PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Scott Pioli was supposed to be Thomas Dimitroff

RunKC
09-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Face it. We're all jealous of what the Falcons have built. But look at Dimitroff and his appearance. He's the only Patriot exec or coach to leave the nest and have success. This was the guy Pioli was supposed to be for us.

-When Pioli got here, we were expecting some great drafting like New England has had.
Look at who Dimitroff has drafted (I won't even count Matt Ryan because that's a simple pick).
Sam Baker, Curtis Lofton, Thomas DeCoud, Harry Douglas, William Moore, Sean Witherspoon, Jacquizz Rodgers and Julio Jones.
Even Peter Konz looks like a really good addition on paper.
All these guys are players who are making big plays for them (or did in Curtis Lofton's case).

-Pioli was supposed to make big moves like Belicheck did.
Dimitroff has been the one making moves.
The trade for Gonzalez was pure genius. It made us look like retards considering we took a DB with the pick in exchange and he doesn't even start!
Then Dimitroff trades up into the first round for Sam Baker, who had a rough start, but has shown to be well worth that pick.
Dimirtoff made possibly the best draft trade any team has made in the last decade in the trade for Julio Jones.

-Filling the team with depth.
Pioli was supposed to be a mastermind at this, but Dimitroff has been tremendous in this area. Falcons lose their best defender in Curtis Lofton? No big deal. They drafted Witherspoon and Nicholas and they're fine.
They have Grimes and Robinson at CB so they are fine right? No. Dimitroff brings in Asante Samuel. Man this is just great work.

-Going outside of the New England circle for coaching hires

This is probably the area where Dimitroff has kicked Pioli's ass the most. Hiring Mike Smith was pure genius. He wasn't involved with the Pats at all.
Mike Mularkey had no Patriot tree roots and he brought him in. Good hire.
Now this year he brings in Nolan to run the defense. Another good hire.

Yeah they haven't won a playoff game like us, but they will this year and in the future. They are quickly becoming an elite team. I just wish that our path went the way theirs did.
That's why I hate watching the Falcons play. Because that's the kind of team we hoped Scott Pioli would bring us.

Count Zarth
09-17-2012, 10:39 PM
I loved the way the Falcons came into Arrowhead and totally demolished Fat Scott's regime the first week of the 2012 season. It totally deflated any idea that Pioli was worth shit. I knew then he would be fired. Looking back, it was a real turning point.

God bless the Atlanta Falcons.

-King-
09-17-2012, 10:39 PM
I don't give a shit about the Falcons. If we're going to talk about good teams we could have been...I'm jealous of the 49ers. We should hire the 3rd Harbaugh brother to be our coach. They seem to know how to run a football team.

Shogun
09-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Great post

ChiefsCountry
09-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Its because Dimitroff is from the Carl Peterson tree.

Inmem58
09-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Way to kick a down horse you fuck.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Can they win a playoff game before the mass suckoff please?

RunKC
09-17-2012, 10:44 PM

Was waiting for this post. I'll remind you in January when they do. The teams who beat them in the playoffs went to the SB, so it's not like they sucked.

Count Zarth
09-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Thomas Dimitroff must hack off Pioli so bad.

Dimitroff is a lean, sexy guy with great hair and runs one of the best teams in the NFC.

Scott Pioli is a fat, bald turd running a shitboat.

Chiefs=Good
Im suprised clay hasnt gifd up TDs walking swagger at the end of the chiefs game. You can by all means do that when u build a playoff contender.

-King-
Was waiting for this post. I'll remind you in January when they do. The teams who beat them in the playoffs went to the SB, so it's not like they sucked.

Yes...they sucked. Without checking...I think they scored 9 points in the 2 playoff games combined LMAO

RunKC
09-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Yes...they sucked. Without checking...I think they scored 9 points in the 2 playoff games combined LMAO

They are winning playoff games soon, whether you guys can admit it or not.

Count Zarth
09-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Im suprised clay hasnt gifd up TDs walking swagger at the end of the chiefs game. You can by all means do that when u build a playoff contender.

