PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFF: Refocused: Falcons at Chiefs (fairly positive review of the Chiefs)


Von Dumbass
09-11-2012, 06:34 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/10/re-focused-falcons-chiefs-week-1/

While the final score says otherwise, the Kansas City Chiefs didn’t make life easy for the Atlanta Falcons in this one. At the half this was a nip-and-tuck game with both offenses clearly on top of the opposing defenses. At that point the two teams had combined for 37 points, 454 yards and both quarterbacks had shown excellent command of their offense. Costly turnovers in the second half set the Chiefs back however, and allowed the Falcons to set up what proved to be an unassailable lead by the end of the third quarter.

Despite the score line, there were reasons to be cheerful and fearful for both teams as the season begins, with one performance in particular exciting Atlanta fans more than the rest. The Chiefs had their own players who stood out, so with that in mind let’s take a look at the key performances from both sides in this Week 1 matchup.

Kansas City – Three Performances of Note

Improvement from Cassel

It’s easy to look at the stat sheet and put the blame of this loss at the feet of Cassel, however a closer look at his play on Sunday shows that it’s not time to start the Brady Quinn calls yet. His second interception of the game came from a poor throw and an even worse decision, but the first came from a tipped pass and he had a very good first half. He completed 21-of-31 aimed passes throughout the game, while being the victim of three dropped passes. The horrific interception notwithstanding, he limited his mistakes for much of the game and his greatest weakness to work on moving forward is ball location, his decision making this week was solid for the most part. He was inefficient in the second half and he wasn’t at the standard of an elite quarterback, however it’s worth pointing out that it was his highest graded game since Week 16 of the 2010 season and, after a horrible 2011, at least showed enough to give Chiefs fans optimism this year.

Dexter’s Lab

It may just be one game, but we got to see signs on Sunday that Dexter McCluster could be an exciting weapon for Kansas City this season. Looking dangerous out of the slot, he pulled in six of nine passes thrown to him for 82 yards. His best play of the game came on 2nd-and-9 with 12:35 left in the third quarter. Working against Robinson in the slot, he made the reception in front of the cornerback 14-yards downfield before spinning free from him and using great balance to gain a further seven yards. Ever since he entered the league fans, both Chiefs’ and neutral alike, have been excited about the potential McCluster has as an “X-Factor” in the Kansas City offense. To this point in his career that potential has only been realized sporadically, but this game saw the Chiefs make better use of McCluster than they have in the past and he responded with one of his best career games. It may only be Week 1, but Kansas City fans will be eager to see this form continued to complement the threat of Dwayne Bowe on the outside.

Missing Flowers

It went without saying before the game that the Chiefs were going to miss PFF’s fifth-highest graded corner in 2011, Brandon Flowers, as he sat out through injury. It was further highlighted however, with a poor outing for the Kansas City cornerbacks. While Stanford Routt (+1.1) did make a nice play pressing Jones to the sideline to prevent any chance of a completion with 10:58 left in the first quarter, to go along with a forced fumble later in the same period, he still gave up a reception on the other three passes thrown into his coverage. Opposite him, Jacques Reeves (-2.4) couldn’t handle Atlanta’s top two receivers, giving up a catch on all five passes thrown to Roddy White (+2.3) and Jones, including a touchdown to the latter with 8:56 left in the first quarter. Kansas City fans will be desperate to see Flowers return to the field quickly. It should come as no surprise that the Chiefs have no-one else of Flowers’ level on the roster, but the drop off without him was alarming this week with the Chiefs’ corners never looking like getting close to the Falcons’ top two receivers.

Game Notes

- The Chiefs rotated their backfield a lot with Peyton Hillis, Jamaal Charles and Shaun Draughn all seeing at least 19 offensive snaps.

- Derrick Johnson gave up a perfect quarterback rating to throws in his coverage, allowing five receptions for 80 yards and a touchdown on six attempts.

- Matt Ryan completed 75% of his passes and threw for two touchdowns when blitzed.

Game Ball

With two touchdowns to highlight an incredible performance, Julio Jones set the standard for what could be a spectacular season.

Atlanta – Three Performances of Note

Keeping up with the Jones

After an impressive rookie season, much was expected of wide receiver Julio Jones heading into 2012 and his Week 1 performance (+4.3) would suggest he isn’t going to disappoint. Reeling in six of nine passes thrown his way, with no drops, he finished the game averaging 18 yards per catch and two touchdowns. His big play ability was evident on both scores, as he made a Kansas City defender miss each time. It was a dominant start to the season from the former sixth-overall draft pick, as he took advantage of Kansas City’s defensive backs affording him far too much room on his way to a big day. If he can maintain this form more consistently in 2012 than in his rookie season, we will be talking about Jones plenty this season.

Making the Three-Down Role His Own

With Curtis Lofton now in New Orleans, Stephen Nicholas (+4.0) has the opportunity to make a name for himself in a three-down role and, based on this game, it’s an opportunity he’s ready to grasp with both hands. Outshining teammate Sean Weatherspoon (+2.7), who was our fifth-highest graded 4-3 outside linebacker a year ago, he finished the game with six defensive stops against the run. Targeted eight times in coverage he did give up five receptions, but made up for it with an interception off a horrible Matt Cassel (+2.6) pass on 3rd-and-1 with 14:52 left in the game. If he can put in more performances like this one, where he made some good plays and limited his mistakes, he’ll go a long way to making Falcons fans forget all about Lofton.

Trouble in the Slot

It wasn’t all good news for Atlanta at Arrowhead, however. Finishing the game without a single positively graded play, Dunta Robinson (-4.0) struggled from the slot. He gave up a reception on all four occasions he was targeted, and allowed an average of 14 yards per catch. He didn’t fare much better against the run, with a grade of -1.4 in that area. It was his struggles against Dexter McCluster (+2.6) that showed most however, as he missed a tackle on both receptions to the Chiefs’ slot man, and gave up a first down on both occasions. Much was made about Atlanta acquiring Asante Samuel (+0.2) in the offseason, giving the Falcons a fearsome set of corners. However, this display from Robinson and the injury to Brent Grimes, makes you reconsider this altogether.

(The Falcons section is in the spoiler if you give a shit about it)

Hog Farmer
09-11-2012, 06:41 AM
Peyton Manning

T-post Tom
09-11-2012, 06:52 AM
Brandon Carr, wherefore art thou?

Ace Gunner
09-11-2012, 06:59 AM
"- Derrick Johnson gave up a perfect quarterback rating to throws in his coverage, allowing five receptions for 80 yards and a touchdown on six attempts."


He's blowing his assignments killing this defense.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 07:02 AM
"- Derrick Johnson gave up a perfect quarterback rating to throws in his coverage, allowing five receptions for 80 yards and a touchdown on six attempts."


He's blowing his assignments killing this defense. DJ & Dorsey are the main reason this defense has been so inconsistent.

I think Dorsey is fine and consistant. He's a large part of the reason for Hali's success imo. However, DJ and Bowe are the most inconsistant players on this team. It's a real problem. Sometimes they make plays but generally you can't count on them. If DJ was hurt, he shouldn't have played. I don't want to hear that shit. He does this when he's healthy. It's just getting old seeing this every year.

To be good, you need to be able to lean on your superstars and you can't lean on DJ or Bowe. Charles and Berry? - Yes but, not DJ and Bowe.

mcaj22
09-11-2012, 07:05 AM
well in DJ's defense he's the only LBer on this team that can even attempt or try to pass cover so if he's outmatched and gets beat, then he gets beat. Nobody else can do what he does and we are going to sink or swim with DJ based on how he performs in the middle zone on passing downs.

Sometimes he gets an interception or makes a play, and sometimes he gets beat like a drum. He's not Patrick Willis were he can match up on anyone over the middle.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 07:07 AM
well in DJ's defense he's the only LBer on this team that can even attempt or try to pass cover so if he's outmatched and gets beat, then he gets beat. Nobody else can do what he does and we are going to sink or swim with DJ based on how he performs in the middle zone on passing downs.

Sometimes he gets an interception or makes a play, and sometimes he gets beat like a drum. He's not Patrick Willis were he can match up on anyone over the middle.

He doesn't have to be Patrick Willis. He just has to be Lawerence Timmons. He's really not a good fit for the position he's playing.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-11-2012, 07:10 AM
What? You mean people may be jumping the gun. Shocked.

Sofa King
09-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Graded out perfectly...

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 07:15 AM
What? You mean people may be jumping the gun. Shocked.

I think it's the opposite. It's just more of the same with a hint of indifference. DJ is not a problem that can be fixed. He's the best we have so we have to move on. It could be worse...

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-11-2012, 07:16 AM
DJ played hurt dummy

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 07:18 AM
DJ played hurt dummy

Read my post man. Here it is again...


I think Dorsey is fine and consistant. He's a large part of the reason for Hali's success imo. However, DJ and Bowe are the most inconsistant players on this team. It's a real problem. Sometimes they make plays but generally you can't count on them. If DJ was hurt, he shouldn't have played. I don't want to hear that shit. He does this when he's healthy. It's just getting old seeing this every year.

To be good, you need to be able to lean on your superstars and you can't lean on DJ or Bowe. Charles and Berry? - Yes but, not DJ and Bowe.

DJ was 100 times worse than Cassel in that game.

Hog Farmer
09-11-2012, 07:22 AM
"- Derrick Johnson gave up a perfect quarterback rating to throws in his coverage, allowing five receptions for 80 yards and a touchdown on six attempts."


He's blowing his assignments killing this defense.


Are you refering to the guy that set a franchise record for tackles last year and had two ints for touchdowns ?

Buckweath
09-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Chiefsplanet...where your All-Pro players get criticized at the first below average game that they have, and even if just back from injury.

