PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

SNR
09-18-2012, 10:07 AM
NEW THREAD HEADER (11/17/12):

The list is gone. We will all be Geno Smith fans when he gets drafted by the Chiefs. For historical documentation's sake, I'll keep the list in a separate post on this thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9126969&postcount=3314

WHY GENO SMITH?
If you're wondering if Geno Smith is right for you, check out this brilliant post by Saccopoo:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9217126&postcount=5388

Next, we have a few GIFs you may be interested in from the Oklahoma game. Insane potential. These are the elite throws that very few QBs can make. What more can I say? Geno Smith can be a franchise QB in the NFL, and the Chiefs need to take a shot on him.

GIF #1:
http://i.imgur.com/m00lr.gif

GIF #2:
http://i.imgur.com/hOPew.gif

GIF #3 (My favorite):
http://i.imgur.com/mSm0b.gif

HOW DO WE GET HIM HERE?

Glad you asked. I posted this checklist earlier. It probably belongs in the thread header, and will be updated as the Chiefs close out their season and start a new chapter in their franchise story.

Preparing for Geno Smith's Arrival In KC Checklist

1. [X] Lose games and acquire the #1 overall pick
2. [X] Get Pioli and the Patriot Way cronies the fuck out
3. [X] Hire new GM/coach

OPTIONAL (but highly recommended):
4. [ ] Re-sign/tag Bowe, who really wants to play in KC with Geno
5. [ ] Re-sign/tag Albert

Brock
09-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Can we beat the Raiders to him? I'm not so sure.

lcarus
09-18-2012, 10:09 AM
Im on board

LOCOChief
I'm in.

Spongeblack Bobtard
He's my favorite right now but it's still too early to say. He has a whole lot to prove imo. mechanics, ability and size aren't everything. We need a leader first and foremost. We need a guy who can carry the team when they need it. We need to get this pick right bigtime.

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2012, 10:11 AM
I need to watch him play some more. I saw him 1 year and 2 years ago. His numbers look great, but need to watch to see if those are all bubble-screen, high percentage throws in space (along with some bombs) or if he's making solid throws into tight coverage.

the Talking Can
09-18-2012, 10:11 AM
we have to lose, we have to draft him

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 10:13 AM
I need to watch him play some more. I saw him 1 year and 2 years ago. His numbers look great, but need to watch to see if those are all bubble-screen, high percentage throws in space (along with some bombs) or if he's making solid throws into tight coverage.

That was the problem with Cousins last year. The numbers didn't match the talent. There was alot of stat padding with Cousins.

beach tribe
09-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Right here.

beach tribe
09-18-2012, 10:15 AM
My knowledge of him is admittedly limited, but I've liked what I have seen, and I want a Fn QB so sign me up.

Chiefnj2
09-18-2012, 10:16 AM
He'll play 4 ranked teams in October/early November. In his two games this year he is just padding his numbers against inferior competition.

Play someone real like Barkley and Bray just did and you'll get a better picture.

So far, he might be the best out of a severely flawed QB draft class.

ILChief
09-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Wilson is still my pick but geno is growing on me

Dicky McElephant
09-18-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm in.

It's time.

Fat Elvis
09-18-2012, 10:20 AM
A guy who has as many TDs as incomplete passes? I'm in.

SNR
09-18-2012, 10:25 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qvrXu9Fsvpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCrockaholic
09-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Count me in!

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Hey, nobody told me when I got into this that there would be FREE PIZZA ROLLS!

Bonus!

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2012, 10:30 AM
I would still rather have Barkley.

Fritz88
09-18-2012, 10:31 AM
if he can puts 4+ pts on my jayhwaks thn i wil no 4 sure he good.

WV
09-18-2012, 10:34 AM
First of all....obviously I'm on board! :thumb:

To answer this, so far Geno has been awesome in the areas you're mentioning. He has made some spectacular throws in his two games this year, but I will relent that he has yet to play a stellar defense.

I haven't been completely on board with Smith until this year. Like I said in another thread, it just looks like something has clicked for him this year and in a good way.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 10:36 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qvrXu9Fsvpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does he only run the spread? He's not really a scrambler either is he? I know that was last year's tape but, he's staring guys down, overthrowing people, and making bad reads. He rarely hits people in stride either. Especially on down field throws. His passes are bad when he tries to hit someone in stride. On short routes the WRs almost have to stop. That's the biggest thing I saw. I know it's just one game but he doesn't really look like a first round pick in that video.

I like him though. I like him better than Barkley and Landry.

