PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I think the QB of the future may be on our roster already.

Pages : [1] 2

Coogs
09-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Laugh if you must, but I really think the QB we are looking for might be Brady Quinn.

I re-watched the game from last Thursday this morning. All-in-all, I felt like Quinn was very sharp... given the fact that he just started getting some time with the first string players earlier in the week.

Cassel's only pass, and Quinn's first pass were nearly the identical same play. Bowe had to go to the ground to catch Cassel's throw. Breaston caught Quinn's right were the ball should have been thrown, and turned it up-field for 3 or so more yards.

Quinn's 2nd pass was a beautifully thrown ball that hit Baldwin right in stride, and Baldwin was able to turn it up for several more yards.

The next two passes were highly criticized around here after/since the game. I did not see that much there that can not be fixed... once Quinn gets more time with the #1's to get timing issues worked out. All thorughout OTA's and Training Camp, I never recall hearing Quinn (or Stanzi) making any plays with any #1 receivers. Not even during drills.

Anyway. On the first one, as slant pass to Baldwin, it looks like just a matter of timing. They were on the same page... but just didn't connect. More reps together to develop some chemistry, and that is a TD easily.

The next play... which was an Interception that was negated by a penalty on the Packers... that had a whistle blown in the middle of the play... it appeared that Baldwin and Quinn were not on the same page. Quinn's pass appeared that he expected Baldwin to go inside instead of on the fade route that Baldwin ran. Again, more reps together to develop the right chemistry so they are reading the right thing. Baldwin cuts inside, and that is a TD. Quinn throws the fade pass, and it is also probably a TD. Not on same page. That has to be understandable given the minimal amount of time the two have had together.

Next drive was all backups. Line and skill players.

3rd and 7. Hits Bellamy right on the button for an easy first down.

3rd and 9. Hits Manari right on the numbers for another first down.

3rd and 8. QB draw type of run that would have made Elway proud right up to the non-slide that got him slightly injured.

Then the next pass that has been widely criticized around here. The Interception on the back of the endzone. Again, this was with his backups and not the starters, which gives no excuse to Quinn. BUT... he starts out looking to his left. Staying with his progression, he moves to the middle of the field. At this point, Harris is getting his ass kicked by a Packers defender causing Quinn to have to step up into the pocket, which is collapsing under the 2nd string line. A half of a second more at the most, and Manari is comming wide open on a TE drag across just a little right of where Quinn made the decision to throw. Tiny bit better pocket, and that ball goes to Manari if Quinn has the time to finish his reads and that is an easy TD.

That is all the further I watched. And that was all the further I needed to watch. I am convinced Quinn is going to be just what the doctor ordered for this team. All he needs is more time with the #1's to get on the same page with them.

I know Cassel is the starter for now. I can accept that. He is not the best QB though. And it is not even going to be close... in time.

Munson
09-03-2012, 01:29 PM
If its between Quinn and Cassel, I'll take Quinn.

But we should draft a 1st round QB next year no matter what.

KCUnited
Chief fan, never stop being you.

JD10367
If Brady Quinn is the answer, you're asking the wrong question.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-03-2012, 01:31 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YlNEtWVGoAQ/T0dx2hZ71GI/AAAAAAAAAzg/As0eZtbx2Ug/s320/jimmy-fallon-popcorn.gif

durtyrute
09-03-2012, 01:32 PM
I'll take Quinn over Cassel

ClevelandBronco
09-03-2012, 01:33 PM

I'd take death by firing squad over death by cyanide.

Cornstock
09-03-2012, 01:34 PM
I feel like you will be getting a fair amount of flak for this, but I can see it. At least the part where he is better than Cassel. Its just plain bold to say that he is the long term solution but with reps he could be a significant improvement.

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-03-2012, 01:34 PM
If Brady Quinn is the answer, you're asking the wrong question.

Yup

Deberg_1990
09-03-2012, 01:35 PM
You know whos always the most popular guy on the team? The backup QB

Until he actually plays.............

Bump
09-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Tanney needs to be our QBOTF

until we draft a QB in the first round next year.

Rain Man
09-03-2012, 01:36 PM
If you count the preseason, I believe that Tanney has the highest career quarterback rating.

jspchief
09-03-2012, 01:40 PM
I think Quinn has the mental part. I just don't like his accuracy from what I've seen so far.

It might still be an upgrade. At least he's a guy that can use the entire field. Plus, if it came without injury to Cassel, it would at least signal that they are moving on.

Pablo
09-03-2012, 01:44 PM
LMAO

Yeah, sure.

notorious
09-03-2012, 01:44 PM
God help us.

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2012, 01:46 PM
ABC

Brock
09-03-2012, 01:47 PM
While I agree that he's better than Cassel probably in most respects, that's not really saying much.

the Talking Can
09-03-2012, 01:50 PM
i'd rather shower with sandusky...

threebag02
09-03-2012, 01:54 PM

She is probably about to her max withdraw since he's in jail. You might have a chance.

Slainte
09-03-2012, 02:16 PM
http://o.onionstatic.com/images/17/17891/16x9/635.jpg?7736

http://www.theonion.com/articles/chiefs-realize-brady-quinn-received-frog-and-toad,29387/

bevischief
09-03-2012, 02:18 PM
I want some of whatever the hell you are on. Seriously.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2012, 02:21 PM
pooptaco

SNR
09-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Nobody knows what Quinn's injury is all about yet. It might put him out for several games.

Oh, yeah, and he's also just as inconsistent in his play and skittish in the pocket as Cassel. He's not top 10 QB material. He's not even Joe Flacco material.

ChiefsCountry
09-03-2012, 02:25 PM
It would be nice if Cassel got hurt and Quinn turned into Len Dawson II. Not holding my breath though.

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Nobody knows what Quinn's injury is all about yet. It might put him out for several games.

I haven't seen anything on that.

threebag02
09-03-2012, 02:28 PM
ABC

Already
Been
Casseled
?
?
?

Rain Man
09-03-2012, 02:29 PM
I keep hoping for a scenario in practice where they run out of footballs and call over to the kickers to get one. Ryan Succop then casually rockets a ball 70 yards into the hands of a waiting Dwayne Bowe, never realizing that his arm is even more talented than his foot.

Inmem58
09-03-2012, 02:31 PM
This has to be one of the dumbest threads created. I'd rather read 5 luv threads and 8 Dr Johnny threads before reading just 1 of yours.

Sofa King
09-03-2012, 02:35 PM
This has to be one of the dumbest threads created. I'd rather read 5 luv threads and 8 Dr Johnny threads before reading just 1 of yours.

I'd rather have 100 of these than 1 of yours.

jspchief
09-03-2012, 02:40 PM
He's not top 10 QB material. I'll settle for top 30.

-King-
09-03-2012, 02:47 PM
LMAO The first round bust QB who has been on the bench for going on 6 years is the QB of the future?

ROFL

I don't even think he's better than Cassel. All 3 of our QBs suck. Deal with it. Cassel is sadly our best QB. Deal with it.

scho63
09-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah sure.... :banghead:

Pestilence
09-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Hop on board this bandwagon.....I'm driving.

Inmem58
09-03-2012, 03:10 PM

You watch your foul mouth

JD10367
09-03-2012, 03:10 PM
You know whos always the most popular guy on the team? The backup QB.

Q: Who's the most popular guy in the amputee nudist colony?
A: The guy who goes out for a dozen donuts.

Q: Who's the most popular girl in the amputee nudist colony?
A: The girl who eats the last donut.

Frankie
09-03-2012, 03:11 PM
If its between Quinn and Cassel, I'll take Quinn

If its between Quinn and Cassel, I'll take antifreeze.

Frankie
09-03-2012, 03:13 PM
If you count the preseason, I believe that Tanney has the highest career quarterback rating.

LOL, Tanny was in the game for one purpose only. To 'get injured' and go on the IR.

Frankie
09-03-2012, 03:14 PM

LMAOLMAO

L.A. Chieffan
09-03-2012, 03:15 PM
I said it already but I put part of the blame on the INT in the endzone on Crennel. Quinn made a mistake but it was clear that the hit he took two plays earlier rattled him pretty bad. A timeout and a regroup I think wouldve prevented the INT.

LVNHACK
09-03-2012, 03:15 PM
If its between Quinn and Cassel, I'll take antifreeze.

Easy now Clint....Don't want you going out like that....;)

LVNHACK
09-03-2012, 03:18 PM

LMAO

Guru
09-03-2012, 03:20 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

few breaths

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

DTLB58
09-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Quinn is tied to Crennel. The one will only be in KC as long as the other = the most 2 seasons.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-03-2012, 03:21 PM

OMG LMAO for the win

Frankie
09-03-2012, 03:23 PM
It would be nice if Cassel got hurt and Quinn turned into Len Dawson II. Not holding my breath though.
Lenny's top attribute was his poise. Have you seen an ounce of poise in Quinn?

Hop on board this bandwagon.....I'm driving.

LOOK OUT!.... NO HORSES!... You are just on a steep incline.

Coogs
09-03-2012, 03:27 PM
I said it already but I put part of the blame on the INT in the endzone on Crennel. Quinn made a mistake but it was clear that the hit he took two plays earlier rattled him pretty bad. A timeout and a regroup I think wouldve prevented the INT.

The INT should not have been thrown. But he did. That said. If the O-line gives him any time at all. It is a TD to Maneri. I'd bank on it.

The 3rd down and long plays were right on the money... thrown to an open receiver. It has been a long time since we have seen that. Usually 3rd and long requires a draw or checkdown pass with hopes of the RB being able to convert the last few yards to the sticks.

The guy is only 27. I am not opposed at all to drafting a QB either. But that QB may be 27 before he "gets it" in the NFL. Ryan has done a nice job early in his career. He is now 27. Point is, there is probably a learning curve for a rookie QB to get to the Super Bowl.

This team does not need Dan Marino to get it done. We just need someone who can keep the chains moving behind a stout running game. Quinn appears to be able to make the plays to do just that.

Like I say. Laugh if you must... which some of you are. Quinn just might be what this team needs to get over the hump. AFTER he gets some more time with the #1's to get some chemistry and timing developed.

