PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs limited in practice: Brandon Flowers and Brown.

Pages : [1] 2

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs limited in practice: Brandon Flowers and Jalil Brown.

Bills gonna go up and down the field on Reeves, Glad this fail of a GM didn't go add any players this week.

TrebMaxx
09-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Flower's injury is starting to concern me. I wish the organization would be a little more upfront on what is going on with him.

Discuss Thrower
09-12-2012, 10:58 AM
If he's not going to play any time soon than just freaking IR him.

Frazod
09-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Flower's injury is starting to concern me. I wish the organization would be a little more upfront on what is going on with him.

Good luck with that. They're probably pissed off that we know what the team colors are.

BossChief
09-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Haha

You guys can be truly clueless sometimes.

Who, exactly, were they supposed to sign that was gonna be an upgrade?

When you lose Flowers, Brown and Menzie all to early injuries in camp...it's gonna be a tough start to the year.

Haha

Maybe they will ask Dexter McCluster to play corner, too.

L.A. Chieffan
09-12-2012, 11:06 AM
To be a fan: Your Choice

Von Dumbass
09-12-2012, 11:06 AM
There are a lot of posters here who sound exactly like GoChiefs. Jesus. Were you guys really that surprised you got killed by Atlanta? If anything you guys should be happy because your offense actually looked really good in the first half. You should have known you couldn't go toe to toe with Atlanta's offense without Flowers and Hali.

L.A. Chieffan
09-12-2012, 11:07 AM
There are a lot of posters here who sound exactly like GoChiefs. Jesus. Were you guys really that surprised you got killed by Atlanta? If anything you guys should be happy because your offense actually looked really good in the first half. You should have known you couldn't go toe to toe with Atlanta's offense without Flowers and Hali.

They need to get a clue.

Chiefnj2
09-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Travis Daniels should be back at corner for Flowers.
Berry at FS.
Elam at SS.

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Haha

When you lose Flowers, Brown and Menzie all to early injuries in camp...it's gonna be a tough start to the year.

Haha

Last cut down day about 10 corners better then Reeves, but if you signed them you had to pay them the full year other teams didn't have a problem with that but guess who did? That's right cheap ass chiefs.

Von Dumbass
09-12-2012, 11:09 AM
They need to get a clue.

LMAO

Get a clue is going to be the new CP meme.

lcarus
09-12-2012, 11:09 AM
I figured Brandon Flowers would be back for the Bills game for sure. I actually assumed he would be ready to go for week 1 too. What's the status on Kendrick Lewis?

BossChief
09-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Last cut down day about 10 corners better then Reeves, but if you signed them you had to pay them the full year other teams didn't have a problem with that but guess who did? That's right cheap ass chiefs.

Give me a list of all these starting caliber corners that were cut from their teams.

I'll be waiting.

Discuss Thrower
09-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Welp, guess at this point all we can hope is the walking wounded that constitutes half the secondary returns after the bye week.

Von Dumbass
09-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Give me a list of all these starting caliber corners that were cut from their teams.

I'll be waiting.

Drayton Florence is one. That's all I can think of.

ChiTown
09-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Brandon Carr........:doh!:

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-12-2012, 11:14 AM

I'll be waiting.

This isn't about starting corners, IT'S ABOUT CORNERS BETTER THEN THAT POS REEVES. Go Google NFL Cuts on final day it's not hard you will see about 10 corners better then Reeves.

L.A. Chieffan
09-12-2012, 11:15 AM

What about him?

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-12-2012, 11:18 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/53-man-roster-tracker/

I see lot's of corners better then Reeves

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 11:24 AM
What about him?

Pioli missed the boat on Carr.
not negotiating/resigning him is gonna bite Phat Scott on the ass.

htismaqe
09-12-2012, 11:24 AM

I'll be waiting.

We don't need a "starting-caliber" CB.

We need a legit NUMBER THREE CB, which Reeves isn't.

Florence is out there. So is Leigh Bodden, Bryant McFadden, and Kelly Jennings. Those are the ones I can remember of the ones mentioned this morning on the radio.

Chiefnj2
09-12-2012, 11:25 AM

Florence is out there. So is Leigh Bodden, Bryant McFadden, and Kelly Jennings. Those are the ones I can remember of the ones mentioned this morning on the radio.

But they did work out another TE this week. So they have that going for them.

htismaqe
09-12-2012, 11:27 AM

LMAO

Von Dumbass
09-12-2012, 11:28 AM
I think Florence was picked up by the Lions.

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 11:29 AM

Pioli might as well face it, he isn't gonna find the new Gronkowski at a flea market price. :p

jd1020
09-12-2012, 11:29 AM

People who think this are too stupid to realize that the Chiefs would be in the same fucking boat if Carr was still here.

Priest31kc
09-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher
Kendrick Lewis and Anthony Toribio working in pads during indivdual drills at #Chiefs practice today. That's progress

joshklingler ‏@joshklingler
#Chiefs LB Tamba Hali back on the practice field today, both S Kendrick Lewis & CB Brandon Flowers working during open portion

L.A. Chieffan
09-12-2012, 11:31 AM

Week 1 ratings:

Carr -1.5
Routt +1.1

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 11:31 AM
People who think this are too stupid to realize that the Chiefs would be in the same ****ing boat if Carr was still here.

if Flowers remains out i'd much rather have Carr as a number one corner than Mister PI.

jd1020
09-12-2012, 11:32 AM
if Flowers remains out i'd much rather have Carr as a number one the Mister PI.

"Mister PI" was a real problem, wasn't he?

Carr was pretty good in game 1 for Dallas...

ChiTown
09-12-2012, 11:34 AM
People who think this are too stupid to realize that the Chiefs would be in the same ****ing boat if Carr was still here.

Yeah, that never crossed my mind, dipshit

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Week 1 ratings:

Carr -1.5
Routt +1.1

why would Ryan pass to Routt's side when he has the WR on Reeves side open all day.

makes Routts stats look better than they should.

htismaqe
09-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Do people REALLY think Stanford Routt is the problem? Really?

This is about whoever is playing across from Routt. If we had kept Carr, but not signed Routt, we'd be RIGHT IN THE SAME PLACE WE ARE NOW.

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 11:36 AM

This is about whoever is playing across from Routt. If we had kept Carr, but not signed Routt, we'd be RIGHT IN THE SAME PLACE WE ARE NOW.

should have kept Carr and made Routt the number three.

L.A. Chieffan
why would Ryan pass to Routt's side when he has the WR on Reeves side open all day.

We're not talking about stats.

ChiTown

So, once Flowers gets back, all is well?

L.A. Chieffan
09-12-2012, 11:37 AM

Routt wouldve been in Dallas.

jd1020
09-12-2012, 11:37 AM

ROFL

Pay $120M on the secondary.

GOOD IDEA!!!!!!

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Routt wouldve been in Dallas.

if you say so. ;)

KCUnited
09-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Just playing across from Reeves gets you a +1 float.

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 11:39 AM
ROFL

GOOD IDEA!!!!!!

sure, Pioli paid 60 million for a Backup QB to rebuild around. LMAO

jd1020
09-12-2012, 11:39 AM
sure, Pioli paid 60 million for a Backup QB to rebuild around. LMAO

Ya. His $5.5M salary for this year is really holding us back!

BossChief
09-12-2012, 11:44 AM

What?

Routt had a really nice game facing White and Jones (two of the best receivers in the game) and people go to these lengths to try and discredit it?

Routt faced better competition than Carr and came out with a much better grade.

