PDA

View Full Version : Poop Man pays for traffic ticket in 127 origami pigs in a Dunkin' Donuts box

ReynardMuldrake
09-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Youtuber bacon moose got a ticket in a town "where the cops (and absurd redlight cameras) are pretty much a money trap and that's it." So what did he do? He decided to pay the ticket in "an appropriate manner". Debit card? Oh no -- ol' bacon moose folded $137 in singles into pigs (because pig is slang for a copper!) and delivered them in doughnut boxes (because the po-po love donuts!). Unfortunately, it took the poor bastard six hours to fold all those pigs. Bacon moose, ladies and gentlemen -- the king of pranks!

http://i.imgur.com/OuWDX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GePQb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rqd8B.jpg

http://www.geekologie.com/2012/09/good-one-guy-pays-ticket-with-137-in-1-o.php

http://gizmodo.com/5943275/why-you-dont-pay-a-ticket-with-137-dollar-bills-folded-into-origami-pigs

Saulbadguy
09-14-2012, 12:00 PM
That's pretty awesome.

Dayze
09-14-2012, 12:05 PM
bravo. 'tis awesome.

thebrad84
09-14-2012, 12:05 PM
What an awesome waste of time..

Dayze
09-14-2012, 12:07 PM
he probalby folded them all while reading Ass, Nothing But Ass thread.

GordonGekko
09-14-2012, 12:12 PM
What an awesome waste of time..

How about it made national news stories and is being discussed on messageboards all over the internet. 6 hours of work to prove an awesome point and become a folk hero and internet celebrity, I'd say NOT a waste of time.

Hog Farmer
09-14-2012, 12:26 PM
I approve !

KChiefer
09-14-2012, 12:36 PM
"Bacon Moose was subsequently arrested for distributing trace amounts of cocaine..."

Kerberos
09-14-2012, 12:42 PM
I approve ! It may be near impossible to jack-off an origami pig???

Micjones
09-14-2012, 12:47 PM
That redlight camera shit is a racket.
The evidence that it makes streets safer is inconclusive at best.
Good for him.

Frazod
09-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Good for him.

They actually removed the red light cameras in my town, which shocked the hell out of me.

Radar Chief
09-14-2012, 01:01 PM
That redlight camera shit is a racket.The evidence that it makes streets safer is inconclusive at best.
Good for him.

A racket like you don't even know.

Radar Chief
09-14-2012, 01:02 PM
They actually removed the red light cameras in my town, which shocked the hell out of me.

Must not have been generating enough revenue.

durtyrute
09-14-2012, 01:02 PM

So are you saying he has three arms and hands?

Luke Warm
09-14-2012, 01:11 PM
This is fantastic. LMAO

RockChalk
09-14-2012, 01:16 PM
How about it made national news stories and is being discussed on messageboards all over the internet. 6 hours of work to prove an awesome point and become a folk hero and internet celebrity, I'd say NOT a waste of time.

And what exactly is this "awesome point" you speak of? Dude ran a red light, got caught and fined for it. It's really not even all that funny. Traffic tickets are not paid at the police station, so it really doesn't make sense either.

And if you took the time to read one of the articles, you would know that the guy had to sit there and unfold all 137 of his little pigs before the collection agent would process the payment. He's more of a dumbass than a folk hero or instant celebrity. But good try.

Dayze
09-14-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm going to Rock Chalk a swan oragami.

evolve27
09-14-2012, 01:29 PM
That is pretty badass.

Micjones
09-14-2012, 01:34 PM
A racket like you don't even know.

Generates right around $3 milli in Kansas City on an annual basis.

Dayze
09-14-2012, 01:34 PM
So are you saying he has three arms and hands?

he had 3 arms and NO hands. Which makes it all the more impressive.

Radar Chief
09-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Generates right around $3 milli in Kansas City on an annual basis.

Not surprising, thatís what these things are for.
Theyíre installed with the expectation that they will generate X amount of revenue. If a particular intersection isnít generating the revenue that was anticipated they will tweek the duration of the yellow light until they start getting the revenue that was expected.
Notice that some yellow lights have gotten to where they switch to red quicker? This would be why.

Micjones
09-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Not surprising, that’s what these things are for.
They’re installed with the expectation that they will generate X amount of revenue. If a particular intersection isn’t generating the revenue that was anticipated they will tweek the duration of the yellow light until they start getting the revenue that was expected.
Notice that some yellow lights have gotten to where they switch to red quicker? This would be why.

I noticed that right off the bat.

In OPKS, there's a light at 110th and Metcalf (east end) that changes so fast it's laughable.
You can be first in that line and still struggle to get across.

Over time people have learned you only get a ticket if you're not in the intersection when the light goes red.
That leads to people punching it through the yellow lights to clear an intersection. That doesn't spell "safer" to me.

Chief Gump
09-14-2012, 02:19 PM
They don't have the cameras here in town but they have been putting a lot of those timers on intersections so you know when it is going to turn yellow. They should be forced to put those timers into intersections where they have those cameras. It would help tremendously.

Ace Gunner
09-14-2012, 02:20 PM
awesome

listopencil
09-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Not surprising, that’s what these things are for.
They’re installed with the expectation that they will generate X amount of revenue. If a particular intersection isn’t generating the revenue that was anticipated they will tweek the duration of the yellow light until they start getting the revenue that was expected.

I would never suggest that someone vandalize the light to the point that it was destroyed or nonoperational.

Bump
09-14-2012, 04:58 PM
bravo!

Detoxing
09-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Good for him.