Urc Burry
09-18-2012, 10:37 AM
I haven't seen a whole lot of him, but from what I have seen his arm strength seemed pretty average I thought

Chiefnj2
09-18-2012, 10:41 AM
It's always amazing to see the Planet's maturation. 3 years ago a "draft Geno Smith" post would have resulted in "he only operates out of the shotgun", "he's a spread monkey" [non-racial use], etc.

For anyone interested here is an extremely detailed breakdown of the WV offense so you too can pretend to have watched every Geno Smith game since he arrived at Milan Puskar Stadium.

http://smartfootball.com/offense/dana-holgorsens-brand-of-the-west-virginia-airraid-offense

Detoxing
09-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Sign me up.

Hell, might as well just sign up the entire board, there really isn't a better prospect out there right now.

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2012, 10:44 AM

To answer this, so far Geno has been awesome in the areas you're mentioning. He has made some spectacular throws in his two games this year, but I will relent that he has yet to play a stellar defense.

I haven't been completely on board with Smith until this year. Like I said in another thread, it just looks like something has clicked for him this year and in a good way.

Good. Like I said, I haven't watched him play yet this year. I haven't been impressed in 2012 with Barkley or Bray. It would have been nice to have seen Wilson play against Bama last week... but that didn't happen.

WV
Marshall Highlights. He makes some nice throws in this game and has deceptive speed. He is a long strider when he pulls it down. And his arm strength is pretty good IMO.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZyZ4TCpD-g8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Highlights from both games...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X-hImksFm-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spongeblack Bobtard
Sign me up.

Hell, might as well just sign up the entire board, there really isn't a better prospect out there right now.

Yet.... No one knew who Cam Newton was at this time two years ago.

Cave Johnson
09-18-2012, 10:45 AM
He's no RG3....

Pasta Giant Meatball
Sure, why not?

Pasta Giant Meatball
Move him to reciever/dumbasses

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2012, 10:46 AM

I knew who Cam Newton was 5 years ago.

KC native
09-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Put me down for Geno Smith. Barkley has bust written all over him. Fuck USC.

pr_capone
09-18-2012, 10:48 AM
IN

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 10:48 AM
I knew who Cam Newton was 5 years ago.

Well, no one but you LMAO

You know what I meant.

Dicky McElephant
09-18-2012, 10:49 AM

That's a bold fucking statement.

Fish
Permission to come aboard Sir!

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/2874/6527cutesalutesexysailo.jpg

Detoxing
Put me down for Geno Smith. Barkley has bust written all over him. **** USC.

I don't see bust. I think he'll be a good QB in the NFL.

BoneKrusher
09-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Here

KC native
09-18-2012, 10:52 AM

Andy Dalton did the same thing for TCU. Based on his junior year, I would have said noway he goes pro. His senior year was lights out though and i knew he would be drafted.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 10:55 AM
That's a bold ****ing statement.

Originally Posted by Detoxing
Sign me up.

Hell, might as well just sign up the entire board, there really isn't a better prospect out there YET.

Is that better? I think maybe you misunderstood me.

I guess my point is that there are still alot of games to be played and I haven't seen enough to make a judgement. No brainers like Andrew Luck are rare #1 picks imo.

Chiefnj2
09-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Being a Chief fan and falling in love with a QB, especially a particular QB is the dumbest thing you can do. Ain't going to happen.

KC native
09-18-2012, 10:56 AM
I don't see bust. I think he'll be a good QB in the NFL.

USC is a QB bust factory.

Setsuna
09-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Smoke and mirrors. Didn't he get raped by LSU last year or something like that?

Chiefnj2
09-18-2012, 11:02 AM

Not at all.

jd1020
09-18-2012, 11:07 AM

People say that he was good against LSU. I didn't see it. He threw for 463 yards, but he also threw the ball 65 times. He had a couple of pretty good plays during the game and ended up with 2(?) INTs, but probably should have had like 5 INTs. If you ignore the fact that he threw for 463 yards, because of how many times he threw the ball, it was statistically one of his worst games.

Gravedigger
09-18-2012, 11:11 AM
After watching a 2011 highlight video and his play against LSU last year I have a few thoughts:

His ability to avoid the defense and create space in the pocket is pretty awesome. He can flush out and hit guys on the run with pretty efficient accuracy.

He has a really quick release, which is good and bad at the same time. By releasing the ball so quickly you can get it to your wide receivers to make the YAC more easily, but you can also throw it too far because your being asked to predict how fast your receiver is and if he even has an open route to the destination, ie isn't going to get held up at the line and pressed. Some passes were really far out in front of his receivers and others were either right on the money or else lucky he didn't get picked.