-King-
09-12-2012, 11:45 AM

Reeves is a legit 3rd string CB. If there are better 3rd string CBs, then they wouldn't be 3rd string.

htismaqe
09-12-2012, 11:46 AM
So, once Flowers gets back, all is well?

It should be a hell of a lot better at least.

BossChief
09-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Just playing across from Reeves gets you a +1 float.

How does that make sense to ANYONE?

So, because Reeves was covering Jones...that made it easier for Routt to cover White?

What?

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 11:47 AM

no, it's his play.

TEX
09-12-2012, 11:48 AM
ROFL

GOOD IDEA!!!!!!

Before you laugh too loud, consider what would be guaranteed and what wouldn't...

Sorter
09-12-2012, 11:49 AM
ROFL

GOOD IDEA!!!!!!

Well, if you're a) not going to spend that money, what difference does it make?

and b) not going to use that money for adequate depth at OLB/DT as pass-rushers, why not?

I mean really, on this team we have legitimate pass rushers in Tamba, Houston, Bailey, and Poe). That is pretty sad that we have no depth at DE/DT to sub inside in our 2-3-6/2-4-5 for if Bailey got hurt (which he did, and our push up the middle suffered) and no pass rushers at OLB minus our starters.

It wasn't an extremely popular opinion at the time, but that was one reason I really wanted Whitney Mercilus in the draft. Poe isn't a bad pick, but the fact we have failed to add any depth in terms of pass-rushers is irritating.

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-12-2012, 11:50 AM

What about Jackson and Dorsey salary? Those kind of DE in today's NFL are worthless.

ChiTown
It should be a hell of a lot better at least.

Great, so we will only be giving up 30ppg vs 40ppg. Awesome! ;)

Actually, I think having Hali (pass rush) back will be a tremendous boost to our secondary.

Marcellus

Just out of curiosity, exactly what effect does telling you more about his injury it have on the situation? Is their lack of disclosure making the injury worse?

This stuff cracks me up.They are hiding Flower's injury! From who exactly?

Even if they are, what difference does it make on Sunday?

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Well, if you're a) not going to spend that money, what difference does it make?

and b) not going to use that money for adequate depth at OLB/DT as pass-rushers, why not?

I mean really, on this team we have legitimate pass rushers in Tamba, Houston, Bailey, and Poe). That is pretty sad that we have no depth at DE/DT to sub inside in our 2-3-6/2-4-5 for if Bailey got hurt (which he did, and our push up the middle suffered) and no pass rushers at OLB minus our starters.

It wasn't an extremely popular opinion at the time, but that was one reason I really wanted Whitney Mercilus in the draft. Poe isn't a bad pick, but the fact we have failed to add any depth in terms of pass-rushers is irritating.

takeaway Herm's draft picks and what does this team have?

jd1020
09-12-2012, 11:51 AM
What about Jackson and Dorsey salary? Those kind of DE in today's NFL are worthless.

Jackson has already restructured his contract for this year and will do it again next year, probably with an extension. Dorsey probably wont be a member of the Chiefs in 2013.

-King-
09-12-2012, 11:52 AM

"We're already paying a lot for our D-line, so we might as well pay a lot for our secondary"

Brilliant logic.

Marcellus
09-12-2012, 11:52 AM

You mean highest ranked pair of 3-4 DE's in the league last year?

The dumbass that exudes from this place from year to year is amazing.

Chiefnj2
09-12-2012, 11:54 AM

Just because PFF gives something a number or grade doesn't mean its correct.

ChiefsandO'sfan

Yeah cause paying them 100m to come out on 3rd downs is great sorry i feel top 5 picks should be play makers.

-King-

Asamoah
Lilja
Hudson
Winston
Baldwin
Houston
Berry
Routt
Jackson
Lewis
McCluster
Moeaki
Boss
Breaston

Sorter
09-12-2012, 11:55 AM

Candy wrappers?

Marcellus
09-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Just because PFF gives something a number or grade doesn't mean its correct.

Yes we should completely ignore unbiased sources that do nothing but rank players by position based on their actual performance. I would much rather use CP as my standard of excellence.

Let me ask you, do you agree in their suckage assessment of Cassel? Oh well yes I am sure you do.

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Candy wrappers?

LMAO

TEX
09-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Reeves is a legit 3rd string CB. If there are better 3rd string CBs, then they wouldn't be 3rd string.

Reeves is the type of 3rd string QB that NEVER needs to be covering anyone. He needs to be playing Special Teams and that's it.

saphojunkie

For what it's worth:

DJ
Berry
Houston
Winston
Allen (I don't fucking understand why he isn't starting)
Hudson
Hillis
McCluster
Breaston
Baldwin
Asamoah
Belcher
Moeaki
Boss
Lewis
Routt
Poe
Powe
Toribio
Jackson
Bailey

Marcellus
Yeah cause paying them 100m to come out on 3rd downs is great sorry i feel top 5 picks should be play makers.

Go back and read your quote I replied to and then talk to me.

BossChief
Lots of dumb in this thread.

-King-
09-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Reeves is the type of 3rd string QB that NEVER needs to be covering anyone. He needs to be playing Special Teams and that's it.

No one is arguing that. Unfortunately our 1st string and 2nd string CB were injured. Name one 3rd string CB in the entire league that can cover Julio Jones.

L.A. Chieffan
09-12-2012, 11:58 AM
For what it's worth:

DJ
Berry
Houston
Winston
Allen (I don't fucking understand why he isn't starting)
Hudson
Hillis
McCluster
Breaston
Baldwin
Asamoah
Belcher
Moeaki
Boss
Lewis
Routt
Poe
Powe
Toribio
Jackson
Bailey

DJ? I think you took that question too literal

TEX
09-12-2012, 11:59 AM
For what it's worth:

DJ
Berry
Houston
Winston
Allen (I don't ****ing understand why he isn't starting)
Hudson
Hillis
McCluster
Breaston
Baldwin
Asamoah
Belcher
Moeaki
Boss
Lewis
Routt
Poe
Powe
Toribio
Jackson
Bailey

You forgot Pioli's Prize QB that cost us a # 2...

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-12-2012, 11:59 AM
No one is arguing that. Unfortunately our 1st string and 2nd string CB were injured. Name one 3rd string CB in the entire league that can cover Julio Jones.

And anyone that watched the preseason knew Reeves couldn't cover Jones but Pioli did nothing. Pioli knew for weeks that Flowers and Brown would be a no go for week 1.

Sorter
09-12-2012, 12:00 PM
I kid, I kid. I like what Pioli has done in terms of our offensive line (drafting smart, athletic guys who are great in space). Additionally, I think he did a good job this off season addressing the running back position. The TE position is much improved as well.

However, we have no depth at pass rushers, poor secondary depth, and only one LB who can cover adequately.

Rausch

Reeves isn't an NFL player.

If he was he WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN OUT OF FOOTBALL FOR 2 YEARS...

Marcellus

Any 3rd string QB not on the Chiefs. Duh. You know that. I bet The broncs 5th string practice squad safety could. /Knowmo

TEX
09-12-2012, 12:01 PM

I can't. But I can name some who can at least cover Joe Blow and Reeves can't.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Haha

Haha

Yeah, look at the Giants trash corners that made Kevin friggin Ogletree a hot item for a week. Tough to survive 3 injuries at 1 spot.

Sorter
09-12-2012, 12:02 PM

They were the highest ranked pair in terms of run stopping. Not in terms of rushing the passer, which has quite a bit more relevance in today's NFL.

Marcellus
Reeves isn't an NFL player.

