PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How good is Eric Berry?

lcarus
09-10-2012, 09:18 AM
I was in a discussion with a Broncos fan last week, and I was telling him we almost won the crappy division last season and we were missing great players all year due to injury. Well obviously Charles is a known commodity at this point, so he agreed that losing him hurt our chances a lot. What I couldn't get him to admit was that Berry was a huge loss and that having him back this year will make us that much better.

I kept telling him that Berry had a good rookie season and the ceiling is really high for him. He asked "Why do I think his ceiling is so high?" I told him he could be the next Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu at strong safety. He laughed in my face. So...can Berry be the next Reed or Polamalu, or am I just being delusional? What kind of ceiling does Berry have - and try to be as non-biased as you can.

notorious
09-10-2012, 09:19 AM
He is good, but he was waaaay out of position a lot yesterday.

On a TD catch he was 3 yards out of the back of the endzone.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Most people around Atlanta think Berry is the best Chief in my experience. I think the Broncos fan is wrong. Berry's ceiling is ridiculas. He's going to be great imo. He's the only guy on the roster capable of making the Hall of Fame in my opinion. He still has to play the games but the potential is there.

Detoxing
09-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Berry has plenty of talent. I'm not sure what RAC has been doing with him this offseason though, because he's not been in position to make plays.

lcarus
09-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Most people around Atlanta think Berry is the best Chief in my experience. I think the Broncos fan is wrong. Berry's ceiling is ridiculas. He's going to be great imo. He's the only guy on the roster capable of making the Hall of Fame in my opinion. He still has to play the games but the potential is there.

The Broncos fan I talked to didn't say that Berry wasn't a good player, he just doesn't think he's as good as I make him out to be.

Detoxing
09-10-2012, 09:24 AM
The Broncos fan I talked to didn't say that Berry wasn't a good player, he just doesn't think he's as good as I make him out to be.

All you have to say is, "Pro Bowl Rookie Season, STFU"

notorious

You don't get good feedback from 95% of rival fans.

Pestilence
Honestly.....I think he should be used more in the FS position.

lcarus
09-10-2012, 09:27 AM
You don't get good feedback from 95% of rival fans.

I've been friends with this particular Donkey fan for a long time, and he's usually pretty level-headed when it comes to talking about Chiefs players. He typically admits and is knowledgeable when it comes to the talent level of KC's players. I think it's fair to say Berry has a ways to go before he's as good as I want him to be, or as good as I think he CAN be.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Julio Jones is a beast but Berry got owned

notorious
09-10-2012, 09:28 AM
I've been friends with this particular Donkey fan for a long time, and he's usually pretty level-headed when it comes to talking about Chiefs players. He typically admits and is knowledgeable when it comes to the talent level of KC's players. I think it's fair to say Berry has a ways to go before he's as good as I want him to be, or as good as I think he CAN be.

He must be the 5%. I am in the 5% when I talk to other fans, and they are usually shocked when I shoot them straight.

buddha
09-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Berry has ability but I question the kid's brain power. He has the physical ability to do it all, but he makes a ton of mental mistakes.

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Why does Berry have a high ceiling? He's well built. He's fast. He's a hard hitting tackler. He's a playmaker. He's one of the best defensive players in SEC history. He's extremely smart and understands the game better than anyone else on our defense. He's versatile. Can play corner. Solid in run support, and can blitz off the edge to create pressure.

Those are your reasons why. And the entire secondary looked lost yesterday because we couldn't get a fucking passrush to save our lives. Plug in Tamba Hali and the QB won't have ALL day to sit back and wait for a receiver to get open.

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Julio Jones is a beast but Berry got owned

They ran a post route against our cover 3 many times to Julio. It worked every time. We played zone all day. When did Berry get owned? I saw him own Tony Gonzalez and got a PD.

Demonpenz
09-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Eric Berry would look better if there was a pass rush and he would also look great if he made an INT or two. He is good at returning the ball. He's probably one of the few players that are as frustrated as the fans at yesterdays game. By everything I have seen in heard he has talent/drive/love for the game.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 09:36 AM
They ran a post route against our cover 3 many times. We played zone all day. When did Berry get owned? I saw him own Tony Gonzalez and got a PD.

