PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game

gblowfish
09-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. I've has this thought in the back of my mind since pre-season, that I wasn't going to let the Chiefs make me crazy this year. I haven't seen anything positive this year to give me any particular hope that this team would be any different than last year. I can't name a single thing that has been much better. Last night I was in Columbia for the Mizzou game. Got home about 1am, stayed up and watched NCAA highlights, got up today, had coffee, relaxed around the house, and expected nothing. And nothing is exactly what I got. Nothing.

9. I'm not going to talk about stats this week. I won't talk about them, because the Chiefs did everything they could in the last half of the fourth quarter to put lipstick on the pig. Everything that happened in the fourth quarter meant nothing. Absolutely nothing. We needed the fourth quarter in the first quarter. It's called garbage time for a reason.

8. Even with Hillis' fumble at the one yard line, even if you score there, you're still down 21-7 at the half. With this team, being down by 14 is no different than being down by 21. They're not coming back from either score. Once we get behind by more than seven, the Duke of Dink is done.

7. I want to talk about Daboll for a minute. Daboll and Kung Pao Panda (our head coach) seem to think this is a Pop Warner team, and we have some kind of obligation to get every guy into the game action. Once a guy gets a hot hand, he disappears. Hillis was running well early. So we take him out and go to Charles, who didn't have it today (three yards on six carries). Hillis must have had a Cleveland flashback on us by fumbling on the goal line. (Great impression of Earnest Byner, btw.) Bowe had early success. He disappears until the fourth quarter garbage time. They get Baldwin into the mix in garbage time. You see Draughn and Eachus in the game, because, well, because they had their football suits on today, and they're part of "the right 53."

6. Speaking of Eachus, really glad we kept him and cut Sheffield, who was one of our best special team players. He might have been useful on that 88 yard punt return for a TD we gave up.

5. Offensive line got pushed around. Winston got beat by Williams. Fat Albert couldn't seal the corner for Charles on sweeps. Asamoah got totally owned, including on the play where Cassel coughed up the football down 14-zip. Lilja got beat bad on a line twist for another Cassel sack. And nobody checks down on third and long like the Duke of Dink. If you throw a five yard check down on third and twelve, you might as well just punt on third down, or throw the bomb and hope for a pass interference penalty.

4. No pass rush from Hali today. He is not in game shape. I guess sucking on a bong cuts down on your wind. Flowers defended one pass. Belcher got burned by the tight end for a forty yard RAC. Daniels is still wondering who he should be covering. Stevie Johnson punked the secondary and nobody laid a single lick on him. Dorsey, Poe and Jackson tied up exactly one blocker each. Too bad Spiller and Choice blew right past them. Only defender who played a half ass decent game was Houston.

3. In Kung Pao Panda's post game presser: "This isn't an easy place to play at all. We need to figure out how to play better in the second half. I really thought we would be better, and I have to figure out why that is. It's not that we're not trying, we're just trying to do too much." Well, thank goodness we don't have to play in Buffalo again this year. Considering we haven't won there in over 25 years, it's almost unfair that we have to play there at all. And I guess since we were down 21-zip at half, we're not particularly worried about how we played in the FIRST half. WTF? What I needed in the post game presser was a Jim Mora style rant:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tie0tz7jGDI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think Kung Pao Panda better start kicking some ass and quit trying to be this team's lovable grandpa figure. He can pat his grandkids on the head in retirement, which might happen sooner than he thinks if this crap keeps up.

2. Fetal Casshole: What do you get when you mix one part Bill Kenney, one part Elvis Grbac, a splash of Damon Huard and shake it up real well with a blitzing linebacker? You get Fetal Casshole!

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zsrakp.jpg

This is our fearless leader. Did he ever have a conversation with his line, or his receivers, or his coaches, after ANY series? Did he show any want to at all today? All I saw was Fetal Casshole going to the bench, carefully putting his cap back on, and thinking about the sixty million ways he would spend his off season.

1. This season reminds me of a line from an old Gin Blossoms song: "If you don't expect too much from me, you might not be let down." My advice for the rest of the season: Don't expect too much, and you won't be let down.

And when you get hit in the face over and over with a frying pan, learn how to duck.

BONUS THING: Only good thing to happen today, FAX makes a CP appearance. Where have you gone, Mr. FAX, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you. Woo Woo Woo.

