PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why does this team fail to show up?

CoMoChief
09-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Is Cassel the root of the problem here?

If this team gets down a couple scores, does this team quit because they know who's playing behind center?

I mean lets face it. Regardless of what the PR dept at 1 Arrowhead Drive tells the players to say in interviews, you can't honestly sit here any believe players like Bowe, Charles, Berry, Hali and DJ think Cassel can lead this team?

These guys have all been around football their entire lives. They see other QB's around the league the how they play on the field in live action on the other sidelines. Do they like Cassel, or do they think he's a nice guy? I'm sure they do. But in this league being a nice guy and hard worker isn't going to cut it. You have to lead by example for anyone to respect you. I don't think players respected Haley because he was an asshole who never playrd the game at a high level. He fucking played golf and was silver spooned inot the NFL.

Cassel craps his pants on a game by game basis. Players around the league know this. Coaches know this. Are we really that naive to think his own teammates don't think this? Why do you think Bowe held out for so long? Because he thinks our passing game is shit without him. In many ways he's right. If Drew Brees was our QB...someone that can drive an offense downfield and carry a team on his back to where losing Bowe wouldn't result our offense skipping a beat, he'd have less leverage and he probably wouldn't have held out as long knowing that he would be easily replaced and the wheels on the offense would keep turning.

I mean the guy was given a contract that he never earned, and was given by his buddy from New England, meanwhile we let a guy like Carr walk, someone who had worked his ass off and made a name for himself in this league as a 5th round draft choice. I know you can't keep everyone in today's NFL but what does that tell the rest of the locker room? Sigh....I'm done ranting....this is going to be a long terrible depressing week.

I really hate it when the Chiefs lose...especially on Mondays at work. The day just sucks overall. What I hate even more is when they complete get blown out by (what seem to be) inferior teams, and then the Chiefs players turn around and tell reporters at the end of the game "Well we didn't show up today." Well....WHY THE FUCK NOT?!?! I mean I knew ATL was going to be a loss in the opener with the injuries we had on defense, particularly in the secondary, but fucking Buffalo, especially after what they did to the Chiefs last season in the home opener? You'd think the players would have a big chip on their shoulder from last season and would want some kind of revenge. Nope...not this team. You could see it on the sidelines and even when they first came out of the locker room. Stone cold faces...deer in the headlights kind if looks. This team has zero mental toughness and once they get down...that's it. You can almost bet that 14-0 will turn into 28-0 before no time because this team gives the fuck up too early.

Does that fall on the head coach. I'm sure some of it does to say the least...but is it also because the players think that Cassel is not the man for the job? Shit even as fans we can see this. And while some of us may not be very well versed in the x's and o's of the game, we all know a horrible QB when we see one, and it doesn't take someone who coaches at the NFL level to figure that out.

Bump
09-18-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm going with coaching. We should be much more competitive then this. We really regressed a lot from the 2nd half of last season. The coaches aren't getting them ready to play, there is no effort out there.

ClevelandBronco
09-18-2012, 12:05 AM
They're sitting on $30 mil. They might be able to bribe some of the guys.

pr_capone
09-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Kasl is the root of the problem.

The D is tired of having to trot back onto the field after mult 3'n'outs. They don't believe that the O is putting for any effort... why the fuck should they?

Manning is here and the O-line holds up like Ft. Knox. RG3 is here and they all turn into pulling gods and steamroll defenders to get RG3 some running room. Kasl is here and they are likely purposely letting him get hit in hopes that he breaks something.

/can't blame them.

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Because they don't have this guy:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OrUpzWQr0x4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bump
09-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Kasl is the root of the problem.

The D is tired of having to trot back onto the field after mult 3'n'outs. They don't believe that the O is putting for any effort... why the **** should they?

Manning is here and the O-line holds up like Ft. Knox. RG3 is here and they all turn into pulling gods and steamroll defenders to get RG3 some running room. Kasl is here and they are likely purposely letting him get hit in hopes that he breaks something.

/can't blame them.

well that doesnt explain the 1st half of the first game, our offense was on point. We were getting first downs at first yesterday too while the defense was getting demolished. It's not time of possession this time.

pr_capone
09-18-2012, 12:11 AM
well that doesnt explain the 1st half of the first game, our offense was on point. We were getting first downs at first yesterday too while the defense was getting demolished. It's not time of possession this time.

There was still hope at that point.

gold_and_red
09-18-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm going with coaching. We should be much more competitive then this. We really regressed a lot from the 2nd half of last season. The coaches aren't getting them ready to play, there is no effort out there.

Did you consider the possibility of the D being overrated from last year because of the s*** offenses they faced..hmm..lets see..McNabb, Caleb freaking Haine, Teblow, Rivers' Halloween gift, Kyle Boilerplate, Painter...

I will give you GB, but somebody had to beat them and the timing was perfect for us!!

L.A. Chieffan
09-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Look mah, another Cassell sucks thread! Yeehaw

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Did you consider the possibility of the D being overrated from last year because of the s*** offenses they faced..hmm..lets see..McNabb, Caleb freaking Haine, Teblow, Rivers' Halloween gift, Kyle Boilerplate, Painter...

I will give you GB, but somebody had to beat them and the timing was perfect for us!!

No.

The personnel on this defense is actually quite good. There is a lot of guys on this roster who have shown flashes and who have played hard.

The base 34 scheme sucks for defending the modern offense in the NFL.

Everyone around here bitched like Kim Kardashian on the rag about the "spread offense" two years ago, but, like I said, it's the wave, and the NFL will be riding it sooner rather than later. The base 34 isn't a good defense to defend against a no huddle spread and the Chiefs are showing why.

Now, at this point, I don't care.

I hope they tank the season, get Geno Smith as their first round draft pick and convince Urban Meyer to come coach the team.

With those two guys, this team can be competitive immediately.

BCD
09-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Lousy QB. Lousy coaches. Lousy GM.

