Chiefs are a bit "over hyped" this season...
Let the excuses begin.

FYP.

3rd&48ers
09-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Undrafted LT playing to protect Rivers blindside... This should be fun

beach tribe
09-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Thank You.

That ship has sailed. You had freakin decade, like the 90s Chiefs...you failed.

3rd&48ers
09-02-2012, 07:19 AM
That ship has sailed. You had freakin decade, like the 90s Chiefs...you failed.

Plus that predictable Norv Offense does not help , He should have been fired last year

Ace Gunner
09-02-2012, 07:20 AM
God damn you Haley. Oh, wait.

Deberg_1990
09-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Peterson should have never let this guy go.

thabear04
09-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Who this guy again? I think we upgrade over him and made his name gone from this team.

scho63
09-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Gaither in much worse shape then first thought-will miss at least another week possibly much more

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/sep/10/jared-gaither-expected-miss-more-time-furter-testi/

OAKLAND — The season began without Jared Gaither, and it will go on with or without him.

The Chargers’ very expensive starting left tackle will miss Monday’s season opener against the Oakland Raiders. And indications from inside the organization are that his back malady will keep him out of at least next week’s home against the Tennessee Titans.

Gaither has had two MRIs to try to determine his precise injury, and sources said both have come back negative and further testing is scheduled.

The team has not ruled out that Gaither could miss the entire season and remains in the market for a reserve tackle.

“With Jared hurt and an unknown timetable for his return, yes, we are still thinking about adding an offensive tackle,” General Manager A.J. Smith said. “When we find the right guy, we will consider a move. The game doesn’t wait for your front line guys to get healthy. This season is now on the fast track.”

The Chargers will have competition in signing the best available tackles, especially after the St. Louis Rams lost their starting left tackle indefinitely to a strained neck and the Pittsburgh Steelers starting right tackle suffered a hyperextended left knee and could miss time.

A savior is likely not on the horizon and the Chargers’ plan is to go with rookie Michael Harris, who made his debut on Monday.

“You build your team in the offseason and adjust in-season,” Smith said. “Now is time to win with whoever is wearing a Chargers uniform. Our opponents don’t care about our problems, and I really don’t care about theirs. Living with injuries and making do is part of the NFL.

“We need to find a way to win a lot of games now matter what. Just get it done.”

Given the fact he has missed five weeks with an injury initially described as “day to day” and specified as back spasms, there has been much wonder both inside and outside the organization about the severity of Gaither’s injury and his readiness to return. Smith has declined to comment on that issue, but fans and media have not.

“Everyone has an opinion on everything,” Smith said. “That’s never going to change – nor should it. However, it doesn’t matter to us how much debate is going on. We have an injured player and we are working our way through the process with Jared. We wish him a speedy recovery. Our coaches work with his replacement, and we just focus on Chargers business. The outside noise does not enter the mix.”

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken

Chargers have placed left tackle Jared Gaither (groin) on season-ending injured reserve.

Got his money all he cares about.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-23-2012, 01:33 PM
This division is sooo full of fail.