PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Everyone step back from the ledge....

petegz28
09-09-2012, 11:55 PM
It was only one game and we were minus some significant players. Yes, the Broncos won....against a Steelers team that is clearly on the decline but also riddled with injuries. That doesn't mean an automatic SB bid for them regardless of how hard Chris Collinsworth sucks Manning off.

We had a game today where it came down to the first team the blinked would lose. Atlanta's offense is much more mature than ours so it's not unexpected that we blinked first.

Look at the bright side of it. Our defense couldn't stop anything today and we were still in the game mid-way through the 3rd quarter. Yes, our offense went toe-toe with an offensive machine for almost 3 quarters. That's improvment all the way around.

We had 8 defensive personel out of the game. When Hali and Flowers return I expect a few stops a game at least.

The way the defense played today we were not going to win because we couldn't get a stop so the offense finally sputtering was for all intents and purposes moot.

Last year the Steelers lost their first game 35-7 and was in the playoffs. We started out 0-3, had a shitload of injuries and still damn near made the playoffs.

The Saints lost at home today to a rookie QB, would you count them out? The Packers lost at home as well.

Let's give it a few weeks before we start handing over the division to Manning.

Mecca
09-09-2012, 11:56 PM
That Manning guy can put his team on his back our QB can't...that's all we need to know about this division.

petegz28
09-09-2012, 11:58 PM
That Manning guy can put his team on his back our QB can't...that's all we need to know about this division.

Are you saying Rivers can't do the same? We have faced this before and come out on top. Manning was good tonight but nothing that I would call spectacular. The Broncos defense contributed as well, something our backups were not able to do today.

BryanBusby
09-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Are you saying Rivers can't do the same? We have faced this before and come out on top. Manning was good tonight but nothing that I would call spectacular. The Broncos defense contributed as well, something our backups were not able to do today.
Rivers has struggled to do exactly that.

cdcox
09-10-2012, 12:00 AM
This thread has been made each one of the 13 years that Chiefsplanet has been in existence and we have zero playoff wins over that period. It's time for you to step up to the ledge, bub.

Mecca
09-10-2012, 12:02 AM
We have arguable the worst QB in the division, trying to win with a game manager in today's NFL is a losing battle.

KCtotheSB
09-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Y'know, there's got to be a point where you stop sprinkling glitter and sprinkles on the giant lump of dog shit you invite into your household every Sunday. Will it take us going 0-16 to do that?

mcaj22
09-10-2012, 12:05 AM
did you really just compare this Chiefs team to three Super Bowl caliber teams in the Steelers, Saints and Packers and justified we will be okay because three proven recent winning franchises lost today with us?

you actually think this Chiefs team is on any of those teams level? get out of here lol

petegz28
09-10-2012, 12:06 AM
We have arguable the worst QB in the division, trying to win with a game manager in today's NFL is a losing battle.

Depending on which Carson Palmer shows up I would say we defnitely have the worst QB in the division. We had the best QB in the division with Green and never won anything. Marty had some of the worst QB's in the division and got us to the playoffs at least.

I am not saying we should have hopes of a SB bid, but that the season is defnitiely not to be written off yet. Stranger things have happened. I;m just saying let's give it a few games before we toss in the towel.

Mecca
09-10-2012, 12:06 AM
If we get Brees, Big Ben or Rodgers I'll step back from the ledge, deal?

petegz28
09-10-2012, 12:07 AM
did you really just compare this Chiefs team to three Super Bowl caliber teams in the Steelers, Saints and Packers and justified we will be okay because three proven recent winning franchises lost today with us?

you actually think this Chiefs team is on any of those teams level? get out of here lol

We damn near beat the Steelers with Palko. We beat the Packers. Any given Sunday, man.

petegz28
09-10-2012, 12:07 AM
If we get Brees, Big Ben or Rodgers I'll step back from the ledge, deal?

And there are 30 other teams who would want the same.

petegz28
09-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Y'know, there's got to be a point where you stop sprinkling glitter and sprinkles on the giant lump of dog shit you invite into your household every Sunday. Will it take us going 0-16 to do that?

Perhaps but I am just not ready to cash it in because of one loss when we were missing a lot of key players.

Mecca
09-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Perhaps but I am just not ready to cash it in because of one loss when we were missing a lot of key players.

So what are you hoping for 8 wins missing the playoffs barely and drafting 14th or maybe sneaking into the playoffs and getting killed I dunno just seems like rooting for heartbreak and to continue the process we're stuck in.

petegz28
09-10-2012, 12:15 AM
So what are you hoping for 8 wins missing the playoffs barely and drafting 14th or maybe sneaking into the playoffs and getting killed I dunno just seems like rooting for heartbreak and to continue the process we're stuck in.

Sorry, i just cant root for us to lose. Some people can but i cant

KILLER_CLOWN
09-10-2012, 12:17 AM
I've heard this before man, i'm jumping.

BryanBusby
09-10-2012, 12:19 AM

I don't think there is an argument. Even a broken down Carson Palmer is still better than Matt Cassel.

Carson Palmer sat on the couch for half the year (if you want to include camp, etc.) last season and still played better than Cassel. That was with one game where Palmer got thrown into a dumpster fire against us.

petegz28
09-10-2012, 12:21 AM
I don't think there is an argument. Even a broken down Carson Palmer is still better than Matt Cassel.

Carson Palmer sat on the couch for half the year (if you want to include camp, etc.) last season and still played better than Cassel. That was with one game where Palmer got thrown into a dumpster fire against us.

So then why do yu even watch the games?

BryanBusby
09-10-2012, 12:23 AM
If you really wanna know, I didn't watch almost all of the game live.

And honestly, I was asking myself that question as I was flipping through it on DVR.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-10-2012, 12:23 AM

We like disasters, everybody likes to rubberneck ya know.

TinyEvel
09-10-2012, 12:24 AM
I just tossed in a towel.

But I'm gonna root for the Chiefs all season long.

:D

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Go fuck yourself, Pete

KILLER_CLOWN
09-10-2012, 12:25 AM

Step up to the ledge with me, let's start a mass suicide. :p

petegz28
09-10-2012, 12:27 AM

Lmao

petegz28
09-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Go fuck yourself, Pete

I love you too, Dane

mikey23545
09-10-2012, 12:51 AM

One bad loss by the Chiefs and you come crawling out of the dung heap right away, don't you?

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2012, 12:53 AM
One bad loss by the Chiefs and you come crawling out of the dung heap right away, don't you?

One?

