PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink I've quit drinking

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Today is my one month anniversary (the 1st) without a touch of alcohol.

I wasn't an alcoholic before... aside from what some people here might think... but I did come to a point where I didn't like what it did to me so I made a pledge to myself and for those who depend on me not to drink again.

I like the way it feels to shut myself off from any drinking whatsoever. It's a new freedom.

Anyone ever just quit cold turkey before?

Saccopoo
09-02-2012, 12:54 AM

I wasn't an alcoholic before... aside from what some people here might think... but I did come to a point where I didn't like what it did to me so I made a pledge to myself and for those who depend on me not to drink again.

I like the way it feels to shut myself off from any drinking whatsoever. It's a new freedom.

About 273 times.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 12:56 AM
About 273 times.

Here's to hoping #274 is the promised land.

AustinChief
09-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Be careful, quitting cold turkey could cause you to see ghosts!

kaplin42
09-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Nobody likes a quitter.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 01:00 AM
Be careful, quitting cold turkey could cause you to see ghosts!

I already see them... I'm crazy after all...

stevieray
09-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Dr Johnny Facebook?

KcMizzou
09-02-2012, 01:02 AM
A month? That's pretty awesome.

If you wonder if you're an alcoholic, you probably are. I think I am. I'm one of those "functional" ones. I have responsibilities that keep me from going too far off the rails. The evenings are great, the mornings ****ing suck. I'm at the point where after the rare night of no drinking, I feel amazingly good. And that's ****ed up... because that's what should be "normal"

Saccopoo
09-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Here's to hoping #274 is the promised land.

Ain't gonna happen.

I like nailing drunken bar skanks way too much to fully embrace sobriety.

Saccopoo
09-02-2012, 01:06 AM

If you wonder if you're an alcoholic, you probably are. I think I am. I'm one of those "functional" ones. I have responsibilities that keep me from going too far off the rails. The evenings are great, the mornings ****ing suck. I'm at the point where after the rare night of no drinking, I feel amazingly good. And that's ****ed up... because that's what should be "normal"

I will go on a three month bender where I don't have anything to drink. System cleanse.

Are you taking your milk thistle tabs daily? Keep that liver as clean as you can.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Dr Johnny Facebook?

If you'd check your rep messages now and then you'd see what you thought wasn't the case. Aside from that I'm so sorry if my sharing with people here is so offensive. It's really easy to ignore a thread.

Phobia
09-02-2012, 01:07 AM
I like beer and rum. I've never quite alcohol. I drink 3-4x a month. I've had 2 rums and diet tonight. I prefer beer but the kind of beer I like had a bajillion calories.

DaneMcCloud
I stopped drinking to type this response.

BillSelfsTrophycase
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

AustinChief
09-02-2012, 01:08 AM

No need to spill your drink!

Saccopoo
09-02-2012, 01:08 AM

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1564173_o.gif

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 01:11 AM

I don't wonder if I'm a alcoholic because I don't want or need alcohol every day. I've often drank on weekends and have had no need during the week. Now I can make the choice not to drink without feeling any physical or psychological withdrawl.

Not an alcoholic.

stevieray
09-02-2012, 01:12 AM
If you'd check your rep messages now and then you'd see what you thought wasn't the case. Aside from that I'm so sorry if my sharing with people here is so offensive. It's really easy to ignore a thread.

yes it's soooooooooooooooooooo offensive.....:doh!:

good luck!

Rasputin
As I am an alchaeologist I may have some bottles of whiskey barried in my back yard to dig up someday. Altho I havn't drank in nearly 3 years this october I don't think it's a good idea for me to drink again, I just can't say never as I just don't drink today one day at a time.

Good luck to you Brian.

KcMizzou
I don't drink hard liquor. I'm a cheap beer guy. That's why I'm fat.

Switching to vodka and diet something or other always scared me.. because it's like, "Ok... the hard stuff.. now you're a hard core drunk" If that makes sense.

But beer.. hell that's just about havin' a good time.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 01:13 AM
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

And it lasts all day..... = winning!

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 01:15 AM
yes it's soooooooooooooooooooo offensive.....:doh!:

good luck!

I have no idea how to take anything you say anymore. All I know is the crap you've thrown my way. You'll have to excuse me for not being able to read your mind.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2012, 01:17 AM
I don't wonder if I'm a alcoholic because I don't want or need alcohol every day. I've often drank on weekends and have had no need during the week. Now I can make the choice not to drink without feeling any physical or psychological withdrawl.

Not an alcoholic.

