PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Matt Cassel Won't be the Chiefs' Starting Quarterback by Midseason

Big Smoke
09-07-2012, 10:51 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--nfl-2012-predictions--peyton-manning-s-impact--desean-jackson-s-revival-and-brett-favre-.html

By: Michael Silver

Midway through the 2011 season, in the midst of a cross-country flight to the next outpost on a football writer's not-so-tragic adventure, I sought diversionary solace in the movie "Hot Tub Time Machine".

The plot sent a group of friends inadvertently back to the 1980s and in my favorite scene, two of them end up at a bar watching the classic AFC championship game between the Denver Broncos and Cleveland Browns. Lou, played by Rob Corddry, keeps cashing in bets by predicting the sequence of events burned into his memory, and as John Elway is preparing to lead the visitors on "The Drive," his agitated adversary demands to know the secret of his success.

An indignant Cordrry replies – and I paraphrase – "I know the gosh-darn future, dufus."

It's a line I knew I would steal immediately, and as we close in on the first Sunday of another NFL campaign, this seems like an ideal time to trot it out.

As many of you know, I am asked to know the future on a weekly basis, an endeavor which, I'm told, played out quite nicely in 2011. And you'll be thrilled to learn that I've already laid out my Super Bowl XLVII picks for the camera, as well as my choices for the AFC's and NFC's division winners.

Oh, and I've picked an MVP, a top newcomer and an impact rookie to boot.

Yet, like the wild squirrel who distracted Mark Jackson in that "Hot Tub Time Machine" scene, I'm not quite ready to call it a wrap. I may not actually know the gosh-darn future, but I'm confident that there's no time like the present to lay some more prognostications on a nation salivating for pro football.

So, in honor of the late ex-Browns and Ravens owner Art Modell – one of The Drive's true antagonists – here are a dozen unimpeachable predictions for the '12 season:

1. Mile-high miracle on hold

A certain future Hall of Fame quarterback who hasn't played a real game in 20 months will come back strong – or, at least, strong enough to win his ninth career division championship – but we won't see the real Peyton Manning until 2013. The ultimate stickler for detail, Manning will take awhile to adapt to his new surroundings, and it'll take his new teammates some time to adapt to the nuanced instructions he imparts. The more they play and practice together, the more likely Manning becomes the master of his domain. In the meantime, he'll be good enough to win a bad division – as the Broncos managed to do with Tim Tebow playing quarterback last year – and Denver will be the Smile High City come January, with the best yet to come.

2. Tight end battle in New England goes to …

Aaron Hernandez will have a better year than Rob Gronkowski. As much as last year was a breakout season for one of New England's young tight ends, and as much as said tight end may have enjoyed the so-called "Summer of Gronk", his Patriots position-mate will have the bigger impact in 2012. My reasoning is simple: Opponents, having studied the Pats' offense all offseason, will try to take away Gronkowski. Tom Brady, who is nothing if not adaptable, will make them pay by finding his other big, fast, tough-to-cover target. Either way, the Patriots win – that's why the franchise's powers that be made a point of paying both tight ends over the summer.

3. The Bills will finally make the playoffs

I was there for the Music City Miracle in January of 2000, and if you'd told me that would be Buffalo's last postseason appearance for at least 13 seasons, the league's longest current drought, I'd have given hugs to every fan behind the visitors' bench. (Not really – I was too busy racing down the Bills' sidelines in a vain effort to match Kevin Dyson stride-for-stride … but I'd have felt for those fans as I peeked in on Tennessee's end-zone celebration.) Buffalo has had a couple of strong starts in recent years, only to see it all unravel. The Bills had a big offseason, what with the Stevie Johnson re-signing and the Mario Williams signing, and there's a sense of momentum in the Western New York air. With a little health and a little luck, I believe Buffalo will finally get some satisfaction.

4. DeMeco Ryans will make the Wide Nine Shine

In March, the Eagles traded a fourth-round pick to the Texans to acquire linebacker Ryans, a two-time Pro Bowl selection who allegedly didn't fit Houston's 3-4 scheme. Here's what I think: Ryans, perhaps the most highly respected Texans player in recent years – a tough tackler revered for his intelligence and leadership – is an asset to any scheme, and the Eagles should be investigated for grand theft. Don't cry for the Texans – they're still very good, and I picked them to go to the Super Bowl – but give a hearty golf clap to the Eagles, who may have turned one of last year's biggest weaknesses into a strength. Part of the reason defensive coordinator Juan Castillo's Wide Nine scheme was so maligned in 2011 was the substandard play of its linebackers, including overmatched rookie Casey Matthews in the middle. Now, with Ryans filling that spot, and flanked by second-round draft pick Mychal Kendricks and veteran Akeem Jordan, the middle may not seem so soft.

5. The Dolphins will Biff For Barkley – and they'll screw it up

With USC quarterback Matt Barkley filling the Andrew Luck role (and, perhaps, Landry Jones as RG3), fans of struggling teams will be casting googly eyes at the would-be saviors the 2013 draft can provide. And make no mistake – unless 2012 first-round pick Ryan Tannehill tears it up as a rookie, South Florida will be abuzz with Barkley fever (if the Dolphins are as lousy as I think they'll be) the way so many loyalists of the Colts and other flailing teams had "Suck For Luck" on the brain last year. With owner Steve Ross and his wandering eye, one never knows what the next power play will be (just ask Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Fisher, Brandon Marshall, etc.) – just that it's very unlikely to work out. Oh, and don't blame the Dolphins' demise on Hard Knocks; they simply don't have enough good players, or any clear sense of direction as a franchise.

6. The Seahawks will be the surprise team of the NFC

Yeah, I was moved by Russell Wilson's charisma when I met the rookie last month, and I can see how his new teammates would be inspired to rally around him. He'll make plays, and he'll make mistakes, and he'll do fine – but he won't be the biggest reason why Pete Carroll's team makes the playoffs. As with the Texans last year, this defense is better than most people realize, with a pair of big, menacing, in-your-face corners (Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman) setting the tone. The Seahawks battled the powerful 49ers on virtually even terms last December, and I think the two teams will stage a spirited fight for the NFC West crown in 2012, with Seattle surprisingly prevailing.

7. Joe Flacco will air it out as the Ravens become an offense-driven team

With Terrell Suggs likely to miss much (or perhaps all) of the season as he recovers from an Achilles tendon tear and Ray Lewis and Ed Reed nearing retirement, Baltimore, which came so close to making the Super Bowl last January, needs to take a little stress off its always formidable defense. Flacco, meanwhile, wants to get paid, and (like Eli Manning a year ago) to have elite status conferred upon him. The obvious solution: With halfback Ray Rice loosening up opposing defenses and providing a legitimate play-action threat, and a young, speedy wideout in Torrey Smith to complement ultra-tough possession receiver Anquan Boldin, let Joe throw and get out of the way. I think coach John Harbaugh and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron will do just that, and Flacco and the Ravens will set all sorts of franchise scoring and yardage records.