Can we just accept the fact that we were never going to win this game with Hali, Flowers, Lewis and Bailey missing?

Chiefnj2
09-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Why the praise for Bailey? What the heck has he done?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Read my post man. Here it is again...




DJ was 100 times worse than Cassel in that game.

I haven't said anything bad about Cassel. He played well in the 1st half to keep the team in the game. Fumbled because the refs allowed Abe to have a running start (must have turned offside penalties and illegal picks off for this one) and Mo caused his first pick. The defense however shit all over the field for 60 minutes. Inexcusable, but I'm hardly going to blame friggin DJ for at least giving it a go.

Ace Gunner
09-11-2012, 07:25 AM
I think Dorsey is fine and consistant. He's a large part of the reason for Hali's success imo. However, DJ and Bowe are the most inconsistant players on this team. It's a real problem. Sometimes they make plays but generally you can't count on them. If DJ was hurt, he shouldn't have played. I don't want to hear that shit. He does this when he's healthy. It's just getting old seeing this every year.

To be good, you need to be able to lean on your superstars and you can't lean on DJ or Bowe. Charles and Berry? - Yes but, not DJ and Bowe.

Tru tru, mugs.

I scratched that second sentence to minimize distractions from that quote, but I still feel Glenn Dorsey is a liability.

And I agree with regard to Bowe etc -- first time they lean on him, first catch is a drop. Hilarious.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Why the praise for Bailey? What the heck has he done?

He was at least able to get some presure in the sub packages late in the season last year. Something they sorely missed Week 1.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 07:28 AM
I haven't said anything bad about Cassel. He played well in the 1st half to keep the team in the game. Fumbled because the refs allowed Abe to have a running start (must have turned offside penalties and illegal picks off for this one) and Mo caused his first pick. The defense however shit all over the field for 60 minutes. Inexcusable, but I'm hardly going to blame friggin DJ for at least giving it a go.

Fair enough man. When I was speaking about Cassel, I wasn't directing it at you specifically. I agree that it would have been worse without DJ. I'm just saying we gotta find more players we can lean on. I think this is becoming a real problem. DJ is not a leader and it's time to quit expecting him to be.

Chiefnj2
09-11-2012, 07:29 AM
If the former Coalition members went back to that site the intelligence level of the Planet would quadruple immediately.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 07:32 AM
If the former Coalition members went back to that site the intelligence level of the Planet would quadruple immediately.

Yeah, this site was once known for its intellegence. You're killing me man. For some reason I don't think that was ever in the agenda from the beginning. LMAO

DBOSHO
09-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Unbelievable. All of the sudden derrick johnson isnt good although he played every snap on defense hurt and had to cover the best tight end in history.

steve_minor
09-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Unbelievable. All of the sudden derrick johnson isnt good although he played every snap on defense hurt and had to cover the best tight end in history.

I don't think anyone is saying he isnt good. He was hurt, and if being hurt affected his performance to below the level of his backup then he should not have played. We all know the Chiefs are deep with talent at every position :p

I was encouraged by the game and the grades here validate what I saw. Our offense performed well enough to win a lot of games. The turnovers were bad, and I assume Cassel doesn't throw across the field if not down by 2+ TD's. I would have been pissed if he threw it away and just layed down. Our Special Teams sucked all day.

If we improve on special teams and get healthy on defense then we will compete this year.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Unbelievable. All of the sudden derrick johnson isnt good although he played every snap on defense hurt and had to cover the best tight end in history.

Does he ever play like that when he's not hurt? Has he just never shown up in a game before? Is it that uncommon? :LOL:

Hog Farmer
09-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Does he ever play like that when he's not hurt? Has he just never shown up in a game before? Is it that uncommon? :LOL:



Are you refering to the guy that set a franchise record for tackles last year and had two ints for touchdowns ?

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 07:58 AM
If the former Coalition members went back to that site the intelligence level of the Planet would quadruple immediately.

dumbest post i've ever seen on CP.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Just as Brian Billick told me at the airport, we were without 4 starters on defense and with DJ banged up, we weren't winning the game. I'm surprised we hung on for a half.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 08:06 AM
dumbest post i've ever seen on CP.

I take it you dont re-read your own posts very often do you?

notorious
09-11-2012, 08:07 AM
"- Derrick Johnson gave up a perfect quarterback rating to throws in his coverage, allowing five receptions for 80 yards and a touchdown on six attempts."


He's blowing his assignments killing this defense.

He's injured. He will be fine when he is 100%

notorious
09-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Yeah, this site was once known for its intellegence. You're killing me man. For some reason I don't think that was ever in the agenda from the beginning. LMAO

This site has been right about the most important position in football for years now.

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 08:18 AM
I take it you dont re-read your own posts very often do you?

i'm from the Coailtion, i dont have to. ;)

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 08:22 AM
i'm from the Coailtion, i dont have to. ;)

Thats why no one takes you seriously... Sorry Bro, but you are doomed from the start.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 08:54 AM
This site has been right about the most important position in football for years now.

This is exactly what I am saying. It takes no intellegence to see that Cassel sucks.

We hate Cassel! We hate Cassel! Get your rope and torches! We hate Cassel!

So fucking what? He's starting this week.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Thats why no one takes you seriously... Sorry Bro, but you are doomed from the start.

Dude, Your name is Rerun. This is what I see everytime you post. Does anyone take you seriously? LMAO

http://mentalpoo.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/rerun_buttsecks.jpg

You probably get that alot but it's still funny to me.

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Dude, Your name is Rerun. This is what I see everytime you post. Does anyone take you seriously? LMAO



You probably get that alot but it's still funny to me.

:thumb:

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Thats why no one takes you seriously... Sorry Bro, but you are doomed from the start.

Dude,
i didnt come here to be Macho and expect peeps to kiss my ass and bow at my feet.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Dude,
i didnt come here to be Macho and expect peeps to kiss my ass and bow at my feet.

I know...loochy was Macho. You couldn't be Warrior either.

Buckweath
09-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Why the praise for Bailey? What the heck has he done?

Bailey is nothing special but he still provides more passrush in the nickel than whomever we lined up in his place.

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 09:07 AM
I know...loochy was Macho. You couldn't be Warrior either.

LMAO

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 09:11 AM
If the former Coalition members went back to that site the intelligence level of the Planet would quadruple immediately.

The truth is that there are former coalition people all over this place. I have probably seen maybe 10 (?) post here today. I would expect more to come. The coalition has moved to social media sites (facebook and twitter) and soon will probably not have a website.

As far as fans go, they are probably the same. There are some really smart posters there and there are some really smart posters here. However, I think the planet is better because you can say exactly what you want to and you don't HAVE to respect people. It's kind of liberating really. I think that's why I went off on people so much during my first week here.

There, it's like you are forced to have intellegent polite conversation and here you are not. That's what makes this place great.

I once got banned for a while for telling a colts troll to eat the corn out of my shit and it was worth it.... I needed to leave and didn't really relate anymore.

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 09:26 AM
spot on BB
i don't think a Football forum would work very well if all it's members had to meet a certain IQ level.

maybe the Chiefs need to do that with their next QB tho.
i'll have a talk with Pioli about that later today.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Cassel seems pretty book smart, he just can't handle pressure without pooping in his underoos.

Detoxing
09-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Sunday can't get here soon enough.

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Our defense really didnt play that bad. They forced FOUR field goals, two in the Red Zone, and were playing with their backs to the wall the whole game because of stupid offensive play calling and turnovers.

Detoxing
09-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Our defense really didnt play that bad. They forced FOUR field goals, two in the Red Zone, and were playing with their backs to the wall the whole game because of stupid offensive play calling and turnovers.

Yeah i agree. Not forcing a punt until late in the 4th qtr is how all the elite D's do it.

Urc Burry
09-11-2012, 09:41 AM
I've only seen the game once, but Poe seemed to be farther along then I planned on him being. I don't agree with how Berry was used, at least without Flowers and Lewis in the lineup

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Cassel seems pretty book smart, he just can't handle pressure without pooping in his underoos.

yeah, football smarts was what i was referring to.

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Yeah i agree. Not forcing a punt until late in the 4th qtr is how all the elite D's do it.

Turnovers yeah

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Field goals, whatever.

Chiefnj2
09-11-2012, 10:01 AM
and were playing with their backs to the wall the whole game because of stupid offensive play calling and turnovers.

Really? Because in this alternate universe called reality the Falcons took the opening kickoff, marched down the field and put up 7 points before the Chiefs even touched the ball.

After Atlanta went ahead 10-3 (due to special teams, not the offense) KC's "stupid offensive play calling" tied the game at 10, only to have the defense let the Falcons drive the field again, for yet another TD.

The offense responded with "stupid" playcalling and scored another TD to tie it up, but I guess they just left too much time on the clock, because we know what happened in the final 3 minutes. That's right the D let them march another 70 yards and a FG. Damn that offense.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Our defense really didnt play that bad. They forced FOUR field goals, two in the Red Zone, and were playing with their backs to the wall the whole game because of stupid offensive play calling and turnovers.

No kidding and it's definately all because of Routt.

Ace Gunner
09-11-2012, 10:20 AM
No kidding and it's definately all because of Routt.

:D that and TYS:deevee:NNNNN

Ace Gunner
09-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Except that Romeo hated the defense's play and so did I. Other than this, they were gold. star. on forehead. finish with a positive. don't hurt.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Dude, Your name is Rerun. This is what I see everytime you post. Does anyone take you seriously? LMAO

http://mentalpoo.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/rerun_buttsecks.jpg

You probably get that alot but it's still funny to me.

Fucking n00bs... That was funny in 2008, Welcome to Chiefsplanet...

