PDA

View Full Version : Life Achilles Tendon Surgery...

penguinz
09-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Anyone here have Achilles tendon surgery? If so what was done and how has the recover been?

munkey
09-12-2012, 10:59 AM
The only thing that comes to mind when I hear the word Achilles is this....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ka-x_1Dqj2g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Radar Chief
09-12-2012, 11:10 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ka-x_1Dqj2g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I always think of Kimble Anders popping his tendon at the end of that Denver game.

munkey
09-12-2012, 11:41 AM
I always think of Kimble Anders popping his tendon at the end of that Denver game.

How did I forget about that? Nasty injury...

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-12-2012, 01:22 PM

Gage is that you?

penguinz
09-12-2012, 01:25 PM
No real comments?

penguinz
09-12-2012, 01:25 PM
No real comments?

Demonpenz
09-12-2012, 01:58 PM
My dad ripped his achelles and never got it fixed. Complete rupsure but he didn't want to miss work or go under, or rehab, he can't run anymore but he is pretty old. He hurt it after he weed wacked an underground wasp hive and he got stung a zillion times. Fun times.

Jewish Rabbi
09-12-2012, 02:34 PM
My boss just had it done. No real clue on specifics, but he was only out for like 2 weeks.

Papi
09-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Had surgery back in '08. It was a complete rupture, so the Dr. had to cut about a 6" incision to retrieve the part that pulled up the leg (fun stuff huh?). Recovery takes a long ass time. They put your foot in a boot pointing in a downard angle. I think it was about every month or so they would take out a wedge and bring the foot back up. 4 stages maybe. On crutches the whole time. Leg and calf were significantly smaller than healthy leg. Then rehab, that was probably another 2 months. I can't remember but all said and done it was probably 6 months before I was walking normally again. Didn't run for another couple of months but most people make a full recovery. No one gets back to 100% though. I'd say I got back to 90% of where I was. It sucks, but if you want to lead an active lifestyle you gotta do it.

penguinz
09-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Had surgery back in '08. It was a complete rupture, so the Dr. had to cut about a 6" incision to retrieve the part that pulled up the leg (fun stuff huh?). Recovery takes a long ass time. They put your foot in a boot pointing in a downard angle. I think it was about every month or so they would take out a wedge and bring the foot back up. 4 stages maybe. On crutches the whole time. Leg and calf were significantly smaller than healthy leg. Then rehab, that was probably another 2 months. I can't remember but all said and done it was probably 6 months before I was walking normally again. Didn't run for another couple of months but most people make a full recovery. No one gets back to 100% though. I'd say I got back to 90% of where I was. It sucks, but if you want to lead an active lifestyle you gotta do it.Sounds like fun.

I am possibly going to have to have Débridement with tendon transfer.