PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kent Babb dismantles Fat Scott

Pages : [1] 2

KCChiefsFan88
09-16-2012, 06:36 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/16/3818676/chiefs-will-never-win-big-with.html

Chiefs will never win big with Pioli in charge

By KENT BABB

The Kansas City Star

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Scott Pioli pushed his way through a doorway, into the Ralph Wilson Stadium tunnel and then, alone, disappeared into the Chiefs’ locker room.

As the team he built was enduring the final minutes of death-by-Ryan Fitzpatrick, an embarrassing 35-17 loss to the Buffalo Bills, the Chiefs’ general manager walked toward a few minutes of solitude. Days like this are lonely when you’re the king, and maybe he embraced what is obvious to so many others who saw Sunday’s loss: that another team he constructed looks lost and unprepared. No injuries and no excuses, no former head coach to blame, and no safety net below the Chiefs’ most powerful football man.

The Chiefs’ problems are with their coaches and players, but the bigger issue is about the man who brought in those coaches and players. Yes, this game and this season are on Pioli, and there’s no denying that anymore. And there’s no more denying another truth, whether you’re ready to read it or not: The Chiefs will never win big while Pioli is this team’s boss. His priorities are too misguided, his insecurities and denial too immense to allow Kansas City’s favorite team to win the Super Bowl that he was brought here to claim.

Pioli is now in his fourth year of trying to justify the hype that earned him accolades in New England, respect within the NFL, and a multi-million-dollar job as a GM. Expectations were unreachable, maybe, but Pioli has done himself no favors by obsessing over trivial details, spending too much time trying to feed his addition to his own reputation, and engineering a team using the “discount football” philosophy that has made the Hunt family richer but has gotten the Chiefs only marginally closer to a Super Bowl.

Days like Sunday should be behind the Chiefs. This roster is so much better than the one Pioli inherited in January 2009. He’s responsible for that, too. But how much better could it be if Pioli weren’t so consumed by off-the-field nonsense? He arrived nearly five years ago and promised to curb a culture of losing. Instead, Pioli now oversees an organization shadowed in a culture of misplaced priorities and anxiety — and, yes, more losing.

Now in his fourth season as GM, Pioli has spent too much time trying to justify his decisions, rather than trying to improve them.

He whines to outsiders that the Chiefs’ salary-cap shortcomings are misunderstood? Well, spend more money, as team chairman Clark Hunt has said Pioli is authorized to do. Pioli excuses himself for his biggest mistakes, such as saying he just didn’t do his homework before hiring former coach Todd Haley? Well, why not? And he says privately that drafting a quarterback in the early rounds isn’t the point; it’s about drafting the right one. Well, Scott, then draft the right one. These things are big parts of Pioli’s job, but instead of acknowledging that, he chooses to tell himself — and, through back channels, you — that things are just fine.

In Scott We Trust? Not anymore.

Pioli cares more than you can imagine about what others think; about how his gilded reputation still shines nearly five years after it landed him this job.

He calls opinion-makers in Kansas City to plead with them to share his side of the story in exchange for a nibble of access, and he spends his own time compiling ultimately meaningless statistics in an attempt to spin unpopular draft choices and questionable spending habits into a more favorable light. He hints to anyone who’ll listen — in exchange for agreeing that you didn’t hear it from him — that the Chiefs’ playoff run in 2010 and a brief winning streak last season weren’t a result of Haley’s coaching. Those, he is convinced, were results of the magic of former offensive coordinator Charlie Weis two seasons ago and, last year, the motivating skills of Romeo Crennel. He obsesses over public relations, attempting to manipulate the message large and small. Pioli is as responsible as anyone for the misconception that Haley ruined the Chiefs and that, by firing him last December, Pioli helped to save it. How does that narrative look after the Chiefs’ second consecutive blowout loss?

Pioli craves credit and validation on good days, and he wants to hide and blame others after days like Sunday.

He worries so much about trivial matters that it’s impossible to think that such an emphasis hasn’t been an obstacle to the Chiefs’ success. He was concerned enough about what cornerback Brandon Flowers might’ve thought if Pioli had signed Brandon Carr to a richer contract that this factored into his decision to let Carr leave Kansas City and sign with the Dallas Cowboys.

Win, and nobody cares about how many dollars the Chiefs are under the salary cap, or which coach was responsible for past success, or why a free agent was allowed to walk. Lose, and all anyone wants to talk about is going to war with your first head coach, a new and considerably less shiny reputation built on micromanagement and insecurity, and stubbornly sticking with quarterback Matt Cassel just because you drafted him in New England, traded for him in Kansas City, and signed him to an extension.

Pioli has, for years now, learned from far too many mistakes. Haley. Sticking with Cassel. Thinking he can control every ounce of information. A growing number of unimpressive draft classes. The way front-office employees are treated and how bizarrely secretive everyone is expected to be. Pioli wasn’t brought to Kansas City to learn from trial and error; he was hired because he was advertised as being smart enough to avoid learning things the hard way.

Crennel is now the Chiefs’ head coach, and few people inside or outside the organization after last season would’ve suggested that elevating Crennel would be a mistake. But after an 0-2 start in which the Chiefs’ defense — Crennel’s baby — has allowed 68 points and has no idea why, that hire now looks like another blunder.

Fair or not, Pioli’s job is to anticipate days like this, put aside emotion and past allegiance in New England and with the New York Giants, and hire a coach who can take on one of the NFL’s most talented rosters and avoid this kind of start. This is the tradeoff of cashing those big paychecks, of sitting in that sprawling office, and taking on the role of one of sports’ most powerful men.

Pioli is a very bright man. He has made the Hunts a mountain of money and built the Chiefs into a team that should begin each season as a trendy playoff choice, and those things are enough to keep him employed for the foreseeable future. He has a cushion of otherwise undeserved job security because of this and because the Chiefs believe you’ll keep filling Arrowhead Stadium, keep tuning in to disasters like the one broadcast in Kansas City on Sunday, and keep believing that better days are ahead.

Maybe they are, but assembling a team at a discount and prioritizing things that don’t really matter only builds a team with a limited ceiling. As long as Pioli is in that office, your expectations should have a low ceiling, too.

Deberg_1990
09-16-2012, 06:38 PM
But Vermeil left Pioli sh*t to build with................

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-16-2012, 06:38 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/16/3818676/chiefs-will-never-win-big-with.html

In Scott We Trust?

In Scott disgust

the Talking Can
09-16-2012, 06:40 PM
sick burn

more please

that incompetent piece of shit needs to go

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Great job, Kent. Too bad you're leaving town.

OnTheWarpath58
09-16-2012, 06:41 PM
:clap:

Take a bow, Kent. You've earned it.

Good luck in Washington.

siberian khatru
09-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Exactly what I said in the game thread that I was looking for.

BTW, when is Babb leaving?

KCChiefsFan88
09-16-2012, 06:43 PM

Take a bow, Kent. You've earned it.

Good luck in Washington.

Clark and the Chiefs PR department are salivating at the thought that once Babb leaves for D.C., they'll be left with the likes of Mellinger, Teicher, Covitz, the yahoos at 810 (who the Chiefs have already bought off), and the bottom feeders at 610.

Makes you yearn for Rhonda Moss.

the Talking Can
09-16-2012, 06:44 PM
He calls opinion-makers in Kansas City to plead with them to share his side of the story in exchange for a nibble of access, and he spends his own time compiling ultimately meaningless statistics in an attempt to spin unpopular draft choices and questionable spending habits into a more favorable light. He hints to anyone who’ll listen — in exchange for agreeing that you didn’t hear it from him — that the Chiefs’ playoff run in 2010 and a brief winning streak last season weren’t a result of Haley’s coaching. Those, he is convinced, were results of the magic of former offensive coordinator Charlie Weis two seasons ago and, last year, the motivating skills of Romeo Crennel. He obsesses over public relations, attempting to manipulate the message large and small.

too bad the truth can only be told by journalists who are leaving...but what a small minded man...

and fatlock was right...barf

4 years completely wasted

DeezNutz
09-16-2012, 06:44 PM
He calls opinion-makers in Kansas City to plead with them to share his side of the story in exchange for a nibble of access, and he spends his own time compiling ultimately meaningless statistics in an attempt to spin unpopular draft choices and questionable spending habits into a more favorable light. He hints to anyone who’ll listen — in exchange for agreeing that you didn’t hear it from him — that the Chiefs’ playoff run in 2010 and a brief winning streak last season weren’t a result of Haley’s coaching. Those, he is convinced, were results of the magic of former offensive coordinator Charlie Weis two seasons ago and, last year, the motivating skills of Romeo Crennel. He obsesses over public relations, attempting to manipulate the message large and small. Pioli is as responsible as anyone for the misconception that Haley ruined the Chiefs and that, by firing him last December, Pioli helped to save it. How does that narrative look after the Chiefs’ second consecutive blowout loss?

This paragraph is alarming and informative. Unfortunately, though, it's not incredibly different from what Whitlock was warning about years ago.

