PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dexter McCluster will catch 90 balls

Pages : [1] 2

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 01:48 PM
According to Jim Zorn, who talked to this fan on an airplane.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/4/3291931/jim-zorns-brain-picked

Zorn loves McCluster, predicted he would have 90 catches this year. (so pick him up on your fantasy wire, I did..)

I'm utterly horrified if this account is true. This means:

A)I will be destroyed in another bet.

B)Our offense will be a joke if McCluster touches the ball that much.

Sofa King
09-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Who the **** is going to leave the lineup so he can do that?

EDIT: Time for a new QB coach.

Reerun_KC
09-06-2012, 01:49 PM
C) youre a complete failure when it comes to football knowledge.

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2012, 01:50 PM
90 seems a tad high...

Reerun_KC
09-06-2012, 01:50 PM
90 seems a tad high...

yeah one would think...

O.city
09-06-2012, 01:51 PM
If he has that many catches, how many does Bowe, Baldwin and Breaston get? We aren't gonna throw it that much.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-06-2012, 01:51 PM
most fantasy website still list him as a RB

suds79
09-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Zorn is high.

That would mean DBowe & Baldwin massively underperformed.

KCUnited
09-06-2012, 01:52 PM
6 bubble screens a game, sounds about right.

Chiefnj2
09-06-2012, 01:53 PM
•Zorn said this is really the first season he's had quality one on one time with Cassel. Said before everything went through Haley.
•Said Haley and everyone in the organization knew Haley had to go, it wasn't a good fit.
•I noted my biggest criticism of Cassel is he is hesitant in the pocket, that he has to wait for the WR to be open to pull the trigger, versus anticipating the open WR. Zorn said that's a New England/Tom Brady way of doing it, give the QB all day in the pocket to find the open WR. •Zorn said Cassel practiced mistakes last 2 years, wasn't corrected properly in practice.
•He likes Daboll's offense, said it's a blend of West Coast and vertical passing game.
•Zorn loves McCluster, predicted he would have 90 catches this year. (so pick him up on your fantasy wire, I did..)
•He wasn't impressed with Moeaki, mostly because he was injured in Zorn's first year, but he said Moeaki's tape was just OK, that he wanted to see it live before praising the kid.
•He heaped huge praise on Hillis, and said Charles still isn't 100% (at the start of camp).
•He didn't blame Bowe for not signing, said no matter when he shows up he'll be way behind, all it takes is missing mini camps.
•Zorn said he had offers to go and coach elsewhere but the Chiefs wouldn't let him out of his contract, and declined other teams interests in interviewing him. He wouldn't say where, but did say he was happy to stay, to work with Daboll and Romeo. I like that we have a coach in demand.

Detoxing
09-06-2012, 01:56 PM
•Zorn said this is really the first season he's had quality one on one time with Cassel. Said before everything went through Haley.
•Said Haley and everyone in the organization knew Haley had to go, it wasn't a good fit.
•I noted my biggest criticism of Cassel is he is hesitant in the pocket, that he has to wait for the WR to be open to pull the trigger, versus anticipating the open WR. Zorn said that's a New England/Tom Brady way of doing it, give the QB all day in the pocket to find the open WR. •Zorn said Cassel practiced mistakes last 2 years, wasn't corrected properly in practice.
•He likes Daboll's offense, said it's a blend of West Coast and vertical passing game.
•Zorn loves McCluster, predicted he would have 90 catches this year. (so pick him up on your fantasy wire, I did..)
•He wasn't impressed with Moeaki, mostly because he was injured in Zorn's first year, but he said Moeaki's tape was just OK, that he wanted to see it live before praising the kid.
•He heaped huge praise on Hillis, and said Charles still isn't 100% (at the start of camp).
•He didn't blame Bowe for not signing, said no matter when he shows up he'll be way behind, all it takes is missing mini camps.
•Zorn said he had offers to go and coach elsewhere but the Chiefs wouldn't let him out of his contract, and declined other teams interests in interviewing him. He wouldn't say where, but did say he was happy to stay, to work with Daboll and Romeo. I like that we have a coach in demand.

Interdasting.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Cassel and Dexter seem made for each other.

They could be like the toasty and crispy of the career-day defense, only on offense.

A true dynumbic duo.

Mr. Laz
09-06-2012, 02:03 PM
90 catches at 5-8 yrds a pop?

5/6 catches, 40 yrds a game

it's feasible for a few games but i just doubt it can be that consistent

Deberg_1990
09-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Awesome. The more touches the better for a playmaker like him.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
09-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Could Haley really have been taht bad for Cassel and the team overall?

doomy3
09-06-2012, 02:11 PM

Yes.

Sofa King
09-06-2012, 02:14 PM
90 catches at 5-8 yrds a pop?

5/6 catches, 40 yrds a game

it's feasible for a few games but i just doubt it can be that consistent

It'll be less than that. McCluster gets touched he goes down....

ChiefGator
09-06-2012, 02:14 PM
most fantasy website still list him as a RB

Yahoo has him as a RB, WR now, but only added the WR portion in the last week it seems. I dropped him for Ogletree but will keep an eye on him.

5-6 catches for 40 yards isn't that great though, even in PPR.

O.city
09-06-2012, 02:15 PM
I find it hard to believe that he was THAT toxic, caused that many problems with Cassel and the team, then was quickly signed by the Steelers to overhaul their offense.

HoneyBadger
09-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Maybe 90 touches.

Deberg_1990
09-06-2012, 02:19 PM
I find it hard to believe that he was THAT toxic, caused that many problems with Cassel and the team, then was quickly signed by the Steelers to overhaul their offense.

It's a good old boy league, Tuna has got his back.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
09-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Thinkin his Tuna connection is burned, seeing that Tuna's son in law just fired him.

Munson
09-06-2012, 02:22 PM
The only possible way I could see him with anywhere near 90 catches is if we are constantly playing from behind by double digits.

O.city
09-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Maybe the Chiefs are gonna toss it around more this year than we think they will.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Not buying.

Mr. Laz
09-06-2012, 02:27 PM
i don't know but he wasn't signed that quickly

in fact, get the feeling that if he didn't have steeler roots he wouldn't of gotten a OC level job at all. He probably would of had to go back to WR's.

Frosty
09-06-2012, 02:32 PM

I am having trouble believing that Zorn would be that forthcoming with some random dipshit on a plane.

Ace Gunner
09-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Maybe 90 touches.

Ya. Probably was what was said.

DaneMcCloud
09-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Thinkin his Tuna connection is burned, seeing that Tuna's son in law just fired him.

Steelers connection

DaFace
09-06-2012, 02:36 PM
It wouldn't entirely surprise me. Cassel's not going to start targeting guys 25 yards down the field out of nowhere, so I'm sure the underneath slants and crossing routes are going to be pretty common. And who is usually running those routes...?

O.city
09-06-2012, 02:39 PM
No wonder they don't want to sign Bowe then. Gotta save that money for Welker.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-06-2012, 02:40 PM
I am having trouble believing that Zorn would be that forthcoming with some random dipshit on a plane.

Cassel could have 5 days in the pocket and not find shit.