The first big Jones gain Berry wiffed big time. He redeemed himself with the breakup on TG right after. Routt had a great game on White Im just wondering why Jones was allowed to do whatever he wanted Berry shouldve been all over that fool

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 09:37 AM
When Routt was on Jones he shut him down

Mr. Laz
09-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Honestly our secondary is so bad right now it's hard to tell whether Berry is any good or not.

who is our secondary coach?

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 09:40 AM
The first big Jones gain Berry wiffed big time. He redeemed himself with the breakup on TG right after. Routt had a great game on White Im just wondering why Jones was allowed to do whatever he wanted Berry shouldve been all over that fool

Jones did whatever he wanted because he was on Jacque Reeves side of the field most of the game. Berry only allowed 2 catches in his area for a total of 11 yards. And like I said, they ran the deep post route against our cover 3 numerous times. That's why it looked like we couldn't cover the middle of the field. We had bad play calls and they knew how to attack it.

lcarus
09-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Honestly our secondary is so bad right now it's hard to tell whether Berry is any good or not.

Our secondary is fine. We were missing two starters in the secondary and our best pass rusher was suspended. NO secondary would play well with the lack of a rush like we had yesterday. If we get those players back and still get destroyed then I'll admit we have a problem.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 09:51 AM

No Carr, no Flowers, no Lewis and Berry's first real game after missing the entire season and you want to blame it on the coaching? They started a guy who was out of the league for 3 years. They had him line up single coverage on Julio Jones. What the heck did you expect?

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 09:52 AM

Laz, our secondary coach is Emmitt Thomas. Maybe you've heard of him. He's anything BUT the problem. Our scheme for this game was bad. They caught us in bad positions.

Detoxing
09-10-2012, 09:53 AM
When Routt was on Jones he shut him down

?????

No they didn't lol. Routt may not have been disgustingly bad, but he certainly wasn't great. He got beat his fair share as well.

Luckily, all they had to do was pick on Reeves.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Routt looked fantastic. If Flowers was out there I think the game wouldve been entirely different

Mr. Laz
09-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Our secondary is fine. We were missing two starters in the secondary and our best pass rusher was suspended. NO secondary would play well with the lack of a rush like we had yesterday. If we get those players back and still get destroyed then I'll admit we have a problem.

No Carr, no Flowers, no Lewis and Berry's first real game after missing the entire season and you want to blame it on the coaching? They started a guy who was out of the league for 3 years. They had him line up single coverage on Julio Jones. What the heck did you expect?
didn't i say 'right now'?

did i say 'always'?

i understand injuries

RIGHT NOW our secondary is so bad ....

:shake:

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Routt looked fantastic. If Flowers was out there I think the game wouldve been entirely different

He looked ok. Best part was he wasn't called for any penalties.

Detoxing
09-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Laz, our secondary coach is Emmitt Thomas. Maybe you've heard of him. He's anything BUT the problem. Our scheme for this game was bad. They caught us in bad positions.

It's what happens when you have to blitz to find pressure.

Some one had to step up and no one did.

If the D-Line & Houston can't step up and rush the passer, then a DB needs to step up and make a play when they blitz.

No positional group helped the other yesterday.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Im rewatching the game right now from the start, so far Routt had blanket coverage on Jones and White, a brilliant open field tackle saving a first down forcing that FG in the red zone. After the Boss TD, they moved Routt over to Jones and OH GUESS WHAT? Now White is tearing it up.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2012, 09:59 AM
people get their panties is such a twist

yes, i've heard of emmit thomas

I just wasn't sure whether he was STILL our secondary coach after that coaching changes.

we sure have a bunch of young guys around here that STILL look like shit. Hell, how many years has Washington been here? So i wouldn't be so quick to give Thomas a pass.

yes,yes ... sacrilege to ever doubt the legend Emmit Thomas. Who gives a fuck.

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Im rewatching the game right now from the start, so far Routt had blanket coverage on Jones and White, a brilliant open field tackle saving a first down forcing that FG in the red zone. After the Boss TD, they moved Routt over to Jones and OH GUESS WHAT? Now White is tearing it up.

SMH. Take his game for what it was. Pretty average. He played fine. But they weren't going to test him when Jacque fucking Reeves is on the other side.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Routt looked pretty solid to me.

but then again they could throw at Reeves for a completion anytime they wanted to so it's hard to tell.

