PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The hit that screwed over the Chiefs for years

Simplicity
09-03-2012, 09:36 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ji3iVpsel3I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If Pollard never did this... We would have never been tricked into getting Cassel :( **** Pollard.

KC Tattoo
09-03-2012, 09:37 AM
I don't need to watch that. Fuck you.

Sofa King
09-03-2012, 09:42 AM
For some reason my mind went to this hit.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iIrzOrPUfX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

L.A. Chieffan
09-03-2012, 09:44 AM
What an interesting theory. Never heard it.

Gravedigger
09-03-2012, 09:45 AM
That's not a foregone conclusion. Pioli took the job and would've been the man to take over King Carl's throne, who knows what he would've done but did Cassel's season have something to do with it? Maybe, but we could also put the shoe on the other foot and say that the only difference it would've made was that we would've gotten Vrabel and Cassel for a third or fourth round pick instead of a second. If Pioli wanted a guy from New England to come be his QB, I'd bet money he would've done what he did regardless of the season Cassel had. You could say we wouldn't have wasted 60 million dollars and a second round pick imo.

Inmem58
09-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Ban

Ace Gunner
09-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Garbage.

Bugeater
09-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Meh, it was worth it.

Simplicity
09-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Ban

You smell like fish.

Inmem58
09-03-2012, 09:52 AM
You smell like fish.

Permaban now motherfucker.

Simplicity
09-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Permaban now mother****er.

You still smell like fish.

Ace Gunner
09-03-2012, 09:57 AM
It doesn't matter whether Cassel was the messiah. This team had no stability at the position -- the Chiefs fielded 8 QB's over the two seasons previous to Pioli/Cassel era.

It is what happened since Cassel began his 3rd season as a Chief that bothers me and most fans. I'd rather have Orton than Quinn and I'd have preferred an open competition at the QB position this TC etc. because at very least Cassel would have been forced to do better as a football player.

Inmem58
09-03-2012, 09:59 AM
You still smell like fish.

You should be sleeping with the fishes

Simplicity
09-03-2012, 10:10 AM
You should be sleeping with the fishes

Least I don't smell like fish.

Inmem58
09-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Least I don't smell like fish.

My dad can beat up your dad.

gblowfish
09-03-2012, 11:05 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iIrzOrPUfX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I remember this clearly. It was right in front of where I sit. Green just got totally clocked. It was scary.

Bowser
09-03-2012, 11:07 AM

It's unbelievable how Geathers didn't even get a penalty on that play.

ILChief
09-03-2012, 11:11 AM

If that would have been Manning or Brady he would have been suspended

Von Dumbass
09-03-2012, 11:13 AM
I blame it on GoChiefs and Hogfarmer for trolling the shit out of Patriots Planet after that hit.

SNR
09-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Pollard should have thrown your mother down a flight of 73 stairs when she was pregnant with you

BigRedChief
09-03-2012, 11:16 AM
not the biggest negative hit in Chiefs history,

Montana;s concussion in Buffalo is the biggest. I'm convinced that Montana would have won that game and the Super Bowl if he doesnt go down with a concussion.

Valiant
09-03-2012, 11:25 AM

Yeah, it was BS..

Kennison blocked geathers into Green, no penalty..

Player blocked pollard into Brady, penalty and new rule created to protect QBs..

Rule still pisses me off.. If you get blocked from behind while going after the QB, no matter where you hit them, it should be a personal foul on the offense..

Lightrise
09-03-2012, 11:40 AM
I thought the Cassel signing was brilliant, that years draft sucked, seeing the 'real' Cassel and failing to 'shut that thing down' was stupid, and firing Haley was incompetent. Haly didn't have enough control, he never should have been forced to accept an OC he did not want, and he was hired so late it was impossible to get a staff that would work. However, outside of Cassel have to admit Pioli has assembled a very solid roster. I was disappointed we didn't take a QB this year. We could have put lipstick on a pig at nose tackle.

Psyko Tek
09-03-2012, 12:16 PM

Montana;s concussion in Buffalo is the biggest. I'm convinced that Montana would have won that game and the Super Bowl if he doesnt go down with a concussion.

that was the end. I saw it in his eyes
he was done
Joe saw the elephant

anybody know where I got that from cause I do not remember

Discuss Thrower
09-03-2012, 12:17 PM

That's what I thought when I read the thread title.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Then we could have drafted Sanchez :whackit:

Rain Man
09-03-2012, 12:20 PM
I read the other day that Bernard Pollard not only took out Brady's knee, but he was also the one who caused Wes Welker's knee injury, and he was the guy who sprained Gronkowski's ankle last year. Pollard is death to the Patriots.

notorious
09-03-2012, 12:22 PM
I thought this might be about that piece of shit WR for Buffalo that took out Berry.

