PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Johnson, Toribio and Lewis sit out Chiefs practice with injuries

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tribal Warfare
09-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Johnson, Toribio and Lewis sit out Chiefs practice with injuries (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/03/3794566/johnson-toribio-and-lewis-sit.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
The Chiefs began their practice week Monday without four defensive starters, including their two Pro Bowl linebackers. They’re preparing to play against the Atlanta Falcons, who were seventh in the NFL in scoring last season, that could present a problem.

The situation could improve some by the time the Chiefs and Falcons open their seasons against one another on Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium. But even early in the week, things were far from ideal.

“You’d like to have all your guys all the time,” coach Romeo Crennel said. “But in this business you don’t have all of them all the time and so you have to depend on other guys to step up and do their part when they’re called on.”

Linebacker Derrick Johnson, nose tackle Anthony Toribio and free safety Kendrick Lewis didn’t go through team portions of practice. Johnson and Toribio have injured ankle, Lewis an injured shoulder.

Johnson, injured in the final preseason game against the Packers, appeared the most likely of the group to be ready for Sunday’s game.

“As long as I make progress every day, that’s the plan,” Johnson said when asked whether he would play against the Falcons. “I am a fast healer. Let’s hope that this week I can be even faster.”

The Chiefs’ other Pro Bowl linebacker, Tamha Hali, will not play against Atlanta. He is serving his one-game suspension for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy.

Cornerback Brandon Flowers, who didn’t play in the preseason and hadn’t practiced for more than a month, was back to work Monday. But Flowers, who has what the Chiefs have called as bruised heel, said he didn’t know if he would play Sunday and suggested the decision might come down to day of the game.

“If I’m out there on Sunday, then that means I’m ready to go,” he said “We’ll know game day.”

For one day, at least, the Chiefs patched together a lineup that included backups in four spots. Cory Greenwood and Brandon Siler took turns at Johnson’s position. Rookie Dontari Poe is starting for Toribio and veteran Abe Elam for Lewis.

Andy Studebaker, Edgar Jones and Cameron Sheffield have been rotating in Hali’s spot.

“Particularly (in Hali’s spot), that’s what has to happen,” Crennel said. “We’ll have to rotate guys in there and we will during the course of the week and I expect all of them to step and to be able to produce. Now, are they going to produce the way Tamba is able to produce? Only time will tell that.”

All coaches have jitters the opening week of the season given the uncertainty of what lies ahead. Even before the injuries, suspension and resulting lineup changes, this would have been an anxious week for Crennel.

The Chiefs are one of the NFL’s youngest teams. They have five players who are 30 and they are the oldest. Heading into their ninth NFL seasons, guard Ryan Lilja and special teams player Terrance Copper have the most NFL experience.

“If you have a veteran team (with players) who have proven themselves and that you feel good about, I think you can be less anxious,” Crennel said. “I think everybody gets anxious when the season starts. But if you’ve got a veteran team and you’re solid all across the board, then I think you can be less anxious because you know what you have.

“(The Chiefs) have some young players who have to play and we all know that young players make mistakes. You don’t know how many mistakes they’re going to make or what a mistake might cost you during the course of the game. Some guys, when there are 70,000 or 80,000 in the stands and they know that it counts, they react differently. We’re going to have to see how all of that plays out.”

Adding to the mystery about how well the Chiefs will play on Sunday is their uneven preseason. The Chiefs went 1-3 with the starters playing well in the first and fourth games but not so in the middle two, when the defense was particularly disappointing.

Crennel said he takes comfort in the fact the Chiefs have gotten it done, even if not consistently.

“In the first preseason game, the way they executed in that game and then the last game, they showed they could execute at a good level,” he said. “So I think they gave us enough to feel good about going into the regular season.

“One of the things I wanted to do was to be able to say we could be solid and sound coming out of the last (preseason) game. I think from our play versus their first guys, we were solid and sound coming out of that game.”

Atlanta was also 1-3 in the exhibition season, losing to Baltimore, Cincinnati and Jacksonville while beating Miami. The Falcons made the playoffs in each of the past two seasons, though they lost their playoff game each time.

“This is a good Atlanta team coming in,” Crennel said. “They have some skill on all sides of the ball, really. So we’re going to have to play our best to win.”

BossChief
09-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Way to mail it in, Adam.

Par for the course.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Flowers said you'd have to talk to the trainers. The players aren't allowed to go into specifics about their injuries. We will know more based on if they practice throughout the week.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Watch the video from the lockerroom.

Flowers is gonna play.

Black Bob
09-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Flowers misses time every year and we are prepared for it. Also, he would struggle against White if he was 100%. We would miss him in the run defense but Berry is back

The difference between Lewis and Elam isn't much. Elam tackles better.

Siler is a better tackler than DJ. He will help in stopping Micheal Turner. The problem is that we won't have a LBer capable of even trying to cover Gonzalez. I think we run the nickel most of the day. Look for the 3-3-5 with Daniels, Elam and Berry all playing safety.

RealSNR
09-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Someone tell me again why Poe is starting over Powe, when he has yet to demonstrate he has adequate knowledge of the gaps on 1st and 2nd down.

NJChiefsFan
09-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Flowers misses time every year and we are prepared for it. Also, he would struggle against White if he was 100%. We would miss him in the run defense but Berry is back

Siler is a better tackler than DJ. He will help in stopping Micheal Turner. The problem is that we won't have a LBer capable of even trying to cover Gonzalez. I think we run the nickel most of the day. Look for the 3-3-5 with Daniels, Elam and Berry all playing safety.

How are we prepared for it? White won't even be the biggest threat at wr for Atlanta. He as said as much himself. I don't hate Elam as a backup but people under-value Lewis.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Someone tell me again why Poe is starting over Powe, when he has yet to demonstrate he has adequate knowledge of the gaps on 1st and 2nd down.

Politics.

IMO Powe should have been the starter all offseason.

Black Bob
09-03-2012, 08:19 PM
How are we prepared for it? White won't even be the biggest threat at wr for Atlanta. He as said as much himself. I don't hate Elam as a backup but people under-value Lewis.

We are built to run the ball. We control the clock and we win the game. Jones is their best WR and Routt will have some problems. However, Ryan's timing with White is what's scary. It's comparable to Manning and Harrison. White gets the ball on third down alot. Harry Douglas is no slouch either and Arenas will have his hands full. We just gotta run the ball, stop the run, and get good pressure. Ryan will probably get 300 yards but completely stopping him is not how we'll win. We just need long slow drives.

Chiefs=Champions
09-03-2012, 08:19 PM

http://s5.tinypic.com/oh0ty.jpg

Black Bob
09-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Politics.

IMO Powe should have been the starter all offseason.

There is a misunderstanding about Powe. I love the guy and I want him to be great. The truth is that he has hardly played any snaps with the starters. He probably had five snaps with the one's in preseason. He was very disruptive on two of those snaps but, again, he hardly played. I hope he's in the rotation but, Poe has shown more. It's got nothing to do with politics. Poe was at the bottom of the list a couple of weeks ago. There was even a article in the Star about him being at the bottom. It really started clicking over the past couple of weeks with him.

BossChief
09-03-2012, 08:24 PM
There is a misunderstanding about Powe. I love the guy and I want him to be great. The truth is that he has hardly played any snaps with the starters. He probably had five snaps with the one's in preseason. He was very disruptive on two of those snaps but, again, he hardly played. I hope he's in the rotation but, Poe has shown more. It's got nothing to do with politics. Poe was at the bottom of the list a couple of weeks ago. There was even a article in the Star about him being at the bottom. It really started clicking over the past couple of weeks with him.

:shake:

poe looks like a guy that can be an effective guy aas a nickel rusher, but hasnt got a clue about maintaining his own gap to help solidify the run defense.

Powe does.

RealSNR
09-03-2012, 08:28 PM

poe looks like a guy that can be an effective guy aas a nickel rusher, but hasnt got a clue about maintaining his own gap to help solidify the run defense.

Powe does.

Pretty much this.

I don't think Poe ever was our NT of the future. He'd slide over there on 3rd down but that's about it. We need a Powe or a Toribio on 1st and 2nd down. Once Poe really learns gap discipline, he'll be best used at 5 tech.

BoneKrusher
09-03-2012, 08:28 PM
man o man.

Black Bob
09-03-2012, 08:33 PM

Powe does.

Powe is third string under a coach who probably know more about NTs than anyone else in the league. From what I saw, Poe was fine in run defense. Seattle could only run with their QB and he played most of the first half. Note that Toriibido went out after the first series. Green Bay ran 16 times for 33 yards in the entire game and Poe played the first half. He started that game.

I'm sorry but I think you are wrong. Hopefully Powe can keep moving up the chart and I do see him getting better but, Poe is doing a good job.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-03-2012, 08:34 PM
I hope Poe owns in this game. I really hope he doesn't embarrass himself. I think it could go either way with how raw he still is.

Black Bob
09-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Pretty much this.

I don't think Poe ever was our NT of the future. He'd slide over there on 3rd down but that's about it. We need a Powe or a Toribio on 1st and 2nd down. Once Poe really learns gap discipline, he'll be best used at 5 tech.

Then why are they playing him at NT 90% of the time? I think you are way off.

CoMoChief
09-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Did BlackBob really say that Siler is a better tackler than DJ?

ROFL jfc the season needs to start already.

We have people believing Tanney is on IR because we're hiding him because one day he's going to be our QBOTF.

We have people believing Brady Quinn is the best QB on the roster.

There are even people on here that think Jalil Brown is going to cause problems for Jones/White because of his physicality at the LOS.

I mean where do people come up with this shit?

BossChief
09-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Then why are they playing him at NT 90% of the time? I think you are way off.

Because the fans would be UBER PISSED if Pioli came out and told the truth.

That they are gonna let Dorsey walk after this season.