If he was he WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN OUT OF FOOTBALL FOR 2 YEARS...

So you aren't aware of why he was out of football for 2 years? Reading is your friend.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/28/3783613/chiefs-reeves-put-career-on-hold.html#storylink=misearch

Marcellus
They were the highest ranked pair in terms of run stopping. Not in terms of rushing the passer, which has quite a bit more relevance in today's NFL.

The statement was they are worthless. The statement is completely retarded.

TrebMaxx
09-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Just out of curiosity, exactly what effect does telling you more about his injury it have on the situation? Is their lack of disclosure making the injury worse?

This stuff cracks me up.They are hiding Flower's injury! From who exactly?

Even if they are, what difference does it make on Sunday?

Oh, I agree. I just would like to know. Selfish curiosity as a fan of this team.

jd1020

Our DE's should be able to do something in terms of rushing the passer. But in case you weren't aware, that's not their job in KC's scheme.

L.A. Chieffan
So you aren't aware of why he was out of football for 2 years? Reading is your friend.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/28/3783613/chiefs-reeves-put-career-on-hold.html#storylink=misearch

The time off didn't exactly help.

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Pick up Donald Jones this week for your Fantasy team gonna make Reeves look like a clown

-King-

:clap:

Marcellus
Oh, I agree. I just would like to know. Selfish curiosity as a fan of this team.

I think you know pretty much what they know, he has a heel bruise that won't heal. (Pun intended).

htismaqe
Before you laugh too loud, consider what would be guaranteed and what wouldn't...

Exactly. There's always ways to get around the cap.

Spongeblack Bobtard
Haha

Haha

haha

haha

HAHA

HAHA

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

j/k :evil:

Flowers gets hurt alot. They probably should have planned better. That said, Brown is alright imo. Hopefully, he will be able to go. He hasn't started a real game yet so don't give me the preseason BS...

Hindsight is 20/20 but, I think Pioli resigned the lesser corner of the two. Carr has never missed a game. I like Flowers but he can't stay healthy.

I would also like to point out that there aren't any corners out there and Reeves might be better than what's left. The Falcons signed the Colt's nickelback from last year off the street. Now that's really bad...

Marcellus
09-12-2012, 12:05 PM
The time off didn't exactly help.

Not sure who said it did.

T-post Tom
09-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Will Stevie Johnson's family be able to recognize him after Berry & Co go all Tony Soprano on him? It's not revenge they're after, it's a Reckoning.

Sorter
09-12-2012, 12:07 PM
The statement was they are worthless. The statement is completely retarded.

Missed that. Definitely not worthless, but to me it isn't money well spent. Good players against the run though.

BossChief
09-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Our DE's should be able to do something in terms of rushing the passer. But in case you weren't aware, that's not their job in KC's scheme.
Ty Warren and Richard Seymour got plenty of sacks in the same scheme.

The problem with both Jackson and Dorsey is that they aren't on the field in passing situations because their skill set isn't adequate enough for them to be.

Marcellus
09-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Missed that. Definitely not worthless, but to me it isn't money well spent. Good players against the run though.

Overpaid for sure.

This place gone full idiot though. Every single thing is a dumpster fire.

ChiTown
09-12-2012, 12:11 PM

The problem with both Jackson and Dorsey is that they aren't on the field in passing situations because their skill set isn't adequate enough for them to be.

Yep. This has less to do with scheme and more to do with skill set.

JASONSAUTO
09-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs limited in practice: Brandon Flowers and Jalil Brown.

Bills gonna go up and down the field on Reeves, Glad this fail of a GM didn't go add any players this week.

god damn you are a whiny fucking bitch.

does limited mean out now?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Overpaid for sure.

Yep, it's gone full Claytard.

ChiTown
09-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Overpaid for sure.

You've been here long enough. This place is ALWAYS a dumpster fire when things look bad.

BossChief
09-12-2012, 12:14 PM
god damn you are a whiny fucking bitch.

does limited mean out now?

And to think...you, me and O.City used to be nice guys almost all the time.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-12-2012, 12:15 PM
And to think...you, me and O.City used to be nice guys almost all the time.

It's caused Jason and I to lose our mind and post about midgets all the time

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 12:24 PM

Maybe Seymour and Warren got most of their sacks because they played beside two of the greatest 3-4 NTs of all time in Vince Wilfork and Ted Washington?

Seymour played DT in the 3-4 in his first two years in the NFL. He got 3 sacks as a rookie and 5 sacks in his second year.

He never recorded eight sacks in a season until he had a really good NT. He got eight once with Washington and once with Wilfork.

Warren never had more than 3.5 sacks until they got Wilfork.

The problem isn't Dorsey and Jackson imo. The problem has been the personnel at NT. Dorsey and Jackson aren't going to get a bunch (5+) of sacks unless we have a dominant NT. Having a dominant NT is the key to this defense.

L.A. Chieffan
09-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Not sure who said it did.

So he could have taken the time off to become a Buddhist fucking monk, it doesn't mean he sucks any less.

JASONSAUTO
09-12-2012, 12:43 PM

about those midgets...

Micjones
09-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Travis Daniels should be back at corner for Flowers.
Berry at FS.
Elam at SS.

Egg zactly.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Egg zactly.

I think the reason they aren't playing Daniels at CB is because Lewis is out. I mean Elam is good enough and there probably isn't much difference between him and Daniels at FS. The thing is that a big part of their defense will rely on that 3-3-5 three safety formation that allows Berry to either line up at CB or as a hybrid LB. We use this formation quite a bit against good TEs and it's the way we have shut down Gates since Romeo came to KC. When Berry went out last year, it severly hampered RACs ability to use this formation. Berry has talked about it a little bit in an interview.

That's why this year he moved Daniels, one of his most reliable players, to safety this year. He wants to be able to run this formation no matter whcih three safeties he has.

In the end, I think the only way we see Daniels at CB is if Lewis comes back soon.

In my opinion.

ForeverChiefs58
09-12-2012, 12:56 PM
No worked out 4 LB's Tues including Ernie Sims.

Tampa Bay hosted 7 defensive players including Everette Brown.

Houston worked out 7 DL including Remi Ayodele

Detroit worked out 9 DB's including ex skin Byron Westbrook (brother of Brian)

Pats worked out 9, Cris Carr and Curtis Painter among them.

Haven't heard about the Chiefs yet, but I am sure they are looking

SNR
09-12-2012, 12:58 PM

Is that why you post about midgets? And here I was reading it through a Freudian lens.

beach tribe
09-12-2012, 12:59 PM

I'll be waiting.

And they are cheap because they didn't sign a min. salary corner. Priceless.

Micjones
I think the reason they aren't playing Daniels at CB is because Lewis is out. I mean Elam is good enough and there probably isn't much difference between him and Daniels at FS. The thing is that a big part of their defense will rely on that 3-3-5 three safety formation that allows Berry to either line up at CB or as a hybrid LB. We use this formation quite a bit against good TEs and it's the way we have shut down Gates since Romeo came to KC. When Berry went out last year, it severly hampered RACs ability to use this formation. Berry has talked about it a little bit in an interview.

That's why this year he moved Daniels, one of his most reliable players, to safety this year. He wants to be able to run this formation no matter whcih three safeties he has.

In the end, I think the only way we see Daniels at CB is if Lewis comes back soon.

In my opinion.

Are we really any better off weak at Corner (with Reeves) or at Safety with someone like Hartman?
I guess with Reeves if you're trying to keep everything in front of you.