Pioli is dumb as fuck.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Where's Clay's lowered expectations pic? lmao

the Talking Can
09-16-2012, 06:45 PM
mind meld

BossChief
09-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Hopefully, this is the first in a long line of articles that hold Pioli responsible for HIS decisions.

I cant wait till someone calls him out on forcing the coaches to keep Cassel on the field.

Deberg_1990
09-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Crennel is now the Chiefs’ head coach, and few people inside or outside the organization after last season would’ve suggested that elevating Crennel would be a mistake.

Solid column except for this sentence. huh? Lots of people on this board thought it was a mistake.

Flachief58
09-16-2012, 06:47 PM

Baconeater
09-16-2012, 06:48 PM
He arrived nearly five years ago...
This guy must have went to the same school as those idiots who couldn't count the number of days between football games in Whitlock's thread a few days back.

the Talking Can
hiring Crennel was the laziest thing any GM has done in a long time

it's also proof that he's out of ideas

BossChief
I feel like a fool for being duped by this buffoon.

Live and learn.

stonedstooge
Wishing a Fat Scotty nervous breakdown. His kind need to be brought down to reality.

tk13
09-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Pioli may very well be right. Our success two years ago might have been because of Weis and Crennel. They were certainly the only two guys in the entire organization during Pioli's tenure that had a consistent history of success at the positions they held that season.

So why did Pioli let Weis walk while Haley stayed behind, then?

OnTheWarpath58
Hopefully, this is the first in a long line of articles that hold Pioli responsible for HIS decisions.

I cant wait till someone calls him out on forcing the coaches to keep Cassel on the field.

Articles won't change anything. IIRC, Babb was the one that wrote the long story about the secretive culture around the complex, how Haley thought his personal phone was being tapped, etc.

People read it, and promptly ignored it.

Same will happen here, regardless of record.

There are too many sheep in this fanbase to expect otherwise.

the Talking Can
Pioli may very well be right. Our success two years ago might have been because of Weis and Crennel. They were the only two guys in the entire organization during Pioli's tenure that had a consistent history of success at the positions they held that season.

So why did Pioli let Weis walk while Haley stay behind, then?

and why promote crennel above his pay grade?

scho63
Babb got balls now that he is leaving

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2012, 06:50 PM

This. I expected more from the executive of the decade.

BossChief

Or that nobody else would choke on Cassels cock but Crennel.

I would be willing to bet money that Cassel played a role in Manning LOLing @ us, too.

O.city
He's right. There's too much individual talent to lose like this. We are essentially the 2010 49ers

the Talking Can
09-16-2012, 06:51 PM

I would be willing to bet money that Cassel played a role in Manning LOLing @ us, too.

yeah, that's possible

FringeNC
Wow. Nice article, especially the insider tidbits about Pioli attempting to work journalists. Only gripe with the story is that the big problem isn't the lack of spending, but is Matt fucking Cassel, and Pioli's bizarre infatuation with him.

Baby Lee
VINDICATION

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263715

Spongeblack Bobtard
I have no doubt that Pioli is psychopath. I work for one and he's exactly like him. It will drive you crazy working for someone like him. However, Haley was still a bad coach.

I guess I am glad that Babb wrote this article but, it's kind of too little too late. They should have pressed hard from the beginning like Whitlock did. I can't respect these guys.

FAX
09-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Wow. Studly.

Babb is leaving? So, is this his stink bomb on exit?

Mr. Baby Lee is right. It's time for the KC Media guys to show some guts ... and for the KC Media girls to show some tittahs ... because Dr. Evil is proving to be some kind of incompetent shyster.

Is there a Patriots way of tar and feathering somebody?

FAX

O.city
09-16-2012, 06:53 PM

I think this might be more likely te case

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-16-2012, 06:55 PM
I can tell you from experience that you have to be very careful when trying to out a psychopath. It will quickly turn on you just like it did on Haley with the bugging thing.

If only Looney would give his real perspective... I would pay to read that...

FAX
09-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Pioli may very well be right. Our success two years ago might have been because of Weis and Crennel. They were certainly the only two guys in the entire organization during Pioli's tenure that had a consistent history of success at the positions they held that season.

That article is chock full of illogical, counter-intuitive, incongruence. Not only that, but there are parts that don't make much sense.

FAX

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-16-2012, 06:57 PM

Nah, it was more to do with Manning being the anti-Patriot. He wanted nothing to do with Pioli and the Patriot way imo. There is alot of history there. you guys have Cassel on the mind way too much.

BigRedChief
09-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Holy crap, the KC press actually writing something negative about the team? Go figure, first time for everything. ohhhhh Babb is leaving the market.LMAO

Frazod
09-16-2012, 06:59 PM

Our success two years ago was all smoke and mirrors. They were mediocre at best, and lucky beneficiaries of a weak schedule and an even weaker division. It amazes me that people still take it seriously.

FringeNC
09-16-2012, 07:00 PM
He calls opinion-makers in Kansas City to plead with them to share his side of the story in exchange for a nibble of access, and he spends his own time compiling ultimately meaningless statistics in an attempt to spin unpopular draft choices and questionable spending habits into a more favorable light.

It's so obvious anything Peter King or Michael Lombardi says about the Chiefs comes straight from Pioli's mouth.

BossChief
Nah, it was more to do with Manning being the anti-Patriot. He wanted nothing to do with Pioli and the Patriot way imo. There is alot of history there. you guys have Cassel on the mind way too much.

I dont care to hear you respond to my posts.

Please, stop doing so and promptly find a cliff to jump head first off and aim for a sharp, jagged rock.

Make it quick, medical science is too good these days and they might just save your life and we all know you would post 200 times a day, then.

bye

saphojunkie
I love this. I love it. I was at a bar with Chiefs fans today, and I actively cheered for both the Stevie Johnson touchdown and the return TD by McKelvin.

I hope Cassel stays healthy all freaking year. There needs to be zero illusions. No close games. Just the beatdowns that Pioli's shit team deserves. There is no room for interpretation anymore. The guy is just ****ing wrong about how to build a winner.

Straight, No Chaser
09-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Unfortunately, he only found the nads to write this as the door hits him in the arse

BossChief
09-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Anybody have a clue how much it would cost to run a full page ad on the star?

Ace Gunner
09-16-2012, 07:04 PM
and the spin stops.

Start Croyle
09-16-2012, 07:04 PM
The best players on the team are all leftovers from Herm and Carl!

Setsuna
09-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Anybody have a clue how much it would cost to run a full page ad on the star?

An ad? Probably about $200 since it's full page.

smittysbar
09-16-2012, 07:06 PM
This is a great article, media in KC are horrid, no one wants to ask tough questions.

FAX
09-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Our success two years ago was all smoke and mirrors. They were mediocre at best, and lucky beneficiaries of a weak schedule and an even weaker division. It amazes me that people still take it seriously.

Yep. However, it deserves mention that we did make progress. Compared to the Herm years, we were a more disciplined and more athletic and better conditioned team, I think.

Haley could never get the coordinator problems fixed. And, of course, he needed to be kept in a box until game day.

The mirage is that the players we've added in the Dr. Evil plotted drafts aren't "fits" for the scheme in which they're supposed to play. Houston and Berry may be the exceptions. But, other than those guys, we seem to be a bunch of round pegs looking for a square hole. And there ain't no NFL in China, baby.

FAX

ILChief
09-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Meh, draft a stud QB and all this shit goes away

Guru
09-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Meh, draft a stud QB and all this shit goes away
I'm no longer convinced of that. this team is a mess.

Von Dumbass
09-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Mr. Baby Lee is right. It's time for the KC Media guys to show some guts ... and for the KC Media girls to show some tittahs

LMAO

BossChief
09-16-2012, 07:15 PM

Its gotta be way more than that.

If its only 200 bucks, Ill chip in the first 50 if you guys want to take out a full page ad on the wholesale changes that need to be made.

FAX
09-16-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm no longer convinced of that. this team is a mess.

Yeah ... I was having serious difficulty finding anything "redeeming" in our performance today. We look like a bunch of clowns on both sides of the ball. Heck, our version of special teams is even ... well ... "special".

Whatever is wrong with this club is systemic. I don't think you could look more inept if you tried.

FAX

Guru
09-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah ... I was having serious difficulty finding anything "redeeming" in our performance today. We look like a bunch of clowns on both sides of the ball. Heck, our version of special teams is even ... well ... "special".

Whatever is wrong with this club is systemic. I don't think you could look more inept if you tried.

FAX

wait until next week when we play a pissed off Saints team.

Chocolate Hog
09-16-2012, 07:19 PM

If its only 200 bucks, Ill chip in the first 50 if you guys want to take out a full page ad on the wholesale changes that need to be made.

I would throw in some money. Who's writing the ad though?

Discuss Thrower
09-16-2012, 07:19 PM
I would throw in some money. Who's writing the ad though?

Dibs.

siberian khatru
09-16-2012, 07:20 PM

It's waaaay more than that.

saphojunkie
09-16-2012, 07:20 PM

Oh god we are losing, and we are losing HUGE.

Bewbies
09-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Fuck writing an ad, throw up the Declaration of Independence, MO.

FAX
09-16-2012, 07:22 PM

Hmmm.

