PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Notebook:Baldwin may be bigger part of game plan Sunday

Pages : [1] 2

Tribal Warfare
09-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Baldwin may be bigger part of game plan Sunday (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/14/3815759/baldwin-may-be-bigger-part-of.html)
By RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star
Chiefs wide receiver Jon Baldwin could be a bigger part of the game plan on Sunday at Buffalo, said offensive coordinator Brian Daboll.

Baldwin, who was a standout during training camp, saw limited action in last week’s season opening loss to Atlanta and was not the target of any passes. Daboll said Atlanta’s two-deep zones were more favorable for throwing to the tight ends in the middle of the field as opposed to throwing to wide receivers on the sidelines.

“Each week is a different week with different defenses that guys face,” Daboll said. “Sometimes there are spots in the middle of the field that we’re working a little bit. The tight ends had some passes; (slot receiver) Dexter McCluster had some passes.”

Indeed, McCluster caught a team-leading six passes; tight end Tony Moeaki had three; and tight end Kevin Boss had two catches, including a 22-yard touchdown on a post pattern.

“Sometimes there’s more single (safety coverage) where you work outside,” Daboll said. “You don’t want to force issues. There are different formations you can use to move around guys. We were in a little bit no huddle and going fairly quick.

“Jon has had a positive attitude throughout camp. He had a positive attitude after this game. We’ll see what happens this week.”

Daboll returns home

Chiefs offensive coordinator Brian Daboll was born across the border from Buffalo in Welland, Ontario, but grew up in Buffalo, attended St. Francis High School in Buffalo and started for two seasons at safety at nearby University of Rochester.

Best of all, as an assistant at New England (2001-06), New York Jets (2007-08), Cleveland (2009-10) and Miami (2011), his teams are 8-3 in games at Buffalo.

“It’s good to go home,” Daboll said. “But we’re going there for a reason.”

As a teenager, Daboll was a big fan of the Bills’ four Super Bowl teams during 1990-1993.

“Those were some fun years when the team was winning,” Daboll said. “They had good support. I have fond memories from back in the day when I was a youngster.”

Pioli appointed to council

Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli is one of 13 appointees by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to the Bill Walsh NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship Advisory Council. The concept was introduced by the late Bill Walsh to expose minority college coaches to the NFL’s methods and philosophies.

The 13-member council comprised of club presidents, general managers, head coaches and assistant coaches will focus on developing a pipeline of minority coaches, including former NFL players pursuing opportunities in the coaching profession.

“It is imperative we continue to create opportunities, not only in coaching but in every other aspect of the league,” Pioli said. “This fellowship program is important as long as we continue to teach and mentor individuals with one basic premise in mind, to educate.”

Draughn fined

Chiefs running back Shaun Draughn was fined $7,875 for unnecessary roughness against Atlanta during Sunday’s loss at Arrowhead Stadium. Draughn got into a pushing match with Atlanta’s Christopher Owens in the fourth quarter.

Bills’ Dareus ‘focused’

Buffalo defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, who missed one day of practice to be with his family in Alabama after the murder of his younger brother in a triple shooting last weekend, will play on Sunday against the Chiefs.

“I got caught up with everything and got acclimated with the game plan,” Dareus told reporters in Buffalo. “I am focused. I know I have a lot of things going on off the field, but I am here and ready to play. I have 60-more brothers here and ready to support me as well.”

Injury update

The Chiefs said nose tackle Anthony Toribio (ankle), safety Kendrick Lewis (shoulder), and defensive lineman Allen Bailey (ankle) were limited in practice on Friday, while wide receiver Devon Wylie (hamstring) did not practice. It’s doubtful any of them will be available on Sunday.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Sugar coated crap.

First-round pick WRs don't play 12 goddamn passing snaps in their second year unless they're edging on bust status.

Fucking Chiefs.

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 05:42 PM
He sure as fuck couldn't be any less a part of the game plan than he was last week.

Hell... one target would make him a bigger part of the game plan.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Rag Planet

lewdog
09-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Let's fucking hope so because something must be terribly wrong with a first round WR who is barely seeing the playing field in only his second year on a shitty team.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 05:49 PM
The 13-member council comprised of club presidents, general managers, head coaches and assistant coaches will focus on developing a pipeline of minority coaches, including former NFL players pursuing opportunities in the coaching profession.

“It is imperative we continue to create opportunities, not only in coaching but in every other aspect of the league,” Pioli said. “This fellowship program is important as long as we continue to teach and mentor individuals with one basic premise in mind, to educate.”

I'm glad Pioli is wasting time trying to find the next Herm Edwards instead of winning fucking games for the Chiefs.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Right now he's behind 2 former 1000 yard recievers, so it's not like they have shit starting over him.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Daboll said Atlanta’s two-deep zones were more favorable for throwing to the tight ends in the middle of the field as opposed to throwing to wide receivers on the sidelines.

2012 Kansas City Chiefs: Kevin Boss > Jon Baldwin

:facepalm:

Bump
09-14-2012, 05:53 PM
if he gets thrown to one time, he will be a bigger part of the game plan this time.

That's a pretty ambitious article, lol

the Talking Can
09-14-2012, 05:55 PM
daboll decided in advance not to throw to our first round WR?

because he's only good against certain defenses...our first round WR....

i'm going to pretend that I didn't read that our OC gave up before the game started and called t strategy....

Cephalic Trauma
09-14-2012, 05:57 PM

Daboll>Some repetitive punk only valued for his gifs

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Daboll>Some repetitive punk only valued for his gifs

He won't be here next year.

I WILL.

BossChief
09-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Sugar coated crap.

First-round pick WRs don't play 12 goddamn passing snaps in their second year unless they're edging on bust status.

Fucking Chiefs.

Haha, troll on.

Cephalic Trauma

I WILL.

Be where, exactly?

Doesn't make sense.

Hog Farmer
Sugar coated crap.

****ing Chiefs.

Your crap is getting old brother ! :cuss:

BossChief
09-14-2012, 06:06 PM
daboll decided in advance not to throw to our first round WR?

because he's only good against certain defenses...our first round WR....

i'm going to pretend that I didn't read that our OC gave up before the game started and called t strategy....

Haha

You guys crack me up sometimes.

OMG. Our offensive coordinator game planned to attack the defenses weaknesses instead of going after their strengths.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Be where, exactly?

Doesn't make sense.

Brian Daboll won't be in Kansas City next year.

I WILL.

I ENDURE.

SWEAR TO ME.

http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/SWEAR+TO+ME+_a8010a16ed90ce46d328631750c46a18.gif

the Talking Can
09-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Haha

You guys crack me up sometimes.

OMG. Our offensive coordinator game planned to attack the defenses weaknesses instead of going after their strengths.

there is no ****ing excuse for benching a first round WR because of someone else's scheme..jesus

and why was Bowe targeted? how is it possible this magic scheme only negated Baldwin and not Bowe?

and more importantly, how did that plan work out for us you ****ing genius?

BossChief
09-14-2012, 06:11 PM
I mean, really.

Does ANYONE think we would have had a chance at beating Atlanta by Cassel throwing outside the numbers with the quality of their corners?

We scored 24 against a very good defense and people bitch about how we did it.

Nightfyre
09-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Baldwin was getting pretty good separation when he was on the field. He was never Cassel's primary read though.

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 06:14 PM
I mean, really.

Does ANYONE think we would have had a chance at beating Atlanta by Cassel throwing .