O.city
09-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Whats gonna really piss people of is that when they do let Dorsey walk, he goes to a 43 team and becomes the guy everyone thought he would be coming out of LSU.

Saccopoo
09-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Powe is third string under a coach who probably know more about NTs than anyone else in the league. From what I saw, Poe was fine in run defense. Seattle could only run with their QB and he played most of the first half. Note that Toriibido went out after the first series. Green Bay ran 16 times for 33 yards in the entire game and Poe played the first half. He started that game.

I'm sorry but I think you are wrong. Hopefully Powe can keep moving up the chart and I do see him getting better but, Poe is doing a good job.

They are not wrong.

Powe was very effective in controlling the gaps and taking on the double. Poe was constantly getting stood up and directed in one on one situations. He did penetrate effectively, but when he did it was almost as a design by the offensive line as the running back, more often than not, went right into that gap leaving Poe in the backfield.

This is a mistake and a Cassel level situation where they are simply playing the guy who has the big contract and is the high pick. This is one problem with the coaching staff or management. They play the guy who got paid, versus play the guy who deserves it.

I like Poe and his work ethic has shown up as very good. He progressed well during the preseason, but he's no way shape or form ready to start at the nose against NFL centers and guards all game long. They may want him to start based on his high draft status, but it's been Powe who's been the true nose tackle on this team during this off season. Poe's shown the capability of being that third and long NT or spot usage as the five tech, but not at the nose. Bad decision from what I've seen so far this preseason.

Besides, in the Green Bay game, Jackson and Dorsey were absolutely stuffing the shit out of that line. They both looked really good, though it was a vanilla plan Green Bay ran up to that point.

Saccopoo
09-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Whats gonna really piss people of is that when they do let Dorsey walk, he goes to a 43 team and becomes the guy everyone thought he would be coming out of LSU.

It's gonna happen. I'm pretty sure Dorsey wants this to happen. I'll be surprised if he doesn't test the open market and end up with a 43 team. He's helped himself in run support these past three plus seasons and should be a terror on the inside in a 43.

O.city
09-03-2012, 08:57 PM
We started doing it last year late, but I would love for us to throw some packages where we throw Dorsey and Poe/Powe down inside and Houston and Hali with a hand in the dirt.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2012, 10:31 PM
If Dontari Poe starts against Atlanta our run defense will get fucking killed.

Romeo's gonna look stupid if he puts that kid out there for 45 snaps in his first game. He's not ready.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2012, 10:35 PM

Go back and look at Seattle's first drive of the third quarter in preseason week 3.

We got fucking killed on the ground.

Dontari Poe got his ass massacred on two snaps in that drive. Literally pushed five yards off the ball on both snaps.

He sucks ass as a 1st and 2nd down run stopping NT right now.

TEX
09-03-2012, 10:36 PM
The Atlanta game is gonna be ugly...:facepalm:

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2012, 10:37 PM
The Atlanta game is gonna be ugly...:facepalm:

http://media.tampax.com/App_Themes/themeTampax/images/en-US/products/buy_regular_unscented_large.png

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Go back and look at Seattle's first drive of the third quarter in preseason week 3.

We got fucking killed on the ground.

Dontari Poe got his ass massacred on two snaps in that drive. Literally pushed five yards off the ball on both snaps.

So, preseason matters when its poor play, and doesn't when its good?

Whatever supports your agenda, I suppose.

xztop12
09-03-2012, 10:44 PM

Flowers is one of the best man coverage corners in the NFL. One reason we ditched Carr was because Carr was weak in man and we had to play a lot of zones. With Rout we can let Flowers play man... Height isn't that important until you're past the 50

However, i do agree with your logic that even second stringers have different skillsets and are better at some things than their starters.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2012, 10:52 PM

I gave Dontari Poe credit for flashing some nice pass rush skills in game two.

The dude showed precious little as a real NT, though.

That's fair.

We basically had one preseason game where the team showed anything, so please realize that I credit the Chiefs fully for looking good against the Arizona Cardinals.

This team was dogshit against the Rams and Seahawks.

Dog. Shit.

New World Order
09-03-2012, 10:57 PM

That's fair.

We basically had one preseason game where the team showed anything, so please realize that I credit the Chiefs fully for looking good against the Arizona Cardinals.

This team was dogshit against the Rams and Seahawks.Dog. Shit.

Exactly. There is a common misconception among Chiefs fans (specifically blind Pioli supporters) according to them the Cardinals game was just a small showing of what the Chiefs are capable of, but the Rams and Seahawk games are blown off as "Only Preseason."

Saccopoo
09-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Flowers is one of the best man coverage corners in the NFL. One reason we ditched Carr was because Carr was weak in man and we had to play a lot of zones. With Rout we can let Flowers play man... Height isn't that important until you're past the 50

However, i do agree with your logic that even second stringers have different skillsets and are better at some things than their starters.

Good post and spot on about Flowers and Carr. Routt is a decent man coverage guy and I've got hope about Brown. He's not a #1 CB, but he's got the same skillset as Carr when he came into the league. The potential is there.

RealSNR
09-03-2012, 11:02 PM

Clay's perceived biases don't change the fact that Dontari Poe will suck complete ass against the run.

He's not ready.

mcaj22
09-03-2012, 11:04 PM

This is wrong. Carr is better in man. Rob Ryan plays man defense. You have it backwards.

mcaj22
09-03-2012, 11:05 PM
and Brandon Siler is a better tackler than ****ing Derrick Johnson our best all around Pro Bowl veteran to our defense?

If that isnt true denial homerism I dont know what is. holy shit whatever people need to grasp on to have a glimmer of false hope but come on, that might be worse than saying Demorrio Williams is a better tackler than DJ.

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Clay's perceived biases don't change the fact that Dontari Poe will suck complete ass against the run.

He's not ready.

You can see into the future, too?

Wow.

I know DTs take a few yrs to fully develop, but I'll at least wait until the season to begin before saying he'll 'completely suck'.

RealSNR
09-03-2012, 11:12 PM

Wow.

I know DTs take a few yrs to fully develop, but I'll at least wait until the season to begin before saying he'll 'completely suck'.If Romeo believes Poe deserves to be the primary 1st and 2nd down NT instead of Powe, he's kowtowing to contract and NOT playing the best guy for the job. I thought that's what the Patriot Way was all about, but it's apparent that it's just as fickle and full of shit as the other NFL team-building "philosophies" out there.

There are of course, two other options:

1. Romeo is stupid

2. Poe has been playing better against the run at the 0 in the super ultra top secret practices that are closed to the media, and chooses to let Powe look more experienced and consistent in preseason games and training camp. In private conversations with Romeo, he has assured the coach that the awesome Poe in the super secret practices will be the one we all see during the regular season, or at least until Toribio is healthy again.

RealSNR
09-03-2012, 11:13 PM

Wow.

I know DTs take a few yrs to fully develop, but I'll at least wait until the season to begin before saying he'll 'completely suck'.

He's not the best guy for the job. You disagree?

Hammock Parties
09-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Based on everything we've seen to date, he will suck as a true NT.

It's nothing but pure, blind homerism to say otherwise.

Saccopoo
09-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Exactly. There is a common misconception among Chiefs fans (specifically blind Pioli supporters) according to them the Cardinals game was just a small showing of what the Chiefs are capable of, but the Rams and Seahawk games are blown off as "Only Preseason."

Hey C.E., it must be nice having your mom follow up all your posts.

saphojunkie
09-03-2012, 11:20 PM

Is outright trolling actually banable?

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2012, 11:23 PM

Powe is certainly better for it this season.

Which I was happy to see.

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Based on everything we've seen to date, he will suck as a true NT.

It's nothing but pure, blind homerism to say otherwise.

Will?

So he'll always suck at NT?

Or just the near future?

xztop12
09-03-2012, 11:27 PM
man o man.

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2012, 11:27 PM

Obviously not.

Clay and Knowmo have several thousand posts that prove otherwise.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Hey C.E., it must be nice having your mom follow up all your posts.

LMAO

I do appreciate my new ally.

I'm planning a nice thank you thread for the "accused mults" who did such great work in my absence.

It was enjoyable reading.

NJChiefsFan
09-04-2012, 01:20 AM

That's fair.

This team was dogshit against the Rams and Seahawks.

Dog. Shit.

I think he was referring to when in response to a post on preseason that hurt your argument you said "fuck preseason" and then when it helped you referenced preseason in your argument. Like when you said stats were for fools but then post stats upon stats when it helps you. Its really the poor way you argue in both over-exaggerating to make points and your clear contradictions that kill your points more so than your actual takes. Even though they themselves can be overly dramatic.

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 04:25 AM
Siler is a better tackler than DJ.

jesus

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2012, 06:16 AM
jesus is a better tackler than Dj

;)

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Did BlackBob really say that Siler is a better tackler than DJ?
ROFL

DJ has never been a good tackler. He was never even scouted as a good tackler at Texas. He takes bad angles. He's gotten better but Siler is a better tackler. He's just not good in coverage and he's not a playmaker.

Because the fans would be UBER PISSED if Pioli came out and told the truth.

That they are gonna let Dorsey walk after this season.

We aren't starting Powe because Dorsey is going to leave after this season? Is that what you are saying? So Pioli and Crennel aren't worried about winning? It's a political decision? Listen to yourself man. Is Kolb starting in Arizona? It's about winning. Poe played DE most of the time at Memphis. All they have been doing since he got here is playing him at NT. He's here to play NT. Crennel and Pioli have said it. I don't know what in the hell you are talking about? He might play DE on some packages but his main position will be NT.

They are not wrong.
Powe was very effective in controlling the gaps and taking on the double. Poe was constantly getting stood up and directed in one on one situations. He did penetrate effectively, but when he did it was almost as a design by the offensive line as the running back, more often than not, went right into that gap leaving Poe in the backfield.

