PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which GM is Nuttier, Dayton Moore or Scott Pioli?

JohnnyV13
09-13-2012, 06:26 AM
Is Kansas City cursed to have crazy GMs?

First we have DM and his belief in Luke Chokevar after being a historically bad starter for five freak'n years.

THen we have Scott Pioli who doesn't want a 1st round QB.

Sigh.

:banghead:

Count Zarth
09-13-2012, 06:32 AM
Don't forget the candy wrappers.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2012, 06:34 AM
Heh. Someone mentioned it yesterday, but the Chiefs are really benefiting from the Royals being so historically bad for decades. The Royals make the Chiefs organization look solid by comparison.

Bowser
09-13-2012, 06:35 AM
LOLchevar

Brainiac
09-13-2012, 06:46 AM
Dayton Moore locked up Salvador Perez for 8 years at a bargain price. That single act makes up for his love for Hochevar.

mr. tegu
09-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Dayton also left the best hitting prospect on the team, and possibly in all of baseball, in the minors all year and played Frenchy instead who is having a historically bad year. That would be like Pioli wanting Tyler Palko starting all season while putting Andrew Luck on the practice squad.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Let's have them duke it out with the loser having to leave their team forever.

L.A. Chieffan
09-13-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm glad we didnt draft a QB yet, other than maybe Sanchez theres been no one available where we picked

Mr. Laz
09-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Why is Pioli nutty?

tk13
09-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Dayton also left the best hitting prospect on the team, and possibly in all of baseball, in the minors all year and played Frenchy instead who is having a historically bad year. That would be like Pioli wanting Tyler Palko starting all season while putting Andrew Luck on the practice squad.

While this is true to a point, and I'm not going to defend the move... it is a bit different because they can delay Myers becoming a free agent. Luck is going to be a FA whether he sits this year or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brainiac
09-13-2012, 09:53 AM

I agree, there's no excuse for that.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm glad we didnt draft a QB yet, other than maybe Sanchez theres been no one available where we picked

The only ones we passed over in recent history who we shouldnt have were Rodgers and Flacco.

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Neither are nutty, just incompetent.

YourMother
09-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Why don't each and every one of you shut your legs because it smells like a dying anchovie's chunt in here.

If you any of you donkie deeks knew jack squat you would be employed by the organization.

But because you don't know shiet you'll have to settle for bitching online about employed people and unzipping every time you are on the phone or online. Get used to sports mirroring your life...failure

mr. tegu
09-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Why don't each and every one of you shut your legs because it smells like a dying anchovie's chunt in here.

If you any of you donkie deeks knew jack squat you would be employed by the organization.

But because you don't know shiet you'll have to settle for bitching online about employed people and unzipping every time you are on the phone or online. Get used to sports mirroring your life...failure

I guess we shouldn't complain about politicians either since we aren't holding public office.

bevischief
09-13-2012, 11:45 AM

If you any of you donkie deeks knew jack squat you would be employed by the organization

This is not going to end well for you...

pr_capone
09-13-2012, 11:48 AM

Yeah... **** Andy Dalton.

Why is Pioli nutty?

Was the candy wrapper an Almond Joy or was it a Mounds? That might answer everything.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Let's have them duke it out with the both having to leave their team forever.

FYP!

L.A. Chieffan
09-13-2012, 12:08 PM
The only ones we passed over in recent history who we shouldnt have were Rodgers and Flacco.

And those weren't Pioli picks

Yeah... **** Andy Dalton.

Seriously, fuck Andy Dalton. Since about the half way point last season when defenses starting figuring him out he hasnt really done shit. Which is what everybody pretty much expected, he was drafted in the 2nd round.

pr_capone
09-13-2012, 12:12 PM
And those weren't Pioli picks

Seriously, **** Andy Dalton. Since about the half way point last season when defenses starting figuring him out he hasnt really done shit. Which is what everybody pretty much expected, he was drafted in the 2nd round.

Yeah he was drafted in the 2nd... 9 spots below our Super Fantastic WR4 Baldwin was picked.

We really needed a WR who would take years to develop over a over a rookie QB who threw for more yards in his first year in the league, on a super shitty team, than Kasl has thrown in his 4 years in KC.

Right there with you. :thumb:

L.A. Chieffan
09-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Yeah he was drafted in the 2nd... 9 spots below our Super Fantastic WR4 Baldwin was picked.

We really needed a WR who would take years to develop over a over a rookie QB who threw for more yards in his first year in the league, on a super shitty team, than Kasl has thrown in his 4 years in KC.