That doesn't sound good. I think the Saints have a tight end on their team.

FAX

saphojunkie
09-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Maybe we can beat the Browns, but who the fuck else are we even going to compete with?

Split with Raiders, maybe?

We could seriously go 2-14 again. God, please do. I'll be so pissed if this team squeaks out 5 or 6 wins.

Count Alex's Losses
09-16-2012, 07:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YTYJB.gif

Chocolate Hog
09-16-2012, 07:24 PM
If we do this it'll make national headlines and embarrass the fuck out of the Chiefs.

saphojunkie
09-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Hmmm.

FAX

Yeah, and he was drafted after Moeaki. :banghead:

saphojunkie
09-16-2012, 07:26 PM
**** writing an ad, throw up the Declaration of Independence, MO.

Need to set up a website for the entire document to be posted, and have people sign it.

ChiefsCountry
09-16-2012, 07:26 PM

Try around $10,000 for a full page ad in the Kansas City Star.

MahiMike
09-16-2012, 07:30 PM
I dunno, Scott isn't alone in the blame. Chiefs are consistently at top of salary cap space.

ILChief
09-16-2012, 07:32 PM
It's waaaay more than that.

Yeah it would be thousands

displacedinMN
09-16-2012, 07:36 PM
That is a killer article. It makes the Chiefs look worse than the Mellinger article on privacy.

I always thought Star staff treated the Chiefs gingerly-the gloves are off.

When will Pioli start to block the Star from access?

Bewbies
09-16-2012, 07:38 PM
That is a killer article. It makes the Chiefs look worse than the Mellinger article on privacy.

I always thought Star staff treated the Chiefs gingerly-the gloves are off.

When will Pioli start to block the Star from access?

What time was this article posted? LMAO

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Maybe we can beat the Browns, but who the **** else are we even going to compete with?

Split with Raiders, maybe?

We could seriously go 2-14 again. God, please do. I'll be so pissed if this team squeaks out 5 or 6 wins.

Hopefully we finally get our QB. Finally.

qabbaan
09-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Carl and Herm left a disgusting mess here. Polio got the car basically out of the ditch but has no clue what to do next.

Why obsess over PR so much? Why not obsess over getting a real pro QB, or a real pro head coach, or real coordinators, or maybe all of the above at once and see how that works out?

I'm still flabbergasted at how horribly this Polio thing has worked out. How could someone from a lofty position in such a great organization be so clueless?

Saccopoo
09-16-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm still flabbergasted at how horribly this Polio thing has worked out. How could someone from a lofty position in such a great organization be so clueless?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aYOb03GG0Nc/Th-2w-uC5YI/AAAAAAAAAOQ/Rev7NXOtZCo/s1600/1109_qb-tom-brady_485x340.jpg

the Talking Can
09-16-2012, 07:44 PM
that one dumb pats fan never shows up to lecture us when the shit hits the patriot way fan....

qabbaan
09-16-2012, 07:45 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aYOb03GG0Nc/Th-2w-uC5YI/AAAAAAAAAOQ/Rev7NXOtZCo/s1600/1109_qb-tom-brady_485x340.jpg

Well, duh, there is only one Brady. But it don't take a genius to see that the only thing Caseel and Brady have in common is their gender. Why would Polio fix his fortunes on someone so obviously out of their depth as a starting QB?

L.A. Chieffan
09-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Jackie battle scored two tds today. FUCK YOU SCOTT

displacedinMN
09-16-2012, 07:46 PM
What time was this article posted? LMAO

less than an hour

Bewbies
09-16-2012, 07:49 PM
less than an hour

The joke

Your head

The Village Idiot
09-16-2012, 07:49 PM
10k to take out an add?

I think we can actually come up with that. I'll chip in some to this, and I don't even live in Kansas city, I'm in Virginia.

The problem is setting up the donation site.

I think you can easily find 10k chiefs fans that are sick of us getting beat down, and would chip in a dollar.

Set it up, mods make a stickie an I bet we get te 10k by week 7 or 8

Bewbies
09-16-2012, 07:50 PM
10k to take out an add?

I think we can actually come up with that. I'll chip in some to this, and I don't even live in Kansas city, I'm in Virginia.

The problem is setting up the donation site.

I think you can easily find 10k chiefs fans that are sick of us getting beat down, and would chip in a dollar.

Set it up, mods make a stickie an I bet we get te 10k by week 7 or 8

Fuck that. Setup a website, tweet the shit out of it to Chiefs media folks. Someone picks it up, same deal done for $7.

qabbaan
09-16-2012, 07:52 PM
I dunno, Scott isn't alone in the blame. Chiefs are consistently at top of salary cap space.

Carl says Polio is authorized to spend. Hunt doesn't sign free agents, the GM does that

jcroft
09-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Unfortunately, he only found the nads to write this as the door hits him in the arse

Two words: Arrowhead. Anxiety.

Count Alex's Losses
09-16-2012, 07:58 PM
www.firescottpioli.com

I have a billion GIFs.

A billion facts.

A billion posts.

durtyrute
09-16-2012, 07:58 PM
All of that shit he said was exactly why Peyton chose Denver over us. Haley and Whitlock were right about Pioli and no one listened.

DeezNutz
09-16-2012, 08:01 PM
mind meld

fist bump.

DeezNutz
09-16-2012, 08:03 PM

Nah. $200 is the going rate for naming rights at the K. Full-page ads are far more expensive.

DeezNutz
09-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Hmmm.

FAX

They do, but he was drafted after Brokaki, so we know that the Saints player isn't as good.

kcpasco
09-16-2012, 08:08 PM
The fact that Cassel is still the Qb going into his 4th year should be enough to show that fat fuck the door.

The Seahawks just spent a ton of money on Flynn and they decided the rookie was a better choice.

FUCK THIS FRANCHISE

JohnnyHammersticks
09-16-2012, 08:11 PM

It could be laziness, or it could be that word has gotten around the NFL what an insecure little bald headed prick Pioli is and no coach with any other options available wants anything to do with the asshole control-freak.

The Bad Guy
09-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Carl and Herm left a disgusting mess here. Polio got the car basically out of the ditch but has no clue what to do next.

Why obsess over PR so much? Why not obsess over getting a real pro QB, or a real pro head coach, or real coordinators, or maybe all of the above at once and see how that works out?

LOL Wut???

This was a young team that's best players were left from Carl and Herm. Pioli could have handcrafted this roster anyway he wanted. Instead, he went for the guy who he was close to CUTTING a year prior. Then to validate his trade, he goes out and pays him 63 million on top of it.

Carl was a shitbag, but Scott has ruined this franchise just as much as Carl did. Only difference is Scott did it in 4 years, Carl took 20.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2012, 08:16 PM
How do you guys feel about this defense switching to a 4-3?

ILChief
09-16-2012, 08:23 PM

http://i.usatoday.net/news/_photos/2012/04/07/Titanic-deck-chairs-symbolism-lives-on-691492FG-x-large.jpg

milkman
09-16-2012, 08:26 PM

I said this before today's game.

I would love to see this defense 1 gap with Powe in the middle and Poe at RDE.

Rausch
09-16-2012, 08:27 PM

:shake:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Xxg9unq3Kx4/UD-PYI0c8sI/AAAAAAAABDk/D6QPUTEE0iA/s320/GTFO.png

kcpasco
09-16-2012, 08:27 PM

It's not the Patriot way

Priest31kc
09-16-2012, 08:30 PM
How about we just switch to a freakin 1 gap or zone blitz 3-4?

This defense just lacks aggressiveness and that mean streak like I'm watching now with the 49ers...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2012, 08:30 PM
:shake:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Xxg9unq3Kx4/UD-PYI0c8sI/AAAAAAAABDk/D6QPUTEE0iA/s320/GTFO.png

IMO, Dorsey would dominate in a 4-3. Just me though.

Priest31kc
09-16-2012, 08:31 PM

So it'd be:

Poe - Powe - Dorsey - Hali

Houston - Belcher - DJ

?

the Talking Can
09-16-2012, 08:32 PM

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2012, 08:33 PM
So it'd be:

Poe - Powe - Dorsey - Hali

Houston - Belcher - DJ

?

I'd leave DJ in middle, keep Houston at OLB and get rid of Belcher and find another OLB in FA as he is nothing special, IMO.

Discuss Thrower

Shades of Dukakis riding shotty in an Abrams tank.

Brainiac
www.firescottpioli.com

I have a billion GIFs.

A billion facts.

A billion posts.
The site needs a little work.

Guru
09-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Whoa, the Royals called up Odorizzi?

aturnis
09-16-2012, 08:34 PM
5An ad? Probably about $200 since it's full page.

I would contribute. It'd be great if we could gather enough jack to print a full page add each and every week from here on out...

JASONSAUTO
09-16-2012, 08:35 PM

Yep
Posted via Mobile Device

Tuckdaddy
09-16-2012, 08:36 PM
I still say that his biggest problem is Matt.

Dicky McElephant
09-16-2012, 08:36 PM
I said this before today's game.

I would love to see this defense 1 gap with Powe in the middle and Poe at RDE.

