PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Preference for Chiefs season

saphojunkie
09-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Here are your options...

Chiefs win on Sunday. With a strong start, they go 10- and win the division by beating the Broncos in the last game. Chiefs host a home game in the wild card round and win. They lose their next playoff game and end up with the 27th overall draft pick. EDIT: Cassel is the starting QB heading into 2013.

or

Chiefs lose to Atlanta, causing a downward spiral to start the season. They go 1-4 heading into the bye week. Coming out, they continue to struggle. A couple key injuries (though nothing too serious) add strain to the team, and they lose winnable games. They end up going 5-11.

There is no guarantee that Cassel is gone after the season, but he doesn't get a contract extention heading into his final year. However, Clark Hunt comes out and says he is keeping Pioli. There is no word on Crennel, but it doesn't look good. The Chiefs end up with the #9 overall pick in the draft.

You only get these scenarios, and I think they are the most likely ones.

Waddya pick?

Dayze
09-05-2012, 11:12 AM
first one

Deberg_1990
09-05-2012, 11:13 AM
:popcorn:

saphojunkie
first one

I edited for Cassel, FYI.

Bugeater
I'll take the "Matt Cassel dies in a car wreck" option.

Chiefnj2
#1. I'll take a playoff win over a top 6 draft pick with Pioli calling the shots.

Screw your edit.

CHENZ A!
Uhhhhh

Discuss Thrower
09-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Tying in with Direck's thread, how sad is it I'm feeling like the second option is preferable?

DaFace
09-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Not sure why anyone would want #2. Unless there's some guarantee that Cassel is gone in that scenario, we might as well win a playoff game. It's not like we got a new QB when we had top picks or anything.

L.A. Chieffan
Season hasnt even started... :facepalm:

Pestilence
What are Cassel's 2012 stats in the first option?

Old Dog
09-05-2012, 11:16 AM
I'll pick the option where you can no longer start stupid-assed threads

saphojunkie
09-05-2012, 11:17 AM
What are Cassel's 2012 stats in the first option?

61% cmp
3800 yds
28 TD
18 INT

Deberg_1990
09-05-2012, 11:20 AM
61% cmp
3800 yds
28 TD
18 INT

Why do I feel like if Cassel threw for 40 TDs and 5000 yards people would still bitch and moan and want him gone?

Reerun_KC
Why do I feel like if Cassel threw for 40 TDs and 5000 yards people would still bitch and moan and want him gone?

Because its CP and its what we do?

Chiefnj2

They were all dumpoffs and he didn't go through his progressions.

saphojunkie
09-05-2012, 11:21 AM
I'll pick the option where you can no longer start stupid-assed threads

I want the people who want option 2 to come out and say it. Because you know they're out there. They're trolling every thread, turning the discussion towards the idea that losing is okay, because it will signify the end of Cassel.

This way, they can actually discuss that idea here instead of shitting up every single other thread.

KCrockaholic
09-05-2012, 11:21 AM
I'll take a playoff win. Fuck it.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Playoff win.

This team will never amount to shit if they can't win in the playoffs. I want a playoff win bad and I think it will happen this year.

Pestilence
09-05-2012, 11:23 AM
61% cmp
3800 yds
28 TD
18 INT

I guess those are decent enough stats for option 1. I just wanted to make sure that he didn't completely fuck up and our defense was winning us games.

Bugeater
09-05-2012, 11:24 AM
I want the people who want option 2 to come out and say it. Because you know they're out there. They're trolling every thread, turning the discussion towards the idea that losing is okay, because it will signify the end of Cassel.

This way, they can actually discuss that idea here instead of shitting up every single other thread.
Losing is only OK if you lose them all, or all but one.

Unsmooth-Moment
09-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Playoff win.

DaFace
09-05-2012, 11:27 AM
The more I think about this, the more I want to kick anyone who votes #2 in the nuts. I barely remember the last playoff win. Anyone who says that they would rather have a mediocre season than that - regardless of the implications for Cassel and Pioli - can lick my dog's ass.

saphojunkie
09-05-2012, 11:30 AM
The more I think about this, the more I want to kick anyone who votes #2 in the nuts. I barely remember the last playoff win. Anyone who says that they would rather have a mediocre season than that - regardless of the implications for Cassel and Pioli - can lick my dog's ass.

