PDA

View Full Version : Life Texas girl 13, who stole car and drove to Nashville allowed to meet boyfriend

Deberg_1990
09-07-2012, 01:40 PM
What the??? I dont even.... :facepalm:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Lovestruck-13-year-old-who-stole-car-for-road-trip-to-meet-boyfriend-found-in-Nashville-168897226.html

CYPRESS, Texas Ė A 13-year-old lovestruck girl who stole her brother's car to visit her 12-year-old online boyfriend in Kentucky was allowed to meet him in person Friday.

Elizabeth Annette Robinson stole her mom's ATM card, snuck out her bedroom window, hopped into the car and drove more than a thousand miles in an effort to meet the object of her affection, Dylan.

The teen's parents discovered she was missing Thursday morning. They last saw her around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday at their home in the 17100 block of Ledgefield in Cypress.

"We love her so much. We donít know why sheís done this," said Tressa Robinson, Elizabethís mother.

She soon found out her little girl was heading to Hodgenville, Kentucky to meet the boy she met while playing Xbox games online.

"She had mentioned that she was talking to a boy online and said he was her boyfriend," Tressa Robinson said. "She started staying in her bedroom more, isolating herself where she was always with the headset, always talking. Thatís how they communicated through the Xbox."

Elizabethís dad took away the Xbox earlier this week and thatís when she apparently got mad and concocted the scheme to run away.

Robinsonís mom said she had been asking questions about the brotherís car and what kind of gas mileage it gets.

Elizabeth left a note saying she was running away to a girlfriendís house because of bullies at school. But her parents figured out her true destination when they found an email from Dylan with his address and contacted his grandmother.

Dylan stayed at home in Kentucky. He apparently said over the phone that he told Beth not to do this.

Authorities began tracking Elizabethís travels through her momís ATM card. She used it Thursday in Henderson, Texas, about 180 miles north of Houston. Elizabethís dad hit the road to try and find his missing child.

Authorities were also on the lookout.

According to WSMV, Trooper Dwayne Stanford received an alert that the runaway teen had been seen in Hope, Arkansas about 2 p.m. Thursday. He calculated that she would be headed his way about 10 p.m. or 11 p.m.

Around her expected arrival time, the officer pulled into a median and decided to wait.

As he predicted, Elizabeth drove right by him on Interstate 40 around 10:24 p.m.

He immediately activated his emergency lights to pull her over.

Trooper Stanford said Elizabeth exited the interstate at 196 and nearly struck the guardrail going around the curve.

She was then taken into custody and her parents were notified to pick her up.

Once her dad arrived, however, the family decided it would be best to just let her finally meet Dylan. He drove her the rest of the way to see the boy.

Her mother said she felt it was necessary, so Elizabeth could finally put this all to rest.

The family released the following statement:

Thank you all so much...We canít thank you enough for all of your help in finding our daughter. An amber alert was placed in Nashville, Tennessee and Beth was pulled over and taken into custody by the Nashville Police Department.. Beth is safe and sound. Thank God! My husband will be in Nashville in 30 minutes and is on his way to the police station, to pick Beth up and bring her home...

Thank you all and God Bless You for the Amazing Job in Finding our Daughter!

WV
09-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Ahhh yeah that's exactly how I would have handled it with my daughter. :doh!:

And people wonder why kids have entitlement issues today.

TEX
09-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Such a small world...I work with the girl's father. He works contract for the City of Houston on various special events. He's a real nice guy. CRAZY STUFF!

seclark
09-07-2012, 01:53 PM
what if dylan is 42 and not 12?
sec

Chiefspants
09-07-2012, 01:54 PM
True love.

Detoxing
09-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Future psycho ex wife.

Canofbier
09-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Ahhh yeah that's exactly how I would have handled it with my daughter. :doh!:

And people wonder why kids have entitlement issues today.

I don't see the problem in taking her the rest of the way to see him and then punishing her when you get home. Shows her that you care about her and the things she wants, but that causing trouble isn't the way to get them.

Bob Dole
09-07-2012, 02:06 PM
She was on the news here this morning. Bob Dole didn't see her as she passed through town.