LMAO

Why should talking Chiefs football be a priority for anyone at this point?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-10-2012, 01:02 AM
One?

LMAO

Why should talking Chiefs football be a priority for anyone at this point?

We have to figure out now which 6 wins come at what point during the season.

mdchiefsfan
09-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Everyone wants to pin this on Cassel, I get it, but this wasn't Cassel's fault. Where we faultered is when the kickoff team allowed a 77 yd return. We gave up guaranteed points. Then Cassel is blindsided and gives up a fumble inside out redzone. This deficit (given that our defense coudn't stop shit) put us in the position where our strengh was negated. The run wasnt workng and Cassel still made plays (though the intercepton was dumb). I think a lot of our issues offensively can be ironed out, defense will require some work, but that was our strength and will be ironed out with the return of some key players. Not sweating here.

BryanBusby
09-10-2012, 01:55 AM
I haven't seen many blaming solely Cassel for the loss, but lets not pretend he wasn't a factor in the eventual collapse.

mdchiefsfan
09-10-2012, 02:05 AM
I haven't seen many blaming solely Cassel for the loss, but lets not pretend he wasn't a factor in the eventual collapse.

Lets put it this way. Everyone complained that the offense previously didn't give the defense a break, which caused our defense to be exhausted and unable top perform. This wasn't the case today. Our defense put our offense in a position to be unable to stick to our strength. Cassel did what he could, which is limited, but he still did more than I expected.

Put it this way, if the defense would've played the way we thought they could, with Cassel's play (and without the special teams failure) could they have won this game? Yes is the answer, because Charles wouldn't have been suffocated and Cassel could've been making plays without being 3rd and as long as he was. (yet again the int was his lone bonehead play)

BryanBusby
09-10-2012, 02:11 AM
You're not going to be able to play to your strengths every single week (actual good teams will take that away) and you'll have to adapt.

This team couldn't adapt and neither could Matt Cassel. Whether we like it or not, Cassel is the leader of the team. If shit goes wrong, who do you think is going to be scrutinized first? The leader.

mdchiefsfan
09-10-2012, 03:01 AM
You're not going to be able to play to your strengths every single week (actual good teams will take that away) and you'll have to adapt.

This team couldn't adapt and neither could Matt Cassel. Whether we like it or not, Cassel is the leader of the team. If shit goes wrong, who do you think is going to be scrutinized first? The leader.

but we're not taking about any game, we're taking about this game. Answer the question.

The issue is, with this game, we took our strength away from ourselves. Our defense left us unable to play to our strengths, thus the fault for the loss lays with the defnese, not Cassel, sorry.

BryanBusby
09-10-2012, 03:30 AM
Your question is irrelevant as the NFL is a very difficult league and Defenses aren't going to play lights out for 16+ weeks. There will come a time when the other side of the ball (this is a team sport) will need to step up, and the offense failed to do so.

Also, you're wrong. The Falcons took away the Chiefs so called strengths.

chiefzilla1501
09-10-2012, 05:09 AM
And there are 30 other teams who would want the same.

And im pretty sure we are the only team in the league that doesn't try. 30 years and not a single first or second round qb drafted?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-10-2012, 05:13 AM

Arguably?

Manning
Rivers
Palmer
Cassel

One of these things are not like the other. One of these things, doesn't belong!

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 05:39 AM
Chiefs lose and Mecca emerges from the basement.

Munson
09-10-2012, 05:45 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m14ewkAw0P1rressco1_500.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m14ewkAw0P1rressco2_r1_500.gif

InChiefsHell
09-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Chiefs lose and Mecca emerges from the basement.

He just can't quit us...

Tuckdaddy
09-10-2012, 05:48 AM
I can't root for us to lose either but we will never win anything with Matt at the helm. Defense was total crap yesterday but Matt can't lead a team back from any set backs. He gets flustered and can't keep his cool. This has been happening since he got here.

Coogs
09-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Everyone wants to pin this on Cassel, I get it, but this wasn't Cassel's fault. Where we faultered is when the kickoff team allowed a 77 yd return. We gave up guaranteed points. Then Cassel is blindsided and gives up a fumble inside out redzone. This deficit (given that our defense coudn't stop shit) put us in the position where our strengh was negated. The run wasnt workng and Cassel still made plays (though the intercepton was dumb). I think a lot of our issues offensively can be ironed out, defense will require some work, but that was our strength and will be ironed out with the return of some key players. Not sweating here.

152 yards rushing and the run wasn't working?

Tuckdaddy
09-10-2012, 05:50 AM
but we're not taking about any game, we're taking about this game. Answer the question.

The issue is, with this game, we took our strength away from ourselves. Our defense left us unable to play to our strengths, thus the fault for the loss lays with the defnese, not Cassel, sorry.

QB should be a strength but in KC it's a liability if we get down. Defense will have to play lights so we can run the ball all game to win with Matt.

Bob Dole
09-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Let's give it a few weeks before we start handing over the division to Manning.

Did you not get the memo? Dallas and Denver are playing for the world championship next Sunday. The season is over.

BoneKrusher
09-10-2012, 06:00 AM
i dont see what the fuss is all about.
we all knew before the game yesterday if Cassel gets behind it's over.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 06:02 AM
QB should be a strength but in KC it's a liability if we get down. Defense will have to play lights so we can run the ball all game to win with Matt.

Except yesterday Cassel brought the Chiefs back from being down the first half of the game. He started off moving the chains again in the 2nd half until the missed FG, tipped Moeaki ball and blindside sack. Was his other INT classic choke Cassel, yes. But in the big picture of yesterdays game Cassel held it together longer than the rest of the team.

BoneKrusher
09-10-2012, 06:05 AM
Except yesterday Cassel brought the Chiefs back from being down the first half of the game. He started off moving the chains again in the 2nd half until the missed FG, tipped Moeaki ball and blindside sack. Was his other INT classic choke Cassel, yes. But in the big picture of yesterdays game Cassel held it together longer than the rest of the team.

but even if Flowers and Hali both had played Cassel would still have shit his pants when the team needed him most.

griZZly64
09-10-2012, 06:14 AM
good points petey

the Talking Can
09-10-2012, 06:17 AM
we scored 17 points at home (the last TD was garbage)....not sure why that exonerates the offense...they were completely ****ing helpless in the second half and turned it over 3 times...and games in the nfl are actually 2 halves

we gave up 40 again...special teams blew...no pash rush...3 top eleven draft picks at DL and for what? nothing..coaches got their shit pushed in by a superior franchise with a superior GM, superior coaches, and a superior QB

4 years into pioli's regime our franchise rests on Cassel and Crennel...who wouldn't be excited about that?

it's EXCITE-TASTIC!