Sofa King
09-03-2012, 03:30 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/618478/major-league-theyre-shitty_medium.jpg

Saccopoo
09-03-2012, 03:33 PM
The INT should not have been thrown. But he did. That said. If the O-line gives him any time at all. It is a TD to Maneri. I'd bank on it.

The 3rd down and long plays were right on the money... thrown to an open receiver. It has been a long time since we have seen that. Usually 3rd and long requires a draw or checkdown pass with hopes of the RB being able to convert the last few yards to the sticks.

The guy is only 27. I am not opposed at all to drafting a QB either. But that QB may be 27 before he "gets it" in the NFL. Ryan has done a nice job early in his career. He is now 27. Point is, there is probably a learning curve for a rookie QB to get to the Super Bowl.

This team does not need Dan Marino to get it done. We just need someone who can keep the chains moving behind a stout running game. Quinn appears to be able to make the plays to do just that.

Like I say. Laugh if you must... which some of you are. Quinn just might be what this team needs to get over the hump. AFTER he gets some more time with the #1's to get some chemistry and timing developed.

He's got a better arm, throws a better pass and can hit the open receiver. He's got a better feel in the pocket and doesn't panic as easily dumping off passes to the back after the first read.

Coogs is correct and the preseason showed why. He was the best of the three QB's on roster, threw better passes and that was playing with the junk that was getting dumped on the first cut day.

Inmem58
09-03-2012, 03:34 PM
I'll settle for top 30.

Oh fuck yeah ROFL

Coogs
09-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Oh fuck yeah ROFL

Aren't you needed in a Luv or Dr. Johnny thread?

Guru
09-03-2012, 03:41 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/618478/major-league-theyre-shitty_medium.jpg

no no no no no

They're STILL shitty

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2012, 04:00 PM
God help us.

LMAO Being a Chiefs fan is great.

Phobia
09-03-2012, 04:07 PM

Coming from you? Really? You're not even qualified to judge thread quality in D.C. Coogs is GTG. I don't know if I agree with him here but he's posted a lot more good football takes than bad.

ILChief
09-03-2012, 04:18 PM
no no no no no

They're STILL shitty

http://uconnbythenumbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Shitty-Again.jpg

Count Zarth
09-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Now think about this:

Statistically, Brady Quinn has accomplished less in this league than Tyler Thigpen.

Do I need to start a Quinn vs Thiggy poll?

aturnis
09-03-2012, 04:35 PM
He did have a sweet TD pass against the Packers....

BossChief
09-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Id take a Thigpen lead Pistol offense with our defense over a pro style offense lead bby Matt Cassel and our defense.

In 11 games...

2608 passing yards
386 yards rushing
22 totaal touchdowns (18 passing tds, 3 rushing tds, 1 receiving touchdown)
12 interceptions

BossChief
09-03-2012, 04:42 PM
BTW

If you take those numbers and extrapolate them over the course of 16 games, you get:

4,407 total yards (WOW)
3793 passing yards
561 rushing yards
53 receiving yards (thank you, Ronde)
32 total touchdowns
17 interceptions

Couple that with our defense, and it would be a fun year.

Gimmick or not.

Go ahead and check my math...

Count Zarth
09-03-2012, 04:44 PM
And that was with the beta version of Dwayne Bowe and no Jamaal Charles, behind a shitty offensive line.

Thiggy is not better than Cassel....but he is damn sure getting the shaft in this thread. Not that I even like the sawed off bastard, I just hate Cassel more.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 04:46 PM
BTW...Hillis and Charles would RAPE FACES in a pistol behind this OL.

Setsuna
09-03-2012, 04:46 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

BossChief
09-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Anybody want me to post the Brady Quinn equivalent?

Count Zarth
09-03-2012, 04:49 PM
DO IT

Saccopoo
09-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Now think about this:

Statistically, Brady Quinn has accomplished less in this league than Tyler Thigpen.

Do I need to start a Quinn vs Thiggy poll?

You make me want to gouge out my eyes with jagged spoons. Fuck you Clay.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Brady Quinn

12 games started
1902 yards passing
119 rushing yards 1 td
10 td
9 int

Extrapolated over a full 16 game schedule, that totals to:

2536 yards passing
159 yards rushing
1 td rushing
13 passing tds
12 ints

BossChief
09-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Thigpen 4407 total yards
Quinn 2695 total yards

Thigpen 32 total touchdowns
Quinn 14 total touchdowns

I never thought it would be that far off...

Saccopoo
09-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Thigpen 4407 total yards
Quinn 2695 total yards

Thigpen 32 total touchdowns
Quinn 14 total touchdowns

I never thought it would be that far off...

Hypothetical bullshit.

That's like a quantum physicist eating a shit ton of shrooms and then trying to extrapolate the meaning of life from a dried worm he found on his back porch.

Guru
09-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Hypothetical bullshit.

That's like a quantum physicist eating a shit ton of shrooms and then trying to extrapolate the meaning of life from a dried worm he found on his back porch.

crunchy

BossChief
09-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Hypothetical bullshit.

then just compare their production over a very similar amount of games (Thigpen started 11....Quin started 12)

Thigpens production blows Quinns away either way and its not even close.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Thigpen career comp % 54
Quinn career Comp % 52

Thigpen career YPA 6.3
Quinn career YPA 5.4

Should I continue?

CoMoChief
09-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Cassel is the starter.

No matter how much you bitch, moan and complain, he's our starter til the end of his contract.

Start as many retarded and pointless threads you want about how QB's xyz are better than Cassel. Not only are you incorrect, but this is also perfect example of how Chiefs fans will pimp up any QB simply because it's someone that's not Cassel, regardless of how bad that QB may be.

Quinn isn't a NFL starter, neither is Tanney, Croyle, Thigpen, Stanzi, or Palko.

ROFL There have been posts/threads here saying Tanney is "being held back" or posts implying that we're trying to "sneak him under the radar". This is a guy that got famous because of Youtube.

You can make an argument that Orton is better than Cassel. But is he really THAT much better? I don't think so and I think at the end of the day we're winning just as many games with Orton as we would w/ Cassel. Neither are top 10 franchise Pro Bowl type QB's. Orton didn't want to be here anyways, he'd rather backup Romo in Dallas than to possibly have the chance to start in KC.

Vince Young isn't coming here. Neither is Seneca Wallace.

We're not making a trade for Matt Moore.

People really need to STFU already. I wish Cassel would be replaced w/ a better option. But so far, a better option hasn't been presented.

Coogs
09-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Cassel is the starter.

No matter how much you bitch, moan and complain, he's our starter til the end of his contract.

Start as many retarded and pointless threads you want about how QB's xyz are better than Cassel. Not only are you incorrect, but this is also perfect example of how Chiefs fans will pimp up any QB simply because it's someone that's not Cassel, regardless of how bad that QB may be.

Quinn isn't a NFL starter, neither is Tanney, Croyle, Thigpen, Stanzi, or Palko.

ROFL There have been posts/threads here saying Tanney is "being held back" or posts implying that we're trying to "sneak him under the radar". This is a guy that got famous because of Youtube.

You can make an argument that Orton is better than Cassel. But is he really THAT much better? I don't think so and I think at the end of the day we're winning just as many games with Orton as we would w/ Cassel. Neither are top 10 franchise Pro Bowl type QB's. Orton didn't want to be here anyways, he'd rather backup Romo in Dallas than to possibly have the chance to start in KC.

People really need to STFU already. I wish Cassel would be replaced w/ a better option. But so far, a better option hasn't been presented.

Go back and watch the first two drives of the game Thursday. You too BossChief. Watch it like you did the Stanzi at Rams game. There is some damn good stuff there, and I have pointed it out. Stuff there that Cassel can not do on a consistant basis. Give Quinn some time with the #1's and watch out. I think he could do more than Orton did. He just needs a few weeks to get comfortable... probably much like Orton did.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Cassel is the starter.

Are we allowed to talk about the other positions on the football team this site is generated for?

Setsuna
09-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Quinn will be throwing picks like giving candy out at Halloween. GTFO with this shit already.

Coogs
09-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Coming from you? Really? You're not even qualified to judge thread quality in D.C. Coogs is GTG. I don't know if I agree with him here but he's posted a lot more good football takes than bad.

Thank you sir!

We are going at this just like the Vikings did. Build the team first, and it is damn hard to find the QB. A washed up Favre is how they finally went. Got the same result we did with Montana many moons ago.

Quinn has some tools. That was obvious Thursday with the #1's and even with the #2's on that second drive. There was a lot of beauty in both of those.

If we go rookie next year, it is probably 4 more years until Super Bowl time. Maybe 5.

If you go castoff from some othe team... like the Seahawks did with Flynn? :shrug:

We have tried that eleventy billion times in the past without much avail.

This guy came here because he wanted too. Not for more money. Not because of a trade. Because he wanted too. My gut tells me because he knows he is better than Cassel.

jspchief
09-03-2012, 05:22 PM
BTW

If you take those numbers and extrapolate them over the course of 16 games, you get:

4,407 total yards (WOW)
3793 passing yards
561 rushing yards
53 receiving yards (thank you, Ronde)
32 total touchdowns
17 interceptions

Couple that with our defense, and it would be a fun year.

Gimmick or not.

Go ahead and check my math...

Extrapolate the number of wins over 16 games.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Thank you sir!

We are going at this just like the Vikings did. Build the team first, and it is damn hard to find the QB. A washed up Favre is how they finally went. Got the same result we did with Montana many moons ago.

Quinn has some tools. That was obvious Thursday with the #1's and even with the #2's on that second drive. There was a lot of beauty in both of those.

If we go rookie next year, it is probably 4 more years until Super Bowl time. Maybe 5.

If you go castoff from some othe team... like the Seahawks did with Flynn. :shrug: We have tried that eleventy billion times in the past without much avail.

This guy came here because he wanted too. Not for more money. Not because of a trade. Because he wanted too. My gut tells me because he knows he is better than Cassel.

I think this team is set up for a good rookie to take over and flourish ala Ben Rothlisberger.

I dont think its gonna take 4 or 5 years to get there.

We arent that many pieces off, right now, if you cross off QB.