Psychologists have many definitions for alcoholics. Some are binge drinkers, some drink everyday, etc.

If alcohol negatively affects your life in any way (i.e., missing work, ruining relationships, etc.), you're an alcoholic.

There are many people that can drink 4 beers and 4 whiskey shots a night, never have an adverse effect on their job, personal life, relationships and live to 90.

Others have two glasses of wine, lose all control of themselves, their situation and ruin relationships. It affects everyone differently.

Do what you need to do. Best wishes.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Psychologists have many definitions for alcoholics. Some are binge drinkers, some drink everyday, etc.

If alcohol negatively affects your life in any way (i.e., missing work, ruining relationships, etc.), you're an alcoholic.

There are many people that can drink 4 beers and 4 whiskey shots a night, never have an adverse effect on their job, personal life, relationships and live to 90.

Others have two glasses of wine, lose all control of themselves, their situation and ruin relationships. It affects everyone differently.

Do what you need to do. Best wishes.

Following all that... not an alcoholic. Good to know!

Rasputin
09-02-2012, 01:28 AM
Following all that... not an alcoholic. Good to know!

You don't have to quit drinking, just don't drink one day at a time brother. & also DaneMcloud is right with all that. Alcoholism is progressive & also can strike anyone at any time regardless of how careful you are. Next time you drink, is ONE beer going do it for you and call it good?

stevieray
09-02-2012, 01:28 AM
I have no idea how to take anything you say anymore. All I know is the crap you've thrown my way. You'll have to excuse me for not being able to read your mind.

all BS aside...i really don't think you've got anything to worry about...you're in radio..doing what you love....your daughter is setting the world on fire..you just got a job offer the other day...IMO,don't be so tough on yourself...only you truly know what and when how you can drink...something tells me you're gonna do the right thing..when its all said and done..that's what truly counts, let the chips fall where they may....

:thumb:

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 01:57 AM
You don't have to quit drinking, just don't drink one day at a time brother. & also DaneMcloud is right with all that. Alcoholism is progressive & also can strike anyone at any time regardless of how careful you are. Next time you drink, is ONE beer going do it for you and call it good?

You're right, I don't. But I choose to. That's what feels right for me and that's all I need to go on. I'm turning a new page.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 02:09 AM
all BS aside...i really don't think you've got anything to worry about...you're in radio..doing what you love....your daughter is setting the world on fire..you just got a job offer the other day...IMO,don't be so tough on yourself...only you truly know what and when how you can drink...something tells me you're gonna do the right thing..when its all said and done..that's what truly counts, let the chips fall where they may....

:thumb:

You and Nzoner have been people I've considered friends from years back when we met. Lately both of you have said some pretty shitty things. I'm not sure where any of that comes from. I never said anything to Nzoner to warrant his thread about me which was all out of context or you calling me worthless and saying I used to be cool but now fuck me.

Last I knew we were all friends... then Nzoner and I have different musical tastes... so what. Then both of you are piling on.

I guess it's just CP but it's disappointing.

go bo
09-02-2012, 02:17 AM
You and Nzoner have been people I've considered friends from years back when we met. Lately both of you have said some pretty shitty things. I'm not sure where any of that comes from. I never said anything to Nzoner to warrant his thread about me which was all out of context or you calling me worthless and saying I used to be cool but now **** me.

Last I knew we were all friends... then Nzoner and I have different musical tastes... so what. Then both of you are piling on.

*perk* link?

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 02:20 AM
*perk* link?

No. Stupid can stay in the past.

I'd much rather get along with everyone than fight, especially when I don't even understand why it started.

Phobia
09-02-2012, 02:22 AM

Switching to vodka and diet something or other always scared me.. because it's like, "Ok... the hard stuff.. now you're a hard core drunk" If that makes sense.

You ain't fat. I can send you a chick who would love you tonight. Rum and diet isn't a bat choice. Less calories than cheap, light beer.

Rasputin
09-02-2012, 02:24 AM
You're right, I don't. But I choose to. That's what feels right for me and that's all I need to go on. I'm turning a new page.

I can't just take it or leave it. If I drink I'm down for the hard count and if it don't kill me next time then it could the time after that. So I'm just better off leaving it alone I know the repercussions it will lead. I loved to drink, but it not worth it for my family sake & my well being. I came too far in my recovery to throw it all away even tho sometimes I just want to say fuck it and drink anyways like I wanted too tonight. I don't drink one day at a time so I don't pressure my self to worry about it. I know tomorrow is another day to deal with life & I want to be here for my kids to enjoy it.