Um, last week says hello.

http://i.imgur.com/YTYJB.gif

tk13
09-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Last year the Falcons were embarrassed. Two years ago I give them a bit of a pass. Rodgers played maybe the greatest game any QB has ever played in the playoffs against them. It was in another universe. I'm not sure the 85 Bears would've stopped him in that game.

But otherwise yes, right now they are the 90's Chiefs. Very good team, have been the #1 seed in the NFC before, outstanding home record, but not quite over the hump.

RunKC
09-17-2012, 10:54 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/photo_images/8958141/20120911_kkt_sm8_410_extra_large.jpg

Dimitroff: Hey Scott how you getting the most money out of all of us bro? Don't you realize Cassel sucks?

Pioli: Cassel doesn't suck! Bill told me he was good. I only gave up a 2nd for him! What a steal right?!

Dimitoff: Yeah um sure. Thanks for taking a 2nd off our hands for your HOF TE bro.

RUSH
09-17-2012, 10:54 PM
I agree with most of what you said, but you are giving WAY too much credit to Sam Baker.

He ****ing sucks. They are dying to replace him in Atlanta.

RunKC
09-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Last year the Falcons were embarrassed. Two years ago I give them a bit of a pass. Rodgers played maybe the greatest game any QB has ever played in the playoffs against them. It was in another universe. I'm not sure the 85 Bears would've stopped him in that game.

But otherwise yes, right now they are the 90's Chiefs. Very good team, have been the #1 seed in the NFC before, outstanding home record, but not quite over the hump.

Except they have something the 90's Chiefs didn't have....a franchise QB. That is the difference.

tk13
09-17-2012, 11:00 PM
That's the wrong caption for that conversation.

Dimitroff: Yeah man, it's been a crazy offseason.

Pioli: [I wish he'd button his jacket...] Yeah it has.

Dimitroff: I can't believe the whole Saints drama. Great for us.

Pioli: [I WISH HE'D BUTTON HIS @#*$ JACKET...] Yeah, that's something.

Dimitroff: Yeah those guys are really in trouble without Payton.

Pioli: [JAAAAAACKET BUTTONSSSS] Yeah, probably.

Dimitroff: And I don't know what Tampa was thinking hiring that college...

Pioli: CANDY WRAPPERS! I mean, jacket buttons... I mean, yeah. How about that.

Chiefs=Good
09-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Um, last week says hello.

http://i.imgur.com/YTYJB.gif

I knew ud gif that LMAO

mcaj22
09-17-2012, 11:01 PM
heres how low we are on the food chain

falcons just beat the broncos
the broncos beat the steelers
the steelers beat the jets
the jets crushed the bills
bills crushed the chiefs

its very sad

tk13
09-17-2012, 11:04 PM
heres how low we are on the food chain

falcons just beat the broncos
the broncos beat the steelers
the steelers beat the jets
the jets crushed the bills
bills crushed the chiefs

its very sad

Chiefs crushed the Cardinals in preseason
Cardinals crushed the Patriots

CHIEFS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE AFC.

Baconeater
09-17-2012, 11:06 PM

We are now accepting deposits for playoff tickets! Get yours reserved today before they're all gone!

Signed,
Clark Hunt

RunKC
09-17-2012, 11:06 PM

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/710151/thumbs/s-ERMAHGERD-MEME-large.jpg

tk13
09-17-2012, 11:09 PM
We are now accepting deposits for playoff tickets! Get yours reserved today before they're all gone!

Signed,
Clark Hunt

JONATHAN BALDWIN CAUGHT A PASS LAST WEEK! WHAT IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN? CALL YOUR SEASON TICKET REP TODAY!

DaWolf
09-17-2012, 11:10 PM
Dimitrioff has been great for the Falcons. But they also have an owner who makes his presence felt. Blank was pushing hard for them to draft Matt Ryan. Hunt may need to do the same with Pioli after the season if he wants a QB.

