PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The national media is picking up the story now...

htismaqe
09-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Check out the "Top Headlines" for CBS Sports...

Detoxing
09-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah, it's on NFL.com too

lcarus
09-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Good. Get it out there. Let the rest of the world know Pioli is a failure and we want him fucking GOD DAMN GONE!

bevischief
09-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Keep it up.

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Too little too late

Count Alex's Losses
09-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Set a fire in their flesh.

This is beautiful.

AND IT'S ONLY WEEK 2

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-17-2012, 11:25 AM
This is good and I agree that Pioli should go but, he doesn't play the game. Most of the players quit imo. It makes me not want to watch them. It's what I am the most mad about.

Count Alex's Losses
LMAO

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/scott-pioli-kc-star-wk2.jpg

lcarus
Set a fire in their flesh.

This is beautiful.

AND IT'S ONLY WEEK 2

Hey maybe if we get a legit GM, HC, and QB...you can once again be a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs. We're ready to have you back!

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Where were these pussies the past three years? Oh yeah, worried that Pioli would be all angry at them and wouldnt let them use the VIP bathroom. Fuck that. Now Babb is quitting he decides to grow a pair? Pussy, I BLAME the KC media for enabling this shit.

Deberg_1990
09-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Pioli firing back with his typical propaganda. ROFL

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Baldwins-quiet-start-is-somewhat-surprising/b7f665bf-4e9c-4e41-b140-17a30f1fc9e7

The Bills fans still soaking up their team's 25-point lead were as loud as advertised. Jonathan Baldwin silenced them with one play.

On the left sideline, the second-year receiver jumped over cornerback Stephon Gilmore - Buffalo's first round draft pick this year - for a 26-yard completion that left only the Chiefs fans in Buffalo cheering.

It was Baldwin's first reception on the regular season, but it wasn't any different than the highlight-reel catches he snagged all summer at training camp. So as the Chiefs face a make-or-break matchup in New Orleans next weekend, Baldwin and his freakish athletic ability should figure more into the next game plan.

His quiet start is somewhat surprising. Baldwin became the safety valve for quarterback Matt Cassel at Missouri Western State. The receiver delivered by reeling in jump balls and one-handed catches like they were simple two-handed receptions.

By the time camp concluded, Cassel felt comfortable throwing it up to his big receiver. More often than not, he came down with the ball. So with Sunday's less-than-desirable average yards gained per pass play (5.8) and third down conversion rate (5-14), in mind, a player like Baldwin can help this offense rebound by becoming that go-to guy when the games actually count.

"We have to do a better job of staying ahead on downs - first and second downs - and creating positive plays," said Cassel after the 35-17 week two loss. "It's hard to convert on third and long in this league. We have to sustain drives."

The Chiefs can avoid tough distance downs by playing to the strengths of their biggest target. The tallest member of the Saints' secondary is 6-foot-1 safety Roman Harper. At 6-foot-4, Baldwin can make some room against defenders.

His 26-yard sideline catch was the perfect example of what Baldwin can do.

Gilmore gave him a sizable cushion at the beginning of the play to try and avoid getting boxed out at the line of scrimmage. But as he proved time after time at training camp, Baldwin adjusted, driving downfield with Gilmore and turning around just in time for a back-shoulder fade.

The crowd was stunned and silent for the first time in the second half. On a day with few red zone trips, Baldwin’s catch set the Chiefs offense up at the two-yard line.

Cassel tossed his second touchdown to Bowe when coverage shifted Baldwin’s way, and after the game he said that there are 14 games left to turn around the offense. That means Baldwin will have 14 more games to build upon his first catch and help the Chiefs sustain drives.

Those drives can exist outside the final minutes of an otherwise-decided game, though. The Chiefs need more out of the offense, and just by Baldwin's first regular season reception of 2012, it's clear he can be a difference maker

siberian khatru
09-17-2012, 11:29 AM

"Take that, Buffalo, we shut y'all up!!!!!"

Detoxing
09-17-2012, 11:29 AM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Baldwins-quiet-start-is-somewhat-surprising/b7f665bf-4e9c-4e41-b140-17a30f1fc9e7

The Bills fans still soaking up their team's 25-point lead were as loud as advertised. Jonathan Baldwin silenced them with one play.