:clap:

Bugeater
There's no reason to pick #2. 5-11 still puts us basically where we are now, not bad enough to get elite talent in the draft but not good enough to go anywhere. He should've put 1-15 or 2-14.

bevischief
:popcorn:

:facepalm: I can't wait for the season to start....

Hoover
09-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Dude we didn't go 5-11 last year with all the shit that happened and this is a better team.

The choice is do we want to be 8-8 and have the 17th pick and bitch all offseason about it or do we want to root for a good team and finish 10-6 and have the 21st pick and bitch about it.

Oh, and by the way, the bottom of round one is not a bad spot to be if you want a QB. They might not be the top prospect, but that's San Diego drafted some guy named Brees.

DaFace
09-05-2012, 11:32 AM
:clap:

Not sure that's really deserved - I haven't really seen people voting for #2. This kind of looks like a straw man argument to me.

Douche Baggins
09-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Chiefs lose to Atlanta, causing a downward spiral to start the season. They go 1-4 heading into the bye week. Coming out, they continue to struggle. A couple key injuries (though nothing too serious) add strain to the team, and they lose winnable games. They end up going 5-11.

There is no guarantee that Cassel is gone after the season, but he doesn't get a contract extention heading into his final year. However, Clark Hunt comes out and says he is keeping Pioli. There is no word on Crennel, but it doesn't look good. The Chiefs end up with the #9 overall pick in the draft.

I'll take this.

Moving away from Cassel is the only option worth our time, and having the #9 pick puts us in a position to get his replacement.

Option #1 is basically a repeat of 2010 with a bullshit playoff win. Fool's gold.

Dayze
09-05-2012, 11:36 AM
I edited for Cassel, FYI.

oh, well screw that.
:)

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-05-2012, 11:37 AM
I'll take this.

Moving away from Cassel is the only option worth our time, and having the #9 pick puts us in a position to get his replacement.

Option #1 is basically a repeat of 2010 with a bullshit playoff win. Fool's gold.

I disagree but, I like your guts. I think there are several others who are not voting this way but want the same thing. :thumb:

DaFace
09-05-2012, 11:37 AM
I'll take this.

Yeah, but if Pioli is still around, do you really think #9 is going to be come a QB?

Chiefnj2
09-05-2012, 11:38 AM
"There is no guarantee that Cassel is gone after the season.... Clark Hunt comes out and says he is keeping Pioli."

That means more Cassel.

Discuss Thrower
09-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Yeah, but if Pioli is still around, do you really think #9 is going to be come a QB?

Possible, but probable is a trade down.. Take that fwiw.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-05-2012, 11:40 AM
It's hard to win playoff games. Look at all the QBs we have had that lost them.

Micjones
09-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Playoff win...with a bullet!

Deberg_1990
09-05-2012, 11:47 AM
It's hard to win playoff games. Look at all the QBs we have had that lost them.

Trent Green 0-2 in playoffs.

Douche Baggins
09-05-2012, 11:53 AM

The pressure on him to make such a move at that point would be enormous.

And he would have a better opportunity to do it as he would have been given a contract extension.

I'll take a "humbled and apologetically drafting you a QB now, Chiefs fans" Scott Pioli over a "CASSEL IS MIGHT! AND MIGHT IS RIGHT!" Scott Pioli marching into the Russian winter with General Matt leading his army.

Dayze
09-05-2012, 11:54 AM
with no shoes on

okcchief
09-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Option 1.

The number 9 pick isn't going to solve the QB problem.

jd1020
09-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Is Cassel the starting QB heading into 2013 because we have failed to draft a QB with a top pick or is he the QB heading into 2013 because we drafted a boom or bust QB like Logan Thomas and we need a warm body to fill the gap for another year?

Douche Baggins
09-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Option 1.

The number 9 pick isn't going to solve the QB problem.

LMAO

It's thinking like this that puts us in the situation we are now.

KCrockaholic
09-05-2012, 12:02 PM
If we really wanted a franchise QB we could still win the division, and find a way to trade up to get the QB we like. It's a matter of will. Pioli would have to throw his conservative ways aside and make shit happen. But he won't do that.

KC Tattoo
09-05-2012, 12:05 PM
We couldn't suck enough for Luck last year. I hate Got Damn losing but I hate not winning a Super Bowl in 40 years more.

Scenario option one we LOSE again in the playoffs. Altho that one win is intising, doesn't set us up for landing a QBotf in next years draft. Hell call me greedy but I'd just asume tank the season to get us a QB from the draft that could lead us to multiple Super Bowl Victories. It won't happen until we get that QB JMO. Not with Cassel & not with any other reject QB the GM has a hard on for.

