PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Scott Egoli and the Kansas City Chiefs

jwhit
09-17-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm not gloating. This is sad. Kansas City deserves leadership that lives in Kansas City. Absentee owner allows GM's ego to undermine the franchise.

Whitlock

Detoxing
09-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Get your fatass back here and start writing locally.

gblowfish
09-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Hey Fatlock: I'd appreciate that comment if you actually LIVED here.
Have a mixed plate and GTFO.

Thig Lyfe
Jeff George >>>>>>>>>> Matt Cassel

Mr. Arrowhead
Hate to say it, but whitlock was right this whole time

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-17-2012, 10:36 AM
http://podcast.610sports.com/kcsp2/3656446.mp3

Thig Lyfe
09-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Jason, please use your riches to buy the Chiefs and give us an owner who really cares.

the Talking Can
09-17-2012, 10:39 AM
you should send him some flowers..."I was right about you. No hard feelings."

Claynus
09-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Fall on your knees!

http://i.imgur.com/NTrXU.gif

siberian khatru
09-17-2012, 10:40 AM
You're still wrong about "Breaking Bad."

L.A. Chieffan
I love how Whit shows up and is immediately berated with insults. LMAO

MahiMike
Jason, I know you said you're out of the "pick the next GM" biz, but please take these next 14 weeks to put some thought to it and get back w/us. Thanks.

p.s. We miss u. Only the outgoing writers have the balls to take shots here.

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 10:41 AM
You're still wrong about "Breaking Bad."

This. You can like Breaking Bad and The Wire at the same time

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-17-2012, 10:41 AM
He called Cassel the original sin.

Mr. Laz
09-17-2012, 10:42 AM
fuck off and die, you back-biting leech.

come around to gloat when things turn to shit ... you might as well be mecca.

Deberg_1990
09-17-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm not gloating. This is sad. Kansas City deserves leadership that lives in Kansas City. Absentee owner allows GM's ego to undermine the franchise.

Whitlock

Thanks for showing up Jason. I can honestly say now you were right back in 2009-10 about this turd when i originally thought you were wrong.

Please keep beating the drum for us fans.

Claynus
09-17-2012, 10:43 AM
He called Cassel the original sin.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CXpWfd1BNkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod
09-17-2012, 10:44 AM
How about a column on how the Hunts have raped us long distance from Texas for decades? Resting on your daddy's 40 year old laurels = SUCK.

Molitoth
09-17-2012, 10:44 AM
jwhit is right though.

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Piolis boyfriend felt a couple of inches of pain last night...

the Talking Can
09-17-2012, 10:46 AM

Whitlock

so what's the deal with Clark, does he give a shit at all about winning?

durtyrute
One of the only writers to mostly tell it like it is with the Chiefs and he still gets shit on here. Funny

jwhit
I own a home in Overland Park, Kansas. Have for more than a decade. Still have a Kansas driver's license. I think I have a right to voice an opinion about the Chiefs.

Deberg_1990

Whitlock

How are your boys Waters and George enjoying retirement?

lcarus
09-17-2012, 10:47 AM
I just wish we would have lost more last year. How much better would your outlook be if we had Andrew Luck or RGIII? It wouldn't fix the defense but god damn we'd have a QB.

Detoxing
09-17-2012, 10:48 AM
I own a home in Overland Park, Kansas. Have for more than a decade. Still have a Kansas driver's license. I think I have a right to voice an opinion about the Chiefs.

Then write an article about it. Tell the world how pissed the fans are. Unite the fans to revolt against this evil regime.

Go Now! Harness the Anger of the Chiefs fans and funnel it to paper!

lcarus
09-17-2012, 10:48 AM

I miss your articles in the Star, for better or worse. Whether this is Whitlock or not...I do actually miss his articles. I always looked forward to them, especially after games like yesterday.

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2012, 10:49 AM

LMAO U mad, bro?

When you're right, you're right.

Jason was dead solid perfect on this.

durtyrute
I miss your articles in the Star, for better or worse. Whether this is Whitlock or not...I do actually miss his articles. I always looked forward to them, especially after games like yesterday.

this

DaneMcCloud
Hate to say it, but whitlock was right this whole time

He wasn't the only one.

Tribal Warfare
Then write an article about it. Tell the world how pissed the fans are. Unite the fans to revolt against this evil regime.

here! here!

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-17-2012, 10:50 AM

I know alot of people miss you around town. The paper got dry when you left. If you write about this, please talk about the players Pioli gave contracts to quitting in the second game of the season.

Guys like DJ and Flowers absolutely quit yesterday. Also, what about the way Bowe celebrated the late game TD?

Pioli preached consistancy and he paid inconsistant players like DJ to lead the defense? He franchised a guy like Bowe over Carr?

It's not just the drafting or lack of a QB. It's the whole picture.

Bob aka. Mugsy

L.A. Chieffan
Whit, you thought Pioli was the savior as well when he first got here.

gblowfish

Is that house north of I-435? So, you're a slumlord???

I'll bet Kansas doesn't want you to vote, that's for sure.

And Johnson County didn't pay squat to build or renovate Arrowhead.
I'm Jackson County, MO, baby.
Get out of MY stadium!

BTW: It's a Monday work day. Don't you have some muck to rake somewhere?

DaneMcCloud

LMAO

Claynus
He wasn't the only one.

"A playoff win is likely."

- Dane, 2012

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 10:51 AM
I know alot of people miss you around town. The paper got dry when you left. If you write about this, please talk about the players Pioli gave contracts to quitting in the second game of the season.

Guys like DJ and Flowers absolutely quit yesterday. Also, what about the way Bowe celebrated the late game TD?

Pioli preached consistancy and he paid inconsistant players like DJ to lead the defense? He franchised a guy like Bowe over Carr?

