PDA

View Full Version : Poop Jay Cutler looking to get his ASS kicked

Kerberos
09-14-2012, 11:36 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/14/bears-fear-a-potential-cutler-mutiny/

Bears fear a potential Cutler mutiny

Posted by Mike Florio on September 14, 2012, 12:41 PM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/x350-116-e1347640871584.jpg?w=228

As if the Bears don’t suddenly have enough problems, they now have to fret about when and if the players will rise up against their petulant, James Dean-wannabe quarterback, Jay Cutler (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3608/jay-cutler).

Last night’s sideline incident (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/14/cutler-caught-on-camera-swearing-at-offensive-line/) with left tackle J’Marcus Webb (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5968/jmarcus-webb), which featured Cutler swearing at and bumping the much bigger Webb, has created concerns within the organization that the players could eventually turn on Cutler, for good. That’s what a source with direct knowledge of the situation tells PFT.

It’s not the first time a quarterback has had relationship issues in the locker room. We’ve heard for years that Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger) had been (and still may be) persona non grata in Pittsburgh. But the Bears are getting closer to the breaking point with Cutler, and the worry in the organization is that if it keeps up, something could go down.

loochy
Cassel > Cutler

jd1020
Stanzi for Cutler.

Pestilence
09-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Or the Bears could...you know....get him a fucking LT that doesn't fucking suck.

Thig Lyfe
09-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Cassel > Cutler

lolz

Von Dumbass
09-14-2012, 11:38 AM
If Jay demands a trade this offseason what would you want Pioli to give up to get him? Let's pretend that there are multiple teams are involved in wanting Jay's services.

King_Chief_Fan
09-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Or the Bears could...you know....get him a ****ing LT that doesn't ****ing suck.

no kidding

King_Chief_Fan
09-14-2012, 11:39 AM
If Jay demands a trade this offseason what would you want Pioli to give up to get him? Let's pretend that there are multiple teams are involved in wanting Jay's services.

he probably returns to Denver

dannybcaitlyn
09-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Offer them Cassel straight up!

loochy
09-14-2012, 11:41 AM
lolz

Cassel = Cutler?

TRR
09-14-2012, 11:43 AM
no kidding

It doesn't matter what you get Jay Cutler. People make more excuses for him than Matt Cassel. The guy is a CAREER loser. He was a losing QB in college (11-35) and nothing has changed in the NFL whether he has been with Denver or Chicago. He's Jeff George at best.

Fish
09-14-2012, 11:44 AM
I've been a Cutler fan in the past based on his abilities. But watching the game last night, he looked different. He looked like he was playing frustrated. Frustrated something fierce and it was affecting his play. He looked really different last night, and it reminded me of a Peyton Manning hissy fit...

htismaqe
09-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Cutler is a loser.

Thig Lyfe
09-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Cassel = Cutler?

Cutler could go into diabetic shock and still play better than Cassel on his best day.

htismaqe
09-14-2012, 11:46 AM
It doesn't matter what you get Jay Cutler. People make more excuses for him than Matt Cassel. The guy is a CAREER loser. He was a losing QB in college (11-35) and nothing has changed in the NFL whether he has been with Denver or Chicago. He's Jeff George at best.

:bravo:

King_Chief_Fan

I don't disagree, but come on, sacked 7 times and each and every turn there seemed to be no protection

jd1020
I've been a Cutler fan in the past based on his abilities. But watching the game last night, he looked different. He looked like he was playing frustrated. Frustrated something fierce and it was affecting his play. He looked really different last night, and it reminded me of a Peyton Manning hissy fit...

You take 7 sacks and see how cheery you are.

Von Dumbass
09-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Looking on PFF and Cutler was pressured on 21 of his 35 drop backs.

Some other QB's...

Peyton was pressured on 7 of his 29 drop backs
Cassel was pressured on 11 of his 37 drop backs
Brady was pressured on 12 of his 32 drop backs
Matt Ryan was pressured on 8 of his 35 drop backs

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2012, 11:50 AM
WAY too inconsistent. His play and attitude last night was a joke....so was the line play though.

gblowfish
09-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Cutler is a disease. Do Not Want.

loochy
09-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Cutler is a disease. Do Not Want.

Losing is a disease. Cassel is the cure.

Wait what?>

I got a fever and the only prescription is more Castle.