I was not in favor of promoting Crennel, but goddamn it if I didnt begin to defend him.

Fuck me.

BossChief
09-18-2012, 12:29 AM
I posted some info yesterday that I thought more about earlier today.

Is it just a coincidence that Romeo started calling his defense more aggressively once Cassel got hurt last year, or is he actively trying to put Cassel in position to fail by giving up early points and getting him out of his comfort zone?

Last year, he did the same thing while Cassel was out there.

I don't think it's a coincidence that his defense came alive when Cassels hand broke.

BCD
09-18-2012, 12:31 AM

Is it just a coincidence that Romeo started calling his defense more aggressively once Cassel got hurt last year, or is he actively trying to put Cassel in position to fail by giving up early points and getting him out of his comfort zone?

I don't think it's a coincidence that his defense came alive when Cassels hand broke.https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlu225pmnacrqz5bUiB3KMJPQ3hG-YcmbuCcCD7wisUvRxKoGj

New World Order
09-18-2012, 12:46 AM
Because we have the black version of Wade Phillips

gold_and_red
09-18-2012, 12:52 AM
This can also be viewed as lack of leadership. Cassel is a wannabe leader, but nobody on the team gives a rat's a** about his presence.
Have you ever seen the offense huddling on the sidelines trying to make things better? They go through the motions, then Cassel tries to put his hat on alone having that "I am grading out really well" look and nobody else within sight....

New World Order
09-18-2012, 12:54 AM
This can also be viewed as lack of leadership. Cassel is a wannabe leader, but nobody on the team gives a rat's a** about his presence.
Have you ever seen the offense huddling on the sidelines trying to make things better? They go through the motions, then Cassel tries to put his hat on alone having that "I am grading out really well" look and nobody else within sight....

No one respects Cassel on the team, does anyone have that Tamba Hali quote about Kyle Orton last year, it was about how he appreciated having a qb that could extend drives.

gold_and_red
09-18-2012, 01:06 AM
No.

The personnel on this defense is actually quite good. There is a lot of guys on this roster who have shown flashes and who have played hard.

Everyone around here bitched like Kim Kardashian on the rag about the "spread offense" two years ago, but, like I said, it's the wave, and the NFL will be riding it sooner rather than later. The base 34 isn't a good defense to defend against a no huddle spread and the Chiefs are showing why.

I hope they tank the season, get Geno Smith as their first round draft pick and convince Urban Meyer to come coach the team.

We can't seem to stop anybody, let alone a high flying spread offense.
Week 1 it is the stud WRs and Matt Ryan against a depleted secondary, Week 2 we can't stop the run, so where is the issue again? Every week it is a new problem..I am just tired of this BS!!

el borracho
09-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Why does this team fail to show up?

1. No quaterback
2. No head coach

InChiefsHell
09-18-2012, 05:31 AM
There are no leaders on the team. Period. Not amongst the players and not amongst the coaches. No passion, no spirit. They look flat the moment they run out on the field. You could see it in pre-season and just like the shitty play, the shitty attitude has carried over into the regular season...

Rausch
09-18-2012, 05:56 AM
Is Cassel the root of the problem here?

If this team gets down a couple scores, does this team quit because they know who's playing behind center?

Did you see the way the Donks defense stepped it up in the 4th because they KNEW if they got him the ball back he could win?

Well, Imagine the opposite. Imagine a team knowing their efforts are fruitless. Unless THEY score there is no come back.

chiefzilla1501
09-18-2012, 06:02 AM
I hate Cassel, but how can anyone say it's the quarterback and not coaching?

Over the last 20 years, the hardest fought game I have ever seen the Chiefs play was their effort against the Steelers in a loss last year. Despite horrendous play from the QB, they battled and fought. Sorry, but if you can motivate yourself behind Palko, you can motivate yourself behind anyone.

The team is soft. Some of us called that a long time ago when Romeo was hired. Romeo doesn't make players want to hit people. He values the film room more than the weight room. He's not going to demand focus from players. He's not going to pump a team up. He is too quiet to be taken seriously when he's angry. He is the ultimate player's coach.

chiefzilla1501
09-18-2012, 06:04 AM

I don't think it's a coincidence that his defense came alive when Cassels hand broke.

No. This is way off as a conspiracy theory.

Romeo knows how much is at stake for him. He knows he has a really, really bad reputation as a head coach. He's not going to sabotage it by taking what was deemed to be a division-winner favorite just to get his way at QB. And at the age of 70, he's not going to want to spend this year on project QBs. He needs to win now.

Rausch
09-18-2012, 06:06 AM
No. This is way off as a conspiracy theory.

Romeo knows how much is at stake for him. He knows he has a really, really bad reputation as a head coach. He's not going to sabotage it by taking what was deemed to be a division-winner favorite just to get his way at QB. And at the age of 70, he's not going to want to spend this year on project QBs. He needs to win now.

I don't know what the reason is but his defense is night and day different from last year...

Aspengc8
09-18-2012, 06:24 AM
No.

Your confusing 'spread offense' with just spreading the field. NFL offenses have always taken advantage of 4 & 5WR sets to spread the field, ala air raid.

The 'spread offense' uses 3 & 4WR packages to spread the D out in order to create running lanes for the QB/RB read option.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 06:45 AM
It's all of the above but mostly the players imo. We have a whole bunch of lazy asses who could care less about winning. There is very little leadership on the field. It's time to clean house imo.

BoneKrusher
09-18-2012, 06:48 AM
they always miss the "Hey Ho, Let's Go Bus"?

the Talking Can
09-18-2012, 06:50 AM

this is really stupid, stop saying it

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 06:55 AM
Your confusing 'spread offense' with just spreading the field. NFL offenses have always taken advantage of 4 & 5WR sets to spread the field, ala air raid.

The 'spread offense' uses 3 & 4WR packages to spread the D out in order to create running lanes for the QB/RB read option.