Radar Chief
09-06-2012, 02:42 PM

He chased off every offensive coordinator this team brought in, his shouting matches with Cassel and others are all over YouTube and I’ve only seen a head coach draw the personal foul penalty like three times before and two of those were high school level. :shrug: At least I would not deny the possibility.

loochy
09-06-2012, 02:42 PM
•I noted my biggest criticism of Cassel is he is hesitant in the pocket, that he has to wait for the WR to be open to pull the trigger, versus anticipating the open WR. Zorn said that's a New England/Tom Brady way of doing it, give the QB all day in the pocket to find the open WR.

Lies.

•Zorn said Cassel practiced mistakes last 2 years, wasn't corrected properly in practice.

Why the F not?

That doesn't make sense.

Retarded

Oh well. It's not like Cassel can get him the ball anyway.

Zorn STFU. Nobody wants you.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Cassel could have 5 days in the pocket and not find shit.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/casselsuxravens5.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Exxxxxxxxxxxactly.

O.city
09-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Wasn't Bowe single covered and open on that play?

notorious
09-06-2012, 02:56 PM
I REALLY hope that Haley was the reason that we sucked hard on offense.

Detoxing
09-06-2012, 02:57 PM
I REALLY hope that Haley was the reason that we sucked hard on offense.

Nope. It was Cassel. Sorry.

O.city
09-06-2012, 02:58 PM
I mean, I guess there is a chance Haley was the problem, but I'm not so sure.

notorious
09-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Nope. It was Cassel. Sorry.

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-06-2012, 03:00 PM
DAMNIT!!!!!!!!

No coach can polish that turd.

htismaqe
09-06-2012, 03:00 PM
So is everybody still gonna blame Haley when this team looks exactly like it did the past couple of years?

Crazy or not, he wasn't gonna suddenly turn Cassel into a real QB.

htismaqe
09-06-2012, 03:01 PM

Haley was the only problem. Buy your season tickets now! Chiefs50.com!

Count Zarth
Wasn't Bowe single covered and open on that play?

Cassel doesn't know what open is.

He knows what poo poo in his undies feels like, though.

notorious
So is everybody still gonna blame Haley when this team looks exactly like it did the past couple of years?

I know Cassel is the problem, I just have this retarded homer 1% hope that Haley was the problem.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:02 PM
What would Cassel have to do at this point, to change the proverbial mind of CP?

htismaqe
09-06-2012, 03:03 PM
I know Cassel is the problem, I just have this retarded homer 1% hope that Haley was the problem.

I don't.

Haley absolutely needed to go.

But this team is FAR from being "fixed".

Chiefnj2
09-06-2012, 03:04 PM

Do you want to wager? I'll bet KC scores 150 points more this season than last.

KCUnited
09-06-2012, 03:04 PM
What would Cassel have to do at this point, to change the proverbial mind of CP?

Not have to have an entire offensive game plan designed around his limitations.

Pestilence
09-06-2012, 03:06 PM

I put it in another post......but the following:

1. Throw for over 4000 yards.
2. Throw for more than 30 TDs.
3. Throw less than 15 INTs.
4. Have a winning record against playoff caliber teams.
5. Come from behind and win in at least 1 game (preferably 2) all because of him.

MagicHef
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/casselsuxravens5.gif

LMAO

Charles makes a great block, looks at the guy he blocked to make sure he wasn't still going, looks downfield to see what happened with the play, realizes Cassel STILL hasn't thrown the ball, and lunges out to try to block someone else.

You have to feel sorry for some of these guys. Charles isn't going to outlast Cassel's contract.

htismaqe

Complete 60% of his passes and throw for at least 7 yards per attempt.

Right now, they're inversely proportional for him - the higher his completion percentage, the lower his ypa and vice versa.

notorious

Be a good QB.

Pestilence

What is it with people and stupid fucking bets. The running game this year will make up at least 150 points.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-06-2012, 03:07 PM

http://youtu.be/j-iuIArton4

Radar Chief

A problem = yes; the problem = not so much.

O.city
Doesn't basically every NFL team design an offense around it's QB's weaknesses?

htismaqe

First of all, I said "last couple of years" so that would include 2010.

Even I assume they'll be better with Cassel than they were with Tyler fucking Palko.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:08 PM
I know you all are getting at Cassel being hte main problem, which he is a big problem, but he's not the only problem holding this team back.

htismaqe
09-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I know you all are getting at Cassel being hte main problem, which he is a big problem, but he's not the only problem holding this team back.

By the same token, a lot of people want to believe that HALEY was the main problem, including the people selling Chiefs tickets.

No, Cassel isn't the only problem. Neither was Haley.

This team is dysfunctional on many levels and in all likelihood, it starts right with the owner...

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:11 PM
So are you guys thinking that Hunt told Pioli that he couldn't spend so much money?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2012, 03:12 PM
It's been said all along he'd be the primary slot guy this season.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 03:13 PM
So are you guys thinking that Hunt told Pioli that he couldn't spend so much money?

Hunt probably approves a budget that Pioli presents.

I bet Hunt was just on cloud nine when he saw Pioli's Patriot Way budget.

They're bestest buddies.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:14 PM
So, is Hunt in the NFL business to actually make money? I was of the opinion that most of these guys don't really need any more money.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 03:14 PM
It's been said all along he'd be the primary slot guy this season.

Has it?

The only "evidence" for this was preseason games where Bowe was out/limited.

Been saying it for a month now: no reason for him to be on the field instead of Breaston or Baldwin.

Of course idiots here have already convinced themselves he's a better option in the passing game than Moeaki and Breaston.

Jayrodt
09-06-2012, 03:15 PM
I can see McCluster getting up to 90 catches. I'm thinking that we are going to see more of a rotation of receivers than we have in the past. McCluster is going to be our main slot guy, and Bowe/Breaston/Baldwin are going to rotate on the outside.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:15 PM
He's done more than Baldwin, at this point he should be ahead of him, right Clay?

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Bowe/Breaston/Baldwin are going to rotate on the outside.

Wide receiver by committee.

Sounds like a really good idea that will promote continuity and chemistry on the offense. :LOL:

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Bowe needs to be on the field for 70% of our passing plays atleast.

Pestilence
Bowe needs to be on the field for 70% of our passing plays atleast.

70%? He's our best WR. Go higher.

Pasta Giant Meatball
I saw it in an article that he'd remain the primary guy even when Bowe returns, that is also backed up by Breaston starting. All the recievers will split time.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 03:18 PM
He's done more than Baldwin, at this point he should be ahead of him, right Clay?

They have remarkably similar production as wide receivers to this point in their careers.

Baldwin is clearly a more talented player who is more of a threat downfield.

There is no fucking way this pipsqueak should be out there in 3 wide, barring one of our actual legit talents needing a breather.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Atleast Dexter can catch.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Hunt probably approves a budget that Pioli presents.

I bet Hunt was just on cloud nine when he saw Pioli's Patriot Way budget.

They're bestest buddies.

Must save money for soccer.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Yeah, it'll really suck seeing him move the chains by making grabs on 3rd down. Will be reeeall bad for the offense and keeping the D fresh.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:25 PM
If he helps the team score points and win games, why is it such a big deal?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2012, 03:26 PM
It isn't....except for people losing bets that don't care if they win or not.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 03:30 PM
If he helps the team score points and win games, why is it such a big deal?

People claim that Dex had a good season last year.

It sure didn't help the team score points or win games.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Didn't he score the only TD in a game we won 7 to 3?

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Atleast Dexter can catch.

We'll see how he does when the bullets are live.