Again, Powe hardly played with the starters. It is highly unlikely that he will move ahead of Poe. At this point, Poe has more experience. If you check out Romeo's press conference last week (Monday?), you will find that Romeo was trying to get Poe one on one some of the time.

We got ****ing killed on the ground.

I don't care what he did in the 3rd quarter. He looked good with the ones.

You have this completely backwards. Flowers is one of the best zone corners in the NFL. Carr is one of the best cover corners. Flowers has never been a cover corner. I'm not sure how people miss this. Just watch Carr tomorrow night against Cruz and Nicks and tell me he's not a cover corner. He should have been playing LCB all the time in KC imo.

This is wrong. Carr is better in man. Rob Ryan plays man defense. You have it backwards.

Exactly. Thank you.

It's not trolling. It's the truth.

I don't know how any of you idiots can say Powe is the better choice when he has hardly played with the ones. In two years he has hardly played with the ones. I want him to work out and I like what I see but let's be realistic. How can you even compare the two?

jesus

How long has DJ been a Chief? Do you guys watch him? He misses tackles like every game....

You guys are some serious homers. Probably the worst I have ever seen. Can't admit DJ is a sucky tackler or Carr is a better cover corner? Acting like Poe is our biggest weakness? You need to think about things and understand this isn't Madden.

MIAdragon
09-04-2012, 07:45 AM
You guys are some serious homers. Probably the worst I have ever seen. Can't admit DJ is a sucky tackler or Carr is a better cover corner? Acting like Poe is our biggest weakness? You need to think about things and understand this isn't Madden.

You must be new here.

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 07:49 AM
How long has DJ been a Chief? Do you guys watch him? He misses tackles like every game....

you're the most hilarious homer on this board...the shit you say

and siler is not a better tackler than DJ...he's not a better anything than the probowler who set a franchise record for tackles with 179 (even though most stats only credit him with a measly 131)

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Don't believe Jamaal Charles isn't as quick as Dexter McCluster? You're a homer.

Don't believe DJ is an iffy tackler? You're a homer.

Don't have Down's Syndrome? You're a homer

/BlackBoob

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 07:54 AM
remember, Charles can't juke anyone...

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 07:55 AM
and cassel is going to have a break out season...

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 07:56 AM
you're the most hilarious homer on this board...the shit you say

and siler is not a better tackler than DJ...he's not a better anything than the probowler who set a franchise record for tackles with 179 (even though most stats only credit him with a measly 131)

That's just stupid. So what if he lead the team in tacklers? Roddy White had 100 catches last year and a ton of drops. Gonzalez catches the ball better. Does that mean Gonzo is better than White? Hell no it doesn't. Ever notice how DJ doesn't play special teams and guys like Berry do? it's because of the ****ing tackling.

The inability to see the weaknesses in your team's players is the #1 sign of homerism imo. I picked us to win and I think we'll be good. However, in my short time here the homerism is far and away the highest I have ever seen amoung Chiefs fans. It's like everything is Cassel's fault and the rest of the team is fantastic and their shit doesn't stink.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Don't believe Jamaal Charles isn't as quick as Dexter McCluster? You're a homer.

Don't believe DJ is an iffy tackler? You're a homer.

Don't have Down's Syndrome? You're a homer

/BlackBoob

McCluster is quicker. Even Berry said it the day after I did.

I absolutely believe DJ is an iffy tackler. He always has been. It's why Pioli tried to trade him when he got here. DJ has improved and become more of a playmaker but, he still misses tackles every week.

You are just pissed because someone is calling out the bullshit you say.

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 07:59 AM
BlackBob attempts to look cool and smart by taking obtuse stances on things everybody else can agree about. Examples: Derrick Johnson IS, in fact, a better tackler than Brandon Siler; Jamaal Charles possesses more elite quickness to outjuke defenders than Dexter McCluster.

At first people laugh at him, then yell at him, then they get pissed off. Then the debate is REALLY hashed out, and in about a dozen posts or so it's proven that Jamaal Charles has sex with Dex's mother every night, and that 1+1=2. Then BlackBob slinks away until he comes out of the shadows again to say something unbelievably idiotic.

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 08:02 AM
That's just stupid. So what if he lead the team in tacklers? Roddy White had 100 catches last year and a ton of drops. Gonzalez catches the ball better. Does that mean Gonzo is better than White? Hell no it doesn't. Ever notice how DJ doesn't play special teams and guys like Berry do? it's because of the ****ing tackling.

The inability to see the weaknesses in your team's players is the #1 sign of homerism imo. I picked us to win and I think we'll be good. However, in my short time here the homerism is far and away the highest I have ever seen amoung Chiefs fans. It's like everything is Cassel's fault and the rest of the team is fantastic and their shit doesn't stink.

is this a joke?

all we do here is trash players...and dumb homers like you

and siler is a god damn nobody...stop it

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 08:03 AM
McCluster is quicker. Even Berry said it the day after I did.

You still fucking believe that shit LMAO LMAO LMAO

GoChiefs posted about 84 gifs that say otherwise, and now you're cavalierly carrying that poop pile again because Eric Berry blew smoke up a team mate's ass?

Also, Eric Berry didn't say Dexter McCluster was quicker than Jamaal Charles. He said Dexter McCluster was the most difficult receiver for him to cover. Which is a fucking lie as well, but go ahead and believe that shit as long as it rings true in your Candy Land imagination.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 08:06 AM
BlackBob attempts to look cool and smart by taking obtuse stances on things everybody else can agree about. Examples: Derrick Johnson IS, in fact, a better tackler than Brandon Siler; Jamaal Charles possesses more elite quickness to outjuke defenders than Dexter McCluster.

At first people laugh at him, then yell at him, then they get pissed off. Then the debate is REALLY hashed out, and in about a dozen posts or so it's proven that Jamaal Charles has sex with Dex's mother every night, and that 1+1=2. Then BlackBob slinks away until he comes out of the shadows again to say something unbelievably idiotic.

Wow SNR, you sure got me pegged. You got nothing and you take from madden and bring it to the boards. I'm not the only one who sees it. I won't back down from the bullying bullshit.

You are dickhead and you deserve to be called out.

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 08:11 AM
The inability to see the weaknesses in your team's players is the #1 sign of homerism imo. I picked us to win and I think we'll be good. However, in my short time here the homerism is far and away the highest I have ever seen amoung Chiefs fans. It's like everything is Cassel's fault and the rest of the team is fantastic and their shit doesn't stink.If we don't replace DJ because "he's a shitty tackler", the Chiefs can absolutely win a Super Bowl

If we don't replace Cassel because he sucks at everything QBs are supposed to do, the Chiefs will never win a Super Bowl.

Only a complete and fucking utter moron like yourself would try to claim that we need to replace our best players on the team because they could be better, but that we need to keep our shitty QB because not everything is his fault.

Not everything is Eli Manning's fault, either. But guess what happens if he never takes responsibility for those little things? The Giants never get close to the Super Bowl. Alex Smith wasn't at fault for the NFC Championship game. Big fucking whoop, who cares? His team still lost the fucking game, and it wasn't because Navarro Bowman wasn't as good of a tackler as his back up counterpart who plays special teams and gets injured every time a crack whore sniffs his butthole.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 08:14 AM
is this a joke?

all we do here is trash players...and dumb homers like you

and siler is a god damn nobody...stop it

I'll be sure and point it out to you when DJ misses a tackle this week. However, I'm sure you are going to say it's because of the injury right?

You still ****ing believe that shit

GoChiefs posted about 84 gifs that say otherwise, and now you're cavalierly carrying that poop pile again because Eric Berry blew smoke up a team mate's ass?

Also, Eric Berry didn't say Dexter McCluster was quicker than Jamaal Charles. He said Dexter McCluster was the most difficult receiver for him to cover. Which is a ****ing lie as well, but go ahead and believe that shit as long as it rings true in your Candy Land imagination.

This is just pathetic right here. Speculating that Berry is trying to make McCluster feel better? LMAO Charles is the one coming off an injury. Not McCluster. You think Berry is just a bullshitter huh? Is that why he said he thought Stevie Johnson cheap shotted him when asked about it? I have followed him for a long time and he is not a bullshitter. If you are going to speculate, do better than that.

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Wow SNR, you sure got me pegged. You got nothing and you take from madden and bring it to the boards. I'm not the only one who sees it. I won't back down from the bullying bullshit.

"You got nothing". Can you fucking read?

I would say that's the dumbest shit I've ever read on this board, but then again I'm talking to the guy who says at least a dozen dumbshit things before he even has breakfast.

It makes sense I guess. The same guy who believes Jamaal Charles isn't as elusively quick as Dexter McCluster also believes that Derrick Johnson isn't as good of a tackler as brokedick Brandon Siler, and also believes that I've brought nothing to the argument.

Go kill yourself.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 08:19 AM
If we don't replace DJ because "he's a shitty tackler", the Chiefs can absolutely win a Super Bowl

If we don't replace Cassel because he sucks at everything QBs are supposed to do, the Chiefs will never win a Super Bowl.

Only a complete and ****ing utter moron like yourself would try to claim that we need to replace our best players on the team because they could be better, but that we need to keep our shitty QB because not everything is his fault.

Not everything is Eli Manning's fault, either. But guess what happens if he never takes responsibility for those little things? The Giants never get close to the Super Bowl. Alex Smith wasn't at fault for the NFC Championship game. Big ****ing whoop, who cares? His team still lost the ****ing game, and it wasn't because Navarro Bowman wasn't as good of a tackler as his back up counterpart who plays special teams and gets injured every time a crack whore sniffs his butthole.

You're idiot and are putting words in mouth just like the rest of the dumb ****s in this thread that don't have an argument. I never wanted Siler to start over DJ. All I said was that we have good depth this year and it won't be that bad of a transition. In doing so, I stated that Siler was a better tackler than DJ.

