PDA

View Full Version : Football AFCW: Week 2

Mile High Mania
09-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Week 1 is done... and I'm not sure we really know much more now than we did 7 days ago. I didn't watch the OAK/SD game, but it sounds like neither team was all that impressive. I was surprised that KC fell as hard as they did to ATL, but ATL is a good team... Denver impressed me, and while PIT was missing a few key people, it was a solid win. There are still serious concerns there for me though.

Broncos 1-0
Chargers 1-0
Chiefs 0-1
Raiders 0-1

Let's take a look at Week 2 and see if we can accurately project the winners. And, try not to vote with your hearts - let's try to be realistic, if we can. (polll coming soon)

Mile High Mania
09-11-2012, 11:01 AM
I projected OAK with the lone loss among AFCW teams this week. I think SD and KC have great shots at winning this week and I'm really torn to be honest on the DEN/ATL game. The location is a big test and they have 2 solid WRs and a great TE threat... the Steelers had fun with Denver's secondary and great success on 3rd down. It was too close for much of the game and the TOP difference could have killed Denver. I'm banking on a steady improvement in week 2 and another close win.

Bump
09-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Eric Berry is gonna be out for vengeance and I hope he gets it.

listopencil
09-11-2012, 11:04 AM
I projected OAK with the lone loss among AFCW teams this week. I think SD and KC have great shots at winning this week and I'm really torn to be honest on the DEN/ATL game. The location is a big test and they have 2 solid WRs and a great TE threat... the Steelers had fun with Denver's secondary and great success on 3rd down. It was too close for much of the game and the TOP difference could have killed Denver. I'm banking on a steady improvement in week 2 and another close win.

It's the TE that's worrisome. The middle of our D is weak against the pass.

Bump
09-11-2012, 11:04 AM
I think the AFC West wins out here.

HighChief
09-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Everyone wins except denver. Atl at home will be too much for them. SD takes early division lead

Mile High Mania
09-11-2012, 11:11 AM
It's the TE that's worrisome. The middle of our D is weak against the pass.

I do have secondary concerns against WRs like ATL... we have good players, but Bailey and Porter are risk takers at times and against younger guys, they need to account for the speed difference. Throw in a guy like Gonzo with out concerns in the middle... that "bend but don't break" flow can kill us.

Rain Man
09-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Nice poll format.

The Chargers looked better than I expected, and the Broncos looked better than I expected. I think I may have overrated the Raiders and the Chiefs based on Week 1. However, I expect the Chiefs to come back and go 15-0 the rest of the way.

vailpass
09-11-2012, 11:23 AM
A lot of people voting with their hearts.
Except Rain Man. He's cold and calculating.

Old Dog
09-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Everyone wins except denver. Atl at home will be too much for them. SD takes early division lead

That's my guess as well

Old Dog
09-11-2012, 11:27 AM
A lot of people voting with their hearts.
Three favorties and a 3 point road underdog that's getting back at least one if not two of their top defensive players. I don't know that's really voting with ones heart.

vailpass
09-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Three favorties and a 3 point road underdog that's getting back at least one if not two of their top defensive players. I don't know that's really voting with ones heart.

Then maybe I wasn't talking to you mister./ dad voice

Deberg_1990
09-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Bills 42 Chiefs 21

Many posts proclaiming the genius that is Chan Gailey.

vailpass
09-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Bills 42 Chiefs 21

Many posts proclaiming the genius that is Chan Gailey.

You think so? Bills are injured and reeling.

jd1020
09-11-2012, 11:47 AM
I think the people predicting the Bills to beat the Chiefs have gone off the deep end.

If the Chiefs can't beat the Bills, who just got torn apart by an offense that didn't score a TD in preseason til week 4 with its 3rd string QB, then the Chiefs are in for a world of hurt and they need more than just a QB.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2012, 11:51 AM
You think so? Bills are injured and reeling.

Maybe not blown out, but they will lose. Come on..its the Chiefs. I have zero expectations anymore. They don’t play well in Buffalo or on the road.

lcarus
09-11-2012, 11:54 AM

This is what I'm most looking forward to

InChiefsHell
09-11-2012, 11:55 AM
I think after the egg that was laid at Arrowhead and the need to get out of there, the Chiefs may very well be successful against the banged up Bills. I think the Chiefs win this one, but it'll be close.

Donks will win. Payton is God. (reverse mojo engaged)

Chargers win

Raiders win
Whole division victorious this weekend.

vailpass
09-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Maybe not blown out, but they will lose. Come on..its the Chiefs. I have zero expectations anymore. They don’t play well in Buffalo or on the road.