Even a rookie.

ILChief
09-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I think this team is set up for a good rookie to take over and flourish ala Ben Rothlisberger.

Even a rookie.

Problem is that QBs don't drop any more

BossChief
09-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Extrapolate the number of wins over 16 games.

Quinn is 3-9 as a starter
Thigpen is 1-10

Are you trying to sayy Quinn has shown to do more to help his team win games?

1st win
Quinn 3-8 45 yards 0td/0int

2nd win
14-36 185 yards 0td/0int

3rd win
6-19 36 yards 0tds/0int

ROFL

Thats a combined
23-63 (36% completions)
266 yards (ROFL in 3 games COMBINED)
0 tds

Yeah, he is a real go getter in those wins of his.

jd1020
09-03-2012, 05:31 PM

Beauty is that with the SRs due to come out for 2013 we shouldn't need one to drop to be able to draft a QB that could come in and make an impact.

Coogs
09-03-2012, 05:32 PM

Even a rookie.

It's risky. It's a risk I would be willing to go with, but a lot of times rookies make a big mistake in the playoffs that cost their teams. You chalk it up to learning experience, and try again the next season.

The Steelers got Ben somewhere right around pick #10. Nine maybe. Pioli might have to deal to get that kind of QB.

Again, I am all in on that type of deal.

But I still think we might have a guy right here on our roster too. And it is Quinn. JMO.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 05:34 PM

There will probably be 4 or 5 that go in the first round in the 2013 draft.

One will drop into the mid to late teens and will be within striking distance.

I dont want to hear a peep from anyone about trading up not being an option, either.

We traded up for a injury prone tight end in the 3rd and were reportedly trying to trade up for the other twin from Florida in the first round.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 05:36 PM
It's risky. It's a risk I would be willing to go with, but a lot of times rookies make a big mistake in the playoffs that cost their teams. You chalk it up to learning experience, and try again the next season.

The Steelers got Ben somewhere right around pick #10. Nine maybe. Pioli might have to deal to get that kind of QB.

Again, I am all in on that type of deal.

But I still think we might have a guy right here on our roster too. And it is Quinn. JMO.

A bigger risk is thinking either of our 30 year old quarterbacks that have been shitty will turn things around and win us a superbowl.

jd1020
09-03-2012, 05:37 PM
There will probably be 4 or 5 that go in the first round in the 2013 draft.

One will drop into the mid to late teens and will be within striking distance.

I dont want to hear a peep from anyone about trading up not being an option, either.

We traded up for a injury prone tight end in the 3rd and were reportedly trying to trade up for the other twin from Florida in the first round.

Hasn't Pioli attempted to trade up, or at least made mention of the possibility of trading up, in the 1st a couple times since coming to KC?

Just depends on how much he likes the prospect and how much it will cost to get it done.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Nobody thought we would draft a wide receiver with reported attitude issues in the first round

Nobody thought we would draft a safety in the top 5

Nobody thought we would draft a 5tech at 3rd overall

Nobody thought we would draft Poe at 11

I dont even want to try and act like the guy is a predictable drafter in the first round.

Mr. Laz
09-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Cassel's only pass, and Quinn's first pass were nearly the identical same play. Bowe had to go to the ground to catch Cassel's throw.
bullshit ... Bowe just fell down

you've lost your dam mind about the subject

jspchief
09-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Are you trying to sayy Quinn has shown to do more to help his team win games?

No. I'm trying to say Thigpen sucks.

Simplicity
09-03-2012, 05:54 PM
So what week do we start the "WE WANT QUINN" chants?

Coogs
09-03-2012, 05:59 PM
bullshit ... Bowe just fell down

you've lost your dam mind about the subject

That's your opinion. I respect that.

EDIT: Just rewatched it. Ball was outside... waist high. Ball lead him to the ground reaching for it to pull it in.

Coogs
09-03-2012, 05:59 PM
A bigger risk is thinking either of our 30 year old quarterbacks that have been shitty will turn things around and win us a superbowl.

Quinn is 27.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Quinn is 27.

He will be 28 in a month.

Close enough.

A franchise quarterback makes a routine throw for a touchdown instead of throwing a pick.

Sorry.

At this point, I dont even care...Id be totally fine with starting from scratch and drafting 2 quarterbacks high in the next draft and let an open competition commence.

Coogs
09-03-2012, 06:07 PM
He will be 28 in a month.

Close enough.

A franchise quarterback makes a routine throw for a touchdown instead of throwing a pick.

Sorry.

At this point, I dont even care...Id be totally fine with starting from scratch and drafting 2 quarterbacks high in the next draft and let an open competition commence.

Fair enough. I'm good with drafting one too. I just went back through the tape and did what you did with Stanzi against the Rams. That should be legal.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Fair enough. I'm good with drafting one too. I just went back through the tape and did what you did with Stanzi against the Rams. That should be legal.

I'm not saying that isn't fair.

It is.

At this point, Cassel is our best quarterback and there hasn't been enough to provide hope that either Stanzi or Quinn would be better.

Thats why I said I wouldn't be opposed to us drafting 2 quarterbacks next year and let Stanzi and Cassel duke it out to see who stays on the roster.

Hopefully, Cassel throws down a breakout year, though and makes all that moot.

Coogs
09-03-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm not saying that isn't fair.

It is.

At this point, Cassel is our best quarterback and there hasn't been enough to provide hope that either Stanzi or Quinn would be better.

Thats why I said I wouldn't be opposed to us drafting 2 quarterbacks next year and let Stanzi and Cassel duke it out to see who stays on the roster.

Hopefully, Cassel throws down a breakout year, though and makes all that moot.

I agree with most of your post except the bolded point. Your weeks 6 thing. Quinn instead of Stanzi.

jd1020
09-03-2012, 06:16 PM
I agree with most of your post except the bolded point. Your weeks 6 thing. Quinn instead of Stanzi.

:facepalm:

BossChief
09-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Quinn has a sprained neck, doesn't he?

I wonder how that little detail will play out.

jd1020
09-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Chiefs QBoTF is not currently on the roster.

Coogs
09-03-2012, 06:17 PM

:shrug:

Last I saw was Crennel thought he should be good to go.

Coogs
09-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Chiefs QBoTF is not currently on the roster.

Convincing arguement!:wayne:

BoneKrusher
09-03-2012, 06:21 PM

same here.
we know what we have in Matt after 3 years of checkdowns, INTs on screen passes and staring down WR's.
we cant say that about Quinn.

jd1020
09-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Convincing arguement!:wayne:

Don't need to argue it when you look at the Chiefs depth chart and see:

1. Cassel
2. Quinn
3. Stanzi

or...

1. Shit
2. Shit
3. Shit

Setsuna
09-03-2012, 06:37 PM
If you want less turnovers, then Cassel is your guy. And that's what anyone with a brain wants so Quinn will never be your guy.

Coogs
09-03-2012, 06:38 PM
All during the offseason, I was hoping to get either Quinn or Stanzi some reps with the #1's. Didn't happen. Even in drills as far as I can tell. Never did hear of either one making a pass to the top receivers.

We had to have the preliminary QB competition between Quinn and Stanzi. Did the right guy win? Honestly, I do not know.

But I do know this. After only a couple of practices with the #1's... and probably very limited reps at that... Quinn looked pretty damn good when given the opportunity to play with the first string Thursday. Some obvious chemistry/timing issues, but those are to be expected. At least by me.

The ball went were it should have every single time... except one... but that was more on the O-line IMO. Split second longer with some pass protection, and the progression reads leads Quinn right to an easy TD on his left to right read pattern. And I mean split second.

Look. We all know we are going to win games with Cassel at QB. When we can run it for a buck thirty-five or more, you can almost take it to the bank. It is when we are below that line that the problems are.

I'm done stating my opinion. I'm not afraid to be wrong. Quinn is the best QB between he and Cassel. And it is not that close.

lcarus
09-03-2012, 06:42 PM
The QBOTF for this team is probably in kindergarten right now. Could be that long before we have a true elite QBOTF. This franchise is clueless...

Saccopoo
09-03-2012, 06:58 PM
The QBOTF for this team is probably in kindergarten right now. Could be that long before we have a true elite QBOTF. This franchise is clueless...

One draft away...

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0901/ncf_a_smith_g_200.jpg

Hog Farmer
09-03-2012, 07:36 PM
I keep hoping for a scenario in practice where they run out of footballs and call over to the kickers to get one. Ryan Succop then casually rockets a ball 70 yards into the hands of a waiting Dwayne Bowe, never realizing that his arm is even more talented than his foot.

Hey , do you remember when our punter threw a 50 yard pass disquised as a punt and our reciever caught it in front of the punt returner . Aguilari , thats who it was I think. It was the greatest trick play evar !

Hog Farmer
09-03-2012, 07:38 PM
All during the offseason, I was hoping to get either Quinn or Stanzi some reps with the #1's. Didn't happen. Even in drills as far as I can tell. Never did hear of either one making a pass to the top receivers.

We had to have the preliminary QB competition between Quinn and Stanzi. Did the right guy win? Honestly, I do not know.

But I do know this. After only a couple of practices with the #1's... and probably very limited reps at that... Quinn looked pretty damn good when given the opportunity to play with the first string Thursday. Some obvious chemistry/timing issues, but those are to be expected. At least by me.

The ball went were it should have every single time... except one... but that was more on the O-line IMO. Split second longer with some pass protection, and the progression reads leads Quinn right to an easy TD on his left to right read pattern. And I mean split second.

Look. We all know we are going to win games with Cassel at QB. When we can run it for a buck thirty-five or more, you can almost take it to the bank. It is when we are below that line that the problems are.

I'm done stating my opinion. I'm not afraid to be wrong. Quinn is the best QB between he and Cassel. And it is not that close.

Don't see it. Put down the crack pipe.

BoneKrusher
09-03-2012, 07:45 PM
One draft away...

Smith to the rescue :thumb:

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Brady Quinn is done getting chances to be a starter.

Also, Matt Cassel is going to be our QB for quite a while imo. He's on the verge of a career season. It's not that I like him because I don't. I just think he's OK. However, look at the roster. He's good enough to distribute the ball effectively with this o-line and wide receivers.