Huh?

BigMeatballDave
09-14-2012, 11:55 AM
His line was getting it's shit pushed in. Especially Web.

It's not unusual for QBs to get after teammates. Rodgers did at least once last night.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2012, 11:57 AM
That is true, but he loses his composure more often than most QB's.

Pestilence
09-14-2012, 11:58 AM
His line was getting it's shit pushed in. Especially Web.

It's not unusual for QBs to get after teammates. Rodgers did at least once last night.

This. The guy was getting hit a shit ton last night. The Packers did a great job of covering Marshall last night....and then the one time Cutler gets the ball to Marshall....he fucking drops it.

KC Tattoo
09-14-2012, 11:58 AM
You take 7 sacks and see how cheery you are.

Like the argument was made on NFLNET last night, that Aaron Rodgers was sacked 5 times. He didn't shit the bed. He did throw a pick but still plays consistant and able carry his team. Can't handle the duress and pressure then gtfo. Never does Cutler say "my bad" has he? Much like Cassel in this regards not his fault as the excuses go.

TRR
09-14-2012, 11:59 AM
I don't disagree, but come on, sacked 7 times and each and every turn there seemed to be no protection

Some of this is self inflicted. Cutler has always held on to the ball too long. Pocket awareness has been an issue of his for a long time. The guy thinks he is Ben Roethlisberger. First it was the offensive line in Chicago, then it was Mike Martz and how long he made Cutler hold the ball, and now it's back to the O-Line's fault. How may players do you want them to draft to make up for Cutler's inabilities? Chris Williams and Gabe Carimi come to mind as recent high draft picks on the O-Line.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2012, 12:00 PM
screw that, Cutler is garbage. Dude gave up 7 sacks last night and several INTS...

No way would I trade Damon Huard and Brodie Crolye for Cutler...

Von Dumbass
09-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Like the argument was made on NFLNET last night, that Aaron Rodgers was sacked 5 times. He didn't shit the bed. He did throw a pick but still plays consistant and able carry his team. Can't handle the duress and pressure then gtfo. Never does Cutler say "my bad" has he? Much like Cassel in this regards not his fault as the excuses go.

Rodgers was pressured 8 times out of 37 drop backs
Cutler was pressured 21 times out of 35 drop backs

Pestilence
09-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Some of this is self inflicted. Cutler has always held on to the ball too long. Pocket awareness has been an issue of his for a long time. The guy thinks he is Ben Roethlisberger. First it was the offensive line in Chicago, then it was Mike Martz and how long he made Cutler hold the ball, and now it's back to the O-Line's fault. How may players do you want them to draft to make up for Cutler's inabilities? Chris Williams and Gabe Carimi come to mind as recent high draft picks on the O-Line.

Chris Williams....who was a bust at LT and Gabe Carimi who is a RT. Great picks there.

Reerun_KC
You dont trade suck for suck...

Trading Cassel who is an equal suck to Cutler for Cutler gets you nothing but suck in return...

Von Dumbass
Big Ben was pressured 19 times out of his 46 drop backs against Denver

Pestilence
screw that, Cutler is garbage. Dude gave up 7 sacks last night and several INTS...

No way would I trade Damon Huard and Brodie Crolye for Cutler...

Cutler gave up those sacks? Seriously? :spock:

Detoxing
09-14-2012, 12:03 PM
But when Manning or Brady do it, it's because they're leaders and their spats become legendary and re-told on NFLN over and over and over.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Cutler gave up those sacks? Seriously? :spock:

Well how long do you expect the OL to block if Cutler wont throw the football?

KC Tattoo
09-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Rodgers was pressured 8 times out of 37 drop backs
Cutler was pressured 21 times out of 35 drop backs

The difference is in leadership. Rodgers will admit to a bad throw or decision and not throw his teammates under the bus during press coverage. He will get after his guys, but also calls himself out. The team respects guys like that. Not so much for just blaming the team around him.

Von Dumbass
09-14-2012, 12:06 PM
But when Manning or Brady do it, it's because they're leaders and their spats become legendary and re-told on NFLN over and over and over.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u_-Lypb5QZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chiefnj2
09-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Cutler tried to be a good teammate early in the game. He went over to Marshall and told him to forget about the drop. After being hit 11 some odd times in the first half gets a guy grumpy.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Anyone blaming this on Cutler did NOT watch the game last night.