I think doing the Cam Newton, RG3 comparison is dangerous ground because we shouldn't be drafting a QB because QB's like him in play style have emerged the last two years because this guy could flame out. In picking a new QB it's all about luck, you don't know if you're going to get a good QB in the first round or a Ryan Leaf. I say if he's there or if he's attainable you jump up to get him if that's your guy. I'll definitely keep my eye on him this year though now that WV is in the Big 12 but I want to see how he performs in likely his last year before he declares for the draft, especially in the big games.

lcarus
09-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Sign me up.

Exactly. Hell I'm just so beyond ready to draft a 1st round QB, I don't really care who it is. I know that's not a healthy train of thought, but at this point I'm on the "any rookie QB has more potential than Cassel" train. :shrug:

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 11:16 AM

You mean when he faced a LSU defense loaded with first rounders and rung up 463 yards on them? With guys draped all over him the whole game. Go watch that game again. WV was totally outmanned, and he did force some throws, but he never let up once.

Smoke and mirrors my ass.

Geno Smith is totally legit. Impeccable form, great pocket presence, a film room junkie, amazing accuracy and never lets off the gas. A fabulous pocket passer with the athletic ability to effectively scramble when needed. He's got a very good arm and isn't afraid to air it out. Hits guys in stride deep even while effectively covered. The guy is a natural with no flaws in his game. Former HS Army All-American.

His sophomore year (the first year he started) was very good. His junior year was absolutely terrific. His senior year is on pace to be the stuff of legends.

As a pro prospect, I like him as much as Luck last year.

Yeah, I'm all in.

suds79
09-18-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't know if he's #1 on my board (honestly I haven't seen enough of him yet) but at this point I don't care who the Chiefs take.

There's going to be a lot of 1st round QBs this year. Just take one of them.

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Oh, and the Chiefs can also hire Dana Holgorsen for head coach in 2013. Guy has now twice (OSU and WV) proven his offensive play/style works.

I'm sick of "tree" guys playing 1970's football.

It's time to get this shit into the modern era.

DJ's left nut
09-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Lots of guys have been cropping up with Geno Smith avatars and sigs. Sac has posted videos, pictures, and glowing reports in the past couple days. You got guys like DJs Left Nut and me who have been touting this kid since last year's draft and before.

This kid will be the true #1 overall pick by the 2013 draft, I think. And I hope we're able to put ourselves in a position to go get him if we don't lose enough games by ourselves. Barkley has problems. Wilson has a leaky vagina. Bray and Murray are juniors who won't declare. Logan Thomas... HA! Don't even try.

Smith is the way, folks. You may as well recognize that now.

Sign in on this thread and I'll put you on this list to form the Legion of Smith. Post a comment on my webzone and I'll e-mail you a pizza roll.

Roll call:
SNR
Saccopoo
htismaqe
DJs Left Nut
lcarus
LOCOChief
the Talking Can
beach tribe
Pestilence
Fat Elvis

We're driving this goddamn bus and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8585393&postcount=7

Reaper16
09-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Sure. Why not?

Bump
09-18-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm in

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Oh, and the Chiefs can also hire Dana Holgorsen for head coach in 2013. Guy has now twice (OSU and WV) proven his offensive play/style works.

I'm sick of "tree" guys playing 1970's football.

It's time to get this shit into the modern era.

:bravo: :hail:

Thig Lyfe
09-18-2012, 11:26 AM
I'm in. Big, athletic quarterbacks who can run well but think like a traditional pocket quarterback are all the rage. Also, he's not Matt Cassel.

siberian khatru
09-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Sure. Why not?

Kinda my feeling. Keep drafting one till you find the right one.

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Oh, and the Chiefs can also hire Dana Holgorsen for head coach in 2013.

No.

saphojunkie
09-18-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm intrigued, but truthfully it IS a lot of bubble screens and high-percentage passes. He has a touch of happy feet sometimes against the rush and backpedals when he should be stepping up.

When his feet are planted, he has a great arm and delivery. I have no idea how to evaluate his decision making. That offense is such a college system that it will take legit scouting to determine if he can translate to the pro game.

Reaper16
09-18-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm intrigued, but truthfully it IS a lot of bubble screens and high-percentage passes. He has a touch of happy feet sometimes against the rush and backpedals when he should be stepping up.