On the left sideline, the second-year receiver jumped over cornerback Stephon Gilmore - Buffalo's first round draft pick this year - for a 26-yard completion that left only the Chiefs fans in Buffalo cheering.

It was Baldwin's first reception on the regular season, but it wasn't any different than the highlight-reel catches he snagged all summer at training camp. So as the Chiefs face a make-or-break matchup in New Orleans next weekend, Baldwin and his freakish athletic ability should figure more into the next game plan.

His quiet start is somewhat surprising. Baldwin became the safety valve for quarterback Matt Cassel at Missouri Western State. The receiver delivered by reeling in jump balls and one-handed catches like they were simple two-handed receptions.

By the time camp concluded, Cassel felt comfortable throwing it up to his big receiver. More often than not, he came down with the ball. So with Sunday's less-than-desirable average yards gained per pass play (5.8) and third down conversion rate (5-14), in mind, a player like Baldwin can help this offense rebound by becoming that go-to guy when the games actually count.

"We have to do a better job of staying ahead on downs - first and second downs - and creating positive plays," said Cassel after the 35-17 week two loss. "It's hard to convert on third and long in this league. We have to sustain drives."

The Chiefs can avoid tough distance downs by playing to the strengths of their biggest target. The tallest member of the Saints' secondary is 6-foot-1 safety Roman Harper. At 6-foot-4, Baldwin can make some room against defenders.

Gilmore gave him a sizable cushion at the beginning of the play to try and avoid getting boxed out at the line of scrimmage. But as he proved time after time at training camp, Baldwin adjusted, driving downfield with Gilmore and turning around just in time for a back-shoulder fade.

The crowd was stunned and silent for the first time in the second half. On a day with few red zone trips, Baldwin’s catch set the Chiefs offense up at the two-yard line.

Cassel tossed his second touchdown to Bowe when coverage shifted Baldwin’s way, and after the game he said that there are 14 games left to turn around the offense. That means Baldwin will have 14 more games to build upon his first catch and help the Chiefs sustain drives.

Those drives can exist outside the final minutes of an otherwise-decided game, though. The Chiefs need more out of the offense, and just by Baldwin's first regular season reception of 2012, it's clear he can be a difference maker

Searching desperately for something to be positive about.

Might as well have just written an article about Cassel's superior scrambling ability.

Old Dog
09-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Too little too late

It may take a while, but you can't run a marathon without taking the first step.

Thig Lyfe
09-17-2012, 11:30 AM

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

htismaqe
09-17-2012, 11:31 AM
This is good and I agree that Pioli should go but, he doesn't play the game. Most of the players quit imo. It makes me not want to watch them. It's what I am the most mad about.

When are you going to stop with the passive-aggressive bullshit?

Now that it's painfully evident that Romeo is in over his head and Pioli is officially on the hotseat, it's suddenly all about the players quitting?

Get real. We all know Haley was the problem, right?

lcarus
They're using the garbage time plays in yesterday's game as something to pinpoint, the same way our last few games last season were pinpointed. It was basically "garbage time" of the season...

L.A. Chieffan
It may take a while, but you can't run a marathon without taking the first step.

Shouldve took that first step after Tyson Jackson

Dicky McElephant
The Chiefs need more out of the offense, and just by Baldwin's first regular season reception of 2012, it's clear he can be a difference maker

ROFL

Seriously? I'm a Baldwin defender.....but one catch and suddenly he's a difference maker? Keep grasping at straws....

Spongeblack Bobtard
Where were these pussies the past three years? Oh yeah, worried that Pioli would be all angry at them and wouldnt let them use the VIP bathroom. **** that. Now Babb is quitting he decides to grow a pair? Pussy, I BLAME the KC media for enabling this shit.

I agree man. Too little too late. :thumb:

siberian khatru
09-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Also from kcchiefs.com:

"When Derrick Johnson tackled C.J. Spiller for a 2-yard gain in the third quarter, the cheers from the Ralph Wilson Stadium stands weren't quite as ferocious as they had been for most of the game -- at least .5 decibels lower, according to many observers. It was a clear signal that the Chiefs were not quitting, and it was something to build on for the remaining 14 games."

Count Alex's Losses
Jonathan Baldwin silenced them with one play.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Jonathan Baldwin couldn't silence an NFL crowd if he went off like the RB at the start of The Last Boy Scout.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/993598_o.gif

AIN'T LIFE A BITCH?

gblowfish
Is Rufus Dawes ghost writing Chiefs releases again?