Detoxing
09-14-2012, 12:11 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u_-Lypb5QZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yes, yes, we know.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2012, 12:12 PM

Wait this is CP. Its always the QB's Fault.... If you dont think its Cutlers fault then you are not a True Chiefs fan.

Poser.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I'm sure if Cassel went like 9-20 for 100 yards, picks, and took 7 sacks, the line would be valid to blame :rolleyes: GTFO of here with that shit. He sucked, his line sucked more.

vailpass
09-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Or the Bears could...you know....get him a ****ing LT that doesn't ****ing suck.

This. 7 sacks last night. On radio today I think I heard that last year that LT led league in offsides and sacks allowed (can't verify now). Bump him? cutler should have kicked him in the nuts.

O.city
09-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Maybe tice should have stopped calling for 7 step dropp long routes

vailpass
09-14-2012, 12:20 PM
You dont trade suck for suck...

Trading Cassel who is an equal suck to Cutler for Cutler gets you nothing but suck in return...

LMAO

rockymtnchief
09-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Cutler is a loser.

Bullshit!

Back in the day, Knowshit told me he was one of the mostest bestest...elite...among the likes of Manning, Brady, Tebow!

BigMeatballDave
09-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I'm sure if Cassel went like 9-20 for 100 yards, picks, and took 7 sacks, the line would be valid to blame :rolleyes: GTFO of here with that shit. He sucked, his line sucked more.

The difference here is we know what each QB is capable of.

Cassel doesn't have 50% of Cutler's arm.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Bullshit!

Back in the day, Knowshit told me he was one of the mostest bestest...elite...among the likes of Manning, Brady, Tebow!

Yeah he was Cutler69007 or some shit back then. Still a homer, but didn't go full tard till swinging from Slowshon's nutsack.

htismaqe

Of course, when you take that 1 game completely out of the context of Cutler's entire career...

As it is, Cutler is a loser.

Pasta Giant Meatball
The difference here is we know what each QB is capable of.

Cassel doesn't have 50% of Cutler's arm.

It's not about Cutler's arm....

BossChief
09-14-2012, 12:24 PM

truth

Mr. Laz
09-14-2012, 12:25 PM
When Manning yells and cusses at guys it's called 'leadership'

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2012, 12:25 PM
truth

Bullshit. Amazing the excuses opposing players get.

BigMeatballDave
09-14-2012, 12:26 PM
It's not about Cutler's arm....

So you think Cutler's pocket awareness is as bad as Cassel's?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2012, 12:27 PM

I don't think Cassel is better than him at all, but games like we saw last night are not out of the norm for him. Very inconsistent player. His flashes are as good as anybody in the game though.

Yeah, the line sucked not even arguing that.

qabbaan
09-14-2012, 12:28 PM
He's a loser. His attitude and his lack of leadership earn him no ones respect. The partying combined with his diabetes show he doesn't have the makeup a team leader should have. Denver was right to ship him out and the Bears were fools to pay so richly for him

BossChief
09-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Of course, when you take that 1 game completely out of the context of Cutler's entire career...

As it is, Cutler is a loser.

How about last year?

Or the year previous when he took the Bears to the NFCC game?

He lead one of the best teams in football until he got hurt the last couple seasons and he did so with almost no weapons on offense.

Lets not act like this game WASN'T an anomaly.

qabbaan
09-14-2012, 12:30 PM

You can't lead when no one respects you.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2012, 12:30 PM
You can't lead when no one respects you.

You mean pouting like a douche all the time doesn't earn respect...shocked I tell ya!!!

Mr. Laz
09-14-2012, 12:31 PM
noooooooooooooooooo ... according to CP a good QB doesn't need an Oline or WR's. They should move if the guy isn't block and they should throw it so hard that the ball embeds in the guys chest if the WR can't catch. A good QB doesn't need a good OC either because they should check out of any bad plays called. No defense, no problem ... a good QB just outscores the other team if needed.

CP rule 101: if a team loses it's the QB's fault ...... period.

Radar Chief
09-14-2012, 12:32 PM

When one has a long history of winning their supporting cast is more likely to put up with the attitude than if one doesn’t have that long history of winning.

htismaqe

He's mental toughness might actually be WORSE.