Mr. Laz
09-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Brandon Carr, wherefore art thou?
How many times does it have to be said


IF we kept Brandon Carr then we wouldn't of sign Routt


Reeves still would of been on the field and he was the problem, not Routt.



think people

Ace Gunner
09-11-2012, 10:39 AM
****ing n00bs... That was funny in 2008, Welcome to Chiefsplanet...

still a good dancer:D

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Really? Because in this alternate universe called reality the Falcons took the opening kickoff, marched down the field and put up 7 points before the Chiefs even touched the ball.

After Atlanta went ahead 10-3 (due to special teams, not the offense) KC's "stupid offensive play calling" tied the game at 10, only to have the defense let the Falcons drive the field again, for yet another TD.

The offense responded with "stupid" playcalling and scored another TD to tie it up, but I guess they just left too much time on the clock, because we know what happened in the final 3 minutes. That's right the D let them march another 70 yards and a FG. Damn that offense.

Totally, I forgot to mention the failure on special teams. Thanks for reminding me.

Chiefnj2
09-11-2012, 10:44 AM
IF we kept Brandon Carr then we wouldn't of sign Routt




Why? They had/have the money for both and you need to be three deep at corner these days.

Pestilence
09-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Why? They had/have the money for both and you need to be three deep at corner these days.

Because we weren't paying Routt that much money to play the #4 CB spot.

Frosty
09-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Totally, I forgot to mention the failure on special teams. Thanks for reminding me.

That long kick return by Jaquizz Rodgers was hard for me. 'Quizz is one of my all-time favorite OS Beavers, so I want him to do well in the NFL. Part of me was thinking "Go Quizz!, go!" and part of me was :facepalm: at the Chiefs' coverage.

Chiefnj2
09-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Because we weren't paying Routt that much money to play the #4 CB spot.

It's not like it left Clark's wallet to improve the team at another position.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 10:49 AM
That long kick return by Jaquizz Rodgers was hard for me. 'Quizz is one of my all-time favorite OS Beavers, so I want him to do well in the NFL. Part of me was thinking "Go Quizz!, go!" and part of me was :facepalm: at the Chiefs' coverage.

We missed Jalil Brown on that one for sure. He's best gunner in the NFL imo. Most people don't pay attention to that sort of thing but check him out.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Why? They had/have the money for both and you need to be three deep at corner these days.
Routt wouldn't of signed with us as a backup

He would of waited and found a team with a starting spot open.

not to mention the 60 million worth of money that it would of put into the cornerback position with flowers/Carr/Routt

or the fact that Carr wanted to be a cowboy


:facepalm:

A Salt Weapon
09-11-2012, 10:53 AM
I really liked the play where Poe blew up his blocker and tackled the halfback in the backfield. Showed a lot of promise.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buckweath
09-11-2012, 11:25 AM
I really liked the play where Poe blew up his blocker and tackled the halfback in the backfield. Showed a lot of promise.
Posted via Mobile Device

Looks like Poe was solid against the run and poor at rushing the passer. I would prefer the opposite early in his career and I thought he looked better at rushing the passer than run blocking during the preseason.

The Bad Guy
09-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I think Dorsey is fine and consistant. He's a large part of the reason for Hali's success imo. However, DJ and Bowe are the most inconsistant players on this team. It's a real problem. Sometimes they make plays but generally you can't count on them. If DJ was hurt, he shouldn't have played. I don't want to hear that shit. He does this when he's healthy. It's just getting old seeing this every year.

To be good, you need to be able to lean on your superstars and you can't lean on DJ or Bowe. Charles and Berry? - Yes but, not DJ and Bowe.

How is Dorsey a large part of Hali's success when Dorsey isn't on the field much when the Chiefs are in nickel or dime packages?

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 11:38 AM
How is Dorsey a large part of Hali's success when Dorsey isn't on the field much when the Chiefs are in nickel or dime packages?

Half of our nickel packages are a 3-3-5 nickel and Dorsey is out there. He also plays DT in the dime sometimes.

He Keeps Tamba one vs. one on passing downs when he lines up at ROLB and that's his job.

Blick
09-11-2012, 11:41 AM
I really liked the play where Poe blew up his blocker and tackled the halfback in the backfield. Showed a lot of promise.
Posted via Mobile Device

This should have been a big play for us. That was the drive after the missed FG. 1st down was an incomplete pass, then Poe makes a stop for a loss on 2nd down to make it 3rd and 11. Romeo decides to rush 3, and Ryan has all day to hit Jones on a slow developing post route for a big play. I can't stand rushing 3 and giving QB's in this league that much time to throw.

Frosty
09-11-2012, 11:50 AM
This should have been a big play for us. That was the drive after the missed FG. 1st down was an incomplete pass, then Poe makes a stop for a loss on 2nd down to make it 3rd and 11. Romeo decides to rush 3, and Ryan has all day to hit Jones on a slow developing post route for a big play. I can't stand rushing 3 and giving QB's in this league that much time to throw.

Since it looked like the Falcons were going to score anyway every time they had the ball, I was almost wishing for some Gunther-style all out blitzes. If they scored on that, oh well - it just gets it back to the offense quicker.

BossChief
09-11-2012, 12:19 PM
It's not like it left Clark's wallet to improve the team at another position.

The Chiefs are #3 in the league in cash spending this year.

The only reason we have 26 million in cap space is because we rolled over 24 million from last year.

...

Now...as far as the ridiculously poor takes from Mugsy (BlackBob) and ReddArrowhead (Lou Zare) in this thread...you guys should probably take a break and just read the site for awhile because its rare to see dumber takes that some you guys have posted today.

Sorry, but it's true.

Chiefnj2
09-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Since it looked like the Falcons were going to score anyway every time they had the ball, I was almost wishing for some Gunther-style all out blitzes. If they scored on that, oh well - it just gets it back to the offense quicker.

Ryan made them pay just about every time they blitzed. Nothing was working.

BossChief
09-11-2012, 12:29 PM
All of these posts are of terrible quality.

"- Derrick Johnson gave up a perfect quarterback rating to throws in his coverage, allowing five receptions for 80 yards and a touchdown on six attempts."


He's blowing his assignments killing this defense.

I think Dorsey is fine and consistant. He's a large part of the reason for Hali's success imo. However, DJ and Bowe are the most inconsistant players on this team. It's a real problem. Sometimes they make plays but generally you can't count on them. If DJ was hurt, he shouldn't have played. I don't want to hear that shit. He does this when he's healthy. It's just getting old seeing this every year.

To be good, you need to be able to lean on your superstars and you can't lean on DJ or Bowe. Charles and Berry? - Yes but, not DJ and Bowe.

I think it's the opposite. It's just more of the same with a hint of indifference. DJ is not a problem that can be fixed. He's the best we have so we have to move on. It could be worse...

Tru tru, mugs.

I scratched that second sentence to minimize distractions from that quote, but I still feel Glenn Dorsey is a liability.

And I agree with regard to Bowe etc -- first time they lean on him, first catch is a drop. Hilarious.

Fair enough man. When I was speaking about Cassel, I wasn't directing it at you specifically. I agree that it would have been worse without DJ. I'm just saying we gotta find more players we can lean on. I think this is becoming a real problem. DJ is not a leader and it's time to quit expecting him to be.

Does he ever play like that when he's not hurt? Has he just never shown up in a game before? Is it that uncommon? :LOL:

We missed Jalil Brown on that one for sure. He's best gunner in the NFL imo. Most people don't pay attention to that sort of thing but check him out.

Pestilence
09-11-2012, 12:31 PM
The Chiefs are #3 in the league in cash spending this year.

The only reason we have 26 million in cap space is because we rolled over 24 million from last year.

...

Now...as far as the ridiculously poor takes from Mugsy (BlackBob) and ReddArrowhead (Lou Zare) in this thread...you guys should probably take a break and just read the site for awhile because its rare to see dumber takes that some you guys have posted today.

Sorry, but it's true.

All you have to do is look at my sig for how retarded BB really is.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Now...as far as the ridiculously poor takes from Mugsy (BlackBob) and ReddArrowhead (Lou Zare) in this thread...you guys should probably take a break and just read the site for awhile because its rare to see dumber takes that some you guys have posted today.

Sorry, but it's true.

Which ones? LOL, I thought we were pretty real. If you don't think DJ and Bowe are as inconsistant as they come then you haven't been watching the Chiefs. DJ was bad on Sunday man. Bowe dropped a pass like always. It's same old thing every year and we need better leadership.

They will probably be great next week and everyone will say "you guys suck! you guys don't know football!" However, the truth is that this is the way it goes every year with DJ and Bowe. They are boom or bust players and they should bear some burden.

Is it about Dorsey? All you have to do is watch a highlight tape of Tamba. Over half of his sacks have Dorsey right next to him. On third down we have rolled in Gilberry or Bailey in the past but we run the nickel alot more than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGuJbOz_TEo

Aren't you the one who said Pitoitua never lined up at NT because it was a 2 down linemen defense? What makes a NT? Isn't it when a guy lines up over the center and the guard? particularly the RG in a 2 down linemen set?

You sure are full of yourself BossChief and you talk out of your ass quite a bit.

whoman69
09-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Playing well on one side of the ball for a half isn't a positive for me. They didn't force one punt in the first half. When they missed the FG that would have tied the game, the entire team went flat.

Frosty
09-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Ryan made them pay just about every time they blitzed. Nothing was working.

They were only rushing 5-6 on those blitzes. I was talking about what Gunther did against the Bills four straight times many moons ago. They probably would have gotten burned anyway but it would have been fun to watch. :)

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 12:46 PM
All of these posts are of terrible quality.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Zare
"- Derrick Johnson gave up a perfect quarterback rating to throws in his coverage, allowing five receptions for 80 yards and a touchdown on six attempts."