The reason the crowd was silenced was, 3/4 of them had already headed home with a 35-3 lead....

Dicky McElephant
09-17-2012, 11:33 AM
I agree man. Too little too late. :thumb:

Seriously.....shut the fuck up.

Count Alex's Losses
09-17-2012, 11:34 AM
How much must it fucking suck to be a PR shill for a shitbag NFL franchise. LMAO

Old Dog
Shouldve took that first step after Tyson Jackson

I don't disagree. I'm one of the jackasses that renewed after that (and two years more) but I finally saw the light (maybe it was an oncoming train, hell I don't know). Now if more will follow, MAYBE something will be done.

htismaqe
Also from kcchiefs.com:

"When Derrick Johnson tackled C.J. Spiller for a 2-yard gain in the third quarter, the cheers from the Ralph Wilson Stadium stands weren't quite as ferocious as they had been for most of the game -- at least .5 decibels lower, according to many observers. It was a clear signal that the Chiefs were not quitting, and it was something to build on for the remaining 14 games."

:Lin:

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Awesome

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Also from kcchiefs.com:

Holy shit I think I spit all over my monitor. at least .5 decibels lower, according to many observers.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING OUT OF NORTH KOREA!

OUR DEAR READER MR. PIORI HAS BRESSED US WITH MANY WONDERFUR PRAYERS OF FOOTBARR

siberian khatru
09-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Also from kcchiefs.com:

"Davy Crockett swung his empty rifle at a Mexican soldier's head, delivering a glancing blow that opened a thin scratch that began to ooze blood. Crockett smiled wanly at his defiant statement to Santa Anna as 27 bullets ripped into his body, felling him a final time."

Dicky McElephant
09-17-2012, 11:36 AM
:Lin:

It seriously makes me sick that they can put that stupid shit out with a straight face. And what makes it worse....is that there are fans out there that will eat it up and believe.

Count Alex's Losses
09-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Also from kcchiefs.com:

"Davy Crockett swung his empty rifle at a Mexican soldier's head, delivering a glancing blow that opened a thin scratch that began to ooze blood. Crockett smiled wanly at his defiant statement to Santa Anna as 27 bullets ripped into his body, felling him a final time."

LMAO

Now I'm glad I passed Texas history in junior high school.

Detoxing
It seriously makes me sick that they can put that stupid shit out with a straight face. And what makes it worse....is that there are fans out there that will eat it up and believe.

Well, i know who I'm picking up in my fantasy league now....

lcarus
How much must it fucking suck to be a PR shill for a shitbag NFL franchise. LMAO

Tough job right about now.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-17-2012, 11:39 AM
When are you going to stop with the passive-aggressive bullshit?

Now that it's painfully evident that Romeo is in over his head and Pioli is officially on the hotseat, it's suddenly all about the players quitting?

Get real. We all know Haley was the problem, right?

No, the root of the problem is Hunt and it trickles down. However, the players get paid to play hard. Yesterday was a problem.

Before the season started I said Pioli was on the hotseat and you guys laughed at me. It was one of my first posts. I'm not suprised he's on the hotseat.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=8851680&highlight=pioli+hotseat#post8851680

Haley is irrelevant. He got fired before the season ended. You have to be really bad for that to happen and he deserved it. Bringing up Haley doesn't make sense.

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Also from kcchiefs.com:

LMAO

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Seriously.....shut the **** up.

The irony is that you are one of the most invested people here.

Bewbies
09-17-2012, 11:50 AM
When a few players go to shit, sure, it's the players. When the whole team goes to shit it's not the players who are at fault...

bevischief
09-17-2012, 11:51 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/17/an-0-2-start-has-the-knives-out-for-scott-pioli-in-k-c/

PFT as well.

Count Alex's Losses
09-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Why am I getting this weird deja vu feeling

Donger
09-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Also from kcchiefs.com:

That's a joke, right? .5 decibels?

Dicky McElephant
09-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Why am I getting this weird deja vu feeling

You really think Pioli is going to step down? His ego won't let him. He'll continually put out bullshit articles that try and calm the masses.

siberian khatru
09-17-2012, 12:01 PM
That's a joke, right? .5 decibels?