BigMeatballDave
Bullshit. Amazing the excuses opposing players get.

It's not an excuse.

There is a plethora of video here proving Matt is not a good QB.

You have to be blind to not see just how bad that OL was last night.

Cutler is not a great QB. I know this. But last night was not his fault.

htismaqe
09-14-2012, 12:33 PM
You mean pouting like a douche all the time doesn't earn respect...shocked I tell ya!!!

This.

BigMeatballDave
09-14-2012, 12:35 PM
He's mental toughness might actually be WORSE.

Doubtful.

Other than durability, Cassel is weak in every aspect.

I'd trade Matt for Jay in a nanosecond.

Johnny Vegas
09-14-2012, 12:35 PM
the fact that it was a divisional game with the Packers didn't surprise me of the result. Rodgers looked terrible, but at least his receivers caught the ball. Its Bears Packers ballgame. Was going to be a defensive effort all night and it was.

Demonpenz
09-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Cutler is one big meal away from a Coma anyways.

Kerberos
09-14-2012, 12:38 PM
When Cu*tler becomes an ELITE passer such as Rogers, Brady or Manning and EARNS respect from his team mates he might be able to get away with some shit like this. But he is far and away from being that level. Does he have the potential?? Maybe.. but with an attitude like his he is destined to be Jeff George crybaby that no one wants around because of the cancer he spreads. Put me in the NO FRIGGN way I want Cu*tller on my team group.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2012, 12:40 PM

Yes.

Last night the dude had the fucking ball glued to his hand Clifford Franklin style...

O.city
09-14-2012, 12:41 PM
While Cutlers oline was awful last night, it's amazing the double standard around here for other teams vs the Chiefs and Matt Cassel.

TEX
09-14-2012, 12:45 PM
When Cu*tler becomes an ELITE passer such as Rogers, Brady or Manning and EARNS respect from his team mates he might be able to get away with some shit like this. But he is far and away from being that level. Does he have the potential?? Maybe.. but with an attitude like his he is destined to be Jeff George crybaby that no one wants around because of the cancer he spreads. Put me in the NO FRIGGN way I want Cu*tller on my team group.

I'd take him in a SECOND over Matt Cassel. And if my line sucked ass as bad as the Bears did last night, you can bet I'd be all up in an O-lineman's face face about it as well.

The thing I don't like about him though is he does seem a bit mentally fragile. But damn - he's got one hell of a cannon for an arm.

bricks
09-14-2012, 12:45 PM
This may sound stupid, but I would rather have Matt Cassel then Jay Cutler.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2012, 12:46 PM
I'd take him in a SECOND over Matt Cassel. And if my line sucked ass as bad as the Bears did last night, you can bet I'd be all up in an O-lineman's face face about it as well.

The thing I don't like about him though is he does seem a bit mentally fragile. But damn - he's got one hell of a cannon for an arm.

Bring back Jeff George Dammit!!!!!:cuss:

Demonpenz
09-14-2012, 12:48 PM

This is an opinon you wrote on chiefsplanet.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2012, 12:48 PM

I would rather pass on both of them and draft a QB...

Both lick the taint of thier centers during film sessions.

Frazod
09-14-2012, 12:50 PM
That is true, but he loses his composure more often than most QB's.

Another thing I notice about Cutler is how often he's pictured standing by himself on the sideline. Doesn't seem interested in the game or his teammates. Just stands around with that glazed look on his face.

Don't like him. Never have. Reminds me of George. Also reminds me of Grbac. Those aren't good people to be compared to.

CoMoChief
09-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Cassel > Cutler

LMAO you must be high.

Mr. Laz
09-14-2012, 12:59 PM

LMAO you must be high.
not really ... Cutler is Jeff George-ish

tremendous talent but also a team destroyer

one step short of Ryan Leaf

Cassel is only as good as the team around him

BigMeatballDave
09-14-2012, 12:59 PM

It's certainly sounds stupid, and I have to assume you're on crack.

Sorter
09-14-2012, 01:00 PM
I think that A) Cutler played poorly last night and B) His o-line is terrible. I mean just god-awful.

I also think that you know what you're getting with Cutler. Someone who throws picks, stays in the pocket too long, but looks down field and is trying to make plays.
I think we've seen enough good performances from Jay to know that he does have talent.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2012, 01:01 PM
It's certainly sounds stupid, and I have to assume you're on crack.