There is no guarantee no matter who the QB is but I like the odds with a young promising to be elite QB over any other teams trash to lead us for Super Bowls.

I wont be happy to lose any game, I wont cheer for doom. I just want to set up for best QB available to get out of the draft so that we can start building for championships.

saphojunkie
09-05-2012, 12:07 PM
I think the irony is that Pioli has such a hard-on for value, we are more likely to draft a first round QB at #27, coming off a playoff win than we are at #9.

saphojunkie
09-05-2012, 12:09 PM
I'll take this.

Here you go, your ninth overall pick!

http://blog.nsr-inc.com/wp-content/uploads/Landry-Jones-112.jpg

PGM
09-05-2012, 12:09 PM
You guys are batshit crazy

KCrockaholic
09-05-2012, 12:11 PM

I have a bad feeling that Jones is exactly who Pioli would target if we were to take a QB. He's a sick human being.

King_Chief_Fan
09-05-2012, 12:11 PM
here we go again....suck for Luck II.

Only losers want to lose, the reason doesn't matter.

KC Tattoo
09-05-2012, 12:17 PM
I think the irony is that Pioli has such a hard-on for value, we are more likely to draft a first round QB at #27, coming off a playoff win than we are at #9.

I think it's all going come down to from the pressure of the fans to get us one. If he doesn't feel any pressure that he can do what he wants then he won't draft one. So no matter what the record is Chiefs fans need be vocal plenty to get us a QBotf from the draft.

You made a good point to consider, from Pioli stand point.

saphojunkie
09-05-2012, 12:17 PM

There is no Suck for Luck II. There was only one. And it would have been absolutely fucking worth it.

Barkley ain't Luck.

suds79
09-05-2012, 12:19 PM

Just curious since you brought it up. Would you consider any Indy fans that were pulling for them to tank it to get Luck loosers as well?

Because when they win a SB 5-10 years down the road I think the majority of us will have a hard time viewing them that way.

Furthermore, I don't think any Indy fans would care how we view them. They'd have the rings.

mr. tegu
09-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Not sure why anyone would want #2. Unless there's some guarantee that a first round QB is a franchise player, we might as well win a playoff game. It's not like we got a new QB when we had top picks or anything.

FYP. Plus I will take option 1. Easy decision.

Chiefnj2
0 = number of 2012 draft picks starting week 1 for KC.

But God forbid we package up a boatload of picks to try to grab a WR. We can't have that.

Fire Me Boy!
Just curious since you brought it up. Would you consider any Indy fans that were pulling for them to tank it to get Luck loosers as well?

Because when they win a SB 5-10 years down the road I think the majority of us will have a hard time viewing them that way.

Furthermore, I don't think any Indy fans would care how we view them. They'd have the rings.

:facepalm:

suds79
09-05-2012, 12:21 PM

Great point. Well said.

Care to elaborate?

Douche Baggins
09-05-2012, 12:22 PM
It would be awesome to have Luck right now.

No one here enjoyed those wins over Kyle Boller, Curtis Painter, Caleb Hanie and Tim Tebow that much.

Fire Me Boy!
09-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Great point. Well said.

Care to elaborate?

I bolded this part:

... it to get Luck loosers as well...

Looser: More loose.

Loser: Opposite of winner.

Luke Warm
Can the season at least start??

KC Tattoo

Who wants to lose? No body wants to lose. We want to WIN a fucking Super Bowl, sooner than later. Getting a top of the class draft pick gives us that route much quicker than all these fail trash heaps the organizations has dumpt on us.

notorious
09-05-2012, 12:24 PM

Die.

suds79
09-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Looser: More loose.

Loser: Opposite of winner.

Okay Scott, You just keep on with that little picture view. This 1 season is all that matters. Forget the QB. It will get you a lot of SBs.

Just amazed how some people don't get it. Projected to be the best QB coming out since John Elway and there's still people who wouldn't have traded in a meaningless season to get him. Unreal.

notorious
09-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Just the thought of having Cassel back next year makes me want to drop-kick new born kittens.

Fire Me Boy!
09-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Okay Scott, You just keep on with that little picture view. This 1 season is all that matters. Forget the QB. It will get you a lot of SBs.

Just amazed how some people don't get it.