Bob aka. Mugsy

:facepalm: you are a fucking window licker

PRIEST
09-17-2012, 10:51 AM

This :thumb:

Bewbies
09-17-2012, 10:52 AM

Bob aka. Mugsy

Don't listen to Bub aka Mugsy aka Forrest Gump.

Johnny Vegas
I've been saying this team needs leadership badly since the 1st game this year. I thought Derrick Johnson, Hali were leading a great example last year. They look lost this year. A young team can't find its identity. The only guy the Chiefs could bring in and show these young pups how to prepare and dominate a game is dead. RIP DT. Leaders don't give excuses for others like Pioli does for Cassel. There isn't anything peachy about football other than winning. Its a mans game.

Buehler445
I'd think a story along those lines would be successful. Going along with Babb and Mellingers articles could really gain some traction for your readers.

A meltdown that includes the local media of KC is a big deal.

L.A. Chieffan
Is that house north of I-435? So, you're a slumlord???

I'll bet Kansas doesn't want you to vote, that's for sure.

And Johnson County didn't pay squat to build or renovate Arrowhead.
I'm Jackson County, MO, baby.
Get out of MY stadium!

BTW: It's a Monday work day. Don't you have some muck to rake somewhere?

take it easy george, did whit cut in line in front of you at Ok. Joes or something?

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 10:54 AM
LMAO

Whit should send that tweet out. Oh, how glorious would that be? ROFL

Frazod
take it easy george, did whit cut in line in front of you at Ok. Joes or something?

Seriously. It's good to have somebody on our side that can blast these turds at a national level.

Go get 'em, Jason!

Thig Lyfe

I still have a Kansas DL too, but I use public transpo and taxis to get around so it's no biggie. Which is nice because I HATE the DMV!!!!!! It's sooooo inconvenient and slow and the people who work there aren't very nice! You should write a column about it. You can even quote this post if you want!

Bewbies
09-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Forget writing about Pioli. If you're going to write about KC write about either what a fucking horrible owner Hunt is, or write about what a horrible fucking lie the Patriot Way is.

htismaqe
If you write about this, please talk about the players Pioli gave contracts to quitting in the second game of the season.

Shut the fuck up already. Stop cross-posting this shit in every thread.

DaneMcCloud

Of course you have the right. But since you have a national voice, it would be helpful if you used it to expose the Hunt family and the Chiefs organization on a national level.

I've heard directly from other owners mouths that Clark Hunt is viewed as someone that doesn't give a shit about football and only cares about the bottom line. Pioli was clearly Peter Principled into the position he holds with the Chiefs, which further proves Clark's lack of imagination and unwillingness not only to win, but to improve this franchise.

Often times in sports, the most "popular" candidate turns out to be the wrong candidate. Hunt should have unearthed a Thomas Dimitroff or a Jerry Reese, not hired the guy with the biggest name and turn over the keys to the franchise to him because of his name.

Any sane person could have looked at the Patriots draft and free agency record and known what the Chiefs were buying. Unfortunately, 99.99% of the Chiefs fans were blinded by the fact that he came from New England but even more so, that Carl Peterson was fired.

That's a lethal combination of stupid.

gblowfish
Eh, JWhit was just jealous that Posnanski got to pull the plug on Joe Pa's ventilator, and he didn't.

Whitlock isn't a Chiefs fan. Today he's nothing more than a troll.

A sweaty, Gates Eating, BBQ grease coated, sauce stained shirted troll.

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Eh, JWhit was just jealous that Posnanski got to pull the plug on Joe Pa's ventilator, and he didn't.

Whitlock isn't a Chiefs fan. Today he's nothing more than a troll.

A sweaty, Gates Eating, BBQ grease coated, sauce stained shirted troll.

Sorry to disagree with this, George, but I couldn't care less if Jason is a fan or not. His job as a journalist is to expose and report, not be a cheerleader.

Bewbies
09-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis, Josh McDaniels, Scott Pioli and how many players (Deion Branch) should just sign their checks over to Tom Brady...

lcarus
09-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Of course you have the right. But since you have a national voice, it would be helpful if you used it to expose the Hunt family and the Chiefs organization on a national level.

I've heard directly from other owners mouths that Clark Hunt is viewed as someone that doesn't give a shit about football and only cares about the bottom line. Pioli was clearly Peter Principled into the position he holds with the Chiefs, which further proves Clark's lack of imagination and unwillingness not only to win, but to improve this franchise.

Often times in sports, the most "popular" candidate turns out to be the wrong candidate. Hunt should have unearthed a Thomas Dimitroff or a Jerry Reese, not hired the guy with the biggest name and turn over the keys to the franchise to him because of his name.

Any sane person could have looked at the Patriots draft and free agency record and known what the Chiefs were buying. Unfortunately, 99.99% of the Chiefs fans were blinded by the fact that he came from New England but even more so, that Carl Peterson was fired.

That's a lethal combination of stupid.

I was so happy that we were turning the page and ridding ourselves of Carl Peterson and Herman Edwards that I didn't think twice about the Pioli hiring. All I really knew is that he was touted highly as a strong GM candidate and he came from a successful organization. At first it looked promising with Weis and Crennel at their coordinator positions, but then Cinderella turned back into a pumpkin. His drafts were weak and Pioli failed at building on the small amount of good that was already in place. Time and time again, his weak drafts and failure to recognize the problem at the QB position has come to bite our team in the ass yet again.

FringeNC
09-17-2012, 11:01 AM
The article that needs to be written is one analyzing Pioli's bizarre infatuation with Matt Cassel. Pioli's tenure here has been defined by Matt Cassel. A coach got fired over him, only reason Crennel was hired is that he would accept the guy as a starter, and despite having the worst stats of any full-time starter over the last 3 years, Pioli essentially brought in no competition for Cassel after claiming he would. Pioli's need to be proven right regarding Cassel transcends ego - it's fucking serious mental illness.