All of his little short catches are going to be contested heavily, because people know what's coming.

There's not gonna be any of this "let Dex run free" like we saw in preseason.

I literally lol'd when I saw Dex pick up a first down on third and 1, with basically no one covering him on the play. The Seahawks conceded the catch and the first down.

His fans sure dug it, though.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:33 PM
So preseason counts when it helps the argument, but doesn't when it hurts? This what you are saying?

I literally lol'd at most of your posts. Troll.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 03:33 PM

Yes, congrats on that, and the Chicago game miracle. And that SD overtime bonanza.

Otherwise, dude didn't contribute to winning.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 03:34 PM
So preseason counts when it helps the argument, but doesn't when it hurts? This what you are saying?

I literally lol'd at most of your posts. Troll.

Do you really think defenses are going to let receivers run free with a 5-yard cushion on third and 1 in the regular season?

COME ON.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Thought he didn't help the team score points or win games?

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Do you really think defenses are going to let receivers run free with a 5-yard cushion on third and 1 in the regular season?

COME ON.

So you can use the preseason to lash on basically any Chief you want, but when it goes the other way........"It's just bullshit preseason, doesn't count".

Troll.

vailpass
09-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Only way he catches 90 balls is in a room with 45 gay guys.

Jayrodt
09-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Wide receiver by committee.

Sounds like a really good idea that will promote continuity and chemistry on the offense. :LOL:

Yeah, because having more than 2 guys on the offense that you want to give touches/targets at any one time is just not the Chiefs way.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:39 PM
He caught 46 balls last year. I'd say that's about what he will have again.

GordonGekko
09-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Only way he catches 90 balls is in a room with 45 gay guys.

:LOL:

and he did a little math here guys! guys.....

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2012, 03:41 PM
He'll certainly catch more than 20 LMAO

DaFace
09-06-2012, 03:41 PM

That's about where I'm at.

vailpass
09-06-2012, 03:43 PM
:LOL:

and he did a little math here guys! guys.....

Of course I did (was it right?)

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:45 PM
45 catches 600 yards 4 TD's.

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 03:46 PM

What if he actually DOES become our Welker in his third season?

Why would he come off of the field if that's the case.
If the guy actually does develop into a player like that, It would be HUGE with weapons like the ones we have on the outside. I've said all along though, that our outside guys, and defenses having to key on Charles coming out of the backfield is going to be big for McCluster and his production. People are so convinced that DMC is going to be nothing more than wr #4 that they are going to be shocked at the numbers he's going to put up.
People aren't going to be so pissed about his draft position after this season, I think.
Let's hope I'm right.

BossChief
09-06-2012, 03:47 PM

Yup, that was the Palko hail Mary against Chicago.

Iirc he also scored against Denver and it ended up the winning score.

Hey clay, better start saving up the money for jersey you're gonna buy me when DMC gets 600 yards this year.

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 03:48 PM
45 catches 600 yards 4 TD's.

This is EXACTLY whatI have been saying all along, and the reason I made the bet of 40 catches with Clay.

FTR, I do not think he will come anywhere near 90 balls.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:48 PM
If he catches 90 balls, we are in trouble. He's not nearly that good of a playmaker. 45 might be a little high.

NJChiefsFan
09-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Color me surprised that being wrong on a bet comes before the affect it has on the Chiefs.

BossChief
09-06-2012, 03:51 PM
If he catches 90 passes, he probably got open 400 times with old tunnel eyes at qb.

HemiEd
09-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Go Dexter!

BossChief
09-06-2012, 03:52 PM
My educated guess was 60 touches for 600 yards and 6 tds.

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 03:53 PM
So you can use the preseason to lash on basically any Chief you want, but when it goes the other way........"It's just bullshit preseason, doesn't count".

Troll.
Whatever supports his argument. He's a joke. He's set up to lose every bet he's made. It's gonna be one of the biggest fails in the history of CP

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 03:54 PM
If he catches 90 passes, he probably got open 400 times with old tunnel eyes at qb.

Actually it's going to be: First read is not wide open, 7 yard crossing route to DMC...A lot.

Deberg_1990
09-06-2012, 03:54 PM
He also talked about alot of other stuff.....Discuss......

•I noted my biggest criticism of Cassel is he is hesitant in the pocket, that he has to wait for the WR to be open to pull the trigger, versus anticipating the open WR. Zorn said that's a New England/Tom Brady way of doing it, give the QB all day in the pocket to find the open WR.
•Zorn said Cassel practiced mistakes last 2 years, wasn't corrected properly in practice.

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Color me surprised that being wrong on a bet comes before the affect it has on the Chiefs.

He knows that he's going to lose all those bets now, and be exposed as the least knowledgeable poster here.
He should have just stuck to the vids and gifs. That stuff is really enjoyable.
His football takes are almost impossible to read.

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 04:02 PM
If he catches 90 balls, we are in trouble. He's not nearly that good of a playmaker. 45 might be a little high.

What is going to matter is whether he gets open, and those catches result in first downs. 45-50 for 10-12 a pop is the perfect number for a player like him.

Detoxing
09-06-2012, 04:03 PM
He also talked about alot of other stuff.....Discuss......

Q

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2012, 04:04 PM

Agreed.

He catches 45 balls, it's at the expense of a better player.

We might throw the ball 450 times this year.

Bowe should get 150-175 targets.

Baldwin around 75-100.

Breaston around 75.

On the low end, that leaves 150 targets for Charles, Hillis, Boss and Moeaki.

IIRC, Charles alone had somewhere around 70 targets in his big 2010 season.

Let's say the backs split 75 targets.

That leaves 75 for the TE's to split.

So unless we through the ball 500+ times - which hasn't happened ONCE since Cassel became the QB - any touches DMc gets are just stealing opportunities from a better player.

He's the 8th option, and he's probably going to get more than 50 targets.

What does that tell you about our offense?

saphojunkie
09-06-2012, 04:05 PM
What is going to matter is whether he gets open, and those catches result in first downs. 45-50 for 10-12 a pop is the perfect number for a player like him.

It will probably be 7-9 a pop, but yeah. He's going to be our third down guy, you just know it.

Hey man, if they figured out a way to actually use him effectively, then that's fan-freaking-tastic.

I was one thinking he wouldn't make the roster. My brother said I was insane, and he's going to have a big year.

We're probably both wrong, but for now, he has bragging rights.

saphojunkie
09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Agreed.

Baldwin around 75-100.

Breaston around 75.

So unless we through the ball 500+ times - which hasn't happened ONCE since Cassel became the QB - any touches DMc gets are just stealing opportunities from a better player.

He will steal them from Breaston, hopefully, if it has to be someone.

BossChief
09-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Whatever supports his argument. He's a joke. He's set up to lose every bet he's made. It's gonna be one of the biggest fails in the history of CP

I don't think that's it.

The guy used to be ultra homer with zero objectivity and he got consistently called on it and saw the Drafturbators getting respect for being "objective" (which is translated to pessimistic in cp terms) so he started down that path trying to gain the respect for all the hours he spends trying to learn about the intricacies of the sport at this level and that didn't really work either.

Now, he is just trolling most of the time IMO...

At one point, the guy will find his middle ground and start banging it out like yours truly, but it's a process.

Detoxing
09-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Agreed.

Baldwin around 75-100.

Breaston around 75.

Missing one important thing here:

Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston "X" TE will never see those targets because they'll be running more than 10 yards downfield.

