PDA

View Full Version : Music Help me come up with a new radio feature

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 09:05 PM
For the last 3 years we've done a feature on our morning show called "Fact or Bullcrap." My co-host and I ask each other 5 trivia questions and the other has to answer if it is fact or bullcrap. Winner (person who gets the most right)gets bragging rights for the week yadda yadda.

She won the first year overall, I won the second, she is bludgeoning me about the head and shoulders with a blunt object in year 3. She leads like 25 weeks to 7. (We do it once a week)

It's always been a popular feature and has many people who follow it and talk about it. That said it's always a good idea to refresh the show now and then and retire old things. The other thing is this is hard to replace, even though she owns me this year.

So I'm asking for ideas that maybe you guys/gals have heard on other stations that you find entertaining. Hell almost everything is recycled anymore.

And yes I know... I know... everyone here is far too cool to listen to commercial radio. It would make you less of a man/woman to admit that... I get it.

But maybe you've "heard" of something. I have a few ideas to replace it with at the first of the year but I'm not sold on any of them yet.

Thanks in advance.

*radio sucks*

Phobia
09-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Poop Taco Talko

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-03-2012, 09:09 PM
The Disigerent Hour.

Ceej
09-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Poop Taco Talko

This sounds fun.

Use the Planet as a poop talk source.

Easy.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 09:12 PM
I knew this would be helpful.

Let me ask in a different way. If YOU weren't too fucking cool and awesome to listen to an actual radio station what type of thing would YOU like to hear.

NewChief
09-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Have her ride the sybian on air... daily. Your ratings will kill.

Backwards Masking
09-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Best to Worst Alan Parsons Project album discussion.

i would listen

Chiefaholic
09-03-2012, 09:16 PM
A local station here playing classic rock does a "Guitar Hero" segment where he plays a few notes on a guitar. First caller with the right answer gets a prize.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 09:18 PM
A local station here playing classic rock does a "Guitar Hero" segment where he plays a few notes on a guitar. First caller with the right answer gets a prize.

That's not terrible... thank you.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Have her ride the sybian on air... daily. Your ratings will kill.

We have a rock station in the building but it's not mine.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Best to Worst Alan Parsons Project album discussion.

i would listen

I can hear the buttons being pushed to the competition all across the tri-states.

That would be cool for you and me though.

Phobia
09-03-2012, 09:33 PM
You could have a fart contest on-air. First pooper wins.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Sometimes a thread is just an excercise in futility heh.

Phobia
09-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Ghost story segment. /thread

Setsuna
09-03-2012, 09:43 PM
What's your station? I'll listen to that junk. Is there an online option to listen?

tk13
09-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Edmund Fitzgerald.

mikey23545
09-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Could you have people calling in, or does it have to be something just involving you and your colleague?

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-03-2012, 09:44 PM
I used to listen to a morning show out of Lincoln where they had a segment every morning where they would list the ingredients of a common food product, and the listeners would call in trying to guess what it was. Maybe you could do a variation of that? :shrug:

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Ghost story segment. /thread

Our rock station does an all nighter from a haunted location every Halloween. That's kind of their thing.

mikey23545
09-03-2012, 09:45 PM
I used to listen to a morning show out of Lincoln where they had a segment every morning where they would list the ingredients of a common food product, and the listeners would call in trying to guess what it was. Maybe you could do a variation of that? :shrug:

That doesn't sound too bad.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Could you have people calling in, or does it have to be something just involving you and your colleague?

Open to anything it just needs to be as good or better than fact or bullcrap.

jspchief
09-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Just get Bob and Tom. I'm sure your listeners would prefer it over you.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 09:47 PM
What's your station? I'll listen to that junk. Is there an online option to listen?

Yes we stream.... it's country.... still want to listen?

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Just get Bob and Tom. I'm sure your listeners would prefer it over you.

Have them on our classic rocker and their ratings aren't even close. Thanks though.

Anyone who thinks Bob & Tom are actually funny is truly a lowest common denominator anyway. I love listening to people laugh at their own jokes all morning.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Edmund Fitzgerald.