KCtotheSB
09-16-2012, 03:14 PM
It's only 0-2, you guys need to lighten up and get behind our Chie*is shot in the face*

Deberg_1990
09-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Its the Romeo Crennel Retirement Tour folks!

tredadda
09-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Great insight this week. That pretty much sums it up.

seclark
09-16-2012, 03:19 PM
nice read gbf.
sec

Radar Chief
09-16-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm reminded of a Bum Phillips quote, when asked about the execution of the offense he said that he was all for it.

bevischief
09-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Clean my asshole.

dannybcaitlyn
09-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Players coach got this team soft. Hali out of shape smoking a bong and big john asamoah who is suppose to be a mauler got his **** pushed in, especially on the running play which charles was tackled behind LOS. Add in are Qb who don't look for our wr's til garbage time =CHIEFS disaster!

oldandslow
09-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Fetal Cassel is classic. And is exactly correct.

Thigpen, Palko, Huard, Croyle, Cassel...I wonder what football Gods we pissed off?????

bevischief
09-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Where were the Depends commercials?

Baby Lee
09-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Only one critique geeb, RAC is clearly Moo Goo Gai Panda.

bowener
09-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Is it time to raise money for billboards and newspaper ads yet?
http://www.kickstarter.com/

ChiefRocka
09-16-2012, 03:39 PM
DJ was solid today, you're absolutely correct!

htismaqe
09-16-2012, 03:42 PM
How bad is it when my 10-year old daughter asks "did anybody get injured" BEFORE she asks "did the Chiefs win"?

Setsuna
09-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Aha! So Hillis did fumble. I need to find my post(s) about how he is known for that shit.

Baby Lee
09-16-2012, 03:48 PM
How bad is it when my 10-year old daughter asks "did anybody get injured" BEFORE she asks "did the Chiefs win"?

Bad enough that your poor daughter still gives a shit what happens with the Chiefs.

GloryDayz
09-16-2012, 03:50 PM

Way past...

GloryDayz
09-16-2012, 03:52 PM

Lord knows this didn't work!!!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/5paK4YSN74s/0.jpg

Dark Horse
09-16-2012, 03:52 PM
To address your 4th point, you may indeed be onto something. Pot mellows you out too much, what this defense needs is a couple of crazy assed coke heads.

qabbaan
09-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Can you take more photos of the chiefs secret service at the next home game? We are wearing the other photo out. Thx

MIAdragon
09-16-2012, 03:58 PM

yes

Buehler445
09-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Pretty much right on. Not much to say. We sucked hard. Fucking embarrassing. We got shelled again. By a team that got shelled last week. Just embarrassing.

Bwana
09-16-2012, 04:11 PM
I was having Huard flashbacks as well today. :shake:

Fetal!

Setsuna
09-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Only two I have found but I felt like I've said more.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8450766&postcount=135

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8501324&postcount=35

RINGLEADER
09-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Only one critique geeb, RAC is clearly Moo Goo Gai Panda.

Moo Moo Gai Panda.

chiefzilla1501
09-16-2012, 04:22 PM
I was having Huard flashbacks as well today. :shake:

Fetal!

Isn't that an illegal block? Cassel could have taken that guys knees out. Geez.

scho63
09-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

I love waiting for your analysis every week but this week the Chiefs zapped all my strength by early second quarter when they went down 21-0.

They have no ability to come back so I paid my bar tab and left......

You are a brave man watching until the bitter end-I can't do it anymore after 42 years of disappointment after disappointment.

bevischief
09-16-2012, 04:25 PM
The Chiefs did not showed up to play today.

mikey23545
09-16-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm reminded of a Bum Phillips quote, when asked about the execution of the offense he said that he was all for it.

Not that it matters, but that was John McKay commenting on his Tampa Bay Bucs...

smittysbar
09-16-2012, 04:38 PM
great write up gbf

gblowfish
09-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Not that it matters, but that was John McKay commenting on his Tampa Bay Bucs...