McCluster can certainly achieve 45+ because he's going to be Cassel's check down safety net.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2012, 04:12 PM
He will steal them from Breaston, hopefully, if it has to be someone.

Breaston was 11th out of 53 in catch percentage last year among players with at least 80 targets.

I'd rather SB get those targets.

BossChief
09-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Agreed.

Baldwin around 75-100.

Breaston around 75.

That they still don't know exactly how to properly use the kid to maximize his potential and that many on CP vastly undervalue DMC because they weren't happy with where he was chosen in the draft.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Missing one important thing here:

Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston "X" TE will never see those targets because they'll be running more than 10 yards downfield.

McCluster can certainly achieve 45+ because he's going to be Cassel's check down safety net.

Thank you for answering my question.

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I don't think that's it.

The guy used to be ultra homer with zero objectivity and he got consistently called on it and saw the Drafturbators getting respect for being "objective" (which is translated to pessimistic in cp terms) so he started down that path trying to gain the respect for all the hours he spends trying to learn about the intricacies of the sport at this level and that didn't really work either.

Now, he is just trolling most of the time IMO...

At one point, the guy will find his middle ground and start banging it out like yours truly, but it's a process.
I agree to an extent.
It is sad and pathetic. It's a childlike need for attention.
His lack of objectivity is the reason it's so annoying too.
On one hand, I hate to see him do this crap because I like his dedication to this team, and have always liked the guy, and don't want to see him look so stupid...and of course enjoy his vids, and gifed up.
And on the other hand, I'm really looking forward to this team proving him wrong, pounding his inflexible takes into the ground, and forcing him to take a much needed sabbatical, in hopes that he comes back with head screwed on right.

Detoxing
09-06-2012, 04:22 PM
many on CP vastly undervalue DMC because they weren't happy with where he was chosen in the draft.

This is what irritates me about CP. When Baldwin has a great TC, it's "OMG BALDWIN IS GONNA BEAST"....then he doesn't show up in Preseason, McCluster has a great preseason and then we hear, "IT DOESN'T COUNT, IT'S PRESEASON".

People have this blind hatred & bias for McCluster just because of where he was drafted. It's ridiculous. No matter what this kid does, he can't win with some of you.

Why? Because Pioli picked him the 2nd.

Boo ****ing whoooo. Get over it. It was 3 goddamn years ago.

The Midget has done enough this preseason and TC to show an OBJECTIONABLE person that he can in fact contribute to this offense, and by the looks of it, the Chiefs are planning on using him a lot. Anyone with eyes can see that.

McCluster may not be great, but he's not bad either.

If on the field production means ANYTHING....then he does in fact deserve more targets than guys like Baldwin and Moeaki, because he has out produced them and has done more with his opportunities than they have.

But of course, CP will continue turning a blind eye to that because, well.....because he was picked in the 2nd round.

Discuss Thrower
09-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Doesn't the fact that KC signed Boss hint at using both him and Moeaki in a very very VERY poor man's attempt to replicate NE's offense?

That is unless Boss was signed purely for depth...

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 04:24 PM
I also have no problem with him being against this regime, and wanting it gone. That's his own opinion, and I respect it, if that's how he feels.

Detoxing
09-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Doesn't the fact that KC signed Boss hint at using both him and Moeaki in a very very VERY poor man's attempt to replicate NE's offense?

Im sure they will be using plenty of two TE sets.

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 04:26 PM
This is what irritates me about CP. When Baldwin has a great TC, it's "OMG BALDWIN IS GONNA BEAST"....then he doesn't show up in Preseason, McCluster has a great preseason and then we hear, "IT DOESN'T COUNT, IT'S PRESEASON".

People have this blind hatred & bias for McCluster just because of where he was drafted. It's ridiculous. No matter what this kid does, he can't win with some of you.

The Midget has done enough this preseason and TC to show an OBJECTIONABLE person that he can in fact contribute to this offense, and by the looks of it, the Chiefs are planning on using him a lot. Anyone with eyes can see that.

If on the field production means ANYTHING....then he does in fact deserve more targets than guys like Baldwin and Moeaki, because he has out produced them and has done more with his opportunities than they have.

But of course, CP will continue turning a blind eye to that because, well.....because he was picked in the 2nd round.

I've repeated this many times. They just can't get over it, and can't get past the negative feelings that it conjures up in them every time they hear his name. Had he been taken in the 4th-5th, they would love the guy, and be dying to see him play this season.

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 04:28 PM

Not really. Having two TEs is not exactly something that NE invented. They just happen to have Gronk.
Not to mention Moeaki missed all of last season so we kind of needed another reliable TE ya think?

BossChief
09-06-2012, 04:29 PM

This post should be met with thunderous applause...but it wont.

We both know why.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2012, 04:34 PM

I think even people that hated the pick agree that he can contribute.

I think the issue some have is why he's going to get 50+ targets and cut into the opportunities for better players - Matt Cassel.

You give an OC a QB without Cassel's limitations, and I don't see Dex being much of a factor - because the QB can get the ball downfield to our bigger weapons.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find an OC that is going to go out of their way to get Dex that many touches when he has Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Charles, Hillis, Boss and Moeaki available to him.

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Agreed.

Baldwin around 75-100.

Breaston around 75.

How do you feel about the team this season?
How many wins do you see?

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2012, 04:41 PM
How do you feel about the team this season?
How many wins do you see?

I don't feel much different than any other year. We're still trying to play 1994 football in 2012.

The only thing that would really surprise me is more than 10 wins.

I can see as low as 6, or as high as 10. I'm thinking in the end, we're looking at an 8-8 team, partly because we play in such a shitty division.

Should be an interesting year regardless.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-06-2012, 04:44 PM

Bullshit. He's one of the best in the league, and we're lucky we have him.

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 04:45 PM

I think the issue some have is why he's going to get 50+ targets and cut into the opportunities for better players - Matt Cassel.

You give an OC a QB without Cassel's limitations, and I don't see Dex being much of a factor - because the QB can get the ball downfield to our bigger weapons.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find an OC that is going to go out of their way to get Dex that many touches when he has Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Charles, Hillis, Boss and Moeaki available to him.
Zorn seems to think that maybe the talent difference between him, and some of those guys isn't as large as some around here do. Who's to say he's wrong?
The guy THREW (not through) like 100 TDs to Steve Largent.
Largent had 33 receptions his 2nd season BTW. Something tells me that a lot of guys around here would feel like Largent would not deserve to be stealing catches from better players if we picked his midget ass in the 2nd round.

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying that DMC is Largent. Don't even try.

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 04:47 PM
I don't feel much different than any other year. We're still trying to play 1994 football in 2012.

The only thing that would really surprise me is more than 10 wins.

I can see as low as 6, or as high as 10. I'm thinking in the end, we're looking at an 8-8 team, partly because we play in such a shitty division.

Should be an interesting year regardless.

Sounds totally reasonable.

Ceej
09-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Zorn seems to think that maybe the talent difference between him, and some of those guys isn't as large as some around here do. Who's to say he's wrong?
The guy THREW (not through) like 100 TDs to Steve Largent.
Largent had 33 receptions his 2nd season BTW. Something tells me that a lot of guys around here would feel like Largent would not deserve to be stealing catches from better players if we picked his midget ass in the 2nd round.

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying that DMC is Largent. Don't even try.