To win the Superbowl, you must have good depth. It's one of the most important pieces to the puzzle. This entire conversation was started because I said we were competent in replacing Lewis, Toribio, and DJ. We are much better prepared than last year. In no way did I say that any of the back ups were better players.

Some of you guys were the delusional dubfucks who thought we should bench Cassel for Stanzi or Quinn. I got nothing to with that....

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 08:20 AM
I'll be sure and point it out to you when DJ misses a tackle this week. However, I'm sure you are going to say it's because of the injury right?You do realize that Siler missed a BUNCH of tackles in these preseason games, right? The fucking Rams and Seahawks pushed his shit in repeatedly.

This is just pathetic right here. Speculating that Berry is trying to make McCluster feel better? LMAO Charles is the one coming off an injury. Not McCluster. You think Berry is just a bullshitter huh? Is that why he said he thought Stevie Johnson cheap shotted him when asked about it? I have followed him for a long time and he is not a bullshitter. If you are going to speculate, do better than that.Players blow smoke up each other's asses all the fucking time.

And Berry never said he thought Steve Johnson cheapshotted him you fucking retard. There you go making shit up again. Do I really have to bring up the fact that you claim you saw Alex Tanney relieve Stanzi for a series in one of the preseason games? Then when I posted the game log that showed Tanney had never entered the game you didn't believe me?

So yeah, I don't believe Berry on this one. And you don't believe cold hard facts from fucking game logs. Who's the real idiot here? Hint: it's not me.

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 08:23 AM
You're idiot and are putting words in mouth just like the rest of the dumb ****s in this thread that don't have an argument. I never wanted Siler to start over DJ. All I said was that we have good depth this year and it won't be that bad of a transition. In doing so, I stated that Siler was a better tackler than DJ.

To win the Superbowl, you must have good depth. It's one of the most important pieces to the puzzle. This entire conversation was started because I said we were competent in replacing Lewis, Toribio, and DJ. We are much better prepared than last year. In no way did I say that any of the back ups were better players.

I never said you thought Siler should replace DJ. Though it wouldn't surprise me if you held that opinion.

You think DJ sucks at tackling and have given no evidence other than "He sucked at it in college." If I remember correctly Dex's college production was your main evidence for the Jamaal Charles opinion.

Derrick Johnson is not the best tackler in the NFL. That doesn't mean some slapdick like Siler is better at it than him.

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2012, 08:24 AM
I'll be sure and point it out to you when DJ misses a tackle this week. However, I'm sure you are going to say it's because of the injury right?
You're a moron.

DJ had 104 total tackles last season.

To put that into perspective, Ray Lewis' best yr was 120.

Ray Lewis is a 1st ballot HOF.

Again, you're a moron.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Siler looked fine to me.

Berry has talked about a possible bounty on him in that Buffalo game twice.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 08:27 AM
You're a moron.

DJ had 104 total tackles last season.

To put that into perspective, Ray Lewis' best yr was 120.

Ray Lewis is a 1st ballot HOF.

Again, you're a moron.

Go read what I wrote about Roddy White above. It's the same fucking thing.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 08:29 AM
I never said you thought Siler should replace DJ. Though it wouldn't surprise me if you held that opinion.

You think DJ sucks at tackling and have given no evidence other than "He sucked at it in college." If I remember correctly Dex's college production was your main evidence for the Jamaal Charles opinion.

Derrick Johnson is not the best tackler in the NFL. That doesn't mean some slapdick like Siler is better at it than him.

So what you are really saying is that DJ tackles at an 83 on Madden and Siler tackles at a 79 then right? LMAO

My main evidence in the McCluster vs. Charles quickness argument was my eyes. You'll see it this year. Daboll won't run him up the middle like Haley did. He will be good in space.

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Go read what I wrote about Roddy White above. It's the same fucking thing.

I'm not looking for shit.

You're a dumbass for saying a guy with 104 total tackles can't tackle as well as a back up.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm not looking for shit.

You're a dumbass for saying a guy with 104 total tackles can't tackle as well as a back up.

Think about what you are saying man.

notorious
09-04-2012, 08:47 AM
I always thought DJ used to miss a lot of tackles until Romeo came in.

He has been a LOT better since then.

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 08:49 AM
So what you are really saying is that DJ tackles at an 83 on Madden and Siler tackles at a 79 then right? LMAO

My main evidence in the McCluster vs. Charles quickness argument was my eyes. You'll see it this year. Daboll won't run him up the middle like Haley did. He will be good in space.
If this were Madden, DJ would be a high 80s tackler. He's not even close to the same player he was his rookie year. Which is adequate for this team thanks to his other elite attributes, and certainly good enough to be better at tackling than Brandon fucking Siler.

So I have a question for you.

Have you ever even fucking seen Jamaal Charles play the game of football?

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Think about what you are saying man.

I know, I'm saying you're an idiot.

This quote proves it:That's just stupid. So what if he lead the team in tacklers? Roddy White had 100 catches last year and a ton of drops. Gonzalez catches the ball better. Does that mean Gonzo is better than White? Hell no it doesn't. Ever notice how DJ doesn't play special teams and guys like Berry do? it's because of the ****ing tackling.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 09:01 AM
What a maroon

Chiefs=Champions
09-04-2012, 09:06 AM
black bob.

http://i.imgur.com/nC4c3.gif

Chiefnj2
09-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Blackbob is baiting people and will come out swinging PFF stats that show DJ is in the top 10 group of LB's in terms of total number of missed tackles over the last 3 years.

Dave Lane
09-04-2012, 09:41 AM
you're the most hilarious moran on this board...the shit you say

FYP

beach tribe
09-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Siler is a better tackler than DJ.

C'mon man.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Do these morons not realize that he misses more tackles because he gets to a lot more ball carriers than most guys will?

Bump
09-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Siler is a better tackler than DJ. .

there aren't many ILB's in the NFL that are better than DJ, let alone Brandon fucking Siler.

vailpass
09-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Sorry if repost:
Why was a starting ILB playing in the final preseason game?

beach tribe
09-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Sorry if repost:

Why was BJ Raji?

Romeo, said that the D needed reps, because they looked like shit the week before.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Sorry if repost:

Why were Aaron Rodgers or any of the mutiple star players in the league playing? Better to play them and have them prepared for the season. It's the NFL injuries happen.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 10:28 AM
tamba hali misses a lot of QB sacks

... he is a bad tackler

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Blackbob is baiting people and will come out swinging PFF stats that show DJ is in the top 10 group of LB's in terms of total number of missed tackles over the last 3 years.

I never went there. Others posted stats and I countered them.

It's pretty damn funny to me. All I said was the Siler was a better tackler than DJ and you guys cry like bitches.

Is it really outlandish to say that DJ misses alot of tackles?

beach tribe
09-04-2012, 10:48 AM

It's pretty damn funny to me. All I said was the Siler was a better tackler than DJ and you guys cry like bitches.

That's just kind of the tone of CP. DJ has improved his tackling 100 fold though. He used to miss a lot of tackles, but he been much more sound in his technique the last few years.

Chiefnj2
09-04-2012, 10:50 AM

1. DJ is better than Siler at everything on the field.
2. DJ just came off his best season ever so everyone's view of him is rosey.

htismaqe
09-04-2012, 10:56 AM

It's not outlandish at all. DJ does miss tackles. His biggest issue was always maintaining his lane and staying disciplined in the scheme. In that, he's improved leaps and bounds.

However, you didn't just say DJ misses tackles. You said Siler is a better tackler.

That's just downright laughable.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 11:00 AM
I see where you guys are coming from. I stated he has improved. He is not as good of a tackler as Siler. I will drop it now because it's not worth it.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 11:03 AM
He just came off an All Pro season, bitch about someone else.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 11:13 AM
He just came off an All Pro season, bitch about someone else.

I'm not the one bitching.

Sorter
09-04-2012, 11:51 AM
How in the fuck is BlackBob still here with comments like "Dex is quicker than Jamaal" and "Siler is a better tackler than DJ"?

Dave Lane
09-04-2012, 12:00 PM

Is BlackBob the return of KCJohnny? I'm just sayin'. They are equally obtuse on crazy topics.

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 12:09 PM
He is not as good of a tackler as Siler.

it's retarded

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 12:21 PM
How in the **** is BlackBob still here with comments like "Dex is quicker than Jamaal" and "Siler is a better tackler than DJ"?

Because it's fucking true. You guys are the biggest homers ever. Can't believe the way you cry about this guy or that guy should get banned. It's just more bitching and whining by the masses. Watch the fucking games people. Watch DJ miss tackles for God's sake. Heaven forbid a fan doesn't want to suck DJ or Charle's dick and sees things differently.

If DJ hadn't started making more plays, he would have been shipped out of town. He got better. Just like Bowe did. However, they were once both on the trade block. They both make plays but Bowe still drops the ball and DJ still misses tackles. The playmaking is what makes them worth something.

I want DJ to start over Siler 100% of the time. I wanted Lewis to start over McGraw 100% of the time. However, Siler and McGraw are better tacklers imo. Understand? There are many different aspects to every player.

Chiefnj2
09-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Football from BlackBob's viewpoint:

Wallace Gilberry, better first step than Derrick Thomas.

Larry Johnson, much more patient runner than Priest Holmes.

Dale Carter, not physical enough.

Jake O'Connell, better hands than Tony Gonzalez.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 12:40 PM
DJ missed 10 tackles last year. One every 104 snaps.

3 more than Ray Lewis.

For comparison, Brandon Siler has missed five tackles in his last 708 snaps. One every 141 snaps.

This is a pretty stupid discussion. Especially since you don't know what Siler's missed tackles would look like if he was a 3-down player. He'd probably get juked out of his jock in space.