Spongeblack Bobtard

By pff right? Who figures pff's stats? Are they better than Bleacher report? Or, are they only better because you have to pay? Aren't they taken by another dumbass sitting on the coach like you and me? Just like Bleacher Report? They aren't official stats but, they are good enough right mouth fingerer? What makes them experts?

I like their work too but, the lesson here is not to act like your bullshit stats are any better than my bullshit stats.

JASONSAUTO
09-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Is that why you post about midgets? And here I was reading it through a Freudian lens.

mental midgets

Sorter
09-12-2012, 01:01 PM
No, we fucking do not run a god damn, mother fucking 3-3-5. Jesus, do you fucking watch the games? We run a 2-3-6. Poe and Bailey are typically our down lineman, with Tamba and Houston lined up outside both of them. Dj is lined up as the Mike, and Berry next to him, usually covering TEs. We then have 2 safeties deep, and 3 corners, which when healthy are Routt, Flowers and Arenas, who plays inside. Here is an article detailing how we run our 2-3-6 on >30% of our snaps. Oh, and it isn't from some stupid fucking website like Bleacher Report either, dumbass.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/04/11/fantasy-defensive-personnel-packages-%E2%80%93-part-1/

In fact, here is an image for you so you can get remember it easier. God fucking dammit dude, I'm sick of explaining the same fucking shit over and over again.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dIPo5JT23CI/T9GBPobnkgI/AAAAAAAADIk/mzrV6h-hEb4/s1600/Base+invert+--+dime.PNG

JASONSAUTO
09-12-2012, 01:01 PM
By pff right? Who figures pff's stats? Are they better than Bleacher report? Or, are they only better because you have to pay? Aren't they taken by another dumbass sitting on the coach like you and me? Just like Bleacher Report? They aren't official stats but, they are good enough right mouth fingerer? What makes them experts?

I like their work too but, the lesson here is not to act like your bullshit stats are any better than my bullshit stats.

lol, you like their work but it doesnt fit your agenda?

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 01:03 PM
lol, you like their work but it doesnt fit your agenda?

No, she was being a bitch in another thread and she had it coming. I have actually used that same article many times in the last few months.

Sorter
09-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Says the dumbass who doesn't know any of the fucking defensive formations the Kansas CIty Chiefs run. You're a fucking moron BlackBob.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 01:05 PM
No, we ****ing do not run a god damn, mother ****ing 3-3-5. Jesus, do you ****ing watch the games? We run a 2-3-6. Poe and Bailey are typically our down lineman, with Tamba and Houston lined up outside both of them. Dj is lined up as the Mike, and Berry next to him, usually covering TEs. We then have 2 safeties deep, and 3 corners, which when healthy are Routt, Flowers and Arenas, who plays inside. Here is an article detailing how we run our 2-3-6 on >30% of our snaps. Oh, and it isn't from some stupid ****ing website like Bleacher Report either, dumbass.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/04/11/fantasy-defensive-personnel-packages-%E2%80%93-part-1/

In fact, here is an image for you so you can get remember it easier. God ****ing dammit dude, I'm sick of explaining the same ****ing shit over and over again.

You're wrong and you aren't very bright. We use both.

Remember lady, the problems that you suffer from are the problems that you make.

Chocolate Hog
09-12-2012, 01:05 PM
There's a million guys better than reeves.

Florence
Chris Johnson
Joselio Hanson

I would have even rolled the dice on demarcus van dyke.

Oh yeah while pioli was wasting 7th round picks this year there was a guy by the name of Alfonzo Dennard he could have picked.

JASONSAUTO
09-12-2012, 01:06 PM
No, she was being a bitch in another thread and she had it coming. I have actually used that same article many times in the last few months.

i will just go by who is wrong on a regular basis...

SNR
09-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Sorter's a chick? I thought the avatar was just some picture from something internety and pop culturey that I didn't know

Marcellus
09-12-2012, 01:07 PM
You've been here long enough. This place is ALWAYS a dumpster fire when things look bad.

Yea, but its even worse than usual. This place is basically Claytard Planet right now.

There are multiple people openly hoping for the team to lose just so that they can be correct. That bugs the fuck out of me.

JASONSAUTO
Sorter's a chick? I thought the avatar was just some picture from something internety and pop culturey that I didn't know

i was wondering that myself.

Sorter
Did you even read the link I posted? Do you watch the games? We have never even ran a 3-3-5. Period.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 01:09 PM
There's a million guys better than reeves.

Florence
Chris Johnson
Joselio Hanson

I would have even rolled the dice on demarcus van dyke.

Oh yeah while pioli was wasting 7th round picks this year there was a guy by the name of Alfonzo Dennard he could have picked.

If those guys could play, Dimitrov wouldn't have just signed Terrence Johnson.

BoneKrusher
For what it's worth:

DJ
Berry
Houston
Winston
Allen (I don't ****ing understand why he isn't starting)
Hudson
Hillis
McCluster
Breaston
Baldwin
Asamoah
Belcher
Moeaki
Boss
Lewis
Routt
Poe
Powe
Toribio
Jackson
Bailey

DJ wasn't drafted by Pioli
and this list isn't very impressive at all for 4 years.

going into year four, the team should be a contender with this many high draft choices.

JASONSAUTO

might be his own nickname for sorter too...

PRIEST
09-12-2012, 01:11 PM

This :banghead:

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 01:12 PM
i will just go by who is wrong on a regular basis...

No problem. It will work itself out. I'm just tired of her mouth.

Did you even read the link I posted? Do you watch the games? We have never even ran a 3-3-5. Period.

We run a form of the 3-3-5 every game honey. Just stick with the grammer corrections.

SNR
mental midgets

Post some threads about hippo poop helicopters. It's really relaxing. Calms you down instantly.

Sorter
BlackBob. I don't know how else I can make this clear to you, other than scheduling a fucking interview with Crennel and having him explain to you that we have NEVER FUCKING RAN A 3-3-5. We run a 2-3-6. FFS, I posted pictures, statistics from a renowned website when it comes to football statistics and you still don't get it. You're either a wonderful troll, or severely mentally handicapped. Judging from your spelling, grammatical use, and stupid fucking ideas like "Brandon Siler is a better tackler than DJ" and "McCluster is quicker than Charles" in the past, I'm starting to believe it is the latter.

Sorter
09-12-2012, 01:13 PM

We run a form of the 3-3-5 every game honey. Just stick with the grammer corrections.

Alright. Post some evidence. Go.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Alright. Post some evidence. Go.

Ok but, you have to ask me nicely.

For the future, understand that we run a 3-3-5 more than we run a 2-3-6.

Sorter
09-12-2012, 01:20 PM
We don't. Try reading, or is your fetal-alcohol syndrome too severe?

If you really wanted to shut me up, you could just prove me wrong and show that we run the 3-3-5 more than the 2-3-6 (which is Romeo's baby, idiot) with things like, evidence.

ChiTown
Yea, but its even worse than usual. This place is basically Claytard Planet right now.

There are multiple people openly hoping for the team to lose just so that they can be correct. That bugs the **** out of me.

I can't disagree with that

htismaqe
Ok but, you have to ask me nicely.

For the future, understand that we run a 3-3-5 more than we run a 2-3-6.

Stop stalling and post your evidence.

Sorter
09-12-2012, 01:22 PM

He can't. He's just trolling.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 01:24 PM

Not until she asks nicely. Some people here are so mean. I am still waiting for pest to ask nicely and I have his link ready too.