Right there with you. :thumb:

The jury is still out on Baldwin but do you really think Pioli is going to draft a marginal qb about ten spots too high (you could even argue that cinncy drafted him too high) the same year Cassel just went to the ProBowl? He would've looked like a fool. No, instead Pioli made a fucking genius move traded down with Cleveland and picked up Justin Houston as well. I bet you think Houston sucks too don't you? Pioli can't win for losing man

pr_capone
09-13-2012, 12:34 PM
The jury is still out on Baldwin but do you really think Pioli is going to draft a marginal qb about ten spots too high (you could even argue that cinncy drafted him too high) the same year Cassel just went to the ProBowl? He would've looked like a fool. No, instead Pioli made a ****ing genius move traded down with Cleveland and picked up Justin Houston as well. I bet you think Houston sucks too don't you? Pioli can't win for losing man

Oh God yes. Haven't you seen me rail on Houston in every other thread? :doh!:

Seriously... you deserve to get nut tapped for using the words Pro-Bowl and Kasl in the same sentence. He was an alternate to an alternate. He didn't make the Pro-Bowl... he backed into it ala Herm's Chiefs getting into the playoffs courtesy of a SF win.

You know what the difference between KC and Cincy is? They have a legit starting QB who can develop into something special and we have a 30 year old piece of shit who wasn't good enough to start in college ahead of Matt fucking Leinart.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2012, 12:46 PM

Seriously... you deserve to get nut tapped for using the words Pro-Bowl and Kasl in the same sentence. He was an alternate to an alternate. He didn't make the Pro-Bowl... he backed into it ala Herm's Chiefs getting into the playoffs courtesy of a SF win.

You know what the difference between KC and Cincy is? They have a legit starting QB who can develop into something special and we have a 30 year old piece of shit who wasn't good enough to start in college ahead of Matt ****ing Leinart.

:thumb:

L.A. Chieffan
09-13-2012, 12:57 PM

You know what the difference between KC and Cincy is? They have a legit starting QB who can develop into something special and we have a 30 year old piece of shit who wasn't good enough to start in college ahead of Matt fucking Leinart.

You can debate whether or not Cassells inclusion to the pro bowl was valid( he did have an extremely efficient season) but the fact of the matter is he WAS included and from the standpoint of Pioli it would've been pr suicide to draft a guy like Dalton, who I think is going to bust anyways.

Mr. Laz
09-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Was the candy wrapper an Almond Joy or was it a Mounds? That might answer everything.
we have NO IDEA what or if that happened.

He could of just been a boss trying to make a point of doing your job because he had several lazy janitors running around talking to people instead of working.

meaningless bullshit that people bring up because they are looking for an excuse to hate pioli.

Chiefs aren't winning and if they don't start winning then Pioli should be fired.

All this phone tap/gum wrapper stuff is stupid bullshit.

pr_capone
09-13-2012, 01:15 PM
You can debate whether or not Cassells inclusion to the pro bowl was valid( he did have an extremely efficient season) but the fact of the matter is he WAS included and from the standpoint of Pioli it would've been pr suicide to draft a guy like Dalton, who I think is going to bust anyways.

Kasl getting into the Pro Bowl was like being the last guy to take his turn in a gang bang. But it doesn't matter, had sex... right?

PR suicide for Pioli to draft a QB in the first round to replace Captain Checkdown? You are delusional.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Heh. Someone mentioned it yesterday, but the Chiefs are really benefiting from the Royals being so historically bad for decades. The Royals make the Chiefs organization look solid by comparison.

Oh so sad and true.

whoman69
09-13-2012, 02:07 PM
I will still say that with a few very large caveats, Pioli is doing a pretty good job. First is the 800 lb gorilla in the room, Matt Cassel. Second is the fact the Chiefs are always tons short on the cap and it tells in the depth on the team. I'm not sure if that is by design by Pioli or if it comes from above.

He has a few things that I certainly don't care for. The air of secrecy hurts the fans more than it would help the other teams. It creates resentment by the fans which we are seeing here and contributes to conspiracy theories everywhere. Its ridiculous that they feel they need to lock the media in the room during press conferences, have staff close their windows so they can't view practice, and don't even get me started on the gum wrappers.

The talent level currently on this team is higher than any time since the Vermeil era. Its all being pissed away by his refusal to correct his mistake at QB. The quote that he had saying he would be wary of choosing a QB in round one needs to be corrected as well. Personally I think the man at the top is responsible for the state of the franchise. I have zero confidence that this team can win a championship with Clark Hunt as owner.

Deberg_1990
10-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Did this ever get decided? who's the better GM?

JASONSAUTO
10-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Another perfect pairing to coke to death in each others cocks
Posted via Mobile Device

tredadda
10-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I would say Pioli is worse. Clark has far more money than Glass, Arrowhead is far larger than Kauffman meaning more revenue per game played, and there is a salary cap in football not baseball. This prevents NFL teams from going all Yankees in the NFL. There is no reason why the Chiefs can't compete unless injuries or incompetent leadership make that happen.