You know I actually got a request for that recently on "free for all Friday,".... all requests, if we have it we'll play it. Has to be format compatible though.

mikey23545
09-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Unfortunately, I have really had a long day, and right now my brain is mush...I'll try to put my mighty prefrontal cortex to work on it in the morning.

Hopefully you'll get some good ideas tonight...

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Unfortunately, I have really had a long day, and right now my brain is mush...I'll try to put my mighty prefrontal cortex to work on it in the morning.

Hopefully you'll get some good ideas tonight...

Thanks. I'm sure I will.......... heh.

Baby Lee
09-03-2012, 10:03 PM
These are straight up stealing from the podcast world, but;

Build a Title - each person must add to a movie title by adding at the beginning or the end of what came before with existing movie titles. ie,

the mighty duck-s-ome like it hot-to t-rot-ten dirty scoundrels

Leonard Maltin Game - like name that tune, but instead of seconds of music played as the bid, you bid on # of names, starting from the bottom of the list of stars of the movie

Movie Cats - competitors go around a circle switching between a movie starring someone and someone else starring in another movie. eg, Pulp Fiction - Samuel L. Jackson - Jungle Fever - Denzel Washington - Training Day - Ethan Hawke - Before Sunrise - Julie Delpy - etc, etc. The trick here is, if someone tries to stump you with an obscure cast member/movie , you can challenge them to come up with another movie or another cast member. If they can't, THEY'RE the one who loses a point.

Setsuna
09-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Yes we stream.... it's country.... still want to listen?

You don't know me very well do ye? Yes I still do. :whackit:

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 10:06 PM
These are straight up stealing from the podcast world, but;

Build a Title - each person must add to a movie title by adding at the beginning or the end of what came before with existing movie titles. ie,

the mighty duck-s-ome like it-hot-to t-rot-ten dirty scoundrels

Leonard Maltin Game - like name that tune, but instead of seconds of music played as the bid, you bid on # of names, starting from the bottom of the list of stars of the movie

Movie Cats - competitors go around a circle switching between a movie starring someone and someone else starring in another movie. eg, Pulp Fiction - Samuel L. Jackson - Jungle Fever - Denzel Washington - Training Day - Ethan Hawke - Before Sunrise - Julie Delpy - etc, etc. The trick here is, if someone tries to stump you with an obscure cast member/movie , you can challenge them to come up with another movie or another cast member. If they can't, THEY'RE the one who loses a point.

Thank you, there's some food for thought there. I'm liking a "stump the DJ's" type of thing. Not new but new here.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 10:08 PM
You don't know me very well do ye? Yes I still do. :whackit:

Will pm you then.

La literatura
09-03-2012, 10:16 PM
I want to listen to fact or bullcrap. Put up a streaming link.

Baby Lee
09-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Thank you, there's some food for thought there. I'm liking a "stump the DJ's" type of thing. Not new but new here.

BTW - those game names will almost certainly lead you, via google, directly to podcasts of people playing them so you can see how the flow of play works.

EDIT: Movie Cats you have to look for under Movie Katz, as 'Tobasco Ears' Danny Katz of NNF came up with the game.

You might also peruse some of the social media ipod apps for inspiration [ie, words with friends, etc]

Iowanian
09-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Collect fart audio.

Have a contest for people to guess "his" or "hers"

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 10:22 PM
BTW - those game names will almost certainly lead you, via google, directly to podcasts of people playing them so you can see how the flow of play works.

You might also peruse some of the social media ipod apps for inspiration [ie, words with friends, etc]

Thanks again. Appreciate it.

ChiefsCountry
09-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Secert Sound is popular with a station in Columbia. They increase the pot each time answer is wrong. Something you could get sponsored.

The Answer is C is always good for some idiots on the air.

Sports station does a segment called Under the Bus. Throws out idiot stuff that is done in sports for the day out. Could easily be done for pop culture. Another thing sponsored.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Collect fart audio.