He's blowing his assignments killing this defense.

He took that from the article at the top of the thread dumbass. - "Derrick Johnson gave up a perfect quarterback rating to throws in his coverage, allowing five receptions for 80 yards and a touchdown on six attempts."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBob
I think Dorsey is fine and consistant. He's a large part of the reason for Hali's success imo. However, DJ and Bowe are the most inconsistant players on this team. It's a real problem. Sometimes they make plays but generally you can't count on them. If DJ was hurt, he shouldn't have played. I don't want to hear that shit. He does this when he's healthy. It's just getting old seeing this every year.

To be good, you need to be able to lean on your superstars and you can't lean on DJ or Bowe. Charles and Berry? - Yes but, not DJ and Bowe.

Bowe doesn't have a contract because he is inconsistant. DJ has checked out in games when he wasn't injured. This is 100% true. It is valid to question their hearts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBob
I think it's the opposite. It's just more of the same with a hint of indifference. DJ is not a problem that can be fixed. He's the best we have so we have to move on. It could be worse...

This is the straight up truth and I had the balls to say it in a forum of homers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Zare
Tru tru, mugs.

I scratched that second sentence to minimize distractions from that quote, but I still feel Glenn Dorsey is a liability.

And I agree with regard to Bowe etc -- first time they lean on him, first catch is a drop. Hilarious.

Gotta respect the guts. It's the truth. those guys don't show up when we need them most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBob
Fair enough man. When I was speaking about Cassel, I wasn't directing it at you specifically. I agree that it would have been worse without DJ. I'm just saying we gotta find more players we can lean on. I think this is becoming a real problem. DJ is not a leader and it's time to quit expecting him to be.

I guess it's all on Cassel and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBob
Does he ever play like that when he's not hurt? Has he just never shown up in a game before? Is it that uncommon?

This is like the missed tackle thing. I stand by my words. If you can't see it, you are in denial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBob
We missed Jalil Brown on that one for sure. He's best gunner in the NFL imo. Most people don't pay attention to that sort of thing but check him out.

This proves Bosschief doesn't watch the game right here. I must say that I am suprised you quoted this one. All Romeo talked about all preseason was his special teams play earning him a chance for playing time last year and him earning a chance to play this preseason.I remember the tackle he made against Denver on the kickoff last year. He's always right there where the ball lands.

Frosty
09-11-2012, 12:46 PM
All of these posts are of terrible quality.

Here - use this next time you make a compendium of DimBulb's posts:

http://i45.tinypic.com/vs2pvq.jpg

BossChief
09-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Derrick Johnson was first team all pro last year and was a pro bowl starter after breaking the team record for tackles.

Inconsistent? Gimme a break.

A nose guard doesn't "line up over the center and guard"...he is a 0 technique meaning he lines up DIRECTLY over the center. If he lines up between the guard and center, that's a 3 technique and is known as a defensive tackle not a nose guard/nose tackle.

Calling Jalil Brown "the best gunner in the NFL" is stupid beyond belief.

Saying Bowe isn't consistent is equally as stupid. The guy had 1100 yards last year with the worst quarterback play in the league.

That about cover things?

Let me know if I missed anything.

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2012, 01:08 PM
I think DJ might have still been a little hurt and trying to do to much. But he wasn't the problem. The problem was Reeves. That guy made the defense worse by about 1000 to the 1000th power. I'm not saying we wouldve won, but if we had Routt AND Carr, not just Carr by himself, then it wouldve been a completely different game I think

The Bad Guy
09-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Thinking Dorsey has a lot to do with Hali's pass rushing success might be a Junior Siavii-esque reach on this board.

MrNightly
09-11-2012, 01:10 PM
dumbest post i've ever seen on CP.

Stick around ;)

The Bad Guy
09-11-2012, 01:10 PM
LAChief should stick to the NBA. The defense was a fucking trainwreck.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 01:11 PM
All you have to do is look at my sig for how retarded BB really is.

Way to go Pest. I know you were just waiting for you moment thinking to yourself, "Oh look, there's someone getting after Bob. Let me jump in and say something. Soon people will see how angry I am at this guy! I will draw as much attention to my list as possible!"

****ing pathetic man.

1. Brandon Siler is a better tackler than DJ.
2. Dexter McCluster is quicker than Jamaal Charles.
3. Dwayne Bowe doesn't do well against top CBs.
4. The Chiefs will open up 5-0.....going onto a 13-3 record for the 2012 season.


You know....

1. DJ did miss a tackle and play like shit. Siler would have looked just like him in coverage but probably wouldn't have missed the tackle even if he was hurt. I guess anyone with a brain probably reads that and says it's speculation?

2. McCluster is quicker than Charles. He is closer to Dante Hall than anyone since we had Hall. Berry said he was the toughest to cover the day after I said it. That is a fact. People say he said it to be nice. That is speculation. By the looks of things Berry meant it as McCluster had a bunch of catches int he new role.

3. Bowe doesn't do well against top corners. That's a fact. He didn't do much against Samuel or Grimes. Three catches for 53 yards and a drop? That's about what I expected. Let's look at last year.

100 yard games against Detroit, Minnesota, and Indianapolis. He played great against Chris Houston, Asher Allen, Powers and Routt. The best guy he beat last year was Routt.

TDs against San Diego, Indy, Minnesota, and Oakland. He beat old man Jammer for the first time...ever?, Chris Houston, Asher Allen, and Powers.

You can say what you want to but that is shit.

4. Yeah, I predicted 6-0 before the injuries. I chose to man up and stick with it. Maybe it was a mistake? I still believe we'll be good.

The Bad Guy
09-11-2012, 01:11 PM
All you have to do is look at my sig for how retarded BB really is.

He's like RoyR and Barry'sKoolaid wrapped up into one person.

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2012, 01:12 PM
LAChief should stick to the NBA. The defense was a fucking trainwreck.

Reeves is the Smush Parker of our defense

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Thats actually giving Smush too much credit

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Derrick Johnson was first team all pro last year and was a pro bowl starter after breaking the team record for tackles.

Inconsistent? Gimme a break.

He had a good year after several shitty years followed by a better than average year. Walt Harris was an all pro corner once to. DJ played like shit against the Falcons. Tackles are the most overrated stat. He had a good year without Berry....and maybe just maybe he cared a little more than usual after the benching.


A nose guard doesn't "line up over the center and guard"...he is a 0 technique meaning he lines up DIRECTLY over the center. If he lines up between the guard and center, that's a 3 technique and is known as a defensive tackle not a nose guard/nose tackle.

Bullshit. When there are 2 down linemen, he's called a NT. You are just making shit up now.

Calling Jalil Brown "the best gunner in the NFL" is stupid beyond belief.

Everyone on CP be sure to pay attention to Brown as a gunner this year and you'll see what I mean.

Saying Bowe isn't consistent is equally as stupid. The guy had 1100 yards last year with the worst quarterback play in the league.

You're nothing but a one trick stat pony. So did Chris Carter for years but, he made the plays when the Vikes needed it.

That about cover things?

Let me know if I missed anything.

You missed on Jalil Brown bad. I mean really bad... I am just going to sit on that.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Thinking Dorsey has a lot to do with Hali's pass rushing success might be a Junior Siavii-esque reach on this board.

In the 3-4 defense, the defensive end's job in pass rushing situations is to allow the OLB a one on one shot at getting to the QB on most plays. Check out the highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGuJbOz_TEo

Dorsey is right there most of the time.

BossChief
09-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Haha

I'm "making shit up"

You haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

A NT lines up directly over the center in our defense.

Serious question:

Do you even know what they call techniques by number?

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Haha

I'm "making shit up"

You haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

A NT lines up directly over the center in our defense.

Serious question:

Do you even know what they call techniques by number?

Out of everything I said this is all you got?


Our base 3-4 has the NT line up in the 0 tech. Not when there is two down linemen. You act like all we do is line up in the 0 technique. When Ray lines up in that 2 down linemen formation, he is playing a 1 Tech NT role similar to what Ratliff does in Dallas or Franklin used to do in San Francisco. You need a taller - sleaker type of NT for those formations to split the center and the guard and that's why we use Ray. Furthermore, any time you are talking about a 1 gap guy in the 3-4 or the 4-3 he's technically called a NT.

You should really read this. It will help you out.

0-Technique (3-4 NT) – Vince Wilfork

The 0-technique plays head-up over the center, and is responsible for defending both A-gaps (between the guards and the center). His job is to control the center, often draw a double team from a guard, and still be able to prevent the run from going right up the gut. That’s why traditional 3-4 NTs are monsters. Wilfork is listed at 325lbs, but he looks a lot bigger than that, and it’s his sheer size and strength that allows him to anchor inside and control multiple, smaller, blockers at the point of attack.
.
With various one-gap 3-4 systems around these days, you find players that play the 0 technique position, but instead of playing both A gaps, they’ll shoot one and rely on linebackers behind them to plug the other. These players rely on speed and athleticism off the ball rather than size and bulk. The Cowboys under Wade Phillips were fond of this type of defense and Jay Ratliff was particularly adept at disrupting plays in the backfield from his NT spot.
.
Alternative prototypes: Aubrayo Franklin, Paul Soliai, Sione Pouha
.
.