Sorter
09-12-2012, 01:25 PM

grammer
mmer
mer
er
e

:banghead:

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 01:28 PM
grammer
mmer
mer
er
e
r
:banghead:

you forgot the r

Sorter
09-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Pkg 3-4-4 4-3-4 5-2-4 2-4-5 3-3-5 4-2-5 1-4-6 2-3-6 3-2-6 4-1-6 1-3-7 Other
KC 55% 0% 0% 9% 0% 0% 1% 32% 0% 0% 1% 3%

Here is what I posted in the link for everyone to see. According to PFF, we ran the 3-3-5 in 2011 0 times. That's right, 0% of our snaps were in that formation. However, we ran the 2-3-6 in 32% of our snaps.

Here's the link again for those who missed it.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 01:30 PM

Here is what I posted in the link for everyone to see. According to PFF, we ran the 3-3-5 in 2011 0 times. That's right, 0% of our snaps were in that formation. However, we ran the 2-3-6 in 32% of our snaps.

And that's where I am setting you up to prove that pff isn't always right. Ask me nicely and I'll take you to school bitch. I am way ahead of you.

TEX
09-12-2012, 01:30 PM
DJ wasn't drafted by Pioli
and this list isn't very impressive at all for 4 years.

going into year four, the team should be a contender with this many high draft choices.

BINGO! Add Cassel to the list and it looks even less impressive.

Frosty
09-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Tampa Bay hosted 7 defensive players including Everette Brown.

I know Brown was a bust but I have hard time believing he wouldn't be better than Studebaker based on raw talent alone.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 01:44 PM

You know what's really funny about this? Even if it was right (which it isn't), here's my post that spurred this discussion...

In my opinion.

Sorter
09-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Jesus. This is what the 3-3-5 looks like http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/3-3-5_green.svg/800px-3-3-5_green.svg.png

Notice how that looks nothing like what we put on the field? This is what we put on the field

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dIPo5JT23CI/T9GBPobnkgI/AAAAAAAADIk/mzrV6h-hEb4/s1600/Base+invert+--+dime.PNG

Sorter
09-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote: I think the reason they aren't playing Daniels at CB is because Lewis is out. I mean Elam is good enough and there probably isn't much difference between him and Daniels at FS. The thing is that a big part of their defense will rely on that 3-3-5 three safety formation that allows Berry to either line up at CB or as a hybrid LB. We use this formation quite a bit against good TEs and it's the way we have shut down Gates since Romeo came to KC. When Berry went out last year, it severly hampered RACs ability to use this formation. Berry has talked about it a little bit in an interview.

In my opinion.

You're literally right about this post minus the fact we don't run a 3-3-5. He likes to have another safety up in the box instead of having 3 down lineman, because of the coverage abilities Safeties typically bring.

Sorter
09-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Which is why we have 2 down lineman, 3 LBs (because Belcher can't cover) and 6 DBs. 3 safeties, and 3 corners.

Sorter
09-12-2012, 02:21 PM
You can see us in this package at the :12 and 1:58 mark in this video. No 3-3-5 though

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000059698/Falcons-vs-Chiefs-highlights

ThaVirus
09-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Fuck it, sit him this week and let him rest for the Saints game.

HemiEd
09-12-2012, 02:27 PM
How does that make sense to ANYONE?

So, because Reeves was covering Jones...that made it easier for Routt to cover White?

What?

I believe his point was that Routt is going to be thrown at less often with a weaker corner on the other side.

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 02:33 PM
I believe his point was that Routt is going to be thrown at less often with a weaker corner on the other side.

yep
any smart QB should take advantage of that situation.

HemiEd
09-12-2012, 02:48 PM

If so, it must be that time of the month.

HemiEd
09-12-2012, 02:54 PM
yep
any smart QB should take advantage of that situation.

He certainly did, it almost looked easy for Ryan.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 02:59 PM
You can see us in this package at the :12 and 1:58 mark in this video. No 3-3-5 though

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000059698/Falcons-vs-Chiefs-highlights

Check the :43 second mark. Julio gets the pick play TD on a 3-3-5 defense. The Chiefs base nickel pack is a 3-3-5 defense. That's where pff goes wrong. Occassionally KC uses a 4 down linemen nickel formation but not very often.

There's the 3-3-5 nickel which is where you bring in an extra corner. Then, there's the 3-3-5 star where you bring in a third safety. Pff isn't including the 3-3-5 nickel in their 3-3-5 stats on your link.

In the star formation, the "star" player is a LB/S tweener who plays up torwards the line. This role is meant for Berry but McGraw mostly played it in Berry's rookie season. The plan was for Berry to play it last year and now he's playing it this year at times.

Consider that we played in the nickel 50% of the snaps last year. Some people even argue that the 3-3-5 nickel is our base formation.

If you go back and look at the Green bay game from last year, we lined up in the nickel 86% of the snaps in that game. You will see the 3-3-5 quite a bit.

Last, whoever said Dorsey doesn't line up in the nickel is dead wrong. The only DE that comes out is Jackson..... In the past anyway.

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 03:13 PM
He certainly did, it almost looked easy for Ryan.

exactly.
that's why Pioli made a mistake by letting Carr get out.
we could've had Carr/Routt last sunday.
i know it would have been an expensive secondary but hey, it would have been worth it.

Frosty
09-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Check the :43 second mark. Julio gets the pick play TD on a 3-3-5 defense. The Chiefs base nickel pack is a 3-3-5 defense. That's where pff goes wrong. Occassionally KC uses a 4 down linemen nickel formation but not very often.

I don't know. I see 2 linemen, 4 LB (99, across from the LG, is Jones, a LB) and 3 db (with 2 db off of the screen).

http://i45.tinypic.com/2im4207.jpg

Count Zarth
09-12-2012, 03:18 PM
There are a lot of posters here who sound exactly like GoChiefs.

I'm glad people are finally seeing this shit-dick regime for what it is.

My eyes have been wide fucking open for months.

bevischief
09-12-2012, 03:27 PM
:popcorn:

Count Zarth
09-12-2012, 03:39 PM

There are multiple people openly hoping for the team to lose just so that they can be correct. That bugs the fuck out of me.

People are realizing what's up.

The curtain is being thrown back on this failed regime, and ghastly inept management is the show.

Pioli's in the spotlight, fucking a chicken, and people are about to stop paying for it.

Count Zarth
09-12-2012, 03:47 PM

In case you weren't aware, they couldn't do it even if they were asked to.

Chocolate Hog
09-12-2012, 03:48 PM
How long does a partially torn ligament take to heal?

Count Zarth
09-12-2012, 03:53 PM
What?

Routt had a really nice game facing White and Jones (two of the best receivers in the game) and people go to these lengths to try and discredit it?

Routt faced better competition than Carr and came out with a much better grade.

Routt was only thrown at 4 times because they were too busy raping Reeves and DJ. He still gave up 3 catches.

Go back and look at the tape and you will see Routt letting Roddy White run wide the fuck open on Julio's first TD.

His fail is coming. Shit, his idea of "good coverage" is just to rape the receiver with contact.

Marcellus
09-12-2012, 03:54 PM

The curtain is being thrown back on this failed regime, and ghastly inept management is the show.

Pioli's in the spotlight, ****ing a chicken, and people are about to stop paying for it.

You are an idiot. Nothing is going to change any time soon. For one this team will win enough games Pioli will keep his job.

You rooting for the Chiefs to fail to prove your point is like hoping the US economy will totally collapse so we will elect a better president.

Problem is there is no reason to believe we will make the change to better leadership so all you are doing is rooting for failure.

Time to start rooting for success and quiet being a douche nozzle.

Douche nozzle.