It may look like a cripple fight at QB but unless KC is several levels below what most thought they can't lose to Buff.

Hog Farmer

If KC can't beat Atlanta then Denver damn sure won't !

vailpass
I think after the egg that was laid at Arrowhead and the need to get out of there, the Chiefs may very well be successful against the banged up Bills. I think the Chiefs win this one, but it'll be close.

Donks will win. Payton is God. (reverse mojo engaged)

Chargers win

Raiders win
Whole division victorious this weekend.

Peyton is just feeling his way around, he's got a lot of adjusting to do. He hasn't played in a year and a half, he's going to lose some games this year and the Atlanta game could well be one of them.

suds79
09-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Flowers back? If so, I have hope.

If not, it'll be the same easy pickins we saw last week.

I think It's interesting because I'm sure each fanbase is coming into this game thinking "okay easier opponent. Chalk this one up as a W".

Somebody will be royally p!$$ed come Sunday evening.

DaWolf
09-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Oak and SD have pretty easy games.

Denver will win because Atlanta's D isn't that great and they just lost one of their corners for the year. Denver will give Matt Ryan more trouble than we did with their pass rush.

I have a feeling Flowers will be out again this week. Even if he plays, we are always horrible on the east coast, especially playing in New York. I don't remember ever winning out there...

Deberg_1990
09-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Flowers back? If so, I have hope.

If not, it'll be the same easy pickins we saw last week.

I think It's interesting because I'm sure each fanbase is coming into this game thinking "okay easier opponent. Chalk this one up as a W".

Somebody will be royally p!$$ed come Sunday evening.

I don’t see how any Chiefs fan can proclaim “Yea, Chiefs win this one” at this point in time? There are no “gimmee” games for this team. None. I don’t care how much “alleged” talent there is.

HemiEd
09-11-2012, 12:19 PM
LMAO I was 0-3 last week. Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers and Falcons this week.

suds79
09-11-2012, 12:23 PM
I don’t see how any Chiefs fan can proclaim “Yea, Chiefs win this one” at this point in time? There are no “gimmee” games for this team. None. I don’t care how much “alleged” talent there is.

Oh I agree and that makes sense... Still, look at the results. ;)

KCUnited
09-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Chiefs/Bills is a pick 'em. It's a fairly big game for KC, not just to redeem that fisting last Sunday, but this is our AFC East game which can separate us from Denver down the road as Denver has to go to NE for their AFC East game.

HemiEd
09-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Chiefs/Bills is a pick 'em. It's a fairly big game for KC, not just to redeem that fisting last Sunday, but this is our AFC East game which can separate us from Denver down the road as Denver has to go to NE for their AFC East game.

Can you imagine how much time the Talking Heads will be spending on that game? LMAO

Von Dumbass
09-11-2012, 12:38 PM

A lot of good that is going to do when the Chiefs get swept by Denver.

vailpass
09-11-2012, 12:40 PM

KC & Denver split almost every year. This year will be no different. Don't make me have to keep reversing the bad mojo you bring us with posts like this.

Von Dumbass
09-11-2012, 12:42 PM
KC & Denver split almost every year. This year will be no different. Don't make me have to keep reversing the bad mojo you bring us with posts like this.

LMAO

You guys and your reverse mojo.

KCUnited
09-11-2012, 12:54 PM

That very well could happen, I'm just saying KC needs to take advantage of the schedule differences. We get Buffalo on the road, Denver gets NE. We get Indy at home, Denver gets Houston at home.

RINGLEADER
09-11-2012, 01:00 PM

I don't even care if he draws a 15-yard penalty...

I want to see him lay Stevie out on his azz...

vailpass
09-11-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't even care if he draws a 15-yard penalty...

I want to see him lay Stevie out on his azz...

Then what? They retaliate and Berry is out for the year again?

Where does this madness end?

Molitoth
09-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Dolphins, Bills, Chargers, Falcons

mcaj22
09-11-2012, 01:43 PM
make sure you start CJ Spiller this week

he will win your fantasy matchups by himself when Career Day Defense pokes its ugly head out

Buck
09-11-2012, 01:52 PM
I can't see KC, OAK, or SD losing at all. I'm 50/50 on Denver. Went with Atlanta because they are at home.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2012, 01:59 PM
make sure you start CJ Spiller this week

he will win your fantasy matchups by himself when Career Day Defense pokes its ugly head out

Bank on it......or Fitz will go off.

