PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Question about Tamba

ku_jhawk23
09-07-2012, 10:49 PM
I keep reading everywhere online that Tamba is missing the game because of weed. Where is this coming from? The NFL said that Tamba's situation was unique because it wasn't clearly defined by the substance abuse policy. Weed is clearly defined. Has the real reason been released?

As a Chiefs fan, I'm a little pissed that he is suspended by something that isn't "clearly defined." If it isn't defined, how the hell did he do something wrong? Am I missing something?

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-07-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm guessing he tested postive for weed.

ku_jhawk23
09-07-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm guessing he tested postive for weed.

Here's the problem with that...from Kent Babb:

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells me that Hali's situation/suspension is unique and isn't defined specifically by the substance policy.

Testing positive for weed is CLEARLY defined by the substance policy, so according to the Aiello statement, it isn't that.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Here's the problem with that...from Kent Babb:

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells me that Hali's situation/suspension is unique and isn't defined specifically by the substance policy.

Testing positive for weed is CLEARLY defined by the substance policy, so according to the Aiello statement, it isn't that.

Since he didn't fight it I'm just going to go with he's guilty of something he knows he can't beat and welcome him back in week #2.

-King-
09-07-2012, 11:04 PM
He killed a hooker when he Vegas last year.

cdcox
09-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Bath salts or purple drank.

DaFace
09-07-2012, 11:07 PM
I think the weed thing was just pure speculation - I haven't read anywhere about a specific reason being given. Some have suspected that he was around some others who were smoking or something like that, but I don't believe we really have any idea.

Rain Man
09-07-2012, 11:13 PM
I bet they caught him with a toad.

A Salt Weapon
09-07-2012, 11:18 PM
I thought him and DJ were taking medication for hemoroids?
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
09-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm wondering if he was smoking the fake weed crap.

Claynus
09-07-2012, 11:21 PM
It's really not that important.

All this bad stuff is just the fates aligning to rid us of Matt Cassel.

Football gods are looking out for us.

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm wondering if he was smoking the fake weed crap.

This what I was going to say. I'm betting the NFL doesn't have a policy in place for this particular "drug".

KcMizzou
09-07-2012, 11:26 PM
He killed a hooker when he Vegas last year.Well, who doesn't do that once in a while?

Phobia
09-07-2012, 11:40 PM
This what I was going to say. I'm betting the NFL doesn't have a policy in place for this particular "drug".

I was pretty skeptical about that crap a while back and had a few beers in me when one of my hard-luck employees (guy lived in my shop for a while) offered me a hit. I don't even partake of the real stuff any longer but for some strange reason I thought it would be a good idea to try that garbage. It knocked me loopy. I mean, I was just silly. That stuff is no joke. I won't touch it again.

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2012, 11:44 PM
I was pretty skeptical about that crap a while back and had a few beers in me when one of my hard-luck employees offered me a hit. I don't even partake of the real stuff any longer but for some strange reason I thought it would be a good idea to try that garbage. It knocked me loopy. I mean, I was just silly. That stuff is no joke. I won't touch it again.

I've heard it's really scary because different people have different formulas. I don't mess around with any of that stuff and never have but this new drug has the potential to do some real damage.

I remember when people thought Ecstasy was "safe" and then it was revealed to lead to Parkinson's and Alzheimer's at an early age.

I stick to the age old vices: Beer and whiskey. Beer is like 10,000 years old and whiskey. How is whiskey? I just forgot.

Probably the beer.

:D

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-07-2012, 11:44 PM
I was pretty skeptical about that crap a while back and had a few beers in me when one of my hard-luck employees (guy lived in my shop for a while) offered me a hit. I don't even partake of the real stuff any longer but for some strange reason I thought it would be a good idea to try that garbage. It knocked me loopy. I mean, I was just silly. That stuff is no joke. I won't touch it again.

OK what is the fake weed? I've smoked many times in my life but it never did anything but make me really chill.

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2012, 11:46 PM
OK what is the fake weed? I've smoked many times in my life but it never did anything but make me really chill.

It's called K2 or Spice.

Phobia
09-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Some combination of chemicals that is legal in some counties to sell OTC in convenience stores. I don't know but it's nasty. Not for me. For the life of me I've no idea why I tried it in the first place. Plumb stupid. I'm embarrassed to even admit to it openly on here. Hopefully my warning will help people make a better decision than I did.

Unsmooth-Moment
09-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Some combination of chemicals that is legal in some counties to sell OTC in convenience stores. I don't know but it's nasty. Not for me. For the life of me I've no idea why I tried it in the first place. Plumb stupid. I'm embarrassed to even admit to it openly on here. Hopefully my warning will help people make a better decision than I did.

Yeah that K2 stuff taste terrible.. nasty stuff

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2012, 11:50 PM

Some concoctions employ a hallucinogenic as well.

If I ever took a hallucinogenic, I'm not sure I'd ever recover. Seriously.