JD10367
09-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Debating Cassel vs. Quinn vs. Thigpen is like last call at the bar, and debating, between the three skanks left, if you wanna go home with the hunchback, the gimp, or the cross-eyed chick.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Debating Cassel vs. Quinn vs. Thigpen is like last call at the bar, and debating, between the three skanks left, if you wanna go home with the hunchback, the gimp, or the cross-eyed chick.
I'll take the cross eyed chick, please.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-03-2012, 08:00 PM

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2001_Shallow_Hal/001SHA_Jack_Black_020.jpg

NJChiefsFan
09-03-2012, 08:19 PM

If I was a gimp, hunchback, or cross-eyed chick I would be insulted by that comparison.

Brock
09-03-2012, 08:24 PM

LOL

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-03-2012, 08:25 PM
One draft away...

I can't see Pioli ever taking a scrambling QB. He's about consistancy and those guys are consistant for the most part because they get hurt. It's not his style.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Charlie Weis will convince Pioli to pickup another one of his guys in Dane Crist late in the draft.

Drafting QB in late rnd coached by another buddy of his...calling it now. /Pioli [See: Stanzi]

BossChief
09-03-2012, 08:32 PM
LOL

what was funny about that?

Guru
09-03-2012, 08:38 PM
http://uconnbythenumbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Shitty-Again.jpg

that would imply that we were not shitty for a time since Carl left.

O.city
09-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Sure he's a scrambling qb, that just completed 32 of 36 passes, basically from the pocket.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Sure he's a scrambling qb, that just completed 32 of 36 passes, basically from the pocket.

Well, he is black...isn't he?

Coogs
09-03-2012, 08:47 PM
He's on the verge of a career season.

What exactly did you see in the preseason to come up with this. I saw status quo. We run... he's OK. We ask him to pass... not so much. All four games (if you count 10 runs and 1 pass sufficient evidence for an OK ranking) bear out the cold hard facts.

O.city
09-03-2012, 08:58 PM
In the games we asked Cassel to throw, Seattle and STL, it wasn't really him throwing that caused us to suck shit.

Baldwin fumbles, D can't get stops,

RustShack
09-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Cassel will get hurt, and Quinn will win us a Super Bowl. Pioli finally finds his Brady.

NJChiefsFan
09-03-2012, 09:07 PM
In the games we asked Cassel to throw, Seattle and STL, it wasn't really him throwing that caused us to suck shit.

Baldwin fumbles, D can't get stops,

He didn't throw downfield and that is the claim here of what's gonna happen.

O.city
09-03-2012, 09:10 PM
He didn't throw downfield and that is the claim here of what's gonna happen.

He didn't throw it downfield alot, but he did it more than people round here will admit.

Still yet, he hasn't ever been a good passer down the field, so probably wise not to expect that to start this season.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Quinn has never been the answer. I don't know why he would be now.

NJChiefsFan
09-03-2012, 09:13 PM
He didn't throw it downfield alot, but he did it more than people round here will admit.

Still yet, he hasn't ever been a good passer down the field, so probably wise not to expect that to start this season.

Exactly. His inability to go through reads and have poor accuracy downfield isn't gonna change. He has always checked down a ton yet he can't get to 60% completion percentage. A list of 15-25 yard pass comp% would reveal a pretty scary number.

O.city
09-03-2012, 09:16 PM
He didn't really check it down, thats the way Dabolls offense is designed.

NJChiefsFan
09-03-2012, 09:18 PM

Well his past yrs he did and he couldn't get to 60%. And if that's how it's designed that's one more reason it's foolish to expect us to stretch the field.

bsp4444
09-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Can someone post career yards per completion stats for Cassel and Quinn? Cassel will always look for the underneath crap.

O.city
09-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Cassel has pretty much been beaten to death about not turning the ball over. You can't be afraid to cut it lose in todays NFL.

jspchief
09-03-2012, 09:35 PM
He didn't really check it down, thats the way Dabolls offense is designed.So we are going to be run heavy, which will draw defenders in, but our passing game is going to play right into that?

We have 2 1st rounders at WR. We have 2 good RBs. This offense could be deadly with a QB that could go vertical. A pick your poison scenario. Instead we're going to try to kill defenses with death by a thousand tiny cuts.

Reerun_KC
09-03-2012, 09:38 PM
So we are going to be run heavy, which will draw defenders in, but our passing game is going to play right into that?

We have 2 1st rounders at WR. We have 2 good RBs. This offense could be deadly with a QB that could go vertical. A pick your poison scenario. Instead we're going to try to kill defenses with death by a thousand tiny cuts.

Yep. That's exactly what crennel and daboll will do.

jspchief
09-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Yep. That's exactly what crennel and daboll will do.Exactly what? throw to the part of the field that's already crowded with cheating safeties?

CoMoChief
09-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Quinn has never been the answer. I don't know why he would be now.

because he's someone other than Matt Cassel.

NJChiefsFan
09-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Exactly what? throw to the part of the field that's already crowded with cheating safeties?

Yes.

jspchief
09-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Yes.To the floating styrofoam peanut!!1!

Reerun_KC
09-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Exactly what? throw to the part of the field that's already crowded with cheating safeties?

Yep and they will ask Cassel to do it game in and out. It will wear us thin all year with the daboll Dink and dunk.

Reerun_KC
09-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Daboll Dink and dunk. ROFL. That is kind of funny

Saccopoo
09-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Yep and they will ask Cassel to do it game in and out. It will wear us thin all year with the daboll Dink and dunk.

What do you want them to do? Have Cassel air it out long a la Stafford to Johnson?

The team needs wins. They've built the offense specifically for matriculating the ball up and down the field. You've got one of the best backfields in the NFL in Charles and Hillis. You've got two huge receivers who can fight off the line and seal CB's off and who can block the hell out of defensive backs and even linebackers. You've got the best run blocking right tackle in the NFL. You've got a left tackle who is very good at run blocking and not so good at pass blocking. You've got a center and right guard who are bull strong. You've got strong TE's that have very good hands who are also excellent blockers. You've got a shifty dump off guy who can make plays behind all the excellent blockers. You've got a big, pretty mobile quarterback who loves the dump off. You've got an offensive coordinator who loves the run supported by the short to mid passing game. You've got a pretty damn good defense that keeps people out of the end zone.

As it stands, trying to stretch the field is a complete waste with this offense. Let's shove that fucker down the defenses throat five yards at a time. Matriculate it up and down the field boys!

ARROW2
09-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Quinn is better than Cassel and it's not even close. Waaaay more talented and poise in the pocket. Throws a better ball and reads defenses better. Looks like a QB. Cassel sucks and is a wannabe QB.

ChiefsCountry
09-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Cassel is the starter.

Hell yes Brady Quinn is now going to be a future Hall of Famer.

clyde05
09-04-2012, 12:56 AM
if we have qbof on our team right now, we are doomed for years to come

NJChiefsFan
09-04-2012, 01:23 AM
To the floating styrofoam peanut!!1!

Come on, you gotta give this strategy atleast 6 years before you give up on it. Cassel just make work out.....

Coogs
09-04-2012, 05:06 AM

This is what I did not see when you go through the first two series with Quinn. He found the open receiver, and was pretty much on the mark with his throws. His targets were the big boys down the field... not McCluster in the flat.

I think he is exactly what this team needs to take it to the next level with the talent that is here. We tried against the Rams and Seahawks with Cassel, and it just wasn't there.

We can and will win games with Cassel. But we could win those same games with Quinn. It looks like we could win games with Quinn that we can not win with Cassel.

Coogs
09-04-2012, 05:16 AM
Hell yes Brady Quinn is now going to be a future Hall of Famer.

Doesn't have to be a HOFer. This team is not built in the fashion that needs a HOF QB to be successful... and successful deep into the post season. It does need a QB who can bring a bit more to the table than Cassel can.

Watch the 1st two series with Quinn against the Packers again. Watch it without any bias. You might be surprised.

Reerun_KC
09-04-2012, 06:08 AM
Doesn't have to be a HOFer. This team is not built in the fashion that needs a HOF QB to be successful... and successful deep into the post season. It does need a QB who can bring a bit more to the table than Cassel can.

Watch the 1st two series with Quinn against the Packers again. Watch it without any bias. You might be surprised.

Only if you look at Quinn's body of work without bias. Cause Quinn doesn't give us the best chance for anything positive.

Chiefnj2
09-04-2012, 07:15 AM
This is what I did not see when you go through the first two series with Quinn. He found the open receiver, and was pretty much on the mark with his throws. His targets were the big boys down the field... not McCluster in the flat.

Here is where I think your analysis is off base. You are assuming that Cassel and Quinn had the same gameplan and playcalling. In the first two preaseason games it was obvious that the playcalling and design was to get the ball to the slot and TE's. Other times you saw designed plays where the ball was forced to other guys on short routes.

IMHO, the only time they opened the playcalling up for Cassel was the GB game and he came throwing really high the first quarter and then had some drops (some worse than others). Honestly, even when Cassel threw longer against Seattle (and high) the receivers weren't nearly as open as the guys were when Quinn was throwing in GB.

If Quinn was in year four with KC, do I think he might be a little better than Cassel - sure. Do I think the downfield passing game would be better between 11 and 20, yep. Do I think Quinn is any real improvement or should be viewed or treated like a QBOTG - no way in hell.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-04-2012, 07:43 AM
What exactly did you see in the preseason to come up with this. I saw status quo. We run... he's OK. We ask him to pass... not so much. All four games (if you count 10 runs and 1 pass sufficient evidence for an OK ranking) bear out the cold hard facts.

That's just it. It's the preseason and we showed nothing. We have seen him throw the ball down the field in the last three years. People just don't want to admit it. People are crazy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2012, 08:31 AM
How bad does Cassel suck when pining for Thiggy becomes a topic around here?

Reerun_KC
09-04-2012, 09:39 AM
How bad does Cassel suck when pining for Thiggy becomes a topic around here?

Has nothing to do with Cassel sucking, it has everything to do with the lack of basic football knowledge of our fanbase here.