This, kind of.

The NFL has always used sets to create favorable WR matchups.

The actual spread offense not only uses multi-WR sets but it also SPACES THE LINEMEN to create running lanes for the read option.

People always talk about spread QBs and how they can't translate to the NFL. The dirtier secret is how many spread linemen make it in the NFL. Just take a look at some of the true spread teams and how many linemen they produce.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 06:56 AM
It's all of the above but mostly the players imo. We have a whole bunch of lazy asses who could care less about winning. There is very little leadership on the field. It's time to clean house imo.

Just goes to show you can sleep off sambuca but you can't sleep off stupid.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Just goes to show you can sleep off sambuca but you can't sleep off stupid.

You don't quit where I come from. It's not OK. None of us should invest in a team that doesn't care about playing hard for us.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 07:01 AM
You don't quit where I come from. It's not OK. None of us should invest in a team that doesn't care about playing hard for us.

They're not playing for us. It may be a game but it's also their JOB. Nobody's job is enjoyable when your boss is a complete fucking failure. And when your job isn't enjoyable, you don't give 110% ever.

Get over yourself.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 07:04 AM
They're not playing for us. It may be a game but it's also their JOB. Nobody's job is enjoyable when your boss is a complete ****ing failure. And when your job isn't enjoyable, you don't give 110% ever.

Get over yourself.

The league exists because of the fans.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 07:07 AM
The league exists because of the fans.

Pioli has job security because of the fans, too.

The fans may fund the operation but that doesn't necessarily mean the bulk of them are very smart...

KCUnited
09-18-2012, 07:08 AM
Romeo is a soft bitch and Pioli is an unattentive, insecure chick, but watching Derrick Johnson's lowlights last night on Metro Sports, it looked like he was playing in his first game as a rookie. I'm not sure if he's dumb as **** and forgot how to play in a defense he's been playing in for multiple years, or just doesn't trust anyone else on the field and feels like he's got to fill every gap, but when you're the most tenured guy on defense and one of the biggest problems, it's probably hard to fill that on the field leader role.

CoMoChief
09-18-2012, 07:12 AM
I will say this team has ZERO leadership.....and the one guy that's supposed to be a leader (Cassel) sucks at his position.

In the NFL...you lead by example.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Pioli has job security because of the fans, too.

The fans may fund the operation but that doesn't necessarily mean the bulk of them are very smart...

I don't like Pioli either dude but, no one is going to give a shit if we beat the Saints this week. Pioli and Crennel's jobs are based on wins and they answer to Clark.

Your whole idea that the players are quitting because of Pioli is really out there.

Rausch
09-18-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm a Pro-Romeo guy but not showing up and not being prepared is all on the HC...

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Romeo is a soft bitch and Pioli is an unattentive, insecure chick, but watching Derrick Johnson's lowlights last night on Metro Sports, it looked like he was playing in his first game as a rookie. I'm not sure if he's dumb as **** and forgot how to play in a defense he's been playing in for multiple years, or just doesn't trust anyone else on the field and feels like he's got to fill every gap, but when you're the most tenured guy on defense and one of the biggest problems, it's probably hard to fill that on the field leader role.

People laughed at me yesterday and last week for calling DJ out. He is really killing this team. He needs to be benched at the very least. I would cut him and set the tone if it were up to me.

I'm a Pro-Romeo guy but not showing up and not being prepared is all on the HC...

The players play the game.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 07:20 AM
I don't like Pioli either dude but, no one is going to give a shit if we beat the Saints this week. Pioli and Crennel's jobs are based on wins and they answer to Clark.

Your whole idea that the players are quitting because of Pioli is really out there.

Suggesting that NFL football players are susceptible to human nature is "really out there".

ROFL

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 07:21 AM

Poor Romeo, he's so mistreated.

TEX
09-18-2012, 07:22 AM
They're not playing for us. It may be a game but it's also their JOB. Nobody's job is enjoyable when your boss is a complete ****ing failure. And when your job isn't enjoyable, you don't give 110% ever.

This statement is sooooooo true. Anyone who has experienced this situation can relate. I personally have and it sucks - and so did my job performance. The effort just isn't there under those circumstances. Change the conditions and things can change rapidly. :hmmm:

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 07:23 AM
Suggesting that NFL football players are susceptible to human nature is "really out there".

ROFL

I respect your opinion but I disagree. It's not the same.

Poor Romeo, he's so mistreated.

If Romeo doesn't stop running that stupid 2-3-6 defense, he can choke on a sandwich like Mama Cass. Why do you think anyone cares about Romeo?

I liked him but he's killing us.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 07:25 AM
This statement is sooooooo true. Anyone who has experienced this situation can relate. I certainlyt have and it sucks. The effort just isn't there under those circumstances. Change the conditions and things can change rapidly. :hmmm:

It's hilarious that the REASON given by BlackBob as to why Romeo deserved the job in the first place is the WIN OVER GREEN BAY.

That same game is THE shining example of what I'm saying. He just can't (or won't) see it.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 07:26 AM
This statement is sooooooo true. Anyone who has experienced this situation can relate. I certainlyt have and it sucks. The effort just isn't there under those circumstances. Change the conditions and things can change rapidly. :hmmm:

I am currently in that work situation and I don't believe it's the same for these guys. However, how much are these guys directly involved with Pioli? Why did guys like DJ, Flowers, and Charles take contracts FROM HIM if he's the issue? Tamba got the tag and they didn't have to stay.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 07:26 AM
If Romeo doesn't stop running that stupid 2-3-6 defense, he can choke on a sandwich like Mama Cass. Why do you think anyone cares about Romeo?

I liked him but he's killing us.

Why do I think you care about Romeo?

Because until this very post, you've literally blamed every person on the field but him.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 07:28 AM
I am currently in that work situation and I don't believe it's the same for these guys. However, how much are these guys directly involved with Pioli? Why did guys like DJ, Flowers, and Charles take contracts FROM HIM if he's the issue? Tamba got the tag and they didn't have to stay.

