PDA

View Full Version : Elections Romney's Chances In November

Dallas Chief
09-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Heyyy Everybody! What do you think Romney's chance's are of winning in November? He has a chance right? I mean he is running after all so there are odds of him winning. Silly me!

Please respond before I tell you what I think so I have a fair amount of time to research my talking points. That way I have a better chance at dismantling your opinion and making you look like a Neanderthal Hillbilly. No need to put my own words and thoughts out there, when we have yours that we can all light afire and dance around like one little, two little, three little, Indian boys!

vailpass
09-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Need to set a minimum post level of 5,000 or more before you can start a thread in DC.

jiveturkey
09-17-2012, 02:02 PM
It looks like he currently has a 25% chance of winning. That's up 6% from a week ago.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

Slainte
09-17-2012, 02:04 PM
What is the chance that the late Shelley Winters will crawl out of her fucking grave to run with the bulls at Pamplona?

Dallas Chief
09-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Need to set a minimum post level of 5,000 or more before you can start a thread in DC.

You need to wash my balls you Donkey Mullah!:evil:

Dallas Chief
09-17-2012, 02:09 PM
It looks like he currently has a 25% chance of winning. That's up 6% from a week ago.

I knew I was right!!! However, due to your most certainly partisan source, I declare your mathematics and conclusion as invalid. You are nothing more than a shill. I must get back to my afternoon Bravo fix now. Good day.

vailpass
09-17-2012, 02:11 PM
You need to wash my balls you Donkey Mullah!:evil:

I'm sure that is a job that needs doing but I'm not the guy for it. Have you met lightrise or cosmo? Seems like they'd have the experience you need. :D

oldandslow
09-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Last spring I would have bet the farm on Romney winning. I don't think so now. If I were betting, I would bet on the President to be reelected.

The reason has more to do with the EC than anything. Obama, imo, is going to win PA, OH, NV, CO and IA. Even VA is trending toward his camp. He has a fighting chance in FL. MO will go Romney, as will NC and possibly WI due to the Ryan pick, but that just isnt going to be enough.

Brainiac
09-17-2012, 02:12 PM

As a Romney supporter, I have to admiit that his campaign has not exactly been inspiring or effective so far. There's no way that anyone with Obama's record of failure should be leading in the polls.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that Obama is the heavy favorite right now to win re-election. That makes it that much more important to vote for Republicans in the House and Senate races.

oldandslow
09-17-2012, 02:13 PM
As a Romney supporter, I have to admiit that his campaign has not exactly been inspiring or effective so far. There's no way that anyone with Obama's record of failure should be leading in the polls.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that Obama is the heavy favorite right now to win re-election. That makes it that much more important to vote for Republicans in the House and Senate races.

Repubs will hold the house. Akin/McCaskill really tarnished the chances for the senate.

jiveturkey
09-17-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't believe that the polls in PA are accurate. There's something like 500k that will be affected by the new voter ID laws and I would image that most of those are Obama votes.

oldandslow
09-17-2012, 02:33 PM
I don't believe that the polls in PA are accurate. There's something like 500k that will be affected by the new voter ID laws and I would image that most of those are Obama votes.

Maybe so, but I doubt it. Polls are giving him between a 6 and 11% advantage in PA...Even with new voting laws those are huge numbers to overcome.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/pa/pennsylvania_romney_vs_obama-1891.html

vailpass
09-17-2012, 02:51 PM
We'll see. It's either a new Potus or 4 years of the most bitter gridlock this country has ever seen in an effort to preserve the US for the next Potus.
Investors will remain in the fetal position for 4 more years.

oldandslow
09-17-2012, 02:58 PM
We'll see. It's either a new Potus or 4 years of the most bitter gridlock this country has ever seen in an effort to preserve the US for the next Potus.
Investors will remain in the fetal position for 4 more years.

I don't disagree.

At this point in time however, I just don't see the path for Romney to win the EC. Not saying one won't develop. It's just not there now.

I also must say most of it is his own doing. Just a terrible campaign. This isn't rocket science. Develop a winning message and stay on it. Being the anti-obama works for the base but not for the 10 or 15% that will decide the election.

ClevelandBronco
09-17-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm sure that is a job that needs doing but I'm not the guy for it. Have you met lightrise or cosmo? Seems like they'd have the experience you need. :D

His name is lightrise, not lightrinse. That would suggest that he doesn't wash his partner's balls so much as he tickles them awake. Cosmo is probably the man. Or whatever.

vailpass
09-17-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't disagree.

At this point in time however, I just don't see the path for Romney to win the EC. Not saying one won't develop. It's just not there now.