8. Blaine Gabbert won't suck

I'm not saying the Jags' second-year quarterback will be in Cam Newton's stratosphere, or even Andy Dalton's 'hood, but I don't think he'll resemble the overwhelmed and possibly gun shy, scatter-armed passer of a year ago. After spending some time with the kid and watching him form an instant connection with first-round draft pick Justin Blackmon, I'm wondering if this situation might be salvageable after all.

9. The Saints will buckle under the weight of the bounty scandal

I realize that New Orleans is a good team with a great offense, and I don't envision a complete collapse in the Crescent City. But that whole Drew-Brees-is-the-coach-anyway narrative? I'm not buying it. Sean Payton is a shrewd coach who might be the NFL's best play-caller, and hell yeah the Saints will miss him. The whole interim-interim thing is a stupid idea, and I don't think the organizational martyr complex is productive. Also, the Saints are transitioning to a new defensive scheme, and that tends to take time. Sorry, Saints fans: No redemptive season; no hometown Super Bowl; no playoffs (PLAYOFFS?), no dice.

10. Philip Rivers and DeSean Jackson will have bounce-back seasons

Each of these ex-Pro Bowl players had a forgettable 2011 campaign – Rivers for no apparent reason, and Jackson for a totally obvious one. Rivers, so prolific and dependable throughout his career, threw 20 interceptions last year, by far the highest total of his career. If he was injured or dealing with some sort of off-the-field adversity, he successfully concealed it. Whatever happened, I have a hard time believing that he has suddenly declined at age 30, and I think he'll revert to his old self.

Jackson, on the other hand, was completely bugged out by his contract situation, a perspective that was not considered irrational by many of his teammates. He played like an unhappy, undersized dude who was hesitant to subject himself to injury because it might jeopardize his chance of a payday (in Philly or elsewhere); heck, he has basically admitted this in several interviews. Somewhat surprisingly, the Eagles worked out a deal with Jackson after the season. Some players shut it down after they get paid (Albert Haynesworth, cough cough); I believe Jackson will do the opposite. Having achieved financial security, he'll go back to being an exhilarating, fearless presence on an increasingly fearsome offense.

11. Matt Cassel won't be the Chiefs' starting quarterback by midseason

If you believe some of the garbage that has come out of Kansas City the past couple of years, you think that former offensive coordinator Charlie Weis was the reason for Cassel's stunning success in 2010, when Tom Brady's ex-backup made the Pro Bowl and helped K.C. to an unlikely AFC West crown. If you know the real story, you regard Weis as a fraud, ex-Chiefs coach Todd Haley as a miracle worker (at least for that one season, which began with Weis reluctant to coach Cassel, causing Haley to step in) and Cassel as a disaster waiting to happen. With the ever-delicateBrian Daboll now on the job as new coach Romeo Crennel's offensive coordinator, count on it happening.

12. The Jets will pull an October Surprise by signing Brett Favre … … just before Halloween. Trick or treat? Yeah, I'm just messing with you – at least, I think I am – though you have to admit, the idea of Rex Ryan persuading Mike Tannenbaum and Woody Johnson to coax Favre out of retirement a second time doesn't seem completely outside the realm of possibility. That said, it's likely a moot point, because either Mark Sanchez will step up to the intense pressure and evolve into a true franchise quarterback, or Tebow will do to the Big Apple what Adam and Eve once did to the forbidden apple. Yeah, I know, bad analogy. For the record, as much as another Favre comeback would warm my columnist's heart, I'm sending out positive vibes to Sanchez (who I think has it in him to be highly successful) and to Tebow (who won me over as a player, because his success flies in the face of rational thought, and as a guy, because he's just so damn likeable in person). I'm also hoping that the circus tent doesn't collapse under its own weight. And if all else fails? Three words: Call Chad Pennington.

Cave Johnson
09-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Wooooo!

L.A. Chieffan
09-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Stanzi homers just pulled out the Jergens

Big Smoke
09-07-2012, 10:54 AM
I have no idea who Michael Silver is. But he sounds kinda like an ass-clown. Is he counting on Brady Quinn to be our starter?

Brock
09-07-2012, 10:55 AM
He knows the real story, straight from Todd Haley.

L.A. Chieffan
09-07-2012, 10:55 AM
I have no idea who Michael Silver is. But he sounds kinda like an ass-clown. Is he counting on Brady Quinn to be our starter?

New to this whole football thing?

Deberg_1990
09-07-2012, 10:57 AM
This thread wont be very popular.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 10:58 AM
"Haley's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!" ROFL

Oh and

"Michael Silver is a douche!!!!!!!!!"

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2012, 10:59 AM
The Weis ballwashers won't like this. :)

L.A. Chieffan
If Cassel goes down half way through the season, you might as well order your KC Matt Barkley jersey

Dayze
I'll wait until I hear it from Nick Athan.

Mr. Laz
09-07-2012, 11:00 AM
yea, because that's why Cassel was worst before and after Weis left ... because HALEY was the miracle worker.

stupid

Tribal Warfare
09-07-2012, 11:01 AM
If Cassel goes down half way through the season, you might as well order your KC Matt Barkley jersey

or Bray, Wilson, or Thomas ohh my!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pestilence
09-07-2012, 11:02 AM
http://www.pharfruminsain.com/Graphics/images/free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

WhiteWhale
09-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Silver is a tool. He knows as much as anyone else.

Haley tried to force Matt Cassel to play QB. Weis wanted him running a gimmicky single read offense because he's incredibly limited.

Nobody 'coached' Cassel to look competent. He didn't improve his abilities. Cassel was good statistically because of 3 reasons.

1. An epic all time amazing performance from a HB the likes of which my not be seen again for a long time. 1400 yards at 6.4 a pop? Wow.

2. Weis protected him with playcalling.

3. He played the NFC West

It's not like Matt's accuracy, poise, or mechanics improved. The playcalling and running game were the reason... not someone teaching him quarterback. He has always looked like the same guy out there.

Pestilence
09-07-2012, 11:07 AM

Haley tried to force Matt Cassel to play QB. Weis wanted him running a gimmicky single read offense because he's incredibly limited.

Nobody 'coached' Cassel to look competent. He didn't improve his abilities. Cassel was good statistically because of 2 reasons.