When his feet are planted, he has a great arm and delivery. I have no idea how to evaluate his decision making. That offense is such a college system that it will take legit scouting to determine if he can translate to the pro game.

I'm at the point where I'm slowly giving up on my traditional beliefs about college system QBs translating to the NFL. If Russell Wilson can immediately start for an NFL team then all bets are off.

Chiefnj2
09-18-2012, 11:31 AM
April 25, 2013:

Goodell: And with the first pick in the 2013 NFL draft the Kanas City Chiefs select Sam Montgomery, LB LSU.

48 Hours later:
ChiefsPlanet: "It's okay we need a better LB", "He was a top 5 pick on everyone's draft chart", "We can sign Clausen"...

mcaj22
09-18-2012, 11:32 AM
geno smith in a chiefs uniform is my wet dream

jd1020
09-18-2012, 11:32 AM
April 25, 2013:

Goodell: And with the first pick in the 2013 NFL draft the Kanas City Chiefs select Sam Montgomery, LB LSU.

48 Hours later:
ChiefsPlanet: "It's okay we need a better LB", "He was a top 5 pick on everyone's draft chart", "We can sign Clausen"...

If the Chiefs end up, or trade up, with the #1 pick and don't pick a QB, there won't be a 24 hours later. This team and city will have exploded.

MIAdragon
09-18-2012, 11:34 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

Nightfyre
09-18-2012, 11:34 AM
His performance in last years lsu game was damn impressive. I want to see him in more tough games this year before declaring him the number one qb, though.

suds79
09-18-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm intrigued, but truthfully it IS a lot of bubble screens and high-percentage passes.

That offense is such a college system that it will take legit scouting to determine if he can translate to the pro game.

I think what's interesting is that what you mentioned is common in the spread system.

But guess what... The spread is in fully effect in the NFL with several teams running it. It's as friendly of a QB system there is and it's a QB league. So why not adopt it.

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm at the point where I'm slowly giving up on my traditional beliefs about college system QBs translating to the NFL. If Russell Wilson can immediately start for an NFL team then all bets are off.

Smith was good before Holgorsen showed up at West Virginia. Holgorsen's offense does put a shit ton of numbers up, but Smith is good enough to play in it and rack up video game stats.

And DaKC, yes to Holgorsen. Woody Hayes has been dead a long time. I'll take a guy like Urban Meyer or Holgorsen who are basically re-inventing the game. (And Holgorsen's offense is almost a 50/50 run/pass system, so it's not like he's just popping short bubble screens all day long. Go watch Smith/WV. He airs it out. A lot.)

BigMeatballDave
09-18-2012, 11:44 AM
In

shitgoose
09-18-2012, 11:46 AM
In but I would bet a dollar to a dime that we end up with somebody like Te'o or another DT/DE

SNR
09-18-2012, 11:46 AM
I see a lot of, "In, but whatever, don't care"s

IF U NOT WITH US U AGAINST US WE RIDE TOGETHER WE DIE TOGETHER

Brock
09-18-2012, 11:47 AM
April 25, 2013:

48 Hours later:

"There's better QBs next year anyway"

htismaqe
09-18-2012, 11:48 AM

Same here.

DJ's left nut
09-18-2012, 11:48 AM
April 25, 2013:

48 Hours later:

You forgot: "Hey, Jovan Belcher's an Unrestricted Free Agent and we're going to need to keep that cap space to extend Javier Arenas. This guy should do a nice job of replacing him"

Zeke
09-18-2012, 11:50 AM
GE-NO GE-NO GE-NO

DJ's left nut
09-18-2012, 11:52 AM
I see a lot of, "In, but whatever, don't care"s

IF U NOT WITH US U AGAINST US WE RIDE TOGETHER WE DIE TOGETHER

Hey - you're the one putting these wishy washy sonsabitches on the roll call list.

!@#$ 'em - It's Geno or bust.

Phase one: Hire Dana Hologorson
Phase two: Draft Geno Smith
Phase three: Profit.

allen_kcCard
09-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Bust or not, I'd rather take a risk on a guy like this and go 0-16 than go 8-8 with Cassel at this point. At least then I can know we tried to break the cycle.

bevischief
09-18-2012, 11:53 AM
I made it a point last year to read a lot of you guys thoughts on the drafts prospects last year and liked what I read so with the ones heading this thing I have no choice but to agree I am in. I will continue to keep reading your guys thoughts this year as well.

Inmem58
09-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Sign me up.