No

BossChief
09-14-2012, 06:15 PM
there is no ****ing excuse for benching a first round WR because of someone else's scheme..jesus

and why was Bowe targeted? how is it possible this magic scheme only negated Baldwin and not Bowe?

and more importantly, how did that plan work out for us you ****ing genius?

24 points against a good defense.

The only part I would have changed was using Baldwin in the second half a few times to open things up a little and change it up on them.

Remember, Daboll is working with Matt Cassel FFS.

the Talking Can
09-14-2012, 06:17 PM

The only part I would have changed was using Baldwin in the second half a few times to open things up a little and change it up on them.

Remember, Daboll is working with Matt Cassel FFS.

right, you can't answer the questions either....

and we scored 17 points

who gives a shit if we score a last second TD when they're up 40-17? You, apparently

when we need to score we couldn't...and you think this is awesome

the Talking Can
09-14-2012, 06:18 PM
here's a list of top WRs in the league that get benched by their OC's becuase of the other team's scheme:

Pasta Giant Meatball
here's a list of top WRs in the league that get benched by their OC's becuase of the other team's scheme:

OK, that was pretty good LMAO

pr_capone

LMAO

ILChief
Baldwin was getting pretty good separation when he was on the field. He was never Cassel's primary read though.

If he is not the primary read or the emergency dump off, he will never get any passes thrown to him

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 06:19 PM

You are NOT ALLOWED to count GARBAGE TIME SCORES.

Cephalic Trauma
09-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Brian Daboll won't be in Kansas City next year.

I WILL.

I ENDURE.

SWEAR TO ME.

http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/SWEAR+TO+ME+_a8010a16ed90ce46d328631750c46a18.gif

Being a socially awkward poster on a message board makes you part of the team. This message board never fails to produce

Deberg_1990
09-14-2012, 06:20 PM

I WILL.

Get a life dude

Hog Farmer
09-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Eachus had wide open opportunities against Atlanta so it really doesn't matter who is past 10 yards past scrimmage.

Nightfyre
09-14-2012, 06:21 PM
If he is not the primary read or the emergency dump off, he will never get any passes thrown to him

It's sad, but the truth. I hate Matt Cassel. I can't even FATHOM to imagine how good this offense would be with a QB who spreads the ball around. The rushing attack, spread of weapons and offensive line.... But. Matt Cassel. Sweet.

BossChief
09-14-2012, 06:26 PM

I guess I'm not that worried about the fact that Breaston (a1000 receiver in his own right) started over Baldwin in the first game.

BoneKrusher
09-14-2012, 06:27 PM
It's sad, but the truth. I hate Matt Cassel. I can't even FATHOM to imagine how good this offense would be with a QB who spreads the ball around. The rushing attack, spread of weapons and offensive line.... But. Matt Cassel. Sweet.

we had a taste of what that's like last year with Orton, maybe we'll see that next year unless Quinn gets a shot this season and proves he can play with this cast of WR's.

Nightfyre
09-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Quinn isn't any better than Cassel. Don't kid yourself. We need to draft and develop a legit QB. Russell Wilson would have been a perfect fit, imo. That kid is going to be a guy who gets by on his QB smarts and his accuracy.

pr_capone
I guess I'm not that worried about the fact that Breaston (a1000 receiver in his own right) started over Baldwin in the first game.

You keep saying 1k receiver like it means jack shit.

He did it... ONCE. 1,006 yards. That was in a season where Boldin missed 4 games. Otherwise he stays at his typical 700yds.

PS, Boldin played 4 fewer games and still had more yards than Stevie B.

Count Zarth

You're not worried about anything lately.

We hired Romeo? BossChief wasn't worried.

We renewed wedding vows with Cassel? BossChief wasn't worried.

We got our ass beat in preseason? BossChief wasn't worried.

We got our ass beat in Week 1? BossChief wasn't worried.

God damn, dude.

The day YOU are worried about this season is the day Pioli is utterly and completely fucked.

I look forward to it.

BoneKrusher
09-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Quinn isn't any better than Cassel. Don't kid yourself. We need to draft and develop a legit QB. Russell Wilson would have been a perfect fit, imo. That kid is going to be a guy who gets by on his QB smarts and his accuracy.

well at least if Quinn gets a shot we'll be starting a 1st round pick instead of a Backup who couldn't even start in college.

the Talking Can
09-14-2012, 06:33 PM

i guess if you aren't going to answer my questions just shut the fuck up and stop changing the subject...

stonedstooge
09-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Dumbass=Daboll

the Talking Can
09-14-2012, 06:41 PM
contrary to what some fans believe, we lost...we got our faces stomped in - at home - by a superior franchise with a superior QB and superior coaches...

we scored 17 points that mattered...we shit the bed on offense in the second half

and now we find out our OC decided in advance that our first round pick WR would not be targeted, because the other team chose to cover him...

in a game we needed points, in a half we accomplished nothing, our first round pick had been negated - not by the other team, by our coach

so, is Baldwin that much of a worthless ****ing pussy?

or is Daboll that big of a ****ing idiot?

and where the hell is Crennel when this idiocy is happening real time?

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 06:42 PM
He won't tell us the truth.

Which is....

1. Deep threat WRs are not effective with Matt Cassel.

2. Baldwin isn't very good, anyway.

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Sugar coated crap.

****ing Chiefs.

Are you really trying to become the biggest piece of shit on CP?

If so feel good because all of your hard work is paying off and you are obtaining your goal.

Nightfyre
09-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Claythan is just sticking to his same tired formula: Pick a player and take a polarizing position on said player. This place was WAY more tolerable without him when he was on his pre-season break.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Claythan is just sticking to his same tired formula: Pick a player and take a polarizing position on said player. This place was WAY more tolerable without him when he was on his pre-season break.

Explain what's good about Allen Bailey.

Marcellus

No the funniest part is he is trying to say Baldwin is a bust to detract from the fact he was so wrong about DMC. It's a diversion.

I predicted this before it started, not that he would say Baldwin was a bust but that he would come up with a way him being wrong about DMC was a bigger issue for the Chiefs than him being right.

Well here it is.

And Talking Can't is now hanging off his nutsack.

the Talking Can
Crennel: "Hey, Brian, we're getting our asses kicked why the fuck is our first round daft pick sitting on the sidelines?"

Daboll: "Duh...becuase if we put him out there they will cover him"

Crennel: "Oh...right...good call"

Daboll: "No problem...wait, one more thing...all our players are depressed because of a missed FG"

Crennel: "Perfectly understandable...we'll try to win next week"

Nightfyre
09-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Explain what's good about Allen Bailey.

:rolleyes:

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 06:52 PM
No the funniest part is he is trying to say Baldwin is a bust to detract from the fact he was so wrong about DMC. It's a diversion.

There's one game of evidence I was wrong about DMC.

When, and if, he proves he is a consistent, productive slot receiver, I'll admit I was wrong.

Baldwin is not a bust...not yet...but he is edging on that territory and if you can't see it, FUCK YOU.

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 06:52 PM

horse shit. this isn't Clay being a troll.

This is a 1st round pick being #4 on the depth chart at his position in his second year. There is not a single excuse that can be given as to why he shouldn't have been the #2. Christ... especially with Bowe gone through all of camp and most of pre-season.

Hell... he isn't listed as the starter on kcchiefs.com. He doesn't have the "shortened camp + injury" excuse.