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 02:02 PM
all wins except the Chiefs.
the Bills mauled the Chiefs at Arrowhead last season, this ones at the Bills.

lookout.
0 and 2 by sunday night..

mcaj22
09-11-2012, 02:04 PM
all wins except the Chiefs.
the Bills mauled the Chiefs at Arrowhead last season, this ones at the Bills.

lookout.
0 and 2 by sunday night..

this place will be in full meltdown mode by sunday night and i expect the mass threads of "throw the season for _______ college QB" to begin, and theres a lot of QB prospects to stink for this year too lol

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 02:14 PM
I think the people predicting the Bills to beat the Chiefs have gone off the deep end.

If the Chiefs can't beat the Bills, who just got torn apart by an offense that didn't score a TD in preseason til week 4 with its 3rd string QB, then the Chiefs are in for a world of hurt and they need more than just a QB.

by Sunday Night, we'll be a step ahead of you guys that think the Chiefs can go into Buffalo and get a W.

it's not Happening.

TEX
09-11-2012, 03:09 PM
I think 3 teams will be 1-1 and KC will be 0-2 next Sunday night. KC can fix whatever is wrong with Buffalo. The Chiefs can't play defense and Cassel blows. Not good.

TEX
09-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Week 1 is done... and I'm not sure we really know much more now than we did 7 days ago. I didn't watch the OAK/SD game, but it sounds like neither team was all that impressive. I was surprised that KC fell as hard as they did to ATL, but ATL is a good team... Denver impressed me, and while PIT was missing a few key people, it was a solid win. There are still serious concerns there for me though.

Broncos 1-0
Chargers 1-0
Chiefs 0-1
Raiders 0-1

Let's take a look at Week 2 and see if we can accurately project the winners. And, try not to vote with your hearts - let's try to be realistic, if we can. (polll coming soon)

Your passive aggressive smack trait is alive and well I see - especially now since you once again have a HOF QB and know you have an overwheming advantage over KC both at QB and team -wise. For the past several years it was missing. KC fell hard for the SAME reasons you "understood" how come Pittsburgh did...+ KC has Cassel. What's not to understand?

Rain Man
09-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Then what? They retaliate and Berry is out for the year again?

Where does this madness end?

With a crumpled Peyton Manning lying face down in the dirt.

vailpass
09-11-2012, 03:19 PM
With a crumpled Peyton Manning lying face down in the dirt.

You homo erotic devil.

Munson
09-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Raiders
Bills
Chargers
Falcons

Mile High Mania
09-11-2012, 03:44 PM

I can't tell if this is serious or not...

Your passive aggressive smack trait is alive and well I see - especially now since you once again have a HOF QB and know you have an overwheming advantage over KC both at QB and team -wise. For the past several years it was missing. KC fell hard for the SAME reasons you "understood" how come Pittsburgh did...+ KC has Cassel. What's not to understand?

There's no denying that I was a 'just watch the game with no general thoughts of anything special' kind of fan the last several years. Things picked up mentally with the playoff win last year and then the signing of Manning, there's no doubt about it.

I honestly think there are a lot of hurdles in front of the team - schedule, defense, other AFC teams that are "near the top of the mountain". A loss @ ATL wouldn't shock me at all - they're a hell of a good young team.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2012, 03:46 PM
I see everyone BUT KC winning.

Pioli!

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Faid
Chefs
Chargers
Falcons

vailpass
09-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Faid
Chefs
Chargers
Falcons

Serious or hating?

whoman69
09-11-2012, 04:26 PM
As bad as the Chiefs looked last week, the Bills looked worse on both sides of the ball.

vailpass
09-11-2012, 04:36 PM
As bad as the Chiefs looked last week, the Bills looked worse on both sides of the ball.

And came out of it more hurt than when they went in. KC loses to Buff they have problems. Real problems.

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 04:37 PM

i do not agree.
Spiller ran for 169 yards on like 14 carries.
and Fitz had three TD passes i think vs a great secondary.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2012, 04:47 PM
And came out of it more hurt than when they went in. KC loses to Buff they have problems. Real problems.

We got problems.

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 04:48 PM
We got problems.

confirmed.

vailpass
09-11-2012, 04:50 PM
We got problems.

And if you spank Buff they will all seem a million miles away.
Welcome to the season, aint it grand?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2012, 04:52 PM

No, they most certainly will not. I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is a freight train coming.

Discuss Thrower
09-11-2012, 04:56 PM

KC wins then it's just because Buffalo is a bad team.

The Chiefs will have to dominate Buffalo to get any credit. Im talking a 35-0 or worse beat down.

vailpass
09-11-2012, 05:04 PM
No, they most certainly will not. I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is a freight train coming.