I'm not making a judgement one way or the other about losers sucking for Luck... I'm making a judgment about your education. Let me try to put it in verbiage you'll understand:

Looser (what you said) is your mom after "entertaining" at the block party.

Loser are all the guys that helped make your mom looser.

saphojunkie
Die.

Don't shoot the weatherman for causing the rain.

whoman69
Nobody should root for the Chiefs to lose. We already established that in the suck for Luck talk. Do I expect the Chiefs to lose? Yes. Matt Cassel has to meet a simple minimum to keep his job, a playoff win. Right now this team looks worse than any team except the Cardinals and perhaps the Dolphins. I'd put us on par with Cleveland, but at least they drafted a QB.

jd1020
09-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Nobody should root for the Chiefs to lose. We already established that in the suck for Luck talk. Do I expect the Chiefs to lose? Yes. Matt Cassel has to meet a simple minimum to keep his job, a playoff win. Right now this team looks worse than any team except the Cardinals and perhaps the Dolphins. I'd put us on par with Cleveland, but at least they drafted a QB.

Stupid.

suds79

I'm not making a judgement one way or the other about losers sucking for Luck... I'm making a judgment about your education. Let me try to put it in verbiage you'll understand:

Talking my education and following up with worn out mom jokes. Are you 10? Truly your wit is too much for me. :rolleyes:

Luke Warm

ROFL

jd1020
09-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Talking my education and following up with worn out mom jokes. Are you 10? Truly your wit is too much for me. :rolleyes:

STFU looser.

Fire Me Boy!
09-05-2012, 12:31 PM

I'm such a looser.

BWillie
09-05-2012, 12:34 PM
If you want to go 5-11, you are not a real fan. There I said it. Bring back CP.

jd1020
09-05-2012, 12:36 PM
If you want to go 5-11, you are not a real fan. There I said it. Bring back CP.

Seriously. I'll be rooting for the Chiefs to win every week and come draft time I'll be rooting for the Chiefs to pick a QB before the end of round 2.

DaWolf
09-05-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't think it'll come down to wins and losses. I think we could go 10-6, and if Cassel is a key reason why we lost those 6 games, they would take a hard look at replacing him.

They key, however, is that a clear upgrade would need to be available. I'm not talking a David Garrard or something, or a Ryan Tannehill in the draft. They could end up drafting someone and still keep Cassel around to have the guy they drafted sit for another year.

I think in Pioli's mind, his idea coming into the year was let's see what Cassel does now that he's away from Haley. Meanwhile, let's sign Quinn to a one year deal and let Stanzi grow into the QB role. Over the next two years, if Cassel is good, then we can keep Cassel around with Stanzi the backup, and if he's not, it is easy enough to cut ties with him and go with Stanzi once he's had time to grow into the role.

The problem with that logic: neither Cassel or Stanzi are any good in my opinion.

I think it will be quite obvious to everyone on the coaching staff and front office as to what Cassel is made of this year. He's got no Haley around. Daboll is giving him free reign to make play call changes at the line. If Cassel is as smart as Pioli says, he should excel. If Cassel is as limited as we all think he is, he should be exposed rather quickly. The coaches will either gain or lose confidence in his abilities to run the offense at the line under duress pretty quickly. They're giving Cassel a lot of power this year, which I think will mean that more is expected, and if things aren't delivered, hopefully that's it...

Reerun_KC
09-05-2012, 12:53 PM

From Sooner Fan
Man OU and Landry looked like absolute dog shit Saturday night.
[9/4/2012 1:11:43 PM] Pathetic offense, pathetic o-line, and a QB that gets happy feet 2 seconds after the snap and makes terrible throws.
[9/4/2012 1:11:51 PM] I think they lose 3 games this year.
[9/4/2012 1:12:06 PM] Notre Dame, West Virginia and a bowl game.

No wonder some people want Jones, he is Cassel 2.0...

Mr. Laz
09-05-2012, 12:54 PM
hmmm ... choice is to finally win a playoff game or not?

derp,derp,derp

Unless you can guarantee me an Aaron Rogers-ish quarterback in the draft next year i will take the playoff win all day long. Not to mention keeping the Manning/broncos from winning the AFC west.

Lzen
09-05-2012, 01:56 PM
#1 easily.

SNR
09-05-2012, 02:48 PM
The hardest of hardcore drafturbators will take the playoff win.

Dumb thread. Dumb poster.

