PDA

View Full Version : Football AFCW worst division in football?

Chiefs=Good
09-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Chiefs- horrible qb, horrible gm, team playing like they realize they cant go anywhere with these two idiots.

Raiders- possibly the worst team in football. Traded away their future for an old broken qb.

Broncos- average at best. Manning just dosnt have the arm any more. looks scared.

Chargers- best of the worst. Average team with an average defense. They have a good qb but their coach and shitty overall team will see him go to waste.

Thoughts?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Pretty much. The Chiefs and Raiders are still in it, even at 0-2. That's just how bad it is.

Inmem58
09-17-2012, 10:27 PM
NFC West, but they're gaining steam quick.

We are still at the bottom.

thurman merman
09-17-2012, 10:28 PM
The Broncos are pretty good. They beat the Steelers and hung with the Falcons despite a horrendous first quarter. They are definitely the team to beat in the division.

jd1020
09-17-2012, 10:29 PM
NFC West, but they're gaining steam quick.

We are still at the bottom.

Not sure how a division with a SB contender can be worse than the AFC West.

Sorter
09-17-2012, 10:29 PM
You take away the Texans, and the AFCS is just as bad.

thurman merman
09-17-2012, 10:30 PM
You take away the Texans, and the AFCS is just as bad.

Why would you take away the Texans?

Garcia Bronco
The Broncos are pretty good. They beat the Steelers and hung with the Falcons despite a horrendous first quarter. They are definitely the team to beat in the division.

SD is looking good too. The intra-divison games are going to be close too.

ClevelandBronco
Pretty much. The Chiefs and Raiders are still in it, even at 0-2. That's just how bad it is.

Dude. If you mean that they haven't been statistically eliminated yet, yeah, sure. If you mean anything more than that, then put down the pipe, because you're part of the problem.

thurman merman
09-17-2012, 10:31 PM
SD is looking good too. The intra-divison games are going to be close too.

SD has played the shit-ass Raiders and the shit-ass Titans. They suck.

tk13
09-17-2012, 10:33 PM
The NFC West has the best record in football through two weeks. They've beat the Packers, Cowboys, Patriots, Lions, and Redskins too so it's not like they've beat up on the weak sisters.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-17-2012, 10:33 PM
And the last half of our schedule is when we play most of our division opponents.

listopencil
09-17-2012, 10:34 PM

This. The Broncos are going to take time to get up to speed. They had a shitty, shitty first quarter but fought themselves back into the game. I think they're going to keep improving. And the Falcons are no joke. You have to give them credit for playing very well.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Dude. If you mean that they haven't been statistically eliminated yet, yeah, sure. If you mean anything more than that, then put down the pipe, because you're part of the problem.

We almost won the division last year and we started 0-3. Every team in this division sucks. The favorite is San Diego as they have the best QB.

Guru
09-17-2012, 10:35 PM

I don't want to hear that shit this year.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-17-2012, 10:36 PM
This. The Broncos are going to take time to get up to speed. They had a shitty, shitty first quarter but fought themselves back into the game. I think they're going to keep improving. And the Falcons are no joke. You have to give them credit for playing very well.

That's because Mike Smith went all Marty. They took the foot off the gas. And if it weren't for some drops it would've been over a lot sooner. The only reason you're in it is because the rest of the teams suck too. This is the worst division in football.

-King-
09-17-2012, 10:37 PM

Did I miss something? When has a 0-2 team ever not been in it? We're less than 13% thru the season.

Chiefs=Good
09-17-2012, 10:38 PM
The thing with the three picks Manning threw is they werent just him being fooled, but they were bad throws too..

ClevelandBronco
09-17-2012, 10:38 PM
We almost won the division last year and we started 0-3. Every team in this division sucks. The favorite is San Diego as they have the best QB.

Never say die.

Y'know, Clark doesn't have to fix shit as long as there are true believers.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Poor, delusional fans thinking a 38 year old is going to GAIN his arm strength back

Chiefs=Good
09-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Poor, delusional fans thinking a 38 year old is going to GAIN his arm strength back

This x1000

listopencil
09-17-2012, 10:42 PM
That's because Mike Smith went all Marty. They took the foot off the gas. And if it weren't for some drops it would've been over a lot sooner. The only reason you're in it is because the rest of the teams suck too. This is the worst division in football.

To a degree, but you do tend to play more conservatively with a lead and our run D (mostly to the inside) has been surprisingly strong. To truly dominate the Falcons needed to fire up the running game tonight and they couldn't. I agree that our division is weak. But we still need to see how the Chargers are going to shake out and the Bronco Offense is a work in progress. We'll see.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Turner looks slow as hell the 1st 2 weeks. Looks like LJ at the end of his days.

TEX
09-17-2012, 10:44 PM
You guys are crazy, in the end Denver's going to win the division.

notorious
09-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Denver and Diego can beat anyone in the NFL.