Spongeblack Bobtard
Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis, Josh McDaniels, Scott Pioli and how many players (Deion Branch) should just sign their checks over to Tom Brady...

meh... that's been done before. It would be better to target Clark Hunt and Scott Pioli. Clark needs to be held accountable. Some of the guys we called "stars" also need to be held accountable. They let us down big time.

Dave Lane

Bring the heat. I've seen enough of this nonsense and I was very excited and onboard with this in the beginning.

Curious who's on your short list for GM?

Fish
09-17-2012, 11:03 AM

Then help us Obi Fatwan.....

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/124/helpmeobifatwan.jpg

Chiefnj2
09-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Prediction - When Romeo is fired Whitlock will jump on the race angle.

Claynus
09-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Pioli's need to be proven right regarding Cassel transcends ego - it's fucking serious mental illness.

It's certainly not logical, whatsoever.

Just check out those deep passes Cassel threw yesterday.

Every one was a freaking joke other than the TD to Bowe.

He lacks some innate accuracy talent that good quarterbacks have.

Priest31kc
09-17-2012, 11:05 AM
The article that needs to be written is one analyzing Pioli's bizarre infatuation with Matt Cassel. Pioli's tenure here has been defined by Matt Cassel. A coach got fired over him, only reason Crennel was hired is that he would accept the guy as a starter, and despite having the worst stats of any full-time starter over the last 3 years, Pioli essentially brought in no competition for Cassel after claiming he would. Pioli's need to be proven right regarding Cassel transcends ego - it's fucking serious mental illness.

Yes

Johnny Vegas
09-17-2012, 11:06 AM
I hope the Saints do well this season. Get Sean Payton here Jan. 1st. Its a dream, but its my fucking dream.

htismaqe
09-17-2012, 11:07 AM
I was so happy that we were turning the page and ridding ourselves of Carl Peterson and Herman Edwards that I didn't think twice about the Pioli hiring. All I really knew is that he was touted highly as a strong GM candidate and he came from a successful organization. At first it looked promising with Weis and Crennel at their coordinator positions, but then Cinderella turned back into a pumpkin. His drafts were weak and Pioli failed at building on the small amount of good that was already in place. Time and time again, his weak drafts and failure to recognize the problem at the QB position has come to bite our team in the ass yet again.

Right there with you. ::toast:

dirk digler
09-17-2012, 11:13 AM
jwhit good to see you back. You were right and I was wrong.

Stewie
09-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Jason, you were right.

We, as fans, were hoping that the future was brighter with this management in place. When the candy wrapper thing came to light and Chiefs' "non-football" employees with must-have drawn blinds I just rolled my eyes. WTF is up with that BS?

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 11:17 AM
http://podcast.610sports.com/kcsp2/3656446.mp3

He admits it on here that he thought the same as Clark when Pioli first got here.

Bowser
09-17-2012, 11:18 AM

Whitlock

Clark is 27-55 since he became acting owner, or chairman, or whatever, in 2007. One fluke division title, one beat down at home in the playoffs. Just flat unacceptable.

The 2010 season was absolutley the worst thing that could have happened to this team. Everyone bought in that we had actually turned the corner, or were starting to. I know I did. I was very wrong. Evidently Pioli won Executive of the Year by NOT being allowed to roam free and act according to his whims. That would be the influenece of working under Belichick. I think it's safe to say that Pioli needs someone there to reign him in when he lines up to do something not in the best interests of the club.

You were right from the start. I didn't believe you back then, but I should have. Would have saved a few years of frustration.

Molitoth
09-17-2012, 11:19 AM
jwhit help us!

expose this franchise nationally!!

Claynus
09-17-2012, 11:20 AM
jwhit help us!

expose this franchise nationally!!

We're on MNF in 6 weeks! :evil:

BossChief
09-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Jason, it's nice to see you popping in again.

We (as a collective group) have been discussing ways to get this word out louder that us fans want change from the top down from this regime.

If we start a website to do such, would you help us promote it?

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 11:21 AM
We're on MNF in 6 weeks! :evil:

America is going to fall in love with Matty "Ice" Cassell.

Sorry if I stole that adoring nickname from you Clay

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-17-2012, 11:22 AM
It will be interesting to see if he writes about the Chiefs. They are pretty irrelevent on the national scale. I hope he writes about them but I don't think anyone really cares guys.

L.A. Chieffan

We (as a collective group) have been discussing ways to get this word out louder that us fans want change from the top down from this regime.

Only if free Gates is involved

KCFalcon59

This ∞!

Baconeater
09-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I love how Whit shows up and is immediately berated with insults. LMAO
No shit, we have a prominent media member who is completely on our side, and we're going to trash him?

Bowser
09-17-2012, 11:26 AM
No shit, we have a prominent media member who is completely on our side, and we're going to trash him?

*insert the haters gonna hate picture here*

htismaqe
09-17-2012, 11:28 AM

He has a "history" here.

It's not all that surprising really.

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 11:28 AM
I like Whits tweets about strip clubs

gblowfish
09-17-2012, 11:30 AM

Sorry Bug, but this dude is not "prominent." He's burned (and exceeded the weight limit of) every bridge he's crossed; and he's not on "our side." He's all about JWhit.

This 0-2 start is just his "look at me mommy" moment on the pool diving board.

JWhit, just do your Cannonball, splash a shitload of water out of the pool and GTFO.

The adults are talking now.

Claynus
09-17-2012, 11:31 AM
"He comes back to us now, at the turn of the tide"

It cannot be!

http://i.imgur.com/qT2aT.jpg

Stewie
09-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Sorry Bug, but this dude is not "prominent." He's burned (and exceeded the weight limit of) every bridge he's crossed; and he's not on "our side." He's all about JWhit.

This 0-2 start is just his "look at me mommy" moment on the pool diving board.