Dirty Bird
09-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Tamba being suspended is a godsend. Our LT Sam Baker was rated among the lowest for T's in blocking efficiency. He almost single handedly let Matt Ryan get destroyed last year. Tamba's absence should give Ryan some more time to find targets downfield.

BossChief
09-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Tamba being suspended is a godsend. Our LT Sam Baker was rated among the lowest for T's in blocking efficiency. He almost single handedly let Matt Ryan get destroyed last year. Tamba's absence should give Ryan some more time to find targets downfield.

You better hope they don't move Houston over to that side.

mikey23545
09-08-2012, 12:53 AM

I can't wait for Billay to post this on your business's Facebook page.

TinyEvel
09-08-2012, 01:05 AM
I've heard it's really scary because different people have different formulas. I don't mess around with any of that stuff and never have but this new drug has the potential to do some real damage.

I remember when people thought Ecstasy was "safe" and then it was revealed to lead to Parkinson's and Alzheimer's at an early age.

I stick to the age old vices: Beer and whiskey. Beer is like 10,000 years old and whiskey. How is whiskey? I just forgot.

Probably the beer.

Not sure I've ever seen you drink a beer bro.

Dirty Bird
09-08-2012, 01:09 AM
You better hope they don't move Houston over to that side.
We'll just throw in a FB or TE to chip block him. Blocking Houston, Johnson and Tamba would've been tough. With Tamba gone it's easier for the Falcons to gameplan for Sunday. Plus, Houston doesn't have the type of ability Tamba possesses. Tamba for you is like John Abraham for us. Although the Chiefs get more pass rush from different players the main force behind that is Tamba.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2012, 01:30 AM
Not sure I've ever seen you drink a beer bro.

What was I drinking, if at all? Vodka soda?

Will you have time this season to catch a game? I've got the newborn, so it might be rough.

But I do have a new soundproofed room with a 42" LED that might suffice on game day.

CoMoChief
09-08-2012, 01:41 AM

LMAO really?

I got high for maybe 5min when I tried that K2 stuff.

Now bath salts....lol I suggest that to no one. I tried that one time just to see what it did...and it was the first time I've blacked out but was completely awake the entire night and morning....sitting on the couch in the living room, it's about 9am I'm just starring at the TV wondering what happened the last 10-12 hrs.

New World Order
09-08-2012, 01:49 AM
I am wondering if he received some sort of citation for weed and didn't report it to the NFL

Chiefnj2
09-08-2012, 06:10 AM
If you TEST positive for a substance you get a 4 game suspension.

Hypothetical - Hali could have been arrested for being in a car with other guys where the car was full of smoke. He doesn't report it to the NFL. Later the NFL learns he was arrested as part of a drug charge, but they don't have a positive test for him.

Things like the hypothetical lead to a 1 game suspension. Involvement or an arrest involving a banned substance, but not a positive urine test.

mcaj22
09-08-2012, 06:29 AM
if he was arrested and charged with anything it wouldnt fall under the substance abuse

and it wouldnt only be 1 game

I think he just did some sort of shit drug that isnt under the rules. Like someone said, he was in Pennsylvania at a hooka lounge pissing himself.

Ace Gunner
09-08-2012, 06:47 AM
He was said to have been knicked by a cop for weed.

So, it is possible Tamba was ticketed for weed by a cop in a state that labels this offense "misdemeanor" and requires a small fine. No media hoopla, the NFL caught wind, perhaps tested long after the fact, didn't come back positive and suspended him.

And that fake weed stuff is terrible for you. It can cause respiratory disease.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-08-2012, 06:50 AM
It's really not that important.

All this bad stuff is just the fates aligning to rid us of Matt Cassel.

Football gods are looking out for us.

They are aligning to rid us of something alright....

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Tamba loses a game, yet that thug Dum gets no suspension

MahiMike
09-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Koolaid. He's drinkin' the Koolaid and we ALL need some!

Bump
09-08-2012, 08:06 AM

ya that K-2 crap is made out of chemicals. I tried it once, got high like a weed high but it's not safe to me. How can you trust a chemical? I trust the good old natural MJ since I know it's perfectly safe and good for me.

Caseyguyrr
09-08-2012, 08:26 AM
LMAO really?

I got high for maybe 5min when I tried that K2 stuff.

Now bath salts....lol I suggest that to no one. I tried that one time just to see what it did...and it was the first time I've blacked out but was completely awake the entire night and morning....sitting on the couch in the living room, it's about 9am I'm just starring at the TV wondering what happened the last 10-12 hrs.

bath salts are essentially synthetic amphetamines

Bob Dole
09-08-2012, 11:38 AM
He was hanging around outside the Cobalt Lounge in Atlanta.

boogblaster
09-08-2012, 11:59 AM
sniffin' his foot-powder .....

Pestilence
09-08-2012, 12:05 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g150/jiznapple/cheesing.jpg