You gonna quit and go out and look for a job if your current employer is offering you good money (perhaps above market value even) and you get to work with your friends every day?

Again, your expectations are in-line with a child's.

Rausch
09-18-2012, 07:28 AM

They do what they're told to do...

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 07:29 AM
It's hilarious that the REASON given by BlackBob as to why Romeo deserved the job in the first place is the WIN OVER GREEN BAY.

That same game is THE shining example of what I'm saying. He just can't (or won't) see it.

That's not the reason. I would appreciate if you would quote me correctly if you choose to use my words. No hard feelings but, please keep it real.

The reason is because things turned around when we got RAC and Weis in 2010. RAC had tremendous experience and success as a DC and I really liked him. The background was good etc. When he won two out three games with at the end of last year it was a no brainer. The team really responded to the guy and we barely missed the playoffs. Green Bay was a big win but it had very little to do with why I wanted RAC to be the HC.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 07:33 AM
You gonna quit and go out and look for a job if your current employer is offering you good money (perhaps above market value even) and you get to work with your friends every day?

Again, your expectations are in-line with a child's.

Yes. If I could get a job making within 20% of what I make today I would leave. I work for an evil man and it is a hazzard work enviornment. It is bad for my health.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

They do what they're told to do...

Are they told to jog or walk to the ball? Are they told to celebrate themselves joyously when they score a TD even though they are down 17 points?

I'm sorry but I disagree. I don't think we will see this the same way guys.

Rausch
09-18-2012, 07:33 AM

Make up your mind.

Your mind.

You constantly compare Pioli to some horrid boss.
At the same time you realize the fault in your logic when it comes to our own signings.

In pretty much your own words "Why do these guys stay here if their boss is so horrible?"

Think about that...

TEX
09-18-2012, 07:36 AM

I took a job once for a lot of $$$ and was MISERABLE because of the conditions. It was the worst work experience of my life. I made a lot of $$$ and bought a lot of things (like that car in my avaitor) but the experience really sucked. When my boss got canned, my situation and others improved and so did our job performance. The folks making the decisions realized that all of us were underperforming for a reason. It was much easier to replace our boss than it was all of us because we had talent. Our boss was an idiot and his policies were shit.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Make up your mind.

Your mind.

You constantly compare Pioli to some horrid boss.
At the same time you realize the fault in your logic when it comes to our own signings.

In pretty much your own words "Why do these guys stay here if their boss is so horrible?"

Think about that...

He's not their boss. Romeo is their boss. Pioli has very little interaction with any of the players directly. It's the way it works. If he was as bad as my boss, they would have left while they could.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 07:38 AM
I took a job once for a lot of $$$ and was MISERABLE because of the conditions. It was the worst work experience of my life. I made a lot of $$$ and bought a lot of things (like that car in my avaitor) but the experience really sucked. When my boss got canned, my situation and others improved and so did our job performance. The folks making the decisions realized that all of us were underperforming for a reason. It was much easier to replace our boss than it was all of us because we had talent. Our boss was an idiot and his policies were shit.

I hear you man. I hope that happens at my work one day. One day I guy will either quit to save face. Or, the company will get sued when he slips up.

Rausch
09-18-2012, 07:41 AM
He's not their boss. Romeo is their boss. Pioli has very little interaction with any of the players directly. It's the way it works. If he was as bad as my boss, they would have left while they could.

Hunt and then Pioli ARE their boss'.

qabbaan
09-18-2012, 07:44 AM
I doubt anyone believes in Cassel anymore except Pioli.

But, I think the players aren't "showing up" because they are poorly coached and poorly prepared for the game.

Reerun_KC
09-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Is this groundhog day over and over again...

We went throught this same shit with Herm and now that we hired another career loser HC the results are the same....

beach tribe
09-18-2012, 07:50 AM
I would cut him and set the tone if it were up to me.

Holy Shit. What?? Bench him? Yeah. Cut him? You must be insane.
He needs to be motivated to maintain his responsibilities. If you think cutting him would motivate this team you are out of your mind.

Rausch
09-18-2012, 07:52 AM
I doubt anyone believes in Cassel anymore except Pioli.

But, I think the players aren't "showing up" because they are poorly coached and poorly prepared for the game.

I think it's a combination of both...

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Hunt and then Pioli ARE their boss'.

Not directly. There is a chain of command.

Holy Shit. What?? Bench him? Yeah. Cut him? You must be insane.
He needs to be motivated to maintain his responsibilities. If you think cutting him would motivate this team you are out of your mind.

He's the most inconsistant player on the roster. He got a contract because he stepped up his game. Now he looks like he doesn't give a shit. I wouldn't be doing it for motivation. I would be doing it to make us better. I am tired of the DJ roller coaster ride. We have been through this 100 times with DJ.

It would send a message. The message would be play hard or get the **** out.

Also, are you GAChiefKU?

beach tribe
09-18-2012, 07:55 AM
We looked equally as bad the first two games last season. If not worse. The D needs to get it's shit together. I think that's going to happen soon.
I may be the only one, but now that the anger of looking like complete bafoons has subsided, I still think the season is worth saving and can actually be saved, after watching Manning look like shit last night.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 07:56 AM
When he won two out three games with at the end of last year it was a no brainer. The team really responded to the guy and we barely missed the playoffs. Green Bay was a big win but it had very little to do with why I wanted RAC to be the HC.

One of the two games we won was Green Bay.

beach tribe
09-18-2012, 07:57 AM

He's the most inconsistant player on the roster. He got a contract because he stepped up his game. Now he looks like he doesn't give a shit. I wouldn't be doing it for motivation. I would be doing it to make us better. I am tired of the DJ roller coaster ride. We have been through this 100 times with DJ.

It would send a message. The message would be play hard or get the **** out.