JWhit, just do your Cannonball, splash a shitload of water out of the pool and GTFO.

The adults are talking now.

He is on our side and was right. You post pictures of the "Chiefs Mafia" on the sideline and don't think this organization is bat shit crazy?

gblowfish
09-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Sure they're batshit crazy. Whitlock could care less whether the Chiefs win or lose. That's all I'm saying. He's just poking the bear with a stick today, which is his bread and butter.

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Sure they're batshit crazy. Whitlock could care less whether the Chiefs win or lose. That's all I'm saying. He's just poking the bear with a stick today, which is his bread and butter.

I dont think thats completely fair dude. I think he really is a Chiefs fan but his job is to stir up shit and hes pretty good at it.

Stewie
09-17-2012, 11:41 AM

The bear needs to be poked with an electric prod AND by Whitlock. Nobody here has the ability to do that.

The Bad Guy
09-17-2012, 11:43 AM

Better than being a cock sucking sheep like yourself, douche.

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Sorry Bug, but this dude is not "prominent."

Come on, George. Whitlock is very well known on a national level. To state otherwise is petty and silly.

It's funny to me that everyone else can bash Pioli, Hunt, Cassel, etc. but when an "outsider" like Whitlock joins in, he's a "Fat Douche that hates Kansas City".

I don't get it.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-17-2012, 11:45 AM
The bear needs to be poked with an electric prod AND by Whitlock. Nobody here has the ability to do that.

He'll wait until it's a lock imo. He can't really write an "I told you so" article about Pioli two weeks into the season. The NFL is funny and things could turn around quick. He probably needs more material. Also, nobody cares about the Chiefs so it will have to be a really good article about Pioli.... It's not time yet. maybe we will get a paragraph but not an article. Just my ten cents.

Stewie
09-17-2012, 11:48 AM
He'll wait until it's a lock imo. He can't really write an "I told you so" article about Pioli two weeks into the season. The NFL is funny and things could turn around quick. He probably needs more material. Also, nobody cares about the Chiefs so it will have to be a really good article about Pioli.... Just my ten cents.

I disagree. He's written about the Chiefs on his new platform and it's straight-forward. I don't think he's afraid of pointing out the fact that the KC Chiefs management team(s) are frauds.

DeezNutz
09-17-2012, 11:49 AM
jwhit, I loved when you launched the "no salary cap limit soldier" bit and was pissed when you, literally, walked out on that.

That said, it's time to carry the momentum generated by the Babb and Mellinger columns and slay Egoli once and for all. Given how much KC gave to you, you owe this to the city.

Consider it a charitable contribution to KC, and put the nail in this incompetent fuck's coffin.

Graystoke
09-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Whit is right. This Franchise is sick from the top to the bottom.
It is really sad that the fanbase is treated this way.

No new fans are going to be created in this environment. I wouldn't wish being a Chief fan on anybody.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-17-2012, 11:51 AM
I disagree. He's written about the Chiefs on his new platform and it's straight-forward. I don't think he's afraid of pointing out the fact that the KC Chiefs management team(s) are frauds.

I hope you are right. I hope it's not just a paragraph.

Donger
09-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Has anyone created a list of reasons that Pioli should be terminated? I'm talking bullet-point examples, not unlike the Declaration of Independence?

nychief
09-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Loved Jwhit's review of Joe Poz's shameful Jopa biography... Always liked Whit's voice more than the saccharine sweet mush Poz spewed.

Bowser
09-17-2012, 11:53 AM
jwhit, I loved when you launched the "no salary cap limit soldier" bit and was pissed when you, literally, walked out on that.

That said, it's time to carry the momentum generated by the Babb and Mellinger columns and slay Egoli once and for all. Given how much KC gave to you, you owe this to the city.

Consider it a charitable contribution to KC, and put the nail in this incompetent fuck's coffin.

^

And Deez, you're one one my favorites around here, but I've got to say that between Pioli and your beloved GMDM, I'm truly beginning to worry about you. Keep your head held high during these rough times, ok? We'll all get to that tiiiinny light at the end of the tunnel one day, I swear....

:)

gblowfish
09-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Come on, George. Whitlock is very well known on a national level. To state otherwise is petty and silly.

It's funny to me that everyone else can bash Pioli, Hunt, Cassel, etc. but when an "outsider" like Whitlock joins in, he's a "Fat Douche that hates Kansas City".

I don't get it.

Hey Dane, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I just think its disingenuous for Fatlock to stick his bulbous schnoz into the fray at this point. He smells the shit, and loves to be the stick that stirs the shit. It's his fifteen minutes every season.

Also, even though I do think there is genuine cause for alarm here, we are indeed only two games in to a sixteen game season. Believe me, this is NOT what any Chiefs fan wanted or expected. But it IS only the third week of the season, and even though we might start digging the first few shovels of soil this week, I don't think the patient is DOA just yet. Let's just say his condition just went from serious to critical.

Also, the definition of prominent is "a rise to eminence, importance, distinction, greatness, note, notability, prestige, stature, standing or position."

JWhit is too fat and lazy to be considered "Prominent." Have you seen him try to get off a couch?

He certainly brings weight to an argument, I'll concede that!

Bowser
09-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Loved Jwhit's review of Joe Poz's shameful Jopa biography... Always liked Whit's voice more than the saccharine sweet mush Poz spewed.

The days when Whit and Pos were both writing for the Star were the days I'd always get a paper. Mellinger is good, but you just couldn't beat the Jason-Joe combo.

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 11:55 AM
HAHAHA http://www.pitch.com/binary/b7d1/1346097429-jason_whitlock.jpg

Stewie
09-17-2012, 11:56 AM
HAHAHA http://www.pitch.com/binary/b7d1/1346097429-jason_whitlock.jpg

I see NO problem here.

Bewbies
09-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Fat jokes are teh funnah.