1. An epic all time amazing performance from a HB the likes of which my not be seen again for a long time. 1400 yards at 6.4 a pop? Wow.

3. We played the NFC West.

It's not like Matt's accuracy, poise, or mechanics improved. The playcalling and running game were the reason... not someone teaching him quarterback. He has always looked like the same guy out there.

FYP

Brock
09-07-2012, 11:08 AM
yea, because that's why Cassel was worst before and after Weis left ... because HALEY was the miracle worker.

stupid

What does Weis have, besides 20 years in the nfl and multiple super bowl rings?

WhiteWhale
09-07-2012, 11:08 AM
FYP

Correction approved. :D

Pestilence
09-07-2012, 11:11 AM
JFC.....it's not like Weis was some fucking offensive genius when he was with the Patriots. I like the guy.....but he wasn't putting together Top 5 offenses while he was there.

Fish
09-07-2012, 11:13 AM

Nobody 'coached' Cassel to look competent. He didn't improve his abilities. Cassel was good statistically because of 3 reasons.

Gotta agree with this. Well said..

L.A. Chieffan
09-07-2012, 11:15 AM

1. Charles season could have also been the result of defenses keying on Cassel, freeing him up.

2. Thats Weis' style everywhere he goes

3. Cassell doesn't make the schedule, Seattle won a playoff game that year.

DeezNutz
09-07-2012, 11:15 AM
JFC.....it's not like Weis was some ****ing offensive genius when he was with the Patriots. I like the guy.....but he wasn't putting together Top 5 offenses while he was there.

He called for a bunch of short passes that allowed the Duke of Dink to get crowned, though.

Weis polished that turd. Plain and simple, IMO.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 11:18 AM

Fair points, but you conveniently left an important stat out;

When an NFL QB throws for 3k yards and only 7 INT's for the first time in his career, it is a product of the QB & his coaching. Haley improved the QB quite a bit by coaching his soft ass hard.

Y'all got rid of the wrong guy.

DeezNutz
09-07-2012, 11:20 AM

When an NFL QB throws for 3k yards and only 7 INT's for the first time in his career, it is a product of the QB & his coaching. Haley improved the QB quite a bit by coaching his soft ass hard.

This is an accomplishment?

ChiefsCountry
09-07-2012, 11:21 AM

Cool let the Brady Quinn era begin.

htismaqe
09-07-2012, 11:22 AM
1. Charles season could have also been the result of defenses keying on Cassel, freeing him up.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Brock
09-07-2012, 11:23 AM

How come he sucked ass the next year?

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 11:24 AM
This is an accomplishment?

7 INT's is. But hey, don't let me interrupt your spin for the win.

bevischief
09-07-2012, 11:24 AM
:popcorn:

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 11:25 AM
How come he sucked ass the next year?

Matt Cassel? Are you serious? ROFL

Brock
09-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Matt Cassel? Are you serious? ROFL

Are you trolling?

tk13
09-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Granted I'm generally a fan of Weis as an offensive coach. Not sure he's an offensive genius but I think he's an offensive coach who usually plays to his offense's strengths. Maybe efficient is the best word to use. He's not trying to be a wizard like Martz, but he's pretty efficient. His offenses in both NE and KC played to their strengths.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Are you trolling?

:LOL: that is all you got because, well, that is all you got.

Matt Cassel is going to fail. He doesn't have it.

boogblaster
09-07-2012, 11:31 AM
is this a poop thread .....

WhiteWhale
09-07-2012, 11:32 AM

2. Thats Weis' style everywhere he goes

3. Cassell doesn't make the schedule, Seattle won a playoff game that year.

You're right about 2 and 3, but #1 exposes you being an obvious troll. Nobody is that stupid. Reel it in.

Brock
09-07-2012, 11:34 AM
:LOL: that is all you got because, well, that is all you got.

Matt Cassel is going to fail. He doesn't have it.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. On the one hand, Haley "coached his soft ass hard", on the other, he decided to force him to do things he couldn't do. There's some inconsistency in what you're saying.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Granted I'm generally a fan of Weis as an offensive coach. Not sure he's an offensive genius but I think he's an offensive coach who usually plays to his offense's strengths. Maybe efficient is the best word to use. He's not trying to be a wizard like Martz, but he's pretty efficient. His offenses in both NE and KC played to their strengths.

Yes, and together with the staff he and Haley made this offense produce for the first time in years -- but, there were no "strengths" before that season and this has been a big misconception with most Chiefs fans I talk with.

That was a good staff, well needed. But the following season Zorn was brought in. That was not a good staff. Can't blame Haley if you don't blame Pioli too -- In hindsight, the whole "I'm going to coach with my son" excuse for Weis' departure was garbage, as he left that job for something else in a matter of months.

alpha_omega
09-07-2012, 11:36 AM
I have no idea who Michael Silver is. ...

Funny, i was just thinking...."not this Michael Silver dude again?"

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. On the one hand, Haley "coached his soft ass hard", on the other, he decided to force him to do things he couldn't do. There's some inconsistency in what you're saying.

I see "inconsistency" in what you're saying, more like fabricated garbage. I never said Haley forced anyone to "do things" they could not do.

Chief Gump
09-07-2012, 11:38 AM
http://wtfoodge.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/runner-poop-pants.jpg

WhiteWhale
09-07-2012, 11:39 AM

I'm saying that playcalling and awesome running back in 2010 was a bigger factor than his 'coaching'. Period.

Weis is a better playcaller and Charles... well... 1400 yards at 6.4 a pop.

Nobody coached him up. He's not an ascending player. He was peaked when he arrived. Weis just called games more within his capabilities.

We still need a better QB.

Brock
09-07-2012, 11:41 AM
I see "inconsistency" in what you're saying, more like fabricated garbage. I never said Haley forced anyone to "do things" they could not do.

I didn't say you said that. That's what Haley did. If he coached Cassel up, he would know what Cassel could or couldnt do. So he's either a madman or a fool, take your pick.

Pestilence
09-07-2012, 11:42 AM

It's going to be fucking awesome.

WhiteWhale
09-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Yes, and together with the staff he and Haley made this offense produce for the first time in years. That was a good staff, well needed. But the following season Zorn was brought in. That was not a good staff. Can't blame Haley if you don't blame Pioli too -- In hindsight, the whole "I'm going to coach with my son" excuse for Weis' departure was garbage, as he left that job for something else in a matter of months.

You put far too much emphasis on coaches and seem to completely ignore the actual 'players and opposing players on the field' factor.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Matt Cassel sucks. Breaking news.