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 10:01 AM
people get their panties is such a twist

yes, i've heard of emmit thomas

I just wasn't sure whether he was STILL our secondary coach after that coaching changes.

we sure have a bunch of young guys around here that STILL look like shit. Hell, how many years has Washington been here? So i wouldn't be so quick to give Thomas a pass.

yes,yes ... sacrilege to ever doubt the legend Emmit Thomas. Who gives a ****.
Donald Washington doesn't play with the Chiefs.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:03 AM
You guys are clowns, Routt completely shuts down his man and its not because he did a good job, its because the other guy did such a SHITTY job! GENIOUS@1!

:facepalm:

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Donald Washington doesn't play with the Chiefs.

Elam changed to #27.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:04 AM
WOW, Routt got so fucking cut blocked on that Jones TD its RIDICULOUS!

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Elam changed to #27.

I know.

Tell Laz.

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 10:05 AM
WOW, Routt got so ****ing cut blocked on that Jones TD its RIDICULOUS!

He did indeed.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:06 AM
NFL owes us and Routt a goddamn apology

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 10:07 AM
NFL owes us and Routt a goddamn apology

What do you mean? The replacement refs are fine. That's what I've been told.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:08 AM
If that happened to Revis they wouldve rescheduled the game to be played again on Monday

Bump
09-10-2012, 10:09 AM
I still have hope for EB. I fully expect him to turn it on soon and by mid season I can picture him being a force to be reckoned with. Nobody came to play yesterday, that's the coaches fault.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Donald Washington doesn't play with the Chiefs.Elam changed to #27.I know.

Tell Laz.
fine ... whatever, it's not the main point anyway

i saw 27 and assume it was still that worthless pos washington.

Arenas ... not even being used in the secondary anymore
Brown ... 2nd year, still sucks total ass
Reeves ... veteran who sucks so bad he shouldn't even be playing
Lewis ... still a one trick pony, can't cover/can't tackle
Daniels ... basically shit
Berry ... will be interesting to see whether he develops into a complete DB or not

so tell me again how great our secondary coaching is?

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Ryan kept looking at Jones and just couldnt go there

ChiefGator
09-10-2012, 10:18 AM
That's not the defense RAC wants to play; the defense (particularly the secondary) was beat up. In practice they did alot of work with Berry running like Polamalu did yesterday. Where he would float up to the linebacker level or back into the secondary depending on the offense's look, the down and distance, or just his gut. With the problems in our secondary, that plan had to be put on hold.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Ive seen three consecutive plays where Jones was Ryan's first read and you could tell he wanted to go there but couldnt and then he ran with the ball instead picking up big gains

DJ's left nut
09-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Daniels is actually a pretty solid depth player - about the only legitimate talent we have among our bench DBs.

So of course we make him a backup safety. Gotta make some room on the field for Jalil Brown, afterall...

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:19 AM
OOH finally a sack

Rain Man
09-10-2012, 10:20 AM
The fact that NFL players voted Berry into the top 100 list after his rookie season says a lot.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:21 AM
I kinda like those sideline hats with the big arrowhead

alanm
09-10-2012, 10:22 AM

who is our secondary coach?Isn't it Emmet Thomas?

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:22 AM
That shoulve been three straight red zone FGs if it werent for that damn cut block, we could have EASILY gone into the locker room with a 17-16 lead

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Alright 2nd half..

Mr. Laz
09-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Isn't it Emmet Thomas?
yep, apparently he is still there.

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 10:25 AM
fine ... whatever, it's not the main point anyway

i saw 27 and assume it was still that worthless pos washington.

Arenas ... not even being used in the secondary anymore
Brown ... 2nd year, still sucks total ass
Reeves ... veteran who sucks so bad he shouldn't even be playing
Lewis ... still a one trick pony, can't cover/can't tackle
Daniels ... basically shit
Berry ... will be interesting to see whether he develops into a complete DB or not

so tell me again how great our secondary coaching is?

Arenas was a fine nickel last year. Played average to above average. He has physical limitations that shouldn't surprise anybody.

And it's funny how all of a sudden our secondary sucks. When we talked about the Chiefs secondary coming into this year everyone agreed it was one of the top 5 groups in the league. Let's not base everything off this one game in which we had 2 key starters out in our secondary and our depth is putrid. Our secondary is still great when our starters are in.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Arenas was a fine nickel last year. Played average to above average. He has physical limitations that shouldn't surprise anybody.