Every time you make a fat joke somewhere a cat gets strangled.

DeezNutz
09-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Has anyone created a list of reasons that Pioli should be terminated? I'm talking bullet-point examples, not unlike the Declaration of Independence?

Yes, the league does this.

21-29.

Donger
I see NO problem here.

I do. Why is he not suckling the right breast of that harlot?

L.A. Chieffan
I see NO problem here.

Whit is the man

Fat Elvis
09-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Whit is right. This Franchise is sick from the top to the bottom.
It is really sad that the fanbase is treated this way.

No new fans are going to be created in this environment. I wouldn't wish being a Chief fan on anybody.

Your choice to be a fan. Get a clue.

XOXOXO

Scott & Clark

Mr. Flopnuts
09-17-2012, 12:14 PM
I just wish we would have lost more last year. How much better would your outlook be if we had Andrew Luck or RGIII? It wouldn't fix the defense but god damn we'd have a QB.

As if that shit head at 1 Arrowhead Dr. would have made the pick. Jwhit nailed it, right from the start. Fuck this whole regime, and fuck the owner. This is pathetic. Congratulations Chiefs, you're the NFL's Royals. Pieces of shit...

Chiefnj2
09-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Whitlock isn't going to "help" any cause. He isn't here to "help" the Chiefs. At most Whitlock would write a small 4-5 line blurb about KC because the team is absolutely 100% irrelevant on a national level. If it isn't going to generate clicks, Whitlock isn't going to write about it.

qabbaan
09-17-2012, 12:19 PM
I don't think this Egoli stuff was correct. Nobody cared then and nobody cares now if he snubbed you at dinner.

The only thing we care about is the performance on the field. Here is a hint, the average fan detests the media just as much as Pioli does.

Pioli's underwhelming draft classes, revolving door coaching staffs, his inexplicable love for the leagues's worst starting QB, and the poor results on the field - those are what people care about.

Pioli could punch grandmas and if the team were good, nobody would care. They only care about your talk if you aren't walking the walk.

Zeke
09-17-2012, 12:21 PM

While you're at it, can we get you to please construct the ouster of the Glass family next door?

sincerely,

Beat down KC fans

DeezNutz
09-17-2012, 12:23 PM
I don't think this Egoli stuff was correct. Nobody cared then and nobody cares now if he snubbed you at dinner.

The only thing we care about is the performance on the field. Here is a hint, the average fan detests the media just as much as Pioli does.

Pioli's underwhelming draft classes, revolving door coaching staffs, his inexplicable love for the leagues's worst starting QB, and the poor results on the field - those are what people care about.

Pioli could punch grandmas and if the team were good, nobody would care. They only care about your talk if you aren't walking the walk.

His ego is what drives the nepotism, and fans should love the media b/c of the information/access/voice they provide.

MIAdragon
09-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Jason, please use your riches to buy the Chiefs and give us an owner who really cares.

LMAO

qabbaan
09-17-2012, 12:27 PM
His ego is what drives the nepotism, and fans should love the media b/c of the information/access/voice they provide.

Nobody cares who he hires if they win.

The media creates drama and distractions, they carry water in exchange for access, they pick fights with players and team officials for the purpose of self promotion (Whitlock)... The media does nothing to help the team win football games, and arguably detracts from it.

It's the fans job to hold the team accountable by not showing up when the product is terrible.

The media sells themselves and doesnt really help anyone most of the time.

FAX
09-17-2012, 12:28 PM

There is much iron in Mr. gblowfish's words of death.

Be advised gentlemen; Whittles starts by asking if you're going to eat all your fries. Next thing you know, he's taken your burger and your coke and stuffing his pockets with ketchup packets.

FAX

Start Croyle
09-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Whitlock is right much more often than people in KC give him credit for! He is pretty cool!

Zeke
09-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Nobody cares who he hires if they win.

The media creates drama and distractions, they carry water in exchange for access, they pick fights with players and team officials for the purpose of self promotion (Whitlock)... The media does nothing to help the team win football games, and arguably detracts from it.

It's the fans job to hold the team accountable by not showing up when the product is terrible.

The media sells themselves and doesnt really help anyone most of the time.

Not entirely true. The media helps in selling tickets and merchandise by assisting of generating and maintaining interest with fans.

Ace Gunner
09-17-2012, 12:40 PM
It's nice to see JW drop a line here, but y'all need to give him something to write about if you want his help.

mr. tegu
09-17-2012, 12:42 PM
As if that shit head at 1 Arrowhead Dr. would have made the pick. Jwhit nailed it, right from the start. **** this whole regime, and **** the owner. This is pathetic. Congratulations Chiefs, you're the NFL's Royals. Pieces of shit...

The Royals are better than the Chiefs. Playoffs are much harder to get to in the MLB and the money situation has been so much more unfair in baseball. Plust they have a more recent championship and tickets are way cheaper. It still isn't saying much though.

CoMoChief
09-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Nothing is going to happen unless people stop going to Arrowhead.

Reerun_KC
09-17-2012, 01:17 PM

So how you feeling the morning after?

Frazod
09-17-2012, 01:17 PM

Well, I'm certainly not going. I wouldn't walk across the street to watch these retards. I'm damn sure not driving 500 miles to see them.

HemiEd
09-17-2012, 01:21 PM

The Cubs of the NFL.

Frazod
09-17-2012, 01:36 PM
The Cubs of the NFL.

Kicking yourself in the ass for renewing Sunday Ticket? I know I am. :banghead:

Baby Lee
09-17-2012, 01:50 PM

One could start said article off recounting Pioli's visit to the broadcast booth the preseason, talking up Cassel as the capmaster himself was puking on his shoes down on the field. Cassel coughed it up, Pioli stopped mid-sentence and immediately entered witness protection. If said journalist were nicer to gblow, they might discuss the presence of secret service types patrolling the sidelines this year.