Deberg_1990
09-07-2012, 11:45 AM

Chiefs fans will be calling to put Cassel back in after seeing a few games of Quinn starting.

Brock
09-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Chiefs fans will be calling to put Cassel back in after seeing a few games of Quinn starting.

No, they won't.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 11:47 AM
You put far too much emphasis on coaches and seem to completely ignore the actual 'players and opposing players on the field' factor.

You have points in your previous post that I already commented on, but this post is garbage. Step up, big boy.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 11:48 AM

Some of you are still calling for Thiggy, so there's that:)

Pestilence
09-07-2012, 11:48 AM

What is the dumbest thing ever said......by anyone.

TEX
09-07-2012, 11:50 AM
So F-ING stupid that we're still having this QB issue.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 11:51 AM
What is the dumbest thing ever said......by anyone.

for $5 zillion, Alex.

Micjones
09-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Cassel will never play poorly enough to warrant being benched.
Typically QB's get yanked for not taking care of the ball.
Cassel will throw picks, but won't turn the ball over enough to get pulled.

Brock
09-07-2012, 11:56 AM

I'm predicting not only picks, but pick sixes.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 11:56 AM
So F-ING stupid that we're still having this QB issue.

This team KO'd 8 ****ing QB's the two previous seasons before Cassel arrived.

The point is, they needed a guy like Cassel just to bring stability if nothing else to the position. The point again is this team was worse talented than the expansion teams of the nineties. Cassel lacks talent, but he is a durable player.

So, I don't think the Chiefs would have been smart to START a 1st round QB or any young QB until this season. And that is even a maybe, because they are starting a wet behind the ears center. That could be a recipe for disaster.

mcaj22
09-07-2012, 11:58 AM
This team KO'd 8 ****ing QB's the two previous seasons before Cassel arrived.

The point is, they needed a guy like Cassel just to bring stability if nothing else to the position. The point again is this team was worse talented than the expansion teams of the nineties. Cassel lacks talent, but he is a durable player.

So, I don't think the Chiefs would have been smart to START a 1st round QB or any young QB until this season. And that is even a maybe, because they are starting a wet behind the ears center. That could be a recipe for disaster.

or instead of acquiring Cassel they could have you know, drafted one back when the team had no talent. What a ****ing logical concept. Imagine that, drafting a QB.

Micjones
09-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm predicting not only picks, but pick sixes.

He's never been the kind of guy to throw a bunch of picks though.
2009 was his worst season in that category (16 picks) and even then he still broke even by throwing 16 TD's.

He's not going to be benched in KC.
If he doesn't play, it'll be because he's injured.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Cassel will never play poorly enough to warrant being benched.
Typically QB's get yanked for not taking care of the ball.

When I played the game, players had input to who started whether the staff said the did or not because when you QB is not toting the line and making plays over and over game after game because of lacking mental skills, the players quit on the team on both sides of the ball.

Romeo Crennel is not going to let this go that far, he's been here, been fired over this before.

mcaj22
09-07-2012, 12:00 PM
When I played the game, players had input to who started whether the staff said the did or not because when you QB is not toting the line and making plays over and over game after game because of lacking mental skills, the players quit on the team on both sides of the ball.

Romeo Crennel is not going to let this go that far, he's been here, been fired over this before.

you played in the NFL?

keg in kc
09-07-2012, 12:01 PM
And since we have nobody on the bench behind Cassel, we're going to revolutionize the game by running a new look wing T where instead of a quarterback we'll have a 4th running back behind center.

Micjones
09-07-2012, 12:01 PM

Romeo's going to retire in 1-2 years anyway.
I doubt he'll make any decision out of fear of being canned.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 12:02 PM
or instead of acquiring Cassel they could have you know, drafted one back when the team had no talent. What a ****ing logical concept. Imagine that, drafting a QB.

And a pass rusher. And a NT. and a CB. And a LG. And a FB. and. and. and.

You started with shit. It'll be awhile before this team catches up to your fantasy that they were/are good.

htismaqe
09-07-2012, 12:04 PM
And a pass rusher. And a NT. and a CB. And a LG. And a FB. and. and. and.

You started with shit. It'll be awhile before this team catches up to your fantasy that they were/are good.

Yet they drafted a 5-tech, a safety, a WR, and a NT that's not really a NT in year 4.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 12:04 PM

So, you think Romeo just likes to come be HC for a lil while, then retire? ROFL

Bruh, you do not know what these men do year in and year out to win and maintain an NFL job.

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2012, 12:07 PM

LOL

Unless he's fired, he'll coach 3 yrs.

Fritz88
09-07-2012, 12:08 PM
no
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Yet they drafted a 5-tech, a safety, a WR, and a NT that's not really a NT in year 4.

That's relative to my point -- they need a lot of players at several positions. So, why are you surprised? Are you one of those "we could have got Luck or RGIII" fans are you? Because this team needed Poe and the other players drafted this season, last season and the season before.

Are you aware the only players from the old team (meaning the last Chiefs team that even strangely resembled an NFL team) are DJ & Dustin? That leaves holes in 31 starting positions & the back ups too.

This team is barely getting started folks.

Micjones
09-07-2012, 12:15 PM
So, you think Romeo just likes to come be HC for a lil while, then retire? ROFL

Bruh, you do not know what these men do year in and year out to win and maintain an NFL job.

You're right.

Let's just forget that he's 65 and has been an NFL coach for 30+ years.
I'm certain he'll stay on with Kansas City 5 more seasons.
:facepalm:

Micjones
09-07-2012, 12:17 PM
LOL

Unless he's fired, he'll coach 3 yrs.

I wasn't counting this season. It's foregone that he'll coach this year.
I said 1-2 years. If this team stinks this year and next, I doubt he'll want to return for one last year at 67 with a team that could have a much smaller window of opportunity.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Haley really helped Cassel be great after Weis left.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 12:20 PM
You're right.

Let's just forget that he's 65 and has been an NFL coach for 30+ years.
I'm certain he'll stay on with Kansas City 5 more seasons.

So, what is your point? We are talking 2012 and suddenly you come up with this "3 year into the future formula" and starting whacking everyone over the head with it? Siddown son.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Haley really helped Cassel be great after Weis left.

It's common knowledge Jamaal Charles is this offense and everything -- EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND JAMAAL.

No Jamaal, no offense. End.

And OBTW Weis coached the playoff game.

mcaj22
09-07-2012, 12:23 PM
That's relative to my point -- they need a lot of players at several positions. So, why are you surprised? Are you one of those "we could have got Luck or RGIII" fans are you? Because this team needed Poe and the other players drafted this season, last season and the season before.