Yes, it's a joke. The Davy Crockett one, though, is true.

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 12:01 PM
I would like a mod to change my name to .5 decibels please?

Donger
09-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Yes, it's a joke. The Davy Crockett one, though, is true.

Bastard.

LMAO

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-17-2012, 12:03 PM
You really think Pioli is going to step down? His ego won't let him. He'll continually put out bullshit articles that try and calm the masses.

He's a psychopath. He'll do anything to manipulate the situation to his benefit. He has no emotions and his ego is not like you think. His ego is not about pride. It's about power. He will step down before he gets fired.

Bewbies
09-17-2012, 12:05 PM
He's a psychopath. He'll do anything to manipulate the situation to his benefit. He has no emotions and his ego is not like you think. His ego is not about pride. It's about power. He will step down before he gets fired.

So would anyone that would walk away from $5,000,000 rather than hear those hurtful words, "you've been relieved of your duties."

You are fucking brilliant.

Dave Lane
09-17-2012, 12:08 PM
We all know Haley was the problem, right?

Yep just ask Blackboob. It was all Haley. That fucker with the boss that undermined him at every turn.

mdchiefsfan
09-17-2012, 12:15 PM

Or without putting a few band-aids on your nipples.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-17-2012, 12:17 PM
So would anyone that would walk away from $5,000,000 rather than hear those hurtful words, "you've been relieved of your duties."

You are ****ing brilliant.

I am telling you. It is not about the money to guys like Pioli. It's about the power. He's a psychopath. Corporate America is full of them. He fits the description to a tee.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Yep just ask Blackboob. It was all Haley. That ****er with the boss that undermined him at every turn.

I hated haley but have already said that he got screwed by Pioli. I believe him about the wire tapping etc. I have experienced it. I have seen fellow colleagues ruined by a psychopath.

However, Haley was a shitty coach and only shitty coaches get fired before the season was over. Think about it. You really have to suck to get fired before the end of the year. It's the lowest of the low.

Bewbies
09-17-2012, 12:21 PM
I am telling you. It is not about the money to guys like Pioli. It's about the power. He's a psychopath. Corporate America is full of them. He fits the description to a tee.

Psychopaths are giant risk takers, they fail because they become bored. They're not career types, they bounce around from one thing to the next.

Scott Pioli is not a psychopath.

htismaqe
09-17-2012, 12:25 PM
I hated haley but have already said that he got screwed by Pioli. I believe him about the wire tapping etc. I have experienced it. I have seen fellow colleagues ruined by a psychopath.

However, Haley was a shitty coach and only shitty coaches get fired before the season was over. Think about it. You really have to suck to get fired before the end of the year. It's the lowest of the low.

Shitty coaches get fired mid-season when they don't have the support of their GM.

Make no mistake about it, the ONLY reason Romeo will make it through this season is because Pioli can't fire him. Pioli wasn't married to Haley as he is to Romeo. Romeo is only leaving midseason if Hunt asks them both to leave.

Phobia
09-17-2012, 12:25 PM

GAH! So this Nick Toney is the fool who went off on Tdubya. Then he writes this nonsense. How deeply did he have to dig to get to that? I'd rather just not see anything written or spoken by a Chiefs employee this week because it's all going to be crap.

htismaqe
09-17-2012, 12:26 PM
So this Nick Toney is the fool who went off on Tdubya.

Serious?

Deberg_1990
09-17-2012, 12:28 PM
GAH! So this Nick Toney is the fool who went off on Tdubya. .

Is this the guy who replaced Looney? First time ive seen anything written by Toney.

ClevelandBronco
Pioli is a special kind of arrogant idiot, but when the players quit, that's on the coach.

No one should ever again make the mistake of hiring Crennell.

BigCatDaddy
Serious?

Check his twitter address by his pic.

htismaqe
09-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Check his twitter listing by his pic.

I just figured all of the columnists at KCChiefs.com use that Twitter handle...

Molitoth
09-17-2012, 12:31 PM

yeah, Haley was soooo shitty that no other prominent team would ever hire him again. Oh wait...

you are a joke dude, pioli gave Haley a handfuls of shitty qbs and expected him to be a yes man. Haley is not a yes man.

htismaqe
09-17-2012, 12:32 PM
And I figured wrong...