The interesting thing with the Patriots is that they signed Bledsoe to a huge deal right before he got hurt and Brady emerged. Can you imagine where that franchise would be today if they hadn't lucked into Brady?

tk13
09-17-2012, 11:13 PM
What happens if Bledsoe failed in that first AFC title game and Brady never gets to play in that first Super Bowl? That's probably the most overlooked thing in their run because everyone remembers the Tuck Rule game first.

Chief_For_Life58
09-17-2012, 11:19 PM
but but but Romeo was spost to be Bill Belicheck!!!!

Saccopoo
09-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Dimitrioff has been great for the Falcons. But they also have an owner who makes his presence felt. Blank was pushing hard for them to draft Matt Ryan. Hunt may need to do the same with Pioli after the season if he wants a QB.

http://www.wvusports.com/content/Smith121310.jpg

SNR
09-17-2012, 11:33 PM

Happened to the Chiefs all the time in the 90s. Still doesn't excuse them.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 06:34 AM
Except they have something the 90's Chiefs didn't have....a franchise QB. That is the difference.

He's not a franchise QB until he wins one of those games.

Deberg_1990
09-18-2012, 06:40 AM
He's not a franchise QB until he wins one of those games.

He certainly needs to win one to get himself to the next level, but lets not get ridiculous. Hes definately a top 10 QB. Hes brought stability and steady play to a franchise desperate for it and hes still fairly young.

I dont even think Peyton Manning won a playoff game until his 5th or 6th season?

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 06:44 AM
I think he is a guy that you can build a franchise around. However, he does have to win in the playoffs. People around here go ballastic when they go one and done.

I think we've all seen QBs like Cassel shit the bed. However, no one shits the bed like matt Ryan in the playoffs. He's a different guy.

Deberg_1990
09-18-2012, 07:07 AM
I think he is a guy that you can build a franchise around. However, he does have to win in the playoffs. People around here go ballastic when they go one and done.

I think we've all seen QBs like Cassel shit the bed. However, no one shits the bed like matt Ryan in the playoffs. He's a different guy.

Personally, i would kill for the Chiefs to have a guy like Ryan, and i wanted him at the time.

4, probably 5 playoff appearances in a row to start your career. Thats pretty solid.

Look how filled Arrowhead stayed in the early 90s even though we were losing playoff games. I might even rank Ryan ahead of Rivers and definately Cutler.

KCChiefsFan88
09-18-2012, 07:53 AM
The Atlanta front office is the anti-Chiefs. Arthur Blank is aggressive in spending money and creating a sense of urgency from the very top of the organization towards winning a Super Bowl. Dimitroff makes bold, aggressive moves in both free agency and in the draft to acquire talent.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 01:20 PM
I remembered this today and you should all check it out. It's pretty damn funny. It's the angry Falcons fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBNtAC_dy_0

Sofa King
09-18-2012, 01:28 PM

This

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2012, 01:30 PM
I loved the way the Falcons came into Arrowhead and totally demolished Fat Scott's regime the first week of the 2012 season. It totally deflated any idea that Pioli was worth shit. I knew then he would be fired. Looking back, it was a real turning point.

God bless the Atlanta Falcons.

Amen.

Hoover
09-18-2012, 01:46 PM
I think Pioli and Dimitroff have done very similar things with their teams.

Both changed the culture of their franchise. Both have created a lot of home-grown depth.

I think there are only two major differences.

1. Atlanta has a better owner.
2. Atlanta drafted a Quarterback with the 3rd overall pick, while the Chiefs signed a young player coming off a huge year.

In 2009, Pioli had just landed Cassel and the Chiefs selected Tyson Jackson with the 3rd overall pick. None of us really liked the pick, but its not like we would have been that much better today had we drafted Marc Sanchez.

In 2010 we took Eric Berry with the 5th pick, a selection we all really like. Frankly, there were no QBs in the early rounds for Pioli to entertain.

In 2011, we took Baldwin with pick 26. Again, there wasn't really a Quarterback on the board at 21 or 26 for Pioli to entertain. Andy Dalton when in the second round that year. He looks promising, but he might not be the answer either.

Pioli deserves criticism, but he got unlucky with his decision to bring in Matt Cassel. Other than that, he has not had the opportunity to draft a QBOTF.

