PDA

View Full Version : What do Chief fans do when the playoffs start?

AustinChief
11-14-2000, 11:18 AM
Are you all going to keep coming to the site? It won't be any fun if it is just me and hawaiianboy talking trash. Maybe we could start a thread about something going on in KC that you all could talk about, and they every once in a while you could jump over to that football thread and make fun of the Broncos (or Raiders). There will also be all the KC offseason firings and cuts to talk about. And you could all ask AustinChief to put up a poll which asks, "What is the biggest reason the Chiefs stunk in 2000". And Titus, you will still be able to come and copy all of my quotes to your hard drive... you know... for next year. And there is still that win that made the whole season worth while over the Broncos at milehigh.

Just throwing out ideas, trying to keep it interesting.

redbrian
11-14-2000, 11:19 AM
I figured I'd stock up on heroin & just nod off until the draft.

pauly24_76
11-14-2000, 11:22 AM
I'll keep waiting for Corporate Raider to get raped in prison

Robio9
11-14-2000, 11:26 AM
I think it's you who will disappear when the playoffs start, just like you did when your beloved Broncos lost to us at Mile High.
I still have yet to figure out why you Bronco fans even bother talking trash to the fans of such a poor team. Wouldn't it be more interesting to talk trash with someone who you might play later this year (assuming you make the playoffs, which is quite an assumption)?

[This message has been edited by nmt1 (edited 11-14-2000).]

Raiderhater
11-14-2000, 11:38 AM
BF: It's funny...you've been nowhere to be found until today and it just happens that the Bronco's finally got ahead of the Chiefs in the AFC West standings.

For a team that's even with Jarious Jackson, is twice the Chiefs, that 6-4 record is not too much brag about.

As far as your quotes, I looked and I only have 2 and they were BF classics before the Denver/KC game at MileHigh. I'll share them:

I am here to tell you BEFORE THE GAME that the Broncos will beat the Chiefs soundly - didnt happen.

With injuries, Broncos second string will still destroy KC's starters at mile high.
Why? They are still more talented than KC's starters, and are better coached. - didnt happen.

Will it happen at Arrowhead, I anxiously await your enlightened predictions.

[This message has been edited by KCTitus (edited 11-14-2000).]

wutamess
11-14-2000, 11:44 AM
That's OK BF, we will get back in the game, and you have to play us one more time... at home. I am willing to bet that the majority of our line will be well by that time and we are skin that poor GREASEY boy alive... I can hear his knees knocking all ready. Don't even think the Broncos are going to finish with a better record than the Chiefs.

AustinChief
11-14-2000, 11:45 AM
KCTitus,

Don't sell yourself short. You did a hell of a job quoting me. Have some confidence in yourself. You are great at the cut and paste. Your moment will come again, and when it does, I have faith in you. I believe that you will get that great quote, and save it for just the right time.

AustinChief
11-14-2000, 11:49 AM
Bishop,

Such clean, appropiate, objective smack. Where is the hostil, homophobic Chief fan that I know?

The Blessed Virgin Larry
11-14-2000, 11:52 AM
More Cut and Paste Material! Greg, are you saving this?

Question for BF: What are you going to do IF the Chiefs SWEEP the donx and knock them out a chance to go to the playoffs? It could happen, remeber how OVERCONFIDENT you were week 4?

Anyway, only 1 team from the West goes - 3 from the East - and 2 from the Central you'll see. Bottom line, when you LOSE to the NATTI and LOSE AT HOME to the Patriots and Chiefs you DO NOT make the playoffs. IF you get SWEPT by the Chiefs (again) there will be NO MERCY, you'll be ROAD KILL around here. *grin*

AustinChief
11-14-2000, 12:04 PM
KC-CHIEFS-FAN-TX,

About as overconfident as you Chief fans have been since the Bronco Game. Sorry reality smacked you all in the face so quickly, I know that you all were enjoying your 5 wins over that 6 game period! But I think you Chief fans should have expected that run, and not gotten so pumped up about it. Why? You have to get 5 wins, even on your way to 7-9.

Raiderhater
11-14-2000, 12:05 PM
BF: If anyone is selling themselves short, it would be you. I would have thought you'd measure your team against an actual superbowl contender.

Again, I'd have more quotes of yours, but that Cincy game kept you from posting around here until now.

Coogs
11-14-2000, 12:19 PM
Word of warning BF, perhaps you should have delayed your return to the Home Planet until you make sure your Donks don't give the Dolts thier first victory of the season!!
Followed by a schoolin in Seattle and a spankin in new Orleans!