This was also in the 80s-90s.

The game has changed monumentally since then.

Detoxing
09-06-2012, 04:49 PM

Sure. A better QB could utilize those tools given to him. But that doesn't mean throwing hte ball the Dexter is a bad idea.

The dude has caught nearly everything thrown at him, despite his size. So unless the QB missed a wide open receiver down the field, i don't see why throwing the ball to McCluster is going to be a negative.

He's not going to steal Catches from Bowe. Breaston is going to get his. Baldwin has to prove he's reliable, which he hasn't done yet. Boss and Moeaki aren't phenomenal players where you can legitimately sit back and say "WOW, they better not cut into their opportunities".

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 04:51 PM
This was also in the 80s-90s.

The game has changed monumentally since then.

I know. Largent may have caught twice as many balls in today's NFL.

Ceej
09-06-2012, 04:52 PM
I know. Largent may have caught twice as many balls in today's NFL.

Or half as many.

All hypothetical speak, of course.

jspchief
09-06-2012, 04:53 PM

Yeah, I don't really care about where he was drafted.

But I hate that he may end up being the crutch for Cassel. I also hate the idea of a slot WR running short crossing routes as our passing focus.

beach tribe
09-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Or half as many.

All hypothetical speak, of course.

Yeah, it's much harder for Wrs these days.

OnTheWarpath58
Sure. A better QB could utilize those tools given to him. But that doesn't mean throwing hte ball the Dexter is a bad idea.

The dude has caught nearly everything thrown at him, despite his size. So unless the QB missed a wide open receiver down the field, i don't see why throwing the ball to McCluster is going to be a negative.

Considering this has been discussed here regularly by people that attend the games...

Let's face it, dude had what people perceive to be a good PS because he was the only guy Cassel threw the ball to.

I went to the 2nd and 3rd PS game, and there were WR's regularly running open downfield, and Cassel was checking down to Dex without looking elsewhere.

Forgive me if I'm bummed that we have some pretty decent offensive weapons that aren't getting enough chances to make plays because our QB has tunnel vision for a less talented guy.

OnTheWarpath58

But I hate that he may end up being the crutch for Cassel. I also hate the idea of a slot WR running short crossing routes as our passing focus.

Exactly.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:12 PM
If you watched the game last night, both qb's used release valves and checkdowns quite often. However, it was after they had given the downfield options a lean.

I think the Chiefs throw it more than they have in the past, or maybe I'm just hoping they will.

Marcellus
09-06-2012, 05:13 PM
I doubt it happens but I am still searching for a way that any of our WR could have 90 catches and it be a bad thing.

DMC is supposed to fill the Welker type slot roll, so 90 catches would be doing that job.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:14 PM

Troll.

Incorrect.

I have given credit to Chiefs for doing well in preseason.

But mostly we looked like shit and that should be recognized.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Thought I remembered you saying, after preseason game 1, that preseason doesn't matter? Could be wrong tho.

Marcellus
09-06-2012, 05:16 PM

Bill Belichick, Wes Welker, and Tom Brady would like to see you in the office.

Maybe we should make the TE passing game the focus? Nope that will never work in the NFL...........oooops.

Maybe most teams and fans of most teams get trapped in a box and don't realize you don't have to do things one certain way for things to work?

Just maybe.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:17 PM
90 of these kinds of catches is not a good thing people. This is why I hate this idea.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/fail2.gif

And this is literally all Dex has ever done as a receiver.

Is he even capable of running a 15-yard dig, catching the ball and taking a hit from a safety?

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:17 PM

Maybe we should make the TE passing game the focus? Nope that will never work in the NFL...........oooops.

Maybe most teams and fans of most teams get trapped in a box and don't realize you don't have to do things one certain way for things to work?

Just maybe.

We are missing one piece to that puzzle.

Marcellus
09-06-2012, 05:18 PM
90 of these kinds of catches is not a good thing people. This is why I hate this idea.

Is he even capable of running a 15-yard dig, catching the ball and taking a hit from a safety?

90 1st downs would be a huge let down. Especially since we won't gain any yards on any of the other 850 plays we run on offense during the year.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:19 PM

Dude.

CALL ME when Dex does this.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/3010005_o.gif

Marcellus
09-06-2012, 05:19 PM
We are missing one piece to that puzzle.

Cassel can throw the ball 10 yards. In fact that style of offense fits his skill set perfectly.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:20 PM
90 1st downs would be a huge let down. Especially since we won't gain any yards on any of the other 850 plays we run on offense during the year.

Bro.

That is not a first down.

Not. Even. Close.

Marcellus
Dude.

Should be a lock now that you said that since you have been wrong on every other statement you have made about him so far.

O.city

If we are asking our slot wr to run many 15 yard dig routes, we might have a problem.

TE, maybe.

Marcellus
09-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Bro.

That is not a first down.

Not. Even. Close.

I guess I was judging it on all the catches he has had so far this preseason.

Edit: If DMC has 90 catches how many would you figure go for a 1st down?

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:22 PM
I guess I was judging it on all the catches he has had so far this preseason.

Doesn't count. Won't be open in the real games.

Pestilence
09-06-2012, 05:22 PM

Just maybe.

Dexter McCluster is not Wes Welker.

Matt Cassel is not Tom Brady.

Tony Moeaki is not Aaron Hernandez.

Kevin Boss is not Rob Gronkowski.

Marcellus
09-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Dexter McCluster is not Wes Welker.

Matt Cassel is not Tom Brady.

Tony Moeaki is not Aaron Hernandez.

Kevin Boss is not Rob Gronkowski.

Thanks for the update and thanks for missing the point entirely.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:23 PM
I
The guy used to be ultra homer with zero objectivity.

LMAO

Should I go dig up some posts where I hated on Vermeil? Herm? Gunther?

You are silly.

FYI, I was homer for the Pioli regime, Cassel AND Haley until it was clear they sucked ass.

I'm just ahead of the curve.

Pestilence
09-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the update and thanks for missing the point entirely.

Then don't fucking compare the two offenses.

Marcellus
LMAO

Should I go dig up some posts where I hated on Vermeil? Herm? Gunther?

You are silly.

FYI, I was homer for the Pioli regime, Cassel AND Haley until it was clear they sucked ass.

I'm just ahead of the curve.

See my sig. That was 2010 end of the season.

Count Zarth
Should be a lock now that you said that since you have been wrong on every other statement you have made about him so far.

I was right about him being a shitty RB.

Marcellus
09-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Then don't ****ing compare the two offenses.

Again you are missing the point.

Marcellus
I was right about him being a shitty RB.

Yup 6 ypc worth of suck.

Count Zarth
See my sig. That was 2010 end of the season.

Yes. A great example of how fair and balanced I was.

I pretty much hated Cassel at the time, yet gave him credit for a job well done.

If only we could all be so unbiased.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Yup 6 ypc worth of suck.

Is this really an argument?

If he was a good RB, he'd still be a RB. LMAO

He's not, and I have complete confidence he will prove he is not a good WR this year.

Marcellus
Yes. A great example of how fair and balanced I was.

I pretty much hated Cassel at the time, yet gave him credit for a job well done.

If only we could all be so unbiased.

LMAO

You are as unbiased as Knowmo.

O.city
You aren't going to be able to press it down the field every play, need a guy who can catch balls underneath. Dexter showed in the preseason he can get open when matched on lbs and safeties.