Raiders and Chiefs can't even beat their meat.

The bottom feeders drag this division down to "average".

Chiefs Pantalones
09-17-2012, 10:46 PM
To a degree, but you do tend to play more conservatively with a lead and our run D (mostly to the inside) has been surprisingly strong. To truly dominate the Falcons needed to fire up the running game tonight and they couldn't. I agree that our division is weak. But we still need to see how the Chargers are going to shake out and the Bronco Offense is a work in progress. We'll see.

Yeah the Chargers haven't fell asleep yet. It's an annual thing so it should be coming. If not, I'll be surprised.

tk13

I don't know how anyone comes to that conclusion after two games. It's wide open at this point. And the Chargers have always played Manning very well.

Buck
SD has played the shit-ass Raiders and the shit-ass Titans. They suck.

I just want to say that the basis you're using is completely idiotic. Who you play doesn't say whether you suck or not.

Our defense is killer this year. Falcons coming off a short week all the way across the country. Wouldn't be surprised if we're 3-0. Wouldn't be surprised if we aren't either, but I'm not leaning either way right now.

I think that we could beat any team on a neutral field. Just like the Broncos. It's nice having a Franchise QB.

listopencil
09-17-2012, 10:47 PM
The thing with the three picks Manning threw is they werent just him being fooled, but they were bad throws too..

Yup. Reminded me of what the Patriots would do when facing Manning. He was the de facto OC for the Colts and the Offense doesn't work when you can sack the OC. The Broncos have to work on their base Offense for sure. But right now that no huddle is the only thing that's working well for them.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-17-2012, 10:48 PM
I don't know how anyone comes to that conclusion after two games. It's wide open at this point. And the Chargers have always played Manning very well.

This. What games has he been watching? I see an old, broke QB that can't throw downfield. San Diego's division to lose.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Did I miss something? When has a 0-2 team ever not been in it? We're less than 13% thru the season.

IIRC, only 13% of teams since 93 have made the playoffs after starting 0-2. Although this division's (and the NFC West) suckage wasn't to this extent back then. As they say...someone has to go from this division.

Mile High Mania
09-17-2012, 10:50 PM
This. What games has he been watching? I see an old, broke QB that can't throw downfield. San Diego's division to lose.

Enh, they still nearly won it... he's not what he was, but he's better than most still. Denver can win this division, but again - it's more than Manning. The defense is still 'bend and don't break', but they give up big 3rd downs and have issues in the secondary.

They can win the AFCW, but until they steadily improve - they won't get far in the playoffs. SD doesn't look like much either at this point. It's week 2...

kcpasco
09-17-2012, 10:50 PM

But I highly doubt they get a 1st round bye.
Then Manning will fall flat on his face in New England like always.

Buck
09-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Enh, they still nearly won it... he's not what he was, but he's better than most still. Denver can win this division, but again - it's more than Manning. The defense is still 'bend and don't break', but they give up big 3rd downs and have issues in the secondary.

They can win the AFCW, but until they steadily improve - they won't get far in the playoffs. SD doesn't look like much either at this point. It's week 2...

Dropping a 38 spot on a bad team and holding them to 10 isn't good enough for you?

listopencil
09-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Dropping a 38 spot on a bad team and holding them to 10 isn't good enough for you?

No. Rivers sucks unless I personally see him walk on water, turn water into wine, and feed thousands with one loaf of bread and a fish. If he can do all that then I will concede that he may be an average QB.

Mile High Mania
09-17-2012, 11:04 PM

Is it good enough for you? SD beat the Raiders and Titans ... look out SuperBowl! What has changed positively for SD that makes you think 2012 is different from year's past?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Never say die.

Y'know, Clark doesn't have to fix shit as long as there are true believers.

I'm not saying I'm for the team getting some cheap wins. I'm just saying what is fact until proven otherwise...the division is shit and every team is in it. I'm for long term success, not once every two or three years a playoff loss. That means drafting a QB in the first round and getting Cassel the hell out of here.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Is it good enough for you? SD beat the Raiders and Titans ... look out SuperBowl! What has changed positively for SD that makes you think 2012 is different from year's past?

It's early but they actually took care of business. This is the first time Norv has been 2-0 with the Chargers.

Mile High Mania
09-17-2012, 11:08 PM
It's early but they actually took care of business. This is the first time Norv has been 2-0 with the Chargers.

Sure, you gotta win the games on your schedule and like I said ... kudos for beating the Raiders and Titans. I definitely like my chances with Denver this year... they likely won't win a SB, but SD sure as hell isn't either.

Buck
09-17-2012, 11:11 PM

I never said that they proved they were awesome, but you said they don't look like much, despite dominating offensively and defensively so far.