Titty Meat
09-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Dude threw out troll chum and everyone's biting.

Three7s
09-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Because it's ****ing true. You guys are the biggest homers ever. Can't believe the way you cry about this guy or that guy should get banned. It's just more bitching and whining by the masses. Watch the ****ing games people. Watch DJ miss tackles for God's sake. Heaven forbid a fan doesn't want to suck DJ or Charle's dick and sees things differently.

If DJ hadn't started making more plays, he would have been shipped out of town. He got better. Just like Bowe did. However, they were once both on the trade block. They both make plays but Bowe still drops the ball and DJ still misses tackles. The playmaking is what makes them worth something.

I want DJ to start over Siler 100% of the time. I wanted Lewis to start over McGraw 100% of the time. However, Siler and McGraw are better tacklers imo. Understand? There are many different aspects to every player.
I think I know what you're saying. You're saying Siler is a "better tackler", but DJ is the better player because he's more athletic? Honestly, you should've realized that making a statement like that would've gotten you in the hornet's nest. You call all of us homers, but you're the one predicting the Chiefs are 5-0 to start the season. Yeah....homers.

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 12:54 PM
so, DJ is just better at running around and not making tackles....while some jag off, broke dick bench warmer is the real deal Awesome Tackler...

genious...

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 12:56 PM
and Bob Ross is a better painter than Picasso...

Just Passin' By
09-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Because it's ****ing true. You guys are the biggest homers ever...

This board could be called a lot of things, and not all of them flattering, depending upon the perspective of the evaluator. I think pretty much everyone here would agree with that. However, if there's one thing this place definitely is not, it would be a homer board.

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Because it's fucking true. You guys are the biggest homers ever. Can't believe the way you cry about this guy or that guy should get banned. It's just more bitching and whining by the masses. Watch the fucking games people. Watch DJ miss tackles for God's sake. Heaven forbid a fan doesn't want to suck DJ or Charle's dick and sees things differently.

Post your comparisons of Jamaal Charles to Dexter McCluster and Derrick Johnson to Brandon Siler on ANY Chiefs message board. On the internet. Post it a league-wide message board. E-mail a "guru" like Peter King about it. Fucking ask Romeo Crennel.

They'll all tell you you're a fucking idiot.

So apparently you're the only non-homer in the entire world.

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 01:48 PM
and Bob Ross is a better painter than Picasso...

Bob Ross has happier brushstrokes than Picasso.

I DIDN'T SAY HE WAS BETTER I JUST SAID HE WAS BETTER AT HAPPY BRUSHSTROKES

YOU'RE A HOMER

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Post your comparisons of Jamaal Charles to Dexter McCluster and Derrick Johnson to Brandon Siler on ANY Chiefs message board. On the internet. Post it a league-wide message board. E-mail a "guru" like Peter King about it. ****ing ask Romeo Crennel.

They'll all tell you you're a ****ing idiot.

So apparently you're the only non-homer in the entire world.

I bet Romeo wouldn't. You are wrong on that one.

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 01:50 PM
I see where you guys are coming from. I stated he has improved. He is not as good of a tackler as Siler. I will drop it now because it's not worth it.

How do I do it?

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 01:51 PM
This board could be called a lot of things, and not all of them flattering, depending upon the perspective of the evaluator. I think pretty much everyone here would agree with that. However, if there's one thing this place definitely is not, it would be a homer board.

I like it here. However, if you look around at other Chiefs boards, they aren't as homerish. I think you guys are kidding yourselves. Especially in this argument. Every Chief's fan knows DJ isn't a great tackler. It is very odd that he is so staunchly defended here about this phase of his game.

It's kind of like every single drop of blame and hate goes to Cassel. People are almost blind to everything else.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 01:52 PM
How do I do it?

You are a very agile man you sick fucker.

I don't slink anywhere. I'm just not here every minute of the day.

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Donte Stallworth is better at accidentally killing people with his car than Dwayne Bowe.

The Franchise
09-04-2012, 01:57 PM
I like it here. However, if you look around at other Chiefs boards, they aren't as homerish. I think you guys are kidding yourselves. Especially in this argument. Every Chief's fan knows DJ isn't a great tackler. It is very odd that he is so staunchly defended here about this phase of his game.

It's kind of like every single drop of blame and hate goes to Cassel. People are almost blind to everything else.

ROFL

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 02:00 PM

It's kind of like every single drop of blame and hate goes to Cassel. People are almost blind to everything else.So the other boards are less homerish because they like Matt Cassel and believe that in order for the team to take the next step they have to find better players all around the team.

If we're homers, then they're retards.

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 02:05 PM

you have this neat trick of saying something really fucking stupid and then changing the argument once your ass is handed to you by a dozen different people...

setting aside the fact that DJ set the franchise record for tackles...the argument "DJ isn't a great tackler" is not why people are making fun of you (although it is a great reason to make fun of you)...

what you said was "Siler is a better tackler than DJ"....and that is a hilariously dumb thing to say...

and finally, you don't seem to know what 'homer' means...

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 02:16 PM
So the other boards are less homerish because they like Matt Cassel and believe that in order for the team to take the next step they have to find better players all around the team.

If we're homers, then they're retards.

They don't like Matt Cassel. Most are just smart enough to know that he's the only option. There hasn't been another option.

The Franchise
09-04-2012, 02:17 PM
They don't like Matt Cassel. Most are just smart enough to know that he's the only option. There hasn't been another option.

Just because he's the only option doesn't mean that we have to be ok with it. And don't give me that stupid "You aren't a fan if you don't support everyone on the team" bullshit. Fuck that.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 02:28 PM
you have this neat trick of saying something really ****ing stupid and then changing the argument once your ass is handed to you by a dozen different people...

setting aside the fact that DJ set the franchise record for tackles...the argument "DJ isn't a great tackler" is not why people are making fun of you (although it is a great reason to make fun of you)...

what you said was "Siler is a better tackler than DJ"....and that is a hilariously dumb thing to say...

and finally, you don't seem to know what 'homer' means...

First, i think most see my ass hasn't been handed to me. Listen to yourself. "Because DJ set a team record in tackles, he is a great tackler."

It's like I said, Roddy White had 100 catches but he also had 15 drops. He drops alot of balls. Gonzalez has better hands. However, that doesn't man Ryan isn't going to target him more. It's the same thing.

One season, Walt Harris had like ten interceptions. Was he the best CB in the league?

We could go on and on.

The last thing I will touch on that I haven't yet is that tackles are hands down the most overrated stat in football. If you don't know that, you truly don't know football.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Just because he's the only option doesn't mean that we have to be ok with it. And don't give me that stupid "You aren't a fan if you don't support everyone on the team" bullshit. **** that.

Do you have any idea what we are talking about here? There are several players on the roster I think are overrated and I have stated it.

I have talked about DJ, Flowers, Lewis and Powe today. LMAO You are preaching to the choir.

BoneKrusher
09-04-2012, 02:31 PM

and the sad thing is, Pioli dont want another option.

BWillie
09-04-2012, 02:32 PM
LOL....Chiefsplanet is one of the least homerish boards I've ever seen. You want to see homers? Go to a KU bball board. Ppl will Lynch you if you dont think a walk on 2 star will develop into an all american.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 02:32 PM

I hear you. I really wanted him to sign Jason Campbell or Orton.

BoneKrusher
09-04-2012, 02:34 PM
I hear you. I really wanted him to sign Jason Campbell or Orton.

Orton for sure. :thumb:
but Pioli knew Matt couldn't beat either in a QB competition.

Just Passin' By
09-04-2012, 02:34 PM

I don't know who you mean by "you guys", but I'm not a Chiefs fan, and I'm certainly not a Chiefs homer. I can tell you that, from my experience, this board's homer contingent is either very small or very quiet compared to most other boards.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't know who you mean by "you guys", but I'm not a Chiefs fan, and I'm certainly not a Chiefs homer. I can tell you that, from my experience, this board's homer contingent is either very small or very quiet compared to most other boards.

I think it's true that all Chief's fans are somewhat fickle. All I am saying is that the way these people defend DJ's tackling has to be one of the most homer threads I've ever seen.

I mean people won't say that Bowe doesn't drop the ball. They will say, "Bowe drops the ball BUT......" That's why this is different. It's denial I guess. DJ is a better player but, his weak spot is fundamental tackling. No one wants to hear it.

"You can take the boy out of the country but, you can't take the country out of the boy."

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2012, 03:03 PM
He isn't a bad tackler and Clay's PFF numbers pwn you on it. Sure, he might miss a few because he gets to plays that many won't, but that wouldn't fit whatever it is you are trying to prove.

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2012, 03:17 PM
I think it's true that all Chief's fans are somewhat fickle. All I am saying is that the way these people defend DJ's tackling has to be one of the most homer threads I've ever seen.

I mean people won't say that Bowe doesn't drop the ball. They will say, "Bowe drops the ball BUT......" That's why this is different. It's denial I guess. DJ is a better player but, his weak spot is fundamental tackling. No one wants to hear it.

"You can take the boy out of the country but, you can't take the country out of the boy."You retard.

We're homers, but you thinking the Chiefs starting 5-0 doesn't make you a homer?

Craw back into your daddys asshole, troll.

O.city
09-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Any idea on whether they practiced today?

jd1020
09-04-2012, 04:02 PM

That's why the Chiefs were close to getting penalized for tampering with Manning.

htismaqe
09-04-2012, 04:26 PM
That's why the Chiefs were close to getting penalized for tampering with Manning.

The tampering allegations started because of PUBLIC comments made by Romeo at the Senior Bowl.

It had nothing to do, either way, with whether or not the Chiefs were actually actively pursuing Manning.

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 04:33 PM

Youre a ****ing retard.....