Count Zarth
09-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Do you even realize that I was TOO optimistic before last Sunday? I thought we'd lose by TEN.

This regime is ultra fail.

Marcellus
09-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Do you even realize that I was TOO optimistic before last Sunday? I thought we'd lose by TEN.

This regime is ultra fail.

God forbid your expectations were not met Sunday, that proves it all right there.

Pioli isn't going anywhere, why waste your time tied up hating him and everything Chiefs. You think Clark is selling the team in your life time?

Count Zarth
09-12-2012, 04:02 PM
It's sad when you think the Chiefs can compete with a good team and then they lose by 23.

That's really fucking sad.

I'm expecting to beat the Bills now....and worried I've got my hopes up way too high.

mcaj22
09-12-2012, 04:05 PM
It's sad when you think the Chiefs can compete with a good team and then they lose by 23.

That's really ****ing sad.

I'm expecting to beat the Bills now....and worried I've got my hopes up way too high.

you are going to be really upset after Sunday lol

Marcellus
09-12-2012, 04:06 PM

That's really ****ing sad.

:facepalm:

I used that smilie because we do not have douche nozzle smilie.

Count Zarth
09-12-2012, 04:07 PM

Well, that's the great thing about having your enthusiasm for the team completely sapped.

You don't get that upset.

It sure does increase your bloodlust for mass executions at Arrowhead, though.

Metaphorically speaking.

Marcellus

The real disappointment sets in when he realizes Pioli will be back next year.

Detoxing

Pioli's in the spotlight, ****ing a chicken, and people are about to stop paying for it.

And if the Chiefs win next week, everything will be just peachy.

We fans are very reactionary.

Count Zarth
09-12-2012, 04:12 PM
And if the Chiefs win next week, everything will be just peachy.

We fans are very reactionary.

Not for me. Sounds like more of the same. And the people who can't realize that, should.

I put my faith in Pioli last offseason to make the changes necessary to win. He failed.

Clark, your turn.

Chocolate Hog
09-12-2012, 04:16 PM

As a Chiefs fan how is this a good thing?

New World Order
09-12-2012, 04:23 PM
If flowers is out Buffalo shouldn't be a win, not sure how Reeves will be able to hold Stevie Johnson. Plus last year Stevie Johnson sent Eric Berry's leg into the 12th row.

Save the trip to Buffalo Mr. Pioli

New World Order
09-12-2012, 04:25 PM

It's almost like you want Pioli to be back

Count Zarth
09-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Really funny how the temperature of this place has changed from "How good is this team?" to "Just how bad are we?" in just a week. LMAO

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Really funny how the temperature of this place has changed from "How good is this team?" to "Just how bad are we?" in just a week. LMAO

Just wait till the Bills win.

Count Zarth
09-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Just wait till the Bills win.

http://i.imgur.com/zagQa.gif

New World Order
09-12-2012, 04:32 PM
We need buffalo to win, Saints/Ravens/Buccs are bound to be losses, SD will be a toss up

TEX
09-12-2012, 04:34 PM
If flowers is out Buffalo shouldn't be a win, not sure how Reeves will be able to hold Stevie Johnson. Plus last year Stevie Johnson sent Eric Berry's leg into the 12th row.

Save the trip to Buffalo Mr. Pioli

Even if Flowers plays, he's not going to be anywhere near 100%. Not sure how effective he'll be.

-King-
09-12-2012, 04:52 PM
exactly.
that's why Pioli made a mistake by letting Carr get out.
we could've had Carr/Routt last sunday.
i know it would have been an expensive secondary but hey, it would have been worth it.

We weren't getting Routt if we still had Carr.
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

why not?

that's the problem with Pioli, he signs shit for depth.

Marcellus
09-12-2012, 05:09 PM
We need buffalo to win, Saints/Ravens/Buccs are bound to be losses, SD will be a toss up

Clay V.2 = Douche Nozzle.

New World Order
09-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Clay V.2 = Douche Nozzle.

Marcellus, we need to endure some pain before joy can come in the morning

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't know. I see 2 linemen, 4 LB (99, across from the LG, is Jones, a LB) and 3 db (with 2 db off of the screen).

http://i45.tinypic.com/2im4207.jpg

Nope, you need to go to the frame before that. Also, when you are talking about the first "3," you are talking about "down" linemen. You aren't exactly at :43. Even Hali plays down in some formations. Something I thought of on the way home was that we got torched in those two down linemen formations. Most of Atlanta's TDs were against that formation....

Edit: Actually, it's at the :42 mark.

Frosty
09-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Nope, you need to go to the frame before that. Also, when you are talking about the first "3," you are talking about "down" linemen. You aren't exactly at :43. Even Hali plays down in some formations. Something I thought of on the way home was that we got torched in those two down linemen formations. Most of Atlanta's TDs were against that formation....

Edit: Actually, it's at the :42 mark.

It's the same play, just a couple of seconds later so you can see the jersey number of 99.

jspchief
09-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

We signed Routt 2 months before Carr became a free agent.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 05:55 PM
It's the same play, just a couple of seconds later so you can see the jersey number of 99.

Ok, There are three "down" linemen. When Tamba Hali or James Harrison or anyone else put their hand on the ground, they are then a "down" linemen. They are no longer a linebacker on the play. They are a defensive end by definition when they start with their hand in the dirt.

In the 4-3, the "4" means four down linemen. See what I mean?

In the 3-3-5, the first "3" means three down linemen.

The second number is always the number of linebackers and the third number is always the number of defensive backs.

the Talking Can
09-12-2012, 06:03 PM
they're just resting flowers for preseason, he'll be fine...

JASONSAUTO
09-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Ok, There are three "down" linemen. When Tamba Hali or James Harrison or anyone else put their hand on the ground, they are then a "down" linemen. They are no longer a linebacker on the play. They are a defensive end by definition when they start with their hand in the dirt.

In the 4-3, the "4" means four down linemen. See what I mean?

In the 3-3-5, the first "3" means three down linemen.

The second number is always the number of linebackers and the third number is always the number of defensive backs.
I don't agree that a linebacker putting his hand on the ground changes him to a lineman.

Still a linebacker
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
Posted via Mobile Device
how can people fail to comprehend this?

Routt was not signing with us to be a nickleback
Carr was not coming back to be a nickleback

and that's even if you insist on ignoring Carr when he said he had always dreamed of being a Cowboy.

people need to just get over it and move on

Mr. Laz
we were all hoping

dam foot injuries are death

Mugalug
09-12-2012, 06:14 PM

Yeah, it's common knowledge that the real pros don't really need the reps until week 4, 5 max. Saving him for post season IMO.Stooges

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 06:23 PM
I don't agree that a linebacker putting his hand on the ground changes him to a lineman.

Still a linebacker
Posted via Mobile Device

That's cool man. If you want re-define the definition of football formations go right ahead. :thumb:

Why would a linebacker want to put his hand in the dirt? Think about it.

NJChiefsFan
09-12-2012, 06:24 PM
why not?

that's the problem with Pioli, he signs shit for depth.

Takes two to tango. I don't think routt comes here to be the #3. The fail here was not signing the 5 yr 20 ish deal he was looking for pre 2011 that he himself said he was looking for on the radio last yr. Carr didn't have the stud stigma but pioli is paid to see it and we lost a good corner that we could have had for great value.

In the end I can live with flowers routt as long as we have depth and lock up bowe. Neither of those things have happened yet so for that reason losing Carr bothers me.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Takes two to tango. I don't think routt comes here to be the #3. The fail here was not signing the 5 yr 20 ish deal he was looking for pre 2011 that he himself said he was looking for on the radio last yr. Carr didn't have the stud stigma but pioli is paid to see it and we lost a good corner that we could have had for great value.