KcMizzou
09-02-2012, 02:24 AM
So, if it's in the past... and you want to leave it there.. DO!!

Grudges are for girls. Men argue and get over it. It's not complicated.

Phobia
09-02-2012, 02:27 AM

Don't take anything personally from SR. He's not looking to piss anybody off. You and he are birds of a feather. You should be able to understand one another. If you both liked hairy asses, you'd be partners.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 02:27 AM
So, if it's in the past... and you want to leave it there.. DO!!

Grudges are for girls. Men argue and get over it. It's not complicated.

I'm sorry for bringing up something me and someone hadn't worked out before. The opportunity presented itself so I made my point. Fuck me.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 02:30 AM
Don't take anything personally from SR. He's not looking to piss anybody off. You and he are birds of a feather. You should be able to understand one another. If you both liked hairy asses, you'd be partners.

Stevie has always been a friend on here and irl since we met. I'll just stop there.

Phobia
09-02-2012, 02:33 AM
Stevie has always been a friend on here and irl since we met. I'll just stop there.

Stop trying to figure him out online. If you're confused, give him a call. He's really not trying to hurt anybody, especially you. IJS you guys are good people and you wear all your hearts on your sleeves. Don't let that affect your friendship.

KcMizzou
09-02-2012, 02:34 AM
I'm sorry for bringing up something me and someone hadn't worked out before. The opportunity presented itself so I made my point. **** me.Nah, seriously... that's on me. It's just a general philosophy kind of thing.

All the females I know hold a grudge for a very long time. Guys fucking hate each other until it's over... but when it's over, they're cool.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 02:34 AM
I can't just take it or leave it. If I drink I'm down for the hard count and if it don't kill me next time then it could the time after that. So I'm just better off leaving it alone I know the repercussions it will lead. I loved to drink, but it not worth it for my family sake & my well being. I came too far in my recovery to throw it all away even tho sometimes I just want to say **** it and drink anyways like I wanted too tonight. I don't drink one day at a time so I don't pressure my self to worry about it. I know tomorrow is another day to deal with life & I want to be here for my kids to enjoy it.

You should probably walk away from it too then. It's as much a choice as anything else in life. Like I said, I got tired of what alcohol turned me into and how it made me feel. It's not about being an alcohlic as much as it's about getting what you want out of life without the obstacle.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 02:35 AM
Stop trying to figure him out online. If you're confused, give him a call. He's really not trying to hurt anybody, especially you. IJS you guys are good people and you wear all your hearts on your sleeves. Don't let that affect your friendship.

Thanks Phob... seriously.

crazycoffey
09-02-2012, 02:41 AM
I feel sorry for people who don't drink, when they wake up in the afternoon, that's the best they feel all day.

Phobia
09-02-2012, 02:41 AM
Thanks Phob... seriously.

You're welcome. There's no reason good people can't get over a stupid misunderstanding online. SR and I have known each other forever. We've been around a couple times and we always pick it up on the phone or in person. You'll figure it out.

KcMizzou
09-02-2012, 02:44 AM
I feel sorry for people who don't drink, when they wake up in the afternoon, that's the best they feel all day.:shake:

Fail.

Rasputin
09-02-2012, 02:47 AM

I feel sorry for people who don't drink, when they wake up in the afternoon, that's the best they feel all day.

Q

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 02:48 AM
You're welcome. There's no reason good people can't get over a stupid misunderstanding online. SR and I have known each other forever. We've been around a couple times and we always pick it up on the phone or in person. You'll figure it out.

When I started here Stevie and I disagreed on stupid politics and we fought. Then at Joes bash he sought me out and wanted to make good and I really appreciated that and I've seen him a few times since and we've always been friends. I have nothing but love for Stevie. A few things have transpired recently that left me confused but I don't wish to fight with anyone, especially friends.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2012, 02:50 AM

1. Q

2. Not true

milkman
09-02-2012, 04:13 AM
I rarely drink.

When I do drink, about twice a year, if that much, I rarely have more than one drink.

But tonight, I've had several.

So **** you and the "I quit drinking" BS.

If you're not an alchoholic, then there's no need.

BTW, stevieray has a tendency to piss me off with his posts, but he still is one of my favorites.

Canofbier
09-02-2012, 04:53 AM
This thread is relevant to me after I woke up really early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep after a night of relatively heavy drinking. Eventually just gave up and had a very early breakfast. Never feels like a good idea the morning after, heh. I've sometimes entertained the thought of just giving my booze away to my friends to prevent me from drinking it without them.

HoneyBadger
09-02-2012, 04:58 AM
Nobody likes a quitter.