Douche Baggins
09-07-2012, 02:07 PM
She was horrified to learn that Roy is not 12.

vailpass
09-07-2012, 02:32 PM
They had to let them meet before she turns into a spinster. They are 12 and 13 and he's in Kentucky. They should have been married with 2 kids by now.

loochy
09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
SHE HAWT

http://media.khou.com/images/470*261/elizabeth-robinson2.jpg

bishop_74
09-07-2012, 02:38 PM
SHE HAWT

GAH! You know we extend a certain trust on this board, and let everyone post. You sir have crossed the line.

vailpass
09-07-2012, 02:45 PM

It was funnier the first way you had it. I would have quoted and laughed but figured you might not want it out there.

HemiEd
09-07-2012, 02:47 PM
I agree with letting her meet him. If she would do this (and I can't imagine how a girl that age accomplished it) to meet him, what would happen if she didn't get to meet him. Out of control child at a very bad age IMO.

Then let the punishment commence.

Douche Baggins
09-07-2012, 02:50 PM
It was funnier the first way you had it. I would have quoted and laughed but figured you might not want it out there.

LMAO

It doesn't work that way. I don't live in Kentucky.

Sorter
09-07-2012, 02:50 PM

Edit isn't funny

Phobia
09-07-2012, 02:52 PM
My 14 year old (at the time) tried this once - except it was to drive from KC to Virginia. She made it to Sedalia before a cop pulled over what he presumed to be a drunk driver. I got dragged out of bed in the middle of the night and got to go get her at about 3:00 AM. We got processed and got home just in time for her to get dressed and leave for school - hell, yeah I made her go too.

HemiEd
09-07-2012, 02:56 PM
My 14 year old (at the time) tried this once - except it was to drive from KC to Virginia. She made it to Sedalia before a cop pulled over what he presumed to be a drunk driver. I got dragged out of bed in the middle of the night and got to go get her at about 3:00 AM. We got processed and got home just in time for her to get dressed and leave for school - hell, yeah I made her go too.

Parenting is so fun sometimes. How did she deal with not being successful?

Chiefspants
09-07-2012, 02:57 PM

Someone's quick with the edit.

Fire Me Boy!
09-07-2012, 03:00 PM

She got a participation trophy, so it's all good.

Phobia
09-07-2012, 03:03 PM

I don't think she ever expected to get far. She had like $28 and a 12-pack of diet coke. Didn't even try to take anything else with her.

Dayze
09-07-2012, 03:03 PM
ass = beat

Deberg_1990
09-07-2012, 03:23 PM

Holy cow wow. I can't wait for my kids to be teens!

Tombstone RJ
09-07-2012, 03:38 PM
If I was her older brother I'd probably be just a tad ticked off too. The parents are really fortunate this ended well, I know they want to use this as a "teachable" moment but I'd come down hard on her if she was my kid. No more xbox, ever, and a curfew and other punishments like this to make her feel like hammered schit after it's all said and done.

vailpass
09-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Did they carve a scarlet W into her forehead?

jspchief
09-07-2012, 04:18 PM
SHE HAWT

Not fat enough /Hawk

Phobia
09-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Holy cow wow. I can't wait for my kids to be teens!

Extenuating circumstances, bro. We had just won custody of she and her sister. She was a freshman in a strange new high school with no friends and wasn't adjusting well. It wasn't a huge surprise and everybody handled as well as they possibly could. The Sedalia cops didn't even cite her.

Bugeater
09-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Fuck that goddamn online gaming bullshit. I curse the day I bought my son that goddamned life-wasting POS Xbox and signed him up for that shit. To any of you parents out there that haven't yet made that mistake...DON'T FUCKING DO IT.

notorious
09-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Take away her Twinkies and Crisco.

As far as punishing her for running away.........

Shogun
09-07-2012, 08:18 PM
**** that goddamn online gaming bullshit. I curse the day I bought my son that goddamned life-wasting POS Xbox and signed him up for that shit. To any of you parents out there that haven't yet made that mistake...DON'T ****ING DO IT.

sounds like somebodies dad took away their cornhole bags and are wanting revenge. :D

Bugeater
09-07-2012, 08:33 PM
sounds like somebodies dad took away their cornhole bags and are wanting revenge. :D
I have no idea what that means.

Shogun
09-07-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm just making an old person joke. I had no actual rebuttal. :( I WASN'T PREPARED FOR THIS.

loochy
09-07-2012, 08:42 PM
SHE HAWT

I don't understand why the image tags don't work.