I also must say most of it is his own doing. Just a terrible campaign. This isn't rocket science. Develop a winning message and stay on it. Being the anti-obama works for the base but not for the 10 or 15% that will decide the election.

Sad but true O & S. So hard to believe the Rs could screw this one up in the face of such a weak sitting Potus.
As usual I can't argue with anything you say here.

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2012, 03:08 PM

If you replace Obama with Bush and Kerry with Romney, the same exact words were spoken in 2004.

RedNeckRaider
09-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Sad but true O & S. So hard to believe the Rs could screw this one up in the face of such a weak sitting Potus.
As usual I can't argue with anything you say here.

I have said before it is unreal with a complete failure in office who should be easily defeated the best the right could come up with is Romney. The fact that Barry is the favorite in this election is sickening. The Rs have out done themselves with this clown~

Dallas Chief
09-17-2012, 04:04 PM
LMAO!!! People actually are responding to a thread I created as an ode to the fail that is direckshun. I love you guys and this place! I am so emotional right now. If only I had some Palestinian footballers to celebrate with. Le sigh...

|Zach|
09-17-2012, 04:13 PM
LMAO!!! People actually are responding to a thread I created as an ode to the fail that is direckshun. I love you guys and this place! I am so emotional right now. If only I had some Palestinian footballers to celebrate with. Le sigh...

Weird.

SNR
09-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Heyyy Everybody! What do you think Romney's chance's are of winning in November? He has a chance right? I mean he is running after all so there are odds of him winning. Silly me!

Please respond before I tell you what I think so I have a fair amount of time to research my talking points. That way I have a better chance at dismantling your opinion and making you look like a Neanderthal Hillbilly. No need to put my own words and thoughts out there, when we have yours that we can all light afire and dance around like one little, two little, three little, Indian boys!

I don't get it

Dallas Chief
09-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Weird.

I know. I can't get past it.

BigRedChief
09-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Investors will remain in the fetal position for 4 more years.you are not living in the real world. If you think the Dem's will not fillibuster every policy initiative by Romney you are kidding yourself.

The only hope we have to avoid gridlock is an Obama victory. They know its his last term. No need to worry about helping him in a reelection bid. There are some things that D's and R's agree on that maybe we could get corporeation between parties. But if Romney wins, its going to be filibuster payback time.

Dallas Chief
09-17-2012, 05:21 PM
you are not living in the real world. If you think the Dem's will not fillibuster every policy initiative by Romney you are kidding yourself.

The only hope we have to avoid gridlock is an Obama victory. They know its his last term. No need to worry about helping him in a reelection bid. There are some things that D's and R's agree on that maybe we could get corporeation between parties. But if Romney wins, its going to be filibuster payback time.

Obamiwon... you are only hope. You should read yourself sometime. You really have become an off the wall caricature of a once proud Planeteer.

Dallas Chief
09-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Drink up everyone. He is our only hope. Because BRC said so.

BucEyedPea
09-17-2012, 05:26 PM

Enough to override a veto on BamyCare. Oh, I could wish! Oh John Roberts why, why, why did you cave to the lefties rewriting that bill?

BigRedChief
09-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Obamiwon... you are only hope. You should read yourself sometime. You really have become an off the wall caricature of a once proud Planeteer.I guess beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. You can twist my words to any degree you see fit. Still doesnt make it a fact.

Brock
09-17-2012, 05:33 PM
you are not living in the real world. If you think the Dem's will not fillibuster every policy initiative by Romney you are kidding yourself.

LMAO yeah, sure. The only hope for this country is that this shitbird get re-elected, what with the fantastic economy and all.

Dallas Chief
09-17-2012, 05:35 PM
LMAO yeah, sure. The only hope for this country is that this shitbird get re-elected, what with the fantastic economy and all.

LMAO @ shitbird!!!! Great word.

Bill Parcells
09-17-2012, 05:41 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/576881_3489190440098_1003903412_n.jpg

Bill Parcells
09-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Weird.

And Direckshun isnt? ROFL

That kid was masturbating to Obama white house photos in January 2009, made a thread about it and wouldnt stop saying how fascinating it was LMAO

That is not weird in the least, right?

Dallas Chief
09-17-2012, 06:24 PM

That kid was masturbating to Obama white house photos in January 2009, made a thread about it and wouldnt stop saying how fascinating it was LMAO

I also think he has a fetish for middle eastern men. I can't be sure though. Anything about Palestinians gets brought up and he gets all emotionally erect over it.

Aries Walker
09-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Romney's going to lose.