Or a spitter

bevischief
09-02-2012, 05:58 AM
Good for you. Hope you are doing this for all the right reasons. Everyone has their demons. So each to their own. Good luck. Not making fun of you or anyone else.

crazycoffey
09-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Q

He said it wrong
Plus it's a Q for us both, Sinatra said if before we did

1. Q

2. Not true

very true, never wake up with a hangover and feel better about 6 hours later?

Ceej
09-02-2012, 07:59 AM
A bunch of ****ing women on here nowadays. I would much rather read more Castle bash threads.

I've quit alcohol for six months before. Pretty easy. Could do it again no problem.

I know Buck has went awhile without a drink too.

SAUTO
09-02-2012, 09:01 AM
I haven't had a drink in over six months. I don't think I'll ever go back to drinking daily.

I have a drinking partner and I don't drink alone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Psyko Tek
09-02-2012, 09:03 AM

Beer ain't drinking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zZtxE3JzO8&feature=colike

In58men
09-02-2012, 09:04 AM
There's a lot of fail in this thread. Tisk Tisk Tisk.

SAUTO
09-02-2012, 09:08 AM
And I think my issue was that I DON'T drink beer. I put ice in a big glass and fill 9\10 full of vodka and then top off with some monster, then I proceed to drink those like I'm drinking water after the first is done.

and I'm buddies with everyone that owns a bar in this town so that's how they are pouredwhen I go out too...

I keep up with the beer drinkers usually, they need a drink, I'm ready too.

It's going to be funny when I do drink again, I envision getting wasted quickly
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna
09-02-2012, 10:00 AM
He said it wrong
Plus it's a Q for us both, Sinatra said if before we did

very true, never wake up with a hangover and feel better about 6 hours later?

You gay, dawg.

Mr. Laz
09-02-2012, 10:16 AM
I've quit drinking

congrats

:toast:

Predarat
09-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Congrats, its a hard thing to do!

stevieray
09-02-2012, 11:19 AM

dude, you're reading way too much into it....posting Dr Johny Facebook to a guy who has repeatedly joked about sharing personal information is/was the motivation.....the OP read like a "status update" to me...

....good luck with your continued sobriety.

Ace Gunner
09-02-2012, 11:37 AM
A bunch of ****ing women on here nowadays. I would much rather read more Castle bash threads.

I've quit alcohol for six months before. Pretty easy. Could do it again no problem.

I know Buck has went awhile without a drink too.

In honor of beerme and this thread, I'm going to drink beer and go mow the lawn.

In58men
09-02-2012, 11:43 AM
On a serious note. It's hard for me, I work in the Oilfields and a cold beer makes for a great way to end the day. I'm not a drunk, I have one or two beers a week after work. I buy one tall can and I'm good to go. I usually drink during football games, but never by myself. I have to be with a group of people. It's never a bad thing to have a beer or two after a long days of work.

On a side note I quit energy drinks last May. That includes any drink containing energy drinks such as yager bombs or vodka and redbulls. I put a stop to sodas as well, I've had probably 10-12 sodas since last May.

Beer would be much more difficult to give up. Good luck Dr Johnny.

Extra Point
09-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Almost 7 months. It's better by far than how it was.

It's just not for me. If you can handle it, cool.

LiveSteam
09-02-2012, 12:03 PM
:bong:

Bump
09-02-2012, 12:05 PM
:bong:

this

SAUTO
09-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Exactly
Posted via Mobile Device

LiveSteam
09-02-2012, 12:07 PM
this

& I will never quit

cabletech94
09-02-2012, 12:08 PM

i'm sorry for you loss. but really, good for you. i quit drinking, smoking, and sex earlier this year. it was the worst 15 minutes of my life. :)

Ceej
09-02-2012, 12:08 PM
In honor of beerme and this thread, I'm going to drink beer and go mow the lawn.

do not beer me. LMAO

Ace Gunner
09-02-2012, 12:13 PM
On a serious note. It's hard for me, I work in the Oilfields and a cold beer makes for a great way to end the day. I'm not a drunk, I have one or two beers a week after work. I buy one tall can and I'm good to go. I usually drink during football games, but never by myself. I have to be with a group of people. It's never a bad thing to have a beer or two after a long days of work.

On a side note I quit energy drinks last May. That includes any drink containing energy drinks such as yager bombs or vodka and redbulls. I put a stop to sodas as well, I've had probably 10-12 sodas since last May.

Beer would be much more difficult to give up. Good luck Dr Johnny.

gimme 25 push ups.