Heh. I hear you.

How you livin' these days DCS? All good?

vailpass
09-11-2012, 05:04 PM
KC wins then it's just because Buffalo is a bad team.

The Chiefs will have to dominate Buffalo to get any credit. Im talking a 35-0 or worse beat down.

W=W=W

TEX
09-11-2012, 05:07 PM
We got problems.

Naw...once the REGULAR season begins, we'll be fine. We're just playiing vanilla cuz it's presea...

Most idiot fools (SNR BEING THE MAIN ONE) here actually believed that...

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Heh. I hear you.

How you livin' these days DCS? All good?

Things are good right now, thanks.:thumb:

vailpass
09-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Things are good right now, thanks.:thumb:

Glad to hear it. Keep your dick out of the dirt :thumb:

TEX
09-11-2012, 05:11 PM
I can't tell if this is serious or not...

There's no denying that I was a 'just watch the game with no general thoughts of anything special' kind of fan the last several years. Things picked up mentally with the playoff win last year and then the signing of Manning, there's no doubt about it.

I honestly think there are a lot of hurdles in front of the team - schedule, defense, other AFC teams that are "near the top of the mountain". A loss @ ATL wouldn't shock me at all - they're a hell of a good young team.

I here ya - just poking fun. I PRAY the dreaded DONX ARROGANCE doesn't return. However, for that to occur in full force, your lads would have to win the Super Bowl. THANK GOD for Baltimore, New England, and Houston! :thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Naw...once the REGULAR season begins, we'll be fine. We're just playiing vanilla cuz it's presea...

Most idiot fools (SNR BEING THE MAIN ONE) here actually believed that...

LMAO

Facts are facts. This is an elite QB-driven game. Period. The QB is your team leader. The heart and soul. Period.

We have a jackass and another jackass who believes in his pet jackass.

Period.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2012, 05:59 PM
WR Jacoby Ford probably done for the year, Raiders CB Ronald Bartell likely out at least a month with a broken left shoulder blade.

Denver Mike
09-11-2012, 05:59 PM

LMAO
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO

JoeyChuckles
09-11-2012, 06:08 PM
If we can play the bills as tough as last year, we will be fine.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm curious as to who's gonna be back this week besides obviously Hali.

Denver Mike
09-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Raiders are going to stomp the fins. Why? Miami is probably going to be the worst team in NFL history this year. Tannehill is going to bust, ruin his team.. and you'll see Miami picking another QB in the first next year.

Chargers are going to rock the Titans because Locker will do nothing against the San Diego D. And from what I saw against Oakland, I dont see CJ2K getting a whole lot of yards. Its going to come down to Rivers.. and Tennessee is gonna get smoked.

Chiefs are going to fall to Buffalo because its hilarious to see these boards when you guys are upset.

Denver is going to romp Atlanta. Homerism? No. I saw what Cassel was able to do to Atlanta's D when he was actually doing half decently.. Well Manning is miles and above 1000x the QB Cassel is.. Denver's gonna romp as well...

As for a proper Chiefs guestimate.

I wing it to em. At the end of the day its Cassel vs Fitzpatrick. And I see the man in red barley sniffing out the W in a hell of a snoozefest...

AFCW + 1

DeezNutz
09-11-2012, 06:23 PM

Pretty much.

Not sure how anyone can predict KC to win a road game.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Raiders are going to stomp the fins. Why? Miami is probably going to be the worst team in NFL history this year. Tannehill is going to bust, ruin his team.. and you'll see Miami picking another QB in the first next year.

Chargers are going to rock the Titans because Locker will do nothing against the San Diego D. And from what I saw against Oakland, I dont see CJ2K getting a whole lot of yards. Its going to come down to Rivers.. and Tennessee is gonna get smoked.

Chiefs are going to fall to Buffalo because its hilarious to see these boards when you guys are upset.

Denver is going to romp Atlanta. Homerism? No. I saw what Cassel was able to do to Atlanta's D when he was actually doing half decently.. Well Manning is miles and above 1000x the QB Cassel is.. Denver's gonna romp as well...

As for a proper Chiefs guestimate.

I wing it to em. At the end of the day its Cassel vs Fitzpatrick. And I see the man in red barley sniffing out the W in a hell of a snoozefest...

AFCW + 1

http://i.imgur.com/3eKxV.gif

Denver Mike
09-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Lol rooting for a depressing team of suck finally seep too deep into your brain there buddy boy? :thumb:

TEX
09-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Facts are facts. This is an elite QB-driven game. Period. The QB is your team leader. The heart and soul. Period.