Munson
09-05-2012, 02:59 PM
A playoff win would give Pioli an excuse to re-sign Cassel. I know I'm not the only one who couldn't handle 4 or 5 more years of Cassel failing at QB.

Lonewolf Ed
09-05-2012, 03:10 PM
So with that 9th pick, they select a cornerback, safety, linebacker, or some other position other than quarterback. What difference is that going to make? May as well see them win some so it's fun during the season. This franchise doesn't know diddly about quarterbacks. If Cassel is gone, the only real question is which team's cast off game manager does KC sign?

CoMoChief
09-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Not having Carr is going to screw us hardcore.

B_Ambuehl
09-05-2012, 03:40 PM
How about option 3: Chiefs finish 5-11 - Pioli gets the axe, Cassel gets cut.

OctoberFart
09-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I'll take the "Matt Cassel dies in a car wreck" option.

Wow class act here.

Deberg_1990
09-05-2012, 03:42 PM
A playoff win would give Pioli an excuse to re-sign Cassel. I know I'm not the only one who couldn't handle 4 or 5 more years of Cassel failing at QB.

How would Cassel be failing by leading the team to the playoffs and winning a game?

Quite a quagmire isn't it?

O.city
09-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Broncos won the division and a playoff game last year, and are now starting a new QB.

Funny, this franchise hasn't won a playoff game in years and now playoff wins are bullshit.

saphojunkie
09-05-2012, 04:05 PM
From Sooner Fan
Man OU and Landry looked like absolute dog shit Saturday night.
[9/4/2012 1:11:43 PM] Pathetic offense, pathetic o-line, and a QB that gets happy feet 2 seconds after the snap and makes terrible throws.
[9/4/2012 1:11:51 PM] I think they lose 3 games this year.
[9/4/2012 1:12:06 PM] Notre Dame, West Virginia and a bowl game.

No wonder some people want Jones, he is Cassel 2.0...

I don't want Jones. I'm just being a dick saying that we'll finally draft a QB in the first, and it will be Jones, thus allowing us to have our shit and eat it too.

O.city
09-05-2012, 04:08 PM
To be honest, I don't even want a Matt Ryan type guy. I want a guy with a cannon. Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson.

saphojunkie
09-05-2012, 04:08 PM
The hardest of hardcore drafturbators will take the playoff win.

Dumb thread. Dumb poster.

Man, you skewered me.

el borracho
09-06-2012, 04:04 AM
Here are your options...

I don't really like either option. To me, it won't matter what kind of season Cassel has this year- he is not who I want at QB so any scenario with him coming back is unappealing.

Of course, even in obviously futile seasons (like this will be), I can't actively root for losses. Then again, losses matter much less when expectations are low (as they have been for such a very long time). I certainly won't be upset if/when the Chiefs lose a bunch of games this year.

Reerun_KC
09-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Wow class act here.Would you expect anything less from CP?

htismaqe
09-06-2012, 09:17 AM

Pioli doesn't need an excuse. He has all of the power.

If he wants Cassel, Cassel will be here regardless.

I'll take 10-6 and the playoff win.

O.city
09-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Whatever gets us a playoff win I guess, although i would eventually like to see a playoff run of some sorts.

Reerun_KC
09-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Pioli doesn't need an excuse. He has all of the power.

If he wants Cassel, Cassel will be here regardless.

I'll take 10-6 and the playoff win.

yes sir....:thumb:

PGM
09-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Haven't you heard?? The only way to get rid of a QB you don't want is to type about it on a message board 20 million times. We're almost there boys don't stop now!!!

MahiMike
09-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Suck for Luck was last year. We had our chance and blew it. Now pain and suffering for 40 more years.

saphojunkie
09-06-2012, 11:01 AM
I think that what I have learned from this thread is this:

Sure, people are angry at Pioli.
Sure, no one thinks Cassel is going to be good enough to win a Super Bowl. He might play QB for a SB winning team, but he won't go win one.
Sure, people are incredulous that this team will ever make the necessary moves to get a true franchise QB.

yet...

All of that means jack shit. We're all just starved for a winning postseason, and everything - EVERYTHING - will be forgotten or at least shelved with a win in the playoffs.

Rausch
09-06-2012, 11:03 AM
He might play QB for a SB winning team...

No, he won't.

EVAR.

This we all know. We are tired of knowing the limitations of our QB's better than the GM/Owner...