Have a contest for people to guess "his" or "hers"

We used to do a thing called "drunk karaoke" where we sent an intern or part timer out to the bars around closing time and they'd give a random drunk person a song title and ask them to sing a few bars that they would record then scribble their drunk signature on a waiver for airplay. Lolz always ensued.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Secert Sound is popular with a station in Columbia. They increase the pot each time answer is wrong. Something you could get sponsored.

The Answer is C is always good for some idiots on the air.

Sports station does a segment called Under the Bus. Throws out idiot stuff that is done in sports for the day out. Could easily be done for pop culture. Another thing sponsored.

Used to do "C's the answer" and it was amazing how many people thought C's was Seize and would get shit wrong even after doing it a while.

La literatura
09-03-2012, 10:34 PM
"Name that Philosopher." The radio hosts present a discussion of some of the basic concepts the philosopher wrote about. The clues get progressively easier. The winner gets a used copy of the philosopher's writing.

Or, you could make it political. "Dumb political fact of the week."

The real problem is that some people would look up the answer on google. Another possible problem is that people don't want to hear about politics.

La literatura
09-03-2012, 10:38 PM
How about a parody horoscope? I have no idea what it would be like, but I'm sure someone creative could come up with something.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 10:38 PM
"Name that Philosopher." The radio hosts present a discussion of some of the basic concepts the philosopher wrote about. The clues get progressively easier. The winner gets a used copy of the philosopher's writing.

Or, you could make it political. "Dumb political fact of the week."

The real problem is that some people would look up the answer on google. Another possible problem is that people don't want to hear about politics.

Yeah we don't touch politics. We have a right wing am station to do that. My station is about music and entertainment. We do encourage Google though... some stuff wouldn't be answered without it. I don't know how many times I've said "get your Google fingers working" when asking some question.

Baby Lee
09-03-2012, 10:39 PM
We used to do a thing called "drunk karaoke" where we sent an intern or part timer out to the bars around closing time and they'd give a random drunk person a song title and ask them to sing a few bars that they would record then scribble their drunk signature on a waiver for airplay. Lolz always ensued.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5NnBhXDi0Ck?list=PL33935FF87CE40262&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

La literatura
09-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Yeah we don't touch politics. We have a right wing am station to do that. My station is about music and entertainment. We do encourage Google though... some stuff wouldn't be answered without it. I don't know how many times I've said "get your Google fingers working" when asking some question.

This would be like, "He was the first president to take a shower in the White House." It could end after the election.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 10:40 PM
How about a parody horoscope? I have no idea what it would be like, but I'm sure someone creative could come up with something.

Used to do "twisted horoscopes" that me made up. Killed it after about a year.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 10:42 PM
This would be like, "He was the first president to take a shower in the White House." It could end after the election.

That kind of stuff we do on fact or bullcrap.... Calvin Coolage was the first president to take a shower in the White House... fact or bullcrap.

tk13
09-03-2012, 10:43 PM
If all else fails, you can always drop live turkeys out of a moving helicopter. What could go wrong?

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 10:43 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5NnBhXDi0Ck?list=PL33935FF87CE40262&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like I said most everything is recycled heh.

La literatura
09-03-2012, 10:44 PM
That kind of stuff we do on fact or bullcrap.... Calvin Coolage was the first president to take a shower in the White House... fact or bullcrap.

Well . . . fact or bullcrap sounds awesome.

La literatura
09-03-2012, 10:45 PM
How about "Voices from Telecommunication History." You play a clip, and someone has to guess who said it.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 10:47 PM
If all else fails, you can always drop live turkeys out of a moving helicopter. What could go wrong?

They could hit the ground like bags of wet cement... then PETA comes in... it's just not worth the hassle.

We did drop eggs from a cherry picker placed above a billboard once and people had to catch them in a cup without them breaking to win a small prize and qualify for a Harley. I'm surprised PETA didn't have a problem with that.

Baby Lee
09-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Like I said most everything is recycled heh.

FTR, that guy isn't drunk, he just can't sing. He does have a vocal talent, though.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Op3OQfm5vSQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

La literatura
09-03-2012, 10:48 PM
What's the Number?