We have a jackass and another jackass who believes in his pet jackass.

Period.

Very well said!

Bambi
09-11-2012, 07:19 PM
How on Earth have 68 people picked Kansas City to win on the road in Buffalo? That makes no sense.

BoneKrusher
09-11-2012, 07:22 PM
How on Earth have 68 people picked Kansas City to win on the road in Buffalo? That makes no sense.

beats Me, the Chiefs couldn't handle the Bills in Arrowhead last season, how they're expected to beat them in their house in way over my head.

Mile High Mania
09-11-2012, 10:36 PM
I fully expected more people to select ATL over DEN, but not a 40 vote margin... 71 ATL to 30 DEN right now, that's a wee bit outta whack, but it is what it is.

Discuss Thrower
09-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Last time KC won at Buffalo Reagan was president.

edit: anyone who needs a kick-me-down, look at KC's head to head page on profootballreference.. Yikes.

Aries Walker
09-12-2012, 01:25 AM
4 AFC West wins.

The only tough decision me was Broncos/Falcons. I figure it will come down to which defense can step up; the Falcons let slip 24 points to the Chiefs last week, while the Broncos sacked Big Ben five times. Edge: Broncos.

New World Order
09-12-2012, 02:25 AM
i do not agree.
Spiller ran for 169 yards on like 14 carries.
and Fitz had three TD passes i think vs a great secondary.

As long as fitz doesn't throw any INT's Buffalo will win the game

Von Dumbass
09-12-2012, 02:37 AM
The Falcons have serious issues defensively. They aren't going to be able to load up on
our running game. I think Denver's and ATL's offenses are comparable but Denver's defense gives them the edge.

Chocolate Hog
09-12-2012, 03:56 AM
Pretty much.

Not sure how anyone can predict KC to win a road game.

Because they won 4 last year?

Count Zarth
09-12-2012, 04:01 AM
Because they won 4 last year?

Signed,

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/12479.png&w=350&h=254

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/tim_tebow_sm.jpg

http://www.jrosports.com/wp-content/uploads/caleb-hanie.jpg

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/kyle_boller_sm.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
09-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Any news on the injury front yet?

Von Dumbass
09-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Denver is VERY familiar with the Falcons coaching staff.

The Falcons' HC, Mike Smith, was Del Rio's DC in Jacksonville for a few years.

The Falcons' OC. Dirk Koetter, was Del Rio's OC in Jacksonville, and was interviewed by Elway for our HC position the year we hired John Fox.

The Falcons' DC, Mike Nolan, was Denver's DC in 2009 and I think he used to be our LB coach in the 90's.

And John Fox coached against the Falcons twice a year in Carolina. Kinda crazy

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Roddy White ‏@roddywhiteTV

Watching film and the broncos love to play cover 6 and cover 4 little man coverage on third and medium or short #runmiketurnerrun

Von Dumbass
09-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Hell, Matt Russell and Keith Kidd worked with Atlanta's GM in New England.

vailpass
09-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Roddy White ‏@roddywhiteTV

Watching film and the broncos love to play cover 6 and cover 4 little man coverage on third and medium or short #runmiketurnerrun

White is a bad man. Jones is another. Denver D to be tested for sure.
Need to put Ryan on his ass early and often.

PornChief
09-12-2012, 04:29 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/lol-raiders.jpg

OctoberFart
09-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Queefs and Donkeys lose.

boogblaster
09-13-2012, 10:57 AM
donks the losers .....

TEX
09-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Chiefs and Donkeys lose.

I think everyone loses except the Raiders. After this week 3 teams will be 1-1 & KC will be 0-2.

Red Beans
09-13-2012, 11:00 AM
If we start off as hot as we did on O last Sunday, we're going to piss pound the Bills. That being said, I cannot emphasize the word "IF" enough in that previous sentence...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Chiefs and Donkeys lose.

You already lost. You'll lose again.

Fritz88
09-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Chiefs beat Bills?

Srsly?
Posted via Mobile Device

Von Dumbass
09-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Peter King's picks... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/09/13/week-2/index.html

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/702/aviarysportsillustrated.png

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/702/aviarysportsillustrated.png

KCUnited
09-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Looks like we'll be without Flowers, Brown, Toribio, and Lewis again. With that, I went Bills, Falcons, Raiders, and Chargers.

Count Zarth
09-13-2012, 12:15 PM
lololol

sounds like 300 garbage-time yards.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-13-2012, 01:17 PM
lololol

sounds like 300 garbage-time yards.

I propose that the term be renamed "Cassel-Time".