He might have had a chance if he a) didn't have to fight off the Clown Parade who ran against him in the Primaries, b) had put together a better Convention, and c) didn't keeping making gaffes. But, those were not to be, and barring some gigantic disaster between now and then, he's going to lose.

What will be really interesting will be to see the downticket races - Massachusetts Senate, for example. If the Democrats take both House and Senate, and/or get a 60% majority in either one, that would be a major sea change for the next two years, at least.

Either way, I anticipate getting very little sleep the night of the 6th. I will be glued -glued, I say - to the TV set.

BigRedChief
09-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Romney's going to lose.

He might have had a chance if he a) didn't have to fight off the Clown Parade who ran against him in the Primaries, b) had put together a better Convention, and c) didn't keeping making gaffes. But, those were not to be, and barring some gigantic disaster between now and then, he's going to lose.

What will be really interesting will be to see the downticket races - Massachusetts Senate, for example. If the Democrats take both House and Senate, and/or get a 60% majority in either one, that would be a major sea change for the next two years, at least.

Either way, I anticipate getting very little sleep the night of the 6th. I will be glued -glued, I say - to the TV set.I expect it to be close. A sqweeker. but it goes to Obama with 300 EC. No fucking way would have I believed this a year ago. Its unprecedented in an economy this bad.

Brainiac
09-17-2012, 07:37 PM

I have no idea how you came up with that. The Republicans are going to control the House. The Senate could go either way. Do you think the Republicans are going to cave and vote for Obama's policies just because he got re-elected? I don't, and I wouldn't want them to.

Help me out here, BRC. I must be missing something.

BigRedChief
09-17-2012, 08:01 PM
I have no idea how you came up with that. The Republicans are going to control the House. The Senate could go either way. Do you think the Republicans are going to cave and vote for Obama's policies just because he got re-elected? I don't, and I wouldn't want them to.

Help me out here, BRC. I must be missing something.

Romney wins it will be total gridlock.

I've explained my theory before in here but here it goes again.

The Republicans are not going to go cumbaya all of a sudden after the election. But after a little while it will be in their own personal interests to really cooperate with Obama. They don't want to be labeled the party of no for 8 years while we were in a recession. If they get slapped with that label, the independents will flee them in 2016 and they will lose that election. They will agree to tax hikes on the rich and then promise to put them back in place in 2016.

Obama has no more elections to win. He has a legacy to earn and polish. He will take positions that the dems hate to give the R's so that they will give on some of their sacred cows. Entitlements and social programs will be cut.

I see a "grand bargain" in the first year of Obama's 2nd term. A deal is made that everyone hates and spreads the blame around to every part of the voting electorate. Everyone has 3 years to blame the other. Promise to undo the parts their base hates if elected in 2016.

It would make political sense for both parties. Thats why it would happen. Not because they are suppose to be doing what is best for the country.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Not good.

Dallas Chief
09-17-2012, 09:01 PM

The Republicans are not going to go cumbaya all of a sudden after the election. But after a little while it will be in their own personal interests to really cooperate with Obama. They don't want to be labeled the party of no for 8 years while we were in a recession. If they get slapped with that label, the independents will flee them in 2016 and they will lose that election. They will agree to tax hikes on the rich and then promise to put them back in place in 2016.

Obama has no more elections to win. He has a legacy to earn and polish. He will take positions that the dems hate to give the R's so that they will give on some of their sacred cows. Entitlements and social programs will be cut.

I see a "grand bargain" in the first year of Obama's 2nd term. A deal is made that everyone hates and spreads the blame around to every part of the voting electorate. Everyone has 3 years to blame the other. Promise to undo the parts their base hates if elected in 2016.

It would make political sense for both parties. Thats why it would happen. Not because they are suppose to be doing what is best for the country.

I just dropped a deuce and wiped my backside with this theory. Thanks for the TP BRC!

|Zach|
09-17-2012, 09:23 PM
This thread is awkward.

|Zach|
09-17-2012, 09:24 PM

I don't know what you are talking about. You guys seems much more in tune to Direckshun than I am.

cosmo20002
09-17-2012, 09:35 PM

I usually agree with you, but can't see this happening. Rs were very content to run out the clock for 4 years and I don't see why they won't do it again. No, Obama's not running again, but there will be mid-terms in 2014 and they don't want to give the Ds anything to run on in 2016.

La literatura
09-17-2012, 10:26 PM

Excuse me; how is that weird?

Comrade Crapski
09-17-2012, 10:58 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/576881_3489190440098_1003903412_n.jpg

:thumb:

LMAO