Fucking this. And move Berry to FS.

aturnis
09-16-2012, 08:37 PM
It'd be great if we could get a page in close proximity to the Chiefs write up in the sports page, forcing fans to notice them.

chiefzilla1501
09-16-2012, 08:38 PM
I don't think Babb is accurate that Pioli has built a poor team or drafted poorly.

As I've said before, Pioli has built a pretty solid team that is undermined big time by his own arrogance. And the worst part is, if he would ever just admit or fix those 3 mistakes, we'd be very good.

ILChief
09-16-2012, 08:38 PM
I still say that his biggest problem is Matt.

and it's not even close. Look at the Giants today. Their D sucked even worse than ours, but they won. Why? because they have a great QB that can win without everything being perfect around him.

jAZ
09-16-2012, 08:39 PM
I have a long leash with my coaches, quarterbacks and GM's. But this season is the end of the leash for me. Turn it around or blow it up and try again.

gblowfish
09-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Babb can write this kind of stuff now that he's on his way to the Washington Post. He's burning his local bridges. Wonder how the KC Star feels about that?

stonedstooge
09-16-2012, 08:40 PM

Dayton must not want any of the focus on Fat Scotty coming across the parking lot

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2012, 08:40 PM
I don't think Babb is accurate that Pioli has built a poor team or drafted poorly.

LMAO

2009 draft. Arenas. Cassel. Goff. Lilja. Succop over Barth. On and on and on.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2012, 08:41 PM

As I've said before, Pioli has built a pretty solid team that is undermined big time by his own arrogance. And the worst part is, if he would ever just admit or fix those 3 mistakes, we'd be very good.

What exactly has Pioli "built?" Who are his players? Berry is one I think will be great, but that's one. Who else?

Marcellus
09-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Babb can write this kind of stuff now that he's on his way to the Washington Post. He's burning his local bridges. Wonder how the KC Star feels about that?

I doubt the Star cares. Controversy sells papers. Whitlock got rich and famous off of it.

KCrockaholic
09-16-2012, 08:44 PM
KC needs Whitlock right now.

GloryDayz
09-16-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm going to print all these articles... I could be fapping to them all next week in Dallas!

TEX
09-16-2012, 08:45 PM
It could be laziness, or it could be that word has gotten around the NFL what an insecure little bald headed prick Pioli is and no coach with any other options available wants anything to do with the asshole control-freak.

Or one Peyton Manning...

Count Alex's Losses
09-16-2012, 08:46 PM
HEY DANE! LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT PLAYOFF WIN.

InChiefsHell
09-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Cassell is not making this defense suck. Or the Special teams. He's responsible for his own epic suckage. Pioli is responsible for putting all the eggs in that fuckstick's basket...

The only constant through all these years of futility is the Hunts. I fear as long as Clark is running shit, we're screwed. The whole organization is goddam awful and has been through the CP years and all the goddam coaches we've had. The 90s were fun but ultimately a waste. That starts with ownership.

TEX
09-16-2012, 08:49 PM

Man I used to think that too but all the good teams have better talent. Bottom line - this team should be better in y.ear 4. John Elway has done a better job in Denver in half the time.

chiefzilla1501
09-16-2012, 08:49 PM
What exactly has Pioli "built?" Who are his players?

Don't believe that this team is bad just because we have Captain Softie coaching our players. Let's not forget that this is the same exact team that beat the Packers, hustled the crap out of the Steelers, and almost salvaged a playoff berth despite major quarterback issues.

And that team could only have gotten better by adding back Berry, Charles, Moeaki, and adding Boss and Winston.

As I've said before, you put a real QB on this team and a real head coach, and this team is very good. If this team kept Orton and Haley, and added back those 5 players, this team would be unstoppable.

Like I said, it's arrogance that's keeping the team from that. And sadly, it got so out of control that the QB problem and head coach problem are unfixable for the immediate future.

But let's not forget that this is a team that played extremely well with much fewer pieces. Don't confuse lack of talent with horrendous coaching.

KCDC
09-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Haley went down, in part, by his belief in Palko. Pioli might go down for his belief in Cassel.

Yet, the complete team collapse cannot be left at the doorstep of Cassel alone. That is with the coaches.

DaneMcCloud
HEY DANE! LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT PLAYOFF WIN.

Clay, I think that we're all entitled to a little optimism every once in a while.

So, the Chiefs suck ass again. Nothing new to see here.

Marcellus
Don't believe that this team is bad just because we have Captain Softie coaching our players. Let's not forget that this is the same exact team that beat the Packers, hustled the crap out of the Steelers, and almost salvaged a playoff berth despite major quarterback issues.

And that team could only have gotten better by adding back Berry, Charles, Moeaki, and adding Boss and Winston.

As I've said before, you put a real QB on this team and a real head coach, and this team is very good. If this team kept Orton and Haley, and added back those 5 players, this team would be unstoppable.

Like I said, it's arrogance that's keeping the team from that. And sadly, it got so out of control that the QB problem and head coach problem are unfixable for the immediate future.

But let's not forget that this is a team that played extremely well with much fewer pieces. Don't confuse lack of talent with horrendous coaching.

A large part of the national media believe KC is very talented as well.

Something is off.

chiefzilla1501
09-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Man I used to think that too but all the good teams have better talent. This team should be better in year 4.

I disagree. Last year, when I watched the Pittsburgh and Green Bay game, my first thought was that we are a QB away from being a legitimately difficult out in the playoffs. We not only added a QB, but made tremendous improvements to our running game, offensive line, added 2 significant improvements at tight end, and added a significant improvement at safety.

I don't know that I've ever seen a Chiefs team all 53 down play softer, with less heart, and with less focus than what I've seen the past 2 games.

Count Alex's Losses
09-16-2012, 08:52 PM
KC needs Whitlock right now.

He had these today. Miss you, Big Sexy.

http://i.imgur.com/chz2u.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ukJQV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/75a6J.jpg

KCrockaholic
09-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Since Clark Hunt has taken over the Chiefs have been the worst team in the league. Disgusting.

DaneMcCloud
A large part of the national media believe KC is very talented as well.

Something is off.

It's all on the QB. All of it. This team lacks confidence.

Also, JC has not fully recovered. They should use him sparingly this year, IMO.

Ace Gunner
Spiller made this team look foolish. That is talent and outside Jamaal, Bowe & Tamba, ain't no talent like that on this team.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Spiller made this team look foolish. That is talent and outside Jamaal & Tamba, ain't no talent like that on this team.

Bullshit.

This team has already given up.

petegz28
09-16-2012, 08:56 PM
It's all on the QB. All of it. This team lacks confidence.

Also, JC has not fully recovered. They should use him sparingly this year, IMO.

It's not ALL on the QB but he is defnitiely a problem. Really the last 2 games have shown DJ is the Cassel of the defense. This guy has really been out of touch.

petegz28
09-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Spiller made this team look foolish. That is talent and outside Jamaal, Bowe & Tamba, ain't no talent like that on this team.

Dude this team has a lot of talent. We just don't have a talented QB and the coaches obviously don't know how to utilize the rest of the talent.

Ace Gunner
09-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Bullshit.

This team has already given up.

No man. This team is lost without a leader. They got DJ acting a fool on defense and Cassel acting a fool on offense.

And the new ST coach is a fucking idiot. ST is now officially bad. Fucking horrible.

You don't field 99% of the same team that won the AFCW title and then look like this garbage without leadership. Bad leadership.

chiefzilla1501
09-16-2012, 09:01 PM
No man. This team is lost without a leader. They got DJ acting a fool on defense and Cassel acting a fool on offense.

And the new ST coach is a ****ing idiot. ST is now officially bad. ****ing horrible.

You don't field 99% of the same team that won the AFCW title and then look like this garbage without leadership. Bad leadership.

I'm not convinced that ST isn't a problem because our players play with no heart.

Special Teams should be about wanting to knock heads off. I don't see any of that in our players.

Ace Gunner
09-16-2012, 09:01 PM
It's not ALL on the QB but he is defnitiely a problem. Really the last 2 games have shown DJ is the Cassel of the defense. This guy has really been out of touch.

DJ is a fake. He'll be out of this league in a matter of games.

mcaj22
09-16-2012, 09:02 PM
you cant say there is talent on this team and then say Pioli sucks. If Pioli sucks its because there is NO talent, and hes done a piss poor job of adding talent

you cant have it both ways, its either his fault this team lacks talent or it isnt

I say it is, his drafts are all a bunch of smoke and mirrors and are actually 4 terrible years of drafting if you break down. 2 good players a couple of role players and no impact players or playmakers and then the rest scrubs. Thats not talent

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2012, 09:02 PM

And the new ST coach is a ****ing idiot. ST is now officially bad. ****ing horrible.

The offense being shit isn't surprising because I expected that with Cassel. The most surprising thing to me has been the defense being out of position. They are playing like this is a new scheme. Why, is what I ask. Why? It's the same damn scheme.

Ace Gunner
09-16-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm not convinced that ST isn't a problem because our players play with no heart.

Special Teams should be about wanting to knock heads off. I don't see any of that in our players.