Also, are you GAChiefKU?

It's not a lack of effort. It's all focus. Coaching is his problem right now. Cutting him would monumentally stupid. He's an all pro LB when focused, and The first two games this season are the first two that he has looked like his former self in a looong time. The guy is a monster, he just needs a good kick in the ass.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Pioli has very little interaction with any of the players directly.

He's on the field each and every day, interacting with the players. They come and talk to him in his office - at least he says they do.

You're flat wrong.

Spongeblack Bobtard
We looked equally as bad the first two games last season. If not worse. The D needs to get it's shit together. I think that's going to happen soon.
I may be the only one, but now that the anger of looking like complete bafoons has subsided, I still think the season is worth saving and can actually be saved, after watching Manning look like shit last night.

I'm just not there yet and I applaud your hope. I just want to throw it in the trash can and rebuild. I am having a hard time even liking some of our players after last week. My entire perception has changed in the last few days. These players aren't who I thought they were.

Rausch

YES!

DIRECTLY!

A player has no man to fear more than the owner or GM...

PhillyChiefFan
09-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Pioli needs to be fired, he is the common denominator. Hunt needs to find his balls and fire him, if he is AT ALL serious about winning a SB. He has had time to build this team and they are going downhill quickly. He has failed. He rode Dimitroff and BB's coat tails to a payday. Sack up, admit to the mistake and MOVE ON.

The team is uninspired and give up as soon as they are down because their QB goes fetal if a finger gets laid on him. He has chosen to start a QB who was drafted in the 7th round and has won a starting job for 2 teams: Chatsworth High School and The Kansas City Chiefs.

Next GM needs to come in, hire his own HC, collaborate to hire a quality OC and DC (quit screwing around with HC wearing mulitple hats), draft the best QB coming out of next year's class, and utilize the $30 mil caproom to sign quality young vets.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 08:01 AM
He's on the field each and every day, interacting with the players. They come and talk to him in his office - at least he says they do.

You're flat wrong.

So what are they talking about? Is he telling them how to play Mr. Conspiracy theorist?

He's their boss in a sense but he has no real influence over them. His actions mean more than his words man. He can fire them and they fear that but the roster decisions are up to Romeo.

This is basic business 101.

I see where you are coming from but this isn't worth talking about. I think you don't get it and you think I don't get it.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 08:10 AM
So what are they talking about? Is he telling them how to play Mr. Conspiracy theorist?

He's their boss in a sense but he has no real influence over them. His actions mean more than his words man. He can fire them and they fear that but the roster decisions are up to Romeo.

This is basic business 101.

I see where you are coming from but this isn't worth talking about. I think you don't get it and you think I don't get it.

You know next to nothing about how this team is structured.

The roster decisions come from Pioli. He has supreme authority for everything on the field. EVERYTHING.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 08:13 AM
You know next to nothing about how this team is structured.

The roster decisions come from Pioli. He has supreme authority for everything on the field. EVERYTHING.

How do you know? I'd like it if you would prove it. I would like to be educated on this. I'm being serious and am not being a smartass. In what way is this team run differently than the rest of the NFL?

Rausch
09-18-2012, 08:14 AM
How do you know? I'd like it if you would prove it. I would like to be educated on this. I'm being serious and am not being a smartass.

Because he's the fucking GM...

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Because he's the ****ing GM...

He provides the players. The coach decides who makes the roster and sets the depth chart. Pioli does not make the final roster decisions. He has said it.

THIS IS THE WAY IT WORKS ACROSS THE ENTIRE NFL.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 08:19 AM
How do you know? I'd like it if you would prove it. I would like to be educated on this. I'm being serious and am not being a smartass. In what way is this team run differently than the rest of the NFL?

Well, the first and plainly obvious instance is that the Chiefs are the only team in the league with a HC that is also the team's DC.

But when it comes to the structure of the team, there's a reason Romeo was hired. At his age, at this juncture of his career, he had one shot to be a head coach. And this GM conveniently needed a guy that wouldn't question any of his moves.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 08:20 AM
He provides the players. The coach decides who makes the roster and sets the depth chart. Pioli does not make the final roster decisions. He has said it.

THIS IS THE WAY IT WORKS ACROSS THE ENTIRE NFL.

The coach can't put somebody into the 2-deep that isn't on the team.

By providing the players, the GM has a direct influence on who sees the field.

tredadda
09-18-2012, 08:24 AM
As much as I am anti-Cassel, the fact that this team is playing the way they are falls on the coaching staff. They are failing to have this team ready to go.

PhillyChiefFan
09-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Well, the first and plainly obvious instance is that the Chiefs are the only team in the league with a HC that is also the team's DC.

But when it comes to the structure of the team, there's a reason Romeo was hired. At his age, at this juncture of his career, he had one shot to be a head coach. And this GM conveniently needed a guy that wouldn't question any of his moves.

Completely agree on both points. Romeo is a yes man at this point in his career.

I'm sick of the HC wearing two hats. Haley was HC/OC and how did THAT turn out??? Last time this team was competitive was when we had an HC, OC, AND a DC.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 08:29 AM

C'mon man. Is that unheard of?

Speculation

The coach can't put somebody into the 2-deep that isn't on the team.

By providing the players, the GM has a direct influence on who sees the field.

How many players were in training camp on the first day? How many are on it now? The HC decides who makes the team man. Yes, the GM provides a player pool for the HC to choose from but, he doesn't decide who makes the roster. He provides players that fit the coaches system but that's it.

I am not trying to be disrespectful. I have been asked to take it easy on some of you and tone it down but, I think you have a bit of a foggy idea of what a GM's job is and I will leave it at that.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 08:33 AM
I am not trying to be disrespectful. I have been asked to take it easy on some of you and tone it down but, I think you have a bit of a foggy idea of what a GM's job is and I will leave it at that.

You've been asked to take it easy on me?