I need to be drugged tested... BECAUSE I would rather have neither than either....

Cutler hasnt done shit to make me or anyone else believe he should be a Chief...

htismaqe
not really ... Cutler is Jeff George-ish

tremendous talent but also a team destroyer

Cassel is only as good as the team around him

I won't bring Cassel into it at all since that pisses Laz off so much. :)

In all seriousness, I wouldnt' take Cutler as my QB under pretty much any circumstance. He's not a guy you build a TEAM around because he doesn't seem to understand the term.

Sorter
Cutler is one big meal away from a Coma anyways.

ROFLROFLROFL

mcaj22
09-14-2012, 01:02 PM
all that talent being wasted on that Bears defense, lol. And i thought the Chiefs had it bad.

At least Forte got his money before this burning ship truly sinks this season. Good looking out Forte

Mr. Laz
09-14-2012, 01:04 PM
In all seriousness, I wouldnt' take Cutler as my QB under pretty much any circumstance. He's not a guy you build a TEAM around because he doesn't seem to understand the term.
that was kinda my point as well

htismaqe
09-14-2012, 01:06 PM
all that talent being wasted on that Bears defense, lol. And i thought the Chiefs had it bad.

At least Forte got his money before this burning ship truly sinks this season. Good looking out Forte

Unfortunately, it looks like Forte, although through no fault of his own, is going to be part of the problem. Dude just cannot stay healthy.

O.city
09-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Forte with a HAS last night. Not good for him.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2012, 01:08 PM

Its like do you want to die with a red hot aids anvil shoved up your ass or would you rather have a red hot aids anvil shoved up your ass?

Neither sound pleasant.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-14-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't blame him. Block for my ass. That's what you get paid to do. If my offensive line was constantly getting owned I'm not gonna Cassel it and just be like oh it's ok we got this. I'm a franchise QB mother fuckers. Protect me so I can earn my pay. I wouldn't have done it if the line wasn't getting owned the way they were last night. That was embarrasing.

Frazod
09-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Cassel has everything but actual talent.

Cutler has nothing but actual talent.

I think in the end, though, they'll both get you to the same bad place.

Kerberos
09-14-2012, 01:11 PM

But deep down EVEN LAZ has to know that Cassel sucks serious Azz.

If the stars were completely aligned and Cassel found a pot of gold in his azz when coming close to the end of a rainbow then he might have a big snowballs chance in hell of "Dilfering" the Chiefs all the way to a SB win. Then again I could win the lottery and Clayton could find a girlfriend that doesn't take visa.

O.city
09-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Can we put Cassel and Cutler in a mixing pot, stir them up and take the combination?

htismaqe
09-14-2012, 01:13 PM
But deep down EVEN LAZ has to know that Cassel sucks serious Azz.

If the stars were completely aligned and Cassel found a pot of gold in his azz when coming close to the end of a rainbow then he might have a big snowballs chance in hell of "Dilfering" the Chiefs all the way to a SB win. Then again I could win the lottery and Clayton could find a girlfriend that doesn't take visa.

Laz knows Cassel isn't any good.

Laz' beef is that people tend to turn every Chiefs thread here into a bitchfest about Cassel.

-King-
09-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Jay Cutler is Ryan Leaf but with mediocre success.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2012, 01:16 PM

Laz' beef is that people tend to turn every Chiefs thread here into a bitchfest about Cassel.

Or he is calling out people for blaming everything on Cassel, just because its Cassel. But when QB X does it, well its someone elses fault... NOT QB X's fault, cause he isnt Cassel...

Its the hiprocity oath of being a CP member.

-King-
09-14-2012, 01:17 PM
How about last year?

Or the year previous when he took the Bears to the NFCC game?

He lead one of the best teams in football until he got hurt the last couple seasons and he did so with almost no weapons on offense.

Lets not act like this game WASN'T an anomaly.

He did the same thing Cassel is criticized for here. He checked down to Forte every play.

BigMeatballDave
09-14-2012, 01:21 PM
I need to be drugged tested... BECAUSE I would rather have neither than either....

Cutler hasnt done shit to make me or anyone else believe he should be a Chief...

Well, there are several QBs I'd take before Cutler.