You seriously gonna try and break down DJ's tackling technique? Lets see some game tape.

Dude had like 100 tackles last season.

Fool.

edit: guy has made some incredible tackles...goal line stands....gtfo

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 04:36 PM
of all the crap things to complain about on this team you pick DJ's tackling.

I mean come on, just pick an easy target like I do in bashing the two useless overrated gadget midgets we wasted 2nd rounders on or the QB, that we also wasted a 2nd rounder on.

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 04:36 PM
fuck you black knob

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mhh9WBqGm8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Youre a ****ing retard.....

You seriously gonna try and break down DJ's tackling technique? Lets see some game tape.

Dude had like 100 tackles last season.

Fool.

edit: guy has made some incredible tackles...goal line stands....gtfo

Yep. 104 total tackles.

You don't collect that many tackles by 'missing' too many, or having poor technique.

Blackbob is a fucking dumbass or a troll.

jd1020
The tampering allegations started because of PUBLIC comments made by Romeo at the Senior Bowl.

It had nothing to do, either way, with whether or not the Chiefs were actually actively pursuing Manning.

Except they did try to pursue him and Crennel simply slipped up in an interview.

So people can stop acting like the Chiefs are satisfied with the QB position.

The Franchise
Black Bob needs to take his ass back to the Coalition.

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 04:40 PM
fuck off black blow job

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dvdZdtaKCpo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe
09-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Except they did try to pursue him and Crennel simply slipped up in an interview.

There's absolutely no evidence to support that. Crennel didn't let anything "slip". He simply said that the Chiefs, or any team for that matter, would be stupid not to pursue Manning.

Look, I think the Chiefs DID try to get Manning, I agree with you there.

But the whole tampering thing was a misunderstanding and nothing more. You're reading way more into it than there actually is.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 04:43 PM
It's awesome when someone unites Pawnmower, the ultimate Cassel blowjob artist, and Pestilence, the ultimate hater, on an issue. LMAO

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 04:44 PM
wheres the guy that said Matt Cassel is better than Matt Ryan. I think it was in this thread

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 04:44 PM
It's awesome when someone unites Pawnmower, the ultimate Cassel blowjob artist, and Pestilence, the ultimate hater, on an issue. LMAO

LOL and I google a video for proof and it is clay's dj video that is #1

the end is near

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 04:45 PM
I wanna stroke clay at mega warp speed pace with no lube

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 04:46 PM
MY GOD I JUST WANT TO BEAT THE FALCONS

I JUST WANT SOME GOOD FOOTBALL

Lord, please do not let this season end on week 3 AGAIN

The Franchise
09-04-2012, 04:47 PM

All it takes is a fucking retard that has no clue what he's talking about...

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2012, 04:48 PM
fuck off black blow job

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dvdZdtaKCpo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>Multiple orgasms

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 04:49 PM
All it takes is a ****ing retard that has no clue what he's talking about...

I want to hug all of you, I mean this...I really like all of you guys and respect you all for being in the brotherhood of Chiefs Fans..united as family

EXCEPT THAT CUNT BLACK BOB

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2012, 04:52 PM
I want to hug all of you, I mean this...I really like all of you guys and respect you all for being in the brotherhood of Chiefs Fans..united as family

:LOL:

jd1020
09-04-2012, 04:53 PM
There's absolutely no evidence to support that. Crennel didn't let anything "slip". He simply said that the Chiefs, or any team for that matter, would be stupid not to pursue Manning.

Look, I think the Chiefs DID try to get Manning, I agree with you there.

But the whole tampering thing was a misunderstanding and nothing more. You're reading way more into it than there actually is.

I'm not reading too much into anything. The Chiefs were one of the first teams to talk to Manning after he was released. Why don't you google the words "Pioli" and "Manning" and gaze upon the countless links to words out of Pioli's mouth.

Saccopoo
09-04-2012, 04:55 PM
You are a very agile man you sick ****er.

I don't slink anywhere. I'm just not here every minute of the day.

A thousand posts in a month says otherwise.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Lord, please do not let this season end on week 3 AGAIN

now i lay me down to sleep

true fans are matt cassel's sheep

if cassel dies before i wake

pass game needs no play action fake

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 05:03 PM

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/56164_o.gif

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 05:07 PM

"You can take the boy out of the country but, you can't take the country out of the boy."
"DJ could stand to continually improve his tackling" is a fair statement.

You said:

"Brandon Siler is a better tackler than Derrick Johnson"

That's not being rational and anti-homer. That's being retarded. Brandon Siler is in fact NOT better than Derrick Johnson at tackling.

You also seem to have a hard on for every single Romeo decision. His decision to not give Powe more serious reps, for example, means that Powe is not the right guy to start against the Falcons at NT. So how do you explain Romeo's decision to start Belcher over Siler? Is Belcher a better tackler than both Siler AND Johnson?

ChiefRocka
09-04-2012, 05:08 PM
:popcorn:

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Pawnmower, Clay, Pestilence, Talking Can, and I are like a troupe of super heroes defending Chiefs Planet from evil cunts like Black Boob.

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 05:11 PM
now i lay me down to sleep

true fans are matt cassel's sheep

if cassel dies before i wake

pass game needs no play action fake

Yay though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death by passing game

I shall fear no backup Secondary Scrub Player: for Berry is with me

The Routt and Brown comfort me

Thou preparest a defensive backfield before me in the prescense of mine enemies

Thou annointeth me with pass defenses andballs batted down; my cup runneth over

surely victory and solid defensive play in man to man coverage shall follow me in all the days of this season

and I shall dwell in the house of Derron Cherry, forever.

The Franchise
09-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Look everyone! Black Bob made another stupid comment..........

......and now he's disappeared again.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 05:12 PM
LMAO Pretty funny...

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Look everyone! Black Bob made another stupid comment..........

......and now he's disappeared again.

I don't disappear anywhere. I drove home, showered, and ate fuck face. Try harder you fucking little bitch. I ain't leaving. You are literally the biggest whiner here. You are pathetic. Just be funnier please or don't post.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Pawnmower, Clay, Pestilence, Talking Can, and I are like a troupe of super heroes defending Chiefs Planet from evil ****s like Black Boob.

You're a troupe of DJ ball sucking homers is what you are Stanzi pants.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 05:17 PM
250+ tackles in 2 seasons (32 games) and he is worse at tackling than a guy who is basically our 3rd LBer and doesn't even have 250 CAREER tackles on his resume

it is truly laughable.

BRANDON SILER YOU ARE GREAT AT TACKLING

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/antonio.gif

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/2ngqzbn.gif

i know these gifs were to make fun of Cromartie but Brandon Siler is just as ****ing useless at whiffing and being no where near to even make an attempt at a tackle. Just washed right out of the plays. Even if DJ misses a tackle, at least he has enough talent to be around the play/ball.

The Franchise
09-04-2012, 05:18 PM
I don't disappear anywhere. I drove home, showered, and ate fuck face. Try harder you fucking little bitch. I ain't leaving. You are literally the biggest whiner here. You are pathetic. Just be funnier please or don't post.

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/lol%2Byou%2Bmad%2Bbro%2Bit%2Bisn%2Bt%2Bonly%2Bapplicable%2Bto%2Bfeels%2B_17235159d11a48b31b301752ce5 2fb23.jpg

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 05:20 PM
http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/lol%2Byou%2Bmad%2Bbro%2Bit%2Bisn%2Bt%2Bonly%2Bapplicable%2Bto%2Bfeels%2B_17235159d11a48b31b301752ce5 2fb23.jpg

It's not funny. You can't even get your pic right. You suck ass.

-King-
09-04-2012, 05:20 PM
So...who missed practice today?
Posted via Mobile Device

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 05:21 PM
250+ tackles in 2 seasons (32 games) and he is worse at tackling than a guy who is basically our 3rd LBer and doesn't even have 250 CAREER tackles on his resume

it is truly laughable.

BRANDON SILER YOU ARE GREAT AT TACKLING

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/antonio.gif

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/2ngqzbn.gif

i know these gifs were to make fun of Cromartie but Brandon Siler is just as ****ing useless at whiffing and being no where near to even make an attempt at a tackle. Just washed right out of the plays. Even if DJ misses a tackle, at least he has enough talent to be around the play/ball.

If I could post video, I would but I don't have enough posts yet.

RealSNR

We sucks DJ's dick. You suck Dexter McCluster's and Brandon Siler's dick.

I'll take DJ's dick, thank you very much.

The Franchise
It's not funny. You can't even get your pic right. You suck ass.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/102006/2066450-1260710343244.jpg

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 05:22 PM
If I could post video, I would but I don't have enough posts yet.

a video of what

Brandon Siler being terrible. Because that's what he is. A special teams role player, nothing more nothing less. He can step in a pinch but if you are relying on him for an entire season to stop the run it will be like the Dick Vermeil Chiefs defense all over again.

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 05:25 PM

Yes...were 'sucking' the balls of one of the most under rated players in the NFL...

Dude gets no props, hardly at all for how much of a bad ass he is....and then has to suffer idiots like you saying Siler is better than him at tackling...

What is your evidence? Let's see some game tape..I want to see the inner workings of your shit for brain mind break this down in detail....

Please, wise one, show us the flaws in DJ's tackling technique...

I'm sure you have a lot of experience being tackled at gay strip clubs for being too rowdy.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 05:26 PM
was this the video BlackBob?

Brandon Siler getting straight owned but I'll give you credit still makes the stop. Then the very next play gets absolutely blown the **** up as Ray Rice runs untouched. Yeah great tackling. It's not great tackling if the guy get's washed out of more ****ing plays than New Jersey beaches.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fh6ro9DZDmI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saccopoo
09-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Damn, two threads with pistol whipping going on...