Should he be a focal point? Hell no. Can he help this offense? Sure.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Clay's not biased, he just doesn't use and gray area, project that a talented player will do anything, or be optimistic.

He's solely using previous history and black and white.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:29 PM
If we are asking our slot wr to run many 15 yard dig routes, we might have a problem.

The problem is throwing 90 5-yard dumpoffs to a guy who can't make people miss.

That's what Dex is good for.

Is he good for a corner route? No.

Is he good for a post? No.

Is he good for a dig? No.

He can run the out, a short drag across the middle, the bubble screen, and MAYBE a slant if he can hold onto the ball and take a hit.

He's pretty limited as a WR because of his size, lack of speed, etc.

Yet he needs 90 catches according to our QB coach.

If Dex has 90 catches, Dwayne Bowe needs 140.

Marcellus
09-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Clay's not biased, he just doesn't use and gray area, project that a talented player will do anything, or be optimistic.

He's solely using previous history and black and white.

I was going to post this exact same thing. I don't think Dex is a stud but I dont think he sucks either.

To Clay players are all pro or giant turds. He has Casselitis for every player.

No objectivity period. Many people here think if a guy isn't a probowler they suck.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:31 PM
The problem is throwing 90 5-yard dumpoffs to a guy who can't make people miss.

That's what Dex is good for.

Is he good for a corner route? No.

Is he good for a post? No.

Is he good for a dig? No.

He can run the out, a short drag across the middle, the bubble screen, and MAYBE a slant if he can hold onto the ball and take a hit.

He's pretty limited as a WR because of his size, lack of speed, etc.

Yet he needs 90 catches according to our QB coach.

If Dex has 90 catches, Dwayne Bowe needs 140.

Did he run any corner routes in the preseason? Think so, or it might have actually been a 7 or corner route.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Clay's not biased, he just doesn't use and gray area,

This is wrong, too.

Guys like Asamoah, Hudson, Belcher, Jackson, Lewis, Arenas.

They are neither trash nor elite, and I've said as much.

Dexter McCluster and Matt Cassel are below average players, and they sucked ass in the biggest game we've played two years ago, and I hate them, and they have driven me insane.

And so I have about 20,000 posts about them.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Did he run any corner routes in the preseason? Think so, or it might have actually been a 7 or corner route.

I take it back, he did have the one catch against Arizona.

He was open by 10 yards because of a play fake and the corner completely ignoring Dexter.

I bet that happens a lot this year. LMAO

Marcellus
09-06-2012, 05:33 PM

He was open by 10 yards because of a play fake and the corner completely ignoring Dexter.

You should be a coach, you know everything that going to happen before it does, except you are usually wrong.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Many people here think if a guy isn't a probowler they suck.

Not me.

I'm one of the few Jovan Belcher supporters around here.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:34 PM
You should be a coach, you know everything that going to happen before it does, except you are usually wrong.

Can you explain what Dexter did in preseason that was impressive?

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:35 PM
This is wrong, too.

Guys like Asamoah, Hudson, Belcher, Jackson, Lewis, Arenas.

They are neither trash nor elite, and I've said as much.

Dexter McCluster and Matt Cassel are below average players, and they sucked ass in the biggest game we've played two years ago, and I hate them, and they have driven me insane.

And so I have about 20,000 posts about them.

I'm not saying you don't do that, I'm just saying you aren't optimistic. Baldwin has what is reported to be a great TC, doesn't matter to you. That's fine, because in reality you are right, he hasn't done anything of substance at this point.

People just get upset because you drone on about him being a drop machine, because it kills their hope or thoughts of what they think he is/willbe.

If that makes sense. I'm actually trying to pay you a compliment. You aren't biased. I think you are dramatic and at times go to extremes to get attention and tow the troll line quite often, but what you say for the most part, is the truth, fans just don't want to hear it.

Marcellus
09-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Can you explain what Dexter did in preseason that was impressive?

He lead the team in receptions, what did he do to disappoint?

I almost forgot, his TD rid us of you for a couple weeks too.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:36 PM

Thought he had a few catches against STL and Seattle.

jspchief
09-06-2012, 05:40 PM

Just maybe.

Come on man. Please tell me you don't think we are going to be able to emulate NE's offense.

Defenses are scared of what Brady can do throwing downfield. Defenses playing KC will already be stacking the box due to our running and Kasl not being a threat to go deep. It's not going to have the same effect for the Chiefs.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Hey clay, better start saving up the money for jersey you're gonna buy me when DMC gets 600 yards this year.

90 catches for 600 yards.

Dex is gonna work hard for that jersey.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Actually, isn't Brady not really rated that highly as a deep ball guy? Could be wrong here.

Count Zarth
Thought he had a few catches against STL and Seattle.

Yeah.

Friggin dumpoffs.

O.city
Dexter basically averaged 10 yards per catch in the PS. If he does that in the regular season, I'd be ecstatic.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah.

Friggin dumpoffs.

Long against the Hawks was 18 yards. Either it was a deeper throw, or he caught a short pass and made a guy miss. Which is it.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:43 PM

Guess what?!?!

He led the team in receptions during the 2011 preseason, too.

He's a big fake.

When the real bullets start flying he looks like trash.

Pestilence
09-06-2012, 05:44 PM

So on that note......Nate Eachus deserves 15 carries a game.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2012, 05:45 PM

LMAO

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Long against the Hawks was 18 yards. Either it was a deeper throw, or he caught a short pass and made a guy miss. Which is it.

It was about a 12-yard out.

He can that route.

I'm sure opponents won't be sitting on it this year.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:46 PM
You know that throw Miles A. caught for a td last night? We should throw atleast 5 of those per game with Baldwin and Bowe on the outside.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:48 PM
It was about a 12-yard out.

He can that route.

I'm sure opponents won't be sitting on it this year.

So he caught a pass over 10 yards AND made a guy miss for 6 extra yards? Wow. Playmaker.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:49 PM
So he caught a pass over 10 yards AND made a guy miss for 6 extra yards? Wow. Playmaker.

He didn't make anyone miss. He was being chased and got some YAC.

It was honestly a nice play.

More of that, fewer bullshit dumpoffs.

jspchief
09-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Actually, isn't Brady not really rated that highly as a deep ball guy? Could be wrong here.

He's not a bomber, but he'll take advantage of one on ones. He can use the entire field.

The point is, you can't say "2 TE sets own" or "we'll just use him like Welker" without taking the entire picture into account. Mark Kasl doesn't dissect defenses like Tom Brady.

-King-
09-06-2012, 05:50 PM

McCluster played against starters though .
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:50 PM
He's not a bomber, but he'll take advantage of one on ones. He can use the entire field.

The point is, you can't say "2 TE sets own" or "we'll just use him like Welker" without taking the entire picture into account. Mark Kasl doesn't dissect defenses like Tom Brady.

Oh I'm not trying to dispute, I was just saying that the Pats don't exactly use the same route usage as say the Lions, but we don't exactly have the same kinda guy driving the bus.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Clay, do you want Dexter to make plays to help us win? Legitimately hope he makes plays to help this team win?

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:52 PM
what you say for the most part, is the truth, fans just don't want to hear it.

Everyone will be on my side in two months.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Clay, do you want Dexter to make plays to help us win? Legitimately hope he makes plays to help this team win?

Of course.

