PDA

View Full Version : Video Games PS3's YouTube App...

Luke Warm
09-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Does anyone else absolutely hate it as much as I do? I downright loathe it. Here's why...

1. You HAVE to use it. I tried going on the youtube webpage through the internet browser only for it to say I need to DL the app, which I did.

2. I cannot sync my phone to it. For some videos you have to signin and sync. I follow the steps perfectly, put the password it gives me perfectly and it never connects.

3. Typing in the search bar is so ****ing aggravating. Itll either scroll to fast or to slow, tends to go more slow.

4. It doesn't have "related videos" or a place to comment on videos.

5. It freezes if you fast forward a video past the line of what's loaded so far, then you have to restart the ps3.

We should be able to choose if we wanna use the traditional site or this stupid ass new app.

Quesadilla Joe
09-03-2012, 10:51 PM
I tried it once and have since gone back to using it on the PS3 browser. It only forces you to use the youtube app if you click a link to go to a video. I have youtube.com/my_subscriptions bookmarked on the PS3 and I can watch videos just fine.

Luke Warm
09-03-2012, 11:07 PM
I tried it once and have since gone back to using it on the PS3 browser. It only forces you to use the youtube app if you click a link to go to a video. I have youtube.com/my_subscriptions bookmarked on the PS3 and I can watch videos just fine.

I tried going on the browser but it always takes me to a page with a pic of the new app format in the background and a message that says "Beautifully redesigned for the big screen and your PS3." Below that message a red square link "Download the New App". And thats it. No search option or anything. The only thing you can do on this screen is clicking said red square link :banghead:

Quesadilla Joe
09-04-2012, 12:43 AM
I tried going on the browser but it always takes me to a page with a pic of the new app format in the background and a message that says "Beautifully redesigned for the big screen and your PS3." Below that message a red square link "Download the New App". And thats it. No search option or anything. The only thing you can do on this screen is clicking said red square link :banghead:

I get that too but only when I click a youtube link. Are you using www.youtube.com/xl?

I don't use xl.

Luke Warm
09-04-2012, 06:51 AM
I get that too but only when I click a youtube link. Are you using www.youtube.com/xl?

I don't use xl.

Yea, I'm on XL.