In the end I can live with flowers routt as long as we have depth and lock up bowe. Neither of those things have happened yet so for that reason losing Carr bothers me.

Good post and I mostly agree. Carr was my favorite player and I hated to see him go. He should been re-signed instead of getting tendered. Failing to resign him and missing on Andy Dalton are Pioli's biggest mistakes in my opinion.

However, i think Routt might have signed despite Carr. Routt has been a nickel corner for most of his career and that is his best position. I think he's most comfortable there. He's gotten better on the outside and has turned into a pretty good number 2. It would have been nice to have all three...

JASONSAUTO
09-12-2012, 06:41 PM
That's cool man. If you want re-define the definition of football formations go right ahead. :thumb:

Link me to that definition
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28
09-12-2012, 06:47 PM

DT used to play with his hand in the dirt all the time

Chiefs=Good
09-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Why would a linebacker want to put his hand in the dirt think about it.

Not sure if serious. But its a leverage thing. Also a backer can drop easily, while a de will take longer due to the stance..

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 07:04 PM
how can people fail to comprehend this?

Routt was not signing with us to be a nickleback
Carr was not coming back to be a nickleback

and that's even if you insist on ignoring Carr when he said he had always dreamed of being a Cowboy.

people need to just get over it and move on

whatever.
anyway, by Pioli not getting a deal done with Carr left the Chiefs with a downgrade at CB.
i guess i just thought the Pioli signing 4 years ago meant he would build a winner in KC, i was wrong.

jspchief
09-12-2012, 07:22 PM

Stanford Routt signed with KC almost 2 months before Carr became a FA. Maybe KC assured him they wouldn't re-sign Carr, but the fact is he joined the team as a 3rd CB.

Routt's contract is also very team friendly if he's released after the first year.

The team could have inked Bowe, then tagged Carr and had a 1 year, 3 way competition for two CB spots.

It would have been an expensive secondary for that year, but also a very deep one. In fact, Routt probably could have filled the FS spot too if necessary.

Not saying its what they SHOULD have done. Just saying that its hardly beyond reason to see both Carr and Routt on this team in 2012.

Setsuna
09-12-2012, 07:28 PM

You can't even spell Jamaal in Jamaal Charles right. Stop.

JASONSAUTO
09-12-2012, 07:29 PM
You can't even spell Jamaal in Jamaal Charles right. Stop.

Why do you think you can just run around and tell people what to do?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-12-2012, 07:39 PM
We signed Routt 2 months before Carr became a free agent.

At that point, I'm sure it was decided that Carr was asking for too much. And I'm sure Routt wasn't on board to come to a team where he might have to play as the nickel back.

-King-
Posted via Mobile Device

He's a confused football fan. Doesn't even know what team he roots for.

Setsuna
Posted via Mobile Device

Because we're best buds?

-King-
09-12-2012, 07:41 PM
whatever.
anyway, by Pioli not getting a deal done with Carr left the Chiefs with a downgrade at CB.
i guess i just thought the Pioli signing 4 years ago meant he would build a winner in KC, i was wrong.

How? Carr wasn't great in week 1. He gave up 80+ yards and was burnt by Dominick Hixon twice.

jspchief
09-12-2012, 07:44 PM
At that point, I'm sure it was decided that Carr was asking for too much. And I'm sure Routt wasn't on board to come to a team where he might have to play as the nickel back.

As long as you're "sure"....

-King-
09-12-2012, 07:45 PM
As long as you're "sure"....

Why the fuck would he go to a team to be a nickel back? He's an established starter in the league already.

BoneKrusher
09-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Why the **** would he go to a team to be a nickel back? He's an established starter in the league already.

maybe so but he's not as good as Carr.
just thought Pioli should take care of KC drafted players, especially with the upside Carr has.

i guess he'd rather use Clarks money on Backup QB's that arent worth a fuck.

Rausch
09-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Why the **** would he go to a team to be a nickel back? He's an established starter in the league already.

Coming off a year where his performance would have gotten him benched/booted from most places...

-King-
09-12-2012, 08:25 PM
just thought Pioli should take care of KC drafted players, especially with the upside Carr has.

i guess he'd rather use Clarks money on Backup QB's that arent worth a fuck.

You mean like Flowers, Hali, Derrick Johnson, and Charles?

-King-
09-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Coming off a year where his performance would have gotten him benched/booted from most places...

Meh, he was ranked right by Carr by most standards apart from penalties last year.

petegz28
09-12-2012, 08:27 PM

i guess he'd rather use Clarks money on Backup QB's that arent worth a ****.

Dude, we signed 4 and let 1 go. That's a pretty good ratio

Frosty
09-12-2012, 09:08 PM

Hali puts his hand in the dirt all of the time but that doesn't mean the Chiefs play a 4-3. However, go ahead and call it that if you want to. :rolleyes:

mcaj22
09-12-2012, 09:10 PM
i cant wait until we sign Wes Welker a month before we let Bowe walk in FA this upcoming offseason

JASONSAUTO
09-12-2012, 09:14 PM
I guess if a DB is going to blitz and puts his hand down he would be a lineman.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discuss Thrower
09-12-2012, 09:35 PM
i cant wait until we sign Wes Welker a month before we let Bowe walk in FA this upcoming offseason

Ignoring Baldwin, shortest WR corps evar!

NJChiefsFan
09-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Stanford Routt signed with KC almost 2 months before Carr became a FA. Maybe KC assured him they wouldn't re-sign Carr, but the fact is he joined the team as a 3rd CB.

Routt's contract is also very team friendly if he's released after the first year.

Not saying its what they SHOULD have done. Just saying that its hardly beyond reason to see both Carr and Routt on this team in 2012.

Good point.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Link me to that definition
Posted via Mobile Device

First, I'm not trying to be a smartass and I am trying to help you guys understand.

It's common knowledge and it's everywhere that gives a decent explanation. I just googled "understanding NFL football 4-3 and 3-4." It's almost always in the first sentence. Here's some...

http://voices.yahoo.com/understanding-nfl-football-4-3-3-4-defenses-509316.html?cat=14

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3%E2%80%934_defense

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4%E2%80%933_defense

http://football.calsci.com/DefensiveLine3.html

http://football.about.com/cs/a/43defense.htm

http://football.about.com/cs/a/34defense.htm

Also, yes, if a safety puts his hand on the ground at the line, he is at that point a "down linemen" for the purpose of defining the formation.

The first number is the formation is always "down linemen."

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Not sure if serious. But its a leverage thing. Also a backer can drop easily, while a de will take longer due to the stance..

That's exactly right. It's a leverage thing and he is going forward. When he puts his hand on the ground, he's no longer a LBer. He's a DE.

Hali puts his hand in the dirt all of the time but that doesn't mean the Chiefs play a 4-3. However, go ahead and call it that if you want to. :rolleyes:

By definition it's a 4-3 when he does that.

Also, what made Hali a LBer in the first place? He was a DE in the 4-3 right? When we switched to the 3-4, Hali stood up. That made him a LBer right? Why do you think it's different for the opposite?

I'm not sure why you guys are so confused...?

Rausch
09-13-2012, 08:47 AM
By definition it's a 4-3 when he does that.

No...

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Stanford Routt signed with KC almost 2 months before Carr became a FA.

Not quite.

Carr signed with Dallas 23 days after the Chiefs signed Routt.