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 06:18 AM
i dont see what the fuss is all about.
we all knew before the game yesterday if Cassel gets behind it's over.

I agree. I watched the first half tense as hell. I knew if we made a mistake the bottom would fall out. It seemed like the players knew it to? The missed field goal was bad but I knew it was over after the fumble. The only way we can win is to get way ahead and hold on. It will be better when we get some players back but, we still won't be able to come back.

PhillyChiefFan
09-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Steelers, Patriots, Saints, Packers...all teams with a great QB and depth, though Cassel did look good for most of the game. Neither of which the Chiefs have, as evidenced by the deplorable shape the defense was in without Flowers, Toribio, Hali, and Lewis...hell Jalil Brown would have been an upgrade over Reeves...

Had those guys all played and we STILL lost 40-24...I'd have been up on that ledge.

Also, I can't pin this loss on a couple bad decisions Cassel made late in the game. The offense literally gave up towards the end, you could feel the wind come out of the sails after Succop missed.

Tuckdaddy
09-10-2012, 06:23 AM
I agree. I watched the first half tense as hell. I knew if we made a mistake the bottom would fall out. It seemed like the players knew it to? The missed field goal was bad but I knew it was over after the fumble. The only way we can win is to get way ahead and hold on. It will be better when we get some players back but, we still won't be able to come back.

And this is the problem. Defense can't have bad days with matt at the helm. I fully expect Pioli and Matt to hit the bricks when this teams fails agin this year. Pioli has brain washed him into thinking that QB's are like unimportant and you don't need one in the first round.

acesn8s
09-10-2012, 06:29 AM
We could have won if only we had a decent kicker. Succop cost us the game. The entire team gave up after the missed FG. If only Pioli would just draft a decent kicker.

WhiteWhale
09-10-2012, 06:33 AM
Anyone who thought KC could hold ATL's passing offense in check with Reeves and Studebaker starting in place of Flowers and Tamba Hali was smoking the good stuff.

I knew heading into this game ATL was gonna score 30 points.

What concerns me about this team isn't just that 'they're not built for coming back'... it's that they seem to fold faster than Superman on laundry day every time we get down by 10 points or more. The team just seems to quit.

WhiteWhale
09-10-2012, 06:33 AM
We could have won if only we had a decent kicker. Succop cost us the game. The entire team gave up after the missed FG. If only Pioli would just draft a decent kicker.

If our entire team quits after missing a FG, the problem isn't the missed FG.

the Talking Can
09-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Year 4: still making excuses

Deberg_1990
09-10-2012, 06:39 AM

Exactly.....its disgusting and depressing at the same time.

Pioli has failed at the two most important postions in pro football. Head coach and QB.

Show him the door Clark.

FRCDFED
09-10-2012, 06:40 AM
every time we get down by 10 points or more. The team just seems to quit. This is a product of coaching. Crennel's team responded in the same fashion in Cleveland.

Not to open another can of worms nor is this an attempt to hijack the thread but does anyone on here think that the team would've gave up if Haley was still coaching? I don't think so. That was one of the positives that used to be discussed on here about Haley was that the team played hard to the end even in a loss.

Not trying to start a debate on who is better between Haley and Crennel. Just trying to point out that Pioli fucked up when he believed Crennel was head coaching material. He is a better than average DC and that's it.

acesn8s
09-10-2012, 06:42 AM
If our entire team quits after missing a FG, the problem isn't the missed FG.Right! It was holder's fault.

Sannyasi
09-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Not going to get pissed about a loss to a pretty damn good Falcons team. I don't think any team has 3rd stringers who can cover Julio Jones. In reality a good half of football from Matt Cassel is more than we usually get. Still going with 7-9.

WhiteWhale
09-10-2012, 06:46 AM
This is a product of coaching. Crennel's team responded in the same fashion in Cleveland.

Not to open another can of worms nor is this an attempt to hijack the thread but does anyone on here think that the team would've gave up if Haley was still coaching? I don't think so. That was one of the positives that used to be discussed on here about Haley was that the team played hard to the end even in a loss.

Not trying to start a debate on who is better between Haley and Crennel. Just trying to point out that Pioli ****ed up when he believed Crennel was head coaching material. He is a better than average DC and that's it.

Why? Have you forgotten all the games in which the team quit after getting behind?

This didn't just start this year. If it did it would be one game, not a trend. This happened all the time under Haley. I was kinda hoping a new coach would have helped, but now I'm just worried about the mentality of our players.

WhiteWhale
09-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Right! It was holder's fault.

Or a team full of weak minded quitters....

You can't quit because of a missed FG in the 2nd quarter. I got news... our kicker will probably miss another FG this season. Pretty lame excuse to pack it in....

mr. tegu
09-10-2012, 06:57 AM
And this is the problem. Defense can't have bad days with matt at the helm. I fully expect Pioli and Matt to hit the bricks when this teams fails agin this year. Pioli has brain washed him into thinking that QB's are like unimportant and you don't need one in the first round.

The defense didn't just have a "bad" day. They were abysmal. The only reason Atlanta scored as "little" as they did in the first half is because we held onto the ball for long periods of time ourselves on our scoring drives. If you score on every possession at home in the first half, you should not be losing at the break.

Ace Gunner
09-10-2012, 06:59 AM
BUT THEY STOPPED THA RUN!!!! /excuse planet

dirk digler
09-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Exactly.....its disgusting and depressing at the same time.

Pioli has failed at the two most important postions in pro football. Head coach and QB.

Show him the door Clark.

Amen. And while we are at Clark sell the team to somebody that isn't cheap and wants to win.

petegz28
09-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Charles and Winston both said after the game that the missed FG took the wind out of their sails. Which means 2 things..

1.We are mentally weak

2. The offense knew the defense wasn't going to stop anyone so it was game over no matter what we did offesnively

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Charles and Winston both said after the game that the missed FG took the wind out of their sails. Which means 2 things..

1.We are mentally weak

2. The offense knew the defense wasn't going to stop anyone so it was game over no matter what we did offesnively

I would add that the defense knew they weren't going to stop anyone.

What was it, 8 straight possessions with a score for Atlanta?

the Talking Can
09-10-2012, 07:13 AM

1.We are mentally weak

if they're that mentally weak then Crennel needs to be fired, and Pioli needs to explain why his roster is full of quitter pussies...