Nightfyre
09-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Baldwin was a project from the get-go. He was a top five/ten talent who is extremely raw. The thing is, when you draft a project, you need to be patient while they develop.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 06:56 PM
It's fucking bullshit that this regime tried to prop up Baldwin as our deep threat and new #1 WR in training camp...and now they are doing this bullshit.

They are a bunch of deceitful cowards.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Baldwin was a project from the get-go. He was a top five/ten talent who is extremely raw. The thing is, when you draft a project, you need to be patient while they develop.

You know how you develop a wide receiver?

YOU LET HIM PLAY.

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 06:58 PM
It's ****ing bullshit that this regime tried to prop up Baldwin as our deep threat and new #1 WR in training camp...and now they are doing this bullshit.

They are a bunch of deceitful cowards.

Well you should be well versed in what one looks like.

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 06:58 PM
horse shit. this isn't Clay being a troll.

This is a 1st round pick being #4 on the depth chart at his position in his second year. There is not a single excuse that can be given as to why he shouldn't have been the #2. Christ... especially with Bowe gone through all of camp and most of pre-season.

Hell... he isn't listed as the starter on kcchiefs.com. He doesn't have the "shortened camp + injury" excuse.

I cant believe you are falling into this shit 1 game into the season.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 07:01 PM
It's not 1 game.

We sucked ass in preseason.

We sucked ass for the last 12 games w/Cassel, other than a handful of bullshit against Kyle Boller and his inbred cousins...

When does it end.

Nightfyre

YOU LET HIM PLAY.

I don't disagree that their handling of him has been marginal at best. However, I am a long ways away from writing Baldwin off (especially after just one game.) A real QB gets the ball to Baldwin a couple times last Sunday and makes this a moot argument anyway.

pr_capone
I cant believe you are falling into this shit 1 game into the season.

I am frustrated. I am angry. I hope I am wrong.

Really though. How many 1st round WRs are 4th in the fucking depth chart in their second year? Especially after being the #1 all preseason?

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 07:05 PM
I am frustrated. I am angry. I hope I am wrong.

Baldwin will get his. Maybe not a ton because the fact is there is a bunch of talent on the offense.

Badwin was the only guy not to get a catch, I am confident if Bowe, DMC and Moeaki and Boss and Breaston can all catch a ball, Baldwin can get his and make some plays.

Daboll has had exactly 1 game now as OC and he made Cassel look like a hell of a QB for about 40 minutes. That's better than Weis did to start.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Cassel didn't look that great. Our passing game extended 22 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. That's pretty lol.

He's looked better before. Tennessee 2010, for example. Indianapolis last year he was "on fire."

Daboll ain't shit, and especially not with Mork Castille.

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Fuck off troll.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 07:12 PM
You'll be on my side before long.

KC Tattoo
09-14-2012, 07:24 PM

YOU LET HIM PLAY.

This to date is your best post ever, outside of your gifs and video productions.

notorious
09-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Groan.

BoneKrusher
09-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Crennel: "Hey, Brian, we're getting our asses kicked why the **** is our first round daft pick sitting on the sidelines?"

Daboll: "No problem...wait, one more thing...all our players are depressed because of a missed FG"

John Candy could fix these problems:
http://i46.tinypic.com/fku1x1.png

Baby Lee
09-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Sugar coated crap.

Fucking Chiefs.

Or waiting for a brokedick to survey the field and launch the fucking ball.

One thing I will NOT do with the 2012 Chiefs, is judge a receiver based on whether Castle is targeting them.

BoneKrusher
09-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Or waiting for a brokedick to survey the field and launch the ****ing ball

good point.

Aspengc8
09-14-2012, 08:01 PM

Develop what? Last i heard he cant get off the bump. How can a dude that size have a problem with press..

JASONSAUTO
09-14-2012, 08:05 PM
He won't tell us the truth.

Which is....

1. Deep threat WRs are not effective with Matt Cassel.

2. Baldwin isn't very good, anyway.
if deep threat wrs aren't effective with Cassel how do you know Baldwin isn't very good?
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
09-14-2012, 08:06 PM
if deep threat wrs aren't effective with Cassel how do you know Baldwin isn't very good?
Posted via Mobile Device

another good point.

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I would say he doesn't know that because he doesn't know anything about football. He has proven that fact time and time again.

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Or waiting for a brokedick to survey the field and launch the ****ing ball.

One thing I will NOT do with the 2012 Chiefs, is judge a receiver based on whether Castle is targeting them.

He is talking about how many snaps he played on passing downs. Not how many times he was targeted. He was the WR4 in that game and according to the official depth chart, he still is.

When in the history of **** all has a 2nd year 1st round pick at WR ever been the 4th WR? THAT has nothing to do with who is throwing him the ball. That tells me the coaches do not believe he has developed enough to actually be productive on the field.

JASONSAUTO
09-14-2012, 08:19 PM
He is talking about how many snaps he played on passing downs. Not how many times he was targeted. He was the WR4 in that game and according to the official depth chart, he still is.

When in the history of fuck all has a 2nd year 1st round pick at WR ever been the 4th WR? he is a backup outside wr. Dex is the slot. His skills are not suited for the slot. And Bowe and brain are both pretty good.

Last week our game plan sounds like it was to utilize two tight end sets and get them involved. Not press the issue to the outside due to the caliber of their db's.

Its called playing the favorable matchups
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 08:29 PM
he is a backup outside wr. Dex is the slot. His skills are not suited for the slot. And Bowe and brain are both pretty good.

Last week our game plan sounds like it was to utilize two tight end sets and get them involved. Not press the issue to the outside due to the caliber of their db's.

Its called playing the favorable matchups
Posted via Mobile Device

I know he isn't going to be playing the slot. I am questioning his ability to play outside WR when Breaston can beat him out for the spot. He is a 1st rd pick in his second year FFS. He had a full camp and preseason. Bowe was not around for most of it and he was the #1 in camp.

Either Baldwin fooled everyone and he is nowhere near as good as we thought he was... or our coaches are ****ing inept. My money is on a combination of both. Otherwise playing last years #1 pick playing WR4 for 12 passing plays is beyond ****ing stupid.

JASONSAUTO
09-14-2012, 08:31 PM
I know he isn't going to be playing the slot. I am questioning his ability to play outside WR when Breaston can beat him out for the spot. He is a 1st rd pick in his second year FFS. He had a full camp and preseason. Bowe was not around for most of it and he was the #1 in camp.

Either Baldwin fooled everyone and he is nowhere near as good as we thought he was... or our coaches are ****ing inept. My money is on a combination of both. Otherwise playing last years #1 pick playing WR4 for 12 passing plays is beyond ****ing stupid. again he isn't wr4 he is a backup outside wr.

But continue with the "sky is falling" posts. funny how many are drunk on all the jizz clay has been spewing around here lately
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 08:33 PM
again he isn't wr4 he is a backup outside wr.

But continue with the "sky is falling" posts. funny how many are drunk on all the jizz clay has been spewing around here lately
Posted via Mobile Device

WHY THE **** ARE YOU HAPPY WITH A SECOND YEAR #1 PICK BEING A GOD DAMNED BACKUP?!?!?!?! Also... what the fuck is a WR4 if not a backup wide receiver?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Our WR corps is a strength. There are ways to get the ball to them no matter what. The reason they don't throw those out routes is because Cassel lacks the arm strength and accuracy outside of 8 yards to get it there. With a good QB this offense would be in the top 10 in passing. No question about it. We HAVE the talent everywhere but QB.