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2012, 11:55 AM
And DaKC, yes to Holgorsen. Woody Hayes has been dead a long time. I'll take a guy like Urban Meyer or Holgorsen who are basically re-inventing the game. (And Holgorsen's offense is almost a 50/50 run/pass system, so it's not like he's just popping short bubble screens all day long. Go watch Smith/WV. He airs it out. A lot.)

No. You want to bring in Holgorsen as an OC, fine. HC - No.

I don't want some guy who has never had any position in the NFL - ever. Coaching college kids is not the same as coaching grown men. Unless you've been with the NFL in some capacity I don't see you getting the respect of the locker room. Remind me again, how many college coaches with no previous NFL experience - ever - have gone on to success as NFL HC's?

saphojunkie
09-18-2012, 11:57 AM
I think what's interesting is that what you mentioned is common in the spread system.

But guess what... The spread is in fully effect in the NFL with several teams running it. It's as friendly of a QB system there is and it's a QB league. So why not adopt it.

Not the pistol.

I'm not saying the guy isn't good or won't be good or anything of that nature.

We'll see.

-King-
09-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Have you guys seen the 2018 Qb class?!?!?
Posted via Mobile Device

Zeke
09-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Have you guys seen the 2018 Qb class?!?!?
Posted via Mobile Device

seen them? Hell I babysit a couple of them... kids are gamers.

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Hey - you're the one putting these wishy washy sonsabitches on the roll call list.

!@#$ 'em - It's Geno or bust.

Phase one: Hire Dana Hologorson
Phase two: Draft Geno Smith
Phase three: Profit.

Money.

Like this level money.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/money-currencies/0009.gif

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 12:06 PM
No. You want to bring in Holgorsen as an OC, fine. HC - No.

I don't want some guy who has never had any position in the NFL - ever. Coaching college kids is not the same as coaching grown men. Unless you've been with the NFL in some capacity I don't see you getting the respect of the locker room. Remind me again, how many college coaches with no previous NFL experience - ever - have gone on to success as NFL HC's?

My new saying:

"The tree can suck me."

saphojunkie
09-18-2012, 12:09 PM
"There's better QBs next year anyway"

Sometimes it's true.

2009:

Matt Stafford*+
Mark Sanchez*#
Josh Freeman*
Pat White
Rhett Bomar
Steven McGee
Mike Neel
Curtis Painter

2010:

Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow*#
Mike Kafka
Jimmy Clausen
Colt McCoy
John Skelton
Jonathan Crompton
Rusty Smith
Dan LeFevour

2011:

Cam Newton+
Jake Locker
Christian Ponder
Andy Dalton*+
Blaine Gabbert
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Mallet
Ricky Stanzi @
TJ Yates*#

2012:

Andrew Luck
RG3
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
Russel Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Brock Osweiler
Nick Foles

Clearly some years are better than others. This appears to be a down year. It doesn't mean there isn't a guy who will be very successful,
but I'm not convinced the top-end talent is there the way it is in some years.

* - started playoff game
# - won playoff game
+ - made probowl
@ - sucks sweaty mule balls

(left out a significant number of drafted QB, because there was no point in listing them.)

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2012, 12:10 PM
My new saying:

"The tree can suck me."

Saying "No" to Holgorsen is not equivalent to saying "Yes" to the tree.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-18-2012, 12:12 PM
*Pushes chips all in*

Brock
09-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Sometimes it's true.

Give me a break. People said this THIS YEAR.

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Saying "No" to Holgorsen is not equivalent to saying "Yes" to the tree.

I don't care if he hasn't coached in the NFL or not.

He gets the most out of his players and is one of, if not the, most innovative offensive minds in football right now regardless of the level.

Hire him as offensive coordinator in 2013.

Then he can be head coach in 2014.

Is that okay?

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 12:22 PM

Wisconsin runs a pro style offense. It's not a college offense.

The knock on Wilson was his height. However, his leadership is what bumped him two rounds. The thing is that Carroll made a connection that no one else did... He looked at the o-linemen from Wisconsin. Every year they put out good o-linemen and Wilson played behind them. Wisconsin's o-line might as well have a been a pro o-line...

Not the pistol.

I'm not saying the guy isn't good or won't be good or anything of that nature.

We'll see.

Exactly... It's way to early to tell.

Molitoth
09-18-2012, 12:39 PM
This thread needs highlights.

WV
09-18-2012, 12:44 PM
This thread needs highlights.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8924497&postcount=26

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2012, 12:53 PM
I don't care if he hasn't coached in the NFL or not.

He gets the most out of his players and is one of, if not the, most innovative offensive minds in football right now regardless of the level.