Yep. John McKay was a pistol. Top Ten McKay Football Quotes:

1 - In response to a question about his team's execution - "I'm all in favor of it."
2 - On an interception thrown by Steve DeBerg in 1984 that cost the Bucs a game against the Giants - "It was thrown to nobody. Well, it was thrown to somebody, Harry Carson. But he happened to be playing for the New York Giants at the time. It would have been a good pass if Harry had been playing for us."
3 - After a particularly heavy loss - "The bus leaves in an hour - anyone who needs a shower, take one."
4 - On losing a key game - "I told our players that there were 700 million Chinese people in the world who didn't even know the game was played. The next week, I got five letters from China asking "What happened?"
5 - After the Bucs broke their 26-game losing streak - "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."
6 - On recruiting his son John to play for USC and then the Bucs - "I had an advantage - I slept with his mother."
7 - On the prospect of a late-season trip to Green Bay - "Going there is like winning the 98th prize in a beauty contest with only 97 prizes."
8 - On hearing how Bucs kicker Pete Rajecki was nervous about McKay watching him in the 1976 pre-season - "That's unfortunate as I plan on attending all the games."
9 - At a post-game press conference in 1976 "You guys don't know the difference between a football and a bunch of bananas."
10 - The following week after a media member has dropped off a case of bananas at his door - "You guys don't know the difference between a football and a Mercedez-Benz."

Reerun_KC
09-16-2012, 04:40 PM
As long as Cassel keeps playing like this. People will ignore crennel and the defense.

Baby Lee
09-16-2012, 04:42 PM
As long as Cassel keeps playing like this. People will ignore crennel and the defense.

As long as the Chiefs play like this, people will ignore them completely.

DeezNutz
09-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Until the organization's efforts match yours, you should revise to "Five Things About Today's Game."

Go half-ass; everyone else is.

InChiefsHell
09-16-2012, 04:45 PM
The ineptness of the defense is the biggest surprise for me so far this season. Did Hali even suit up today?? except for the one play, he might as well not have been there. Berry ...absent. Johnson...absent. Flowers...absent. We have no leaders and no playmakers on this ****ing defense. It's goddam ridiculous.

By my count...we have 5 1st rounders on this D. And we look like absolute shit. Good thing Romeo is a great defensive guy...

Baby Lee
09-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Until the organization's efforts match yours, you should revise to "Five Things About Today's Game."

Go half-ass; everyone else is.

The One Cheek Sneak Peek.

Baby Lee
09-16-2012, 04:46 PM
The ineptness of the defense is the biggest surprise for me so far this season. Did Hali even suit up today?? except for the one play, he might as well not have been there. Berry ...absent. Johnson...absent. Flowers...absent. We have no leaders and no playmakers on this fucking defense. It's goddam ridiculous.

By my count...we have 4 4st rounders on this D. And we look like absolute shit. Good thing Romeo is a great defensive guy...

I think DJ has developed KWOP disease.

DeezNutz
09-16-2012, 04:47 PM
The One Cheek Sneak Peek.

Above post rated at $15M below the cap.

(But that doesn't really count, since Pioli spent considerable cash on tampons for Jackson and Cassel, and the former is really, really, really good at stopping the run. Trust me.)

Mr. Arrowhead
09-16-2012, 04:54 PM
only one making plays on defense was Houston

gblowfish
09-16-2012, 04:55 PM
The teams on our schedule over the next few weeks can't wait to play us, lining up like this scene in "Airplane:"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i0GW0Vnr9Yc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DeezNutz
09-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Three games standout as potential wins on the remaining schedule: both Raiders games and at Cleveland.

And any road game is far from certain. IND at home is a possibility, but Luck in week 16 might be an even more formidable opponent than we're anticipating.

CoMoChief
09-16-2012, 05:09 PM
You would think this team would have a chip on it's shoulder considering what BUF did to them last season in their home season opener.

Almost NO ONE showed up today. The playcalling and personnel was questionable. The Oline played one of it's worst games in recent memory. The only good things about this game happened in garbage time. The team looked completely lost on the sidelines....people were breaking down in coverages and had trouble figuring out who to cover.

There was no pass rush...at all. BUF's Oline isn't exactly great either. Don't know what Hali's problem was but BUF/Gailey did a good job of designing up plays that got the ball out of Fitz's hands quickly.

There needs to be some finger pointing and ass chewing this next week. Because we play Drew Brees and the Saints, and they're going to put points up on the board at home. They always do...