My anger towards Pioli is limited to his inability to hire a quality head coach. Scott might need to check his ego at the door of he wants to find a coach who can actually lead this team to greatness.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Pioli = Berry and nothing else.

T-post Tom
09-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Thomas Dimitroff must hack off Pioli so bad.

Dimitroff is a lean, sexy guy with great hair...

So what qualities make him sexy to you? Besides his locks & the svelte figure?

DJ's left nut
09-18-2012, 02:02 PM
What home-grown depth?

Arenas? Jalil Brown? Studebaker? Elam? Eechus?

Pioli has done nothing here. He has drafted 2 quality young players in Berry (duh) and Houston. Otherwise all he has done is take the best players from the Herm era, who are still the best players on his team, and do jack shit with them.

No, Dimitroff and Pioli have not done even remotely similar things.

mcaj22
09-18-2012, 02:05 PM
i would take Andy Dalton 10 times out of 10 over Jon invisible Baldwin and its not even close

KC Tattoo
09-18-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm even envious of Falcons owner Arthur Blank. He shows he cares about his team and fans. He is a classy guy.

DJ's left nut
09-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Here's an interesting exercise:

Look at how much talent Pioli has lost from a roster that would lose to "53 guys off the street".

Tony Gonzalez
Brian Waters
Wade Smith
Jason Babin
Brandon Carr
Bernard Pollard
Connor Barth

That's seven high-quality starters. Most of whom have been replaced by guys that are either lateral moves or clear downgrades. And that's not even getting into guys like McBride who have not been stars but solid players (that are definitely better than a lot of guys on this roster).

Pioli's done nothing here. He's done absolutely fucking nothing. Without the players that Herm and crew acquired for him, he wouldn't have 10 wins total by now. The Chiefs have been that absolute worst organization in football since he took over.

mcaj22
09-18-2012, 02:25 PM

Look at how much talent Pioli has lost from a roster that would lose to "53 guys off the street".

Tony Gonzalez
Brian Waters
Wade Smith
Jason Babin
Brandon Carr
Bernard Pollard
Connor Barth

That's seven high-quality starters. Most of whom have been replaced by guys that are either lateral moves or clear downgrades. And that's not even getting into guys like McBride who have not been stars but solid players (that are definitely better than a lot of guys on this roster).

Pioli's done nothing here. He's done absolutely ****ing nothing. Without the players that Herm and crew acquired for him, he wouldn't have 10 wins total by now. The Chiefs have been that absolute worst organization in football since he took over.

all of those guys listed went to play for winning franchises that are legit playoff potential every season besides Barth (even thought that team is showing some competitive potential for being young and willingness to clean house when the staff sucks)

Micjones
09-18-2012, 02:46 PM
The Falcons have as many playoff wins as we do.
I'm only jealous of Matt Ryan.

saphojunkie
09-18-2012, 02:47 PM
JONATHAN BALDWIN CAUGHT A PASS LAST WEEK! WHAT IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN? CALL YOUR SEASON TICKET REP TODAY!

TRY TO CALL RIGHT AFTER A DERRICK JOHNSON TACKLE! THE CROWD NOISE WILL LOWER BY .0005 DECIBELS AND WE CAN HEAR YOU BETTAH!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-19-2012, 02:47 PM

Tony Gonzalez
Brian Waters
Wade Smith
Jason Babin
Brandon Carr
Bernard Pollard
Connor Barth

Pioli's done nothing here. He's done absolutely fucking nothing. Without the players that Herm and crew acquired for him, he wouldn't have 10 wins total by now. The Chiefs have been that absolute worst organization in football since he took over.

Pollard love, goin' out to Clay.

O.city
09-19-2012, 03:38 PM
I have a theory on the moves Pioli has made here. Let me put my tinfoil hat on first.

The dude is supposed to be an ego maniac, which by all accounts, he is. He's let alot of the guys he didn't bring in himself, walk. I think he wanted to turn this thing into something only he put together, so if it worked he could bang his chest and give everyone the finger.