Really be a shame if you had to run and hide for 4 weeks again!! You may be staring at a 3 game skid, buddy!

Don't get me completely wrong, though, I CAN appreciate the hard truth of your post. Bravo!!

ct

Robio9
11-14-2000, 12:20 PM
BroncoFan:
What Titus does is try to point out how stupid you make yourself look when you talk out of your *** . You seem to enjoy the being made to look the fool.
Why don't you try being objective. Here I'll give you an example from my point of view: "The Chiefs are in big trouble and need to do something drastic to end their slump."
Here's one for you: "I admit the Broncos are only one game above .500 and did lose at home to the Bungels, but I think they still have a shot." You think you could get that out of your mouth?

Robio9
11-14-2000, 12:22 PM
Sorry BF, the Broncos are two games above .500 now. They still lost to the Bungels though.

BTW, I'm glad the Broncos beat the Raiders. I don't know which I dislike more but it's nice to see at least one lose.

Lurker Brett
11-14-2000, 12:27 PM
BF, I would imagine I will enjoy the playoffs sitting in my recliner. Thanks for your concern.

I do hope the Broncos and Raiders go deep into the playoffs. Not only do I like the West represented well, but the farther you guys go means worse draft picks plus a more difficult schedule.

Knock yourself out.

wutamess
11-14-2000, 12:28 PM
BF,
Sorry dude, I've abandoned that for a more responsive and less ego intenive method. It's much easier on me if we do loose... BUT WE WON'T!!! http://63.249.247.210/ubb/smile.gif

darkchief
11-14-2000, 12:41 PM
My offseasons are spent in various ways. I usually take a vacation with the family, go fishing, etc. But much of time is spent volunteering for the special olympians until it's time for them to return to training camp in Denver.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

crazy chiefs fan
11-14-2000, 02:22 PM
bf

Win or lose,back'n the Chiefs wether you like it or not! Off season,we don't have,we gear up for the next season,now for entertaiment,we watch the Jayhawks whip the Buff's buts like the Chiefs ride'n the Donkies !NUFF SAID!

htismaqe
11-14-2000, 03:24 PM
Bob Dole will cruise the BB and drink beer.

Pretty much what Bob Dole does during the season.

AustinChief
11-14-2000, 03:43 PM
I am not sure where you all think I have been? I have been posting here all season long, every single week, almost every single day.

True, I have not started my own discussions for a while, but the recent decline of the Chiefs, as well as the way the Broncos have played have made it very easy for me to make fun of Chief fans again.

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 11-14-2000).]

crazy chiefs fan
11-14-2000, 04:06 PM
BF

It's way to early to "START TOOT'N YUR OWN HORN"! You otta wait a few weeks to not fall face 1st into a pile of sh*t !

mcnall
11-14-2000, 04:10 PM
BF
Most of us spend a great deal of time with the other gender, you know sex. You’ve seen pictures I assume?

[This message has been edited by RCGChief (edited 11-14-2000).]

AustinChief
11-14-2000, 04:17 PM
ROYC75,

Would have been good advise for all you Chief fans ealier this season. Now you are all forced to talk about why your team sucks. Bummer.

But don't be to down ROY, the Broncos are back, and just hitting their stride. A 12-4 record will win us the division, because of the tie breaker with the Raiders. Broncos will even have a bye week going into the playoffs.

And the Chiefs, well... they are probably trying hard.

CASHMAN
11-14-2000, 04:23 PM
I wish I didn't get sucked in by the weak minded so easily, but here goes...

BF ... what makes you think that Denver will run the table the rest of the way? You always question my fandom, which is fine b/c I think you're a fool, but if Denver fell to teams like the Patriots and Bengals, why won't they do it again?

I hope they don't, but this team is just whacked enough to fall at Seattle or at KC.

Plus, Griese is looking pretty questionable. If Griese misses a week or two, then that's not good b/c I have zero faith in Gus.

I know this will fall on deaf ears, so carry on my wayward son.

crazy chiefs fan
11-14-2000, 04:31 PM
BF

Let me take you back to grade school level,the little train that says,"I THINK I CAN,I THINK I CAN,I THINK I CAN!" Ring a bell ?

BOTTOM LINE PAL IS,"You gotta play them and not talk about them!" Talk is cheap and your .02 worth just ran out ! http://63.249.247.210/ubb/tongue.gif

wutamess
11-14-2000, 05:08 PM
If I may... I think the Chargers are FAR worse than the Bengals... you may continue.

AustinChief
11-14-2000, 05:15 PM
bronc fan is a lot like the Timberwolf at Worlds of Fun, in fact he is up and down more than a manic depressive at a black comedy... In 2 or 3 more weeks he will be back in here stating that he really didn't mean what he said - AGAIN.