Are you aware the only players from the old team (meaning the last Chiefs team that even strangely resembled an NFL team) are DJ & Dustin? That leaves holes in 31 starting positions & the back ups too.

the best players on this team with the exception of one guy (Berry) were ALL HERE before this current regime took over.

So they spent 4 years filling the roster with role players and hype players that have shown no actual NFL production and a bunch of guys already cut and a fired coach rather than taking a flyer on a QB in rounds 1,2 or even 3 to groom. Good job.

Micjones
09-07-2012, 12:24 PM
So, what is your point? We are talking 2012 and suddenly you come up with this "3 year into the future formula" and starting whacking everyone over the head with it? Siddown son.

Gee, I don't know.
You might wanna go back and re-read the post where I made the comment for the context.

And you might wanna lop off a slice of that humble pie now that it's apparent you spoke out of turn.

It's not at all unreasonable to think he'll have a short stay in Kansas City.
He's 65 years old. Coughlin's the oldest coach in the league and he's just 1 year older.

Detoxing
09-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Lol, silly Chief fans, of course he'll be the starter. Matt Cassel isn't going to get benched unless he's on IR.

Baconeater
09-07-2012, 12:27 PM
The only way Cassel isn't starting at midseason is if he gets injured. I don't believe even for a second that Pioli will allow His Precious to be benched.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Gee, I don't know.
You might wanna go back and re-read the post where I made the comment for the context.

And you might wanna lop off a slice of that humble pie now that it's apparent you spoke out of turn.

It's not at all unreasonable to think he'll have a short stay in Kansas City.
He's 65 years old. Coughlin's the oldest coach in the league and he's just 1 year older.

Okay. Very possible. Now can you STFU about it because your point was not this, it was the lame bullshit you cooked up based in this that said Romeo is hot tubbin' at 1 arrowhead all year, every year.

DeezNutz
09-07-2012, 12:29 PM
"Matt is a good QB, and I'm confident that he can be a championship-level QB."

Chief Gump
09-07-2012, 12:29 PM
you played in the NFL?

Did this get answered yet?

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 12:35 PM
The only way Cassel isn't starting at midseason is if he gets injured. I don't believe even for a second that Pioli will allow His Precious to be benched.

I doubt Romeo let this scenario go undiscovered during HC contract negs.

I grew up around the Giants. I am old as dirt starter. I have been a fan of all these men since they began their careers in the NFL. I doubt very much Romeo Crennel left the QB situation alone when he and Pioli made Romeo the HC.

Furthermore, that money vampire you call "the owner" won't allow this team to slip another season in sales.

Frankie
09-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I have no idea who Michael Silver is. But he sounds kinda like an ass-clown.

These are why I totally agree with you:

"5. The Dolphins will Biff For Barkley – and they'll screw it up

With USC quarterback Matt Barkley filling the Andrew Luck role (and, perhaps, Landry Jones as RG3), fans of struggling teams will be casting googly eyes at the would-be saviors the 2013 draft can provide. And make no mistake – unless 2012 first-round pick Ryan Tannehill tears it up as a rookie, South Florida will be abuzz with Barkley fever (if the Dolphins are as lousy as I think they'll be) the way so many loyalists of the Colts and other flailing teams had "Suck For Luck" on the brain last year. With owner Steve Ross and his wandering eye, one never knows what the next power play will be (just ask Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Fisher, Brandon Marshall, etc.) – just that it's very unlikely to work out. Oh, and don't blame the Dolphins' demise on Hard Knocks; they simply don't have enough good players, or any clear sense of direction as a franchise."

If you know the real story, you regard Weis as a fraud, ex-Chiefs coach Todd Haley as a miracle worker (at least for that one season, which began with Weis reluctant to coach Cassel, causing Haley to step in)

This guy is totally pulling this out of his ass. "

1- Dolphines overreached to get Tannehill in the first. That's how enamoured they were with him. No way they will "suck for Barkley."

2- If Haley was really the miracle behind Cassel, Pioli would have built a bronze statue of him, instead of firing him.

whoman69
09-07-2012, 12:38 PM

Micjones
09-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Okay. Very possible. Now can you STFU about it because your point was not this, it was the lame bullshit you cooked up based in this that said Romeo is hot tubbin' at 1 arrowhead all year, every year.

You should probably work on making coherent posts of your own before you go picking anyone else's apart. I'm not even sure what you just said.

Ace Gunner
09-07-2012, 12:42 PM
You should probably work on making coherent posts of your own before you go picking anyone else's apart. I'm not even sure what you just said.

Deep breaths.

keg in kc
09-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Ooh, did a new online expert show up while I was away?

htismaqe
09-07-2012, 12:55 PM

Alot of the positions of need you listed - the positions of need this team had when Pioli got here - ARE STILL POSITIONS OF NEED.

In the meantime, they've drafted for God-knows-what most of the time.

WHAT?!?!

95% of the best players on this team were drafted by the previous regime. I hope you're not implying that we have holes at the positions occupied by Brandon Albert, Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Tamba Hali, Glenn Dorsey, and Brandon Flowers...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-07-2012, 01:16 PM

You need to post more dude miss your takes. How you been?

Just Passin' By
09-07-2012, 01:20 PM
JFC.....it's not like Weis was some ****ing offensive genius when he was with the Patriots. I like the guy.....but he wasn't putting together Top 5 offenses while he was there.

If I'm missing your sarcasm, I apologize in advance.

From 2001-2004, the Patriots ranked 6,10,12, and 4 in points scored while running an offense designed to play it safe. That's pretty darned good.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-07-2012, 01:23 PM
It's common knowledge Jamaal Charles is this offense and everything -- EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND JAMAAL.

No Jamaal, no offense. End.

And OBTW Weis coached the playoff game.

Yes and Weis had already accepted the Florida job at that point, so it's possible the players didn't respond well to it. You certainly can't argue Cassel had his best year then.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Weis had nothing to do with Cassel being good. /Misery fans ROFL

suds79
09-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Lol, silly Chief fans, of course he'll be the starter. Matt Cassel isn't going to get benched unless he's on IR.

Which could easily happen. The guy hasn't completed a full season yet with us.

I'd be curious to see what Romeo thinks of Matt. He campaigned "thanking Kyle Orton for helping him get that job" in the offseason. If this season goes down the toilet and Matt is stinking up the joint, you telling me Romeo wouldn't do it? I'm not so sure.

Probably more wishful thinking than anything but I wouldn't rule it out if the two situations above are taking place.