Welcome to the new and improved NFL. Now siddown, shaddup and don't fucking cuss or you will be escorted from the stadium. Enjoy -- Clark & Roger.

chiefzilla1501
09-16-2012, 09:03 PM
you cant say there is talent on this team and then say Pioli sucks. If Pioli sucks its because there is NO talent, and hes done a piss poor job of adding talent

you cant have it both ways, its either his fault this team lacks talent or it isnt

I say it is, his drafts are all a bunch of smoke and mirrors and are actually 4 terrible years of drafting if you break down. 2 good players a couple of role players and no impact players or playmakers and then the rest scrubs. Thats not talent

You can have it both ways.

There is plenty of talent. We just have a head coach and QB who are seriously undermining the talent that we have.

chiefzilla1501
09-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the new and improved NFL. Now siddown, shaddup and don't ****ing cuss or you will be escorted from the stadium. Enjoy -- Clark & Roger.

It's a sad day when the employees for your company are yelled at for not picking up gum wrappers, but coddled when they miss a tackle.

Brock
09-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Pioli excuses himself for his biggest mistakes, such as saying he just didn’t do his homework before hiring former coach Todd Haley?

Easily the most damning thing about this article. This is your signature hire and you didn't think to check the guy out?

Marcellus

There is plenty of talent. We just have a head coach and QB who are seriously undermining the talent that we have.

Mucho agreement.

Ace Gunner
The offense being shit isn't surprising because I expected that with Cassel. The most surprising thing to me has been the defense being out of position. They are playing like this is a new scheme. Why, what I ask. Why? It's the same damn scheme.

They are stupid players. Really, it's just a few key guys that just have zero game and without somebody booting them in the ass constantly, they just do what dumbasses do.

Marcellus
09-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Easily the most damning thing about this article. This is your signature hire and you didn't think to check the guy out?

Odd thing is I don't ever remember hearing this before.

DeezNutz
09-16-2012, 09:06 PM

Nonsense. The team is a joke.

BigMeatballDave
09-16-2012, 09:08 PM
DJ is a fake. He'll be out of this league in a matter of games.

LMAO

mcaj22

thats a tough call to make to claim this is some sort of rare 49ers-like situation.

you dont know that unless they would get the right coach in here, and that is like fitting a square peg in a round hole. Who is the perfect hire to make all this "talent" as you put it fit?

and the true test of if the wagons fall off this team is who stays or leaves for FA in the biggest offseason of Pioli's Chiefs career coming up. That alone will be telling of how much talent we have left

FAX

That can't be true.

My guess is that Dr. Evil has said this in order to excuse the fiasco in some way.

As time goes by, I'm more convinced that Pioli has some sort of severe emotional problem. He's too sneaky by half.

FAX

Dave Lane
09-16-2012, 09:09 PM
This paragraph is alarming and informative. Unfortunately, though, it's not incredibly different from what Whitlock was warning about years ago.

Pioli is dumb as ****.

Turning on your coach and undermining him at every turn makes you nothing but a fat fucking farce.

DeezNutz
09-16-2012, 09:10 PM
That can't be true.

My guess is that Dr. Evil has said this in order to excuse the fiasco in some way.

As time goes by, I'm more convinced that Pioli has some sort of severe emotional problem. He's too sneaky by half.

FAX

I don't believe it either. It sounds like the type of excuse a child gives when he tries to side-step the fact that he failed.

"Eh, I wasn't really trying..."

Chiefs Pantalones
They are stupid players. Really, it's just a few key guys that just have zero game and without somebody booting them in the ass constantly, they just do what dumbasses do.
Lol I don't know about that but ok.

Dave Lane
That can't be true.

FAX

He wanted Haley, he waited for Haley and then Haley went for it on 4th down and Dr. Evil turned on him like a weasel.

GloryDayz
09-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Cassell is not making this defense suck. Or the Special teams. He's responsible for his own epic suckage. Pioli is responsible for putting all the eggs in that ****stick's basket...

The only constant through all these years of futility is the Hunts. I fear as long as Clark is running shit, we're screwed. The whole organization is goddam awful and has been through the CP years and all the goddam coaches we've had. The 90s were fun but ultimately a waste. That starts with ownership.

Soooo true.. I know he's the hardest one to vote off the island, but it's the real answer to the problem. Their are a million bad coaches, GMs and players, and in some cases just bad combinations of "OK" coaches, GMs and players, but leave it to the Hunt family to always be stuck with a cocktail of both! So Hunt selling is the single biggest part of this team getting better.

chiefzilla1501
09-16-2012, 09:13 PM
thats a tough call to make to claim this is some sort of rare 49ers-like situation.

you dont know that unless they would get the right coach in here, and that is like fitting a square peg in a round hole. Who is the perfect hire to make all this "talent" as you put it fit?

and the true test of if the wagons fall off this team is who stays or leaves for FA in the biggest offseason of Pioli's Chiefs career coming up. That alone will be telling of how much talent we have left

It's not a rare 49ers-like situation.

We saw how good our defense was to close last season. We saw how efficiently we could move the ball even with an average QB like Orton (he couldn't score in the red zone, but he moved the ball very efficiently).

I dont' know why people forget that this team despite bottom 5 players at QB and RB were playing very good football the second half of the year.

Ace Gunner
09-16-2012, 09:15 PM

You know, you are really a fucking moron. Haley was a very very late hire because Pioli was a very late hire.

And what makes me so irritated at posts like yours is, you don't even do your due diligence in researching the fact that Haley and Pioli go back to the Jets under Parcells during the nineties. They worked together for years.

There is no fucking excuse for the charades Pioli has woven into his arsenal, yet Clark Hunt seems to keep finding them for dumbasses just like you.

DeezNutz

We saw how good our defense was to close last season. We saw how efficiently we could move the ball even with an average QB like Orton (he couldn't score in the red zone, but he moved the ball very efficiently).

I dont' know why people forget that this team despite bottom 5 players at QB and RB were playing very good football the second half of the year.

The Royals will carry that second-half momentum into next year.

Tuckdaddy
Let's not forget that Jackson and Baldwin look like busts. Baldwin is so slow he will never amount to anything as a WR. Piloi fugged us with those guys.

the Talking Can
09-16-2012, 09:16 PM
look what harbaugh has done for san fran

pioli gets $5 mill a fucking year to get it right

he's failed twice at hiring a HC...and failed spectacularly (no need to mention the QB fiasco)

he's lost any benefit of the doubt and the sooner he is removed the sooner this franchise can try to find a GM that isn't a fraud....

and his drafts are over rated...there has been precious little development of anyone in his drafts outside of Houston and Berry pre-injury

Fritz88
Whitlock was right, yet people here flamed him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Lane
Haley went down, in part, by his belief in Palko. Pioli might go down for his belief in Cassel.

Yet, the complete team collapse cannot be left at the doorstep of Cassel alone. That is with the coaches.

I see this Palko complaint for Haley over and over. But we've seen what Stanzi is AND he was even rawer and less skilled last year with no off season. Sadly and due to Piolis incompetence Palko was the best option available to Haley.

DeezNutz
09-16-2012, 09:17 PM
look what harbaugh has done for san fran

pioli gets $5 mill a ****ing year to get it right

he's failed twice at hiring a HC...and failed spectacularly (no need to mention the QB fiasco)

he's lost any benefit of the doubt and the sooner he is removed the sooner this franchise can try to find a GM that isn't a fraud....

and his drafts are over rated...there has been precious little development of anyone in his drafts outside of Houston and Berry pre-injury

This post is like a run right at Tyson Jackson.

GloryDayz
09-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Since Clark Hunt has taken over the Chiefs have been the worst team in the league. Disgusting.

And he's a silver spoon trust fund brat, he doesn't give a shit. All his pussy self knows is $30M a year is coming his was free and clear, and that keeps his sack very empty!!

Brock
09-16-2012, 09:19 PM
You know, you are really a fucking moron. Haley was a very very late hire because Pioli was a very late hire.

And what makes me so irritated at posts like yours is, you don't even do your due diligence in researching the fact that Haley and Pioli go back to the Jets under Parcells during the nineties. They worked together for years.

There is no fucking excuse for the charades Pioli has woven into his arsenal, yet Clark Hunt seems to keep finding them for dumbasses just like you.

I'm just going off of what the article says, Corky. Use a little vagisil for that irritation.

DaneMcCloud

LMAO

The excuses never end

notorious

I will never figure why he thought that hiring Crennel was a good idea.

the Talking Can

i don't know why you're hung up on last year...

there's nothing about the last 4 games that make them anything but one offs...

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

People here are fucking stupid

mcaj22

but I was talking TALENT added by Pioli only in terms of drafting.

Any GM could add a veteran like Orton and our momentum last season was carried by a core group of guys that WERE NOT drafted by Pioli. And I am saying that talent will slowly start to leave the Chiefs (i.e. like Carr) and Pioli in 4 years has done a poor job to replenish their voids with playmakers of equal value.