JASONSAUTO
09-14-2012, 08:34 PM
WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HAPPY WITH A SECOND YEAR #1 PICK BEING A GOD DAMNED BACKUP?!?!?!?!

Who said anything about being happy? He's playing behind a top ten wr and a veteran who is pretty good. He will get his chances and we will see
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Who said anything about being happy? He's playing behind a top ten wr and a veteran who is pretty good. He will get his chances and we will see
Posted via Mobile Device

Well ****! That is what I am frustrated with! He is a ****ing backup! Why the hell is he playing behind Breaston? Either he doesn't get it or Mr 32, 30, & 20th ranked offensive coordinator has no ****ing clue how to use/develop him. I am pissed that he is on the bench. Either we whiffed at pick #1 yet again, or our coaches fucking suck.

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

People act like WR is a weakness on the team so we are losing because we don't have a good WR core and Baldwin not shining is killing us.

Missing the fucking point.

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Well ****! That is what I am frustrated with! He is a ****ing backup! Why the hell is he playing behind Breaston? Either he doesn't get it or Mr 32, 30, & 20th ranked offensive coordinator has no ****ing clue how to use/develop him.

You need to chill the fuck out dude. Clay has gotten into your system or something. Baldwin doing x or y has nothing to do with the loss last week.

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 08:42 PM
You need to chill the **** out dude. Clay has gotten into your system or something. Baldwin doing x or y has nothing to do with the loss last week.

No... it doesn't. This rant isn't about the loss. It is about Baldwin not being on the field. What... are we waiting until week 10 to unleash some super secret weapon?

I get it... Breaston isn't dogshit. That said, Baldwin should have been ready to start at outside WR by now. Again... no injury, no shortened camp, no Thomas Jones hurting his feelings or his hand. He played half a year last year, got in a full training camp, and had the whole preseason to himself because Bowe didn't want to show up.

Why is he not ready to start week 1?

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 08:45 PM
No... it doesn't. This rant isn't about the loss. It is about Baldwin not being on the field. What... are we waiting until week 10 to unleash some super secret weapon?

I get it... Breaston isn't dogshit. That said, Baldwin should have been ready to start at outside WR by now. Again... no injury, no shortened camp, no Thomas Jones hurting his feelings or his hand. He played half a year last year, got in a full training camp, and had the whole preseason to himself because Bowe didn't want to show up.

Why does it matter so much to you?

You know what I care about? Fucking wins. Did it keep me from winning? The answer is yes or no. If the answer is no, I simply don't give a fuck.

Daru
09-14-2012, 08:50 PM
permit this-baldwin is fool right now. Baldwin seperation while pressed is the worst. Ha I said its funny even if Moses was offensive coordinator and Baldwin played at Red Sea still could not get seperation! haha I know but listen this is now and we need success! NO MORE BAD STRIKES but permit we have to endure the Cassel to make us gets losses weekly and its such a head spin watching I need some better strikes!

MCCLUSTER IS SMALL BUT ACCEPTABLE TO PITY THROW FROM CASSEL ARM! Unacceptable!!!!

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Why does it matter so much to you?

Because I have no faith that this organization can make the right choices either via FA or the draft and develop those choices into something worth a damn. Baldwin, so far, is just another example of that.

You know what I care about? ****ing wins. Did it keep me from winning? The answer is yes or no. If the answer is no, I simply don't give a ****.

And we aren't gonna win a damn thing until the FO makes the right choices and has a coaching staff in place that can actually develop them. The Chiefs simply cannot keep picking up marginal players, especially in the first round, if they aren't going to contribute in a manner corresponding to where they were picked in the draft. Don't misunderstand... I want very badly for Bowe and Baldwin to become Fitz and Boldin. I simply have no confidence that they will.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 08:57 PM

It's one of two reasons.

1. He sucks.

2. Our franchise leadership is incompetent.

Pick one.

Either way, Pioli comes off with shit on his face.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Breaston's a good player. You guys are being retarded with this shit. He didn't get beat out by a scrub, he got beat out by a former 1K reciever. Stick to Madden.

jspchief
09-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Personally, I think we need to have Baldwin playing #2 so we can shop Breaston for a trade. Clearly McCluster has taken Breaston's slot role.

I know one thing, we better be planning on signing Bowe. If Baldwin can't win the #2 job, who the hell is our #1 if Bowe walks?

All this hype about Baldwin in the preseason is looking like it was bullshit designed to make Bowe sweat.

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Because I have no faith that this organization can make the right choices either via FA or the draft and develop those choices into something worth a damn. Baldwin is just another example of that.
And we aren't gonna win a damn thing until the FO makes the right choices and has a coaching staff in place that can actually develop them. The Chiefs simply cannot keep picking up marginal players, especially in the first round, if they aren't going to contribute.

The same FO that is responsible for every WR and TE on the team except Bowe? Which is a very talented group for sure. The FO that has signed Hillis to go with JC? The FO that signed Boss to go with Moeaki?

Help me out here, what are you saying again?

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 09:03 PM
It's one of two reasons.

1. He sucks.

2. Our franchise leadership is incompetent.

Pick one.

Either way, Pioli comes off with shit on his face.

Fuck off troll.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2012, 09:04 PM
The same FO that is responsible for every WR and TE on the team except Bowe? Which is a very talented group for sure. The FO that has signed Hillis to go with JC? The FO that signed Boss to go with Moeaki?

Sometimes this place is amazingly stupid. I have no idea what the points is, this is a very strong recieving group.

You can also say it's deep enough to have a 1st rounder on the bench :evil:

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Breaston's a good player. You guys are being retarded with this shit. He didn't get beat out by a scrub, he got beat out by a former 1K reciever.

The next mother fucker that talks about Breaston being a 1k receiver is getting nut tapped. :D Breaston had *ONE* 1k season and that came about because Boldin was out for 4 games... yet still managed more yards than Breaston.

Again, I like Breaston and I think he is a fine receiver. I have no qualms about him even being the #2... had we not drafted a WR at #1 who is in his second season and sitting on the bench most of the time.

I am questioning this organizations ability to select a player in the draft, especially at #1, who is actually going to contribute to this team. Baldwin and the coaching staff have ZERO excuses for him to be sitting behind Breaston.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2012, 09:06 PM
I just think you drafted him in fantasy or something :)

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 09:12 PM

Yes... that FO. The one that traded for Kasl and stuck to him like a leach on a hemophiliac. The one that drafted superstars in the first round like Tyson Jackson and marginal players like Dorsey. The ones that picked up great FA's like Thomas Jones and McClain. The ones who signed, then got rid of, Gaither and had Barry Richardson starting at RT.

We even had a semi legit QB on the roster for a while and let him go hold a clip board in Dallas rather than to lose our precious Mark Kasl.

FUCK.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 09:18 PM
We drafted Baldwin in direct response to our embarrassing passing attack in the playoff game.

Guess what happens in our next playoff game if our entire passing attack has a range of 25 yards?

To call this a non-issue is intellectually dishonest.

We are whistling through the graveyard, being led down the primrose path if we just stick our heads in the sand over this.

http://i.imgur.com/CEgyP.jpg

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 09:20 PM
We drafted Baldwin in direct response to our embarrassing passing attack in the playoff game.

Guess what happens in our next playoff game if our entire passing attack has a range of 25 yards?

To call this a non-issue is intellectually dishonest.

We are whistling through the graveyard, being led down the primrose path if we just stick our heads in the sand over this.