RealSNR
09-04-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm sure you have a lot of experience being tackled at gay strip clubs for being too rowdy.

http://picardigan.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/royale.gif

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 05:33 PM
BlackBob is getting owned hard now. We just spread eagled him over a pinball machine and raped him like Jodie Foster in The Accused.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Pawnmower, Clay, Pestilence, Talking Can, and I are like a troupe of super heroes defending Chiefs Planet from evil cunts like Black Boob.

I STILL BELIEVE IN HEROES

http://9e3k.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/avengers009.gif

Brock
09-04-2012, 05:36 PM
LOL. Bob's anus is a size 12 right now.

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 05:37 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/xd8nfb.jpg

philfree
09-04-2012, 05:54 PM
So...who missed practice today?
Posted via Mobile Device

That's what I was wondering.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Oldies but goodies

DJ is having a great year, but there is no more meaningless stat in football than "number of tackles" Especially for a middle LB. Of course these guys rack up huge numbers of tackles.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=8174492&highlight=DJ+tackles#post8174492

tackles are a bullshit stat anyways.

A lot of the time, they numbers are totally made up.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=8092934&highlight=DJ+tackles#post8092934

What is it with some of you and tackle stats?

Bernard Pollard led this team in tackles one year.

Making 11 tackles 5-7 yards downfield means shit.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7771886&highlight=DJ+tackles#post7771886

Tackles are your barometer?

Get the **** out of here.

Keep reading the stat sheet and act like you have a freaking clue about the way he played last year. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7750900&highlight=DJ+tackles#post7750900

Why do fans say this?

Great players can produce on any defensive scheme. Johnson isn't, and never has been, a great player. I laughed at the bitches who said last year that this coaching staff was stupid because they had their "best linebacker" sitting on the bench. He's got million dollar ability and a 10 cent head. The guy just isn't football smart. I hope he does put it together but I don't expect it. After this many years if he doesn't "get it" he just doesn't get it. He's never going to be what he was hyped coming out of college. One of those cases where all of the negatives about a guy coming out were spot on. Runs around blocks, isn't a great tackler, free lances too much, etc.http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6775160

yep, but he also has the lack of focus and discipline to leave his assignment which results in giving up huge plays ... especially in the running game.

gets the big play and gives up the big play

that's why they pulled him from the starting lineup and put him in there on passing downs because it still gives DJ the chance to make the big play but keeps him from screwing up our run defense.

Hey, Mays and Williams may get blown up, but at least they get their bodies in the hole. DJ can't even find the hole to get blown up.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 05:58 PM
The Tackle

By Matt Shervington on June 23, 2011

The tackle is perhaps the most annoying statistic in football. Not because it isn’t useful but because it is so open to interpretation. For this reason, although the tackle is tracked by the NFL and its various teams, it is not considered an official statistic.

Despite the fact that the tackle isn’t official fans often cite the tackle as a premier method to interpret how good 4-3 linebackers or strong safeties are. If a player has a high tackle total he is usually regarded as a “sideline-to-sideline” player.

Unfortunately, despite the forthcoming rambling, the tackle is probably a good indicator of these player’s abilities. The primary issue, however, is that a tackle as a simple number attributes the same value to every single tackle a player makes. Attributing the same value to a tackle that prevents a first down on third and three to a tackle that comes after a 25-yard run isn’t very fair.

However, our friends at Football Outsiders have long concocted an excellent way to objectively view the tackle to determine which ones are “better” than others.

Football Outsiders have given us the metrics of “Stops”, “Defeats”, “Yards per Play” and “Stop Rate”

The “Stop” is defined as a play in which a defensive player prevents the offense from gaining 45 percent of needed yards on first down, 60 percent on second down and 100 percent of the needed yards on third and fourth down. While passes defensed, interceptions and forced fumbles are included in this metric the overall numbers still remain reminiscent of tackles.

The “Defeat” is defined as a play by a defender that prevents the offense from earning a first down on third or fourth down. Additionally a defeat can be defined as a play behind the line of scrimmage or a forced turnover.

The “Yards per Play” metric is defined as the average distance at which a defender makes a tackle, forced fumble, interception or stuff. Football Outsiders has even done the fans the convenience of separating yards per play against the run and yards per play against the pass as well as when the two are combined.

Finally, the “Stop Rate” metric delivers the percentage of tackles, stuffs, sacks, forced fumbles and interceptions that qualified as a stop out of their total plays.

Using the stop metric alongside the defeat metric is a good way to further elaborate on tackles. Together they can tell you how many of the player’s tackles weren’t simply “garbage” or “cleanup” tackles. This does not mean that all tackles that weren’t stops or defeats were meaningless but these metrics do give a better look into when and where tackles occurred when combined with the yards per play metric.

Who should be seen as the superior player?

A guy who had 100 tackles with an average yards per play of 3.5 with 66 stops and 20 defeats or a guy who had 130 tackles but an average yards per play of 6.0 with 62 stops and 8 defeats?

The tackle totals tell you that the latter player is superior but are his 30 extra tackles really worth the 2.5 extra yards he gives up per play?

Now obviously other factors must be placed into context such as the system that a guy plays in or where on the field the tackles were made despite distance. If you want to further do some research on a player and see if they are truly a “sideline-to-sideline” tackle you can also check out their player splits page on Sports Illustrated.

For all of the aforementioned metrics you can search Football Outsiders with the player’s name to find their respective player page.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/746631-the-five-most-overrated-statistics-and-better-ways-to-interpret-them#/articles/746631-the-five-most-overrated-statistics-and-better-ways-to-interpret-them/page/2

Saccopoo
09-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Black Bob isn't down for the count just yet.

Look at that sonsabitch throwing haymakers out of left field.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Black Bob isn't down for the count just yet.

Look at that sonsabitch throwing haymakers out of left field.

I haven't even started.:evil:

mcaj22
yea but none of us give a shit about going to some crappy Chargers forum to dig up posts from 2 years ago about how awful Siler is from their fan base since that is basically what BlackBoob did with DJ. Posts from fucking 2009 or prior. Yeah I guess so.

Maybe one of the Chargers fans that post on here can just sum it up for us

the Talking Can
The Tackle
penis penis penis penis penis penis

so how many tackles did Siler have last year to convince your dumb ass he's better than the Chiefs franchise record holder?

LMAO

The Franchise
09-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Really dipshit?

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/16226/derrick-johnson

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 06:07 PM
now it's over

call me the day Brandon Siler is 2nd in the NFL in stop rate. the year 2000never

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 06:07 PM
DJ missed 10 tackles last year. One every 104 snaps.

3 more than Ray Lewis.

For comparison, Brandon Siler has missed five tackles in his last 708 snaps. One every 141 snaps.

This is a pretty stupid discussion. Especially since you don't know what Siler's missed tackles would look like if he was a 3-down player. He'd probably get juked out of his jock in space.

Huh?

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2012, 06:08 PM
I wonder how many cocks I can fit in my ass at one time?

:)

KCUnited
LOL. Bob's anus is a size 12 right now.

Like a hotdog down the Large Hadron Collider.

SAUTO
Black bob has gotten smashed in every thread he posts in that he gives us his football insight.

Stick to your introduction thread...
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
Huh?

Yep. You're a useless retard.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Really dipshit?

Read the article on tackles dumbass

SAUTO
09-04-2012, 06:09 PM
And I think most of those quotes you dug up were from quite a while ago...
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo
09-04-2012, 06:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UDoW8.gif

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Huh?

It's math. Can you do math?

The Franchise
09-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Read the article on tackles dumbass

Hey dumbass.....you quoted a worthless website like Bleacher Report. I quoted a reliable website like PFF and Football Outsiders.

Go fuck yourself. You've been owned......again.

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 06:12 PM
It's math. Can you do math?

LOL LMAO

Brock
09-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Bleacher report......by dumb fans for dumb fans.

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Who wants to make a serious fucking bet?

If DJ plays this week, I will leave this board for a year if he doesn't miss a single tackle.

If he does miss a tackle, any takers will stay out of Chiefs Planet for a year.

Put your money where your mouths are pussies. Put up or shut up.

If I am so far off, let's go mother fuckers.

SAUTO
Black bob I am disappoint.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By
Black bob has gotten smashed in every thread he posts in that he gives us his football insight.

Stick to your introduction thread...
Posted via Mobile Device

He's not getting smashed in this thread.

Saccopoo
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/funny-dog-pictures-dog-pile.jpg

mcaj22
09-04-2012, 06:14 PM
you are asking if our best player who gets the most snaps on defense and the most chances around the ball is going to be 100 percent in tackles, while injured.

Not even Patrick Willis or Ray Lewis can ****ing do that. No LBer can do that.

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 06:15 PM
we're really having to convince someone that siler is just a scrub backup....when he is actually DJ's scrub backup?

SAUTO
09-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Who wants to make a serious fucking bet?

If DJ plays this week, I will leave this board for a year if he doesn't miss a single tackle.

If I am so far off, let's go mother fuckers. lol. Do you actually think someone is going to make that bet.
#1 he would be coming off an injury.
#2 everyone you are arguing with and thinks you are an idiot (which is everyone reading this) had been here a long time and is part of the community, would not be fair to send them off for a year over a bet with a guy here all of two minutes and has the absolute worst takes I have ever seen.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Who wants to make a serious ****ing bet?

If I am so far off, let's go mother ****ers.

LMAO

you've been trained so hard....maybe you should crawl back to WPI and put your panties back on...

Black Bob
you are asking if our best player who gets the most snaps on defense and the most chances around the ball is going to be 100 percent in tackles, while injured.

Not even Patrick Willis or Ray Lewis can ****ing do that. No LBer can do that.

**** you, you are pussing out. Put up or shut the **** up. Don't even say a good damn word. If you people want to compare him to Ray Ray then injuries don't mean jack shit you ****ing homers. If he's elite then he's elite.