We are quickly becoming CC and/or WPI...

htismaqe
09-04-2012, 09:59 AM
That's just it. It's the preseason and we showed nothing. We have seen him throw the ball down the field in the last three years. People just don't want to admit it. People are crazy.

What games are you watching?

Any throw beyond 20 yards is almost guaranteed to be a neutral play AT BEST.

Go to any stat-related site there is and look it up - Matt Cassel's "deep ball" is one of the worst in the league among starting QBs.

beach tribe
09-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Are you kidding?? Quinn looked like shit. Couldn't even hit a slant pass in the end zone on his first trip to the red zone, and then threw a pick on his next trip to the red zone. Cassel hit Bowe for like 10 TDs on that slant pass in 2010. It was almost unstoppable.

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Are you kidding?? Quinn looked like shit. Couldn't even hit a slant pass in the end zone on his first trip to the red zone, and then threw a pick on his next trip to the red zone. Cassel hit Bowe for like 10 TDs on that slant pass in 2010. It was almost unstoppable.

JFC.....Quinn has had NO time with the #1s. I bet if Cassel went out and played with the scrubs....he'd look like dog shit as well.

beach tribe
09-04-2012, 10:11 AM
JFC.....Quinn has had NO time with the #1s. I bet if Cassel went out and played with the scrubs....he'd look like dog shit as well.

So a QB that has been in the league for as long as he has needs a ton of reps to hit a 7 yard slant pass?
Look, I like Quinn. Love to have him as a back up, but Cassel is actually better, and that's not good for Quinn.

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 10:17 AM
So a QB that has been in the league for as long as he has needs a ton of reps to hit a 7 yard slant pass?
Look, I like Quinn. Love to have him as a back up, but Cassel is actually better, and that's not good for Quinn.

When you don't get any reps with the WRs that you're throwing to? Yeah. The passing game relies on timing. You only get that from working with the WRs over and over again. Interesting that when Quinn goes out and plays with the #2s.....he's got no problems. That's because those are the guys that he's practicing with on a day to day basis.

I guarantee that if Quinn got #1 reps during practice....he'd blow Cassel out of the water. I've said it before.....and I'll say it again....Quinn is the perfect fit for this offense. He's better in the pocket than Cassel is. He's better at reading defenses. He's better at going through his progressions. And he's better at throwing the deep ball.

buddha
09-04-2012, 10:18 AM
coogs, I posted something similar before the preseason. I am far from a Quinn honk and I hate ND...so no dog in the fight. I think Quinn has more presence and more ability than the other two QBs on the roster. He isn't perfect, and his biggest issue is his inability to sense pressure and burn pressure.

With that said, I think BQ is a better option for KC long term. To the stooges who think drafting a QB in the first round, no matter who it is, you guys are really really dumb.

ChiefsCountry
09-04-2012, 10:20 AM

I'm a Quinn supporter but with CoMo's track record just made it happen.

Pestilence
And before someone comes out and calls me a Quinn homer.......I'm not saying that if Quinn was starting....that he would be out competing with Brady, Brees or Rodgers. He's not that type of QB. But he is better than Cassel....and he won't go out there and just complete checkdown passes to McCluster all fucking game.

beach tribe
When you don't get any reps with the WRs that you're throwing to? Yeah. The passing game relies on timing. You only get that from working with the WRs over and over again. Interesting that when Quinn goes out and plays with the #2s.....he's got no problems. That's because those are the guys that he's practicing with on a day to day basis.

I guarantee that if Quinn got #1 reps during practice....he'd blow Cassel out of the water. I've said it before.....and I'll say it again....Quinn is the perfect fit for this offense. He's better in the pocket than Cassel is. He's better at reading defenses. He's better at going through his progressions. And he's better at throwing the deep ball.

I really wish he could get a shot to do just that. It would be ****ing awesome for him to resurrect his career for us, and become the quality starter we need. He has all the talent in the world.

Reerun_KC
09-04-2012, 10:21 AM
What is funny is how fast it went from Stanzimania to QuinnTaintLicking... Dear god, this is getting comical.

If you need a good laugh, open a QB thread on CP and read the expert analysis... LMAO

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Quinn's career never really got off to a start at all. His situation in Cleveland was fucked. He got injured...and then lost the coach that drafted him. Mangini fucked up that whole situation. He went to Denver. Could he have shined and made the Broncos start him over Tebow? Sure. But I still think that Denver wasn't going to blow a 1st round pick on Tebow and then not give him a shot. He came here....and he's still fucked because Pioli isn't benching Cassel.

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 10:24 AM
What is funny is how fast it went from Stanzimania to QuinnTaintLicking... Dear god, this is getting comical.

If you need a good laugh, open a QB thread on CP and read the expert analysis... LMAO

What's funny is if ANYONE on this board actually thinks your posts have any substance to them. You've now fallen below R8ers and Setsuna. You're the most worthless poster on this board.

Frankie
09-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Quinn is 27.Playing like 57.

Hopefully, Cassel throws down a breakout year, though and makes all that moot.LMAO Cassel will have a year par with any average QB and we'll call it his break out year. Pioli will have that "I told you so" posture all off season and stay away from drafting one of the talented QBs coming up.

I was vocally against drafting Quinn when he came out of college and posters here were screaming for him. I was totally correct. Quinn has not done anything for me to even get the crow out of the freezer.

Debating Cassel vs. Quinn vs. Thigpen is like last call at the bar, and debating, between the three skanks left, if you wanna go home with the hunchback, the gimp, or the cross-eyed chick.LMAO

If I was a gimp, hunchback, or cross-eyed chick I would be insulted by that comparison.OK, fat, hair lip, and toothless.

He didn't really check it down, thats the way Dabolls offense is designed.Which is why I have theorized on this BB before and will here again, that Daboll has been instructed to devise an O that would be totally suited to Cassel. This may be one of the reasons Stanzi has regressed over last preseason. This and the long hair. ;)

Cassel will get hurt, and Quinn will win us a Super Bowl. Pioli finally finds his Brady.And Prince Charles will be King of England.

Quinn is better than Cassel and it's not even close. Waaaay more talented and poise in the pocket. Throws a better ball and reads defenses better. Looks like a QB. Cassel sucks and is a wannabe QB.If you want purer stuff for cheaper call 1-555-pursht

Reerun_KC
09-04-2012, 10:28 AM
What's funny is if ANYONE on this board actually thinks your posts have any substance to them. You've now fallen below R8ers and Setsuna. You're the most worthless poster on this board.

Yet your posts do? ROFL Little man, go away...

Deberg_1990
09-04-2012, 10:30 AM

Seriously??? Because he doesn’t bow at the altar of Stanzi and Quinn, hes looked at like he holds some extreme opinion? Really???
Good lord, how much this board has been taken over by idiots and trolls.

beach tribe
Quinn's career never really got off to a start at all. His situation in Cleveland was ****ed. He got injured...and then lost the coach that drafted him. Mangini ****ed up that whole situation. He went to Denver. Could he have shined and made the Broncos start him over Tebow? Sure. But I still think that Denver wasn't going to blow a 1st round pick on Tebow and then not give him a shot. He came here....and he's still ****ed because Pioli isn't benching Cassel.

I really don't think starting for that Broncos team would have done him any favors. A shot with us, on the other hand, could do wonders for his career, but he's gonna have to look a lot better than he did the other night, obviously, and i truly believe with some playing time, he would.

Pestilence
Yet your posts do? ROFL Little man, go away...

Yeah. I actually bring some form of discussion to this board. Since I've been here....your posts have been one big clusterfuck of bullshit and retarded smack talk.

Reerun_KC
09-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Seriously??? Because he doesn’t bow at the altar of Stanzi and Quinn, hes looked at like he holds some extreme opinion? Really???
Good lord, how much this board has been taken over by idiots and trolls.

No shit... Why would anyone bow down to any of these 3 QB's... They all suck the ballsack...

I agree. I miss the good days of football discussion.

beach tribe
09-04-2012, 10:33 AM

That's a pretty strong statement, Dude. there are some really, really bad posters on this board now days. I actually think RR is better now than he was when every single post he made was "Herm sucks".
We now have guys like bonekrusher who literally posts some form of "Cassel sucks" with EVERY single post, just over, and over and over.

Reerun_KC
09-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah. I actually bring some form of discussion to this board. Since I've been here....your posts have been one big cluster**** of bullshit and retarded smack talk.

ROFL

Yeah, I just cant get into the "some form of discussion" when it comes to rehashing the same bullshit and cliches about the QB as you do...

YOU carry on and we will leave the football talk to the grown ups...

Reerun_KC
09-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Dude, there are some reall, really bad posters on this board now days. That's a pretty strong statement. I actually think RR is better now than he was when every single post he made was "Herm sucks".
We now have guys like bonekrusher who literally posts some form of "Cassel sucks" with EVERY single post, just over, and over and over.

No worries. Its funny how people get so worked up when I come in and make fun of the so called football discussions on the QB's...

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 10:36 AM
ROFL

Yeah, I just cant get into the "some form of discussion" when it comes to rehashing the same bullshit and cliches about the QB as you do...

YOU carry on and we will leave the football talk to the grown ups...

Link me to your latest post that can be considered actual football discussion. I've yet to see any from you.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-04-2012, 10:39 AM
And before someone comes out and calls me a Quinn homer.......I'm not saying that if Quinn was starting....that he would be out competing with Brady, Brees or Rodgers. He's not that type of QB. But he is better than Cassel....and he won't go out there and just complete checkdown passes to McCluster all ****ing game.

In my short time here, I find that your posts generally suck ass.

Reerun_KC
Link me to your latest post that can be considered actual football discussion. I've yet to see any from you.

Arent we discussing football right now?

Setsuna
Le sigh. Pestilence trying to champion his homeboy. I'm about 99% sure if Quinn is given a chance to start and teams are given the normal amount of time to game plan for him, he will crash and burn and we can put this crap to rest.

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 10:44 AM
In my short time here, I find that your posts generally suck ass.

It's a good thing I don't value your opinion at all. Go back and tell me how you saw Pitoitua playing NT in the 1st QTR.

Arent we discussing football right now?

The people in this thread were. You, however, are not.

