PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Walterfootball: Chiefs need to sell out for a QB

Pestilence
09-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Kansas City has to sell out for a quarterback next April. The NFL has seen rookie quarterbacks come in and make a big difference for their teams. It happened last year with the Bengals' Andy Dalton and Panthers' Cam Newton. It looks like it could happen again this season with Robert Griffin III and the Redskins. The Chiefs have a talented roster, but they need a quarterback that can push them over the top.

It was somewhat understandable for Kansas City to lose to Atlanta in Week 1. The Chiefs' defense was down four starters with two other starters playing hurt. Every player is expected to be back healthy. However, Kansas City quarterback Matt Cassel blew any chance for his team with two interceptions and a fumble in the second half. He should be a backup quarterback, and if the Chiefs win the AFC West, it will be in spite of their signal-caller and not because of him.

Not only does Kansas City have a solid set of starters, it has good depth on the roster. Thus, I think the Chiefs should be aggressive and be willing to deal some second-day picks in order to move up for a quarterback. Arkansas' Tyler Wilson, West Virginia's Geno Smith and Virginia Tech's Logan Thomas would all be candidates for the team to consider. If Kansas City can find an upgrade at quarterback, the team has the pieces in place around the signal-caller to make a run in January.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013mmd_01.php

Scorp
09-10-2012, 04:57 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/rombeck/cassel-1.jpg

durtyrute
09-10-2012, 04:58 PM
While this it is true that Cassel will not take us to the Promise Land, the defense played a much bigger role in the loss yesterday.

DMAC
09-10-2012, 04:59 PM
While this it is true that Cassel will not take us to the Promise Land, the defense played a much bigger role in the loss yesterday.

Someone please gif up Cassel staring down a DE's ankles.

CaliforniaChief
09-10-2012, 05:03 PM
If Indianapolis sucks as bad as I think they probably will, they may draft #1 again...in which case, we would have someone who would listen to trade offers.

Sell the farm of first rounders and get Barkley. End of story.

Munson
09-10-2012, 05:04 PM
We've needed to sell out for a QB for decades.

Did you all hear it on SNF when Al Michaels said the Chiefs have the longest streak in the league of not drafting a 1st round QB? It's been 29 years and counting! That's embarrassing as f***.

HemiEd
09-10-2012, 05:04 PM

look at the bright side, he threw it as his ankles and didn't throw an interception like the screen pass last year.

Detoxing
09-10-2012, 05:06 PM
mmm.....I don't know.....sounds kinda risky. I think we should stay put and draft Dorsey's replacement.

Pitt Gorilla
09-10-2012, 05:06 PM
We should have lost out last year.

Pestilence
09-10-2012, 05:07 PM
mmm.....I don't know.....sounds kinda risky. I think we should stay put and draft Dorsey's replacement.

We did with Poe.

BoneKrusher
09-10-2012, 05:07 PM
the Colts did last year, why not.

Shag
09-10-2012, 05:32 PM

I'm so fucking sick of people saying this. A shitty performance by the D does not somehow absolve Cassel of playing like dogs hit in the 2nd half (and most of his career).

OnTheWarpath58
09-10-2012, 05:33 PM
File this in the "No fucking shit, Walt" folder.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 05:37 PM
"Not only does Kansas City have a solid set of starters, it has good depth on the roster. "

I take it Walter didn't watch the game.

Reerun_KC
09-10-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm so ****ing sick of people saying this. A shitty performance by the D does not somehow absolve Cassel of playing like dogs hit in the 2nd half (and most of his career).

What's worse is no matter what happens on the field its cassels fault. Defense sucks nuts. Cassels fault. Bowed can't catch a cold. Cassels fault. Crennel is fucking stupid. Cassels fault. Jamaal fumbles. Cassels fault. Pioli finds a gum wrapper cassels fault. Marty nuts in a cheerleader. Cassels fault. Priest fumbles in the playoffs. Cassels fault.

Dude sucks I am sick of him the next guy. But this shit is getting stupid. You're not funny or cool.

