PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs bar in St. Louis

The Red Death
09-07-2012, 07:50 PM
I know this question comes up here almost every year at this time, is there a Chiefs bar in St. Louis? I'd like to invite you to come out to Weber's Front Row in Webster Groves. I just found this last year, after the place I used to go to closed. The crew at Weber's is 1000x better. We have a strong group of regulars that go there every week, so you don't have to worry about no one showing up when the Chiefs are shown on TV locally. We had a couple games last year with groups of Chiefs fans near 20, but I've heard of once before I started going to Weber's when there were 60 Chiefs fans. And we don't let that clout go to waste: even if the Rams are playing, the Chiefs game has the sound. In addition, we are tailgating at Weber's before opening kickoff, beginning at 9:00 AM. We also plan tailgates before the prime-time games later in the year.

Check out Weber's Front Row at http://www.webersfrontrow.com/. If you want to know more about the group, please see http://www.chiefsstl.blogspot.com/. There are more sites to check out inside.

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-07-2012, 07:55 PM
spam

crazycoffey
09-07-2012, 08:16 PM
How long has this been going on there? I used to go to webers when I lived in webstergroves, 5 or 6 years ago, just to watch the chiefs

JoeyChuckles
09-07-2012, 09:09 PM
As a Chiefs fan, would you rather live in St. Louis or Denver?

stlchiefs
09-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Might have to check this out sometime. I have a slingbox feed from Kansas that keeps me happy most of the time.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-07-2012, 09:31 PM

StL

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Colorado>>>>>>>>>>Missouri

IratePrimate
09-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Colorado>>>>>>>>>>Missouri

But then you are surrounded by Donkeys. I had buddy who moved outside Denver after college and i went out to visit. I was surprised that Denver was better then i expected. Colorado as a whole is better then MO.

Canofbier
09-07-2012, 09:54 PM

I was in St. Louis for four years during college, and that was enough for me. Probably Denver.

The Red Death
09-08-2012, 01:10 AM
My understanding is that this is the third year.

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 12:53 AM
I may go there with a raider fan friend sunday, anyone else going to be at webers?

King_Chief_Fan
10-26-2012, 06:25 AM
I was in St. Louis for four years during college, and that was enough for me. Probably Denver.

I live in St. Louis now...I like it a lot.
I prefer to live in KC though

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 06:33 AM
I live in St. Louis now...I like it a lot.
I prefer to live in KC though

Lets just get a St. Louis faction of CP to go to this Webers thing, why the hell not. At least we'll have others wearing red and gold to drink our sorrows with.

theelusiveeightrop
10-26-2012, 06:56 AM
Denver

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Or maybe I'll wear black chiefs gear even if it is the Raider's game....

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm thinking that bar looks as follows:

http://images.zagat.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/buzz_full/blog-images/ma/mars.png

Third Eye
10-26-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm thinking that bar looks as follows:

http://images.zagat.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/buzz_full/blog-images/ma/mars.png

It's actually a pretty decent neighborhood bar and grill. I used to go there often when I worked in Webster Groves. Can't say I've ever been there on a football Sunday though.

Edit: I'm referring to Weber's, not the Mars Bar obviously.

The Red Death
10-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Interesting that you bring this back up this week. Sunday we are having another tailgate in the parking lot at noon before the 3:00 game. You're certainly welcome to come by and have some BBQ if you can get there early. Crowds have been quite a bit bigger this year for the most part. We had a couple games with about 40 or 50 Chiefs fans.

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Interesting that you bring this back up this week. Sunday we are having another tailgate in the parking lot at noon before the 3:00 game. You're certainly welcome to come by and have some BBQ if you can get there early. Crowds have been quite a bit bigger this year for the most part. We had a couple games with about 40 or 50 Chiefs fans.

Nice. I just may. Can I bring anything or contribute to the cause?

The Red Death
10-26-2012, 11:02 PM
The email I got stated that they weren't looking for anything else foodwise. They would accept a few bucks to cover costs, but it's not absolutely necessary.

crazycoffey
10-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Thank you.

Fritz88
11-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Any options besides Weber's? I live pretty far from there.

vailpass
11-02-2013, 09:52 PM
So you want people to come to St. Louis? On purpose? When they don't have to?

The Red Death
11-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Weber's is actually in Webster Groves, not St. Louis proper. The Webster Groves/Kirkwood area is actually considered one of the best areas in the St. Louis metro.

Fritz88, I understand your concern. I don't really live that close to Weber's either, but for me to drive the extra miles is worth it. I'm sure if you have a generic sports bar in your area like Hotshots, you can ask them to put on the Chiefs game and they'd probably do it. But you probably won't get the audio, and you sure won't get a restaurant full of fans yelling each time the Chiefs score a touchdown, get a first down, or sack the quarterback. As the Chiefs have continued to play well the crowd has become more impressive. We probably average 75 Chiefs fans or better now, and one week we had about 110. And yes, we've had several fans who have come in passing through or in town for just the weekend who came in "when they didn't have to."

With the game on Sunday night in two weeks I would imagine we would be tailgating in the parking lot before the game, but don't know that yet for sure. I'd certainly invite you to come by whenever you have a chance if you'd like. There used to be a Chiefs bar I went to on Manchester, but it shut down about five years ago, before I found Weber's. I don't know of any others that claim to be Chiefs bars or have regular fan gatherings.

Groves
11-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Springfield CP gatherings are always in STL, and well attended btw.

Fritz88
11-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Weber's is actually in Webster Groves, not St. Louis proper. The Webster Groves/Kirkwood area is actually considered one of the best areas in the St. Louis metro.

Fritz88, I understand your concern. I don't really live that close to Weber's either, but for me to drive the extra miles is worth it. I'm sure if you have a generic sports bar in your area like Hotshots, you can ask them to put on the Chiefs game and they'd probably do it. But you probably won't get the audio, and you sure won't get a restaurant full of fans yelling each time the Chiefs score a touchdown, get a first down, or sack the quarterback. As the Chiefs have continued to play well the crowd has become more impressive. We probably average 75 Chiefs fans or better now, and one week we had about 110. And yes, we've had several fans who have come in passing through or in town for just the weekend who came in "when they didn't have to."

With the game on Sunday night in two weeks I would imagine we would be tailgating in the parking lot before the game, but don't know that yet for sure. I'd certainly invite you to come by whenever you have a chance if you'd like. There used to be a Chiefs bar I went to on Manchester, but it shut down about five years ago, before I found Weber's. I don't know of any others that claim to be Chiefs bars or have regular fan gatherings.

I was at Weber's for the Browns game. It was fun and would come back. Only issue is that I live in Creve Couer and need to be somewhere at 3:45. Weber's is too far for me this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Red Death
11-03-2013, 06:35 AM
In that area, Wild Wings on Olive would be the best bet that comes to mind. You could probably get the game on. I just don't know of any other fan gathering areas.

TheLampshade
11-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Scarecrow in West County will play the audio for Chiefs games. It's a great bar/restaurant that doesn't really get the Sunday afternoon sports crowd. They're happy to get the business, have great beer and food, and Cassie, an exceptionally hot bartender who totally hasn't been in the news recently for stabbing her boyfriend.

scarecrowstl.com
1095 Chesterfield Pkwy E Chesterfield, MO 63017