PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs People who typically work Sundays...

Ceej
09-08-2012, 12:56 PM
I usually work 3 out of the 4 Sundays each month.

For those of you who also work on Sundays do you guys follow the game on your phone? Radio? Internet?

I'm seriously thinking about doing none of these tomorrow.

The tentative plan is to DVR the game and watch it when I get off work at four.

How do you guys pass the workdays during a Chiefs game?

beach tribe
09-08-2012, 01:05 PM
I told them I would straight up quit, if I couldn't have Sundays off. Been working 7 days a week for about 7 months now. Even though, I go in after 5 PM on Sundays to tend Bar, I still wasn't working Sundays this season. Too many details I want to pay attention to this year. I can watch the games at work too, just not the way I want to, and I also tend to have profanity laced out bursts from time to time, and that's not good for a family friendly environment.

Predarat
09-08-2012, 01:07 PM
I used to work a fair amount of Sundays and blared the radio. If the customers didn't like it they could come back when the game is over.

Count Alex's Losses
09-08-2012, 01:21 PM
I just have it on off to the side while I'm concentrating on the other games. If something funny or cool happens I can glance at it, smile and nod.

That's about all the attention the Chiefs are worth on Sunday to be honest, so I'm cool with it.

Planetman
09-08-2012, 01:53 PM
101thefox.net

Ceej
09-08-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm going to attempt this tomorrow.

The tricky thing is not checking my fantasy scores either.

RevDrChance
09-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Turn your phone off, avoid the internet, and do NOT tell anybody what you are doing. Some idiot is sure to tell you details if you do.

R8RFAN
09-08-2012, 02:26 PM
I usually work 3 out of the 4 Sundays each month.

For those of you who also work on Sundays do you guys follow the game on your phone? Radio? Internet?

I'm seriously thinking about doing none of these tomorrow.

The tentative plan is to DVR the game and watch it when I get off work at four.

How do you guys pass the workdays during a Chiefs game?

When my team plays they automatically know I am not going to be there

sedated
09-08-2012, 02:38 PM
If you have the type of job that would let you blow off actual work for a bit, you could get a slingbox and watch on your phone or computer.

DVRing has always taken a bit away from the game for me. You have to shut yourself off from the world until you get home (no internet, no tv, no radio in your car). Then you watch the game knowing that all of this has already happened and one slip of the finger could reveal the score.

rico
09-08-2012, 03:11 PM
I work every other Sunday. I usually find a way.

Rain Man
09-08-2012, 03:12 PM

Wow. I didn't realize the stands were that empty.

Oh, and it really bothers me to watch a recorded game for some reason. My psyche knows that it's not live, which means that I shouldn't get excited about it. I really wish I could put that aside, but I can't, so I'd rather hear the game live on a static-filled radio than watch it delayed on a 60" high-def TV.

Inmem58
09-08-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm off every Sunday and it just so happens my boss calls me to go to work tomorrow. I was late answering my phone, thankfully he said he got some guys already. Whew!!!!!

Baconeater
09-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I would never have a job that required me to work on Sundays. However I am on call every 3rd week so there's always a chance I'll get interrupted by that.

Bump
09-08-2012, 03:20 PM
I've tried that, I would record the game and try to go into the game blind. But it never worked.

Fat Elvis
09-08-2012, 03:29 PM
I DVR the games, not because I have to work, but because I like to do things with my family. Meh, the game is still "live" to me and I can skip through the commercials.

Ceej
09-08-2012, 03:41 PM
I've tried that, I would record the game and try to go into the game blind. But it never worked.

This is my plan tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

Going to be a motherfucker not checking my fantasy team scores too.

GODDAMMIT!

Demonpenz
09-08-2012, 03:44 PM
might make the workday go faster just to follow the game on twitter and chiefsplanet.

R8RFAN
09-08-2012, 03:52 PM
I am taking Monday off even though I work days so I will be game ready

Ceej
09-08-2012, 04:03 PM
I am taking Monday off even though I work days so I will be game ready

I'm off at six Monday and off Tuesday.

So I look forward to the double header MNF games.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Try to tell yourself the game starts at the time you'll be home to watch the DVR'd version. Had to do that for the Faid game last year, but couldn't wait and said hell with it and looked at the score....seeing them eliminated from the playoffs. Don't like watching DVR'd games, but I'll have to a few times again this year.

Ceej
09-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Try to tell yourself the game starts at the time you'll be home to watch the DVR'd version. Had to do that for the Faid game last year, but couldn't wait and said hell with it and looked at the score....seeing them eliminated from the playoffs. Don't like watching DVR'd games, but I'll have to a few times again this year.

I normally don't. But, man this is going to be tough.

I probably should keep my phone at home or in my car.

The more I think about this...the less I actually see myself actually doing it.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-08-2012, 04:23 PM
I was able to withhold and watch the first Faider game on DVR and was treated to a 28-0 stomping of those turds, soo it pays to be patient. I can understand if you cave and take a peak opening day and all. Who knows maybe a little "cough, cough" will strike tomorrow ;)

Ceej
09-08-2012, 04:27 PM
I was able to withhold and watch the first Faider game on DVR and was treated to a 28-0 stomping of those turds, soo it pays to be patient. I can understand if you cave and take a peak opening day and all. Who knows maybe a little "cough, cough" will strike tomorrow ;)

As perfect as that sounds - i haven't missed a day yet in almost four years.