And it's funny how all of a sudden our secondary sucks. When we talked about the Chiefs secondary coming into this year everyone agreed it was one of the top 5 groups in the league. Let's not base everything off this one game in which we had 2 key starters out in our secondary and our depth is putrid. Our secondary is still great when our starters are in.

Agreed with Flowers and Routt we should be fine, the problem is with the shit pass rush. The best secondary in the world doesnt mean shit if the QB can stand in the pocket all day or just break free for a first down whenever he feels like

Mr. Laz
09-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Daniels is actually a pretty solid depth player - about the only legitimate talent we have among our bench DBs.

So of course we make him a backup safety. Gotta make some room on the field for Jalil Brown, afterall...
after Flowers/Routt, i'm not sure we have a single player that can cover even the basic passing tree routes.

i see guys who are out position after a simple 10 yrd out.

Forget a lack of pass rush ... the first move and they are already halfway to Toastland.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Weatherspoon was in Cassels head man

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:31 AM
NICE tackle by Poe

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 10:32 AM
NICE tackle by Poe

You must be at his TFL.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2012, 10:33 AM

And it's funny how all of a sudden our secondary sucks. When we talked about the Chiefs secondary coming into this year everyone agreed it was one of the top 5 groups in the league. Let's not base everything off this one game in which we had 2 key starters out in our secondary and our depth is putrid. Our secondary is still great when our starters are in.and yet, he is strictly a special teamer now. Even with all our injuries.

it's not just about 1 game

They couldn't cover even the basic routes in the preseason either.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Jones just caught his first legit ball against Routt and that was only because Ryan had all fucking day to look for him. Nice tackle by Daniels

DJ's left nut
09-10-2012, 10:34 AM
after Flowers/Routt, i'm not sure we have a single player that can cover even the basic passing tree routes.

i see guys who are out position after a simple 10 yrd out.

Forget a lack of pass rush ... the first move and they are already halfway to Toastland.

Daniels did a nice job last season when Flowers went down. You may not like him, but the fact remains that last season he actually did the job fairly well when he was asked to. He showed that he can cover most of the routes and not get exposed. He was a starting CB on a 9 win Dolphins squad as a rookie. He has decent size/speed and actually plays the ball fairly well. He's an adequate backup CB.

Nobody else is fluid enough in/out of their cuts to play outside. Worse still, I think the coaching staff knows this which is why they play with so much cushion. Can you imagine how awful Brown/Reeves would be on double moves if you put them within 5 yards of the WR? The only hope they have right now is that they're so slow in reacting to the first one that they end up inadvertently in position after the second cut.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:34 AM
You must be at his TFL.

Pretty impressive for his very first game.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Shitty fucking zone, what the hell is Romeo thinking?

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:38 AM
You can tell Jones is starting to get frustrated with Routts coverage

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Jones moved to slot and was WIDE open in the end zone, bad pass by Ryan. Routt all over White

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Routt back on Jones, Ryan cant go there so he just runs it himself wide open middle. OH HAI GUYZ

Mr. Laz
09-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Shitty ****ing zone, what the hell is Romeo thinking?
every time we played the zone, where the CB takes the short outside zone, atlanta kicked us in the gunt.

Our CB's and LB/S's were never on the same page about who should take whom.

complete clusterfuck

fans were screaming about Routt but he was clearly passing his guy along to the next zone and nobody picked his guy up.

Rausch
09-10-2012, 10:46 AM
every time we played the zone, where the CB takes the short outside zone, atlanta kicked us in the gunt.

complete cluster****

fans were screaming about Routt but he was clearly passing his guy along to the next zone and nobody picked his guy up.

I have to agree. I'm as big a Routt hater as there is but he wasn't our problem yesterday.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:47 AM
After the Cassel fumble fiasco, Routt all over Jones no way Ryan can go there, TG time

DJ's left nut
09-10-2012, 10:48 AM

complete clusterfuck

Same thing happened several times in the pre-season.

Hey - maybe the fact that we're (again) trying to use 2 people to do 3 jobs could be contributing to the confusion?

I will never understand why we keep increasing the degree of difficulty here by trying to skate by without a coordinator on one side of the ball or the other. It's just really stupid and makes things harder than they need to be.

lcarus
09-10-2012, 10:48 AM
didn't i say 'right now'?

did i say 'always'?

i understand injuries

RIGHT NOW our secondary is so bad ....