BCD
09-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Shitfest on both sides of the ball.

track
09-10-2012, 07:19 AM

1.We are mentally weak

Of course it took the wind out of their sails....because they all know cassel can't bring this team back when they get down....like better Qbs in the league can.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 07:26 AM

Who is going to make it better? In your view, the quarterback is our biggest problem. Do you think someone else will magically be able to find the right QB?

Ace Gunner
09-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Shitfest on both sides of the ball.

I shit you not:D

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Of course it took the wind out of their sails....because they all know cassel can't bring this team back when they get down....like better Qbs in the league can.

Yep, just like Eli, Brees and Rodgers did yesterday. Oh wait, maybe it isn't that easy when your D lets the other team put points on the board the first 7 or 8 possessions.

Ace Gunner
09-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Who is going to make it better? In your view, the quarterback is our biggest problem. Do you think someone else will magically be able to find the right QB?
Brady Quinn & Kyle Orton pale in comparison to Tom & Manning, but they are two of the better QB's available in FA over the course of this past season. Just sayin.

The Bad Guy
09-10-2012, 07:34 AM

There's no arguing it. WE have the worst.

the Talking Can
09-10-2012, 07:34 AM

no, I think we should stick with what fails for many more years...

anything else would be risky...and avoiding risky the most important thing

notorious
09-10-2012, 07:35 AM
The 2001 Pats started out 1-3 with blowout included and still won the Superbowl!#$!

The 2003 Pats got beat 0-31 by the Bills on their opener and won the Superbowl!#!

/snorts line of powdered antifreeze

the Talking Can
09-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Yep, just like Eli, Brees and Rodgers did yesterday. Oh wait, maybe it isn't that easy when your D lets the other team put points on the board the first 7 or 8 possessions.

yeah, it's just like those superbowl winning QBs...

they've never overcome a poor defensive outing...and Cassel is just like them

durtyrute
09-10-2012, 07:39 AM
The lost was not on Cassel.

that is all

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 07:43 AM
yeah, it's just like those superbowl winning QBs...

they've never overcome a poor defensive outing...and Cassel is just like them

How many games have those guys come back from where their D let the other team score the first 7 possessions?

the Talking Can
09-10-2012, 07:48 AM
How many games have those guys come back from where their D let the other team score the first 7 possessions?

don't know

how many games have they failed to score in the 2nd half, turned it over 3 times, and had a 15 QB rating and then pretended they weren't accountable?

htismaqe
09-10-2012, 07:48 AM

1.We are mentally weak

I was listening to the 810 post game show and BOTH Charles AND McCluster said the FG did NOT take the wind out of their sails. I didn't hear Winston.

If that missed FG crushed their will FIRE THEM ALL. This is what everybody wanted when Haley was fired? A completely flaccid team the rolls over when the chips are down.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 07:50 AM
don't know

how many games have they failed to score in the 2nd half, turned it over 3 times, and had a 15 QB rating and then pretended they weren't accountable?

Did Cassel pretend he wasn't accountable? And I'm sure in your eyes it's Cassel's fault that Moeaki pretended he was Misty May Walsh and set the football to the Falcons DB.

the Talking Can
09-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Did Cassel pretend he wasn't accountable? And I'm sure in your eyes it's Cassel's fault that Moeaki pretended he was Misty May Walsh and set the football to the Falcons DB.

nope, Cassel is not responsible for anything in the second half

he only had to play one half to be praised by Chiefs fans...

KCUnited
09-10-2012, 07:54 AM
I was listening to the 810 post game show and BOTH Charles AND McCluster said the FG did NOT take the wind out of their sails. I didn't hear Winston.

If that missed FG crushed their will FIRE THEM ALL. This is what everybody wanted when Haley was fired? A completely flaccid team the rolls over when the chips are down.

I didn't hear the entire Jamaal and Winston interviews, but the clips they played on 610, both referenced the missed field goal as effecting momentum. Could have been selective editing by producers.

notorious
09-10-2012, 07:55 AM
nope, Cassel is not responsible for anything in the second half

he only had to play one half to be praised by Chiefs fans...

I really don't think that Cassel is being praised for his first half.

We are all happy that he actually played like an NFL QB for one half. But, in normal Chiefs fashion, we are given hope only to have it ripped away and flushed down the crapper.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Brady Quinn & Kyle Orton pale in comparison to Tom & Manning, but they are two of the better QB's available in FA over the course of this past season. Just sayin.

Orton didn't want to be here. He said it was "Matt's team." Quinn is terrible. He probably shouldn't even be in the league. I guess we could start Quinn or Stanzi but will it help? I can't see it helping at all.... Hindsight is 20/20 and there weren't any QBs. Manning didn't want to come to KC.

no, I think we should stick with what fails for many more years...

anything else would be risky...and avoiding risky the most important thing

Who is going to fix it? Who is going to get it right? That's what I am asking. What GM is going to find the "one.?" Think about what you are asking. I understand the philisophy but if we wind up with Blaine Gabbert or Brandon Weeden things will be worse than they are now. Do you understand that guys like Andrew Luck come around once a decade. Do you understand that so many young guys are starting because there is a depletion of talent at the QB position and there has been for some time? It's why Brady Quinn is in the league. It's why Tannehill is going in the first round.

notorious
09-10-2012, 08:01 AM
My wife made a great point yesterday.

After the fumble, she asked me why I gave up. I told her that there is no way we can win now.

She looked at me, and said,"You watch games ALL OF THE TIME in which teams come back from that. Why did you give up on them?"

She has her moments.

petegz28
09-10-2012, 08:04 AM
it must be repeated that in order for a QB to lead a come back the defense actually has to stop the other team from continuing to add to their lead

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 08:05 AM

McCluster:
“Honestly – with the missed field goal – we would have liked to have had those three points, but I don’t think it took any wind out of us because we knew that they hadn’t stopped us yet on offense. We just have to go out there and compete and ultimately go out there and go blow-for-blow with the defense and try to get some points on the board."

What I find interesting about the post game comments from the players is that, I don't believe I saw a single player use the word "I". Nobody came out and said "I have to cover better", "I have to collapse the pocket", "I have to get open", etc. I'm not sure if that is good or bad.

notorious
09-10-2012, 08:06 AM
McCluster:
“Honestly – with the missed field goal – we would have liked to have had those three points, but I don’t think it took any wind out of us because we knew that they hadn’t stopped us yet on offense. We just have to go out there and compete and ultimately go out there and go blow-for-blow with the defense and try to get some points on the board."