Who will replace Bowe, Albert, Dorsey? Who replaces Carr? These are answers Pioli has done a poor job of addressing and next offseason will be the biggest test if it blows up in his face

DeezNutz
LMAO

The excuses never end

'09 was an evaluation year.
'10 was the "real" year.
'11 was injuries and Haley. Fuck them both.
'12...oh...shit.

Ace Gunner
09-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Lol I don't know about that but ok.

If they look like keystone cops at the NFL level with the cameras rolling, that is what they are. Many fans on this board ripped Mike Vrabel's old crusty ass, but he lined this fucking stupendous train wreck up just about every fucking play of every fucking game he was with them and they looked far better than this piece of fuck DJ is lining up.

Romeo is going to change out personnel. He already started to do it today. That is not because of "coaching leadership" it is because the fucking leaders on the field are fucking failures and they need to siddown.

FAX
I see this Palko complaint for Haley over and over. But we've seen what Stanzi is AND he was even rawer and less skilled last year with no off season. Sadly and due to Piolis incompetence Palko was the best option available to Haley.

I agree. That needs to stop.

Blaming Haley for Palko is like blaming a dog for sniffing its own ass.

Actually ... come to think of it ... they're identical.

FAX

Rain Man
Wow. There are a lot of tidbits in the article.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2012, 09:22 PM
If they look like keystone cops at the NFL level with the cameras rolling, that is what they are. Many fans on this board ripped Mike Vrabel's old crusty ass, but he lined this fucking stupendous train wreck up just about every fucking play of every fucking game he was with them and they looked far better than this piece of fuck DJ is lining up.

ROFL

the Talking Can
09-16-2012, 09:22 PM

he's lazy, he's afraid to go outside the tree for fear of being exposed, and his reputation for little-dick syndrome is such that no one with ambition wants to work for him....mix and match as you will

DeezNutz
09-16-2012, 09:24 PM
he's lazy, he's afraid to go outside the tree for fear of being exposed, and his reputation for little-dick syndrome is such that no one with ambition wants to work for him....mix and match as you will

Not laziness. Nepotism driven and fed by arrogance.

OnTheWarpath58
09-16-2012, 09:24 PM

LMAO

The excuses never end

'09 was an evaluation year.
'10 was the "real" year.
'11 was injuries and Haley. Fuck them both.
'12...oh...shit.

Pioli was a very late hire?

On January 13th?

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-16-2012, 09:25 PM
If they look like keystone cops at the NFL level with the cameras rolling, that is what they are. Many fans on this board ripped Mike Vrabel's old crusty ass, but he lined this ****ing stupendous train wreck up just about every ****ing play of every ****ing game he was with them and they looked far better than this piece of **** DJ is lining up.

Romeo is going to change out personnel. He already started to do it today. That is not because of "coaching leadership" it is because the ****ing leaders on the field are ****ing failures and they need to siddown.

You are damn right.

I was thinking the same thing today. Vrabel got a raw deal getting traded to KC and he busted his ass. The dude never quit and was a pro. It's their job to play hard.

Also, the problem with Palko was that Haley obviously thought he was good enough to be the back up QB. He chose to go with Palko in that role rather than having Pioli get someone. It's part of what got him fired imo. He was a Pitt guy and Haley ate that shit up.

Brock
09-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Pioli was a late hire?

On January 13th?

Yeah, that was also why he threw away an entire draft. He didn't have time to prepare, he was busy getting drapes in his office to match his eyes. Priorities.

OnTheWarpath58
09-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Yeah, that was also why he threw away an entire draft. He didn't have time to prepare, he was busy getting drapes in his office to match his eyes. Priorities.

Damn, how do those teams that hire guys from Super Bowl teams do it?

Those guys must be very, very, very, very, VERY late hires.

chiefzilla1501
09-16-2012, 09:31 PM
but I was talking TALENT added by Pioli only in terms of drafting.

Any GM could add a veteran like Orton and our momentum last season was carried by a core group of guys that WERE NOT drafted by Pioli. And I am saying that talent will slowly start to leave the Chiefs (i.e. like Carr) and Pioli in 4 years has done a poor job to replenish their voids with playmakers of equal value.

Who will replace Bowe, Albert, Dorsey? Who replaces Carr? These are answers Pioli has done a poor job of addressing and next offseason will be the biggest test if it blows up in his face

We have 2 terrific RBs. A solid receiver corps including a superstar as our #1. We have two solid receiving tight ends. And to boot, we saw behind Kyle Orton that behind a real QB, the offensive line is actually very good at protection -- they gave up ONE measly sack last year in Orton's 4 games.

Our offensive talent isn't all-world. But are you seriously going to tell me that John Harbaugh and Alex Smith couldn't turn this offense into an efficient one? Or an average coach and Aaron Rodgers couldn't?

As for our defense, we saw how good they were. But those were the days when our defense wanted to hit people in the mouth. Now they look too finessed. And the moronic decision not to hire a DC is killing us. Don't know if you saw Merrill Hoge's analysis on ESPN where he was showing how our players were constantly getting picked off in 1-on-1. DJ looks unfocused. Hali looks out of shape. And we went from starting a veteran nose tackle to a rookie who we know is going to take 3 years to develop.

If you replace Romeo with Harbaugh, put Romeo back into a DC role, and changed Cassel to at least a top 10 QB... are you really going to tell me this team isn't a serious contender?

Dicky McElephant
09-16-2012, 09:32 PM
The fact that ANYONE can defend this shit team right now is the reason why it is how it is today.

True fans can go fuck themselves.

Baby Lee
09-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Let's not overstate things, Whitlock wasn't ripping Pioli for his assembly of talent or coaches. He was ripping Pioli for the way he treated the media and Haley. Those things MAY prove to be related, but that's not definitively established at present. Whitlock could have been JUST AS RIGHT about Pioli with us coming off our 2nd SB win by now and no one would care.

chiefzilla1501
09-16-2012, 09:33 PM
You are damn right.

I was thinking the same thing today. Vrabel got a raw deal getting traded to KC and he busted his ass. The dude never quit and was a pro. It's their job to play hard.

Also, the problem with Palko was that Haley obviously thought he was good enough to be the back up QB. He chose to go with Palko in that role rather than having Pioli get someone. It's part of what got him fired imo. He was a Pitt guy and Haley ate that shit up.

That is absolute bullshit.

Pioli called all the shots. Why would ANYONE think Haley had the power to tell Pioli not to add a 4th QB?

As I've said a million times, it would be one thing if Pioli brought in 4 QBs in a competition and Haley picked Palko in the top 3. That didn't happen. And it's more than fair to ask if there is truth to Gretz's accusation that Pioli was purposely holding back talent so Haley would underperform.

GloryDayz
09-16-2012, 09:33 PM
The fact that ANYONE can defend this shit team right now is the reason why it is how it is today.

True fans can go **** themselves.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO I think I can see where you're coming from!

Sure-Oz
09-16-2012, 09:38 PM
I can't wait till Pioli is fired...this team is way too talented to play this poorly.

Seriously, look at the RAVENS for a front office guy

petegz28
09-16-2012, 09:40 PM
I can't wait till Pioli is fired...this team is way too talented to play this poorly.

The problem is we keep getting sold marketing propaganda, remember when Clark first took over it was we were going to be like the Steelers. Then it was the Patriots. How about you put a team together and go out and make your own mark?

Easy 6
09-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Dear God... its like rooting for the Cubs, its never going to pay off.

FAX
09-16-2012, 09:43 PM
You are damn right.

I'm not sure you can sell the idea that Haley could "tell" Pioli to do anything ... including, but not limited to, acquiring a different backup quarterback.

I'm wondering, though, Mr. BlackBob ... It seems as though you are posting on here quite a bit. Apparently, you have a great deal of time on your hands. Are you currently involved in a relationship with a significant other? Are you married? Do you have a girl- or boy-friend that is particularly special?

FAX

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2012, 09:45 PM
The problem is we

We?

JFC, Pete.

Rain Man
09-16-2012, 09:46 PM

My problem with that is that Pioli acquires the players. He doesn't coach them. If we have a highly talented team that is playing poorly, that's a pretty clear indication that Pioli is doing his job and the coaches aren't. (Obviously, Pioli hires the coaches, so that's eligible for complaint.)

Dayze
09-16-2012, 09:46 PM
I heart Fax. Welcome back. CIA mission?

Ace Gunner
09-16-2012, 09:47 PM
My problem with that is that Pioli acquires the players. He doesn't coach them. If we have a highly talented team that is playing poorly, that's a pretty clear indication that Pioli is doing his job and the coaches aren't. (Obviously, Pioli hires the coaches, so that's eligible for complaint.)

You ought to know by now this is Pioli's show top to bottom, left to right, candy wrapper to candy wrapper.

OnTheWarpath58
09-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Akili Smith was talented. He didn't pan out. You have to have talent just to get to this league.

People are going overboard with this "talented team" bullshit.

It may appear talented on paper, but looks far from it on the field, and that's where it matters.

FAX
09-16-2012, 09:49 PM

There's the additional problem of acquiring players that are ill-suited for the type of scheme we run, Mr. Rain Man.

Dorsey, for example, would likely be a household name by now had he been drafted by a team that would allow him to penetrate.