We're going to start out 0-3. This team isn't as good as some people think. I think some are still living in a fairy tale about how good this team looked in pre-season game #1.

This team and it's players are completely overrated. We ain't doing shit this season....be ready to draft in the top 10.

L.A. Chieffan
09-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Routt played well and Cassell came up big in the fourth once they finally Unchained him.

WV
09-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Routt played well and Cassell came up big in the fourth once they finally Unchained him.

:evil:

Baby Lee
09-16-2012, 05:15 PM

Yes, Cassel has consistently found playing against NFL starters quite chaining.

gblowfish
09-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Why feed the troll? That guy has been in the southern california smog way too long.

L.A. Chieffan
09-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Why feed the troll? That guy has been in the southern california smog way too long.

Whenever I go to kc the air tastes kinda funny

gblowfish
09-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Whenever I go to kc the air tastes kinda funny
It's called "barbecue smoke."

htismaqe
09-16-2012, 05:34 PM
The division is officially out of reach too.

The Broncos handled the Steelers and the Steelers similarly handled the Jets.

Meanwhile the Jets hammered the Bills, who in turn hammered us.

At this rate, the Denver game may end up being a worse defensive matchup than Atlanta was.

alanm
09-16-2012, 05:43 PM
9 - At a post-game press conference in 1976 "You guys don't know the difference between a football and a bunch of bananas."
10 - The following week after a media member has dropped off a case of bananas at his door - "You guys don't know the difference between a football and a Mercedez-Benz."

ROFL

GloryDayz
09-16-2012, 05:53 PM
The teams on our schedule over the next few weeks can't wait to play us, lining up like this scene in "Airplane:"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i0GW0Vnr9Yc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is SOOOOOOO true! The slappings will continue with no end in sight. Even if these goons happen to win one, maybe two, game(s), the slappings won't end until Hunt sells.

GloryDayz
09-16-2012, 05:59 PM
The division is officially out of reach too.

The Broncos handled the Steelers and the Steelers similarly handled the Jets.

Meanwhile the Jets hammered the Bills, who in turn hammered us.

At this rate, the Denver game may end up being a worse defensive matchup than Atlanta was.

When we go to Denver, I'm pretty sure I'm taking the battery out of the phone!

LOL, these are all the things Hut brings to the city...shame and embarrassment!! What a man!!!!

Easy 6
09-16-2012, 08:16 PM
The early offensive stumbling doesnt shock me nearly as much as how bad the defense has looked, call me shellshocked... unable to provide big plays & critical stops two games on, something definitely isnt right.

I doubt anyone expected an immediate defensive juggernaut, but they were the ones being counted on to keep it tight early on, the only defensive player who's done anything of note has been Houston.

Berry has been all but invisible, DJ is playing out of position again, Jackson & Dorsey were of no consequence... this defense has sucked sh*t.

L.A. Chieffan
09-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Routt has played well

boogblaster
09-16-2012, 08:55 PM
if the D cant hold the other team under 17 - 20 points we're gona lose ...

Chiefnj2
09-17-2012, 08:17 AM
I watched the game again condensed.

1.DL gets no push at all.
2. OL gets pushed, a lot.
3. In a perfect pocket Cassel can dink and dunk. Pressure him and forget it, he can't move and think at the same time. Fumbles, sacks and forces.
4. DJ is severely limited in movement. His ankle is bad.
5. Moeaki isn't the same.
6. Berry isn't the same.
7. KC is not a team that can play conservative football. The D isn't good enough to hold the opposition and the offense can't play catch up. DO NOT PUNT IN THE OPPOSITIONS SIDE OF THE FIELD.
8. Not much of a difference with or without Hali.

Chiefshrink
09-17-2012, 08:21 AM

That was John McKay.

Chiefshrink
09-17-2012, 08:27 AM
You would think this team would have a chip on it's shoulder considering what BUF did to them last season in their home season opener.

Almost NO ONE showed up today. The playcalling and personnel was questionable. The Oline played one of it's worst games in recent memory. The only good things about this game happened in garbage time. The team looked completely lost on the sidelines....people were breaking down in coverages and had trouble figuring out who to cover.

There was no pass rush...at all. BUF's Oline isn't exactly great either. Don't know what Hali's problem was but BUF/Gailey did a good job of designing up plays that got the ball out of Fitz's hands quickly.