Mile High Mania
09-17-2012, 11:15 PM
I never said that they proved they were awesome, but you said they don't look like much, despite dominating offensively and defensively so far.

Sure - they've looked great against 2 teams that are a combined 0-4. I don't think we know what they are yet - hell, most of the league is still a bit unknown, hell the Cardinals are 2-0.

BoltWalt
09-17-2012, 11:18 PM
This division used to be a strong one, I remember how the Seattle fans would complain that they were put into the AFC Wast when they could have just as easily been put into the NFC West where they would have quickly challenged for the playoffs. But not in the AFC West were only the Chiefs were an average team. I keep hoping the west will rise again and send two teams to the playoffs again, how long has it been since that last happened?

ClevelandBronco
09-17-2012, 11:24 PM
This division used to be a strong one, I remember how the Seattle fans would complain that they were put into the AFC Wast when they could have just as easily been put into the NFC West where they would have quickly challenged for the playoffs. But not in the AFC West were only the Chiefs were an average team. I keep hoping the west will rise again and send two teams to the playoffs again, how long has it been since that last happened?

2006-07

Chargers #1 seed

KC #6

BoltWalt
09-17-2012, 11:24 PM
No. Rivers sucks unless I personally see him walk on water, turn water into wine, and feed thousands with one loaf of bread and a fish. If he can do all that then I will concede that he may be an average QB.
Early Man sure was gullible huh?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-17-2012, 11:25 PM

BoltWalt
09-17-2012, 11:49 PM
IIRC, only 13% of teams since 93 have made the playoffs after starting 0-2. Although this division's (and the NFC West) suckage wasn't to this extent back then. As they say...someone has to go from this division.Twice the division has been won by a team going 8-8 and both times the division winner was an underdog when they played the wildcard team at home. In 2008 the Bolts defeated the Colts, in 2011 the Broncos defeated the Steelers. So even when the division looks week the playoffs are not one and done.

Ugly Duck
09-18-2012, 02:11 AM

I'm not really a stoopid guy, I just play one on the interwebs. One thing I do know about is neckbones & nerves & stuff cuz I'm a CT/X-ray tech. Something I've noticed about cervical nerve injuries is that sometimes full strength never returns to the arms in some patients. Peyton's neck problems were at C2, C3 & C4. Lookit this diagram to see which areas are affected:

..............................http://www.necksolutions.com/images/radiculopthy.gif

thurman merman
09-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I just want to say that the basis you're using is completely idiotic. Who you play doesn't say whether you suck or not.

Yeah, you're right. Competition is not important. The Chargers are really good.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Yes.

The Iron Chief
09-23-2012, 04:45 PM
I love that all our rivals are getting their collective sh1t kicked in today but god damn it its going to cost me my fantasy win!
Only the Chiefs showed up to play from the west today.

thurman merman
09-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Our defense is killer this year.

Yep.

thurman merman
09-23-2012, 04:59 PM
It's nice having a Franchise QB.

Yep.

Ugly Duck
09-24-2012, 03:50 AM
I love that all our rivals are getting their collective sh1t kicked in today.... Only the Chiefs showed up to play from the west today.

The AFCW durn near got swept today. Two plays prevented a total division embarrassment this week - the Jamaal Charles 91-yard TD run & the McFadden 63-yard TD run. The OP postulates a legit question IMO....

Count Zarth
09-24-2012, 03:52 AM
The donkeys and chargers did not look good.

If they are mediocre this is a dogshit division and maybe we can win it.

Oh yeah, that's right, I said it.

Just prepping you now for the flip flop.

stonedstooge
09-24-2012, 05:34 AM
I'm not really a stoopid guy, I just play one on the interwebs. One thing I do know about is neckbones & nerves & stuff cuz I'm a CT/X-ray tech. Something I've noticed about cervical nerve injuries is that sometimes full strength never returns to the arms in some patients. Peyton's neck problems were at C2, C3 & C4. Lookit this diagram to see which areas are affected:

..............................http://www.necksolutions.com/images/radiculopthy.gif

Actually his surgery was at C6-C7. That's why he's had so much trouble with his triceps and has lost the zip on the ball. Having had the same surgery it also affects discs above or below the surgery site as explained to me; the plate or bone graft stabilizes the area of deterioration, but in doing so can cause pressure at areas above or below the fusion site. Kind of like if you take the kink out at one level, it can throw off the alignment of areas above or below to compensate for the pressure relieved at the initial site.

FAX
09-24-2012, 05:48 AM
Those are very interesting theories gentlemen, but as a scientist and student of advanced morphology in long-necked, giant-headed carnivores, I can tell you that the head bone is connected to the neck bone and the neck bone is connected to the shoulder bone and the shoulder bone is connected to the wobble bone. This, of course, leads us to the inevitable conclusion that, as a result of the surgery, Peyton's wobble bone has been overly stimulated.

FAX