What I find interesting about the post game comments from the players is that, I don't believe I saw a single player use the word "I". Nobody came out and said "I have to cover better", "I have to collapse the pocket", "I have to get open", etc. I'm not sure if that is good or bad.

They are trained to say that to the media.

If they say that at practice, it's shows a lack of accountability.

the Talking Can
09-10-2012, 08:07 AM
it must be repeated that in order for a QB to lead a come back the defense actually has to stop the other team from continuing to add to their lead

and scoring point in the second half would help too...but that's asking a lot, i realize, asking for two good halves...

we should just be happy for one

htismaqe
09-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Who is going to fix it? Who is going to get it right? That's what I am asking. What GM is going to find the "one.?" Think about what you are asking. I understand the philisophy but if we wind up with Blaine Gabbert or Brandon Weeden things will be worse than they are now. Do you understand that guys like Andrew Luck come around once a decade. Do you understand that so many young guys are starting because there is a depletion of talent at the QB position and there has been for some time? It's why Brady Quinn is in the league. It's why Tannehill is going in the first round.

So we just flat shouldn't try?

Bullshit.

Even the national TV announcers said it yesterday.

htismaqe
09-10-2012, 08:09 AM

It must be repeated that the defense couldn't stop them from marching 80 yards for a score. So that somehow absolves Cassel from giving them the ball in INSTANT SCORING POSITION on back to back drives.

tooge
09-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Here's the deal. don't over react. Goin in, I told all my buddies that the chiefs would lose by 17 to 21 points. This was the worst matchup possible in the NFL for us to happen when it did. We didn't have our best cover corner, our best cover safety, our best pass rusher, and our best rushing D tackle, and we went against one of the top three passing teams in the NFL with perhaps the best receiving corps in the NFL. What did y'all think was gonna happen? The chiefs put up 24 points and it should have been 27. Most of the season, that is gonna be enough to win. Its the first game of the season and with everything stated above, for pete's sake, enough of the over reaction. sheesh.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:14 AM
So we just flat shouldn't try?

Bullshit.

Even the national TV announcers said it yesterday.

That's not what I said. I am just saying we better get it right. The trick is finding someone who will get the pick right. What I am talking about is the way that Seattle took Wilson 2 rounds earlier than most had him slated. We don't want someone who is just going to do it for job security. It has happened in Jacksonville, Minnesota, Cleveland, and Miami lately. You can say what you want to but, it isn't going to be easy. In most years it is not obvious like it was last year. Luck's and RG3's are rare. Most QB classes never come close to that.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 08:17 AM
It must be repeated that the defense couldn't stop them from marching 80 yards for a score. So that somehow absolves Cassel from giving them the ball in INSTANT SCORING POSITION on back to back drives.

Cassel threw one classic choke pass that we are all accustomed to. When did he "give" them the ball the 2nd time? Blind side hit? Moeaki's tipped ball?

Trent Green and the great Vermeil offenses lost games like this when the D couldn't force a turnover.

It's amazing to me how people will claim Cassel is THE worst starting QB in the NFL and then moments later expect him, and be angry when he doesn't, put 40+ points on the board when the entire team is playing like crap.

tredadda
09-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Here's the deal. This team is stacked except at the most important position. Sure we could use more depth, but so could almost every team in the league. What gets me is the fact that we were supposed to have competition at the QB position and brought in of all people the journeyman Quinn. We were too cheap to pay Carr even though we had the money. Instead we brought in the oft penalized Routt to replace him after dropping big money on the often inured Flowers. Bowe is still not signed long term.

This team will not take chances and we just keep hoping things will fall just right for us. Washington gave up a ton for RGIII and he led them to victory in his first game against NO in NO while we sat steady and got the uninspiring Poe and got absolutely raped by ATL. Sadly this team is too talented to finish high enough for a stud QB, but not talented enough to win it all or even a playoff game. Most likely once they realize Cassel is not the answer (or he retires first) this team will continue the Chiefs way and find another journeyman QB to lead this team.

I would like to see in 3 years if we do not address the QB situation in the draft how good RGIII is compared to the picks we kept because giving up that much for him was too "risky".

BoneKrusher
09-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Cassel threw one classic choke pass that we are all accustomed to. When did he "give" them the ball the 2nd time? Blind side hit? Moeaki's tipped ball?

Trent Green and the great Vermeil offenses lost games like this when the D couldn't force a turnover.

It's amazing to me how people will claim Cassel is THE worst starting QB in the NFL and then moments later expect him, and be angry when he doesn't, put 40+ points on the board when the entire team is playing like crap.

i didnt expect anything from Cassel yesterday other than what we got in the second half.

it's who he is.

lcarus
09-10-2012, 08:20 AM
My wife made a great point yesterday.

After the fumble, she asked me why I gave up. I told her that there is no way we can win now.

She looked at me, and said,"You watch games ALL OF THE TIME in which teams come back from that. Why did you give up on them?"

She has her moments.

You never know when a comeback will happen. Unfortunately our offense isn't good enough at passing the ball to come back from a 2 score or more deficit.

htismaqe
09-10-2012, 08:22 AM
That's not what I said. I am just saying we better get it right. The trick is finding someone who will get the pick right. What I am talking about is the way that Seattle took Wilson 2 rounds earlier than most had him slated. We don't want someone who is just going to do it for job security. It has happened in Jacksonville, Minnesota, Cleveland, and Miami lately. You can say what you want to but, it isn't going to be easy. In most years it is not obvious like it was last year. Luck's and RG3's are rare. Most QB classes never come close to that.

Why do we have to get it right? What are we giving up if we get it wrong? Another 8-8 season?

ROFL

tredadda
09-10-2012, 08:23 AM

When has he EVER led us to victory after being down by 14+? When has he ever led us to victory when our defense failed us? This game is not all on him, but it is just part of the ever growing story in which Cassel can't and won't lead us to victory unless our defense plays well.

In the games Green lost where the defenses failed, we more often than not lost a shootout. When our defense fails under Cassel it is a certainty that we will lose a blowout. He does not even keep it competetive.

htismaqe
09-10-2012, 08:23 AM

The fumble was turnover in scoring position, was it not? Sure, it was a blindside hit. Does he deserve ALL of the blame? Of course not.

But to sit here and pretend that Cassel doesn't share ANY blame at all because the defense was horrible is ridiculous.

As usual, the Planet is about extremes, not about the TRUTH.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Why do we have to get it right? What are we giving up if we get it wrong? Another 8-8 season?

ROFL

Yes, That's exactly what we would be giving. Do you think an NFL owner wants to give that up?