1-Technique (4-3 NT) – Pat Williams

The 1-technique does much the same as the 0-technique, except he is shaded over the inside shoulder of one of the guards, and is rarely expected to control two gaps. He is, however, expected to command a double team from the center and guard, which frees up other linemen to be one on one with their blockers. Pat Williams has been the prototype for this position for years. Williams was an immovable force in the middle for the Vikings and required two players to try and shift him from the point of attack, leaving Kevin Williams single-blocked by a guard, and allowing linebackers to run free to the ball and make stops close to the line of scrimmage. A good 1-technique DT can dramatically improve an entire run defense, because he makes several players’ jobs much easier.
.
Alternative prototypes: Haloti Ngata, Antonio Dixon, Colin Cole

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/08/12/defensive-line-techniques-the-prototypes/

BossChief
09-11-2012, 01:55 PM
:facepalm:

Did you even read the shit you just posted.

It says EXACTLY what I told you.

The part that is relevant to OUR DEFENSE (which is what I posted) is the part about Wilfork.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 01:56 PM
:facepalm:

Did you even read the shit you just posted.

It says EXACTLY what I told you.

The part that is relevant to OUR DEFENSE (which is what I posted) is the part about Wilfork.

Our base defense dumbass.

Ray is a NT like I said in the formation where we have two down linemen. You have been saying he was a DT for weeks. Do you understand that we run multiple formations and not just the 3-4? Don't try and twist this around. I took it for a while and you pushed it.

You look like a total dumbass and you had it coming. You just got schooled.

With various one-gap 3-4 systems around these days, you find players that play the 0 technique position, but instead of playing both A gaps, they’ll shoot one and rely on linebackers behind them to plug the other. These players rely on speed and athleticism off the ball rather than size and bulk. The Cowboys under Wade Phillips were fond of this type of defense and Jay Ratliff was particularly adept at disrupting plays in the backfield from his NT spot.

mcaj22
09-11-2012, 01:59 PM
who the fuck is "ray"

there is no one on this team named Ray

BossChief
09-11-2012, 02:00 PM
This guy is so clueless he makes my brain hurt.

BTW WTF is "Ray" and when did "ray" line up directly over the center in a sub package?

mcaj22
09-11-2012, 02:01 PM
lol he is just making up magical fake players on the Chiefs at this point in his world crazy bath salts world we have a NT named Ray

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 02:04 PM
This guy is so clueless he makes my brain hurt.

BTW WTF is "Ray" and when did "ray" line up directly over the center in a sub package?

Quit saying shit like that and say something real stat boy. I was talking about Pitoitua.

mcaj22
09-11-2012, 02:06 PM
no where in that guys name do you get fuckin Ray

BossChief
09-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Quit saying shit like that and say something real stat boy. I was talking about Pitoitua.

hahahaha

Go back to the coalition and take Lou Zare with you.

k thx bye

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah, this site was once known for its intellegence. You're killing me man. For some reason I don't think that was ever in the agenda from the beginning. LMAO

And as usual, you would be completely wrong.

Pestilence
09-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah....but I'm just piling on this guy. :rolleyes:

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 02:09 PM
no where in that guys name do you get ****in Ray

That's his nickname. That's what the players call him dude.

BossChief
09-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Have you guys read his shit on "the 4 tight end set"?

hahahaha

Shit is classic.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 02:10 PM
no where in that guys name do you get ****in Ray

I call him Ray. He has two last names.LMAO

mcaj22
09-11-2012, 02:13 PM
That's his nickname. That's what the players call him dude.

how do you know this exactly

are you like Dr Rick Marshall in Land of the Lost and hide in the locker room collecting rare Brandon Siler pee to cover yourself in?


that's how you know the chatter?

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Have you guys read his shit on "the 4 tight end set"?

hahahaha

Shit is classic.

Answer my post stat boy. Don't change the subject. Tell me more about Bowe the great and how shitty of a gunner Brown is.

I have talked about the 4 TE set here and it's just a theory. As for the 4 TE stuff, we have four TEs for a reason. We are capable of running a four TE singleback set. Like a 4 WR singleback set. It would be pretty sick with Hillis back there and I expect to see it.

We still have four TEs on the roster.

how do you know this exactly?

I was wrong. it's what I call him.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 02:13 PM
The Chiefs are #3 in the league in cash spending this year.

The only reason we have 26 million in cap space is because we rolled over 24 million from last year.


This really doesn't matter because regardless of how much they've spent or how much cash they have left, they haven't made prudent decisions.

There's a lack of secondary and linebacker depth and the Quarterback position is the worst in the league.

mcaj22
09-11-2012, 02:16 PM
do you give nicknames to every Chiefs player?

do you call Jaques Reeves, Jack?

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 02:16 PM
This really doesn't matter because regardless of how much they've spent or how much cash they have left, they haven't made prudent decisions.

There's a lack of secondary and linebacker depth and the Quarterback position is the worst in the league.

Yes.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 02:17 PM
This really doesn't matter because regardless of how much they've spent or how much cash they have left, they haven't made prudent decisions.

There's a lack of secondary and linebacker depth and the Quarterback position is the worst in the league.

I disagree. The linebacker depth is pretty good. Studebaker and Siler are solid. Andy's not really a pass rusher but is a good all around player. Same with Siler. Brown, Elam, and Daniels provide good depth imo.

I'm not really sure what you expect? No one can replace five guys on defense in one week.

Also, can we roll the money over again?

BossChief
09-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Answer my post stat boy. Don't change the subject. Tell me more about Bowe the great and how shitty of a gunner Brown is.

I have talked about the 4 TE set here and it's just a theory. As for the 4 TE stuff, we have four TEs for a reason. We are capable of running a four TE singleback set. Like a 4 WR singleback set. It would be pretty sick with Hillis back there and I expect to see it.

We still have four TEs on the roster.



I was wrong. it's what I call him.

This whole entire post is garbage.

Take it and the rest of them back to the Coalition, please.

When you get there, tell OC, BroncoStud and Jacavecious to post over here.

BYE

Von Dumbass
09-11-2012, 02:18 PM
This really doesn't matter because regardless of how much they've spent or how much cash they have left, they haven't made prudent decisions.

There's a lack of secondary and linebacker depth and the Quarterback position is the worst in the league.

Yep, just look at Denver. DJ Williams is suspended and they just plug in Wesley Woodyard who goes on to lead the team in tackles.

Ty Warren goes down and they have Derek Wolfe, Justin Bannan, and Kevin Vickerson.

Jason Hunter goes down and they plug in Robert Ayers and Wolfe.

Chris Kuper goes down and they plug in Manny Ramirez.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 02:18 PM
do you give nicknames to every Chiefs player?

do you call Jaques Reeves, Jack?

I call him Jock and he's my favorite....

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 02:19 PM
This whole entire post is garbage.

Take it and the rest of them back to the Coalition, please.

When you get there, tell OC, BroncoStud and Jacavecious to post over here.

BYE

**** you question dodger. You got nothing and the same thing happened to you there.

Bosschief = full of shit

You and your little cronies can suck my cock.

BossChief
09-11-2012, 02:23 PM
This really doesn't matter because regardless of how much they've spent or how much cash they have left, they haven't made prudent decisions.

There's a lack of secondary and linebacker depth and the Quarterback position is the worst in the league.

That's moving the goalposts.

If we are #3 in spending in the league and have the highest paid GM in the NFL, its foolish to call the owner cheap.

Also, if they haven't made prudent decisions...how do you think this is a 12-4 roster EVEN WITH MATT CASSEL?

Pioli took over a 2 win team that had won 6 games in the previous 2 years.

Combined.

I think the Atlanta loss (that I do put on the injuries and Halis suspension) has warped a lot of the perception of this team.

Even by the best posters.

DeezNutz
09-11-2012, 02:23 PM
If we run a 4 TE set, I want RAC and Pioli executed immediately after the game on the 50.

DeezNutz
09-11-2012, 02:24 PM
That's moving the goalposts.

If we are #3 in spending in the league and have the highest paid GM in the NFL, its foolish to call the owner cheap.

Also, if they haven't made prudent decisions...how do you think this is a 12-4 roster EVEN WITH MATT CASSEL?

Pioli took over a 2 win team that had won 6 games in the previous 2 years.

Combined.

I think the Atlanta loss (that I do put on the injuries and Halis suspension) has warped a lot of the perception of this team.

Even by the best posters.

12-4? Is that Dane's prediction for this year?

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 02:25 PM
If we run a 4 TE set, I want RAC and Pioli executed immediately after the game on the 50.

I thought it might have been a good thing to try on Atlanta since they lined up in the nickel all day. It could be effective on running plays. I bet we see it.

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2012, 02:26 PM
If we run a 4 TE set, I want RAC and Pioli executed immediately after the game on the 50.

Patriot way bro. Belicheck has 4 or 5 TEs. Wave of the future dude

Omaha
09-11-2012, 02:26 PM
How many times does it have to be said


IF we kept Brandon Carr then we wouldn't of sign Routt


Reeves still would of been on the field and he was the problem, not Routt.



think people

Dude. Throw away your 'O' and 'F' keys. You are killing me with all of the "would OF" "Could OF" bullshit. You HAVE to know better. Please make it stop.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 02:27 PM
12-4? Is that Dane's prediction for this year?

was mine.... I have a feeling I am going to get pwned...

BossChief
09-11-2012, 02:27 PM
**** you question dodger. You got nothing and the same thing happened to you there.

Bosschief = full of shit

You and your little cronies can suck my cock.

What question did I dodge, jackoff?

BTW what "happened to me there"?

I got banned because I called 2 of the mods out...herds of Coalition posters have "followed me here" since they banned me...unfortunately.

Most of them can go back with haste.

Me and Bone are cool, though.

Marcellus
09-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Dude. Throw away your 'O' and 'F' keys. You are killing me with all of the "would OF" "Could OF" bullshit. You HAVE to know better. Please make it stop.

So you are saying he is wrong?