Hire him as offensive coordinator in 2013.

Then he can be head coach in 2014.

Is that okay?

Great, so you want to hire Bobby Petrino as HC of your NFL team. No thanks.

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Great, so you want to hire Bobby Petrino as HC of your NFL team. No thanks.

No, I want Dana Holgorsen.

And this guy:

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c1910342/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/Geno-Smith2.jpg

WV
09-18-2012, 01:01 PM
No, I want Dana Holgorsen.

And this guy:

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c1910342/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/Geno-Smith2.jpg

I'm all for Geno, but don't think Dana has cut his teeth enough for a NFL Coaching gig. Plus he doesn't exactly have a squeaky clean personal track record and that won't help.

Micjones
09-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Count me in.

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm all for Geno, but don't think Dana has cut his teeth enough for a NFL Coaching gig. Plus he doesn't exactly have a squeaky clean personal track record and that won't help.

2012 Orange Bowl blowout victory in his first year as head coach of the Mountaineers.

We'll see how he does this year in the Big 12, but his offensive track record is nothing short of remarkable and he's already shown that he can carve up this conference as an offensive coordinator.

He's young, he's insanely innovative and his guys play hard for him. That he hasn't coached in the NFL isn't a negative in my eyes. Actually, it's a positive. I'm tired of the same shitty retreads getting the jobs when they've already proven that they suck or are mediocre at best. It's time for some new blood.

KC Tattoo
09-18-2012, 01:14 PM

The big question is..

Can he make a Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shit?

If so then count me in. If not then we need to find such QB.

WV
09-18-2012, 01:16 PM
That he hasn't coached in the NFL isn't a negative in my eyes. Actually, it's a positive. I'm tired of the same shitty retreads getting the jobs when they've already proven that they suck or are mediocre at best. It's time for some new blood.

I completely agree here, but I'm not sure Dana has a large enough sample being in charge to fully evaluate his NFL Coaching ability. That is my only point.

KC_Lee
09-18-2012, 01:24 PM
April 25, 2013:

I'll do you one better;

Goodell: The Kansas City Chiefs have traded thier first round pick to NE for thier first rounf pick, a fourth round pick and Ryan Mallet.

A few hours later....

Goodell: With thier first round pick...the Kansas City Chiefs have drafted <FILL IN LINEMAN NAME, DL or OL, HERE>

Meltdown ensues.

Blick
09-18-2012, 01:31 PM
All in for Geno. Kid is a stud.

Would take Holgorsen as well.

Chief_For_Life58
09-18-2012, 01:32 PM
I WANT GENO!!!!!!

Chief_For_Life58
09-18-2012, 01:35 PM
We'll know how good he is when he plays texas d and ou. I have wv winning the big12 so im still sticking to him. I WANT GENO!!!

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 01:40 PM
I completely agree here, but I'm not sure Dana has a large enough sample being in charge to fully evaluate his NFL Coaching ability. That is my only point.

You are probably correct, but the situation reminds me of Urban Meyer while at Utah. Guy was cutting edge and you could see he had it. The body of experience wasn't there, but you knew that this guy could coach. I see the same thing in Holgorsen at the same stage.

If you let him go too long, one of the bigs are going to make an offer that is better than what he'll ever see in the NFL and he'll entrench himself in the college system as Meyer has done.

Saul Good
09-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Sometimes it's true.

2009:

Mark Sanchez*#
Josh Freeman*
Pat White
Rhett Bomar
Steven McGee
Mike Neel
Curtis Painter

2010:

Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow*#
Mike Kafka
Jimmy Clausen
Colt McCoy
John Skelton
Jonathan Crompton
Rusty Smith
Dan LeFevour

2011:

Cam Newton+
Jake Locker
Christian Ponder
Andy Dalton*+
Blaine Gabbert
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Mallet
Ricky Stanzi @
TJ Yates*#

2012:

Andrew Luck
RG3
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
Russel Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Brock Osweiler
Nick Foles

Clearly some years are better than others. This appears to be a down year. It doesn't mean there isn't a guy who will be very successful,

* - started playoff game
# - won playoff game
+ - made probowl

(left out a significant number of drafted QB, because there was no point in listing them.)

Was there no point in listing Matt Stafford?

Mr. Arrowhead
09-18-2012, 02:00 PM
I would be thrilled with Geno, Wilson, or Barkley

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Sure, why not.