RustShack
09-13-2012, 10:59 AM
When you get on the line with your hand on the dirt you are a lineman. Hali was a DE in the 4-3 defense, which is a defensive lineman. He can still be used as a DE even with that shiny new "LB' label next to his name on the roster. Hes still essentially just a DE that stands up now.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-13-2012, 12:13 PM
When you get on the line with your hand on the dirt you are a lineman. Hali was a DE in the 4-3 defense, which is a defensive lineman. He can still be used as a DE even with that shiny new "LB' label next to his name on the roster. Hes still essentially just a DE that stands up now.

Thank you :thumb:

Chocolate Hog
09-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Carr was already gone when the Chiefs signed Routt. Nick Wright reported he had already talked to another team which I can't believe wasn't investigated. Sure Wright could of been wrong but he's personal friends with Carr. He's stayed the night at his place according to Twitter.

KCUnited
09-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Carr was already gone when the Chiefs signed Routt. Nick Wright reported he had already talked to another team which I can't believe wasn't investigated. Sure Wright could of been wrong but he's personal friends with Carr. He's stayed the night at his place according to Twitter.

Wright talked to Carr the day KC signed Routt and Carr told him that's when he knew that the writing was on the wall. According to Wright of course.

Ace Gunner
09-13-2012, 12:29 PM

if it's four down to 3 point, it's four down. The reason is you can get leverage against blockers coming from a lower stance than they are.

Watch Poe do it when he plays RDE. Pretty impressive for such a young player. I didn't like the pick because he had no usable techniques coming to the NFL, but after watching him during exhibition he has that rare explosion very few big men have.

Now I see what Romeo sees with this guy. He's got great balance too. He knows leverage fairly well from what I can tell so far. Once he gets some hand technique, he is going to be very difficult to handle even for double teams.

I thought it may take Poe 3 or 4 seasons to develop. I'm moving that up now -- he should be the best lineman this team has by season's end. He's learning by leaps and bounds right now, it'll take longer for the finer skills such as hand fighting and play recognition, but I would not be surprised to see this kid make the PB next season.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Flowers limited again today?

KCUnited
09-13-2012, 01:09 PM

Flowers, Brown, Lewis, and Toribio were all limited today according to Romeo's presser they played on 610 this afternoon. Tomorrow is a walk through, Saturday a travel. Doesn't bode well for them.

TrebMaxx
09-13-2012, 01:10 PM

Careful, you might get this thread back on topic!

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Flowers, Brown, Lewis, and Toribio were all limited today according to Romeo's presser they played on 610 this afternoon. Tomorrow is a walk through, Saturday a travel. Doesn't bode well for them.

Injuries, injuries, injuries. Fuck.

BossChief
09-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Limited can mean a lot of things.

Lots of players are limited all week and then they play on Sunday.

Hopefully, we at least get Flowers back.

I think we can manage without the other three.

htismaqe
09-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Limited can mean a lot of things.

Lots of players are limited all week and then they play on Sunday.

Hopefully, we at least get Flowers back.

I think we can manage without the other three.

Flowers has been "limited" for over a month.

KCUnited
09-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Limited as in he hasn't practiced in 6 weeks and still isn't able to fully participate.

BossChief
09-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Flowers has been "limited" for over a month.

No.

He has only been limited for about 2 weeks.

Prior to that, he didn't participate at all and was in a boot.

htismaqe
09-13-2012, 01:28 PM
No.

He has only been limited for about 2 weeks.

Prior to that, he didn't participate at all and was in a boot.

He isn't going to play.

mcaj22
09-13-2012, 01:30 PM
poor BossChief

holding out that last string of hope of no Jacques Reeves when it is very clear there will be plenty of Jacques Reeves beatdowns by the Bills this Sunday. Which makes for sickening television if you are a Chiefs fan.

BossChief
09-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Gotta have hope.

Even if its false hope.

I sure as fuck dont want to imagine Reeves out there again.

htismaqe
09-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Gotta have hope.

Even if its false hope.

I sure as **** dont want to imagine Reeves out there again.

I don't know.

I have no hope.

And it feels pretty damn good.

O.city
09-13-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm just tired of the Patriot Way silence bullshit. If they would have come out and said what was wrong with Flowers a month ago, fine. The "Patriot Way" has infected so many teams league wide and failed everywhere. Until it's done here in KC, it doesn't matter.

I was patient. Been patient with the FO. Hell with it. If you can't find a replacement for Flowers that's better than Reeves, GTFO and take your way with you.

I was worried that blowing up the FO would set this all way back. But, I'm not too sure. Look at the 9ers. They were awful two years ago. Blew it up, now, they might be the best team in the NFC.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2012, 01:50 PM
How is it humanly possible that KC hasn't signed any DBs this week?

jd1020
09-13-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm just tired of the Patriot Way silence bullshit. If they would have come out and said what was wrong with Flowers a month ago, fine. The "Patriot Way" has infected so many teams league wide and failed everywhere. Until it's done here in KC, it doesn't matter.

I was patient. Been patient with the FO. Hell with it. If you can't find a replacement for Flowers that's better than Reeves, GTFO and take your way with you.

I was worried that blowing up the FO would set this all way back. But, I'm not too sure. Look at the 9ers. They were awful two years ago. Blew it up, now, they might be the best team in the NFC.

What difference would it make if they came out and said what was wrong with Flowers from a fans perspective?

mcaj22
09-13-2012, 01:52 PM
remember in TC when none of us could imagine a turd like Reeves making the final 53

and here we are week 2 in the season lol

Frosty
09-13-2012, 01:53 PM
I wonder if the Seahawks would let Trufant go for a low pick. He isn't what he used to be but he's still worlds better than Reeves.

Chiefnj2
What difference would it make if they came out and said what was wrong with Flowers from a fans perspective?

The only difference it would make would be to the idiots who think Flowers is going to play after missing 6 weeks and having yet to go full speed in practice.

htismaqe

What competitive advantage does it give them to keep it a secret?

mcaj22
09-13-2012, 01:54 PM

see I learned and picked up on this "Patriot Way" crap last season with the Sabby Piscitelli thing all season long. So when this season came around, I knew if a guy went down or there was some phantom injury they could hide that some turd like Jacques Reeves would play. In fact, I expected it. The Tamba suspension was the cherry on top. Scott Pioli is awful. And all these situations prove that

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2012, 01:55 PM
remember in TC when none of us could imagine a turd like Reeves making the final 53

Because Brown and Flowers are out.

Duh.

jd1020
09-13-2012, 01:55 PM
What competitive advantage does it give them to keep it a secret?

Why do they need a competitive edge to keep something a "secret?"

We know he's hurt. We know he's unlikely to play. Wtf do you need to know the exact injury? Because it would make a difference if you knew it was because of a broken toe, sprained ankle, or some other foot injury?

O.city
09-13-2012, 01:56 PM

Remember when you infect every thread with this shit? Yeah we get it, Reeves is terrible. It's not something we all don't know.

KCUnited
I'm not sure they know. They sent him to several different doctors and seem to be trying to get him on the field, but he just can't go, indicating it's not an injury that has x-much shelf live.

mcaj22
Remember when you infect every thread with this shit? Yeah we get it, Reeves is terrible. It's not something we all don't know.

dont get mad at a fellow fan, get mad at Scott Pioli

O.city
09-13-2012, 01:57 PM
If you are going to be secretive about stuff like this, fine. If you are going to be an arrogant jackass about stuff, fine.

But you damn well better win. Win, and I don't give a shit what you do.

But don't do all that, then get pissy when the fans boo your starting qb at a softball game.