Cassel certainly is not one of them.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Well, there are several QBs I'd take before Cutler.

Cassel certainly is not one of them.

Agree... I put Cutler and Cassel in the same shitty class...

BigMeatballDave
09-14-2012, 01:22 PM

Cassel sucks

Reerun_KC
09-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Cutler SUCKS

TEX
09-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Agree... I put Cutler and Cassel in the same shitty class...

Ok - but Cassel's shit smells worse.

ptlyon
09-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Hey, he can't throw it & catch it too...

RaiderH8r
09-14-2012, 01:59 PM
What's Webb going to do? Continue to not block people? That guy is dogshit and should be embarassed to show himself in the film room. He was made Clay Matthews' prison bitch.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Ok - but Cassel's shit smells worse.

Hey thats between you and Cassel...

PhatAzzCrennel
09-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Imagine Cassel with the Bears O-line lmao

HemiEd
09-14-2012, 02:59 PM
This. The guy was getting hit a shit ton last night. The Packers did a great job of covering Marshall last night....and then the one time Cutler gets the ball to Marshall....he ****ing drops it.

Doesn't it just bring a smile to your face when Marshall is Marshall and Cutler is Cutler? The bad news, they aren't in Denver any longer.

Chiefaholic
09-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Cassel > Cutler

LMAO

Cassel > Ummm...Uhhh... :shrug:

Gravedigger
09-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Jay Cutler has always been a little bitch. Philip Rivers has always been a little bitch. Both of them will never win Superbowls unless their defense carries them to it.

htismaqe
09-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Jay Cutler has always been a little bitch. Philip Rivers has always been a little bitch. Both of them will never win Superbowls unless their defense carries them to it.

Yep.

BigMeatballDave
09-14-2012, 03:22 PM
never win Superbowls unless their defense carries them to it.

That's how Peyton won.

qabbaan
09-14-2012, 03:25 PM
He is better than Cassel but it doesn't matter.

Jayvis Cutlerbac, no thanks.

Kerberos
09-15-2012, 11:37 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/15/ex-bears-teammate-ogunleye-questions-cutlers-leadership/

Ex-Bears teammate Ogunleye questions Cutler’s leadership

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 15, 2012, 8:28 PM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/cutler-e1328636380125.jpg?w=250 AP

The talk that Jay Cutler (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3608/jay-cutler)’s teammates could turn on him (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/14/bears-fear-a-potential-cutler-mutiny/) if the Bears’ quarterback doesn’t become a better leader has been bolstered by a former teammate who was a co-captain of the Bears with Cutler three years ago.

Adewale Ogunleye, a retired defensive end who along with Cutler was one of the Bears’ captains in 2009, said on WSCR in Chicago that Cutler had no right to yell at his offensive linemen in the Bears’ loss to the Packers, because Cutler wasn’t playing much of a game himself.

“f you live in a glass house, you can’t throw any stones (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-former-bears-captain-rips-into-cutler-20120914,0,559595.story),” Ogunleye said, via the [I]Chicago Tribune. “So the way I am looking at the game, no one is yelling at Jay when he is throwing the ball three [actually four] times to their defenders. And you’ve got to have some sense of accountability. At the end of the day, you start losing the respect of your teammates, you start losing the respect of that offensive line when publicly you’re bumping people and yelling at them in their face. I don’t think it is the right thing to do.”

Ogunleye suggested that another Bears leader, perhaps Brian Urlacher (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2410/brian-urlacher), will have to sit Cutler down and tell him to knock off the hollering at his linemen.

“The team is going to have to police itself,” Ogunleye said. “Maybe Brian will have to say something. The more you yell at them, the more pressure you are putting on your own teammate.”

Ogunleye, who spent 11 seasons in the NFL, said that the NFL’s elite quarterbacks are better at relating to their teammates than Cutler is.
“There is no good to Jay, there is no smiling,” Ogunleye said. “All we see is when he is pissed off, when he is angry and that reflects in the way people might view him in the locker room. But a guy like Peyton Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning) and Tom Brady (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1163/tom-brady), genuinely they are nice people and they overextend themselves. Tom Brady can be the biggest diva in the world – he has that right, he has won Super Bowls – but he is not that guy. I think that is why he is even more likeable.”

If Ogunleye is to be believed, there are players in the Bears’ locker room who don’t find Cutler likeable.