Shag
09-10-2012, 05:45 PM
What's worse is no matter what happens on the field its cassels fault. Defense sucks nuts. Cassels fault. Bowed can't catch a cold. Cassels fault. Crennel is fucking stupid. Cassels fault. Jamaal fumbles. Cassels fault. Pioli finds a gum wrapper cassels fault. Marty nuts in a cheerleader. Cassels fault. Priest fumbles in the playoffs. Cassels fault.

Dude sucks I am sick of him the next guy. But this shit is getting stupid. You're not funny or cool.

I don't recall trying to be funny or cool (though, I am). I'm not the guy who constantly posts about cassel around here, but I do want him gone. Too many people were fooled by he first half cassel smokescreen. He is what he is, and one half is not going to change that.

The defense played like shit. Cassel was abysmal the second half. Those things are not mutually exclusive.

the Talking Can
09-10-2012, 05:56 PM
We did with Poe.

then we should stay put and draft poe's replacement

too risky to risk drafting a risky QB and risk our success..../blackbob

Bump
09-10-2012, 05:56 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/rombeck/cassel-1.jpg

wow, I haven't seen that one before

Guru
09-10-2012, 05:59 PM
never going to happen

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 07:03 PM
It would have DEFINATELY been better with Weeden yesterday. What was Pioli thinking? sheesh :deevee:

qabbaan
09-10-2012, 07:07 PM
This team is dying of a chronic disease: lack of leadership.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 07:09 PM
This team is dying of a chronic disease: lack of leadership.

Yep, we should have sold out for Gabbert last year and we wouldn't have that problem.:banghead:

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Yep, we should have sold out for Gabbert last year and we wouldn't have that problem.:banghead:

I think Gabbert looked alright yesterday

KCUnited
09-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Selling out for Piolark is swapping 5ths, a 6th, and a late round conditional.

qabbaan
09-10-2012, 07:12 PM

Gabbert played well yesterday, and seems to be popular on his team.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 07:15 PM

He couldn't make the throw he had to make to seal the deal. Just like Cassel. Even when he's at his best, it's not enough. He's a wasted draft pick.

Brock
09-10-2012, 07:18 PM
He couldn't make the throw he had to make to seal the deal. Just like Cassel. Even when he's at his best, it's not enough. He's a wasted draft pick.

Yep, it's perfectly reasonable to write a guy off in his second season.

Frazod
09-10-2012, 07:18 PM

Fuck Gabbert. That overrated prick already caused me enough pain during his college career.

qabbaan
09-10-2012, 07:19 PM

Seemed obvious the wrong route was run, watching the game.

Count Alex's Wins
09-10-2012, 07:21 PM
People don't even realize how awful Cassel is for the whole team. It's not just the turnovers and bad throws. It's his limitations that hamstring the whole offense, and the willingness of the coaching staff to design an entire offense based around those limitations.

It's a loser mentality. It's the same fucking bullshit we went through with Thigpen at the end of '08. To a lesser degree, for sure, because Cassel isn't as bad as Thigpen, but the end result is just the same in the long run.

It's a waste of our fucking time.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Seemed obvious the wrong route was run, watching the game.

He should have seen it. Just like Cassel. Wouldn't you expect better awareness there? I would start Henne if I were them. It's going to get ugly down there.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 07:27 PM

Welcome to the NFL in 2012. He won't get long. He has this year to make major strides.

Tuckdaddy
09-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Real insightful. We have acrappy QB and need a better one. No kidding.

DTLB58
09-10-2012, 07:29 PM
If Indianapolis sucks as bad as I think they probably will, they may draft #1 again...in which case, we would have someone who would listen to trade offers.

If that were the case that should have been done for Luck.

Rausch
09-10-2012, 07:30 PM
People don't even realize how awful Cassel is for the whole team. It's not just the turnovers and bad throws. It's his limitations that hamstring the whole offense, and the willingness of the coaching staff to design an entire offense based around those limitations.

It's a loser mentality. It's the same ****ing bullshit we went through with Thigpen at the end of '08. To a lesser degree, for sure, because Cassel isn't as bad as Thigpen, but the end result is just the same in the long run.

It's a waste of our ****ing time.

Apparently it's important to draft depth on the o line and nickelback but not at QB...