Look around man, I just read a post about three out of four of Pioli's first round picks being "busts."

It's all relative.

htismaqe
09-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Yes, That's exactly what we would be giving. Do you think an NFL owner wants to give that up?

Look around man, I just read a post about three out of four of Pioli's first round picks being "busts."

It's all relative.

If an NFL owner wants to WIN IT ALL, he'll give up an infinite number of 8-8 seasons.

Of course, we're talking about the Clarks here...

Dayze
09-10-2012, 08:29 AM
anyone hear the post-game interviews?...a synopsis?
I wasn't able to listen.

I'm sure the usual softball questions were asked.

KCUnited
09-10-2012, 08:37 AM
anyone hear the post-game interviews?...a synopsis?
I wasn't able to listen.

I'm sure the usual softball questions were asked.

Dontari likes the BBQ. Clark thought the flyover was cool. Crennel liked some things, didn't like some other things, but its a process.

boogblaster
09-10-2012, 08:37 AM
QB still needed .. back-ups needed .. played a good throwing team yesterday .. which we aren't .. we should have a win next sunday .. road-game or not .....

BoneKrusher
09-10-2012, 08:43 AM
QB still needed .. back-ups needed .. played a good throwing team yesterday .. which we aren't .. we should have a win next sunday .. road-game or not .....

the defense better be up to the task of stopping the run in Buffalo.

Spiller had 14 carries yesterday for 169 yards vs the Jets defense.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:45 AM
If an NFL owner wants to WIN IT ALL, he'll give up an infinite number of 8-8 seasons.

Of course, we're talking about the Clarks here...

I disagree. No owner would ever do that. If one did, they wouldn't have a team for long. There is a point at which fans become indifferent and indifference is worse than hate or anger. Also, the other owners wouldn't like it as it would be bad for business.

The NFL is the most lucrative sport in America by a mile. No owner wants to lose TV time or anything else. It's not about winning the Superbowl anymore. It's about making money, building your team, and crossing your fingers you get lucky and find an elite QB. If you find one, then you can talk about Superbowls. The idea is to keep your team competitive until you can find one. The teams that do the opposite have proven to be failures.

You need to understand the owners made this a QB driven league. They voted on every rule change that limited defenses and the running game. Why did they do it? Because it made it easier to market and it appealed to more people.

Quarterbacks are hard to find. We are doing it the right way imo.

Dayze
09-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Dontari likes the BBQ. Clark thought the flyover was cool. Crennel liked some things, didn't like some other things, but its a process.

sounds about right lol

the Talking Can
09-10-2012, 08:48 AM
I disagree. No owner would ever do that. If one did, they wouldn't have a team for long. There is a point at which fans become indifferent and indifference is worse than hate or anger. Also, the other owners wouldn't like it as it would be bad for business.

The NFL is the most lucrative sport in America by a mile. No owner wants to lose TV time or anything else. It's not about winning the Superbowl anymore. It's about making money, building your team, and crossing your fingers you get lucky and find an elite QB. If you find one, then you can talk about Superbowls. The idea is to keep your team competitive until you can find one. The teams that do the opposite have proven to be failures.

You need to understand the owners made this a QB driven league. They voted on every rule change that limited defenses and the running. Why did they do it? Because it made it easier to market and it appealed to more people.

Quarterbacks are hard to find. We are doing it the right way imo.

it is amazing how confused this gibberish is

just gibberish

Sofa King
09-10-2012, 08:49 AM
The fumble was turnover in scoring position, was it not? Sure, it was a blindside hit. Does he deserve ALL of the blame? Of course not.

But to sit here and pretend that Cassel doesn't share ANY blame at all because the defense was horrible is ridiculous.

A good QB would have stepped up in the pocket.

mcaj22
09-10-2012, 08:55 AM
CJ might run for 250+ against this defense lol

BCD
09-10-2012, 08:56 AM
I wish you would step back from the ledge my friend

Cut ties with all the lies that you've been living in

mr. tegu
09-10-2012, 08:57 AM
I would like to see in 3 years if we do not address the QB situation in the draft how good RGIII is compared to the picks we kept because giving up that much for him was too "risky".

Before the draft and during the college season I wanted RG3. I thought we would have a shot at trading up for him until Barkley decided to go back to school. But with him going back there was no way we could possibly trade up past Washington. Just no way.

Dayze
09-10-2012, 08:58 AM
I wish someone in the media would ask (in not particular order)
“Should the GM be accountable for this team’s lack of production and success”
“Are the Chiefs evaluating the QB position, both starting QBs and backups, and what are your conclusions”
“What is the timeline for the Chiefs to be a legitimate team to go deep into the playoffs and possibly the Suber Bowl”
“You mention that reconstructing this team is a ‘process’. What is your expectation of success with this process?”
“What player/s on the roster are critical to get to the Super Bowl”
“Specifically, what is the most important position on the field”
“What is the time frame in which the fans can expect a legimitate shot at the Super Bowl?
“How many years should an owner/GM/Coach have in order to get to the AFC Championship or Super Bowl”
“what is the main goal of this team/GM/owner”
“is the team/GM/owner satisfied or complacent with a playoff appearance”
“what are you currently doing to address the lack of depth at critical positions”

gblowfish
09-10-2012, 08:59 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zDAmPIq29ro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BCD
09-10-2012, 08:59 AM

They didn't give up a lot on the ground yesterday.

Why run when you can chuck it all over the field?

mcaj22
09-10-2012, 09:00 AM
They didn't give up a lot on the ground yesterday.

Why run when you can chuck it all over the field.

ill correct myself

CJ might have 250+ all purpose yards. 200 off of screens and checkdowns.

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Before the draft and during the college season I wanted RG3. I thought we would have a shot at trading up for him until Barkley decided to go back to school. But with him going back there was no way we could possibly trade up past Washington. Just no way.

there was a way...Pioli wouldn't go there

BWillie
09-10-2012, 09:45 AM

I came away from yesterday's game much more worried about the defense than anything else. QB was not a factor in the loss yesterday, at all. But certainly not disagreeing with you that Cassel is the worst QB in the division, cuz he is.

Lightrise
09-10-2012, 09:49 AM
The defense was aggravating. But it confirmed two thoughts for me, 1) we have to draft a CB no later than round 2 provided there is CB depth in this years draft. We need to sign Shaun Smith today.

Detoxing
09-10-2012, 09:50 AM
I came away from yesterday's game much more worried about the defense than anything else. QB was not a factor in the loss yesterday, at all. But certainly not disagreeing with you that Cassel is the worst QB in the division, cuz he is.