The host gives a question: "How many people were [hit] by a [bus] in [2011] in [our state]?"

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Well . . . fact or bullcrap sounds awesome.

It's fun other than she owns me to an embarrassing point this year so the drama has lost something and we're in our 3rd year of it. The trick is to change things out before they become mundane.

La literatura
09-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Guess the Number.

One host picks a number between negative 10,000,000 and 10,000,000. Other host attempts to say that number.

Hours of fun ensues.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Guess the Number.

One host picks a number between negative 10,000,000 and 10,000,000. Other host attempts to say that number.

Hours of fun ensues.

That could go on forever LOL

Baby Lee
09-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Guess the Number.

Hours of fun ensues.

Ah, reminds me.

"What am I thinking?"

Best with three or four people. Two people count down, 3, 2, 1, and immediately say what comes to mind. Then 3, 2, 1 and say what each thinks is 1/2way between the previous two words/phrases, over, and over, until both blurt out the same thing.

See which combo/team/config can match up the fastest.

Any delay after the '1' is a DQ, as is offering up hints before the countdown.

La literatura
09-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Read The Great Gatsby in its entirety.

Baby Lee
09-03-2012, 10:57 PM

Then take the audience out for cookies and milk?

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 11:02 PM

In one sitting I assume? I'll just play the new Taylor Swift song I banned and lose less listeners.

La literatura
09-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Then take the audience out for cookies and milk?

When people call in to complain, promise that you will play a record in the next minute.

Proceed to put on a record of you reading The Great Gatsby from where you left off.

La literatura
09-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Radio slots:

"Oh, sorry, you were so close. There were two Red 7s, and you needed three. The other 7 was the next symbol though! So close! Thanks for playing."

Baby Lee
09-03-2012, 11:08 PM
In one sitting I assume? I'll just play the new Taylor Swift song I banned and lose less listeners.

In case you were unaware;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL3Dp6Oh3Fw

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 11:09 PM
OK kids it's my bed time. I slept plenty this weekend but alarm in 4 hours. Thanks for the input. Keep 'em coming.

Literature if you aren't listening at the right time I'm going to be greatly dissappointed.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 11:13 PM
True story and over-share before I go. I don't know my biological father other than his name... last name Stern. My ex-wife always jokingly referred to Howard as "daddy Stern." Not the right time frame and looks absolutely nothing like me though... and no his name isn't Howard (my dad). Still kind of funny though all these years.

Well we do both have curly hair.

La literatura
09-03-2012, 11:14 PM
OK kids it's my bed time. I slept plenty this weekend but alarm in 4 hours. Thanks for the input. Keep 'em coming.

Literature if you aren't listening at the right time I'm going to be greatly dissappointed.

Oh I will be there.

tk13
09-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Radio slots:

"Oh, sorry, you were so close. There were two Red 7s, and you needed three. The other 7 was the next symbol though! So close! Thanks for playing."

I've heard radio stations do "Wheel of" something or other. It's like how do you know what's actually happening?

dmahurin
09-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Play none of your business. Callers ask personal questions not pertaining to social security number, address, phone number type things and you have to answer truthfully. If its to personal and you don't want to answer you say none of your business and they win. Or if you have two cities or counties close by in your listening area play "city/county or city/county." read news stories to your co host and a listener and remove location details and make them guess which city or county the story took place in.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 11:27 PM
I've heard radio stations do "Wheel of" something or other. It's like how do you know what's actually happening?

You don't. There's just a trust factor. Most of that stuff is pre-determinded and pre-recorded with an ending in the bag just waiting for someone to guess the right answer. If they are lucky enough to get it then good for them. Really that's just as random as actually spinning a
"wheel."

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Play none of your business. Callers ask personal questions not pertaining to social security number, address, phone number type things and you have to answer truthfully. If its to personal and you don't want to answer you say none of your business and they win. Or if you have two cities or counties close by in your listening area play "city/county or city/county." read news stories to your co host and a listener and remove location details and make them guess which city or county the story took place in.

I like the first one a lot.