DTLB58
09-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Somebody needs to tell all these "Outsiders" the Chiefs will need at the minimum to get a new GM and maybe a new Owner before this will ever happen.

DeezNutz
09-10-2012, 07:33 PM

Exactly why things will be damn near unbearable, should Pioli's testicles drop and he select a first-round QB.

Chief Roundup
09-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Exactly why things will be damn near unbearable, should Pioli's testicles drop and he select a first-round QB.

Yeah most QB's don't have good rookie years. Cam Newton type of rookie season is not normal at all. Even if RG3 has that type of year it still doesn't change the fact that most will not be really good.

qabbaan
09-10-2012, 07:44 PM
He should have seen it. Just like Cassel. Wouldn't you expect better awareness there? I would start Henne if I were them. It's going to get ugly down there.

You're a moron.

tredadda
09-10-2012, 07:45 PM

Won't happen. Too risky. Why would we waste that many picks on a QB of all things when we could spend those picks on players like TJ, Baldwin, Poe, McCluster, and back up offensive linemen?

tredadda
09-10-2012, 07:46 PM
the Colts did last year, why not.

That is wrong, you are not a fan if you think that/True fan

Frazod
09-10-2012, 07:48 PM

How would you know that, since it hasn't happened in decades? Do you think Colts fans give a shit that Luck will have growing pains knowing his upside, after seeing the end result of enduring Manning's growing pains?

saphojunkie
09-10-2012, 07:49 PM

You're a fucking moron.

BoneKrusher
09-10-2012, 07:49 PM
That is wrong, you are not a fan if you think that/True fan

sick of losing.

saphojunkie
09-10-2012, 07:50 PM
You're a moron.

You're a ****ing genius.

:thumb:

tredadda
09-10-2012, 07:50 PM

Way to compare an early 20's 1st round pick in his first game of year 2 with a career backup who hadn't started since HS and is over 30 years old.

tredadda
09-10-2012, 07:51 PM
sick of losing.

Feel ya bro

saphojunkie
09-10-2012, 07:51 PM
If that were the case that should have been done for Luck.

You could have offered the next 10 first rounders for Luck and Indy would not have traded their pick. Period.

BigRichard
09-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Yeah most QB's don't have good rookie years. Cam Newton type of rookie season is not normal at all. Even if RG3 has that type of year it still doesn't change the fact that most will not be really good.

I believe that to be a myth anymore.

Rothlesburger (sp?)
Andy Dalton
Cam Newton
Mark Sanchez (laugh if you want he made it to the playoffs)
Joe Flacco (Once again he made it to the playoffs)

Three7s
09-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Please God, tell me this is a troll post. No one could be this stupid.

Frazod
09-10-2012, 07:55 PM

Rothlesburger (sp?)
Andy Dalton
Cam Newton

Who gives a shit about making it to the playoffs? Big fucking deal. The Chiefs have made it to the playoffs twice in the past five years. It's WINNING in the playoffs that matters.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Way to compare an early 20's 1st round pick in his first game of year 2 with a career backup who hadn't started since HS and is over 30 years old.

Shouldn't we sell out on a first rounder like Gabbert and give him four years like we have Cassel? Don't we need a first rounder no matter what? It's absolutely relevant. I'm not moron. Some of you guys are idiots. Gabbert is trash. Yesterday was his signature game. Do you realize that? That's how bad he sucks. He played scared last year and that's the worst sign. You can't fix that.

mdchiefsfan
09-10-2012, 07:57 PM

I could see this happening :banghead::cuss:

Mr. Flopnuts
09-10-2012, 08:01 PM
OL

Valiant
09-10-2012, 08:04 PM

I am fine with any other QB except Barkley and Jones.. Stay far far away..

Brock
09-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Shouldn't we sell out on a first rounder like Gabbert and give him four years like we have Cassel? Don't we need a first rounder no matter what? It's absolutely relevant. I'm not moron. Some of you guys are idiots. Gabbert is trash. Yesterday was his signature game. Do you realize that? That's how bad he sucks.

He led a 4th quarter comeback with 20 seconds left. He's probably an ascending player, unlike what we currently have.