Hell, if we had signed Carr and Routt people would have been flipping out over spending too much $ on the CB position when we have other needs.

I don't doubt that one bit.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Wait I thought BossChief and BlackBob were tight peeps?

I detect a little rift in the romance?

DeezNutz
09-11-2012, 02:30 PM
was mine.... I have a feeling I am going to get pwned...

Yeah, there's no way this team is winning 12 games. However, we'll probably circle the wagons and ensure mediocrity, KC style.

7-9 or 8-8.

Pestilence
09-11-2012, 02:30 PM
So you are saying he is wrong?

Hell, if we had signed Carr and Routt people would have been flipping out over spending too much $ on the CB position when we have other needs.

I don't doubt that one bit.

What other needs? If they would have signed Carr and Routt....they would have completely shored up the secondary. The only position that they didn't do anything about was QB and we've been bitching about that for years.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah, there's no way this team is winning 12 games. However, we'll probably circle the wagons and ensure mediocrity, KC style.

7-9 or 8-8.

Way to piss in my oatmeal Deez....

:huh:

Thanks for pulling the plug on my homervision...

Omaha
09-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Other than Bone & BlackBob, where are all of these people?

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 02:31 PM
That's moving the goalposts.

If we are #3 in spending in the league and have the highest paid GM in the NFL, its foolish to call the owner cheap.

Also, if they haven't made prudent decisions...how do you think this is a 12-4 roster EVEN WITH MATT CASSEL?

Pioli took over a 2 win team that had won 6 games in the previous 2 years.

Combined.

I think the Atlanta loss (that I do put on the injuries and Halis suspension) has warped a lot of the perception of this team.

Even by the best posters.

Whoa. Did you even READ what I posted?

:facepalm:

This really doesn't matter because regardless of how much they've spent or how much cash they have left, they haven't made prudent decisions.

There's a lack of secondary and linebacker depth and the Quarterback position is the worst in the league.

Where did I say the owner was cheap?

Pestilence
09-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Other than Bone & BlackBob, where are all of these people?

Big Smoke is another Coalition member that can head the fuck back. He can take Black Bob with him.

LOCOChief
09-11-2012, 02:33 PM
**** you question dodger. You got nothing and the same thing happened to you there.

Bosschief = full of shit

You and your little cronies can suck my cock.

LMAO I like you BB, your takes are fresh and this place needed it.

Marcellus
09-11-2012, 02:33 PM
What other needs? If they would have signed Carr and Routt....they would have completely shored up the secondary. The only position that they didn't do anything about was QB and we've been bitching about that for years.

S, NT,OL,QB? Hell I don't know I am just saying it would have happened.

Since when does actual common sense ever play a part in CP? There is a 110 post thread about Sheffield getting released. A guy who has never done a thing in the NFL.

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2012, 02:33 PM
I was wrong. it's what I call him.

Just weird man

KCUnited
09-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Start of training camp poll, only 9 people had the Chiefs winning 12 or more games.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 02:37 PM
What question did I dodge, jackoff?

BTW what "happened to me there"?

I got banned because I called 2 of the mods out...herds of Coalition posters have "followed me here" since they banned me...unfortunately.

Most of them can go back with haste.

Me and Bone are cool, though.

You are such an asshole man and you really don't even know it. You have no clue. People followed you here? LMAO

Dodge or don't dodge. I don't care. Just don't go starting a bunch of shit you aren't going to finish. I know there are people that don't like me here because I was mean to them over there for doing this very sort of thing.

"It's like when I first got here you PM'd me saying to go slow and get my feet wet. You don't know what you are doing."

It's pretty obvious that you think you are "the shit" and have some sort of fantastic following or something. It's pretty lame if you think about it. The way you act like you are above everyone else.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Whoa. Did you even READ what I posted?

:facepalm:

Where did I say the owner was cheap?

No, he doesn't do that. He has his head stuck up his ass and only listens to himself.

BossChief
09-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Wait I thought BossChief and BlackBob were tight peeps?

what made you think that?
Yeah, there's no way this team is winning 12 games. However, we'll probably circle the wagons and ensure mediocrity, KC style.

7-9 or 8-8.
I see anywhere between 9 and 11 wins depending on how healthy and lucky we are.
Other than Bone & BlackBob, where are all of these people?You're cool, too bro.

Whats up with your brother?

Tell that MoFo to stop by sometime.

Whoa. Did you even READ what I posted?

:facepalm:



Where did I say the owner was cheap?
I should have clarified who that post was directed at.

He knows, though.

But now that you mention it, don't you think Clark is cheap?

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 02:41 PM
LMAO I like you BB, your takes are fresh and this place needed it.

Thanks. You aren't the only one and I appreciate all the love from everyone. I will take my lumps but every once in a while the sun does shine on a dog's ass.

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 02:42 PM
LMAO I like you BB, your takes are fresh and this place needed it.

same here, overall he's more Positive than most here.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 02:44 PM
But now that you mention it, don't you think Clark is cheap?

Cheap? Hell yes! I don't give a flying fuck about the "Salary Cap". He's unwilling to shell out GUARANTEED MONEY, which is what Free Agency is all about.

BossChief
09-11-2012, 02:44 PM
You are such an asshole man and you really don't even know it. You have no clue. People followed you here? LMAO

Dodge or don't dodge. I don't care. Just don't go starting a bunch of shit you aren't going to finish. I know there are people that don't like me here because I was mean to them over there for doing this very sort of thing.

"It's like when I first got here you PM'd me saying to go slow and get my feet wet. You don't know what you are doing."

It's pretty obvious that you think you are "the shit" and have some sort of fantastic following or something. It's pretty lame if you think about it. The way you act like you are above everyone else.

I tried to help your dumb ass.

I even told you to start that thread that got some people to like you...but apparently, that didn't stop you from pushing the pedal to the medal on the dumbassery.

Proceed with making a fool of yourself, though.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 02:47 PM
I tried to help your dumb ass.

I even told you to start that thread that got some people to like you...but apparently, that didn't stop you from pushing the pedal to the medal on the dumbassery.

Proceed with making a fool of yourself, though.

Alright, I accept your apology. :thumb:

BossChief
09-11-2012, 03:02 PM
ROFL

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 03:05 PM
hey BC and Mugsy (Black Bob)
isn't it nice to after each other and not get banned?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-11-2012, 03:33 PM
That long kick return by Jaquizz Rodgers was hard for me. 'Quizz is one of my all-time favorite OS Beavers, so I want him to do well in the NFL. Part of me was thinking "Go Quizz!, go!" and part of me was :facepalm: at the Chiefs' coverage.

If you need a big return just juggle it when you pick it up. Heh, seems to always lead to a big one.

TEX
09-11-2012, 03:42 PM
The Chiefs can't play with teams with good QB's. That's why they're going nowhere. The game went how I expected it to go. If the Chiefs are going to play "Ball Control" they MUST have a good defense and good special teams. They don't. Once they get behind by a few scores, our less than stellar QB presses and it's game over. Rinse repeat...

Marcellus
09-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Cheap? Hell yes! I don't give a flying **** about the "Salary Cap". He's unwilling to shell out GUARANTEED MONEY, which is what Free Agency is all about.

But yet we are 3rd in actually spending $ this year? That fact is directly in conflict with being too cheap or not willing to pay guaranteed $.

The problem is the bad decisions being made with which personnel to draft or pay are way more of an issue than any perceived cheapness.

keg in kc
09-11-2012, 04:03 PM
I didn't expect to win the game with a fully healthy starting defense, so I feel like it would be overreacting to get too bent out of shape over the results. I actually thought there were some things to be optimistic about on the offensive side of the ball. I expected them to trip all over themselves in the first game, and they actually scored a respectable amount of points. That may bode well for the season. Daboll needs to continue to work on getting a handle on his players' strengths and weaknesses (which you really can't do until you're facing live fire, so to speak), and I think if he can do that we may see some good things out of this unit, even with Cassel behind center. Obvious things to work on would be run-pass mix, working on mismatches, watching the 'cute' playcalls, and of course getting the most out of Cassel without the kind of play we saw on the 2nd INT.

The bigger question to me remains the defense, which I expect would have struggled against a team as loaded as the Falcons are even with everyone healthy and on the field. It just would have been a closer game, I think, with some actual punts, but one we might have been in a better position to compete for four quarters, or even win.

Either way, the game hasn't changed my expectations for the season in any way. I never had it down as a win, and certainly not with so many players on the sidelines.

On to week 2.

htismaqe
09-11-2012, 04:05 PM
The bigger question to me remains the defense, which I expect would have struggled against a team as loaded as the Falcons are even with everyone healthy and on the field. It just would have been a closer game, I think, with some actual punts, but one we might have been in a better position to compete for four quarters, or even win.

This is my issue.

I didn't expect to stop them every time even with Flowers and Hali.

But I expected us to at least stop them ONCE, even without them.

It wasn't that the defense was bad - it was that it was completely non-competitive.

Dave Lane
09-11-2012, 04:06 PM
well in DJ's defense he's the only LBer on this team that can even attempt or try to pass cover so if he's outmatched and gets beat, then he gets beat. Nobody else can do what he does and we are going to sink or swim with DJ based on how he performs in the middle zone on passing downs.

Sometimes he gets an interception or makes a play, and sometimes he gets beat like a drum. He's not Patrick Willis were he can match up on anyone over the middle.

And DJ was banged up.