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

beach tribe
09-18-2012, 08:56 AM
Also, are you GAChiefKU?

I'm guessing that's another User.
I don't have any mults.

beach tribe
09-18-2012, 08:57 AM
You've been asked to take it easy on me?

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Everyone knows how sensitive you are.LMAO

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm guessing that's another User.
I don't have any mults.

Thanks. I have seen that avatar before. However, it was a long time ago.

beach tribe
09-18-2012, 09:05 AM
My entire perception has changed in the last few days. These players aren't who I thought they were.

This shows weakness in your own opinions.

If you felt strongly about your evaluation of the team, it would not be able to be completely changed "in the last few days". This team is not playing up their potential so far this season.
I said to someone else before, don't be shocked to see a completely different defense by week 8. It will probably be too late by then, but it will be like night and day.
My evaluation of this roster has changed very little. The evaluation of the coaching so far, is that it has been complete dig shit, and the players cannot succeed with that being the case. I fully expect the team to improve dramatically, but like I said, It will probably be too little too late, unless the rest of the division keeps shitting the bed as well.

Richard_Cuckold
09-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Because we have the black version of Wade Phillips

lol

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 09:24 AM
This shows weakness in your own opinions.

If you felt strongly about your evaluation of the team, it would not be able to be completely changed "in the last few days". This team is not playing up their potential so far this season.
I said to someone else before, don't be shocked to see a completely different defense by week 8. It will probably be too late by then, but it will be like night and day.
My evaluation of this roster has changed very little. The evaluation of the coaching so far, is that it has been complete dig shit, and the players cannot succeed with that being the case. I fully expect the team to improve dramatically, but like I said, It will probably be too little too late, unless the rest of the division keeps shitting the bed as well.

I hear you man and understand. What I saw on Sunday took all the angst outta me. In my opinion, I saw some guys quit. The defensive formations have sucked. Romeo is screwing up. However, I've seen enough of some of the players to last a lifetime and they don't change. They are still just as inconsistant as ever.

We need to completely abandon some of these guys because we cannot make a real run with the same inconsistant players. It's not just the GM and the coach. I think that's what I saw differently. This team is overrated. Our superstars are vastly overrated for the most part. We need solid players and more talent.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 09:34 AM
I hear you man and understand. What I saw on Sunday took all the angst outta me. In my opinion, I saw some guys quit. The defensive formations have sucked. Romeo is screwing up. However, I've seen enough of some of the players to last a lifetime and they don't change. They are still just as inconsistant as ever.

We need to completely abandon some of these guys because we cannot make a real run with the same inconsistant players. It's not just the GM and the coach. I think that's what I saw differently. This team is overrated. Our superstars are vastly overrated for the most part. We need solid players and more talent.

These players have had LONG PERIODS in the past where they WERE consistent. All of them have played at a high level, some of them for multiple seasons. What has changed? The coaching.

Your logic just doesn't pass the eye test.

You've given up on the players because your expectations for the coaching were way out of whack. You're scrambling for any reason you can find to explain why things have turned out the opposite of what you expected.

This is precisely what I expected when they hired Romeo. I'm not at all surprised.

beach tribe
09-18-2012, 09:37 AM

Just on Defense: Berry is still not back to form. (will take playing time to get it back) We had a ROOKIE starting at NT.(playing time) Hali is not playing up to form. (not worried) Our replacement safeties are atrocious. Elam in particular.(pray for Lewis to return) Flowers still looks a little slowed (will take time), and DJ's head is screwed on backwards. (needs a kick in the ass)
Most of these problems will dissipate. This D will improve. You can hold me to that. The question is when.
And I guess when that happens, you're view of the team will again change completely.

beach tribe
09-18-2012, 09:39 AM
These players have had LONG PERIODS in the past where they WERE consistent. All of them have played at a high level, some of them for multiple seasons. What has changed? The coaching.

You've given up on the players because your expectations for the coaching were way out of whack. You're scrambling for any reason you can find to explain why things have turned out the opposite of what you expected.

This is precisely what I expected when they hired Romeo. I'm not at all surprised.

I subconsciously ignored the fact that Romeo would be wearing both hats, and it has bitten me in the ass.

Radar Chief
09-18-2012, 09:43 AM

Is it possible what RAC needs is an assistant head coach to handle executive duties leaving him more time to work with, scheme for, the Defense?
Just throwing it out there because they look lost, unprepared.

PGM
09-18-2012, 10:02 AM
I subconsciously ignored the fact that Romeo would be wearing both hats, and it has bitten me in the ass.

I predicted a top 5-10 defense...yeah I look like a dumbass right now.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 10:09 AM
Is it possible what RAC needs is an assistant head coach to handle executive duties leaving him more time to work with, scheme for, the Defense?
Just throwing it out there because they look lost, unprepared.

So basically, you want to hire a HEAD COACH so Romeo can concentrate on the defense? :D

Radar Chief
09-18-2012, 10:15 AM
So basically, you want to hire a HEAD COACH so Romeo can concentrate on the defense? :D

:shrug: I think heís proving he canít wear both hats.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 10:23 AM
:shrug: I think heís proving he canít wear both hats.

I was messing with you.

It was just weird. I've heard a lot of people suggest we should hire a DC and allow Romeo to concentrate on being the head coach.

You're the first to suggest we should essentially hire a head coach and allow RAC to concentrate on DC.

I find that funny because I wasn't a fan of the hire from the beginning.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 10:27 AM

No way man. I'm sorry but none of them have ever been consistant in my opinion. My expectations for the players was the same for the coaching staff. They have all disappointed me. How many times do I have to tell you.

I thought we would have a top ten defense.

I'm an idiot for thinking that. I can see it now. Crennel is a failure just like in Cleveland. He has changed his defense from the previous two years in KC and it is worse. I have been killing him for it. He has made the best player on our team irrelevent! That's the kind of shit I hated about Haley's offense. The dude is trying to put a round peg in a square hole.