I'm hoping that by 2016, when we make our next playoff appearance, we have another QB who can extend that range past 25 yards.

BossChief
09-14-2012, 09:31 PM
The next mother fucker that talks about Breaston being a 1k receiver is getting nut tapped. :D Breaston had *ONE* 1k season and that came about because Boldin was out for 4 games... yet still managed more yards than Breaston.

Again, I like Breaston and I think he is a fine receiver. I have no qualms about him even being the #2... had we not drafted a WR at #1 who is in his second season and sitting on the bench most of the time.

I am questioning this organizations ability to select a player in the draft, especially at #1, who is actually going to contribute to this team. Baldwin and the coaching staff have ZERO excuses for him to be sitting behind Breaston.

Gimme a break.

The guy is a 1000 yard receiver if you like it or not.

Shit, he got 1006 yards IN ONLY 9 STARTS.

Lets not act like the guy isnt a really good pro.

lewdog
09-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Sports Illustrated had an article about this being Baldwin's breakout year, didn't they?

jspchief
09-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Lets not act like the guy isnt a really good pro. Breaston isn't the one in question.

Joking aside, Breaston is a very nice receiver. But I don't think you'd find many people who'd be happy that their first rnd WR was sitting behind Breaston on the depth chart. He's a notch above JAG.

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 09:43 PM
Breaston isn't the one in question.

Joking aside, Breaston is a very nice receiver. But I don't think you'd find many people who'd be happy that their first rnd WR was sitting behind Breaston on the depth chart. He's a notch above JAG.

This man gets it.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Breaston isn't the one in question.

Having Dwayne Bowe and Steve Breaston without Jon Baldwin blossoming into our Randy Moss is kind of like having Jake Reed and Cris Carter without Randy Moss.

And our QB is a shitty version of Brad Johnson.

So maybe we could be a poor man's version of the 1997 Vikings. (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/1997.htm)

BossChief
09-14-2012, 10:07 PM
pr_capone...care to make a wager?

Id be willing to make a wager that Baldwin has more yards and touchdowns than Breaston by years end.

3 games lost to injury (for either player) voids the bet.

I'm pretty open to the stakes of the bet, but it cant be for an avatar or sig because I already have both on the line with clay.

What say you?

BossChief
09-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Having Dwayne Bowe and Steve Breaston without Jon Baldwin blossoming into our Randy Moss is kind of like having Jake Reed and Cris Carter without Randy Moss.

And our QB is a shitty version of Brad Johnson.

So maybe we could be a poor man's version of the 1997 Vikings. (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/1997.htm)

Im half serious here, but this team should give Brett Favre a call...I know he didnt play for them back there, but it would be a similar call as Randall Cunningham got.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Im half serious here, but this team should give Brett Favre a call.

One bullet from Favre would end Dexter's career.

BossChief
09-14-2012, 10:11 PM
I would love to have only 2 quarterbacks on this roster.

Brett Favre and Ricky Stanzi.

That alone would make this team fun to watch.

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 10:14 PM
pr_capone...care to make a wager?

Id be willing to make a wager that Baldwin has more yards and touchdowns than Breaston by years end.

3 games lost to injury (for either player) voids the bet.

I'm pretty open to the stakes of the bet, but it cant be for an avatar or sig because I already have both on the line with clay.

What say you?

I won't make that bet because Baldwin SHOULD have more TDs and yards than Breaston. You are missing the entire point of my rant.

I don't give a flying **** what Baldwin does in week 10. I am pissed that he wasn't ready game 1. I will be apoplectic if Baldwin doesn't have more TD and yards than Breaston by seasons end.

mcaj22
09-14-2012, 10:16 PM
you can pretty much write this article prediction before every Sunday and will eventually hit when the guy finally has 1 good game and you can be looked at like a sports genius. Until that day comes he will continue to be invisible, stand on the sidelines and when he does actually play, get jammed at the line.

KCUnited
09-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Looks like Alec, plays like Daniel.

BossChief
09-14-2012, 10:51 PM
I won't make that bet because Baldwin SHOULD have more TDs and yards than Breaston. You are missing the entire point of my rant.

I don't give a flying **** what Baldwin does in week 10. I am pissed that he wasn't ready game 1. I will be apoplectic if Baldwin doesn't have more TD and yards than Breaston by seasons end.

I didn't think you would take that.

My point is that you guys are severely overreacting to week one.

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 10:54 PM
I didn't think you would take that.

My point is that you guys are severely overreacting to week one.

I am overreacting to our 1st round pick who is in his second year in the league not being ready to start in week 1 when we were facing a highly potent offense that we were going to have to go score for score with to have any shot at winning the game.

Got it. Noted. Copy / Pasted onto an image that I turned into my desktop wallpaper.

BossChief
09-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Steve Breaston only caught 2 passes and Baldwin was on the field for 12 pass plays and was open plenty of times.

The problem isnt the GM, the coaching staff or Baldwin himself...the problem is that Cassel has poor field vision and instincts.

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Steve Breaston only caught 2 passes and Baldwin was on the field for 12 pass plays and was open plenty of times.

The problem isnt the GM, the coaching staff or Baldwin himself...the problem is that Cassel has poor field vision and instincts.

Our first rd pick was on the field 36% of time time our shitty QB threw the ball... none of which were to him. AWESOME. You have completely set me straight. No reason to be upset at all.

htismaqe
09-14-2012, 11:26 PM
I am overreacting to our 1st round pick who is in his second year in the league not being ready to start in week 1 when we were facing a highly potent offense that we were going to have to go score for score with to have any shot at winning the game.

Got it. Noted. Copy / Pasted onto an image that I turned into my desktop wallpaper.

He wasn't even targeted. Here's a clue: neither was Bowe or Breaston.

The problem isn't Baldwin.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Breaston was targeted 3-4 times.

Bowe was targeted 5-6 times.

There is a difference between that and ZERO targets.

Something is going on behind the scenes that has rendered Baldwin useless to us.

BossChief
09-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Hey Clay...

Can you do us a favor and give us some screen caps of the 2 second mark of each play Baldwin was out there running a route from the all 22 camera angle?

Ive heard people say he was running wide open on a few of them.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Hey Clay...

Can you do us a favor and give us some screen caps of the 2 second mark of each play Baldwin was out there running a route from the all 22 camera angle?

Ive heard people say he was running wide open on a few of them.

I've reviewed most of the All-22 and I can tell you he wasn't open, save for Cassel's 2nd pick, when there was no way Cassel could get the ball to him because of the pressure.

BossChief
09-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Sorry, I guess I should have asked someone that didn't have an axe to grind.

(This is an attempt to lure you into posting the screen shots)

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Wait, hang on. Looks like he was open on at least one play...

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Open at the bottom of the screen. Cassel is throwing to Bowe, who drops it. Pass was a bit high.

http://i.imgur.com/TpP8c.jpg

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Open at the bottom of the screen. Cassel is throwing to Bowe, who drops it. Pass was a bit high.

http://i.imgur.com/TpP8c.jpg

You aren't looking hard enough. He was for sure running free on at least 3 or 4 of those 12 snaps.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Open deep but Cassel's got two guys in his face.

http://i.imgur.com/XYgka.jpg

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Technically he's open at the bottom of the screen, but the play was a screen.

http://i.imgur.com/o9IFW.jpg

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Technically he's open at the bottom of the screen, but the play was a screen.

http://i.imgur.com/o9IFW.jpg

LOL

I love that pic. That's the one that Kasl doinked off the defenders foot.