:shake:

Ok fine. I get it. Some people don't understand that, so I wanted to point it out.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:49 AM
I have to agree. I'm as big a Routt hater as there is but he wasn't our problem yesterday.

Uhh why? Hes a top ten CB in the league and he looked like a complete stud in his first game with us

Mr. Laz
Ok fine. I get it. Some people don't understand that, so I wanted to point it out.:thumb:

vailpass
Uhh why? Hes a top ten CB in the league and he looked like a complete stud in his first game with us

Love your game.

mcaj22
09-10-2012, 10:50 AM
it's because these idiots thought it was a good idea to put Travis Daniels at FS and he wasnt picking up any guy that was being passed to him in the zone. and looked absolutely lost.

The dude is a fucking CB. Sign a fucking real FS for depth behind Lewis and play Daniels at his real position. RAC trying to get fancy fucked him the ass.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Love your game.

I know, Im a top ten poster too

Deberg_1990
High upside player......similar to Dorsey and Jackson

Mr. Laz
Same thing happened several times in the pre-season.

Hey - maybe the fact that we're (again) trying to use 2 people to do 3 jobs could be contributing to the confusion?

I will never understand why we keep increasing the degree of difficulty here by trying to skate by without a coordinator on one side of the ball or the other. It's just really stupid and makes things harder than they need to be.
it would sure explain why our defense looks completely unprepared.

The problem is that if we just get another defense coordinator then why promote Crennel to HC at all?

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Moeaki was covered on that INT but it still shouldve been caught

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:54 AM
First play after the INT, Routt all over Jones cant go there, White open across the middle

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Jesus Reeves is bad

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:57 AM
A LOT of confusion on defense. These guys dont know WTF to do. Crennel is garbage

lcarus
09-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Jesus Reeves is bad

Is he better or worse than Jalil Brown? I say worse, but they both suck ass so who really cares. I hope to Christ that Flowers is 100% next week. I haven't heard a damn thing about Lewis and what his status is. I hope he's 100% soon too.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Awesome corner blitz that was easily picked up, White wide open but drops it

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 10:59 AM
A LOT of confusion on defense. These guys dont know WTF to do. Crennel is garbage

Apparently Kendrick Lewis is the guy who typically gets everybody aligned correctly. He's the "coach on the field" guy. Losing him hurt us from a mental aspect. But Crennel should take heat on how bad the defense was.

L.A. Chieffan
Obligitory commercial return with close up of RIBS... lunch time yet?

lcarus
Awesome corner blitz that was easily picked up, White wide open but drops it

That was the best play our defense made all day. Sad but true.

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 11:00 AM
That was the best play our defense made all day. Sad but true.

I think the best play was Houston's sack.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 11:02 AM
LOL at that Cassel INT, was that supposed to be a bootleg? Gimme a break Daboll

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Nice stop by Belcher

Bump
09-10-2012, 11:05 AM
LOL at that Cassel INT, was that supposed to be a bootleg? Gimme a break Daboll

you watching a replay and giving us updates on this shit game? :banghead:

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 11:08 AM
So looking at it, the D got put into some tough spots. The Cassel fumble and INT led to TWO really quick TDs.

The cut block TD, and the first Jones TD that probaby couldve been prevented if Routt had started the game on him instead of White. Almost all the TDs came because of coaching stupidity.

The sad thing is it couldve been even WORSE but there was a couple of nice third down stops that forced FGs

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 11:09 AM
I think the best play was Houston's sack.

In agree. That one and the one Berry knocked down when he was covering Gonzalez 1 on 1.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 11:09 AM
you watching a replay and giving us updates on this shit game? :banghead:

Yeah, this thread is my ode to Stanford Routt

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 11:12 AM
I take back what I said about Berry. Other than that big wiff early in the game hes looked fine

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 11:14 AM
I take back what I said about Berry. Other than that big wiff early in the game hes looked fine

I think he played well but, it was a mistake to blitz him so much. He blitzed 3-4 times and it seemed like every time Ryan found the open man. Considering the circumstances, it wasn't the best idea to blitz Berry.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 11:14 AM
LMAO John Abrahams right shin was WIDE OPEN. Shouldve caught that

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 11:15 AM
LMAO John Abrahams right shin was WIDE OPEN. Shouldve caught that

Cant wait for the GIF on that one...