Chiefnj2
09-07-2012, 01:29 PM

Billay and Blackbob would like to congratualte you for leapfrogging them in the "Dumbest Poster on the Planet" contest. Heroe of the stuuupidd!!!

Count Zarth
09-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Michael Silver is a beautiful man.

Hog Farmer
09-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Michael Silver is a beautiful man.

He might be beautiful but he's a dumbass !

New World Order
09-07-2012, 02:58 PM
I am hoping Cassel will be canned during the bye week but I think we beat SD at home, hopefully after the Pitt/SD away games. No matter how quinn does it will be a refreshing site to see another qb as the starter in there, it can't be much worse than a qb throwing bubble screens and 2 yard drag routes all game

DTLB58
09-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Big freaking deal! What are the alternatives at this point? It's not like this team has groomed someone to take his place. :p

CoMoChief
09-07-2012, 03:28 PM

really where did you hear this from?

Frankie
09-07-2012, 03:52 PM
He might be beautiful but he's a dumbass !

Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

TEX
09-07-2012, 04:41 PM
I bet the "DISASTER" starts this Sunday. When the Falcons get up big early, Cassel will be forced to DO SOMETHING. Disaster cometh...

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2012, 05:00 PM

nope same expert. Chiefsfootballfan just changed his name.

Still the same idiocy from him though
Posted via Mobile Device

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-08-2012, 08:58 AM
This has to be the funniest read of the year to date. This guy has no clue about what is going on in KC. The only way Cassel get benched is if he starts 0-4 imo.

BoneKrusher
09-08-2012, 09:16 AM
that would be sweet.

ILChief
09-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Silver has an axe to grind with Pioli. However I hope he is right

TEX
09-08-2012, 11:34 AM
This has to be the funniest read of the year to date. This guy has no clue about what is going on in KC. The only way Cassel get benched is if he starts 0-4 imo.

Bet THAT wouldn't even do it...

TEX
09-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Big freaking deal! What are the alternatives at this point? It's not like this team has groomed someone to take his place. :p

That was the plot behind Piloi's plan all along. There was NEVER going to be any real competition for ther starting QB job.

tk13
09-08-2012, 11:36 AM
I don't know if 0-4 would do it... but if the team got off to a horrific start like 1-7 or something, and Cassel was not playing well, then maybe something would happen.

FringeNC
09-08-2012, 11:44 AM
In context of the quote, what does "ever-delicate" mean?

Tribal Warfare
09-08-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't know if 0-4 would do it... but if the team got off to a horrific start like 1-7 or something, and Cassel was not playing well, then maybe something would happen.

it would have to be 2008 Herm/Carl 21-22 SD loss aftermath bad.

Count Zarth
09-08-2012, 11:46 AM

This team better put in Quinn or Stanzi as soon as they are eliminated from the playoffs.

There is no point in starting Cassel in that situation. You gotta see what the other guy has.

Unfortunately I expect Pioli to stick with his honey.

Fish
09-08-2012, 11:47 AM
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/9072/screenshot20120908at105.png

Count Zarth
09-08-2012, 11:47 AM
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/9072/screenshot20120908at105.png

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO :hail:

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Not with Charles back...

beach tribe
09-08-2012, 11:59 AM
You could take out the part about Cassel, and there would still be a LOT of stupidity in this article. Cassel is going to have to play extremely poor, and I mean really bad for him to get yanked for Quinn or the Stanzimerican.

BoneKrusher
09-08-2012, 12:50 PM
You could take out the part about Cassel, and there would still be a LOT of stupidity in this article. Cassel is going to have to play extremely poor, and I mean really bad for him to get yanked for Quinn or the Stanzimerican.

i can easily see Cassel playing poor enough to get yanked for Quinn.
especially if the Chiefs rushing attack gets stopped by 7-8 man fronts therefor forcing the QB to move the ball.

Ace Gunner
09-08-2012, 01:06 PM
In context of the quote, what does "ever-delicate" mean?

Sarcasm -- Daboll is known for his constant badgering and YELLING.

beach tribe
09-08-2012, 01:16 PM
i can easily see Cassel playing poor enough to get yanked for Quinn.
especially if the Chiefs rushing attack gets stopped by 7-8 man fronts therefor forcing the QB to move the ball.

Cassel has more weapons a better line, and #2 RB than he did in 2010. What would make you think he will play worse in 12' than 10'? Because if he plays like he did in 10' there's no way in hell he gets yanked. Not saying that 10' was a great year, just that he doesn't get yanked if he plays that way. No way in hell.

beach tribe
09-08-2012, 01:19 PM
I'll say it again. PA is going to really help Cassel. I expect Boss. Moeaki, and yes, McCluster to be the beneficiaries.

BoneKrusher
09-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Cassel has more weapons a better line, and #2 RB than he did in 2010. What would make you think he will play worse in 12' than 10'? Because if he plays like he did in 10' there's no way in hell he gets yanked. Not saying that 10' was a great year, just that he doesn't get yanked if he plays that way. No way in hell.

he dont have Weis in 2012. ;)

Baby Lee
09-08-2012, 01:27 PM

He knows how bad Cassel is, but he doesn't know how wedded Pioli is.

beach tribe
09-08-2012, 01:28 PM
he dont have Weis in 2012. ;)

Impossible to argue against you here. Just have to wait and see if Daboll can be effective, but if it is in fact Daboll that's the problem then a QB change isn't going to do much good, so let's hope you're wrong. Not looking forward to him failing.

BoneKrusher
09-08-2012, 01:29 PM
oh, and he's not playing the NFC west in 2012.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2012, 01:30 PM

LMAO

This.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2012, 01:32 PM
This team better put in Quinn or Stanzi as soon as they are eliminated from the playoffs.

There is no point in starting Cassel in that situation. You gotta see what the other guy has.

Unfortunately I expect Pioli to stick with his honey.

Pioli:

I'm Hatin' It!

Count Zarth
09-08-2012, 01:44 PM
What would make you think he will play worse in 12' than 10'?

The quality of the opponents, and the reality that 27/7 is almost assuredly a freak occurrence/statistical outlier for a QB of Cassel's talents.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-08-2012, 03:25 PM
oh, and he's not playing the NFC west in 2012.

You guys put waaaaay too much stock in this. The Niners play the NFC West every year, guess they are frauds.

For fuck's sake it's not Oklahoma going up against an FCS team.

BoneKrusher
09-08-2012, 03:29 PM
You guys put waaaaay too much stock in this. The Niners play the NFC West every year, guess they are frauds.

For ****'s sake it's not Oklahoma going up against an FCS team.

i probably do put too much stock in the NFC West thing but two winning seasons for Matty and both came vs the NFC West.. makes it kinda hard to ignore.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-08-2012, 03:30 PM
This is literally the only place I've ever seen fans not count wins against certain teams. It is beyond strange.