Count Zarth
09-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Might be open on this hitch at the bottom. Cassel hit Moeaki.

http://i.imgur.com/7hmQl.jpg

Count Zarth
That's it. Not much.

Chiefs Pantalones
All I want for Christmas is a franchise QB.

BossChief
09-15-2012, 12:01 AM
How many routes did he actually run on Sunday?

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 12:05 AM
How many routes did he actually run on Sunday?

NJChiefsFan
09-15-2012, 01:03 AM

Those 4 you posted looked like he did his job, from what I can see anyway. Especially those last 3. If he was the first read he could have been looking at something at least.

BossChief
09-15-2012, 01:07 AM
Getting open on a third of your routes is actually pretty damn good against the quality of corners the Falcons have.

Lets say a good quarterback hits Baldwin on 3 of those plays and he gets tackled right where he catches the ball.

That could have been a 3 catch 70 yard game.

If he breaks one tackle on any of them he is into the triple digits.

BossChief
09-15-2012, 01:14 AM
You're not worried about anything lately.

We hired Romeo? BossChief wasn't worried.

We renewed wedding vows with Cassel? BossChief wasn't worried.

We got our ass beat in preseason? BossChief wasn't worried.

We got our ass beat in Week 1? BossChief wasn't worried.

God damn, dude.

The day YOU are worried about this season is the day Pioli is utterly and completely fucked.

I look forward to it.

I try not to overreact to anything that doesnt have the word Stanzi in it.

mcaj22
09-15-2012, 08:24 AM
if any WR gets shopped by the trade deadline it is Bowe, not Breaston.

especially because our shit GM probably is going to let him walk in the offseason. Because Fat Scott Pioli can burn in hell

jd1020
09-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Getting open on a third of your routes is actually pretty damn good against the quality of corners the Falcons have.

Lets say a good quarterback hits Baldwin on 3 of those plays and he gets tackled right where he catches the ball.

That could have been a 3 catch 70 yard game.

If he breaks one tackle on any of them he is into the triple digits.

Only if one of the 3 catches was the deep pass. The rest are <10 yard routes.

jd1020
09-15-2012, 08:30 AM
if any WR gets shopped by the trade deadline it is Bowe, not Breaston.

especially because our shit GM probably is going to let him walk in the offseason. Because Fat Scott Pioli can burn in hell

Why would Bowe be getting shopped at all? He can't negotiate a contract and he's playing under a 1 year franchise tag. Who is going to be coming to the Chiefs with an offer?

I'd be shopping Breaston for a 3rd or something. He's ok, I guess, but nothing beyond 1 season makes him anything special. He should be #3 WR on this team behind Baldwin and Bowe, but...................

mcaj22
09-15-2012, 08:32 AM
Why would Bowe be getting shopped at all? He can't negotiate a contract and he's playing under a 1 year franchise tag. Who is going to be coming to the Chiefs with an offer?

I'd be shopping Breaston for a 3rd or something. He's ok, I guess, but nothing beyond 1 season makes him anything special. He should be #3 WR on this team behind Baldwin and Bowe, but...................

a team that he will sign a long term deal with will come at him with an offer, that's who.

jd1020
09-15-2012, 08:36 AM
a team that he will sign a long term deal with will come at him with an offer, that's who.

Better hope some SB contender is concerned about their passing game because of a lack of receivers before week 8.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-15-2012, 08:44 AM
I can't believe some people think Baldwin is the problem.

Setsuna
09-15-2012, 09:16 AM
I think Marcellus makes homerish statements from time to time. He'll change his tune.

JASONSAUTO
09-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Personally, I think we need to have Baldwin playing #2 so we can shop Breaston for a trade. Clearly McCluster has taken Breaston's slot role.

I know one thing, we better be planning on signing Bowe. If Baldwin can't win the #2 job, who the hell is our #1 if Bowe walks?

All this hype about Baldwin in the preseason is looking like it was bullshit designed to make Bowe sweat.

Breaston had never been a slot receiver
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
09-15-2012, 09:56 AM
I think Marcellus makes homerish statements from time to time. He'll change his tune.

I am not a homer, I assure you I am just not a pessimist.

JASONSAUTO
09-15-2012, 09:59 AM

He doesn't know shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 10:02 AM

:doh!:

Baldwin playing 12 snaps is A problem.

Kasl is THE problem.

JASONSAUTO
09-15-2012, 10:03 AM
:doh!:

Baldwin playing 12 snaps is A problem.

Kasl is THE problem.
One is likely because of the other.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22
09-15-2012, 10:03 AM
they should have never picked Baldwin to begin with. Has nothing to do with the player, everything to do with needs elsewhere

so again Scott Pioli = shithead overrated garbage

BossChief
09-15-2012, 10:04 AM
They ARE gonna let Bowe walk and I think the other teams know it.

Otherwise, why would the Jets have traded up in front of us to draft Stephen Hill?

JASONSAUTO
09-15-2012, 10:04 AM
they should have never picked Baldwin to begin with. Has nothing to do with the player, everything to do with needs elsewhere

so again Scott Pioli = shithead overrated garbage lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones
09-15-2012, 10:07 AM

Otherwise, why would the Jets have traded up in front of us to draft Stephen Hill?

I don't see why they'd let him walk. Bowe, Breaston and Baldwin will own for years with a good QB.

BossChief
09-15-2012, 10:08 AM

you sure are one dumb mf

Chiefs Pantalones
09-15-2012, 10:08 AM

Seriously? With a good QB him and the rest of the WR corps will shine.

Marcellus
09-15-2012, 10:09 AM

Can you explain the logic on this?

BossChief
09-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Can you explain the logic on this?

The only reason a team trades up to take a certain player is because they think the team picking next will draft him.

The Jets moved up in the draft (in front of us) to take Hill because they know we would have taken him with the next pick.

We also drafted 2 receivers after that point in the draft and moved Dexter to full time receiver.

The writing is on the wall that Bowe is good as gone after this season.

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 10:25 AM
He's insinuating that the Chiefs might've drafted Hill.

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 10:28 AM

He's more of a symptom of a larger problem.

BossChief
09-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Its also possible that they were trying to get in front of Chicago and that we weren't listening to offers because we really liked Allen...enough that we didn't want to risk a trade down with hopes he would still be there.

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 10:42 AM
One is likely because of the other.
Posted via Mobile Device

yes... Baldwin playing 12 snaps is Kasl's fault. :thumb:

Marcellus
09-15-2012, 10:46 AM
The only reason a team trades up to take a certain player is because they think the team picking next will draft him.

The Jets moved up in the draft (in front of us) to take Hill because they know we would have taken him with the next pick.

We also drafted 2 receivers after that point in the draft and moved Dexter to full time receiver.

Then why franchise him and not trade him?

BossChief
09-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Then why franchise him and not trade him?

Because if they didn't franchise him, he would have been an unrestricted free agent and they wouldn't be able to trade him.

There were rumors swirling during the draft that we were trying to trade Bowe.

Nightfyre
09-15-2012, 10:56 AM

Bowe may be here under the tag next season. I think he is our best piece in a trade-up scenario.

JASONSAUTO
09-15-2012, 10:56 AM

It is dipshit.

Cassel doesn't have the arm to challenge Atlanta's secondary, so they chose to use more two te sets, that limited the amounts of plays Baldwin was in for.
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 11:09 AM
It is dipshit.

