PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The Company You Keep

tk13
09-02-2012, 11:49 AM
The first trailer for Robert Redford's new movie this popped up this weekend. Looks like it has potential, and a tremendous cast.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FZ4CTyDwoPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mnchiefsguy
09-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Always good to see Robert Redford on the big screen. I think this will be worth checking out.

Bowser
09-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Thanks for posting this. Definitely looks like a must see.

Buehler445
09-02-2012, 11:45 PM
I hate Shia LeDouche, but this looks OK.

It should be noted that this is NOT a comic book, sequel, or novel to my knowledge. Accordingly, I think I'm going to reward Hollywood with my business.

Deberg_1990
09-02-2012, 11:54 PM
It should be noted that this is NOT a comic book, sequel, or novel to my knowledge.

Heh, I noted that too and immediately thought it would flop. Looks good though.

Buehler445
09-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Heh, I noted that too and immediately thought it would flop. Looks good though.

Is Shia LeDouche still a douche? Does he have real acting chops? It teeters on that AFAIC as long as they can make the tech believable.

tk13
09-03-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm going to burst your bubble but this is based on a novel. At least it's not a remake. Between this, Argo, and Flight... there at least appears to be some hope that there are somewhat original movies being made.

And I think this role might actually be right down Shia LaBeouf's alley. Hopefully he pulls it off.

Bewbies
09-03-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm surprised someone in Hollywood approved doing a movie featuring the weather underground during Obama's re-election year. Unless they want to try and paint them as something they're not?

Looks like a good movie though...

Buehler445
09-03-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm going to burst your bubble but this is based on a novel. At least it's not a remake. Between this, Argo, and Flight... there at least appears to be some hope that there are somewhat original movies being made.

And I think this role might actually be right down Shia LaBeouf's alley. Hopefully he pulls it off.

Well, a novel that I haven't heard of is a step in the right direction. It at least looks like there is some depth in the story line.

And LeDouche? We'll see. All I can recall him being in without checking imdb is transformers x3 eagle eye and Indiana jones. That's 0-5. But I hope he can turn it around and make a good movie.

Bewbies
09-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Well, a novel that I haven't heard of is a step in the right direction. It at least looks like there is some depth in the story line.

And LeDouche? We'll see. All I can recall him being in without checking imdb is transformers x3 eagle eye and Indiana jones. That's 0-5. But I hope he can turn it around and make a good movie.

I liked Disturbia, he was in that wasn't he?

Buehler445
09-03-2012, 12:46 AM
I'm surprised someone in Hollywood approved doing a movie featuring the weather underground during Obama's re-election year. Unless they want to try and paint them as something they're not?

Looks like a good movie though...

I'm showing my n00bness at life but I'm not familiar with weather underground. All I know is it is the website i use to check weather. At risk of getting this moved to the DC, what does this have to do with Obama.

Buehler445
09-03-2012, 12:47 AM

IDK. Like I said that's what I can recall and it is all bad. I'm hopeful though. I want to see this.

Bewbies
09-03-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm showing my n00bness at life but I'm not familiar with weather underground. All I know is it is the website i use to check weather. At risk of getting this moved to the DC, what does this have to do with Obama.

He launched his political career in one of the W.U. guys living room. Bill Ayers is the guys name.

I don't particularly want to talk about him or anything, it just surprises me that a movie would be made featuring that group in an election year featuring Obama. If it came out in 2013 or 2014 I wouldn't even think much of it.

note: I checked the book listing on Amazon and one of the reviews was very critical of a historical rewrite....that would make a lot more sense to me.

In other notes, one of my favorite movies is Spy Games, if Redford is like that in this one I'll most likely really enjoy it.

Luke Warm
09-04-2012, 07:26 AM

Yes he was.

Buehler445
09-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Looking at imdb he was also in that Wall Street movie that I didn't hate. I haven't seen disturbia but I'll take your word for it. That puts him at 2-5. Maybe he was just typecast as a doucher and can act. But I'm a little skeptical.

Hopefully he doesn't fuck up a good movie.