[This message has been edited by KCWolfman (edited 11-14-2000).]

The Blessed Virgin Larry
11-14-2000, 10:39 PM
BF,
Did you hear about Brian Griese? RIght when you start talking trash - Griese might be DONE for the year. The timing is FUNNY, not his injury. BTW, do REALLY believe the Donx will finish 12-4? I've said all season that they'll finish 8-8. Let's see who is closer. Lets see if I understand your logic: 1. You are in DENIAL after the CHIEFS BEAT the Donx at Mile High. 2. You disappear after the Donx LOSE at home to the Patriots. 3. your STILL MISSING afetr the NATTI RUN ALL OVER the Donx.4. The Donx win 2 games that they could easily have lost while at the same time the Chiefs lose two and your BACK! Hmm. is there a patetrn here? Also, the Donx turned things around in your mind, but you give the Chiefs virtually no chance of doing the same thing. Hmmmm....recognize the pattern? We'll see what happens when the Donx come to ARROWHEAD - it will be FUN - especially if Gus or Bono is the QB!

WisChief
11-15-2000, 12:16 AM
Broncofan:
Why, we're going to be sitting at home watching the playoffs, just like you. Myself, I'm thinking of trying to shed a few unwanted pounds. Do you know anybody that might be willing to sell me some diet pills?

The King of Beers
Suspecting that Mile High might mean more than just altitude.

AustinChief
11-15-2000, 06:35 AM
"What do Chiefs fan do...."

Ahhhh haaahhh.... oh this is a funny one.

Wonder where broncfan is today?

Welllllll Vance, one thing we do is drop quarterbacks who roll right and throw out of bounds 3 times in a row, like Steve Bono.

Maybe Shanahan can get out of the woods yet, though. With his tendency to play the player at all costs (at least at all costs to the players) perhaps he can offer parapalegic insurance to Steve Young and convince him to finish the season there.

Shanahan is an idiot to play someone as badly hurt as Griese was, now look what it has cost him.

dabreeze
11-15-2000, 07:50 AM
I think most Chief fans scratch their head and wonder why a team loaded with talent cant win the super bowl. They wonder how teams with the likes of Steve Bono, Bam Morris, Lake Dawson, Chester McGlockton, Donnell Bennett, Elvis Grbac, Dave Krieg, Dan Williams, Mark McMillian, Sean LaChappel, and Carlton Gray dont win playoff games. It is very frustrating. All that talent and nothing to show for it!

But then the Carl Peterson season ticket holder letter arrives. It reassures Chief fans that the front office knows what its doing and that key signings like Lew Bush and Jeff Blackshear will help push this team to the next level. They read how the previous year was a dissapointment and something that Chief fans are not used to and how Peterson wont tolerate it. They also read how Peterson truly believes that last years team was Super Bowl caliber. Then they read how the price of tickets is going to go up. And finally, Chief fans get all excited about what the rest of the country think is a mediocre team: The Kansas City Chiefs.

Thats basically what happens after the Chiefs season.

chiefsfan58
11-15-2000, 08:09 AM
"What do Chief fans do when the playoffs start?"

Broncofan: If things remain the same, the same thing as the Bronco fans, trying to figure out... "went went wrong." It's that simple.

chiefsfan58
11-15-2000, 08:15 AM
Kenniboy: Like the Packers are putting on a clinic on how to win football games this year! How far do you see the fudge boys leaping into the playoffs? At least you're still good for a laugh. http://63.249.247.210/ubb/biggrin.gif

Coogs
11-15-2000, 02:09 PM
Just a reminder, BF!! I already warned you of impending doom(see#11), now the chances are ever better for that 3 game skid.

So..what will Chiefs fans do when the playoffs start? We'll be right here with you Donkey fans, all of us cryin into our beers!!

ct

dabreeze
11-16-2000, 07:58 AM
Bwana,

The difference is, we know that our team (packers) are mediocre. With all the injuries, poor play, and lack of talent at key positions, there is no Super Bowl talk for the Pack. The Chiefs, on the other hand, keep spewing about how they are underachieving and should be doing much better. In reality, they are right where they should be: A mediocre 5-5. Just good enough to keep everybody interested, just bad enough to call for drastic changes.

I have lived in KC for most of the 90's. I know what Chief fans do when the season is over. Scratch their head and wonder why so much incredible talent (Bono, Bennett, Carlton Gray, Chester, Bush, ect.) cant get to the playoffs and win a game or two. They just cant figure it out.