I want that little bastard to be Dante Hall 2.0.

Unfortunately he seems to be JJ Moses 2.0.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Dexter makes a clutch play in the 4th quarter, late in December, in Denver to put us in field goal range to clinch the division and a bye.

Clay is......

A. Pumped
B. Pissed
C. Suicidal

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Of course.

Maybe he will be. He seems to be taking to the slot this preseason.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Dexter makes a clutch play in the 4th quarter, late in December, in Denver to put us in field goal range to clinch the division and a bye.

Clay is......

A. Pumped
B. Pissed
C. Suicidal

D. Waiting for Succop to shank that motherfucker.

O.city
09-06-2012, 06:01 PM
There's the pessimist we've all come to know and love.

-King-
09-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Of course.

Dante Hall was worse than McCluster on offense though.
Posted via Mobile Device

jspchief
09-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Agree. My concern is that he will be Hall. A guy that the team tries too hard to get involved, with mediocre results.

BossChief
09-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Hey OTWP...legit question.

If we had drafted CJ Spiller at 5 (a move you would have applauded) and he had the same production as Dexter has had, don't you think you would be defending him?

I mean, you had him as your top guy if we weren't gonna take Clausen and were gonna pass on Berry... because of Spillers versatility....basically the exact same stuff you seem to clown on Dexter McCluster for.

Dexter McCluster
114 carries for 526 yards and a TD. 4.5 YPC
46 catches for 328 yards and a TD. 7.1 YPC
854 offensive yards on 160 touches

CJ Spiller
107 carries for 561 yards and 4 touchdowns. 5.2 average
39 receptions for 269 yards and 2 touchdowns. 6.9 TPC
830 offensive yards on 146 touches

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

As a wide receiver he kicks Dexter's ass all over the place and it's not even close.

BigRock
09-06-2012, 06:40 PM

I sat next to Daboll on the bus and he said all the same stuff.

BossChief
09-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Hey OTWP...legit question.

If we had drafted CJ Spiller at 5 (a move you would have applauded) and he had the same production as Dexter has had, don't you think you would be defending him?

I mean, you had him as your top guy if we weren't gonna take Clausen and were gonna pass on Berry... because of Spillers versatility....basically the exact same stuff you seem to clown on Dexter McCluster for.

Dexter McCluster
114 carries for 526 yards and a TD. 4.5 YPC
46 catches for 328 yards and a TD. 7.1 YPC
854 offensive yards on 160 touches

CJ Spiller
107 carries for 561 yards and 4 touchdowns. 5.2 average
39 receptions for 269 yards and 2 touchdowns. 6.9 TPC
830 offensive yards on 146 touches

Lets also take into account that Dexter was the 36th overall pick and you seemingly hate him and CJ Spiller would have been 5th overall (even though we already had Jamaal Charles).

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 06:44 PM
I haven't seen OTWP defending Spiller at all.

I bet there are Bills fans who think Spiller is a playmaker, though.

Fun fact: CJ Spiller was ranked 12 spots ahead of Dexter in elusiveness. LMAO

WhiteWhale
09-06-2012, 06:47 PM
90 catches for 680 yards and 1 TD.

I can see it now. Totally believable.

QuikSsurfer
09-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Of course.

Huh?? What did Dante Hall do on offense aside from 1 play against Denver?

Dexter is much better on offense than Dante --- you know that!!!11!!!eleventy!!

QuikSsurfer
09-06-2012, 06:49 PM
As a wide receiver he kicks Dexter's ass all over the place and it's not even close.

Oh god.... maybe my memory is bad... but

http://i.minus.com/iblmyi7oGRSGu.gif

BossChief
09-06-2012, 06:53 PM
I haven't seen OTWP defending Spiller at all.

I bet there are Bills fans who think Spiller is a playmaker, though.

Fun fact: CJ Spiller was ranked 12 spots ahead of Dexter in elusiveness. LMAO

I genuinely want to hear his response.

All of his reasonings for backing Spiller at 5 were the exact same things DMC has been doing (versatility being a major component)...so if he is being fair and objective, he should think that DMC deserves a larger role and that he was a good value where he was chosen in the draft...or say that CJ Spiller was a bust (which he clearly wasn't/isn't...he is just stuck behind a really good back).

I guess I dont understand hating Dexter McCluster for the same reasons he gave for wanting to draft a production comparable player at 5th overall.

QuikSsurfer
09-06-2012, 06:57 PM

http://i.imgur.com/lsTnS.png

BossChief
Dante Halls best production year was under 500 combined offensive yards.

BossChief

http://i.imgur.com/lsTnS.png

You son of a bitch

WhiteWhale
09-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Dante was a great decoy.

We faked to him a lot (5 times a game or more) and it usually resulted in a big gain on a screen, run, or pass. Teams over-reacted to him on the field and it often opened up other players. Al Saunders was VERY creative and I really do think McCluster would be best served in a similar role.

Not running drags for 5 yards a pop.

CoMoChief
09-06-2012, 07:06 PM
D. Waiting for Succop to shank that mother****er.

This x100

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Dante Halls best production year was under 500 combined offensive yards.

So?

We're talking about WR production.

Dex has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING as a WR.

Until he catches 40 passes AS A WIDE RECEIVER he is SHIT compared to Dante Hall.

BossChief
09-06-2012, 07:11 PM
He created separation and caught the ball routinely against starting/nickel players in the PS, did he not?

mcaj22
09-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Dante was a great decoy.

We faked to him a lot (5 times a game or more) and it usually resulted in a big gain on a screen, run, or pass. Teams over-reacted to him on the field and it often opened up other players. Al Saunders was VERY creative and I really do think McCluster would be best served in a similar role.

Not running drags for 5 yards a pop.

problem is McCluster is a turtle compared to Dante Hall's speed and it would take a lot of breakaway runs by McCluster before teams will even respect it like they did Hall

WhiteWhale
09-06-2012, 07:18 PM
problem is McCluster is a turtle compared to Dante Hall's speed and it would take a lot of breakaway runs by McCluster before teams will even respect it like they did Hall

True.

It should be noted that by the time Hall was starting his 3rd season KC fans hated him, thought he sucked, and wanted JJ moses to take his job.

I can't say everyone, but the damn majority sure as hell did. Hall was more hated by KC fans than McCluster is at this stage of his career.

Chief3188
09-06-2012, 07:22 PM
So?

We're talking about WR production.

Dex has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING as a WR.

Until he catches 40 passes AS A WIDE RECEIVER he is SHIT compared to Dante Hall.

He did have 46 catches last season. How many of Dante's receptions were as a WR and not just a screen pass?

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 07:23 PM
He did have 46 catches last season. How many of Dante's receptions were as a WR and not just a screen pass?

Plenty. He was split out a lot more often than he was in the backfield. He almost never caught screens.

Dex caught everything out of the backfield last year. Everything.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 07:25 PM
He created separation and caught the ball routinely against starting/nickel players in the PS, did he not?

On maybe like two plays.

If you go back and look at his catches against Arizona, there is not much separation. The DB is right on his hip.

Most of his catches he was running free through zones, the catches were conceded. It was pretty unimpressive stuff that any scrub could have done.

O.city
09-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Clay is going to no ends to put down Dex, it's quite fun to watch.

He made catches, but he wasn't really open, anyone could do it.

:popcorn:

mcaj22
09-06-2012, 07:32 PM
at least when i hate on Jalil Brown or that midget Arenas it is justified.