That guy needs to get raped by an army of AIDS infested elephants.

bevischief
09-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Send in the dwarfs.

threebag02
09-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Send in the dwarfs.

Dexter won't make a dent in a tin can. No malicious hits by him for sure.

Frazod
09-03-2012, 12:28 PM

This. Seeing him on the bench after that hit reminded me of the Y.A. Tittle picture. That sucked.

We should have had Chiefs v. 49ers in the Super Bowl. Montana v. Young. But apparently God hated the fucking world that day, so we got Dallas v. Buffalo. 4321

Baby Lee
09-03-2012, 01:04 PM
that was the end. I saw it in his eyes
he was done
Joe saw the elephant

anybody know where I got that from cause I do not remember

Was going to, then decided to let google and wiki do the legwork.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seeing_the_elephant

mnchiefsguy
09-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Chiefs may have wound up with Cassel anyway. Remember, Pioli was well aware of Cassel's "talent", and may have traded for him regardless of whether he played for Brady that year or not. The only thing that might have saved us from Cassel would have been him bombing that season he played in NE..if that team had gone 5-11 instead of 11-5, and Cassel had shit the bed, then perhaps Pioli does not pull the trigger on trading him to KC. Just a thought.

threebag02
09-03-2012, 01:13 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxRVgRNc1Jj6esUL70RAkKmjw3VF4G4kUA3mlxwZWeOLUU89N-vw

Valiant
09-03-2012, 01:15 PM
The only problem with Cassel is the dumbshits that gave him the contract.. We should of had himplay at his one year franchise price to see how he performed with the Chiefs.. They were not the Pats supporting cast.. Giving him that contract handcuffed his terrible ass to us..

Dirty Bird
09-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Haha. I'd wanna rip my hair out if Cassel was my QB also. No offense.

NJChiefsFan
09-03-2012, 07:14 PM

The offense comes if you say the opposite, like pats fans still do about Matt.

barry_smilez20
09-03-2012, 07:18 PM

:spock:

They were down two touchdowns

notorious
09-03-2012, 07:51 PM
, like pats fans still do about Matt.

Most of those idiots don't deserve the team they have been given for the last 10 years.

ThaVirus
09-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Ban this fucker.

Aries Walker
09-03-2012, 08:40 PM
The thread title sent my mind straight to Geathers and Green, too.

Cincinnati bastard.

listopencil
09-03-2012, 10:51 PM
I blame it on GoChiefs and Hogfarmer for trolling the shit out of Patriots Planet after that hit.

Which one are you again?

SNR
09-04-2012, 12:25 AM

The hilarious part is he just might win a playoff game before YOUR Matt does. As starter or backup, with the Chiefs or with another team, either now or in the distant future.

Dirty Bird
09-04-2012, 07:12 AM
The hilarious part is he just might win a playoff game before YOUR Matt does. As starter or backup, with the Chiefs or with another team, either now or in the distant future.
If this were to be true it would only be a product of how weak competition/teams are in the AFC, not due to his individual talent.

Amnorix
09-04-2012, 07:47 AM
I read the other day that Bernard Pollard not only took out Brady's knee, but he was also the one who caused Wes Welker's knee injury, and he was the guy who sprained Gronkowski's ankle last year.

Nobody touched Welker when he blew out his knee. Pollard was, however, the closest defensive player to Welker when it happened.

Pollard is death to the Patriots.

Believe me, we know. Never has a marginal talent had such an outsized impact on significant games/players.

Amnorix
09-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Most of those idiots don't deserve the team they have been given for the last 10 years.

What a very weird way to look at things.

If you believe fans gets the teams they "deserve", do you still believe in the tooth fairy too?

Tribal Warfare
09-04-2012, 07:49 AM

Whoa layoff the trash talk and comeback to reality

notorious
09-04-2012, 08:33 AM
What a very weird way to look at things.

If you believe fans gets the teams they "deserve", do you still believe in the tooth fairy too?

sigh

Most people don't get what they deserve. A lot of idiot Broncos, NE, Giant,etc. fans don't get what they deserve.

Just the fact that NE homers defend a horrific QB like Matt Cassel takes it up a notch in stupidity.

Amnorix
09-04-2012, 08:46 AM
sigh

Most people don't get what they deserve. A lot of idiot Broncos, NE, Giant,etc. fans don't get what they deserve.

Just the fact that NE homers defend a horrific QB like Matt Cassel takes it up a notch in stupidity.

Even fanbase has its share of morons. The Raiders just have a higher percentage than most. :D

As for Cassel, the book may well be written on him, but this year will answer all questions (if any are left).

QuikSsurfer
09-04-2012, 09:30 AM

haha wut?