BoneKrusher
09-08-2012, 03:31 PM
This is literally the only place I've ever seen fans not count wins against certain teams. It is beyond strange.

i''m the strangest fucker you never met. ;)

ROYC75
09-08-2012, 03:32 PM

:clap: Well said!

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-08-2012, 03:34 PM
i''m the strangest fucker you never met. ;)

No doubt. Who else would talk about midgets performing all kinds of devious acts on a daily basis :D

BoneKrusher
09-08-2012, 03:36 PM
No doubt. Who else would talk about midgets performing all kinds of devious acts on a daily basis :D

LMAO
well said.

Count Zarth
09-08-2012, 04:32 PM

No it's not.

No one is "not counting" those wins.

We're just not treating those wins as indicating the team is quality.

Matt Cassel's career is built upon beating shitty teams.

That's why he sucks.

Count Zarth
09-08-2012, 04:34 PM
The Niners play the NFC West every year, guess they are frauds.

The Niners beat some quality teams though.

In 2010, we didn't.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2012, 05:49 PM
No it's not.

No one is "not counting" those wins.

We're just not treating those wins as indicating the team is quality.

Matt Cassel's career is built upon beating shitty teams.

That's why he sucks.

Succinctly, this.

whoman69
09-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Pioli:

I'm Hatin' It!

http://destinysrehab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Hated-It.jpg

whoman69
09-08-2012, 06:33 PM

For ****'s sake it's not Oklahoma going up against an FCS team.

The talent level in any division goes up and down. San Francisco was nothing like its 2010 team last year. Seattle is better. Last year the AFC South, except Houston, was bad. That year the NFC West was historically mediocre. When you have two teams tie for the division lead at 7-9, something stinks.

FringeNC
09-16-2012, 03:58 PM
11. Matt Cassel won't be the Chiefs' starting quarterback by midseason

If you believe some of the garbage that has come out of Kansas City the past couple of years, you think that former offensive coordinator Charlie Weis was the reason for Cassel's stunning success in 2010, when Tom Brady's ex-backup made the Pro Bowl and helped K.C. to an unlikely AFC West crown. If you know the real story, you regard Weis as a fraud, ex-Chiefs coach Todd Haley as a miracle worker (at least for that one season, which began with Weis reluctant to coach Cassel, causing Haley to step in) and Cassel as a disaster waiting to happen. With the ever-delicateBrian Daboll now on the job as new coach Romeo Crennel's offensive coordinator, count on it happening.

If the losses continue, can garbage stats save Cassel? Perhaps Crennel or Daboll getting fired midseason? I think the odds of Silver being correct have gone way up.

Baconeater
09-16-2012, 04:03 PM
If Pioli has to fire another head coach this soon, what does that say about him? Fuck, he can't even admit he made a mistake with Cassel. I don't see any of them going anywhere.

jspchief
09-16-2012, 04:16 PM

So you're saying there's a chance.

chiefzilla1501
09-16-2012, 04:19 PM
If the losses continue, can garbage stats save Cassel? Perhaps Crennel or Daboll getting fired midseason? I think the odds of Silver being correct have gone way up.

If the losses continue, Pioli will probably make a trade for an elite wide receiver. Or blame the defense.

I honestly think the only way Cassel gets lifted is if he's physically unable to play.

Chief Roundup
09-16-2012, 04:19 PM
If Pioli has to fire another head coach this soon, what does that say about him? ****, he can't even admit he made a mistake with Cassel. I don't see any of them going anywhere.

It would be a start to bench Cassel. It would also be nice to see a DC named so that responsibility is taken away from RAC.

tredadda
09-16-2012, 04:21 PM
If the losses continue, Pioli will probably make a trade for an elite wide receiver. Or blame the defense.

I honestly think the only way Cassel gets lifted is if he's physically unable to play.

Or draft another D-Lineman with a high first rounder.

TEX
09-16-2012, 04:22 PM
It would be a start to bench Cassel. It would also be nice to see a DC named so that responsibility is taken away from RAC.

Yep. Becasue right now BOTH are bad, but the defense is playing worse than Cassel.

Bewbies
09-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Or draft another D-Lineman with a high first rounder.

If Pioli is still here the pick would be Jarvis Jones and we'd think about grabbing some scrub ass QB in the 7th.

ARROW2
09-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Yep. Becasue right now BOTH are bad, but the defense is playing worse than Cassel.

It starts and ends with punk ass Cassel

tredadda
09-16-2012, 04:32 PM
If Pioli is still here the pick would be Jarvis Jones and we'd think about grabbing some scrub ass QB in the 7th.

Dude is a beast and I would love that pick if we didn't need a QB so bad.

tredadda
09-16-2012, 04:33 PM

The NYG defense played like crap and Eli took the team on his shoulders and rallied for a victory. Ours led us to yet another blowout.

tecumseh
09-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Cassel is among the worst of the starting qb's in the nfl. However, barring injury, he'll be the Chiefs starting qb this year. Too much ego and money on the line not to let him play himself out of the job , and that will take the whole 2012 season.

Bewbies
09-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Cassel is among the worst of the starting qb's in the nfl. However, barring injury, he'll be the Chiefs starting qb this year. Too much ego and money on the line not to let him play himself out of the job , and that will take the whole 2012 season.

Good. He can play himself, Pioli and Crennel and the rest of the coaching staff and front office out of jobs.

WV
09-16-2012, 05:11 PM
If we're lucky this article will come true.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2012, 05:12 PM
If this continues, there's no way they keep Cassel. People would flip.

ChiefRocka
09-16-2012, 05:15 PM
these predictions are fanfuckintastic, except for #5 remove Dolphins and add Chiefs

Tribal Warfare
09-16-2012, 05:16 PM
If this continues, there's no way they keep Cassel. People would flip.

The only one that has to is Clark, because in all intents and purposes it seems like Pioli is going to go down with the ship when it comes to Cassel.

Straight, No Chaser
09-16-2012, 05:18 PM
If we're lucky this article will come true.

Silver is smarter than anyone on the Planet. After two weeks, it's obvious it will come true.

ChiefsandO'sfan
10-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Michael Silver=Money

Count Zarth
10-22-2012, 12:44 PM
BOOM!

MotherfuckerJones
10-22-2012, 12:49 PM
In Crennel voice: "BOOM!!"

MotherfuckerJones
10-22-2012, 12:50 PM
In Crennel voice: "BOOM!!"