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 04:10 PM
It wasn't that the defense was bad - it was that it was completely non-competitive.

just going through the motions was what i saw.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 04:10 PM
But yet we are 3rd in actually spending $ this year? That fact is directly in conflict with being too cheap or not willing to pay guaranteed $.


http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/20092780/which-nfl-teams-are-throwing-the-most-cash-around-not-who-you-think

Not according to this article.

whoman69
09-11-2012, 04:14 PM
With the rules as they are, just about every good team will be loaded on offense. The fact that our D, hurt as they were, could not get a stop at all until well into the second half is a very bad sign. Its made worse by the fact that our defense was supposed to be our strength. Players are hurt all the time. You can't use that as an excuse. The Pack had more than a dozen players on IR when they won the SB.

I am done with the days of high expectations. I am going to set the bar low going forward for the Chiefs and go from there. I will keep setting the bar low as long as Clark Hunt owns the team.

New World Order
09-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Fair enough man. When I was speaking about Cassel, I wasn't directing it at you specifically. I agree that it would have been worse without DJ. I'm just saying we gotta find more players we can lean on. I think this is becoming a real problem. DJ is not a leader and it's time to quit expecting him to be.



Dj led the team in tackles for the game, what did Pioli's secondary players do?

TEX
09-11-2012, 04:50 PM
With the rules as they are, just about every good team will be loaded on offense. The fact that our D, hurt as they were, could not get a stop at all until well into the second half is a very bad sign. Its made worse by the fact that our defense was supposed to be our strength. Players are hurt all the time. You can't use that as an excuse. The Pack had more than a dozen players on IR when they won the SB.

I am done with the days of high expectations. I am going to set the bar low going forward for the Chiefs and go from there. I will keep setting the bar low as long as Clark Hunt owns the team.

The signs were all there in preseason. So often with this team a problem area in preseason, lingers through ther regular season. Yeah - we were vanilla on defense, BUT our guys were getting beat by everyone ans losing the individual battles from week 2 on. NO WAY they're going to be able to turn it on now that the regular season is here. I don't understand how many say we're deep. Maybe so, but we damn sure don't have quality depth...again.

TEX
09-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Start of training camp poll, only 9 people had the Chiefs winning 12 or more games.

I had them winning 9.

O.city
09-11-2012, 04:53 PM
How many teams in the nfl have a 5 th cb who could effectively handle Julio jones?

O.city
09-11-2012, 04:55 PM
With the rules as they are, just about every good team will be loaded on offense. The fact that our D, hurt as they were, could not get a stop at all until well into the second half is a very bad sign. Its made worse by the fact that our defense was supposed to be our strength. Players are hurt all the time. You can't use that as an excuse. The Pack had more than a dozen players on IR when they won the SB.

I am done with the days of high expectations. I am going to set the bar low going forward for the Chiefs and go from there. I will keep setting the bar low as long as Clark Hunt owns the team.

How man all pros were the pack missing?

TEX
09-11-2012, 04:55 PM
This really doesn't matter because regardless of how much they've spent or how much cash they have left, they haven't made prudent decisions.

There's a lack of secondary and linebacker depth and the Quarterback position is the worst in the league.

Yep. Tha "Patriot Way" doesn't work unless you have a top 5 QB to make up for short comings.

Marcellus
09-11-2012, 04:57 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/20092780/which-nfl-teams-are-throwing-the-most-cash-around-not-who-you-think

Not according to this article.

I am not sure how these things are being calculated. But they keep referring to cap $ and spending over the cap etc....

Here is a link showing what players are actually making this year and KC appears to be near the top including paying more than Buffalo this season.

I wonder if the amounts are less signing bonus $? The cap $ are different than their salaries (higher) so that may be it.

http://www.sportscity.com/nfl-salaries/

That being said I don't see how you can say KC is cheap comparing them to the other teams looking at this list.

boogblaster
09-11-2012, 05:00 PM
secondary is hurt .. linebackers .. do we have any .. QB did someone say QB ... plus ya have to pressure the QB .. its a WR league ya have to pressure the QB .....

JASONSAUTO
09-11-2012, 05:04 PM
If we run a 4 TE set, I want RAC and Pioli executed immediately after the game on the 50.

This. bob knob might say the most ignorant shit of anyone here.

even worse than lachieffan and he's trying to be ignorant (I hope)
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
09-11-2012, 05:07 PM
secondary is hurt .. linebackers .. do we have any .. QB did someone say QB ... plus ya have to pressure the QB .. its a WR league ya have to pressure the QB .....

Don't give a shit about injuries. No excuse since everyone will have them.

This was supposed to be a top-10 D going into the season, so it's imperative that the unit be held to this standard.

Cassel? Fuck it. We know he sucks and that Pioli is dumb as fuck.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 05:09 PM
I am not sure how these things are being calculated. But they keep referring to cap $ and spending over the cap etc....

Here is a link showing what players are actually making this year and KC appears to be near the top including paying more than Buffalo this season.

I wonder if the amounts are less signing bonus $? The cap $ are different than their salaries (higher) so that may be it.

http://www.sportscity.com/nfl-salaries/

That being said I don't see how you can say KC is cheap comparing them to the other teams looking at this list.

They're "cheap" because they failed to sign their own or other team's high dollar free agents. That takes upfront guaranteed money that's spread over the cap, something Clark Hunt has shown he's unwilling to do as of late.

Starting in 2014, every team is required to spend 99% of the cap. What will be the excuse then?

JASONSAUTO
09-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Don't give a shit about injuries. No excuse since everyone will have them.

This was supposed to be a top-10 D going into the season, so it's imperative that the unit be held to this standard.

Cassel? Fuck it. We know he sucks and that Pioli is dumb as fuck.
Everyone WILL have them, most aren't hit as hard week one. They should even out through the year. We should have games where we are healthy and other teams are beat up
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
09-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Isn't it just cash cap or something that they have to spend?

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Isn't it just cash cap or something that they have to spend?

If the Salary Cap is $120 million dollars, every team will be required to spend at least $118,800 dollars.

No more "$26 million" under the cap bullshit.

Marcellus
09-11-2012, 05:15 PM
They're "cheap" because they failed to sign their own or other team's high dollar free agents. That takes upfront guaranteed money that's spread over the cap, something Clark Hunt has shown he's unwilling to do as of late.

Starting in 2014, every team is required to spend 99% of the cap. What will be the excuse then?

I don't think $ is an excuse. Its not the lack of $ spent its where it has been spent.

Yea Bowe still needs signed and Carr could have been shown the combo to the bank vault but they did resign JC, Hali, and DJ so you can't say none of the $ is going toward their own young FA players.This is a young team built through the draft before Pioli and since for the most part.

Dorsey, Jackson, and Cassel are making bank. That's bad decision making.

I think Pioli is in over his head and is the issue but guess what, he is also the highest paid GM in the leauge according to sources so once again its not the lack of spending $ its the wrong person to spend that $ on again.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't think $ is an excuse. Its not the lack of $ spent its where it has been spent.

Yea Bowe still needs signed and Carr could have been shown the combo to the bank vault but they did resign JC, Hali, ad DJ so you can't say none of the $ is going toward their own young FA players.This is a young team built through the draft before Pioli and since for the most part.

Dorsey, Jackson, and Cassel are making bank. That's bad decision making.

I think Pioli is in over his head and is the issue but guess what, he is also the highest paid GM in the leauge according to sources so once again its not the lack of spending $ its the wrong person to spend that $ on again.

There's bad decision making for sure, and I mentioned that long before you responded to me.

Hunt is still cheap. I don't care what he did in 2010 or 2011 to lock up his own players: I care about what he continues to do each and every year, including 2012 and beyond.

Either Hunt is getting bad advice from Cannoli or he just doesn't want to field a competitive team.

DeezNutz
09-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Everyone WILL have them, most aren't hit as hard week one. They should even out through the year. We should have games where we are healthy and other teams are beat up
Posted via Mobile Device

The complete lack of a rush without Hali is pretty damning, considering the amount of resources poured into the line.

And I don't want to read any bullshit (not talking about you) about the "role" of a 3-4 DE. Yeah, I know. Occupy multiple blockers. Note the plural. Problem? Our guys get blocked. Period. They don't force adjustments or compensation.

One of the biggest myths: Pioli drafts well; he's a complete ****ing clown. Early-90s Carl laughs at his sorry ass.

JASONSAUTO
09-11-2012, 05:19 PM
I agree about the piss rush.


(purpose, that's what it was)
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 05:19 PM
One of the biggest myths: Pioli drafts well; he's a complete ****ing clown. Early-90s Carl laughs at his sorry ass.

i agree.
it's been said way too many times but the best players on this roster were drafted by Herm and Carl.

Marcellus
09-11-2012, 05:22 PM
I think 1 game may be a bit early to call this whole thing a bust. I honestly don't want to hear about preseason either.

We were 5th in the league against the pass last year. That's over 16 games. Granted playing Tebow 2x probably helped those numbers since we only played 14 games against teams with an actual QB.

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 05:23 PM
I think 1 game may be a bit early to call this whole thing a bust. I honestly don't want to hear about preseason either.

We were 5th in the league against the pass last year. That's over 16 games. Granted playing Tebow 2x probably helped those numbers since we only played 14 games against teams with an actual QB.

Haney (Bears) was terrible as well.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Dj led the team in tackles for the game, what did Pioli's secondary players do?

Because he was tackling the guy he was covering after they caught the pass. That was five out of his seven tackles right there.

Any way you look at it guys, DJ deserves the critcism. So what if he was hurt? Belcher was hurt and he played well.

O.city
09-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I think 1 game may be a bit early to call this whole thing a bust. I honestly don't want to hear about preseason either.

We were 5th in the league against the pass last year. That's over 16 games. Granted playing Tebow 2x probably helped those numbers since we only played 14 games against teams with an actual QB.

Look at the qb's we played last year.


Mcnabb, Hanie, Tebowx2, Gradkowski, whoever the shitty Colts ran out there.