I said I was going to bed....

big nasty kcnut
09-03-2012, 11:33 PM
My idea is a comedy quiz show named Remember c is always the answer where you ask a question and give a and b a funny answer and c is always the right answer.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 11:36 PM

FWIW I've worked at 9 different stations in 22 years and all have had a strict policy against "fixing" contests for a certain listener. If there's ever any fixing it's the other way... we have personal friends enter stuff all the time but I can tell you they aren't going to win. They don't know they're thrown out of the running for pretty much anything and they don't need to know.

1. We don't need any unfair claims coming back on us and

2. That person/people are already friends and are probably going to listen anyway. You don't build audience by catering to people you already know.

If I have 20 tickets to a show and a couple friends want to go and tell me in advance I might slide them a pair. The rest go to a fair promotion. If I only have a pair or two then they have no chance.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-03-2012, 11:38 PM
My idea is a comedy quiz show named Remember c is always the answer where you ask a question and give a and b a funny answer and c is always the right answer.

"C's the answer" commonly misunderstood as "seize the answer." Done it before.

loochy
09-04-2012, 04:52 AM
Try "made up ghost stories "

bevischief
09-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Listen to Lex and Terry.

KC Jones
09-04-2012, 06:24 AM
I knew this would be helpful.

Let me ask in a different way. If YOU weren't too ****ing cool and awesome to listen to an actual radio station what type of thing would YOU like to hear.

music?

WV
09-04-2012, 06:24 AM
I like historical facts where you give the facts and people have to guess the year....This also works with multiple categories...ie Pop Culture, guess the year a song was #1 and so on.

Bwana
09-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Run down Mr. Manly and put him back to work. (Colom Keating) That guy was one funny dude. "Be Manly and Good Day!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZGfZIPqseA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tLWzWJeAU8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpG56OiSjIY

Luke Warm
09-04-2012, 07:08 AM
In the board game thread I posted a pic of the game Tribond. My idea comes from that game. What you do is name three things that all have one thing in common and people have to figure out what the common thing is.

Example: A car, a tree, an elephant

Answer: they all have trunks

Example 2: protesters, bowlers, pitchers

Answer: they all have strikes

You guys would obviously have to come up with more. You could also buy the game and use the cards from the game (hundreds of 'em)

CoMoChief
09-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Do a segment like the Adam Sandler skit where he plays a clip of 2 dudes working out.....then 2 gay dudes doin' the nasty....and you have to guess which is which.

Caseyguyrr
09-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Germany or Florida.

Or Stinky Pinky.

Either one is fine

blaise
09-04-2012, 07:52 AM
The ones I hear in different markets are like, Name X many things in 30 seconds. Like, name 12 NL teams in 30 seconds, etc.
Or, they'll do a thing where they give the caller a choice of three topics. I mostly listen to sports, so it would be like, NBA, College Football or NFL. The caller picks a topic and they feed him trivia questions to see how many he can answer in a minute. Then the host answers as many as he can in a minute. If the caller answers more he wins.

Nzoner
09-04-2012, 08:11 AM
music?

We have a winner!

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2012, 08:35 AM
music?

Covered. Many times over.

Dartgod
09-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Sounds like your current "thing" doesn't involve the listeners, i.e. contests.

Are you trying to change that?

notorious
09-04-2012, 08:45 AM
You need a small segment in which the host describes a famous or important person's life and all of the trials and tribulations they went through.

At the end, the host needs to tell us who the person is, followed by "And that's.....the rest of the story...."

dmahurin
09-04-2012, 08:52 AM
This is one of the funniest bits I've ever heard on radio. You are a country station so it wouldn't work in this format but you could do a different genre of music. The bit starts about 20 seconds into the video. It's called country psychic. The host gives his co host the name of a country song and plays him about 30 second of the intro and then the co host has to sing the song to a karaoke track having never heard it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BXeNOek3Vcs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

barry_smilez20
09-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Have people post pictures of his or her drunk daughter on the radio Facebook page. Y'all can describe each photo before berating the participant.

notorious
09-04-2012, 09:07 AM
If there was any way you could do a "Would You" segment on the radio, it would be huge.