King_Chief_Fan
10-22-2012, 12:51 PM
well, it is true....but not like they thought it would happen

GoChiefz
10-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Let's make a trade for Tim Tebow

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-22-2012, 02:31 PM
BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHA DCS/ROR RULEZ AGAIN!

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Boss called it before this.

scho63
10-22-2012, 02:36 PM
His predictions are pretty damn good!!!

htismaqe
10-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Boss called it before this.

Boss said Stanzi would be the starter.

Count Zarth
10-22-2012, 03:44 PM
I could be wrong, but I think after Stanzi was declared the third stringer, Boss held to his prediction and said that someone, be it Quinn or Stanzi, would be the starter by game six.

Inmem58
10-22-2012, 03:44 PM
@APdaveskretta: Matt Cassel on losing his starting job: "I can bitch and complain, but it is what it is. I’m going to move forward." #Chiefs

CoMoChief
10-22-2012, 03:46 PM
@APdaveskretta: Matt Cassel on losing his starting job: "I can bitch and complain, but it is what it is. Iím going to move forward." #Chiefs

I bet he did bitch and complain....he never had to work for the starting job and was rewarded a large sum of money for nothing....of course he's a spoiled bitch.

Count Zarth
10-22-2012, 03:46 PM
@APdaveskretta: Matt Cassel on losing his starting job: "I can bitch and complain, but it is what it is. Iím going to move forward." #Chiefs

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

He sounds so butthurt.

Dude is going to demand a trade.

CoMoChief
10-22-2012, 03:49 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

He sounds so butthurt.

Butthurt indeed.

Count Zarth
10-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Matt, did you like that Declaration of Independence, MO?

Didja?

Did ya read it?

Didja?

You scum.

htismaqe
10-22-2012, 03:53 PM

ROFL

How can you demand something for which there's ZERO DEMAND? :p

Count Zarth
10-22-2012, 03:53 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/553837_469159286440321_102966389_n.jpg

Flachief58
10-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Nice :thumb: Please tell me he predicted the firing of pussholy & grandpa too :grovel:

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2012, 03:57 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/553837_469159286440321_102966389_n.jpg

LOL Didn't see it coming?

Damn that tunnel vision, Matt.

Count Zarth
10-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Matt thinks none of this is his fault.

Guaran-fucking-tee you.

Douche.

Bewbies
10-22-2012, 04:05 PM
I'd trade Cassel. To any team that will also take Pioli. That's compensation enough.

htismaqe
10-22-2012, 04:33 PM
LOL Didn't see it coming?

Damn that tunnel vision, Matt.

He wasn't talking about getting benched.

He was talking about the opposing pass rush.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Boss said Stanzi would be the starter.During the 2011 training camp (when you weren't even here iirc...still on hiatus), I predicted that Cassel would get pulled during the bye week of 2012 in favor of Stanzi. At the time, I didn't think Haley would get undermined and fired and that Stanzi would be the best alternative at the following years bye week.

It was exactly how Bill Parcells handled benching Drew Bledsoe and that's the model I made the prediction with because i saw (and still do see) Stanzi as very similar to Tony Romo.

I didn't think Romeo would be the coach and that he would get his old first round quarterback back (that he traded 2 2nd round picks and a 1st round pick to draft) and that it would play out this way.I could be wrong, but I think after Stanzi was declared the third stringer, Boss held to his prediction and said that someone, be it Quinn or Stanzi, would be the starter by game six.

Exactly.

I even eluded to the fact that Quinn would be the one to take over the moment Quinn made his comment that "I am here to be the backup" well before OTAs or camp...it was shortly after he was signed...though, I still held out hope that Stanzi would win the job.

The moment Quinn was announced as having won the competition for the backup spot, I stuck to my guns on the prediction of "game 6" and that Quinn would take over after the bye.

I also made another prediction at that time...that it would only take Quinn a handful of games until he proved that he isn't the answer, either, and that 5 games after the bye, Stanzi would take over and finish the season.

Time will tell if that part plays out as I have fore-sealed it, as well.

BossChief
10-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Matt thinks none of this is his fault.

Guaran-fucking-tee you.

Douche.

I hope he continues to be pissed off and creates such a stir that we cut his worthless ass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2012, 09:04 AM
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

He sounds so butthurt.

I'm sure the CFL needs fresh meat.

So long cocksucker:

I hated you from day one, and I couldn't be happier.

King_Chief_Fan
10-23-2012, 09:08 AM
During the 2011 training camp (when you weren't even here iirc...still on hiatus), I predicted that Cassel would get pulled during the bye week of 2012 in favor of Stanzi. At the time, I didn't think Haley would get undermined and fired and that Stanzi would be the best alternative at the following years bye week.

It was exactly how Bill Parcells handled benching Drew Bledsoe and that's the model I made the prediction with because i saw (and still do see) Stanzi as very similar to Tony Romo.

I didn't think Romeo would be the coach and that he would get his old first round quarterback back (that he traded 2 2nd round picks and a 1st round pick to draft) and that it would play out this way.

Exactly.

I even eluded to the fact that Quinn would be the one to take over the moment Quinn made his comment that "I am here to be the backup" well before OTAs or camp...it was shortly after he was signed...though, I still held out hope that Stanzi would win the job.

The moment Quinn was announced as having won the competition for the backup spot, I stuck to my guns on the prediction of "game 6" and that Quinn would take over after the bye.

I also made another prediction at that time...that it would only take Quinn a handful of games until he proved that he isn't the answer, either, and that 5 games after the bye, Stanzi would take over and finish the season.

Time will tell if that part plays out as I have fore-sealed it, as well.

you were lucky with your guess. ...If Cassel hadn't got jacked up, he would still be the starter....bet on it.

Your prediction about Quinn not being the answer is nothing short of well duh....that isn't so hard to see

I can't tell if you want a medal or a chest to pin it on

Arrow
10-23-2012, 11:17 AM
At least starting Quinn should help the Chiefs still get an early enough pick to snag someone like Geno Smith.

BossChief
10-23-2012, 11:23 AM
you were lucky with your guess. ...If Cassel hadn't got jacked up, he would still be the starter....bet on it.

Your prediction about Quinn not being the answer is nothing short of well duh....that isn't so hard to see

I can't tell if you want a medal or a chest to pin it on

Rausch
10-23-2012, 11:32 AM
At least starting Quinn should help the Chiefs still get an early enough pick to snag someone like Geno Smith.

We'll be damned lucky to manage 3 wins this year...

whoman69
10-23-2012, 01:12 PM
I really thought I was going to have to pull out this gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9y71nSoKJ1qipby3o8_250.gif