Personally, I think there is sufficient justification for tying Dr. Evil to a tree and drenching him with cat urine.

FAX

Chocolate Hog
09-16-2012, 09:51 PM
The Chiefs put more effort into getting a bloggers article pulled than they did searching for a qb. That's fucking pathetic.

Bowser
09-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Since Clark Hunt has taken over the Chiefs have been the worst team in the league. Disgusting.The Chiefs are 27-55 in the regular season since 2007. I'm going to guess that's bottom three of the NFL during that time span.

It's Carl Peterson part deux. Carl never had the balls to hire someone he didn't have a past association with, just the same as Scott. It's lazy and half assed, especially consdiering the results.

Bowser
09-16-2012, 09:55 PM
I shake my head watching the Niners tonight. Two years ago, they were the bottom dwellers of the NFL. Now, they get talked up as being one of the best, if not THE best, teams in the league.

All due to their new shiny coach.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-16-2012, 09:59 PM
I shake my head watching the Niners tonight. Two years ago, they were the bottom dwellers of the NFL. Now, they get talked up as being one of the best, if not THE best, teams in the league.

It's alot more than that. It's Bowman, Aldon Smith, and Justin Smith too. They built a good o-line and got lucky with their QB. They were built well. It's more that than anything imo.

boogblaster
09-16-2012, 10:01 PM
must we even speak of the management .. it's a old story .. like 30 years old .....

Rain Man
09-16-2012, 10:03 PM

It's good coaching and a solid team. I'm a fan of them because they're using kind of an old school model instead of just pass pass pass, which is boring.

tk13
09-16-2012, 10:03 PM
It's an endless cycle. There was a time where everyone would've killed for Pioli. What will happen is he gets fired, everyone wants DeCosta... we hire him, he brings in all his Ravens buddies, the cycle repeats.

Bowser
09-16-2012, 10:17 PM
It's alot more than that. It's Bowman, Aldon Smith, and Justin Smith too. They built a good o-line and got lucky with their QB. They were built well. It's more that than anything imo.

First - I agree they've drafted well at critical positions. That has been key to the resurgence.

Second - Got lucky with their QB? Not really. They got smart and brought in the right coach for their QB. Frisco was ready to pull the eject handle on Alex Smith, but he agreed to a pay cut. It's worked out well for them.

Fruit Ninja
09-16-2012, 10:19 PM

unlike the Chiefs, they draft players that help them now and in the future. THey draft players that have an impact in the game. We havent drafted anyone that stands out.

tk13
09-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Alex Smith was not some hack. He was the #1 pick in the draft. He also led his college team to a BCS bowl and dominated. If I'm not mistaken the first non-BCS team to win a BCS bowl. And that was back when there was only 4 games, not 5 like now.

Bowser
09-16-2012, 10:21 PM
It's an endless cycle. There was a time where everyone would've killed for Pioli. What will happen is he gets fired, everyone wants DeCosta... we hire him, he brings in all his Ravens buddies, the cycle repeats.

Between Carl and Scott, we've had 20+ years of GM's who are unwilling to hire outside their respective "trees". Whomever comes in here after Pioli, whenever that is, needs to find the right players and coaches for what he wants to do, no matter where or from whom they hail from. That's all I ask out of my GM. Get the RIGHT PEOPLE.

Bowser
09-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Alex Smith was not some hack. He was the #1 pick in the draft. He also led his college team to a BCS bowl and dominated. If I'm not mistaken the first non-BCS team to win a BCS bowl. And that was back when there was only 4 games, not 5 like now.

Before last season, everyone had all but labeled him a bust. Harbaugh got this kid his confidence back.

In the interest of fairness, Smith had a Jason Campbell-ian start to his career, with five offenses in five years, or some such? Either way, he's seemed to have figured it out.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Watching the 49ers, you come to the realization that unless the Cheaps paid 4x the going rate, they're never going to get a coach like Harbaugh as long as Pioli is in the picture. They would shun us immediately just like Peyton Manning did. Why put up with Pioli's insecure little dictator-like personality when you have other options? So what does he do next, assuming the Chiefs finish 2-14 or worse, the players quit, and Crennel gets shit-canned after only one season? He does the only thing the bald headed prick knows how to do. He hires the guy he wanted in the first place, so say hello to Josh McDaniels, your next head coach of the Kansas City Chefs.

FAX
09-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Oooooh ...

Bad, Mr. JohnnyHammersticks. Bad.

FAX

Dave Lane
09-16-2012, 10:43 PM

God damn you are an idiot. You think Haley picked the players? With Mr. Micromanage around? Maybe Pioli said hey I can get Palko really cheap, you ok with him?

Easy 6
09-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Its truly eye opening to see how much bile Pioli has created within the media he so strongly tries to manage... to parrot what many others are saying... 'holy crap, Jwhit was right, SP can be a very petty man'.

Fruit Ninja
09-16-2012, 10:47 PM
God damn you are an idiot. You think Haley picked the players? With Mr. Micromanage around? Maybe Pioli said hey I can get Palko really cheap, you ok with him?

like i said im still 100 percent convinced that Todd Started Palko because he wanted to be fired, He knew his tenure with the Chiefs was over and he wanted out fast as possible.

I already seen all i need to know about the QB when we had an average qb in Orton, everything on offense was drastically different. No sacks, Line looked good. BARRY Freaking Richardson even looked decent.

Dave Lane
09-16-2012, 10:49 PM
like i said im still 100 percent convinced that Todd Started Palko because he wanted to be fired, He knew his tenure with the Chiefs was over and he wanted out fast as possible.

Who else was he going to start? Stanzi? As much as I'd love to believe he was a savior, I think he has been totally exposed.

FAX
09-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Its truly eye opening to see how much bile Pioli has created within the media he so strongly tries to manage... to parrot what many others are saying... 'holy crap, Jwhit was right, SP can be a very petty man'.

It's pretty amazing.

I admit it ... I was absolutely thrilled when Clark hired Pioli. Thrilled. Then, when Whittles went all Egoli on him, I thought Whittles was just angry that Pioli could eat more breadsticks than him in a single sitting.

As it's turned out, Pioli really is insane and Whittles was right all along. It's amazing how a person (like myself) can convince themselves of a fact that isn't really a fact, after all. Rather, it is simply perception and lacks a basis in reality.

I have to wonder if I've done the same thing with my neighbor's cat. I came to believe that, besides being obnoxious and smelly, that cat was inherently evil. In retrospect, perhaps covering the cat with roofing tar and affixing it upside down to their front door wasn't such a great idea.

FAX

Fruit Ninja
09-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Who else was he going to start? Stanzi? As much as I'd love to believe he was a savior, I think he has been totally exposed.

Well, yes, why not? he's the guy they drafted to potentially be there for years. Why not? Palko was the worst QB i have EVER seen start a game and i have been watching the NFL for a long long time. I never seen someone with such poor accuracy. lol

Even at the end of one of the games, they asked Haley why didnt you play Stanzi and Haley replied back with, i dont know.

Reerun_KC
09-16-2012, 10:54 PM
FAX is a.genius. always makes me.smile.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2012, 10:56 PM
It's pretty amazing.

I admit it ... I was absolutely thrilled when Clark hired Pioli.

What's amazing were the people that were so angry with me (and a few others) that truly disliked the hire of not only Pioli, but Haley as well.

Crazy how it's all come back around.

Dave Lane
09-16-2012, 10:58 PM
It's pretty amazing.

I admit it ... I was absolutely thrilled when Clark hired Pioli. Thrilled. Then, when Whittles went all Egoli on him, I thought Whittles was just angry that Pioli could eat more breadsticks than him in a single sitting.

As it's turned out, Pioli really is insane and Whittles was right all along. It's amazing how a person (like myself) can convince themselves of a fact that isn't really a fact, after all. Rather, it is simply perception and lacks a basis in reality.

I have to wonder if I've done the same thing with my neighbor's cat. I came to believe that, besides being obnoxious and smelly, that cat was inherently evil. In retrospect, perhaps covering the cat with roofing tar and affixing it upside down to their front door wasn't such a great idea.

FAX

Tarring and sticking a pussy is almost always a good idea. However in true confession time I have to admit to all the same Pioli issues. Loved the hire. Visions of sugar plum Super Bowls were dancing in my head. Was stubborn about it too. Wasn't till the article on Arrowheadauchwitz that my opinion really turned. That and realizing he had been undermining his HC that had just got us to the playoffs.

Reerun_KC
09-16-2012, 10:58 PM
What's amazing were to people that were so angry with me (and a few others) that truly disliked the hire of not only Pioli, but Haley as well.

Been there and done that with Herman, now reliving it with Crennel. Amazing how history repeats.itself.

Dave Lane
09-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Well, yes, why not? he's the guy they drafted to potentially be there for years. Why not? Palko was the worst QB i have EVER seen start a game and i have been watching the NFL for a long long time. I never seen someone with such poor accuracy. lol

Even at the end of one of the games, they asked Haley why didnt you play Stanzi and Haley replied back with, i dont know.