A can of clear coat over your plates will fix any red light camera issues you may have.

qabbaan
09-14-2012, 05:15 PM
He should probably get used to traffic tickets.

ZootedGranny
09-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Neckbeard spends 4+ hours making origami to prove a point, then is shamed by the teller and a cop and awkwardly has to unfold all of the money. What a dipshit.

LiveSteam
09-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Give me Bacon or give me death

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2012, 05:45 PM
6 hours......FAIL

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 08:48 PM
6 hours......FAIL

If you haven't wasted 6 hours of your life on something less fruitful than this then you haven't actually lived.

You ever spent 6 hours trying to get laid and it didn't work out? Of course you have.

Point made.

Bugeater
09-14-2012, 08:52 PM
A can of clear coat over your plates will fix any red light camera issues you may have.
The Mythbusters busted that one.

Fried Meat Ball!
09-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Neckbeard spends 4+ hours making origami to prove a point, then is shamed by the teller and a cop and awkwardly has to unfold all of the money. What a dipshit.

I'm not sure they could have forced him to unfold it. It's usable, and it's legal U.S. tender. They have to take the cash.

Bugeater
09-14-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm not sure they could have forced him to unfold it. It's usable, and it's legal U.S. tender. They have to take the cash.
This. What were they going to do if he just set it down and walked out? Arrest him?

Fried Meat Ball!
09-14-2012, 09:05 PM
This. What were they going to do if he just set it down and walked out? Arrest him?

I don't know if he could have just walked out, but I do think he could have told them that by federal law they're required to take his cash for settlement of all debts, and their two choices are give him a receipt for the paid fine and accept his cash or agree to cancel the debt.

Dave Lane
09-15-2012, 07:45 AM

It would be really hard to fold them with one hand I'd think.

Backwards Masking
09-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Not surprising, thatís what these things are for.
Theyíre installed with the expectation that they will generate X amount of revenue. If a particular intersection isnít generating the revenue that was anticipated they will tweek the duration of the yellow light until they start getting the revenue that was expected.

ive noticed since they installed cameras on the 65 mile an hour state highway intersections near my house that they dont just turn red when someone on a side street needs to turn left onto the highway - they turn red every 2 minutes no matter what.

the other night i was driving home at 2 in the morning I hit three red lights in a row at intersections NOBODY WAS AT. 65 to zero, back to 65, to zero, back to 65, to zero. anyone know what that does to your MPH? let alone your time?

but our government is using out tax dollars to "help us" by making our intersections "safer" while doing everything they can to "reduce out dependence on forgein oil"

yeah fucking right...

Luke Warm
09-15-2012, 08:38 AM
The guy videotaped the whole thing LMAO

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4yTBHCNHaQo

jd1020
09-15-2012, 08:51 AM
The guy videotaped the whole thing LMAO

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4yTBHCNHaQo

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4yTBHCNHaQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"He's the sole survivor of the great dollar pig massacre of 2012."

MahiMike
09-15-2012, 09:52 AM
He used the time he saved speeding on this project.

Radar Chief
09-15-2012, 10:07 AM
I don't know if he could have just walked out, but I do think he could have told them that by federal law they're required to take his cash for settlement of all debts, and their two choices are give him a receipt for the paid fine and accept his cash or agree to cancel the debt.

I'd think if he just walked out they wouldn't file his fine as paid and he'd be out the money.
Do they "have" to accept payment like that? If one wanted to press it they might wind up in traffic court and a judge might not see the humor in it that we do.

Radar Chief
09-15-2012, 10:12 AM
ive noticed since they installed cameras on the 65 mile an hour state highway intersections near my house that they dont just turn red when someone on a side street needs to turn left onto the highway - they turn red every 2 minutes no matter what.

the other night i was driving home at 2 in the morning I hit three red lights in a row at intersections NOBODY WAS AT. 65 to zero, back to 65, to zero, back to 65, to zero. anyone know what that does to your MPH? let alone your time?

but our government is using out tax dollars to "help us" by making our intersections "safer" while doing everything they can to "reduce out dependence on forgein oil"

yeah ****ing right...

MPG? Yea, stop and go like that kills it.
Unless you're driving a hybrid, that's what they thrive on.

GloryDayz
09-15-2012, 10:35 AM
LOL, this is soooooo awesome. Like it or not, it's funny that the cop who's called in is a fatass! I find it a little concerning that cities (it's not the cops!) who see these cameras as money makers. No matter what you think, they force a divide between law enforcement and the public. Exactly what law enforcement doesn't need. As for things being manipulated, I'm still on the fence. If just one person who's in the in the know spills their guts, and a lot of people's careers are up in smoke. But they certainly do setup situations where the chances of mistakes are high. I know in Westchester, IL there's a red-light camera that has a "No right turn on red" sign - it's just a 1/2 mile back!!! All the locals know about it, so it's the occasional visitor (like me) who get bitten by it. So locals are safe, visitors mail $70 back later.

I guess they got $70 and a laugh. Unfortunately Mr. Mayor (of Westchester) we have options for cities we meet in. And we find yours visitor unfriendly. That perhaps was an expensive $70 for your city, nobody wants to come back. But it's safer without us driving on your streets, eating in your restaurants, staying in your hotels, and PAYING TAXES IN YOUR CITY... Maybe someday (after that camera is out) we may change our opinion. :)

Donuts... LOL!

pimpchief
09-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Cops are just doing their jobs like everyone else. This guy fails at life.

Sully
09-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Seems like a lot of time to spend on something that's only, at best, marginally funny.