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Damn half the stadium is empty by that last FG

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 11:19 AM

A large group left at the end of the 3rd. The 2nd wave left sometime around 11 mins in the 4th.

I stayed.

Cause I'm a real fan, and I paid money to sit my ass in Arrowhead's seats for 3 hours of football.

saphojunkie
09-10-2012, 11:20 AM

We all watched the game.

KCrockaholic
09-10-2012, 11:21 AM
We all watched the game.

Yeah this too.

This thread has turned into "How good is Stanford Routt?"

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 11:22 AM
We all watched the game.

I didnt. I was trying to figure out why people weren't giving Routt massive props

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Yeah this too.

This thread has turned into "How good is Stanford Routt?"

Answer: STUD

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Routt's not Carr but he played well.

KCrockaholic
Answer: STUD

:facepalm:

Ok.

L.A. Chieffan

LOL

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 11:25 AM

KC had, and still has, the money to have signed BOTH Carr and Routt and been 3 deep at corner.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 11:27 AM
KC had, and still has, the money to have signed BOTH Carr and Routt and been 3 deep at corner.

Cant argue with that. It wouldve made a huge difference in this game. But if we HAD resigned Carr and Routt went somewhere else the outcome wouldve been the same

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Dimitroff looks like Scott Weiland or some shit

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Berry is going to be in the Hall of Fame. Bank on it.

vailpass
09-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Berry is going to be in the Hall of Fame. Bank on it.

Uh...ok. If you want it bad enough it HAS TO happen.

B_Ambuehl
09-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Thus far his accolades have come more on a reputation and being a top 5 draft pick. We'll see if he fulfills the expectations people have.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Thus far his accolades have come more on a reputation and being a top 5 draft pick. We'll see if he fulfills the expectations people have.

You didn't think he was good in 2010?

philfree
09-10-2012, 01:36 PM
IMO he's overrated to date. I don't see him being a difference maker like he's been billed as but it's still early in his career.

B_Ambuehl
09-10-2012, 01:42 PM
You didn't think he was good in 2010?

He was decent but I wouldn't say he was worthy of the praise and hype thrown upon him.

Buckweath
09-10-2012, 01:43 PM
L.A. Chieffan, can you tell us how Dontari Poe played?

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2012, 01:48 PM
I was in a discussion with a Broncos fan last week, and I was telling him we almost won the crappy division last season and we were missing great players all year due to injury. Well obviously Charles is a known commodity at this point, so he agreed that losing him hurt our chances a lot. What I couldn't get him to admit was that Berry was a huge loss and that having him back this year will make us that much better.

I kept telling him that Berry had a good rookie season and the ceiling is really high for him. He asked "Why do I think his ceiling is so high?" I told him he could be the next Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu at strong safety. He laughed in my face. So...can Berry be the next Reed or Polamalu, or am I just being delusional? What kind of ceiling does Berry have - and try to be as non-biased as you can.

first of all, talking to a Denver fan about a Chiefs player..

Let's just say that Berry is good enough and the Chiefs challenge the Donks to test him

lcarus
09-10-2012, 01:52 PM
first of all, talking to a Denver fan about a Chiefs player..

Let's just say that Berry is good enough and the Chiefs challenge the Donks to test him

Well like i said this Donk fan is usually pretty objective. He admits when a player is good and/or has potential. I think its my fault for overhyping him. I mean, we all know he's a good player, but it's still questionable whether or not he'll turn into an Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu type of player.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 01:52 PM
We didn't allow anything deep.

He's why.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2012, 02:05 PM
LMAO

Some Chiefs fans think Berry is overrated and Stanzi is the next Brady. Not to mention Eachus is teh awesume and worthy of a roster spot. Seriously, wow.

Setsuna
09-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Best safety in the league ****ers!! nlm

Three7s
09-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the updates, LAC. I had a feeling that shitty zone was what was killing us. Basically seemed like we were playing bend, don't break, but since Reeves was so bad, it didn't really matter. It seemed like we refused to go man-to-man because RAC was scared of big plays? Either way, Reeves shouldn't be in this league.

I still don't think this team is any good, and that will probably be proven once again in Buffalo.

vailpass
09-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Best safety in the league ****ers!! nlm

Eric Weddle?

Red Beans
09-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Nine pages in and this hasn't mutated into a "Cassel sucks" or "We should have kept Carr" thread? Bravo posters http://i47.tinypic.com/30liftj.gif