He was told by Pioli Stanzi couldn't play year one. Period.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Been there and done that with Herman, now reliving it with Crennel. Amazing how history repeats.itself.

Ah, no.

The entire forum wasn't on your ass. People didn't make up Photoshopped pictures of "The Four Horseman" and all that nonsense.

You're just a guy that hates black NFL head coaches.

Big difference.

:D

Reerun_KC
09-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Ah, no.

The entire forum wasn't on your ass. People didn't make up Photoshopped pictures of "The Four Horseman" and all that nonsense.

You're just a guy that hates black NFL head coaches.

Big difference.

:D
ROFL....

hater.

The Bad Guy
09-16-2012, 11:08 PM

It's the coaching putting those pieces into great positions.

If Harbaugh didn't go there, you likely don't see anywhere close to this result.

Bowser
09-16-2012, 11:09 PM
I'll admit to loving the Pioli hire, and even more so the Haley hire. That was before I understood how the Patriots/Parcells connections worked, and how utterly chickenshit of a hire it was.

FAX
09-16-2012, 11:09 PM
What's amazing were to people that were so angry with me (and a few others) that truly disliked the hire of not only Pioli, but Haley as well.

This will, no doubt, bring out the haters en masse ... but, I still like Haley.

I have a lot of reasons, but I generally liked his attitude toward the game. I'm not so sure about the paranoia and the need to make his personal calls from a burn phone, but I think he will have a long and successful career in the NFL.

Frankly, it is my view that Haley was probably the best decision Pioli has made to date. Things would likely have turned out much better for everyone if Pioli had been more supportive and helpful ... as opposed to deceitful ... and under-cutting his own freaking coach.

FAX

Dave Lane
09-16-2012, 11:10 PM

I have a lot of reasons, but I generally liked his attitude toward the game. I'm not so sure about the paranoia and the need to make his personal calls from a burn phone, but I think he will have a long and successful career in the NFL.

Frankly, it is my view that Haley was probably the best decision Pioli has made to date. Things would likely have turned out much better for everyone if Pioli had been more supportive and helpful ... as opposed to deceitful ... and under-cutting his own freaking coach.

FAX

Completely agree. I think Pioli drove him to near madness.

mnchiefsguy
09-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Kent Babb finally writes a decent article for the Star. Shit has got to be bad, or maybe he just does not give a crap since his new team is on the upswing.

NJChiefsFan
09-16-2012, 11:12 PM

Got lucky with the #1 overall pick?

Bowser
09-16-2012, 11:12 PM

FAX

One thing is for certain - Pioli and Haley just were not meant to work of th esame team.

Dave Lane
09-16-2012, 11:14 PM
One thing is for certain - Pioli and Haley just were not meant to work of th esame team.

The gambler and the Mr. I'll walk 5 blocks out of my way so I don't even have to walk through a casino were oil and water.

FAX
09-16-2012, 11:16 PM

ROFL

Nope. We got that figured out. Those two crazy bastards probably couldn't ride in the same car without causing multiple fatalities.

FAX

Otter
09-16-2012, 11:19 PM
ROFL

Nope. We got that figured out. Those two crazy bastards probably couldn't ride in the same car without causing multiple fatalities.

FAX

I picture Haley pulling sand out of nowhere, throwing it in fat Scott's eyes and going for the elbows....while driving.

Sorry but I liked Todd.

BryanBusby
09-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Jack Harry is about to start ripping on the Chiefs, and I think this ones gonna be good.

Before even starting, he's compared the current team to the Franz Gansz era.

Damn, best line: "This team is a bunch of pansies"

Ace Gunner
09-16-2012, 11:24 PM

FAX

Yep

whoman69
09-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Different coach, same result. I am more convinced than ever that its the players and has always been the players. This team certainly has more talent than the team that Pioli inherited, but we are always dealing with those things that Pioli just will never address. First and foremost, this team lives down to its capabilities of its QB. Next we have a defense where in our base defense against the pass we have 4 guys who are going to have no impact. We are essentially only playing defense with 7 guys. Third, we are so far under the cap and yet we have holes with depth and positions where we have people on the field that really shouldn't be in the NFL. Last year it was RT and depth at safety. This year we brought in a good RT and a bunch of cheap safeties in FA. We didn't look forward to where we might be crumbling.

I think Pioli can be a good GM, but he's got to change some things. He needs an owner that is going to demand that he get out of his Patriot way comfort zone. He needs an owner that is going to read him the riot act when he says that drafting a first round QB is just too risky. He needs an owner that is going to tell him to spend the money.

This whole thread should be titled "Scott Pioli is not going to win with this organization if Clark Hunt is the owner."

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Todd Haley was worthless. Not only could he not manage coaches corretly, he couldn't manage players, either. He was a hothead that could not control his emotions and just like Pioli, Peter-Principled into the position of head coach.

Good fucking riddance.

Fruit Ninja
09-16-2012, 11:33 PM
ROFL

FAX

Haley should have never took the job when the QB was forced on him. I like Haley, but Pioli fucked up and so did Haley. Should have hired the coach first, then see who the coach likes as a qb, then went from there.

Otter
09-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Todd Haley was worthless. Not only could he not manage coaches corretly, he couldn't manage players, either. He was a hothead that could not control his emotions and just like Pioli, Peter-Principled into the position of head coach.

Good ****ing riddance.

At least he was entertaining in a Jersey Shore type of way. Now it's like watching a old soft guy pat players on the head and tell them "it's OK" after colossal failure like it's his grandchildren and not 20 something millionaires.

Their certainly not doing any better.

Dylan
09-16-2012, 11:38 PM

Sunday full page ad: $73,458

Broadsheet = 126 column inches @ $583 per column inch ROP

http://media.kansascity.com/static/adv/doc/KCS_National_2011.pdf

FAX
09-16-2012, 11:40 PM
So the only person in KC who can afford to run an ad calling for Pioli's firing is Pioli?

That just isn't right.

FAX

notorious
09-16-2012, 11:41 PM

Ya, no.

Count Alex's Losses
09-16-2012, 11:41 PM

A newspaper ad is a waste of fucking time.

www.firescottpioli.com

90 percent of the internet fanbase will sign the guestbook

NJChiefsFan
09-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Haley should have never took the job when the QB was forced on him. I like Haley, but Pioli ****ed up and so did Haley. Should have hired the coach first, then see who the coach likes as a qb, then went from there.

Tough to say from his end. If you always wanted to be a head coach and it was the only offer, hard to turn it down. Being the "hot" OC or whatever you want to say doesn't last forever.

Fruit Ninja
09-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Tough to say from his end. If you always wanted to be a head coach and it was the only offer, hard to turn it down. Being the "hot" OC or whatever you want to say doesn't last forever.

i get that, but he knows it was wrong now, i dont blame him for it, but that was the first signal that Pioli was in way over his head.

mnchiefsguy
09-16-2012, 11:45 PM
A newspaper ad is a waste of ****ing time.

www.firescottpioli.com

I would agree. Newspaper space is worthless. The internet, facebook, twitter, and other social media is what gets the attention nowdays, and it will reach many more people.

DaneMcCloud
A newspaper ad is a waste of fucking time.

www.firescottpioli.com (http://www.firescottpioli.com)

And the active internet fanbase is made up of no more than 4,000 people.

It won't do a damn bit of good.

Dave Lane
Haley should have never took the job when the QB was forced on him. I like Haley, but Pioli ****ed up and so did Haley. Should have hired the coach first, then see who the coach likes as a qb, then went from there.

Amen. I still wish Haley could have left a big steaming turd on Pioli's desk as a going away present.

NJChiefsFan
09-16-2012, 11:47 PM
i get that, but he knows it was wrong now, i dont blame him for it, but that was the first signal that Pioli was in way over his head.

I meant from Haley's view it he was never gonna turn it down even though it meant Cassel because it was his chance to be HC.

As many things as Pioli has done wrong on the field and off, I am really curious to know how much would change if he could do over his worst mistake of them all. I really wonder if he would even do it over if given the chance.

I gave Pioli this offseason to fix his mistakes. He didn't do it.

mnchiefsguy
09-16-2012, 11:51 PM
I meant from Haley's view it he was never gonna turn it down even though it meant Cassel because it was his chance to be HC.

As many things as Pioli has done wrong on the field and off, I am really curious to know how much would change if he could do over his worst mistake of them all. I really wonder if he would even do it over if given the chance.

I gave Pioli this offseason to fix his mistakes. He didn't do it.

Yeah, Haley was not going to turn down his first chance to be a HC. And the fact is, the worse this team does in the RAC era, the better Haley looks. The worse this gets, and it will start to look more and more like Haley was not the problem. (Whether that is true or not could certainly be open to debate.)

Count Alex's Losses
09-16-2012, 11:51 PM
And the active internet fanbase is made up of no more than 4,000 people.

It won't do a damn bit of good.

LMAO

There are 5,000 people that have "liked" the ArrowheadPride facebook page ALONE.

And the site does ridiculous goddamn traffic on gameday. Over 80,000 unique hits.

There are thousands and thousands of Chiefs fans on the internet.

You want to make some noise, register that URL.

If you build it, they will come.