Cassel doesn't have the arm to challenge Atlanta's secondary, so they chose to use more two te sets, that limited the amounts of plays Baldwin was in for.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes... That completely explains why Breaston is starting ahead of our first round pick. When I think of where a 1st round pick in his second year who had should be on the depth chart... It is a backup to a guy that is typically a 700yd per year guy with 9 career TDs.

JASONSAUTO
09-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Yes... That completely explains why Breaston is starting ahead of our first round pick. When I think of where a 1st round pick in his second year who had should be on the depth chart... It is a backup to a guy that is typically a 700yd per year guy with 9 career TDs.

OMG a veteran is listed as the number one over a guy who was drafted in the first round THAT WAS KNOWN AT THE TIME TO BE A PROJECT.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
09-15-2012, 11:17 AM
You're wasting your time Jason.

These guys just want something to whine about.

JASONSAUTO
09-15-2012, 11:19 AM
. funny how many are drunk on all the jizz clay has been spewing around here lately
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
09-15-2012, 11:21 AM
misery loves company

SNR
09-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Terrance Copper

Rausch
09-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Chiefs wide receiver Jon Baldwin could be a bigger part of the game plan on Sunday at Buffalo, said offensive coordinator Brian Daboll.

:whackit:

BossChief
09-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Peyton Manning

Rausch
09-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Peyton Manning

Pretty much...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Fuck Pioli.

Simplicity
09-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Go Chiefs.

Ben N 58men
09-15-2012, 11:38 AM
I hate Cassel

Rausch
09-15-2012, 11:39 AM
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEENKINS!1!

SNR
09-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Hippo poop

BossChief
09-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Ricky Stanzi

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Colt McCoy.

Rausch
09-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Sean LaChepelle...

The Mayor
09-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Crennel: "Hey, Brian, we're getting our asses kicked why the fuck is our first round daft pick sitting on the sidelines?"

Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Dave Chappelle

whoman69
09-15-2012, 12:07 PM
He certainly can't be a smaller part of the game plan.

Baby Lee
09-15-2012, 01:35 PM

I should negrep you for linking Matt Cassel and Matthew Sweet in my mind. ;)

Rausch
09-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Teh New BIGFOOT!

gold_and_red
09-15-2012, 01:47 PM
I think Baldwin has a better chance of being in the game plan if he plays corner. Interceptions from Fitz are more likely than Cassel's 20 yard passes.

saphojunkie
09-15-2012, 01:58 PM

Hey man, 6'4, 230 lb wide receivers with 40 inch verticals can't catch passes over the middle in a zone.

I'm gonna go punch myself in the balls now.

Rausch
09-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Hey man, 6'4, 230 lb wide receivers with 40 inch verticals can't catch passes over the middle in a zone.

I'm gonna go punch myself in the balls now.

LMAO

Baby Lee
09-15-2012, 02:07 PM

Here's the conundrum, it's not like they have this hyper accurate, great decision making, long-ball QB in their pocket that they use just to assess Baldwin in practice. It's a little like trying to figure out how fast a Ferrari is in a Quicktrip parking lot.

Marcellus
09-15-2012, 02:07 PM
The overreaction in this thread is pretty epic even for CP standards.

At this point Cassel is on track for 16 rushing TD's this season. Why aren't we celebrating that rather than bitching about Baldwin not getting a catch?

1 game folks 1 game.

Setsuna
09-15-2012, 02:10 PM
You're a rare breed.

He doesn't know shit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tis true. Marcellus you would do well to listen to JASONSAUTO. He is a genius.

Marcellus
09-15-2012, 02:12 PM
After 1 game DMC has 86 yards receiving and the thought process is that's cool but lets see how it plays out this season, 1 game sample size.

After 1 game Baldwin has no catches and it is now the end of the fucking world.

You guys are really outdoing yourselves. Well Clay is doing several of you anyway.

Rausch
09-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Keep hearing about him.

No evidence...

JASONSAUTO
09-15-2012, 02:14 PM
At least I know how to spell genious
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 02:18 PM
After 1 game DMC has 86 yards receiving and the thought process is that's cool but lets see how it plays out this season, 1 game sample size.

After 1 game Baldwin has no catches and it is now the end of the ****ing world.

You guys are really outdoing yourselves. Well Clay is doing several of you anyway.

It isn't about the catches. Honestly... it isn't even about the targets. It is that our #1 pick WR is on the bench thumbing his sack and played 12 snaps.. THAT is what I have a problem with.

Oh... he needs development? Then play the mother fucker! If he didn't have enough development in his last season, then again in this off season, and in pre-season... what the fuck else does he need?

Rausch
09-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Keep hearing about him.

No evidence...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/Smalfut.jpg

jspchief
09-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Breaston had never been a slot receiver
Posted via Mobile Device

Didn't Breaston play slot in AZ? And the only reason he wasn't the slot in KC was we had shit at WR, then Baldwin broke his hand. If Breaston wasn't the slot guy out of Bowe, Baldwin, and Breaston then who was?

jspchief
09-15-2012, 02:19 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/Smalfut.jpg

mcaj22
09-15-2012, 02:21 PM
imagine if we had drafted Jimmy Smith instead of Baldwin, the actual talented CB from Colorado, then we wouldnt have had to draft Jalil Brown, the crappy CB from Colorado.

but again Scott Pioli, overrated Chiefs GM

JASONSAUTO
09-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Didn't Breaston play slot in AZ? And the only reason he wasn't the slot in KC was we had shit at WR, then Baldwin broke his hand. If Breaston wasn't the slot guy out of Bowe, Baldwin, and Breaston then who was?

He didn't play slot in Arizona. He said so himself.someone posted the quote not too long ago.
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 02:28 PM

After 1 game Baldwin has no catches and it is now the end of the fucking world.

Actually it's more than just one game.

He most did shit last year, and did shit in the preseason.

And he was trumped up all camp as a super stud.

Yeah, not so much.

Marcellus
09-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Actually it's more than just one game.

He most did shit last year, and did shit in the preseason.

And he was trumped up all camp as a super stud.

Yeah, not so much.

So which is it on DMC?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Sure he will, never heard this before.

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 03:21 PM
So which is it on DMC?

He just had the only good game he's ever had as a WR.

What do you think?

Marcellus
09-15-2012, 03:25 PM
He just had the only good game he's ever had as a WR.

What do you think?

Thats what I thought.

After 1 game Baldwin has no catches and it is now the end of the ****ing world.

keg in kc
09-15-2012, 03:33 PM
I missed the memo. So Daboll gameplans around what he perceives to be a weakness, they move the ball up and down the field in the first half, and we're supposed to riot because getting the ball to receivers on the outside wasn't a priority? Got it!

Baby Lee
09-15-2012, 03:38 PM
I missed the memo. So Daboll gameplans around what he perceives to be a weakness, they move the ball up and down the field in the first half, and we're supposed to riot because getting the ball to receivers on the outside wasn't a priority? Got it!

I love the running theme of 'I don't know for sure what I'm mad at, but I'm damn sure mad at something.'

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 03:39 PM
I love the running theme of 'I don't know for sure what I'm mad at, but I'm damn sure mad at something.'

There's plenty to be mad about that's obvious.

Marcellus
09-15-2012, 03:42 PM
There's plenty to be mad about that's obvious.

Your constant drivel is the first thing that comes to mind.

The constant flow of bullshit from your keyboard is just as frustrating as the Chiefs opening day loss, the only difference is that loss ended 6 days ago and your bullshit is still freely flowing.