Bowser
09-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Also from kcchiefs.com:

"Davy Crockett swung his empty rifle at a Mexican soldier's head, delivering a glancing blow that opened a thin scratch that began to ooze blood. Crockett smiled wanly at his defiant statement to Santa Anna as 27 bullets ripped into his body, felling him a final time."I think I just found a new sig, and I haven't used one in years.

Pioli is a special kind of arrogant idiot, but when the players quit, that's on the coach.

This is truth. Pioli and Hunt went the lazy, easy route hiring Comeo. It will likely set the team back a season or tow.

Jesus, even a Bronco fan can understand how ass backwards we are.

Dave Lane
09-17-2012, 12:35 PM

You warned us dude. I hoped for the best even if I hated the "hire",

Count Alex's Losses
09-17-2012, 12:36 PM
And I figured wrong...

Hey look, Elizabeth Merrill, hot and retarded version.

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 12:38 PM
@nicktoneytweets

The Bad Guy
09-17-2012, 12:51 PM

Give it the fuck up already. Players quitting is a reflection of the hc. The same hc that pioli hired. It all comes back to him.

htismaqe
09-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Give it the **** up already. Players quitting is a reflection of the hc. The same hc that pioli hired. It all comes back to him.

He ain't listening.

It's pretty obvious that he doesn't want to hear it when it comes to Romeo.

He's been very vocal since yesterday about Pioli and the players (mostly the players) but has said very little about Romeo.

TEX
09-17-2012, 12:53 PM

So what you're saying is there is an excellent chance that Pioli will get fired before the end of the year? :thumb:

TheGuardian
09-17-2012, 12:58 PM
LOL @ Hating Haley.

I said it then, and will say it now, Haley was a good coach. Won a division here, with Cassel. Don't give a shit about the "strength of schedule" argument. He won.

He got Derrick Johnson to realize his potential. Which seems to be mostly lost now.

Got Bowe to elevate his game.

Got Cassel into the pro bowl (that's like a fucking miracle at this point).

Haley got the shaft because the top management needed a scapegoat. My only complaint about Haley was that he played that abortion of a quarterback instead of Whiskey Man because he simply wanted to shove it on Pioli's face. After all of the above tho, I can't really blame him.

And now he's with the Steelers. An organization that knows a thing or two about great coaches and football people. Go figure.

The Bad Guy
09-17-2012, 01:01 PM
He ain't listening.

It's pretty obvious that he doesn't want to hear it when it comes to Romeo.

He's been very vocal since yesterday about Pioli and the players (mostly the players) but has said very little about Romeo.

Mostly Dwayne Bowe.

HemiEd
09-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Is Rufus Dawes ghost writing Chiefs releases again?

The reason the crowd was silenced was, 3/4 of them had already headed home with a 35-3 lead....

This.

RINGLEADER
09-17-2012, 01:23 PM

Yeah, and Cassel went to the playoffs winning 10 games against crap teams three years ago.

Can someone point me to Pioli's explanation for why we've given up 164 points in the open two games of the past two seasons?

Cave Johnson
09-17-2012, 02:07 PM
And I figured wrong...

For a Chiefs' version of Baghdad Bob, she's pretty hot.

FAX
09-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Also from kcchiefs.com:

I just tested .5 decibels on a synth and it really isn't all that ... sound wise, I mean.

So I got curious and looked it up on a comparison chart ... here's what we know ...

Weakest sound ever heard - 0 0dB
Whisper Quiet Library at 6' - 30dB
Normal conversation at 3' - 60-65dB

Perceptions of Increases in Decibel Level

Imperceptible Change - 1dB
Barely Perceptible Change - 3dB

So ... giving this moron credit, that must be a typo and he/she intended to write 5 dB, not .5 dB. Otherwise, this article is pretty damn stupid.

FAX

Dayze
09-17-2012, 02:23 PM
the sound of Clark shutting his wallet is louder than .5dB

KILLER_CLOWN
09-17-2012, 02:25 PM
I'll never forgive Haley for starting the grocery bagger at qb, he was almost as bad as Bono...I said almost.

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2012, 02:33 PM
I'll never forgive Haley for starting the grocery bagger at qb, he was almost as bad as Bono...I said almost.

WTF does that have to do with the shit that is going on now?

Fire Me Boy!
09-17-2012, 02:47 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img337/7458/warner0129.jpg