Chief_For_Life58
09-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Sure, why not.

you dont sound too excited

evolve27
09-18-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm in! Geno Smith with our first pick!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2012, 02:20 PM
you dont sound too excited

I am, but the Chiefs are draining the life from me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2012, 02:21 PM
ABC

Anyone but Casshole.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 02:22 PM
I got a bad feeling about this thread. Seems like we are jinxing the guy. The season just started...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2012, 02:25 PM
I got a bad feeling about this thread. Seems like we are jinxing the guy. The season just started...

That would be the ol' Chiefs Magic at work!

Feel the power!

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 02:29 PM

Feel the power!

LOL LMAO

Today is the first time I have really watched the guy. I have alot of concerns. Watch the tape against James Madison. His footwork is awful and he hops around like a bunny. The play action is awful. He is going to need alot of work. I fear this is going to be a bad class for QBs. If we got Smith, I don't think he would be starting for a while unless he changes dramatically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EyPqRRVcRs

L.A. Chieffan
09-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Meh

saphojunkie
09-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Was there no point in listing Matt Stafford?

Whoops.

L.A. Chieffan
09-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Sometimes it's true.

2009:

Mark Sanchez*#
Josh Freeman*
Pat White
Rhett Bomar
Steven McGee
Mike Neel
Curtis Painter

2010:

Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow*#
Mike Kafka
Jimmy Clausen
Colt McCoy
John Skelton
Jonathan Crompton
Rusty Smith
Dan LeFevour

2011:

Cam Newton+
Jake Locker
Christian Ponder
Andy Dalton*+
Blaine Gabbert
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Mallet
Ricky Stanzi @
TJ Yates*#

2012:

Andrew Luck
RG3
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
Russel Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Brock Osweiler
Nick Foles

* - started playoff game
# - won playoff game
+ - made probowl

Out of ALL those guys Sanchez is the only one we had a shot at and might regret it. And even he might be toast pretty soon. I'd say Pioli has done a pretty good job

Chief_For_Life58
09-18-2012, 02:40 PM

Feel the power!

if thats true then that means were definitely gonna draft Geno. Yes! Score!

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Out of ALL those guys Sanchez is the only one we had a shot at and might regret it. And even he might be toast pretty soon. I'd say Pioli has done a pretty good job

Andy Dalton is the one that haunts me...

Chief_For_Life58
09-18-2012, 02:42 PM

What? do u not read what everyone says here? Pioli sucks hes terrible we hate him!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2012, 02:47 PM

STFU

SNR
09-18-2012, 02:49 PM
LOL LMAO

Today is the first time I have really watched the guy. I have alot of concerns. Watch the tape against James Madison. His footwork is awful and he hops around like a bunny. The play action is awful. He is going to need alot of work. I fear this is going to be a bad class for QBs. If we got Smith, I don't think he would be starting for a while unless he changes dramatically.

No offense, but you have given me precisely zero reason to take seriously any observation you make whatsoever about the game of football. I would not be surprised in the least if you were actually looking at college tape of Alex Tanney by mistake instead of Geno Smith.

Dicky McElephant
09-18-2012, 02:51 PM
No offense, but you have given me precisely zero reason to take seriously any observation you make whatsoever about the game of football. I would not be surprised in the least if you were actually looking at college tape of Alex Tanney by mistake instead of Geno Smith.

This.

bowener
09-18-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm down. Just somebody. Anybody.

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2012, 02:56 PM
That he hasn't coached in the NFL isn't a negative in my eyes. Actually, it's a positive. I'm tired of the same shitty retreads getting the jobs when they've already proven that they suck or are mediocre at best. It's time for some new blood.

Who's saying go get a retread? I'm not saying go hire a previously fired NFL HC. I'm just saying don't go hire someone who has never played or coached in the NFL at any level.

Tell me the last successful NFL HC who had no previous NFL experience as a player or coach.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 03:03 PM

No offense taken.

If anyone else is interested in watching the bunny hop or the terrible play action sell, please watch the link I posted. Also, check the link to the LSU game. The scary thing in that video is his inability to hit receivers in stride. Almost every pass he completes requires the receiver to slow down on his route or the route is a hitch.

This is exactly what I am afraid of. Drafting a first round QB for the sake of drafting one. This guy might be OK but he will need alot of coaching. He still has a ton to prove over the rest of this season. His flaws are big ones.

Chief_For_Life58
09-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Who's saying go get a retread? I'm not saying go hire a previously fired NFL HC. I'm just saying don't go hire someone who has never played or coached in the NFL at any level.