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 03:54 PM
It's not bullshit so far.

So far I was spot on.

This team is garbage.

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 03:59 PM

I don't know how else to get the damn point across. Plain English apparently is beyond comprehension. Perhaps it being my second language is getting in the way. I give up. You got it. I'm angry that he wasn't thrown to. it has absolutely nothing to do with him being on the field for 12 snaps and Breaston being ahead of our #1 pick after a year and a half on the team. :cuss:

whoman69
09-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Your constant drivel is the first thing that comes to mind.

The constant flow of bullshit from your keyboard is just as frustrating as the Chiefs opening day loss, the only difference is that loss ended 6 days ago and your bullshit is still freely flowing.

Too much fiber.

BossChief
09-15-2012, 04:06 PM

Hey, look.

There is another person on here that has a brain in his head that isn't made of waffles.

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 04:08 PM
You mean a homer?

Because Baldwin being a ghost is riot-worthy.

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Who has more waffle brains, the homers who jacked off to Baldwin all training camp, or the people calling bullshit on this 12 snaps crap?

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Hey, look.

There is another person on here that has a brain in his head that isn't made of waffles.

Your inability to comprehend simple English astounds me.

It isn't about the catches. Honestly... it isn't even about the targets. It is that our #1 pick WR is on the bench thumbing his sack and played 12 snaps.. THAT is what I have a problem with.

Oh... he needs development? Then play the mother ****er! If he didn't have enough development in his last season, then again in this off season, and in pre-season... what the **** else does he need?

JASONSAUTO
09-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Who has more waffle brains, the homers who jacked off to Baldwin all training camp, or the people calling bullshit on this 12 snaps crap?
What about the people who did both, you included?
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Wrong.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-15-2012, 04:41 PM
This is dumb

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-15-2012, 04:42 PM
It's one week, you aren't right about shit yet

BossChief
09-15-2012, 04:47 PM
You mean a homer?

Because Baldwin being a ghost is riot-worthy.

Then Dexter having 86 yards receiving while matched up on very good corners is deserving of a parade.

Want some syrup?

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 04:49 PM
It's one week, you aren't right about shit yet

Go review some of my posts in any thread discussing the Falcons game.

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Then Dexter having 86 yards receiving while matched up on very good corners is deserving of a parade.

Want some syrup?

No it's not. It's just one game.

Baldwin's whole career is fail APART from one game.

BossChief
09-15-2012, 05:45 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1187005/dex_u_mad_clay_medium.gif

Sorter
09-15-2012, 06:01 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

BossChief
09-15-2012, 06:06 PM
That's Brent Grimes in the backround, too.

One of the best corners in the league that got beat.

Sorter
09-15-2012, 06:10 PM
That's Brent Grimes in the backround, too.

One of the best corners in the league that got beat.

"Dunta Robinson will rape McBuster"/Clay

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 06:19 PM

http://i.imgur.com/FNCiU.gif

BossChief
09-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Dexter sucks because a linebacker hit him at the perfect time to knock the ball out on one of the few passes he didn't catch Sunday?

That's what you're reaching with to try to keep a non existent point alive?

Really?

The midget will get 1000 yards this year and had 850 last year.

BOW DOWN. (really, really low)

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Now it's 1,000?

LMAO

Want to go double or nothing?

BossChief
09-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Double or nothing on what, exactly?

Our bet doesn't have anything to do with Dexter.

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 06:40 PM
600 yards, remember?

BossChief
09-15-2012, 06:43 PM
That's not a bet.

You just told me you would buy me an authentic McCluster jersey if he got 600 yards this year.

You want to double that, go ahead.

The kid is gonna have 1000 yards if he stays healthy.

mcaj22
09-15-2012, 06:47 PM
yea McCluster will have 1000 yards and we will have 5 or 6 wins to show for it

joy, you get those checkdowns McCluster. You stay wide open on the sideline Bowe or Baldwin with nobody throwing you the ball.

DeezNutz
09-15-2012, 06:48 PM
I remember just this type of thread in Bowe's sophomore season.

BossChief
09-15-2012, 06:53 PM
yea McCluster will have 1000 yards and we will have 5 or 6 wins to show for it

joy, you get those checkdowns McCluster. You stay wide open on the sideline Bowe or Baldwin with nobody throwing you the ball.

You are a fucking idiot.

Throwing crossing patterns (the same routes Welker runs) IS NOT "checking it down".

Its not like last year (when the catches he got were checkdowns) when he caught the ball out of the backfield on screens and was an outlet guy.

The dumb is running wild in this thread.

Ace Gunner
09-15-2012, 06:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FNCiU.gif

put up the drop Bowe made or you have a slit. oh, and you don't have to note how much he sucks:D

Ben N 58men
09-15-2012, 06:55 PM
A Baldwin thread gets turned into a McCluster thread?

JFC

Ace Gunner
09-15-2012, 06:58 PM
no. you are not allowed to be surprised at this.

Ben N 58men
09-15-2012, 07:00 PM
no. you are not allowed to be surprised at this.

hahah, true dat.

BossChief
09-15-2012, 07:01 PM
I remember just this type of thread in Bowe's sophomore season.

In his second season, no.

LOTS of them in his third year, though.

People wanted to move him for whatever we could get.

Should I bump the threads after "importing" or after his suspension?

Overreaction planet.

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 07:12 PM
A Baldwin thread gets turned into a McCluster thread?

JFC

The reason he is on the field is because Baldwin is dogshit.

DeezNutz
09-15-2012, 07:15 PM
In his second season, no.

LOTS of them in his third year, though.

People wanted to move him for whatever we could get.

Should I bump the threads after "importing" or after his suspension?

Overreaction planet.

I'd imagine that those individuals were appropriately ridiculed.

There's no overreaction here. Fact is, Baldwin has shown absolutely nothing to this point, while being championed by some as a successful draft pick.

Bottom line: we don't know, but the evidence thus far isn't positive.

jd1020
09-15-2012, 07:15 PM

What would McCluster have to do with Baldwin not being on the field? Last time I checked Baldwin is a WR and McCluster is a slot receiver.

Ben N 58men
09-15-2012, 07:18 PM

You've gone crazy with this statement.

Baby Lee
09-15-2012, 07:20 PM
You've gone crazy with this statement.

dipshit troll trolls dipshittedly.

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 07:22 PM
What would McCluster have to do with Baldwin not being on the field? Last time I checked Baldwin is a WR and McCluster is a slot receiver.

Go fuck yourself, homer.

jd1020
09-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Go fuck yourself, homer.

Baby Lee
09-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Go fuck yourself, homer.

Die in a basement beatoff friction fire.

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 07:24 PM
If Baldwin was a legit deep threat, or even decent (like a Malcom Floyd), he'd be starting and Breaston would be playing the slot.

jd1020
09-15-2012, 07:25 PM
If Baldwin was a legit deep threat, or even decent (like a Malcom Floyd), he'd be starting and Breaston would be playing the slot.

If Breaston was better than McCluster in the slot Baldwin would be starting. Breaston was more useless than Baldwin in the preseason. Why is he starting? He had 1 good season.

DeezNutz
09-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Die in a basement beatoff friction fire.

Mythbusters disproved this.

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 07:27 PM
If Breaston was better than McCluster in the slot Baldwin would be starting.

Yes, because slot receivers are more important than starting wide receivers. :facepalm:

Count Zarth
09-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Mythbusters disproved this.

Mythbusters needs to do a fucking Patriot Way episode.