We got lucky to win 7 games last year, because our defense played pretty good against shitty qb's and beat one good one.

O.city
09-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Don't give a shit about injuries. No excuse since everyone will have them.

This was supposed to be a top-10 D going into the season, so it's imperative that the unit be held to this standard.

Cassel? **** it. We know he sucks and that Pioli is dumb as ****.

Pats are a SB contender, Brady goes down you don't want to hear about it?


Injuries happen, sure, but consistently to your best players not so much. When your best player is your qb, yeah you can have injuries. When your qb needs guys around him or you are missing half your starting defense, it's gonna be a pain.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Pats are a SB contender, Brady goes down you don't want to hear about it?


Injuries happen, sure, but consistently to your best players not so much. When your best player is your qb, yeah you can have injuries. When your qb needs guys around him or you are missing half your starting defense, it's gonna be a pain.

Didn't seem to bother the 2010 Packers much

DeezNutz
09-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Pats are a SB contender, Brady goes down you don't want to hear about it?


Injuries happen, sure, but consistently to your best players not so much. When your best player is your qb, yeah you can have injuries. When your qb needs guys around him or you are missing half your starting defense, it's gonna be a pain.

The bold contradicts your first question.

Is Hali going to put this team on his back and lead them to the playoffs? The Chiefs begin and end with Tamba Hali?

Similarly, Flowers is very, very good. He's not elite. He's a notch below this.

In short, this team is talented but not deep. Pioli has drafted OK, at best, and Cassel is a clown.

The thing that I'm most hopeful for is the Patriot Way to get flushed.

O.city
09-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Didn't seem to bother the 2010 Packers much

How many all pros did they lose?

O.city
09-11-2012, 08:57 PM
The bold contradicts your first question.

Is Hali going to put this team on his back and lead them to the playoffs? The Chiefs begin and end with Tamba Hali?

Similarly, Flowers is very, very good. He's not elite. He's a notch below this.

In short, this team is talented but not deep. Pioli has drafted OK, at best, and Cassel is a clown.

The thing that I'm most hopeful for is the Patriot Way to get flushed.

It's probably going to end up getting flushed.

I just know that I don't want to go thru another rebuild.

BigRock
09-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Starting in 2014, every team is required to spend 99% of the cap. What will be the excuse then?

If the Salary Cap is $120 million dollars, every team will be required to spend at least $118,800 dollars.

No more "$26 million" under the cap bullshit.

Actually, starting in 2013, teams have to spend 89% of the cap. If the cap remains at $120M, teams will have to spend about $107 million.

But this is now measured in actual cash going into players' pockets. Cap space is irrelevant. The cap is so easily manipulated that the new CBA no longer uses cap space as it's measure of spending. A team's cap space has always been meaningless when talking about what they're actually spending, and that's even more true now with the ability to rollover unused space.

For 2011, after extending guys like Hali and Flowers, the Chiefs' spending for the year was reportedly around $140 million. The cap was $120M. So the team spent around 120% of the cap, well over the 89% minimum had it been in effect. But they still had near $20M in cap room. So spending well over 89% does not equate to "No more $20M under the cap bullshit".

And unless they start dumping salary, the 89% minimum won't impact the team at all. They could actually spend less and still be over it.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 09:06 PM
How many all pros did they lose?

WTF? I hate Chiefs fans like you because you're so fucking insular and unaware of league news

The 2010 Packers had 15 guys on injured reserve including Jermichael Finley, Nick Barnett, Ryan Grant and Mark Tausher.

O.city
09-11-2012, 09:09 PM
They were able to make up for those losses, because they had a qb who was epic in the playoffs.

If we had a qb who could do that, these injuries wouldn't matter. For most teams however, injuries to your better players are gonna hurt alot.


I don't want to beat the "qb deadhorse" but really until we get one it doesn't matter.

mcaj22
09-11-2012, 09:09 PM
we are still going to be 20 million under the cap next season

all the bonus money spending and roster bonuses that dont count in base salary count in salary spending. So lol at our crap FO for getting away with giving guys like Tyson Jackson 14 million dollar contract hits next season so they dont have to do much else since they already front loaded guys like that in house to take part of the hit of the 90 percent spending that is in effect for next season

aka

Fuck Fat Scott

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 09:21 PM
But this is now measured in actual cash going into players' pockets. Cap space is irrelevant. The cap is so easily manipulated that the new CBA no longer uses cap space as it's measure of spending. A team's cap space has always been meaningless when talking about what they're actually spending, and that's even more true now with the ability to rollover unused space.

The Salary Cap has always been irrelevant. It's more of a salary guide.

The roll over, IIRC, was a one time deal only. As far as I know, teams can't roll over their cap savings from year to year.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 09:22 PM
They were able to make up for those losses, because they had a qb who was epic in the playoffs.



Way to move the goalposts

:rolleyes:

O.city
09-11-2012, 09:25 PM
I said that in my original post.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 09:28 PM
I said that in my original post.

No, you didn't.

Furthermore, bitching about injuries is stupid. There isn't a team in the NFL that isn't faced with injuries week in and week out. The Giants lost their first game of the season last year, lost quite a few guys to injuries throughout the season, yet won the Super Bowl.

Build a great roster and injuries won't matter much.

O.city
09-11-2012, 09:39 PM
No, you didn't.

Furthermore, bitching about injuries is stupid. There isn't a team in the NFL that isn't faced with injuries week in and week out. The Giants lost their first game of the season last year, lost quite a few guys to injuries throughout the season, yet won the Super Bowl.

Build a great roster and injuries won't matter much.

The Giants also got healthy when playoff time rolled around.

Yes, you need a great roster, but you also need your stars to be healthy.

BigRock
09-11-2012, 10:20 PM
The roll over, IIRC, was a one time deal only. As far as I know, teams can't roll over their cap savings from year to year.

I think the ability to rollover lasts through the duration of the CBA, but that's just going off memory.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 10:45 PM
I think the ability to rollover lasts through the duration of the CBA, but that's just going off memory.

Very, very interesting. Thanks for the info!

Omaha
09-11-2012, 11:08 PM
So you are saying he is wrong?

Hell, if we had signed Carr and Routt people would have been flipping out over spending too much $ on the CB position when we have other needs.

I don't doubt that one bit.

ROFL You totally didn't get my point.

Omaha
09-11-2012, 11:13 PM
You're cool, too bro.

Whats up with your brother?

Tell that MoFo to stop by sometime.



Thanks. He became a daddy and has way less time for this, but he said he'd check this place out. I'll hit him up again.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 11:13 PM
So you are saying he is wrong?

Hell, if we had signed Carr and Routt people would have been flipping out over spending too much $ on the CB position when we have other needs.

I don't doubt that one bit.

Dude, seriously - who gives a fuck about what "people would say".

Most people are fucking clueless.

aturnis
09-11-2012, 11:27 PM
No, you didn't.

Furthermore, bitching about injuries is stupid. There isn't a team in the NFL that isn't faced with injuries week in and week out. The Giants lost their first game of the season last year, lost quite a few guys to injuries throughout the season, yet won the Super Bowl.

Build a great roster and injuries won't matter much.

The Giants stumbled through the regular season... So essentially, what you're saying is, the Chiefs can take shellacings like this, and it means nothing as long as they squeak into the playoffs and compete once there...

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 11:30 PM
The Giants stumbled through the regular season... So essentially, what you're saying is, the Chiefs can take shellacings like this, and it means nothing as long as they squeak into the playoffs and compete once there...

Pretty much

aturnis
09-11-2012, 11:30 PM
I think the ability to rollover lasts through the duration of the CBA, but that's just going off memory.

It would make sense, as it benefits the players and their ability to "get" the money teams hoard year in and out.

aturnis
09-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Pretty much

So why is everyone criticizing Pioli so critically and bagging on O's for saying that a team with an elite QB can afford to sustain injuries?

True we have Cassel, and that is Pioli's fault, but that's not exactly what everyone is complaining about.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2012, 11:35 PM
So why is everyone criticizing Pioli so critically and bagging on O's for saying that a team with an elite QB can afford to sustain injuries?

True we have Cassel, and that is Pioli's fault, but that's not exactly what everyone is complaining about.

I can't keep up with people's complaints.

All I can say is that this team has enough talent to win 12 games and probably win a playoff game.

Whether they will or not is a totally different discussion.

htismaqe
09-12-2012, 06:36 AM
The Giants stumbled through the regular season... So essentially, what you're saying is, the Chiefs can take shellacings like this, and it means nothing as long as they squeak into the playoffs and compete once there...

The Giants have pass rushers. They underperformed much of the season but were lights out in the playoffs.

We don't have that potential on our team anywhere. We play a 2-gap 3-4. There's zero chance Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey are suddenly going to awaken in the playoffs and pressure the QB. Even if they had the ability, the scheme likely wouldn't ALLOW it.

And then of course there's the whole Eli Manning thing.

PLEASE people need to stop referring to the Giants. It's not EVER going to happen.

NJChiefsFan
09-13-2012, 02:55 AM
The Giants have pass rushers. They underperformed much of the season but were lights out in the playoffs.

We don't have that potential on our team anywhere. We play a 2-gap 3-4. There's zero chance Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey are suddenly going to awaken in the playoffs and pressure the QB. Even if they had the ability, the scheme likely wouldn't ALLOW it.

And then of course there's the whole Eli Manning thing.

PLEASE people need to stop referring to the Giants. It's not EVER going to happen.

Yeah. Eli plus timely defense and pass pressure got them through. That and certainly their fair share of luck, earned or not. Without the Tyree catch or the Welker drop Tommy Terrific has 2 more rings. That's sports though, hard to win it all without luck along the way. Or with a poor QB in your way.