I am kicking myself for ever thinking DJ had turned the corner and I bet Pioli is too. It's the same thing as Romeo. People shouldn't get second chances in pro football and that's what I have learned.

Thank the lord Pioli didn't give a contract to Bowe.

Just on Defense: Berry is still not back to form. (will take playing time to get it back) We had a ROOKIE starting at NT.(playing time) Hali is not playing up to form. (not worried) Our replacement safeties are atrocious. Elam in particular.(pray for Lewis to return) Flowers still looks a little slowed (will take time), and DJ's head is screwed on backwards. (needs a kick in the ass)
Most of these problems will dissipate. This D will improve. You can hold me to that. The question is when.
And I guess when that happens, you're view of the team will again change completely.

Man I understand where you are coming from but I see it differently.

Berry isn't being used right. This is pretty obvious. He is either in the box or playing man to man. He's never in zone coverage with the freedom to move like his rookie season. It's a total waste of talent because no one in the NFL closes on the ball carrier faster than Berry. He constantly gets caught in the wash at the line now...

I agree that the line will be better with Toribio but the line has been the one bright spot imo. The line play is fine. It's just stupid to go against Chan Gailey, "the king of running the ball," with two down linemen. What is Romeo thinking?

Safeties? The safeties are way better than last year. Elam and Daniels are serious upgrades and they are fine. Again, why are we taking d-linemen off the field to add safeties against the biggest running the football coach in the league. At Goergia Tech his nickname was "three downs and a cloud of dust Gailey."

Flowers? Flowers quit the other day. I saw him quit on a play. I don't care if he was hurt or he was slow. He ****ing quit. He is a leader on that defense. Furthermore, he's hurt every year. He either has to miss time or come out of games every single year. He is good in the running game but is a liability in man to man. When we are ahead in games, teams regularly go against Flowers in the 4th quarter. It's not just Jacoby Ford. It's alot of guys.

Lewis sucks in run support and he can't stay on the field either. He is not dependable. He makes plays but also get caught out of position. He's hurt half the time.

DJ is up and down and all over the place. He needs a kick in the ass almost every season. One week he's good. The next week he's ok. He takes bad angles and misses tackles. He is blowing coverages right and left. He doesn't seem to understand the playbook and this is his third year in RACs system. He was paid to lead the defense and was voted captain. What the hell is wrong with him?

All of these guys are inconsistant. It's time to rebuild imo.

Pioli gave contracts to INCONSISTANT players after preaching consistancy for years. **** these guys. I am done blowing smoke up their asses.

Radar Chief
09-18-2012, 10:29 AM
I was messing with you.

It was just weird. I've heard a lot of people suggest we should hire a DC and allow Romeo to concentrate on being the head coach.

You're the first to suggest we should essentially hire a head coach and allow RAC to concentrate on DC.

I find that funny because I wasn't a fan of the hire from the beginning.

So youíre saying Iím not following the herd. :thumb:
RAC has proven he can be a good DC but I have yet to see the proof that he can be a good HC.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 10:32 AM
So youíre saying Iím not following the herd. :thumb:
RAC has proven he can be a good DC but I have yet to see the proof that he can be a good HC.

He's following the Herd alright... the Colin Cowherd...

Reerun_KC
09-18-2012, 10:33 AM

http://media.cleveland.com/browns_impact/photo/10345931-large.jpg

/Thread

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 11:46 AM

Same inconsistant players. Brand new coach. Wasn't it you who thought we would hear this quote below from Romeo on Sunday or Monday?

“We did play better in the second half and maybe that’s a good sign’’

Derrick Johnson

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/16/3818243/chiefs-look-for-answers.html#storylink=cpy

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Same inconsistant players. Brand new coach. Wasn't it you who thought we would hear this quote below from Romeo on Sunday or Monday?

This thread was dead for over an hour.

You just can't let it go, can you?

PGM
09-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Can we send him back to WPI??

Micjones
09-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Stems from leadership I think.
It was startling to me that Crennel said the team prepared well the week of Game 2.
They were ANYTHING but prepared. Almost makes me wonder if he really knows what it takes for a team to prepare week in and week out.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Stems from leadership I think.
It was startling to me that Crennel said the team prepared well the week of Game 2.
They were ANYTHING but prepared. Almost makes me wonder if he really knows what it takes for a team to prepare week in and week out.

Yep.

It's starting to remind me of Gunther.

Micjones
09-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Yep.

It's starting to remind me of Gunther.

My heart sank when I heard that in the presser.
Of ALL things to call this team. Prepared certainly isn't a word I would use.

Crennel seems like a great guy, but this game may have passed him by.

whoman69
09-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Different coach, same result. Its not the coach, its the players. Mainly its on Cassel. There is also a lack of depth which is inexcusable given our cap space. I think on defense the biggest problem is an inability to play the pass in base defense and defend the run with our sub packages. Every team out there knows we have four players that will disappear in pass defense. That tells me our players are too specialized.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Different coach, same result. Its not the coach, its the players. Mainly its on Cassel. There is also a lack of depth which is inexcusable given our cap space. I think on defense the biggest problem is an inability to play the pass in base defense and defend the run with our sub packages. Every team out there knows we have four players that will disappear in pass defense. That tells me our players are too specialized.

I agree and The leadership on the field is the biggest issue imo.

I don't like Crennel's defense.

I don't like Pioli.

but this is on the players.... It's the same inconsistant players in leadership roles.

This thread was dead for over an hour.

You just can't let it go, can you?

I went to lunch. Who made you thread boss?

beach tribe
09-18-2012, 12:26 PM
No way man. I'm sorry but none of them have ever been consistant in my opinion. My expectations for the players was the same for the coaching staff. They have all disappointed me. How many times do I have to tell you.

I thought we would have a top ten defense.