Le sigh. Pestilence trying to champion his homeboy. I'm about 99% sure if Quinn is given a chance to start and teams are given the normal amount of time to game plan for him, he will crash and burn and we can put this crap to rest.

All I'm saying is give him a shot......if he fails....then he has no excuses. Even you had to admit (before the INT) that he was playing better than you expected him too.

Chiefnj2
09-04-2012, 10:46 AM
The general view of QB's on this board is so over the top.

Every single Cassel pass is scrutinized more than the god damn Zapruder film. People hate Cassel so much they look to nitpit every thing the guy does. He can throw a 9 yard pass that the WR takes for an additional 20 yards, and instead of being mildly pleased with a 29 yard gain the response is - he didn't hit him in stride, he missed a wide open Baldwin 50 yards down the field, he didn't go through his progressions, his footwork was laughable on that drop back, what a weak throw, he held the ball too long, etc.

Multiple INTs in the endzone by a backup and it is - you know if you look at it with an open mind he did a really good job. The INT wasn't really his fault, the receiver gave up, he didn't have enough time with those receivers, he made better reads leading up to the pass, his footwork is much better, his release was much better, they only scored 7 points but the offense was much, much more efficient.

Debating about wether Orton, Quinn, Wallace, Thigpen, Stanzi or Cassel is the guy to put KC over top? Really? That's the debate that gets people into a fervor? Which third tier QB is the best?

htismaqe
No shit... Why would anyone bow down to any of these 3 QB's... They all suck the ballsack...

I agree. I miss the good days of football discussion.

Since the day you arrived, you've spent an inordinate amount of time laughing at other people rather than adding opinions of your own.

You know this to be true. :)

Deberg_1990
All I'm saying is give him a shot......if he fails....then he has no excuses. Even you had to admit (before the INT) that he was playing better than you expected him too.

Didnt he have his shot in Cleveland?

Setsuna
09-04-2012, 10:47 AM

Oh he absolutely was playing much better. I was pretty impressed. And by all means I want him to get a shot just as bad as you do. For different reasons obviously. But I definitely do want him to start.

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Oh he absolutely was playing much better. I was pretty impressed. And by all means I want him to get a shot just as bad as you do. For different reasons obviously. But I definitely do want him to start.

I fully get that the reason we want to see him get a shot is completely different. At least we can agree on him getting a shot.

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Didnt he have his shot in Cleveland?

It's been talked about before....but his shot in Cleveland was fucked. He got drafted as the QBoTF. Anderson went out and earned a new contract.....so they weren't going to bench Anderson over Quinn. Quinn finally got his shot....and got injured. Crennel got fired and Mangini came in and completely fucked up that QB situation. He would bench Anderson and start Quinn until Quinn made a mistake....and then he would bench Quinn for Anderson. Rinse and repeat.

Could he have played better when he had his shot? Fuck yes.

Go look at all of the teams that he's played on. This team surrounds him with the talent that he's never really had.

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Oh...and FWIW.....if Quinn gets the start and tears it up. I'm fully on board with drafting a QB next year to sit behind him for the 1st year and then open competition after that.

Deberg_1990
09-04-2012, 10:54 AM
It's been talked about before....but his shot in Cleveland was ****ed. He got drafted as the QBoTF. Anderson went out and earned a new contract.....so they weren't going to bench Anderson over Quinn. Quinn finally got his shot....and got injured. Crennel got fired and Mangini came in and completely ****ed up that QB situation. He would bench Anderson and start Quinn until Quinn made a mistake....and then he would bench Quinn for Anderson. Rinse and repeat.

Could he have played better when he had his shot? **** yes.

Go look at all of the teams that he's played on. This team surrounds him with the talent that he's never really had.

I dont disagree with any of that, but he had his chances to beat out Derick ROFL Anderson and couldnt do it.

He might get his shot again someday and do well, but at this point in time, its pointless to continue whining about him starting over Cassel.

I have no expectations about Quinn. None. The realist in me thinks hes not any better than Cassel overall though. Just because a guy has a stronger arm doesnt make him better.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-04-2012, 10:56 AM

This is what I am talking about. Bad fucking post. Why the fuck even write something like this? He's done getting shots. His only chance is if Cassel gets hurt. Even if that happens, he will have a very short leash.

Brady Quinn sucks. Especially when you consider that QBs get extra time to develop. Then when you consider that first round draft picks get even more time to develop it must eventually cross your mind that Quinn sucks ass. He might be able to manage a game or two for us but that is realistically it.

I admired the way he played the other night but he is a short term back up QB. That's all he is. He had his chances and failed.

Setsuna
09-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Despite all the agreements and disagreements....can we ALL agree that if he does get his chance here, this will determine whether or not he can make it as a starting QB the rest of his career?

saphojunkie
09-04-2012, 10:58 AM
It's been talked about before....but his shot in Cleveland was ****ed. He got drafted as the QBoTF. Anderson went out and earned a new contract.....so they weren't going to bench Anderson over Quinn. Quinn finally got his shot....and got injured. Crennel got fired and Mangini came in and completely ****ed up that QB situation. He would bench Anderson and start Quinn until Quinn made a mistake....and then he would bench Quinn for Anderson. Rinse and repeat.

Could he have played better when he had his shot? **** yes.

People should read this. Slowly. Then re-read it.

Whether or not Quinn is any good remains to be seen. The only thing that is certain is Quinn has never had a legitimate chance in the NFL. 11 starts in your first two years on the worst franchise in football doesn't tell you much.

My guess is, however, we're still looking at drafting a QB next year. And I'm guessing it's in the 2nd round.

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Despite all the agreements and disagreements....can we ALL agree that if he does get his chance here, this will determine whether or not he can make it as a starting QB the rest of his career?

I can fully agree with that.

Deberg_1990
09-04-2012, 10:59 AM
can we ALL agree that if he does get his chance here, this will determine whether or not he can make it as a starting QB the rest of his career?

There are guys around here that still believe Thigpen can be a starter. What do you think?

saphojunkie
09-04-2012, 11:00 AM
I dont disagree with any of that, but he had his chances to beat out Derick ROFL Anderson and couldnt do it.

He might get his shot again someday and do well, but at this point in time, its pointless to continue whining about him starting over Cassel.

I have no expectations about Quinn. None. The realist in me thinks hes not any better than Cassel overall though. Just because a guy has a stronger arm doesnt make him better.

I disagree. If both have their limitations - decision making, accuracy, pocket awareness - then I will take the guy who has one less limitation - arm strength.

At least Quinn can get it to the receivers 35 yards downfield when they're open. Whether or not the throw is accurate, I don't know. But he can get it there, which is more than I can say for Cassel.

saphojunkie
09-04-2012, 11:01 AM
I can fully agree with that.

Yep. Last chance.

Chiefnj2
09-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Quinn is a guy who has been unable to beat out Derek Anderson, Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow and Matt Cassel. It took three weeks of preseason to beat out Ricky Stanzi.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-04-2012, 11:09 AM
People should read this. Slowly. Then re-read it.

Whether or not Quinn is any good remains to be seen. The only thing that is certain is Quinn has never had a legitimate chance in the NFL. 11 starts in your first two years on the worst franchise in football doesn't tell you much.

My guess is, however, we're still looking at drafting a QB next year. And I'm guessing it's in the 2nd round.

You gotta look at what we can't see. What about Mike Holmgren's point of view? He's seen more good QBs come and go than almost anyone. He shipped him out of town for virtually nothing. You don't do that with franchise QBs. He picked up Seneca Wallace and Colt McCoy because Brady Quinn sucked. Also, don't forget about 102 year old Jake Delhomme. He wanted him over Quinn too.

Then think about how the Broncos cut Orton and started Tebow last year. Orton almost took us to the playoffs and Quinn rode the pine. John Fox looked at Brady Quinn and said to himself, "we got no shot with this kid."

I guess what I am trying to say is that Brady Quinn sucks worse than all of those guys above. People that know QBs and more than one coach have said "no way" to Quinn. He's out of chances. He's not here for a chance.

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 11:13 AM
You gotta look at what we can't see. What about Mike Holmgren's point of view? He's seen more good QBs come and go than almost anyone. He shipped him out of town for virtually nothing. You don't do that with franchise QBs. He picked up Seneca Wallace and Colt McCoy because Brady Quinn sucked. Also, don't forget about 102 year old Jake Delhomme. He wanted him over Quinn too.

Then think about how the Broncos cut Orton and started Tebow last year. Orton almost took us to the playoffs and Quinn rode the pine. John Fox looked at Brady Quinn and said to himself, "we got no shot with this kid."

I guess what I am trying to say is that Brady Quinn sucks worse than all of those guys above. People that know QBs and more than one coach have said "no way" to Quinn. He's out of chances. He's not here for a chance.

John Fox looked at Quinn and said they have no shot with him? That's why they were designing packages for Quinn going into the playoffs last year because they knew Tebow couldn't pass if they needed him to.

And Holmgren....who knows QBs....went with Wallace and McCoy? That says a lot about Holmgren. You know....the same guy that just drafted a 29 year old rookie QB in the 1st round. Yep....QB guru.

Reerun_KC
09-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Since the day you arrived, you've spent an inordinate amount of time laughing at other people rather than adding opinions of your own.

You know this to be true. :)

I call Bullshit. I spent most of my time discrediting everyone that bought into Herm... Especially when he was going to "fix the defense" and "not touch the offense" So many people licked up Herm only to choke on the taste.

Football discussion is few and far between on here anymore. Mostly threads about the 3 QB's and who can be the coolest by bashing one of them the most.

You and I had alot of debates on football before you took your sabatical.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-04-2012, 11:26 AM
John Fox looked at Quinn and said they have no shot with him? That's why they were designing packages for Quinn going into the playoffs last year because they knew Tebow couldn't pass if they needed him to.

And Holmgren....who knows QBs....went with Wallace and McCoy? That says a lot about Holmgren. You know....the same guy that just drafted a 29 year old rookie QB in the 1st round. Yep....QB guru.

Stupid fucking post....again.....

Brady Quinn couldn't run Tebow's offense. It's pretty fucking obvious. Running QBs are likely to get hurt. Quinn had to be prepared. The Patriot's defense was terrible. Why didn't he put Quinn in there and let him sling it around? THE SCORE WAS 35-7 PATRIOTS AT HALF TIME.