I'm going to try my best to not peek.

It kills me just thinking about it.

ThaVirus
09-08-2012, 05:45 PM
101thefox.net

What is this? A stream?

Reerun_KC
09-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Slingbox. Watch on my phone ipad or PC when ever I am away from the house.

Hog Farmer
09-08-2012, 09:47 PM
I don't think I've missed a game since 1986

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Many moons ago when I worked Sundays it was in the electronics department of a large department store and the game was on about 60 tvs so... I saw most of them heh.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-08-2012, 10:05 PM
What is this? A stream?

It's the Chiefs' flagship station so yeah, they carry the game.

kcpasco
09-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Sunday Ticket on my iphone

mr. tegu
09-08-2012, 10:30 PM
I used to bring a radio.

Inmem58
09-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Sunday Ticket on my iphone

It's horrible. I had it last season, talk about garbage.

Ceej
09-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Good chance I won't be able to do this.

oh the pain!!!

mr. tegu
09-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Good chance I won't be able to do this.

oh the pain!!!

I have tried it but it's so hard. You have fantasy and then even worse is if you have bets on games so you can't even check those.

Ceej
09-08-2012, 10:37 PM
I have tried it but it's so hard. You have fantasy and then even worse is if you have bets on games so you can't even check those.

Checking fantasy scores is what is going to kill me.

FUCK IT. I. CANT. DO. IT.

J Diddy
09-08-2012, 10:38 PM

So do they automatically start raising bail money for you?

(heheh, sorry couldn't resist)

Bump
09-08-2012, 10:40 PM
This is my plan tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

Going to be a mother****er not checking my fantasy team scores too.

GODDAMMIT!

Good luck sir :thumb:

you'll need it

Ceej
09-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Are you still considered a quitter if you never tried??

KCrockaholic
09-09-2012, 02:11 AM
When I was hired I told them I wouldn't work Sunday's no matter what. Luckily they were ok with that.

But I just so happened to end up working last year when the Chiefs played the Packers. I DVR'd it. My buddies at work were awesome and didn't spoil it for me. Of course they joked and made up random scores, but I got home and watched the game peacefully. I won't miss another game.

ChiefsNow
09-09-2012, 04:43 AM
I just have it on off to the side while I'm concentrating on the other games. If something funny or cool happens I can glance at it, smile and nod.

That's about all the attention the Chiefs are worth on Sunday to be honest, so I'm cool with it.

You spend so much time on this site. When are you going to become a Chiefs fan?

RedDread
09-09-2012, 05:07 AM
It's the Chiefs' flagship station so yeah, they carry the game.

Are you sure? I thought they blocked it because the NFL makes money off of the audio stream.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-09-2012, 05:21 AM
Are you sure? I thought they blocked it because the NFL makes money off of the audio stream.

Flagship stations are generally allowed anything and everything they want due to the contract between the team and the station. I can't speak specifically to 101 The Fox having never listened to them during a game. If they don't have it then it's a rare case and I'm wrong.

R8RFAN
09-09-2012, 07:10 AM

I get one call, I just call the ole lady and tell her to get the checkbook out

mr. tegu
09-09-2012, 07:27 AM
Are you still considered a quitter if you never tried??

Quitter, no. Failure, yes. :)

JASONSAUTO
09-09-2012, 07:39 AM
When I was hired I told them I wouldn't work Sunday's no matter what. Luckily they were ok with that.

But I just so happened to end up working last year when the Chiefs played the Packers. I DVR'd it. My buddies at work were awesome and didn't spoil it for me. Of course they joked and made up random scores, but I got home and watched the game peacefully. I won't miss another game. work I'd calling they need you, and we need the Mojo.

I mean do you realize what happened when you worked during a game? We fucking won
Posted via Mobile Device

RippedmyFlesh
09-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Wow. I didn't realize the stands were that empty.

Oh, and it really bothers me to watch a recorded game for some reason. My psyche knows that it's not live, which means that I shouldn't get excited about it. I really wish I could put that aside, but I can't, so I'd rather hear the game live on a static-filled radio than watch it delayed on a 60" high-def TV.

I have been doing this since VCR's first came out and have no problem with the fact it already happened. For me it was all about not knowing.
86 world series back then it was tape instead of dvr so you had to rewind.
You had to be careful which station to have the tv on while rewinding.
I remember to not turn on radio on way home from work.
Get home turn tv to MTV and rewind. Within 2 minutes fricking MTV congratulates the NY mets.

Ceej
09-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Quitter, no. Failure, yes. :)

I think I'm okay with this.

LMAO

Al Bundy
09-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Flagship stations are generally allowed anything and everything they want due to the contract between the team and the station. I can't speak specifically to 101 The Fox having never listened to them during a game. If they don't have it then it's a rare case and I'm wrong.

I know Tampa Bay's flagship station plays country music on their stream during games.

Rausch
09-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Save up my vacation and comp time from the year and have 4 months of 4 day work weeks...:thumb:

R8RFAN
09-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Save up my vacation and comp time from the year and have 4 months of 4 day work weeks...:thumb:

Smart Man :thumb:

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-09-2012, 09:58 AM
You spend so much time on this site. When are you going to become a Chiefs fan?

He's trolling. The kid's probably at home geeked out of his mind for today's game.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-09-2012, 10:00 AM

Cmon now everyone knows the Faid are broadcast coast to coast in every American prison. They let them off from making plates to watch the game.