Pawnmower
09-17-2012, 01:54 PM
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8567/jasonwhitlock.jpg

Baby Lee
09-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Hey Dane, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I just think its disingenuous for Fatlock to stick his bulbous schnoz into the fray at this point. He smells the shit, and loves to be the stick that stirs the shit. It's his fifteen minutes every season.

Also, even though I do think there is genuine cause for alarm here, we are indeed only two games in to a sixteen game season. Believe me, this is NOT what any Chiefs fan wanted or expected. But it IS only the third week of the season, and even though we might start digging the first few shovels of soil this week, I don't think the patient is DOA just yet. Let's just say his condition just went from serious to critical.

Also, the definition of prominent is "a rise to eminence, importance, distinction, greatness, note, notability, prestige, stature, standing or position."

JWhit is too fat and lazy to be considered "Prominent." Have you seen him try to get off a couch?

The ONLY ONLY ONLY bit of homerism I'm holding onto right now is the history the NFL has of teams rated highly that bomb out early. I'd be holding onto it more strongly if Crennel was more of a Tom Coughlin type.

vailpass
09-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Hey Fatlock: I'd appreciate that comment if you actually LIVED here.
Have a mixed plate and GTFO.

Bitterman much? Career advances are nothing to hold against a guy.

lcarus
09-17-2012, 01:56 PM
As if that shit head at 1 Arrowhead Dr. would have made the pick. Jwhit nailed it, right from the start. Fuck this whole regime, and fuck the owner. This is pathetic. Congratulations Chiefs, you're the NFL's Royals. Pieces of shit...

If we had a #1 or #2 draft pick and didn't take Luck or RGIII, I would seriously boycott this team until Pioli was gone. That would be too much to take.

Bowser
09-17-2012, 01:58 PM
The ONLY ONLY ONLY bit of homerism I'm holding onto right now is the history the NFL has of teams rated highly that bomb out early. I'd be holding onto it more strongly if Crennel was more of a Tom Coughlin type.

Not to piss in your Post Toasties, but how does that one stat go about 0-2 teams making the playoffs? 11%, or some such?

Not saying it's impossible, just saying.....

Baby Lee
09-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Not to piss in your Post Toasties, but how does that one stat go about 0-2 teams making the playoffs? 11%, or some such?

Yeah, but that has a shit ton of 0-2 that everyone expected to be 0-2. I'm talking about those where after week two everyone is going 'WTF, they were supposed to be so much better.'

Ace Gunner
09-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Ya, they could make it to the playoffs, but this is the same team that did squat 2 years ago and they would just repeat.

Of course, if they lay a playoff egg 2 more times then it would be a threepeat:D

TEX
09-17-2012, 02:06 PM

Yep! :cuss:

I don't need it to watch every TEXANS game...

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2012, 02:12 PM
So how you feeling the morning after?

Way to miss the joke

:rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2012, 02:12 PM
The Royals are better than the Chiefs. Playoffs are much harder to get to in the MLB and the money situation has been so much more unfair in baseball. Plust they have a more recent championship and tickets are way cheaper. It still isn't saying much though.

ROFL

BossChief
09-17-2012, 02:16 PM
There is much iron in Mr. gblowfish's words of death.

Be advised gentlemen; Whittles starts by asking if you're going to eat all your fries. Next thing you know, he's taken your burger and your coke and stuffing his pockets with ketchup packets.

FAXThanks, Mr, FAX.

I think we can all agree that it's nice to have your thoughtful humor as part of the community again.

Have you utilized the wonderful ignore function on Ms. Laz yet? None of us want a repeat.

The ONLY ONLY ONLY bit of homerism I'm holding onto right now is the history the NFL has of teams rated highly that bomb out early. I'd be holding onto it more strongly if Crennel was more of a Tom Coughlin type.I apologize in advance, but....

Matt Cassel.

Sorry again, bud.

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2012, 02:16 PM

I would be if I hadn't called and got it for free.

Baby Lee
09-17-2012, 02:19 PM
I apologize in advance, but....

Matt Cassel.

Sorry again, bud.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tlBh82TFn0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Ya, they could make it to the playoffs, but this is the same team that did squat 2 years ago and they would just repeat.

Of course, if they lay a playoff egg 2 more times then it would be a threepeat:D

12% chance at this point

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2012, 02:30 PM
J whit was right. Oh so right.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Calling every shot like a psychic from the very beginning, yes.

Pawnmower
09-17-2012, 02:36 PM

Its TWELVE % bro...don't short us

Guru
09-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Whit I certainly hope you are going to expose the Chiefs management as the frauds they are on a national level.

Big Chief Homer
09-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Hey Jwhit. thanks I was hoping you got my tweet!

@WhitlockJason Whitlock,Help where r u?? Chiefsnation needs you. Pioli is running rampant in Gotham. We are sending out the Fat signal!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Whit I certainly hope you are going to expose the Chiefs management as the frauds they are on a national level.

This X ELEVENTY BILLION.

Dave Lane
09-17-2012, 02:53 PM
If we had a #1 or #2 draft pick and didn't take Luck or RGIII, I would seriously boycott this team until Pioli was gone. That would be too much to take.

Isn't there a grassy knoll across from Arrowhead? Just sayin'

bricks
09-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Absentee owner?

You got me thinking. Does Clark go to the games?

Deberg_1990
09-18-2012, 11:18 AM
JWhit came though today.....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/peyton-manning-is-toast-roger-goodell-is-george-w-bush-and-other-nfl-truths-091812

My former Kansas City Star colleagues, Kent Babb and Sam Mellinger, did a nice job Monday of reminding Chiefs fans of the problems I pointed out regarding general manager Scott Egoli in 2009.