The Defense is what it's always been. Inconsistent.

It's capable of having great games, and it's capable of shitting all over the bed.

It was terribly inconsistent last year, and they're just starting where they left off.

Not having 4 starters out there and the top backup CB certainly didn't help.

Ace Gunner
09-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Heard someone say this on the radio; Since 2007, the Chiefs are 27 - 56 which is worst in the AFC.

Brock
09-10-2012, 09:54 AM

Yeah, because they did horrible against the run lol

Detoxing
09-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Heard someone say this on the radio; Since 2007, the Chiefs are 27 - 56 which is worst in the AFC.

Stupid stat.

What if we started counting since 2009? Or 2010?

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Inconsistancy is what pisses me off the most. Clark and Scott have talked consistancy so much over the past few years. It's looking more and more like Pioli is failing imo and I have been a supporter for a long time.

Bowe still drops passes and doesn't show up when we need him and he got the tag over Carr. Brandon Carr has never missed a game. He tried to trade Bowe and now he tagged him? Why second guess himself?

DJ got locked into a big contract after Pioli tried to trade him. Why did he second guess himself? DJ is one of the most inconsistant players.

Flowers gets hurt alot and he got a contract.

Part of the problem with this team is that the "superstars" are inconsistant. I think we gotta start questioning some of these moves. It's great to sit there in a press conference and say "we want guys who love the game and want to play" or other stuff like that. However, you need to mean it. Do Bowe and DJ really want to play? Do they ****ing care if we lose? I don't know if they do. I really don't.

Deberg_1990
09-10-2012, 10:01 AM
The Defense is what it's always been. Inconsistent.

It's capable of having great games, and it's capable of shitting all over the bed.

It was terribly inconsistent last year, and they're just starting where they left off.

Not having 4 starters out there and the top backup CB certainly didn't help.

yea, pretty much…..they are what they have always been. Whats sad is, theres still “allegedly” top talent out there. The D line, DJ, Berry, and yet….its still bad.

Ace Gunner
09-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Stupid stat.

I think it is relevant because 5 years is about how long a good team can keep it together -- 5 years is a natural shelf life for football teams. By now, there should have been several players playing well in their prime and that is a main problem with this team.

In reality, all this team has for vets is Bowe, Dustin, Albert, DJ & Dorsey.

To be honest, Albert is the only player that shows maturity of a young vet. He did have the one hick up, but Abrahams is a very good player who will get his plays against the very best. Albert did not let it bother him, he just kept playing his game. That is vet leadership.

I can't say that about the others and that is a big big problem for this team.

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Stupid stat.

It is stupid... But 2007 was the year Clark Hunt took over. So it has some meaning.

Detoxing
09-10-2012, 10:12 AM
I think it is relevant because 5 years is about how long a good team can keep it together -- 5 years is a natural shelf life for football teams. By now, there should have been several players playing well in their prime and that is a main problem with this team.

In reality, all this team has for vets is Bowe, Dustin, Albert, DJ & Dorsey.

To be honest, Albert is the only player that shows maturity of a young vet. He did have the one hick up, but Abrahams is a very good player who will get his plays against the very best. Albert did not let it bother him, he just kept playing his game. That is vet leadership.

I can't say that about the others and that is a big big problem for this team.

It's not relevant because it's a cherry picked stat. The stat includes 2 years in which Herm/Carl completely blew this thing up, and then it was blown up by Pioli again in 2009.

This team has essentially rebuilt TWICE in the last 5 years. How different would that stat look if we only counted Pioli's years?

Or how different would it be if we counted the final 5 seasons of the Carl Era?

htismaqe
09-10-2012, 10:17 AM
It's not relevant because it's a cherry picked stat. The stat includes 2 years in which Herm/Carl completely blew this thing up, and then it was blown up by Pioli again in 2009.

This team has essentially rebuilt TWICE in the last 5 years. How different would that stat look if we only counted Pioli's years?

Clark took over in 2007. We've have 3 head coaches and 2 general managers yet the team hasn't changed all that much in 5 years.

:hmmm:

Stryker
09-10-2012, 10:41 AM
No, it came down to a moronic QB who threw 2 int's and fumbled the football just like he fumbled putting a damn hat on his head. Our QB is a clown - straight up. As long as this asshole is on our team, the results will be the same.

Ace Gunner
09-10-2012, 10:46 AM

I don't think this team has been "rebuilt" even once since 2007, let alone "twice".

Also, I think you have to include the CP era in this because Peterson took a good NFL team and made it into a sandlot team that many said couldn't beat USC most of the past 10 seasons.

That is so unusual, I don't know any other franchise to have this record.

mdchiefsfan
09-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Right! It was holder's fault.

The laces were in!!!

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q561/Aequitas009/66a80d73.jpg

FringeNC
09-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Game reminded me of a Vermeil era loss. The D was every bit as bad as any Gregther Cuntingson unit, and the offense was only pretty good on net.

If the defense doesn't improve dramatically, it'll be a long season. We'll be pretty good on offense, but it's impossible to be great with Matt Cassel as QB.

Rausch
09-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Clark took over in 2007. We've have 3 head coaches and 2 general managers yet the team hasn't changed all that much in 5 years.

:hmmm:

I think the team looks and plays very differently.

Problem is the same results.

This team didn't come out of the gate looking shell-shocked and by the time you got your second beer we were down 21 to nothing. We fought back. We moved the football. We didn't have a ton of 3n0uts on offense.

I think by week 8 we'll all be ok with the record...

BossChief
09-10-2012, 12:33 PM

Cassel got that ball chopped out because he was holding it waist level after it should have been out already.

Doing that as often as Cassel does makes pass rushers mouths water.

Start Croyle
09-10-2012, 12:35 PM
The Chiefs are likely starting at 0-3 this year as well! I guess beating Buffalo on the road is possible, but I'd say they're definitely the underdog!

The schedule opens up in game 4 though. KC does play against a lot of crap teams later on, so winning 8 or 9 games still possible.

BossChief
09-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Fact:

It doesnt matter all that much how you build your team as long as you draft a franchise quarterback.

Calcountry
09-10-2012, 12:39 PM
We have arguable the worst QB in the division, trying to win with a game manager in today's NFL is a losing battle.We have only a hasbeen Joe Montana between not having a franchise QB since Lenny the Cool.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2012, 12:42 PM
People shouldn't really jump off anything. I hope you people aren't this negative in real life, you'd be terrible to be around lmao. We were without four starters on D. It was one game. Don't cry.