Chief Roundup
09-10-2012, 08:10 PM

Rothlesburger (sp?)
Andy Dalton
Cam Newton

They made it to the playoffs inspite of these two not because of them. If they wouldn't of had good run games and very good defenses they would of looked in worse.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:12 PM
He led a 4th quarter comeback with 20 seconds left. He's probably an ascending player, unlike what we currently have.

Watch him crap his pants against the Texans this week. At least Cassel isn't scared.

Cassel probably leads a 4th quarter comeback against a shitty team about as often as Gabbert does. Also, Gabbert missed the throw he had to make.

Bowe runs bad routes all the time. He's notorious for it. People don't give that excuse to cassel anymore but, they did in the first game of his second year starting. Just like Gabbert. We need to have higher standards guys. Rather than saying we need to take a first round QB, I think we need to take a QB who has a chance to be good. We need to stop settling for shit. We need someone who is capable like Russell Wilson. Someone who can ****ing win games. I don't give a shit about mechanics and arm strength. Guys like Tanneyhill never did what I'm talking about and they will fail. You literally have more of a chance at winning the Supebowl with Vince Young if you can get him to care.

When you watch college QBs this year, watch the ones that can comeback and carry a team in big games. watch to see if Barkley and Jones and whoever else can do this.

Brock
09-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Watch him crap his pants against the Texans this week. At least Cassel isn't scared.

Cassel is scared. He's the personification of scared. That should have been obvious to you at some point in the last 3 years.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Cassel is scared. He's the personification of scared. That should have been obvious to you at some point in the last 3 years.

No dude, He takes serious fucking shots back there. He played right after surgery with a shitty RT. He may be alot of things but he is not a pussy.

Brock
09-10-2012, 08:19 PM
No dude, He takes serious fucking shots back there. He played right after surgery with a shitty RT. He may be alot of things but he is not a pussy.

Bullshit. He scampers out of that pocket at the drop of a hat, like a goddamn rabbit.

Brock
09-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Pestilence, you need to add "Cassel is mentally tough" to the list of Black Bobisms in your sig.

the Talking Can
cassel is scared shitless in the pocket...witness the second half yesterday...and every single game he's played as a chief

gabbert, in only his 17th pro game ever put up 260 yards, 2tds, 0ints with a rookie WR...on the road

but remember...risky

Spongeblack Bobtard
Bullshit. He scampers out of that pocket at the drop of a hat, like a goddamn rabbit.

He's running for his life. I mean he still sucks as a QB but the dude is tough. Do you even remember 2009? He got killed back there man.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:23 PM
cassel is scared shitless in the pocket...witness the second half yesterday...and every single game he's played as a chief

gabbert, in only his 17th pro game ever put up 260 yards, 2tds, 0ints with a rookie WR...on the road

but remember...risky

I'm going to remember this one dude.

Chiefaholic
Somebody needs to tell all these "Outsiders" the Chiefs will need at the minimum to get a new GM and maybe a new Owner before this will ever happen.

Good thing you're an "Insider" with premium information on how to be a retard.

Brock
He's running for his life. I mean he still sucks as a QB but the dude is tough. Do you even remember 2009? He got killed back there man.

Shall I post some gifs?

DeezNutz
How would you know that, since it hasn't happened in decades? Do you think Colts fans give a shit that Luck will have growing pains knowing his upside, after seeing the end result of enduring Manning's growing pains?

Backlash due to the hatred for the Gang of 14. Thus, mistakes made by the n00b will be used as ammunition against this contingent.

Let's take Gabbert as an example. Dude was, CLEARLY, a first-round talent. Not even close. Some, like yourself, didn't like the player for various reasons. Others, who had no real opinion of him one way or the other, would have used any sign of weakness/failing as grounds to attack other posters.

This will be the same approach with any QB the Chiefs draft early.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Pestilence, you need to add "Cassel is mentally tough" to the list of Black Bobisms in your sig.

Who said that dickhead? I said he was physically tough.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 08:24 PM
This guy is wholly unoriginal and blatantly ripping off my shit.

Count Alex's Wins
09-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Gabbert and Mark Sanchez were both excellent yesterday.

Josh Freeman wasn't, but he still won.

Brock
Who said that dickhead? I said he was physically tough.