I'm an idiot for thinking that. I can see it now. Crennel is a failure just like in Cleveland. He has changed his defense from the previous two years in KC and it is worse. I have been killing him for it. He has made the best player on our team irrelevent! That's the kind of shit I hated about Haley's offense. The dude is trying to put a round peg in a square hole.

I am kicking myself for ever thinking DJ had turned the corner and I bet Pioli is too. It's the same thing as Romeo. People shouldn't get second chances in pro football and that's what I have learned.

Thank the lord Pioli didn't give a contract to Bowe.

Man I understand where you are coming from but I see it differently.

Berry isn't being used right. This is pretty obvious. He is either in the box or playing man to man. He's never in zone coverage with the freedom to move like his rookie season. It's a total waste of talent because no one in the NFL closes on the ball carrier faster than Berry. He constantly gets caught in the wash at the line now...

I agree that the line will be better with Toribio but the line has been the one bright spot imo. The line play is fine. It's just stupid to go against Chan Gailey, "the king of running the ball," with two down linemen. What is Romeo thinking?

Safeties? The safeties are way better than last year. Elam and Daniels are serious upgrades and they are fine. Again, why are we taking d-linemen off the field to add safeties against the biggest running the football coach in the league. At Goergia Tech his nickname was "three downs and a cloud of dust Gailey."

Flowers? Flowers quit the other day. I saw him quit on a play. I don't care if he was hurt or he was slow. He ****ing quit. He is a leader on that defense. Furthermore, he's hurt every year. He either has to miss time or come out of games every single year. He is good in the running game but is a liability in man to man. When we are ahead in games, teams regularly go against Flowers in the 4th quarter. It's not just Jacoby Ford. It's alot of guys.

Lewis sucks in run support and he can't stay on the field either. He is not dependable. He makes plays but also get caught out of position. He's hurt half the time.

DJ is up and down and all over the place. He needs a kick in the ass almost every season. One week he's good. The next week he's ok. He takes bad angles and misses tackles. He is blowing coverages right and left. He doesn't seem to understand the playbook and this is his third year in RACs system. He was paid to lead the defense and was voted captain. What the hell is wrong with him?

All of these guys are inconsistant. It's time to rebuild imo.

Pioli gave contracts to INCONSISTANT players after preaching consistancy for years. **** these guys. I am done blowing smoke up their asses.
If you thought we were a top 10, and now you want a complete rebuild after the first two weeks of the season, then if they do improve, you'll be talking POs. You're a week to week guy, and you're disgusted right now, as we all are. We looked HORRIBLE the first two weeks last year, and the D pulled themselves together. I expect the same thing to happen this year. I just don't know how much of a difference is gonna make in the grand scheme of things. As for DJ. He was damn consistent last season. He was awesome. Once he gets his head on right, you'll know how silly suggesting cutting the guy is.

beach tribe
09-18-2012, 12:31 PM
89-10. last season

That's how bad we were outscored last season, and ended up 7-9. And almost won the division without our best players.

75-41 this season.
There's no reason to think there won't be a similar increase in performance this season.
I'm sure last year everyone wanted to completely blow up the D. That wasn't the case later in the season.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 12:39 PM
I will be happy if we start winning but, I am getting tired of the same old product on the field. It's like that movie Groundhog Day.

In all seriousness though, I am not second guessing myself about some of these players. I really want to trim the fat. I have been here before with DJ and Bowe. Also, Flowers is no on my shitlist for quitting.

We need better than these guys.

Chocolate Hog
09-18-2012, 12:39 PM
89-10. last season

That's how bad we were outscored last season, and ended up 7-9. And almost won the division without our best players.

75-41 this season.
There's no reason to think there won't be a similar increase in performance this season.
I'm sure last year everyone wanted to completely blow up the D. That wasn't the case later in the season.

LOL! The difference is we played shitty teams after the 0-3 start. No luck this time and 7-9 is pathetic what you didn't mention is last years team overall got outscored by 90+ points.

Micjones
09-18-2012, 12:43 PM
89-10. last season

75-41 this season.

This team has more talent. Shouldn't we have seen an improvement in the start to the 2012 campaign?

beach tribe
09-18-2012, 12:46 PM
This team has more talent. Shouldn't we have seen an improvement in the start to the 2012 campaign?

Absolutely should have. Plus no training camp last year. There's no excuse for this shit, and EVERYONE is to blame. That doesn't mean it's beyond repair..

Micjones
09-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Absolutely should have. Plus no training camp last year. There's no excuse for this shit, and EVERYONE is to blame. That doesn't mean it's beyond repair..

It can be repaired. Will it though?
This team doesn't seem to have the same kind of mental toughness.
There's alot of quit in them so far.

Last year's team didn't give up so easily.

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 12:51 PM
I went to lunch. Who made you thread boss?

I'm not suggesting you don't have a right to post.

I'm suggesting you had a chance to let this thing quietly die and instead you bumped it back to the top so everybody could continue to see your "genius" on display.

FAX
09-18-2012, 12:53 PM
It can be repaired. Will it though?
This team doesn't seem to have the same kind of mental toughness.
There's alot of quit in them so far.

Last year's team didn't give up so easily.

I'm less worried about the "quit" than I am about the "start". I don't really see any "start" in these guys ... particularly on defense.

We have two entirely separate problems on the field. The defense has talent, but seem to lack intensity, will, desire, whatever you want to call it. The offense appears to have the desire, but lacks talent at the core position of QB.

I thought the defense was more-or-less fixed last year. It's incredible and shocking to realize that we're playing defense WORSE than we did at any point last year. How is that possible? It can't be all on the players. It simply can't be. It has to be coaching priorities that have created this mess.

FAX

FAX
09-18-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm not suggesting you don't have a right to post.

I'm suggesting you had a chance to let this thing quietly die and instead you bumped it back to the top so everybody could continue to see your "genius" on display.

Actually, I'd like to suggest that.

FAX

CoMoChief
09-18-2012, 01:10 PM

No.