Calcountry
09-10-2012, 12:43 PM
The lost was not on Cassel.

that is allReally, who gives a shit who the loss was on? I am just glad it wasn't on me. I don't sweat this shit like when I was a kid, it's unprductive, and generally unhealthy.

The Chiefs certainly don't give 2 shits about me when I have an off day, I return the favor. It is my right, I am entitled to it, seeings that I have paid into this lock box franchise, hoping that I can draw my retirement from it sometime before I die.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Cassel got that ball chopped out because he was holding it waist level after it should have been out already.

After it should have been out already?

Molitoth
09-10-2012, 12:53 PM
If our entire team quits after missing a FG, the problem isn't the missed FG.

This team folds because it knows Cassel is the QB.

Put a highly regarded QB in his place and the team will rally no matter how far down they are because they know the QB will make something out of nothing. NOT throw the ball at the defenders ankles on a busted play.

ALTHOUGH, even with Tom Brady taking over for Cassel at halftime they may not have won due to the chiefs defense for being f*cking pathetic all day long.

BossChief
09-10-2012, 12:55 PM
After it should have been out already?

There were options o:-)

MahiMike
09-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Y'know, there's got to be a point where you stop sprinkling glitter and sprinkles on the giant lump of dog shit ....

LMAO

BoneKrusher
09-10-2012, 01:09 PM
No, it came down to a moronic QB who threw 2 int's and fumbled the football just like he fumbled putting a damn hat on his head. Our QB is a clown - straight up. As long as this asshole is on our team, the results will be the same.

exactly, i bet the team to a man has thought of this.

3rd&48ers
09-10-2012, 01:12 PM

Arguably ? LMAO

BoneKrusher
09-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Arguably ? LMAO

he meant w/o a doubt.

Molitoth
09-10-2012, 01:19 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/msJeBt0T3G8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mr. tegu
09-10-2012, 01:25 PM
exactly, i bet the team to a man has thought of this.

I am sure the defense was really proud of themselves and felt they did all they could to win the game.

acesn8s
09-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Of course it took the wind out of their sails....because they all know cassel can't bring this team back when they get down....like better Qbs in the NFL league can.Yeah! Other QBs in the NFL can stop the opposing team from scoring. Why can't Casshole? Did you see how Josh Freeman just bitch slapped the Pathers run game?

Chief Henry
09-10-2012, 01:39 PM
So glad I have NOT had any emotional investment in ths franchise in years. I still watch, but I don't let it ruin my Sundays anymore. I washed my truck during the 4th qtr.

acesn8s
09-10-2012, 02:17 PM

Put a highly regarded QB in his place and the team will rally no matter how far down they are because they know the QB will make something out of nothing. NOT throw the ball at the defenders ankles on a busted play.

ALTHOUGH, even with Tom Brady taking over for Cassel at halftime they may not have won due to the chiefs defense for being f*cking pathetic all day long.Yeah! Reeves would have totally stopped Jones if Skelton was our QB.

BoneKrusher
09-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I am sure the defense was really proud of themselves and felt they did all they could to win the game.

the defense kinda had an excuse, i mean they were with out Hali, Flowers and Lewis.

Cassel had weapons out the ass.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Yeah! Reeves would have totally stopped Jones if Skelton was our QB.

Both the defense and Cassel were terrible in the 2nd half. Cassel wasn't in the first half. If the defense plays well who knows, sucks they weren't healthy. That doesn't mean Matt didn't hurt us in the 2nd half. One shouldn't be blamed on their own. The D was bad, but Cassel also helped cement our fate with the fumble and INT.

Thats the biggest issue with him overall, not just for this game. If the situation isn't right around him, he usually can't perform/help this team. Good QBs can pull their team out of the fryer once in a while.

acesn8s
09-10-2012, 02:23 PM
the defense kinda had an excuse, i mean they were with out Hali, Flowers and Lewis.

Cassel had weapons out the ass.Yeah! Hemorrhoids? :eek:

BoneKrusher
09-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah! Hemorrhoids? :eek:

yep, i meant HimARoids. :D

Pawnmower
09-10-2012, 02:39 PM

Yes , this is why our defense folded...

They looked at the sidelines and saw matt Cassel in the 1st quarter and gave up.

Jesus christ you are pathetic.

Pawnmower
09-10-2012, 02:40 PM

Cassel had weapons out the ass.

Leave it to the biggest fuckign idiot on Chiefs Planet to excuse the defense but not excuse the Qb for the other team putting up a 40-burger...

My god you are dumb.

BoneKrusher
09-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Leave it to the biggest ****ign idiot on Chiefs Planet to excuse the defense but not excuse the Qb for the other team putting up a 40-burger...

My god you are dumb.

Dumb?

maybe,
but not as dumb as the Chiefs QB.

Ace Gunner
09-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Leave it to the biggest ****ign idiot on Chiefs Planet to excuse the defense but not excuse the Qb for the other team putting up a 40-burger...

My god you are dumb.

been waiting all day for your overreaction on this:D

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2012, 02:52 PM

This.

Let's keep re-hashing shitty QB's! Yay!

BoneKrusher
09-10-2012, 02:52 PM
been waiting all day for your overreaction on this:D

he was counting on rubbing it in because Cassel was looking so good in the first have but then...

the second half happened and he's speechless.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 02:54 PM
How different would it have been if we had recovered the fumble that went out of bounds on the first drive? Or, if Charles hadn't gotten caught when he busted the big run? At some point we have got to get the breaks right?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2012, 02:55 PM
How different would it have been if we had recovered the fumble that went out of bounds on the first drive? Or, if Charles hadn't gotten caught when he busted the big run? At some point we have got to get the breaks right?

How different would life be if you were born with a vagina?

If, but's, candy and nuts...

acesn8s
09-10-2012, 03:02 PM
How different would it have been if we had recovered the fumble that went out of bounds on the first drive? Or, if Charles hadn't gotten caught when he busted the big run? At some point we have got to get the breaks right?Or maybe tackle Jones before he scores a TD. Or DJ doesn't pirouette when TG scores a TD. Or maybe, just maybe, somebody...anybody from the defense steps up and makes a play. Players get hurt. Injuries have been the Chiefs excuse for way too long.

cdcox
09-16-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm glad we all stepped back from the ledge. Things look so much better with a little perspective.

Reerun_KC
09-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Pete can we go ahead and push you off?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm glad we all stepped back from the ledge. Things look so much better with a little perspective.

LMAO