PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Marcell Dareus’ brother a victim in Alabama triple homicide

Nightfyre
09-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Terrible news out of the weekend, as CBS42 News in Birmingham is reporting that the brother of Buffalo Bills tackle Marcell Dareus was one of the victims in a Sunday triple homicide in Pelham, Alabama.
Simeon Gilmore, the 19-year-old brother of Dareus, died from gunshot wounds at a Pelham home, as did Casey Cumberland and Joshua Smith, both aged 22. Jon Staggs, age 20, has been charged with three counts of capital murder, and is being held in Shelby County prison without bond.
Dareus, a former defensive tackle with the University of Alabama, is reportedly in transit back to Birmingham. The SEC's sacks leader in 2009 and the BCS Championship Defensive MVP in 2010, he was the third pick in the 2011 NFL draft. In his rookie season, he played in all 16 games and notched 5.5 sacks. He recorded one tackle last weekend in a loss to the Jets.
Dareus has not commented publicly on the tragedy; his Twitter account has not been updated in more than a week. The Bills' next game is at home this weekend against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Is it bad if I saw this and thought: I wonder if he'll play...

El Jefe
09-12-2012, 09:13 AM

No way, it was his brother.

Cave Johnson
09-12-2012, 09:16 AM

Ed Reed disagrees.

Dante84
09-12-2012, 09:17 AM

Yeah, when Ed Reed's brother drowned, we all dove in head first.

Hog Farmer
09-12-2012, 09:39 AM
He needs to be with family, especially Sunday, you know at Church and stuff.

L.A. Chieffan
09-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Oh great. Buffalo is gonna be even more pumped for their next game

Dayze
09-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Reed didn't even have time to catch his breath after that incicdent.

threebag02
09-12-2012, 10:23 AM
ya he was in over his head

Hog Farmer
09-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Yeah, well, so if the guy hadn't been ghey he wouldn't have been involved in no homocide.

Von Dumbass
09-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Bills expect Marcell Dareus to play this*week

Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus got some tragic news this week when he learned his younger brother had been shot to death in Pelham, Alabama on Sunday.

Coach Chan Gailey passed along the team’s condolences to Dareus and his family during his press conference on Wednesday, something all of us at PFT do as well. Things eventually moved back to football and Gailey was asked if Dareus would be back in time for this week’s game against the Chiefs. Gailey thinks Dareus will be with the team for the game.

“I talked to him this morning,” Gailey said, via Joe Buscaglia of WGR 550 in Buffalo. “I think he’ll be back for Sunday’s game, whether it’s tonight, tomorrow or the next day I don’t know. But I think he’ll be here for this week. He wants to be back.”http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/12/bills-expect-marcell-dareus-to-play-this-week/

Von Dumbass
09-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Marcell Dareus back at practice, four days after brother’s murder

Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus has returned to practice, four days after his 19-year-old brother was murdered in Alabama.

Dareus was on the field at the start of practice today. Dareus traveled to Alabama to be with his family when he learned of his brother’s murder shortly after the Bills’ loss to the Jets on Sunday, but Wednesday’s practice was the only one he missed.

Bills coach Chan Gailey said on Wednesday that the team wanted Dareus to take whatever time he thought he needed, but that Dareus had already said he wanted to play in Sunday’s home opener against the Chiefs and would be back.

A 20-year-old man named Jon Staggs Jr. has been charged with capital murder in the killing of Dareus’s brother and two other young men.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/13/marcell-dareus-back-at-practice-four-days-after-brothers-murder/

feldspar
09-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Marcell Dareus' father died when he was six. Then his mother got extremely sick very early in his life, and eventually died. She had six children. Because of his mother's illness, at one point, he lived with his high school football coach, who was killed in a car accident. Now his brother was shot and killed.

Marcell Dareus is only 22 years old. Gotta hand it to him to overcome all that and become the third overall pick. He's a high character guy.

He is going to be playing this week against Kansas City.

Detoxing
09-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Marcell Dareus' father died when he was six. Then his mother got extremely sick very early in his life, and eventually died. She had six children. Because of his mother's illness, at one point, he lived with his high school football coach, who was killed in a car accident. Now his brother was shot and killed.

Marcell Dareus is only 22 years old. Gotta hand it to him to overcome all that and become the third overall pick. He's a high character guy.

That's crazy.

I couldn't imagine having to deal that.

Von Dumbass
09-14-2012, 04:38 PM

Wow. Dude is all smiles too. I never would have guessed he had been through so much.

Hog Farmer
09-14-2012, 05:31 PM
After all that he should be depressed enough to OFF himself. Saturday works for me.

feldspar
09-14-2012, 06:32 PM
After all that he should be depressed enough to OFF himself. Saturday works for me.

That's not the least bit funny; in fact, it sucks to say something like that.

Dante84
09-14-2012, 06:45 PM
That's not the least bit funny; in fact, it sucks to say something like that.

Hey, drink fart, bro.

KC Jones
09-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Is it bad if I saw this and thought he's going to destroy us?

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 07:12 PM
If he dedicates this game to his brother and proceeds to snap Mark Kasl's neck like a twig... his brother will not have died in vain.

Boss Hog
09-14-2012, 07:47 PM

He was given a leave of absence Monday and he has already stated that he'll will be back for the game. You guys will still win thought. Fitzputrid is the worst quarterback ever behind center in the history of the Bills franchise.

feldspar
09-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Fitzputrid is the worst quarterback ever behind center in the history of the Bills franchise.

Now that's a bold statement.

Hint of advice: while I like the "Fitzputrid" label, try the Shitzpatrick one once and a while. That's good too.

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Now that's a bold statement.

Hint of advice: while I like the "Fitzputrid" label, try the Shitzpatrick one once and a while. That's good too.

LMFAO