He's neither, but thanks for conceding that he's a jellyfish under pressure. "Dickhead"?

Rausch

Other than the ability to throw the football and the ability to know where to throw the football Ca$$hole has everything you need in a QB...

DeezNutz

but remember...risky

Again, Gabbert's upside is a more athletic Big Ben. Don't know if he'll reach it, but he's exceptionally talented.

Rausch
09-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Again, Gabbert's upside is a more athletic Big Ben.

No.

HELL NO.

DeezNutz
09-10-2012, 08:26 PM
And of course RGIII is shitty. Redskins gave up too much, and people who don't see this don't understand football.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:27 PM
He's neither, but thanks for conceding that he's a jellyfish under pressure. "Dickhead"?

I agree. He chokes under pressure. I have said it for years and it's the biggest problem with his game but that doesn't mean he doesn't stand in there and get the **** beaten out of him.

BlaineGabbert is Jim Everett part deux.... maybe

DeezNutz
09-10-2012, 08:27 PM
No.

HELL NO.

You're.

Wrong.

But it's cool. If others weren't wrong, I wouldn't be able to be right.

Brock
09-10-2012, 08:28 PM
I agree. He chokes under pressure. I have said it for years and it's the biggest problem with his game but that doesn't mean he doesn't stand in there and get the fuck beaten out of him.

BlaineGgabbert is Jim Everett part deux.... maybe

He doesn't just choke. he folds. he isn't tough.

DeezNutz
09-10-2012, 08:30 PM

I actually think that Cassel is tough, but he lacks all instinct and feel for the pocket, thus causing him to look like a pussy, if that makes sense.

That's what happens when a player isn't a QB in college (or doesn't play, anyway).

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:30 PM

Well, he's a 1,000 times tougher than Gabbert imo and that's my point. I don't give a shit about cassel. Everyone understands he is not the answer. I give a shit about not taking a first round pick like Gabbert. We need to get it right so we don't spend time ****ing around with a loser like that. Wasn't two or three years of Cassel enough? Weren't most of you guys done a long time ago?

tredadda
09-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Shouldn't we sell out on a first rounder like Gabbert and give him four years like we have Cassel? Don't we need a first rounder no matter what? It's absolutely relevant. I'm not moron. Some of you guys are idiots. Gabbert is trash. Yesterday was his signature game. Do you realize that? That's how bad he sucks. He played scared last year and that's the worst sign. You can't fix that.

Yes you can. Last year he went to one of the worst offensive teams in the league. He had no offseason to prepare and outside of MJD had literally no weapons. He is no Cam, but if you put him on this team with these weapons I bet he would in time do better than Cassel would.

Brock
09-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Well, he's a 1,000 times tougher than Gabbert imo and that's my point. I don't give a shit about cassel. I give a shit about not taking a first round pick like Gabbert.

Well, we have 3 years of evidence on Cassel. Gabbert's story isn't written yet, your opinion notwithstanding.

Rausch
09-10-2012, 08:34 PM
You're.

Wrong.

But it's cool. If others weren't wrong, I wouldn't be able to be right.

Other than their size I don't see much in common...

Rausch
09-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Well, he's a 1,000 times tougher than Gabbert imo and that's my point.

:rolleyes:

DeezNutz
09-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Other than their size I don't see much in common...

Arm strength. Toughness. Durability.

Dude just got his ass beat at Mizzou and showed supreme leadership skills. Never mind the fact that he's more athletic and mobile than BB.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Yes you can. Last year he went to one of the worst offensive teams in the league. He had no offseason to prepare and outside of MJD had literally no weapons. He is no Cam, but if you put him on this team with these weapons I bet he would in time do better than Cassel would.

Sounds like the same way people talked about Cassel.

DeezNutz
09-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Like I said, though, this all means jack and shit if he doesn't realize his potential. BB is a fucking franchise QB; everything else is bullshit at this point.

DeezNutz
09-10-2012, 08:37 PM

Nonsense. You mean the QB who could "hit the ground running"? The QB with one of the best running games in the NFL? The QB with a legit #1 WR (whom Haley "developed")?