As for Holmgren, don't forget about Jake Delhomme. He aquired him and Mangini started him. I agree about Weedan and I think he'll suck. However, Holmgren's job was on the line and he had to do something desperate.

Stupid fucking post man.

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Stupid fucking post....again.....

Brady Quinn couldn't run Tebow's offense. It's pretty fucking obvious. Running QBs are likely to get hurt. Quinn had to be prepared. The Patriot's defense was terrible. Why didn't he put Quinn in there and let him sling it around? THE SCORE WAS 35-7 PATRIOTS AT HALF TIME.

As for Holmgren, don't forget about Jake Delhomme. He aquired him and Mangini started him. I agree about Weedan and I think he'll suck. However, Holmgren's job was on the line and he had to do something desperate.

Stupid fucking post man.

The pass plays were for the Wild Card game against the Steelers. After Tebow won that game.....there was no way Fox was pulling Tebow.

If there's always fire where there's smoke, then Denver Broncos fans should expect to see Brady Quinn on the field Sunday vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers. Fox's Jay Glazer is the latest to report that the Broncos have packages for Quinn on third down passing situations.

With Quinn never having thrown a pass in a regular season game for the Denver Broncos, head coach John Fox will be opening himself up to a lot of second guessing if this experiment goes haywire. But on the other hand, the Broncos offense has looked recently like it could use a spark in the passing game.

You're going to go with Delhomme as proof that Holmgren is a QB guru? JFC.

beach tribe
09-04-2012, 11:29 AM
I call Bullshit. I spent most of my time discrediting everyone that bought into Herm... Especially when he was going to "fix the defense" and "not touch the offense" So many people licked up Herm only to choke on the taste.

Football discussion is few and far between on here anymore. Mostly threads about the 3 QB's and who can be the coolest by bashing one of them the most.

You and I had alot of debates on football before you took your sabatical.

Dude, for herm's entire tenure you made the a variation of the same post about 5000 times too many. People are doing it with Cassel now. I don't understand why people even waste their time posting the same shit over, and over, when everyone already knows. We get it.
You actually haven't been as bad these days. Probably because Her

qabbaan
09-04-2012, 11:38 AM
I just hope I get credit for first broaching the question of whether Quinn should start over Cassel when he is. :D

Reerun_KC
09-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Dude, for herm's entire tenure you made the a variation of the same post about 5000 times too many. People are doing it with Cassel now. I don't understand why people even waste their time posting the same shit over, and over, when everyone already knows. We get it.
You actually haven't been as bad these days. Probably because Her

Her? Who is the mystery lady?

htismaqe
09-04-2012, 11:51 AM

Goddamn Tapatalk! LMAO

Reerun_KC
09-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Goddamn Tapatalk! LMAO

Dont let my wife read this!!!!!! :huh:

Deberg_1990
09-04-2012, 11:57 AM
I look forward to the 50 threads each Sunday everytime Cassel misses a throw.

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 11:58 AM
I look forward to the 50 threads each Sunday everytime Cassel misses a throw.

Well....you won't have to worry about me starting one.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-04-2012, 12:12 PM
The pass plays were for the Wild Card game against the Steelers. After Tebow won that game.....there was no way Fox was pulling Tebow.

You're going to go with Delhomme as proof that Holmgren is a QB guru? JFC.

So it was just for the Steelers? You are saying that Quinn was going to run that flex offense if Tebow got hurt? :LOL:

Just like the Chiefs, Holmgren couldn't find a QB. The point is that all of those guys were better options than Quinn and he knew it. There were no QBs worth a shit so he found a couple with experience who could manage games.

Holmgren worked as a QB coach in San Francisco with Montana, Young, and Bono. In Green Bay, he developed Favre, Brunell, Detmer, and Hasselbeck.

He knows how to develop QBs. When he pulled the curtain on Quinn, he did it for a reason. I don't know if he knows how to find talent, but he definately knows how to develop it. He knew Wallace was beter than Quinn.

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 12:18 PM
So it was just for the Steelers? You are saying that Quinn was going to run that flex offense if Tebow got hurt? :LOL:

Just like the Chiefs, Holmgren couldn't find a QB. The point is that all of those guys were better options than Quinn and he knew it. There were no QBs worth a shit so he found a couple with experience who could manage games.

Holmgren worked as a QB coach in San Francisco with Montana, Young, and Bono. In Green Bay, he developed Favre, Brunell, Detmer, and Hasselbeck.

He knows how to develop QBs. When he pulled the curtain on Quinn, he did it for a reason. I don't know if he knows how to find talent, but he definately knows how to develop it. He knew Wallace was beter than Quinn.

Did you read the article that I quoted? He wasn't going to run the flex offense. He was going to come in on obvious 3rd down passing situations. Tebow kept the game close....so they didn't need to bring him in.

I know who the fuck Holmgren worked with. I was just questioning why the fuck you brought up Delhomme as your QB instead of any of the QBs you just mentioned now. And honestly....since Hasselbeck....he hasn't developed shit at QB.

Frosty
09-04-2012, 12:34 PM

Since Derek Anderson played for my alma mater, I watched a lot of the Browns back when he was with them. The plan Quinn's rookie year was to bring him along slowly behind Charlie Frye. Frye sucked so bad during the opening game of that year (2007) that they pulled him and DA came in and played fairly well.

The following week, the Browns traded Frye to Seattle (while Holmgren was coach there, BlackBob - nice QB guru there) and DA started the following game and threw for 328 yards and five touchdowns. It was his job the rest of the way. He threw for 29 tds and almost 4000 yards and the Brown finished 10-6. DA made the Pro Bowl the Cassel way (1st alternate).

After his excellent season, the Browns gave him a big contract, so there was no way he was going to be beat out by Quinn the next year. Unfortunately, DA (and a lot of the rest of the team) fell off a cliff that year. DA was pulled partway through the season, Quinn was put in and was promptly hurt and lost for the season. DA came back in and also was injured and lost for the season. Crennel got fired after the season.

The next year, Mangini came on board and spent most of the season playing QB hokey pokey, constantly pulling one QB for the other. They also had lost a lot of their offensive talent by then and neither QB had many weapons.

I'm not a Quinn fan but I don't see anyone that saw that cluster**** with the Browns and would objectively think that Quinn ever had the shot to develop that most first round QBs get normally.

beach tribe
09-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Herm. Had to post it real quick. My Boss was walking by.

Reerun_KC
09-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Herm. Had to post it real quick. My Boss was walking by.

Bastard, got me all excited for nothing...

whoman69
09-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Quinn brings a few things to the table that Cassel doesn't have, a strong arm for one. I don't think that we've seen enough of him to really know what he brings to the table here in KC. There are glimpses in his work that lead one to understand why he has not thrown a pass in three years in a regular game. He is not a very accurate QB for one.

I am not buying into the resurrecting a career to make them a starter in KC path again. If Pioli is trying to put the perfect team around KC, he is never going to get there. It will never be enough for Cassel. No team in today's NFL can be without flaw with a cap.

If Cassel fails, Quinn might be a future starting QB for the Chiefs. He is not the QBotF.

CoMoChief
09-04-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm a Quinn supporter but with CoMo's track record just made it happen.

Just another stupid example how people around here will take ANYONE over Matt Cassel, regardless if that QB has no business starting in the NFL (Quinn, Stanzi, Tanney, Palko, Croyle, Thigpen).

Orton is the only one that was somewhat worth a shit, and he's a clown in his own right. He's no worse or better than Cassel really, but he doesn't cost as much as Cassel. He didn't want to be here anyways, he'd rather backup Romo in Dallas.

The fact that people are pimping Quinn....or some are even saying that Tanney is some giant secret we're keeping from the rest of the league...like he's going to be the next Tom Brady.

This shit has become comedy gold. ROFL

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Quinn brings a few things to the table that Cassel doesn't have, a strong arm for one. I don't think that we've seen enough of him to really know what he brings to the table here in KC. There are glimpses in his work that lead one to understand why he has not thrown a pass in three years in a regular game. He is not a very accurate QB for one.

I am not buying into the resurrecting a career to make them a starter in KC path again. If Pioli is trying to put the perfect team around KC, he is never going to get there. It will never be enough for Cassel. No team in today's NFL can be without flaw with a cap.

If Cassel fails, Quinn might be a future starting QB for the Chiefs. He is not the QBotF.

Like I said.....I'm not expecting Quinn to be the QBoTF. I think he can hold the position down for at least another year....so long as we draft a QB next year. He'd be a cheaper option as well.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-04-2012, 02:02 PM
. And honestly....since Hasselbeck....he hasn't developed shit at QB.

Maybe that's because he's not coaching dumbass. GM's don't develop players. Go back and read my post. He had no faith in Quinn so he signed Delhomme. An old ass QB who could run an offense. He was desperate.

Like I said.....I'm not expecting Quinn to be the QBoTF. I think he can hold the position down for at least another year....so long as we draft a QB next year. He'd be a cheaper option as well.

What position? #2 QB?

It's going to be funny when Cassel has a good year. Some of you will still hate him but it will be funny when we keep passing on QBs next year in the draft.

He's going to have a good year.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Just another stupid example how people around here will take ANYONE over Matt Cassel, regardless if that QB has no business starting in the NFL (Quinn, Stanzi, Tanney, Palko, Croyle, Thigpen).

Orton is the only one that was somewhat worth a shit, and he's a clown in his own right. He's no worse or better than Cassel really, but he doesn't cost as much as Cassel. He didn't want to be here anyways, he'd rather backup Romo in Dallas.

The fact that people are pimping Quinn....or some are even saying that Tanney is some giant secret we're keeping from the rest of the league...like he's going to be the next Tom Brady.

This shit has become comedy gold. ROFL

GREAT POST!!! :thumb:

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Maybe that's because he's not coaching dumbass. GM's don't develop players. Go back and read my post. He had no faith in Quinn so he signed Delhomme. An old ass QB who could run an offense. He was desperate.

What position? #2 QB?

