PDA

View Full Version : Football Lane Kiffin is still a gigantic douchebag

DaKCMan AP
09-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Biggest scumbag coach in collegiate athletics.

USC FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Vehikite makes quiet returnBy Scott Wolf, Staff Writer
Posted: 08/29/2012 10:21:21 PM PDT
Updated: 08/29/2012 10:56:36 PM PDT

With no fanfare and scant notice, USC linebacker Simione Vehikite returned to practice Wednesday after getting released from jail earlier this week.

Vehikite served more than three months for leaving the scene of a car accident and driving with an .08 percent blood-alcohol level and causing injury.

He was sentenced to a year in jail in mid-May after pleading no contest to the two felony counts. But he showed up at Howard Jones Field on Wednesday with no formal announcement from USC that he was even back on the team.

"He has been released from jail," said his attorney, Michael Norris.

USC coach Lane Kiffin is expected to address Vehikite's situation today. When Vehikite was arrested in March, Kiffin removed him from all team activities and said he was no longer with the program.

Vehikite's accident occurred in July 2011, but it took nearly a year before he was arrested.

Vehikite's return took on added significance because walk-on Will Andrew didn't have his scholarship renewed this week. Kiffin said he doesn't go out of his way to inform walk-ons when their scholarship is not renewed.

"They're never granted longer (than a year)," Kiffin said. "He was fortunate to have one for a year."
Andrew tried to be diplomatic about his predicament.

"Whatever the coaches ask me to do, I'll do," Andrew said. "The situation was out of my control."

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_21432140/usc-football-notebook-vehikite-makes-quiet-return

One week before the season begins, don't renew (or even inform that youi're not renewing) the scholly of a former walk-on and instead give it to a convicted felon just released from jail. Stay classy, Kiffin.

Saulbadguy
09-05-2012, 10:40 AM
meh

vailpass
09-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Looking for a follow-up headline along the lines of "Lane Kiffin Brutally Beaten In Late Night Ambush". That's no way to carry yourself as a college HC.

Setsuna
09-05-2012, 11:01 AM
I honestly don't care. I'd be better off hearing nothing about that person. If they ever man up and win their conference, they'll get raped by Bama anyway.

vailpass
09-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I honestly don't care. I'd be better off hearing nothing about that person. If they ever man up and win their conference, they'll get raped by Bama anyway.

Fact.

L.A. Chieffan
09-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Really? A HC not informing a walk on? Please.

L.A. Chieffan
09-05-2012, 11:13 AM

Sure they will

vailpass
09-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Sure they will

Bama. LSU. Whoever. Pac12 will be annihilated by the SEC machine if they send a representative to the title game.

L.A. Chieffan
09-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Bama. LSU. Whoever. Pac12 will be annihilated by the SEC machine if they send a representative to the title game.

Sure they will

vailpass
09-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Sure they will

Anything you want to bet you just let me know.

Setsuna
09-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Sure they will

A troll is a troll. I hope you know NO ONE on this board takes ANYTHING you say seriously.

L.A. Chieffan
09-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Anything you want to bet you just let me know.

What does "annihilated" mean? How many points are going to give me? 20? 30?

L.A. Chieffan
09-05-2012, 11:24 AM
A troll is a troll. I hope you know NO ONE on this board takes ANYTHING you say seriously.

Go back to your double wide swamp rat

big nasty kcnut
09-05-2012, 11:25 AM
No nick sabin is a bigger asshole lane is number 2 see what i did there.

vailpass
09-05-2012, 11:25 AM
What does "annihilated" mean? How many points are going to give me? 20? 30?

How many do you think you need?

L.A. Chieffan
09-05-2012, 11:27 AM
How many do you think you need?

Honestly I think itll be a pickem. But if youre so sure of SECs domination Ill gladly take the points

vailpass
09-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Honestly I think itll be a pickem. But if youre so sure of SECs domination Ill gladly take the points

Whatever the line is I'll give you a field goal more.

HemiEd
09-05-2012, 12:09 PM
No nick sabin is a bigger asshole lane is number 2 see what i did there.

Help me out here, what did you do?

ChiefsCountry
09-05-2012, 12:16 PM
It still amazes me that Alabama can't recruit a QB worth a shit. You would think every stud pro style QB would want to go there.

BWillie
09-05-2012, 12:24 PM
It still amazes me that Alabama can't recruit a QB worth a shit. You would think every stud pro style QB would want to go there.

I watched first half of Michigan game. McCarron looked good, no?

Saul Good
09-05-2012, 12:27 PM

You mean besides the 4-star they have starting, the 4-star backing him up, and the 4-star they have coming in next year?

BWillie
09-05-2012, 12:28 PM
You mean besides the 4-star they have starting, the 4-star backing him up, and the 4-star they have coming in next year?

4 stars are shit for 'Bama. 5 star or bust.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Doesn't even matter. The Washington Huskies have USC's number. They won't even get that far.

Saul Good
09-05-2012, 12:32 PM
4 stars are shit for 'Bama. 5 star or bust.

Generally, there are 2 QBs per year that get five stars in the entire country.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-05-2012, 12:34 PM

Oh how I'd love to see them shock the world this Saturday...

KC Tattoo
09-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Help me out here, what did you do?

He is calling Lane shit. As in #2 from Nick Sabins asshole.

qabbaan
09-05-2012, 01:27 PM
demonstrating no loyalty to your players at all is a nice recruiting tool for teams recruiting against them

vailpass
09-05-2012, 01:53 PM

:spock:

Mr. Laz
09-05-2012, 01:58 PM
... he was fortunate to have one for a year
wow ... what a douche

Von Dumbass
09-12-2012, 09:25 AM
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/09/12/lane-kiffin-has-banned-the-la-daily-news-from-usc-for-two-weeks-for-reporting-on-an-injury/

Lane Kiffin Has Banned the LA Daily News From USC for Two Weeks For Reporting on an Injury

Lane Kiffin is having his first dust-up with the local media. The USC coach previously told the media he refused to address injuries this season, and according to the LA Times, “announced in August a policy barring the media from reporting strategy or injury-related news observed during in-season practices.”

Well, the LA Daily News reported this over the weekend:

USC kicker Andre Heidari underwent surgery last week to repair a torn meniscus in his knee and will be sidelined about three weeks.

Heidari suffered the injury in the season opener against Hawaii and did not accompany USC to its game against Syracuse on Saturday. Walk-on Alex Wood filled in for Heidari and kicked six extra points.

Worth noting: There doesn’t appear to be practice-related information in the story.

The result? Reporter Scott Wolf (regular readers of this site know he is a Big Ten hater) has been banned from practice for two weeks and will not be permitted to cover the team’s Sept. 22 game at home against California.

The Trojans visit Stanford this Saturday, and USC can’t ban reporters from opposing press boxes so presumably Wolf will be in Palo Alto. The guess here is USC Athletic Director Pat Haden steps in and reverses the “suspension” and Kiffin stews.

tk13
09-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Kiffin wins the award for shortest press conference this week. Less than 30 seconds.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DQx8X1Z4dLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>