Count Alex's Wins
09-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Gabbert appears to have made more progress from year one to year two than Cassel has at any point over his four seasons as a starter.

Dave Lane
09-10-2012, 08:39 PM
You're a moron.

Thats about the only thing more obvious than the article.

Chiefaholic
09-10-2012, 08:40 PM
I'd take Gabbert over Cassel in a heartbeat.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Thats about the only thing more obvious than the article.

I guess I am an idiot for wanting to take the right QB rather than get married and divorced again. Do you enjoy doing the three or four year shuffle? How many wives have you had?

tredadda
09-10-2012, 08:41 PM

And he never improved. Gabbert already looks like he might.

DeezNutz
09-10-2012, 08:42 PM
I guess I am an idiot for wanting to take the right QB rather than get married and divorced again. Do you enjoy doing the three or four year shuffle? How many wives have you had?

Define the "right QB"? A "sure thing," I'm assuming?

Dave Lane
09-10-2012, 08:43 PM

Absolutely. Cassel has nuts the size of watermelons. He's never peed his pants or flinched in the face of a pass rush ever.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:43 PM
I'd take Gabbert over Cassel in a heartbeat.

Well, I wouldn't take Aaron Murray over Cassel right now. I love Georgia but he hasn't proven he can lead the team when it matters. He threw 35 TDs in the SEC but we died when we got behind. You are thinking with your heart imo. Gabbert isn't that good.

Brock
09-10-2012, 08:46 PM

If RG drops out of the top 10, sure.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:46 PM

Someone who has proven themselves capable of carrying a team on their shoulders and making the plays that must be made to win. It's about doing it when it counts. That's what I look for the most. It's why Carroll took Russle Wilson two rounds before everyone else had him slated. It's the most important thing.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:50 PM
If RG drops out of the top 10, sure.

LOL. That's not what I am saying at all.

RG3's and Luck's don't come around often. That's what I want you to understand. That's the problem I have with you guys. Know what I mean? It's hard to find QBs that can make it. Even in the first round.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 08:52 PM
And he never improved. Gabbert already looks like he might.

:) Cassel had games like that and he won. You guys are fucked up.

DeezNutz
09-10-2012, 08:54 PM
LOL. That's not what I am saying at all.

RG3's and Luck's don't come around often. That's what I want you to understand. That's the problem I have with you guys. Know what I mean? It's hard to find QBs that can make it. Even in the first round.

Well, recent history suggests otherwise.

There have been a shit ton of pretty successful QBs taken in the first in recent years. Teams are simply better about scouting them and also realize the risk-reward.

Not the Chiefs, of course, who are run by Carl's dumber younger brother.

tredadda
09-10-2012, 08:59 PM
:) Cassel had games like that and he won. You guys are ****ed up.

Name 3 games in the last 4 years in which we were behind by 14+ and Cassel led us to a win? For that matter how many times has he won a game for us when our defense did not play well?

Three7s
09-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Name 3 games in the last 4 years in which we were behind by 14+ and Cassel led us to a win? For that matter how many times has he won a game for us when our defense did not play well?
Colts 2011
Steelers 2009
Vikings 2011? Not sure on that one

That's all I got. The Steelers game may not have been 14 points, but it was double-digit Steeler lead at one point.

tredadda
09-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Colts 2011
Steelers 2009
Vikings 2011? Not sure on that one

That's all I got. The Steelers game may not have been 14 points, but it was double-digit Steeler lead at one point.

ROFL Two of those three teams finished last year with the worst and third worst records in football.Sadly, we wont face teams that poor in the playoffs. That Steelers team was the one who failed to make the playoffs as well.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Someone who has proven themselves capable of carrying a team on their shoulders and making the plays that must be made to win. It's about doing it when it counts. That's what I look for the most. It's why Carroll took Russle Wilson two rounds before everyone else had him slated. It's the most important thing.

I think most people know that just taking any QB in the draft could put us in 4 yrs of hell with a QB. That being said, at some point you gotta atleast take a shot. How many years of retread QB fails are we gonna have before we try another route. We took a chance on Cassel instead of moving around in the draft and it cost us 4 years. Drafting a QB isn't the only way to get stuck with an average, never going to go anywhere, QB.