It's going to be funny when Cassel has a good year. Some of you will still hate him but it will be funny when we keep passing on QBs next year in the draft.

So let me ask you this......stat wise.....what is a good year for Cassel?

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-04-2012, 02:09 PM
So let me ask you this......stat wise.....what is a good year for Cassel?

10 wins and a playoff win. That's all I care about. It's not fantasy football. Wins are all that matters.

If he doesn't do it, then he needs to gt the fuck out. This is the best hand he's been dealt. Good o-line, good RBs, good receivers and TEs. Most of all the playbook has been taylored to his skill set to make him comfortable and he can change the plays. No more excuses. There will be nothing left to doubt after this year. Even if he gets hurt on the first play and misses the season. This is it for Cassel.

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 02:13 PM
10 wins and a playoff win. That's all I care about. It's not fantasy football. Wins are all that matters.

If he doesn't do it, then he needs to gt the fuck out. This is the best hand he's been dealt. Good o-line, good RBs, good receivers and TEs. Most of all the playbook has been taylored to his skill set to make him comfortable and he can change the plays. No more excuses. There will be nothing left to doubt after this year. Even if he gets hurt on the first play and misses the season. This is it for Cassel.

So say for instance.....this team wins 10 games and then throws in a playoff win....but this team wins IN SPITE of Cassel.....you'd be happy with him coming back?

Say......he has 20 TDs and 22 INTs but this defense some how finds a way to win 10 games in spite of him....you'd still keep him?

O.city
09-04-2012, 02:40 PM
It doesn't really matter what cassel does this year. Can you win a Super Bowl with the guy at qb?

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-04-2012, 02:47 PM
So say for instance.....this team wins 10 games and then throws in a playoff win....but this team wins IN SPITE of Cassel.....you'd be happy with him coming back?

Say......he has 20 TDs and 22 INTs but this defense some how finds a way to win 10 games in spite of him....you'd still keep him?

Yep, I probably would. We haven't won a playoff game in a long time. However, I don't think there is any way he throws 20 TDs and 22 Ints and wins a playoff game. It's highly unlikely. But, if it did go this way, I would want to bring in competition. I wouldn't want to kick him to the curb but I would bring in someone to compete.

You have to be careful. Baltimore brought in a QB with better mechanics after they won the Superbowl. They let Dilfer go for Grbac. It was a mistake.

Winning in the playoffs is hard. If you have a QB who wins in the playoffs, you keep him around.

It doesn't really matter what cassel does this year. Can you win a Super Bowl with the guy at qb?

I felt that way about Haley as HC. Cassel would have to really get better at being clutch for me to say he could win a Superbowl. Pioli believes he can. I know that much... We haven't had a shot at a realistic option. Maybe we could have drafted Dalton but we just came off a 10 win season. I don't think we will keep him as the starter without competition if he wins 10 games and doesn't win a playoff game.

O.city
09-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Can we put the "he won in the playoffs" shit to bed as a way to judge a qb. Tim tebow and
Mark Sanchez won playoff games. Use your eyes

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Can we put the "he won in the playoffs" shit to bed as a way to judge a qb. Tim tebow and

Until we win a playoff game, no, I cannot. That's the goal every year until we do it. Don't even say the word Superbowl.

Discuss Thrower
09-04-2012, 02:54 PM

Well, if say Cassel threw .9 of those 20 TDs per win and 1.4 of those picks per loss then he'd grade out perfectly.

ChiefsCountry
09-04-2012, 02:56 PM

Both of them actually made plays to win playoff games.

Pestilence
09-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Until we win a playoff game, no, I cannot. That's the goal every year until we do it. Don't even say the word Superbowl.

Hey dipshit.....Superbowl is ALWAYS the fucking goal. ALWAYS.

CoMoChief
09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
This thread has people in it, pimping out Brady ****ing Quinn.

ROFL the way this franchise has handled the QB position over the years has completely stupified it's own fanbase.

Chiefnj2
09-04-2012, 03:13 PM
This thread has people in it, pimping out Brady ****ing Quinn.

ROFL the way this franchise has handed the QB position over the years has completely stupified it's own fanbase.

If KC plays its cards right next year Quinn can compete with Clausen and Carr to be KC's QB.

crazycoffey
09-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Im in the "Quinn is the best chiefs QB right now" camp.

CoMoChief
09-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Im in the "Quinn is the best chiefs QB right now" camp.

Based off of what?

crazycoffey
09-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Based off of what?

My eyes. /not wanting to be viewed as "PIMPING" Brady....

jd1020
09-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Quinn misses an easy touchdown on a 5 yard slant by throwing the ball 10 feet behind Baldwin and throws an end zone interception. Now he's the savior of the Chiefs.

CoMoChief
09-04-2012, 03:33 PM
My eyes. /not wanting to be viewed as "PIMPING" Brady....

So tell me....what did you "see" that led you to come to this hilarious conclusion?

CoMoChief
09-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Quinn misses an easy touchdown on a 5 yard slant by throwing the ball 10 feet behind Baldwin and throws an end zone interception. Now he's the savior of the Chiefs.

First of all it wasn't Baldwin IIRC. Not that it matters, but I think it may have been Newsome. I can't remember, all I know that it wasn't Baldwin or any of the main starters.

Secondly....the WR stopped in his route. Ball was still somewhat poorly thrown...but not entirely his fault.

Either way he's nowhere close to being the savior for KC or should he even be starting NFL reg season games.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Sadly, Cassel is the best QB on the roster at the moment. Didn't see anything to see otherwise in the preseason and I hoped I would.

jd1020
09-04-2012, 03:45 PM
First of all it wasn't Baldwin IIRC. Not that it matters, but I think it may have been Newsome. I can't remember, all I know that it wasn't Baldwin or any of the main starters.

Secondly....the WR stopped in his route. Ball was still somewhat poorly thrown...but not entirely his fault.

Either way he's nowhere close to being the savior for KC or should he even be starting NFL reg season games.

"2-7-GB 8 (3:05) (Shotgun) 9-B.Quinn pass incomplete short left to 89-J.Baldwin."

The interception is both on the receiver and the QB. Horrible effort by the WR and horrible throw by Quinn.

durtyrute
09-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Quinn and Stanzi both have higher ceilings than Cassel.

jd1020
09-04-2012, 03:52 PM

Doesn't matter when they are currently on floors 10 stories below Cassel.

Bewbies
09-04-2012, 03:59 PM

It's probably more of a chair rail than a ceiling.

Jayrodt
09-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Cassel probably has the worst pocket presence in the league, so Quinn would be an upgrade in that regard. Quinn also has the pedigree of being a first round QB, while Cassel has never looked the part.

But from what we've seen, Cassel is our guy. I always liked Quinn when he wasn't playing for the Broncos, so if he unseats Cassel by playing out of his mind in relief I would be all for it. But form what we've seen from both of them this preseason I couldn't make a legitimate case for Quinn having very good odds.

whoman69
09-04-2012, 06:40 PM

Quinn doesn't have a ceiling.

Brady Quinn's career stats extrapolated to a full season:

245-470 52.1 % 2536 yards, 13TD, 12INT, 5.4 YPA

Those numbers are more Tebow-like than Cassel-like

Setsuna
09-04-2012, 08:15 PM

What position? #2 QB?

You better hope not or you will never see a playoff win in your lifetime.

Setsuna
09-04-2012, 08:17 PM

Tebow's ceiling is higher than any QB currently on your roster. OWNED. :)

Frankie
09-04-2012, 10:24 PM

After that he totally went to shit too. Mr. Poise! :shake: At least Stanzi has a reputation of not letting his mistakes bother him.

So the sky is his ceiling according to your post. :D

OK, I'm joshing with you. I understand what you meant, so.... THIS!

NJChiefsFan
09-04-2012, 10:58 PM
The truth is that none of these guys should be starting QBs, and hopefully next year the argument is on who WILL replace them, and not if someone will.

Coogs
09-05-2012, 05:52 AM

It was Baldwin. And I addressed the Int (both of them if you go back and look). But just for you, if Harris blocks a little better, it is a TD waiting to happen as Manari is breaking wide open right in Quinn's progression of reads, but Harris's blown block changes things. Still a bad pass that shouldn't have been made.

And I didn't say he "IS" the QBotF. I said he "MAY BE". This team doesn't need a Dan Mariino. It just needs someone better than a 135 rushing yards we win, less than 135 rushing yards we lose QB that is now in place.

Don't see why some around here get so upset for folks who want more than this. :shrug:

Coogs
09-05-2012, 05:56 AM
And before someone comes out and calls me a Quinn homer.......I'm not saying that if Quinn was starting....that he would be out competing with Brady, Brees or Rodgers. He's not that type of QB. But he is better than Cassel....and he won't go out there and just complete checkdown passes to McCluster all fucking game.

This!

Guru
09-05-2012, 06:26 AM
I thought this thread would have died by now.

DBOSHO
09-05-2012, 06:43 AM
It was Baldwin. And I addressed the Int (both of them if you go back and look). But just for you, if Harris blocks a little better, it is a TD waiting to happen as Manari is breaking wide open right in Quinn's progression of reads, but Harris's blown block changes things. Still a bad pass that shouldn't have been made.

And I didn't say he "IS" the QBotF. I said he "MAY BE". This team doesn't need a Dan Mariino. It just needs someone better than a 135 rushing yards we win, less than 135 rushing yards we lose QB that is now in place.

Don't see why some around here get so upset for folks who want more than this. :shrug:

If youre talking about quinns int in the endzone, it wasnt badwin. It was 84, which i believe was newsome.

Chiefnj2
09-05-2012, 07:13 AM
I thought this thread would have died by now.

This thread has lasted longer than Quinn's career as a starter.

CoMoChief
09-05-2012, 07:17 AM
If youre talking about quinns int in the endzone, it wasnt badwin. It was 84, which i believe was newsome.

That's who I thought it was too.

I deleted the game from DVR, otherwise I'd go back and check. But I was almost sure it was Newsome.

Someone copied the game play by play from ESPN or something....I still don't believe it. I saw Newsome as well...and while it was a poorly thrown ball...the WR made matters much worse by stopping in his route, allowing the DB to step in front of the pass.