Bugeater
09-07-2012, 08:47 PM
I don't understand why the image tags don't work.
Wonder if that star in the URL is fucking something up.

http://tinyurl.com/97s6vtb

Canofbier
09-07-2012, 09:01 PM
**** that goddamn online gaming bullshit. I curse the day I bought my son that goddamned life-wasting POS Xbox and signed him up for that shit. To any of you parents out there that haven't yet made that mistake...DON'T ****ING DO IT.

I played a lot of video games as a teenager (the online ones especially). For a time, there was a big ongoing argument between my parents and I over the time I spent on my computer. They assumed that whatever issues I was having in school or otherwise were associated with me playing too many video games. I eventually pulled my shit together in the few years before I left for college, but whatever issues I had were less a result of my hobby than problems in my relationship with my parents that arose from it.

I'm off on my own now, but I have a 10-year-old little brother who is and will be going through a lot of the same things that I did. I've noticed that my parents have made a stronger effort to be a part of his hobbies and activities, and it really seems to show. He seems to be a lot more responsive to their authority than I ever was, and not even in a submissive way.

I won't claim that all situations are the same (nor do I have any experience as a parent), but I think that a lot of parents make the mistake of not involving themselves in their kids' lives because they don't feel like they can relate to them. If you make an effort, a well-raised kid ought to recognize it and respect you for it. If they don't, then they're little shit-nibblers anyway and you can let them live the rest of their lives flipping burgers. :)

Inmem58
09-07-2012, 09:08 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/08/yqegyte4.jpg

Her fake profile picture.

The boy was played

-King-
09-07-2012, 09:10 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/08/yqegyte4.jpg

Her fake profile picture.

The boy was played

LMAOLMAOLMAO How the fuck did she think she was going to explain that to him?

"Um yeah....it's kind of a long ride from Texas to Tennessee, so I took up a twinkie habit on the way..."

Inmem58
09-07-2012, 09:20 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAO How the **** did she think she was going to explain that to him?

"Um yeah....it's kind of a long ride from Texas to Tennessee, so I took up a twinkie habit on the way..."

I was kidding man lol.

I, however, took a girl on a date before and all of her pics were all 2-3 years old. When we met at the restaurant it was awkward as fuck. She was a fucking pile of shit. This thread kind of gave me flashbacks.

Deberg_1990
09-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Extenuating circumstances, bro. We had just won custody of she and her sister. She was a freshman in a strange new high school with no friends and wasn't adjusting well. It wasn't a huge surprise and everybody handled as well as they possibly could. The Sedalia cops didn't even cite her.

Interesting. Knowing how you are, you probably halfway set it up for her to teach a life lesson. :)

Phobia
09-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Interesting. Knowing how you are, you probably halfway set it up for her to teach a life lesson. :)

Heh. I'm that transparent, huh? I've done that plenty but that one was a complete surprise. Local cops knocked on my door at 2:30 AM and wanted to know if I had a 14 year old daughter and did I know her whereabouts... I refused to believe them until I went up to check for myself. Then I really refused to believe she took our van until I opened the garage door. But yeah, I set her up for the going to school part. She thought she was going home to bed. She argued with me all the way to school. There's no way you're getting what you want by doing something you shouldn't have been doing in the first place in my house. Nope.

Phobia
09-07-2012, 11:13 PM
I played a lot of video games as a teenager (the online ones especially). For a time, there was a big ongoing argument between my parents and I over the time I spent on my computer. They assumed that whatever issues I was having in school or otherwise were associated with me playing too many video games. I eventually pulled my shit together in the few years before I left for college, but whatever issues I had were less a result of my hobby than problems in my relationship with my parents that arose from it.

I'm off on my own now, but I have a 10-year-old little brother who is and will be going through a lot of the same things that I did. I've noticed that my parents have made a stronger effort to be a part of his hobbies and activities, and it really seems to show. He seems to be a lot more responsive to their authority than I ever was, and not even in a submissive way.

I won't claim that all situations are the same (nor do I have any experience as a parent), but I think that a lot of parents make the mistake of not involving themselves in their kids' lives because they don't feel like they can relate to them. If you make an effort, a well-raised kid ought to recognize it and respect you for it. If they don't, then they're little shit-nibblers anyway and you can let them live the rest of their lives flipping burgers. :)
Dude - this was written with a lot of maturity and understanding. Hold on to these experiences and use them. You're going to be an amazing father.