There needs to be some finger pointing and ass chewing this next week. Because we play Drew Brees and the Saints, and they're going to put points up on the board at home. They always do...

We're going to start out 0-3. This team isn't as good as some people think. I think some are still living in a fairy tale about how good this team looked in pre-season game #1.

This team and it's players are completely overrated. We ain't doing shit this season....be ready to draft in the top 10.

The players started reading all their pre-season press predictions. It's what happens when the majority of the sports media pick you to win your division and you just kinda stroll as a team getting the sh** kicked out of you instead of charging to victory. Ain't no strolling in this league:)

InChiefsHell
09-17-2012, 08:31 AM
The players started reading all their pre-season press predictions. It's what happens when the majority of the sports media pick you to win your division and you just kinda stroll as a team getting the sh** kicked out of you instead of charging to victory. Ain't no strolling in this league:)

It's coaching. If the players have a lame or poor attitude...it is coaching. Plain and simple.

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 08:58 AM
I watched the game again condensed.

1.DL gets no push at all.
2. OL gets pushed, a lot.
3. In a perfect pocket Cassel can dink and dunk. Pressure him and forget it, he can't move and think at the same time. Fumbles, sacks and forces.
4. DJ is severely limited in movement. His ankle is bad.
5. Moeaki isn't the same.
6. Berry isn't the same.
7. KC is not a team that can play conservative football. The D isn't good enough to hold the opposition and the offense can't play catch up. DO NOT PUNT IN THE OPPOSITIONS SIDE OF THE FIELD.
8. Not much of a difference with or without Hali.

Im watching the game now on DVR, lets do this

gblowfish
09-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Have you guys checked out the Chiefs facebook page? Oh, man, who's in charge of their social media, Baghdad Bob?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/KansasCityChiefs

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 09:04 AM
First thoughts... Daboll is a weenie

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Cassel > Fitzpatrick

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Kyle Williams absolutely owns this line

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 09:17 AM
On Buffalos second drive we had them on 2nd and 10 and all the sudden our defense became confused as hell, Fitzpatrick picked it apart for a huge gain. Is Romeo eating ribs on the sideline and his play calling comes out all garbled in the headset?

Oh and the very next play Berry had a wide open shot on Spiller and completely blew it giving Spiller another big run

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 09:20 AM
More confusion allowing Fitzpatrick to run free in the middle, EB just looks lost out there

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Clay you should GIF up DJ getting absolutely BLOWN UP at the 13:50 mark in the 2nd, allowing Spiller to run free for a huge gain.

I feel like Samuel Jackson in Jackie Brown.."What happened to you man? You used to be beautiful."

htismaqe
09-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Clay you should GIF up DJ getting absolutely BLOWN UP at the 13:50 mark in the 2nd, allowing Spiller to run free for a huge gain.

I feel like Samuel Jackson in Jackie Brown.."What happened to you man? You used to be beautiful."

Brian Waters did that to Ray Lewis once. Doesn't mean that Ray Lewis sucked, it means the guys in front of him weren't doing their jobs.

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Brian Waters did that to Ray Lewis once. Doesn't mean that Ray Lewis sucked, it means the guys in front of him weren't doing their jobs.

Right now DJ sucks.

htismaqe
09-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Right now DJ sucks.

The whole team sucks.

DJ is a former all-Pro, as is Hali. They didn't just forget how to play over night.

They've lost their discipline and the scheme is an antiquated mess.

RAC is 100% to blame.

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 10:25 AM
The whole team sucks.

DJ is a former all-Pro, as is Hali. They didn't just forget how to play over night.

They've lost their discipline and the scheme is an antiquated mess.

RAC is 100% to blame.

I agree.

The only guy showing any guts right now is Cassell.

Easy 6
09-19-2012, 01:01 PM
I agree.

ROFLROFLROFL

Quick, staring contest!... damn, you're good.

htismaqe
09-19-2012, 01:43 PM
I agree.

That's not "guts" that's an anal prolapse.

Count Zarth
09-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Why does Cassel have "guts" when he scrambles and runs head first, but he acts like a scared pussy in the pocket?

Sorter
09-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Why does Cassel have "guts" when he scrambles and runs head first, but he acts like a scared pussy in the pocket?

^This.