Who is going to play?

the Talking Can

Cassel's condom appears...

SAUTO

Yes he is.

Siler isn't a better tackler, toss place is far from homer central.
Posted via Mobile Device

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 06:17 PM
LMAO

you've been trained so hard....maybe you should crawl back to WPI and put your panties back on...

Come on man. Bet me. Man up and bet me.

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Really dipshit?

fucking OWNED

/thread

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Yes he is.

Posted via Mobile Device

Siler is a better tackler. If you watch, you can see it. BET ME...

Brock

Come up with a bet that makes sense.

Brock

LMAO

SAUTO
**** you, you are pussing out. Put up or shut the **** up. Don't even say a good damn word. If you people want to compare him to Ray Ray then injuries don't mean jack shit you ****ing homers. If he's elite then he's elite.

Who is going to play? any chiefs fan worth a shit wouldn't bring up ray in a thread like this.

We all hard him crying like a bitch when waters kicked his shit in
Posted via Mobile Device

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 06:19 PM
****ing OWNED

/thread

Bet me pussy. Bet me Pestilence. The article is right. Tackles are the most worthless stat.

Hammock Parties
If you people want to compare him to Ray Ray then injuries don't mean jack shit you ****ing homers.

Did you miss the part where I compared DJ to Lewis?

DJ: 10 missed tackles
Lewis: 7 missed tackles.

And DJ played 200 more snaps.

Where is the ACTUAL EVIDENCE that Siler is a better tackler than DJ? It's sure not in missed tackle stats...so please, enlighten us.

the Talking Can

DJ could sit on the bench and be better than Siler

because Siler is also sitting on the bench...LMAO

you're starting to remind me of the guardian...the rare combination of stupid and dumb all wrapped up in a chuck norris t-shirt

Black Bob
any chiefs fan worth a shit wouldn't bring up ray in a thread like this.

We all hard him crying like a bitch when waters kicked his shit in
Posted via Mobile Device

No kidding dude. There are some serious homers here comparing DJ to Lewis.

SAUTO
09-04-2012, 06:20 PM

Who do you see him tackle on the bench?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 06:21 PM

Oh yeah, homers...

http://i.imgur.com/EtrIN.jpg

My dick is getting raw, anyone want to take over?

Ming the Merciless
Bet me pussy. Bet me Pestilence. The article is right. Tackles are the most worthless stat.

I agree that tackles in and of themselves arent that meaningful, but did you read the article/stats that pestilence showed you?

SAUTO

Lol, that's not very homer. Ray has lost a step.

Stop and actually think about what you are saying.

At this point DJ IS better than ray Lewis.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Derrick Johnson had 30 tackles and 4 forced fumbles

IN ONE GAME in High School

Three7s
09-04-2012, 06:25 PM

Posted via Mobile Device
Does that mean Siler is better than Lewis too?

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Derrick Johnson won the Dick Butkus trophy and the Bronco Nagursky trophy

Which one did siler win?

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Does that mean Siler is better than Lewis too?

transitive property for the win

Just Passin' By
09-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Yes he is.

Posted via Mobile Device

When people are posting that Siler misses 1 tackle in every 141 attempts and Johnson misses 1 tackle every 104 attempts, BlackBob is not the one getting smashed.

Also, tackle numbers along don't prove you're a good tackler. They just prove you're prolific. Those aren't necessarily the same thing.

I agree that his homer argument is pretty fucking stupid, though.

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 06:28 PM
How many pro bowls does siler have?

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Other things Siler is better at than DJ:

Tetris
sitting on benches
blowing out achilles
making it rain at Hooters
signing vet minimum contracts
impressing morons
folding laundry
picking up gum wrappers at arrowhead
getting cut
carrying DJ's helmet

KCUnited
09-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Siler's achilles weeps at this thread.

Black Bob
I agree that tackles in and of themselves arent that meaningful, but did you read the article/stats that pestilence showed you?

Yeah but he still misses tackles. I never said he shouldn't be on the field. I just said Siler is a better tackler. That means nothing to me.

Derrick Johnson won the Dick Butkus trophy and the Bronco Nagursky trophy

Which one did siler win?

Siler played in the SEC where everyone can tackle.

Then DJ shouldn't miss more tackles by their logic right? Then why did he?

Hammock Parties
Uh, do you even realize what 141 vs 104 means?

It means Brandon Siler misses one tackle every two games, more or less, if he was a starter.

It means Derrick Johnson misses one tackle every two games.

It's a negligible difference.

And since Brandon Siler hasn't played more than 387 snaps in a season the last FOUR FUCKING YEARS, using missed tackle stats to elevate him over DJ, who plays 1,000 snaps a year, is pretty clueless.

RealSNR
we're really having to convince someone that siler is just a scrub backup....when he is actually DJ's scrub backup?

It's worse than that. He's Belcher's scrub backup.

Ming the Merciless
When people are posting that Siler misses 1 tackle in every 141 attempts and Johnson misses 1 tackle every 104 attempts, BlackBob is not the one getting smashed.

Did you see what pestilence posted?

Its all about the stops....

SAUTO

Also, tackle numbers along don't prove you're a good tackler. They just prove you're prolific. Those aren't necessarily the same thing.

I agree that his homer argument is pretty fucking stupid, though.

siler is a backup for a reason. He isn't too good.

I know you probably don't see all the games, but this is a case of the numbers not relating the truth, IMO.

DJ gets to a lot of players and gets his hands on them a lot when a guy like siler would have never gotten close...
Posted via Mobile Device

Black Bob
09-04-2012, 06:32 PM
How many pro bowls does siler have?

DJ is a better player. He just isn't as good of a tackler. If you think he is, then bet me.

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 06:33 PM

He didnt -

they both had about 1 missed tackle for every 10 they made

SAUTO
09-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Yeah but he still misses tackles. I never said he shouldn't be on the field. I just said Siler is a better tackler. That means nothing to me.

Siler played in the SEC where everyone can tackle.

DJ missed three more tackles than ray in 200 more attempts.

Ray was worse last year, I don't see how you can debate that...
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Black Knob polisher is either amazingly dense, or this is the most successful troll performance ever.

Black Bob

I know you probably don't see all the games, but this is a case of the numbers not relating the truth, IMO.

DJ gets to a lot of players and gets his hands on them a lot when a guy like siler would have never gotten close...
Posted via Mobile Device

NO SHIT. I have been saying that the whole time. McGraw was a better tackler than Lewis but, guess what? I wanted Lewis to start.

It is not uncommon for back ups to be better at fundamentals than starters. NFL starters are generally play makers. That's what makes them the best of the best.

Hammock Parties
DJ is a better player. He just isn't as good of a tackler.

Where is the evidence that Brandon Siler is a good tackler?

the Talking Can
09-04-2012, 06:35 PM
DJ is a better player. He just isn't as good of a tackler. If you think he is, then bet me.

DJ is a better tackler than Siler

there is nothing to argue...the only question is: are you retarded or super retarded?

and how are you going to make a bet about a bench player? bench player's don't play, because they suck compared to the starters...

SAUTO
What does betting DJ won't miss a single tackle do?

siler could have missed the same tackle, we would never know because he would be STUCK ON THE BENCH.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By

Posted via Mobile Device

But you're making two different arguments here, which is what a lot of people here are doing, and it's why BlackBob's not getting smashed. Being a better linebacker is not the same as being a better tackler.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2012, 06:36 PM
McGraw was a better tackler than Lewis but, guess what? I wanted Lewis to start.

They're both pretty shitty tacklers.

McGraw is a guy with questionable coverage skills who sucks at tackling so, he's gone.

And if you question this post, I have another post ready to rape you for doing so.

Want to test me, Lack Bob?

SAUTO
09-04-2012, 06:37 PM
NO SHIT. I have been saying that the whole time. McGraw was a better tackler than Lewis but, guess what? I wanted Lewis to start.

It is not uncommon for back ups to be better at fundamentals than starters. NFL starters are generally play makers. That's what makes them the best of the best.
You aren't saying anything the same as me.

I'm saying you are knocking DJ for missing a tackle when the scrub you say is a better tackler would have been five yards away and not gotten the opportunity to miss the same tackle
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
09-04-2012, 06:39 PM
But you're making two different arguments here, which is what a lot of people here are doing, and it's why BlackBob's not getting smashed. Being a better linebacker is not the same as being a better tackler.

Again, for the fifth time.

He is missing tackles a guy like siler wouldn't even have the opportunity to miss because he wouldn't get there.

DJ makes the routine tackle as often as siler.
Posted via Mobile Device

Black Bob
What does betting DJ won't miss a single tackle do?

siler could have missed the same tackle, we would never know because he would be STUCK ON THE BENCH.
Posted via Mobile Device

What will it do? It will force people to say they really believe DJ is a fantastic tackler. I don't believe anyone here actually thinks it. I think I piss people off and they want to run the train on me. Quit being pussies and let's go one on one.

BTW, no Mults. Man up and bet.

P.S. I am going to watch TV for a while. Just letting you know before ten of you bitches accuse me of slinking off because you got nothing else.

the Talking Can

it's hard, i gather, with cassel's balls ricocheting off your face...but both arguments are won by DJ, as anyone with eyeballs can see..

i don't even know how one could make the comparison given siler's paltry stats and lack of playing time...shouldn't being good enough to actually play be a precondition for being 'better' at anything?

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2012, 06:41 PM

how do you define better? what will we use to determine this?

SAUTO
09-04-2012, 06:41 PM
What will it do? It will force people to say they really believe DJ is a fantastic tackler. I don't believe anyone here actually thinks it. I think I piss people off and they want to run the train on me. Quit being pussies and let's go one on one.

BTW, no Mults. Man up and bet.
I can guarangoddamntee every person in this thread believes 100% what they are saying.

Which makes me feel bad for you.
Posted via Mobile Device