O.city
09-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Arenas is decent, but Brown, to this point, not so decent.

JASONSAUTO
09-06-2012, 07:37 PM
His catches were conceded?

Why did they let him catch the ball?
Posted via Mobile Device

QuikSsurfer
09-06-2012, 07:39 PM
On maybe like two plays.

If you go back and look at his catches against Arizona, there is not much separation. The DB is right on his hip.

Most of his catches he was running free through zones, the catches were conceded. It was pretty unimpressive stuff that any scrub could have done.

http://i.minus.com/i4L5uF5Z9RuqE.gif

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 07:51 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Go and look at the footage, man.

There are two plays against Seattle where no one even covers Dex.

He's just allowed to run free and catch the ball.

It's like, the softest zone ever, and they literally concede anything short.

That kind of shit never happens in the regular season in a close game.

O.city
09-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I believe one of those was a pick route on third and short.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 07:56 PM
I believe one of those was a pick route on third and short.

Actually that was another play.

And also very unimpressive.

I know what it sounds like. It sounds like I'm being utterly ridiculous and just being biased.

It's not. Any idiot off the street could make those catches.

This is why Dex "flourishes in preseason." He's king of the garbage time.

Hey, maybe Dex will be good this year. It won't be doing the things he did in preseason, though.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2012, 07:57 PM
I genuinely want to hear his response.

All of his reasonings for backing Spiller at 5 were the exact same things DMC has been doing (versatility being a major component)...so if he is being fair and objective, he should think that DMC deserves a larger role and that he was a good value where he was chosen in the draft...or say that CJ Spiller was a bust (which he clearly wasn't/isn't...he is just stuck behind a really good back).

I guess I dont understand hating Dexter McCluster for the same reasons he gave for wanting to draft a production comparable player at 5th overall.

Hey, disingenuous douche sighting!

Since you conveniently change the context of the original conversation every time you bring this up, here's a reminder for those that need a refresher, or weren't around.

I advocated Spiller out of the following choices - and never as an option over Eric Berry:

McClain
Dez Bryant
Okung
Haden
Mays
Spiller
Derrick Morgan
Clausen

Here's something else I said:

People are ok with Spiller because it's better than the idea of Bryan fucking Bulaga.

Exactly.

He's the last of the guys I'd be OK with, and only if it meant that we had filled some holes in FA and the only other options were Dez Bryant or an OT.

One more:

We're in the same boat we were last year.

If Berry's gone, there's no one worthy of a 5th overall pick, other than Claussen, who becomes this year's Mark Sanchez. (at least regarding the should we take him and sit him for a year debate)

Pioli won't admit his mistake this early, so Claussen's likely out.

If Berry is gone, who's worth it at 5?

Spiller's playmaking ability is worth the 5th pick, but his positional value is shitty.

Haden is going to be a solid CB at the next level, but if you're taking him 5th overall, he has to be a shutdown corner, and he's not.

Dez Bryant? Please.

Leaves you with two options:

Taylor Mays and Rolando McCalin.

Both would be great additions to this defense, and neither are worth a Top 5 pick, IMO.

Bottom line, if Berry's off the board, we're reaching for someone, let's just hope it's a solid reach, and not a Tyson Jackson-esque reach.

O.city
09-06-2012, 08:09 PM
One thing I will say about the preseason, Cassel has looked better presnap getting the play in faster. He has shown more in the preseason as far as hot route rec. and presnap stuff than I remember in a while.

mcaj22
09-06-2012, 08:15 PM
One thing I will say about the preseason, Cassel has looked better presnap getting the play in faster. He has shown more in the preseason as far as hot route rec. and presnap stuff than I remember in a while.

that's because he doesn't have 450 coaches talking in his ear or having the call coming in have to come through 50204239 coaches

it's a 1 on 1 streamlined communication now. Amazing how something so small can make things look more efficient and not a cluster fuck

O.city
09-06-2012, 08:16 PM
I liked some things about Haley, but that was one thing that I never ever figured out how they thought it woudl work.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Dude.

Yeah, Wes was really making those kind of plays after 2 years in the league

Coogs
09-06-2012, 08:37 PM
According to Jim Zorn, who talked to this fan on an airplane.

OK, so let me get this straight. Some dude talked to Zorn on a airplane... apparently even befor training camp started... and this shit is being discussed as gospel?

:facepalm:

Probably the same asshat that saw Charlie Weis at BestBuy.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Yeah, Wes was really making those kind of plays after 2 years in the league

Wes Welker had 112 catches and 8 TD his third year as a regular player, who actually touched the ball.

Dex will never, ever do that.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2012, 08:40 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

It is so stupid it boggles my mind.

O.city
09-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Wes Welker had 112 catches and 8 TD his third year as a regular player, who actually touched the ball.

At that time, how long had he been in the league?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2012, 08:41 PM

WTF does that have to do with 2 years service time in the league. It was what his 4th year by then? He had like 1 TD after 3 years in the league.

O.city
09-06-2012, 08:43 PM
You guys really think McCluster is gonna put up those kinds of numbers?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2012, 08:44 PM
You guys really think McCluster is gonna put up those kinds of numbers?

No, but to cry like a baby and making bullshit excuses because he's catching passes is stupid.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 08:44 PM
WTF does that have to do with 2 years service time in the league. It was what his 4th year by then?

If you're gonna compare 2012 Dex to a year of Welker, you need to compare him to 5th year Welker.

Welker didn't touch the ball his first two seasons.

Otherwise you can just be an idiot and say WELKER ONLY HAD 29 CATCHES HIS THIRD YEAR DEX COULD BE WELKER EVENTUALLY.

Which you know, is dumb.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 08:45 PM
No, but to cry like a baby and making bullshit excuses because he's catching passes is stupid.

They're not BS excuses.

Look at the footage.

He isn't special.

I can find a dope off the street to run into a wide open space and catch a ball uncontested.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2012, 08:45 PM
If you're gonna compare 2012 Dex to a year of Welker, you need to compare him to 5th year Welker.Welker didn't touch the ball his first two seasons.

Otherwise you can just be an idiot and say WELKER ONLY HAD 29 CATCHES HIS THIRD YEAR DEX COULD BE WELKER EVENTUALLY.

Which you know, is dumb.

That is dumb as all hell LMAO

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2012, 08:46 PM
They're not BS excuses.

Look at the footage.

He isn't special.

I can find a dope off the street to run into a wide open space and catch a ball uncontested.

They are and it's very childish

O.city
09-06-2012, 08:50 PM
So wins against the NFC West don't count, catches when you are open don't count, what else am I missing?

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 09:06 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Because they were playing a really soft zone and didn't want to give up anything deep.

I mean, LOOK AT THIS SHIT. It's third and 1, and they LITERALLY allow Dex to run free past the first down marker into a wide open space.

http://i.imgur.com/PZIxq.gif

Conceded.

*falls deeper into insanity*

Chiefnj2
09-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Because they were playing a really soft zone and didn't want to give up anything deep.

I mean, LOOK AT THIS SHIT. It's third and 1, and they LITERALLY allow Dex to run free past the first down marker into a wide open space.

http://i.imgur.com/PZIxq.gif

Conceded.

*falls deeper into insanity*

Your troll act has grown tired and weary. Pick something new, it's not even mildly entertaining anymore.