Egoli — referred to by some as “Pioli” — is in over his head, lacks self-awareness and worries way too much about things that absolutely do not matter because his football acumen is suspect. Egoli is a major problem. His insecure, paranoid leadership style is undermining the success of the franchise. Babb pointed this out last season with a terrific, well-reported story on Egoli’s bizarre relationship with former head coach Todd Haley. Egoli allegedly listened to Haley’s phone calls and conversations.

Well, there’s an even bigger problem in KC than Egoli: out-of-town ownership.

Clark Hunt lives in Dallas. He’s disconnected from the fan base and the organization. Egoli and former Chiefs general manager King Carl Peterson have run the franchise poorly because there is so little direct oversight of their management style. The cats will play while the boss is away. Absolute power corrupts. Clark Hunt gives his general managers/presidents way too much power.

The Chiefs and the Royals have been largely irrelevant for decades because ownership resides in another state. Royals owner David Glass lives in Arkansas.

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 11:32 AM
I dont think thats completely fair dude. I think he really is a Chiefs fan but his job is to stir up shit and hes pretty good at it.

Drew Bledsoe is gay.

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 11:34 AM

http://umadbro.co/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/U-MAD-BRO-Arnold-300x298.jpg#u%20mad%20bro

Brock
09-18-2012, 11:35 AM
JWhit came though today.....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/peyton-manning-is-toast-roger-goodell-is-george-w-bush-and-other-nfl-truths-091812

"Despite his two Super Bowls and terrific play in the fourth quarter, Eli is not elite. Football coaches know this."

LOL

Chiefnj2
09-18-2012, 11:43 AM
"Despite his two Super Bowls and terrific play in the fourth quarter, Eli is not elite. Football coaches know this."

LOL

And this: "[Matt] Barkley could be the next Dan Marino."

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 11:48 AM

Uber-talented yet egotistical QB who put up monster stats but never won it all?

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2012, 11:58 AM

Way to cherry pick but thats typical with you.

Barkley could be the next Dan Marino. Remember, Marino had a disappointing senior season and fell into the Miami Dolphins lap at the bottom of the first round.

Brock
09-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Way to cherry pick but thats typical with you.

That's still a ridiculous statement.

Red Beans
09-18-2012, 12:39 PM
He'll wait until it's a lock imo. He can't really write an "I told you so" article about Pioli two weeks into the season. The NFL is funny and things could turn around quick. He probably needs more material. Also, nobody cares about the Chiefs so it will have to be a really good article about Pioli.... It's not time yet. maybe we will get a paragraph but not an article. Just my ten cents.

Wrong... again... You sir are nothing, if not consistent.

whoman69
09-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Why is this only an issue now and never when Lamar owned the team? Art Rooney is the ambassador of Ireland. Would you rather have an owner who is local and too hands on like Jerry Jones? I think a GM needs a certain amount of autonomy. I do though believe Clark gives him total autonomy.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Wrong... again... You sir are nothing, if not consistent.

Look at the last line. I said we might get a paragraph and I was right.

Originally Posted by BlackBob

Of all people why are you trying to throw something in my face? I was nice to you from the minute you got here. I'm the only guy who played your stupid buy/sell thread.

DaneMcCloud
09-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Why is this only an issue now and never when Lamar owned the team? Art Rooney is the ambassador of Ireland.

Dan Rooney is the ambassador to Ireland, NOT Art Rooney II.

And this WAS an issue when Lamar owned the team. Are you too young to remember Arrowhead in the 70's and 80's?

Mugalug
09-18-2012, 03:31 PM

Of all people why are you trying to throw something in my face? I was nice to you from the minute you got here. I'm the only guy who played your stupid buy/sell thread.

It's the Peter Principle of CP.

Chief_For_Life58
09-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Dan Rooney is the ambassador to Ireland, NOT Art Rooney II.

And this WAS an issue when Lamar owned the team. Are you too young to remember Arrowhead in the 70's and 80's?

are we in the worst of times Charles was talking about now?

Red Beans
09-18-2012, 04:05 PM

You were half right. Way to go. The reason that I thought I might point that out to you, is that since you've been here, you've been very vocal about a great many things. Unfortunately, like most people who are loud and opinionated, you are not very good at using the information provided to you to develop your opinions. I'm pointing out your faults as a way to encourage you to think before you type. But alas Blackie my boy, the dye is cast and you sir are fast becoming the dumbest poster on this board bar none. And whether you're truly lacking as much brain power as it seems is beside the point. This is CP baby, and perception is everything. Based on your posts, you are generally perceived to be a dipshit. Therefore you are a... let's see if you can draw an accurate conclusion here...

Thig Lyfe
09-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Whitlock is right, but that "Egoli" nickname is still wack as fuck.

FAX
09-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Whitlock is right, but that "Egoli" nickname is still wack as ****.

Agreed. Whittles struggle with nicknames. They all seem highly contrived. Actually, it seems like the best ones he's "invented" came from here.

FAX

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 04:50 PM
You were half right. Way to go. The reason that I thought I might point that out to you, is that since you've been here, you've been very vocal about a great many things. Unfortunately, like most people who are loud and opinionated, you are not very good at using the information provided to you to develop your opinions. I'm pointing out your faults as a way to encourage you to think before you type. But alas Blackie my boy, the dye is cast and you sir are fast becoming the dumbest poster on this board bar none. And whether you're truly lacking as much brain power as it seems is beside the point. This is CP baby, and perception is everything. Based on your posts, you are generally perceived to be a dipshit. Therefore you are a... let's see if you can draw an accurate conclusion here...

You are right. I was only half right. You aren't the noob I thought you were and you didn't start that thread. I apologize for that but you seem to have his avatar.

Whitlock wrote an article that included a paragraph about the Chiefs. I was right about that I don't understand why you came after me.

In what way did I wrong you? Why do you feel the need to pile on? I believe this is the first time we have spoken. Am I correct?