Kclee
09-04-2012, 09:08 AM
I remember one DJ getting on the air and saying that he was at such and such gas station an hour ago and bought a pack a gum and paid for it with a dollar. Then said the serial number of the dollar. If anyone brought him that dollar he'd give them $100. It must have got popular because soon he was reading off bunches of serial numbers a shift. Then they'd throw in a $5 bill once a week and give $500 for that. You could put the serial numbers online after you read them off to help with web traffic too. Give people a week to turn in and start again new the next week.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Hire a midget like Beetlejuice

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Sounds like your current "thing" doesn't involve the listeners, i.e. contests.

Are you trying to change that?

We've almost been over-contested this summer, that's not a problem actually. Just trying to freshen things up at the first of the year. Fact or bullcrap is popular even though it doesn't directly involved the audience. They do make fb comments and such and one guy gives me his "cheat sheet" each Wednesday morning to try to help me out since I've been sucking so bad lately heh.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2012, 09:31 AM
I remember one DJ getting on the air and saying that he was at such and such gas station an hour ago and bought a pack a gum and paid for it with a dollar. Then said the serial number of the dollar. If anyone brought him that dollar he'd give them $100. It must have got popular because soon he was reading off bunches of serial numbers a shift. Then they'd throw in a $5 bill once a week and give $500 for that. You could put the serial numbers online after you read them off to help with web traffic too. Give people a week to turn in and start again new the next week.

Note to self... redo the budget for next year :D

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2012, 09:31 AM
If there was any way you could do a "Would You" segment on the radio, it would be huge.

LMAO That would be a win.

Lumpy
09-04-2012, 09:34 AM
"Missed Connections"
You and your co-host could take turns reading some of the local Craigslist "Missed Connection" posts. She reads the female posts and you read the male posts, (obviously). However, you could mix it up on every Wednesday or some other day and reverse roles, (and adjust your voices accordingly). After each reading, use a funny "ooh la-la" type of sound bite.

One of the radio stations up here does something similar, (only they don't do the reverse roles thing - I came up w/ that twist).

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2012, 09:36 AM
"Missed Connections"
You and your co-host could take turns reading some of the local Craigslist "Missed Connection" posts. She reads the female posts and you read the male posts, (obviously). However, you could mix it up on every Wednesday or some other day and reverse roles, (and adjust your voices accordingly). After each reading, use a funny "ooh la-la" type of sound bite.

One of the radio stations up here does something similar, (only they don't do the reverse roles thing - I came up w/ that twist).

Thanks Lump!

Lumpy
09-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks Lump!

Not a problem. :)

Kclee
09-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Note to self... redo the budget for next year :D

Not sure that it would cost a bunch. I think a lot of people listened in and started hoarding $1's, but you have to find 1 dollar in circualtion to win. It's like the lotto. I guess it depends how big the city is. This was in San Diego at the time.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Not sure that it would cost a bunch. I think a lot of people listened in and started hoarding $1's, but you have to find 1 dollar in circualtion to win. It's like the lotto. I guess it depends how big the city is. This was in San Diego at the time.

Yeah we aren't San Diego heh. Basically you budget that stuff or get a sponsor and they pay for it and get advertising in return. It's a neat idea, thank you.

Baby Lee
09-04-2012, 09:55 AM

Fuck, marry, kill

Three names, alike in station and the person has to, err, boff one, marry the other, and kill the thrid.

ie, Kathy Lee, Hoda Kotb, and Katie Couric

Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Octomom.

KChiefer
09-04-2012, 10:05 AM
"Missed Connections"

My buddy was down in the dumps and actually got a date by using CL a few months back. He went on a date with the girl and later that night checked CL and there was a missed connect talking about him at a bar they went to saying 'I hope that's not your GF." Now, the MC here is very slow, especially for WSM. How in the hell do you get an MC when your on a date from CL??? When he told me, I thought it has to be that girl trying to see what he'd say in a reply about her. He called her out in a text, but she wouldn't admit to it. OF course, this mystery MC girl never met him in person.