Did it anger you that the point of that paragraph is that KC is irrelevent and America doesn't care?

It bothers me that the Chiefs are irrelevent.

I get the angle of your post but I guess I am done fucking around with people. It's not productive for the most part and I have been asked to lighten up on people.

CaliforniaChief
09-18-2012, 04:57 PM
I'll take mine for being wrong, JWhit. Pioli has been bad, and Clark doesn't inspire the kind of leadership that guys want to go through like the Patriots do for Robert Kraft or like the Giants do for the Mara family, etc.

But here's my question:

If not Pioli, then who?
If not Clark Hunt, then who? Just curious what names you think are good ones.

CoMoChief
09-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Why is this only an issue now and never when Lamar owned the team? Art Rooney is the ambassador of Ireland. Would you rather have an owner who is local and too hands on like Jerry Jones? I think a GM needs a certain amount of autonomy. I do though believe Clark gives him total autonomy.

Because most of the time when Lamar owned the team there wasn't internet msg boards, social media, or just the amount of national exposure as there is today. You had the new on the TV, the newspaper, and AM talk radio.

Not to mention that when it comes to KC professional sports. At least one franchise was always good with exception to maybe a gap of a few years in the 70's. The Chiefs were good in the late 60's and into the early 70's. When the Royals came they were good from the late 70's and into the late 80's. The Chiefs then took the reigns as the town's top dog from the late 80's and they've been THE franchise since due to the Royals being so ****ing bad. Some of that also has to do with the booming of the NFL in general and the baseball strike of 1994.

Now both franchises are complete dogshit, and it ****ing sucks. People are tired and fed up. They've spend a lot of time, money and emotional investment into the Chiefs only to be teased into thinking that things will be different. It's the same shit over and over again. And to make matters worse the economy is ****ing terrible and probably won't recover anytime in our lifetime unless massive changes and overhauls are made in our govt. The Chiefs raise ticket prices and parking prices etc, and less people are able to afford to go to a game. Just look at the Gold section in Arrowhead. Arrowhead could be "sold out" and that section will look like a ghost town.

Factor in HDTV and Sunday Ticket, and it's just not worth it anymore to attend Chiefs game.

Sad to say this, but the magic has left Arrowhead. We got a little taste of it on MNF in the season opener against the Chargersin 2010, but that's about it. Even the fans at Arrowhead can't overcome the dogshit that Matt Cassel brings to the table, as we all saw in the Baltimore playoff game later that 2010 season.

At some point enough is enough....and I think people are starting to see that. I know I just about have.

CaliforniaChief
09-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Can you guys imagine if RG3 was leading this team? Arrowhead would have filled up...Jerseys sold through the roof, and all for just $21 million in guaranteed money.

FAX
09-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Lamar had an extremely likeable public image. Plus, he was responsible for, not only bringing the Chiefs to KC, but creating the AFL and helping to force the merger. For those reasons, he was revered by the community ... and rightfully so.

But Lamar is no longer with us. Clark now has the reins and lacks the gravitas and charisma of his father. Apparently, however, he does possess the same laissez-faire, hands-off approach to the team. Taken together, those characteristics don't provide him with the same benefit of the doubt Lamar enjoyed.

FAX

FAX
09-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Can you guys imagine if RG3 was leading this team? Arrowhead would have filled up...Jerseys sold through the roof, and all for just $21 million in guaranteed money.

And every draft pick for 10 years.

FAX

CaliforniaChief
09-18-2012, 05:15 PM

FAX

No doubt it would have had to have been a haul of picks. But based on Pioli's record of drafting, I would have gladly given that up.

FAX
09-18-2012, 05:25 PM
No doubt it would have had to have been a haul of picks. But based on Pioli's record of drafting, I would have gladly given that up.

ROFL

Point.

FAX

Tribal Warfare
09-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Whitlock is right, but that "Egoli" nickname is still wack as fuck.

it does sound like some Mediterranean breakfast

FAX
09-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Whittles could down at least 6 or 7 egolis without requiring a sip of water. The man is a machine.

FAX

tredadda
09-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Lamar had an extremely likeable public image. Plus, he was responsible for, not only bringing the Chiefs to KC, but creating the AFL and helping to force the merger. For those reasons, he was revered by the community ... and rightfully so.

But Lamar is no longer with us. Clark now has the reins and lacks the gravitas and charisma of his father. Apparently, however, he does possess the same laissez-faire, hands-off approach to the team. Taken together, those characteristics don't provide him with the same benefit of the doubt Lamar enjoyed.

FAX

^ This. Clark and Lamar are similar in their management styles, the difference is Lamar has achievements to back him up, Clark not so much.

suzzer99
09-18-2012, 11:13 PM

FAX

You an always make up non-QB picks a million times easier through free agency.

gold_and_red
09-19-2012, 12:44 AM
it does sound like some Mediterranean breakfast

I am sure that Whitlock had far worse variations of Pioli in his mind, I mean the kind CP revels in...

Cornstock
09-19-2012, 01:05 AM
A single post by Whitlock automatically sparks a 200 post thread (and counting). Amazing. Hate him or love him he gets people going to the degree that Clay can only dream.

Deberg_1990
09-19-2012, 06:12 AM

FAX

He also brought Worlds of Fun to KC! heh...

But its those types of public relations moves that help endear you to a community.

FAX
09-19-2012, 06:38 AM
Didn't a family of four die a horrible fiery death at Worlds Of Fun after plunging 40 feet from a roller coaster into a corn dog vendors cart?

Or, did I just make that up?

FAX

Guru
09-19-2012, 06:42 AM
Didn't a family of four die a horrible fiery death at Worlds Of Fun after plunging 40 feet from a roller coaster into a corn dog vendors cart?

Or, did I just make that up?

FAX

It was a water toy cart after they flew out of the EXT.