Tell me the last successful NFL HC who had no previous NFL experience as a player or coach.

bro todd haley bro. best hc evarrrrrhhh

Chief_For_Life58
09-18-2012, 03:06 PM
No offense taken.

If anyone else is interested in watching the bunny hop or the terrible play action sell, please watch the link I posted. Also, check the link to the LSU game. The scary thing in that video is his inability to hit receivers in stride. Almost every pass he completes requires the receiver to slow down on his route or the route is a hitch.

This is exactly what I am afraid of. Drafting a first round QB for the sake of drafting one. This guy might be OK but he will need alot of coaching. He still has a ton to prove over the rest of this season.

lets just resign the mighty matt cassel to a 25 year player/headcoach contract

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2012, 03:10 PM
bro todd haley bro. best hc evarrrrrhhh

Bad example. Even worse since Haley had previous NFL coaching experience.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 03:13 PM
lets just resign the mighty matt cassel to a 25 year player/headcoach contract

Why don't we just put him in a bucket of cement, throw him in the ocean, and call it day?

Dicky McElephant
09-18-2012, 03:13 PM
No offense taken.

This is exactly what I am afraid of. Drafting a first round QB for the sake of drafting one. This guy might be OK but he will need alot of coaching. He still has a ton to prove over the rest of this season. His flaws are big ones.

You know who else does the bunny hop when he drops back? Peyton fucking Manning.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 03:16 PM
You know who else does the bunny hop when he drops back? Peyton ****ing Manning.

I disagree. He's not hopping, he's moving his feet one at a time. Smith is moving his feet in unison in the video I posted. There is a big difference in the two. Peyton's footwork is perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hr6CVURWpU

Chief_For_Life58
09-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Why don't we just put him in a bucket of cement, throw him in the ocean, and call it day?

chiefs suck whats new

Bewbies
09-18-2012, 03:22 PM
I want to change my avatar to Smith, but I don't want anyone to start getting the idea that I don't think Cassel is a retard...

Dicky McElephant
09-18-2012, 03:23 PM
I disagree. He's not hopping, he's moving his feet one at a time. Smith is moving his feet in unison in the video I posted. There is a big difference in the two. Peyton's footwork is perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hr6CVURWpU

Ummm....next time you might want to link me to a video that actually helps PROVE YOUR POINT.

Setsuna
09-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Pestilence!! Why!? You still like Quinn don't you?

Dicky McElephant
09-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Pestilence!! Why!? You still like Quinn don't you?

ROFL

My desire to see Matt Cassel completely fail the entire season overrides my support for Quinn.

BossChief
09-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Put me up there in support.

I've supported taking the kid a few times in the last few months on here.

Chocolate Hog
09-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Curious what makes Smith so much better than Barkley?

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Ummm....next time you might want to link me to a video that actually helps PROVE YOUR POINT.

So lets be clear here so that I understand you correctly. What you are saying is that Smith's footwork is the same as Peyton Mannings?

Me to.

jd1020
09-18-2012, 05:27 PM
With Barkley disappointing, Wilson being injured... yet again, and Jones playing good but not impressive, it's easy to get wowed by Smith. He's putting up phenomenal numbers, but he hasn't played against any competition yet. I'm a fan, but I'll wait for him to play against a respectable school.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Geno will be on tv this saturday when they play Maryland at 11 am on FX

BoneKrusher
09-18-2012, 05:32 PM
With Barkley disappointing, Wilson being injured... yet again, and Jones playing good but not impressive, it's easy to get wowed by Smith. He's putting up phenomenal numbers, but he hasn't played against any competition yet. I'm a fan, but I'll wait for him to play against a respectable school.

i didn't like Barkley from the beginning because he's from USC.
(bad history recently: Palmer, Cassel, Sanchez, and Leinart).

Chocolate Hog
09-18-2012, 05:34 PM

That's not good reasoning at all and Palmer was elite before the elbow injury.

mdchiefsfan
09-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Lol same here Matt Leinart, Matt Cassel, Matt Barkley, pass!

BoneKrusher
09-18-2012, 05:37 PM
That's not good reasoning at all and Palmer was elite before the elbow injury.

i haven't seen anything good from any of these QB's other than the One Pro Bowl season from Palmer.

Crush
09-18-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm in.

Dicky McElephant
09-18-2012, 05:47 PM
So lets be clear here so that I understand you correctly. What you are saying is that Smith's footwork is the same as Peyton Mannings?

No....I stated that Manning bunny hops as well. You told me he didn't and then posted a stupid Youtube video that didn't prove me wrong. You showed me highlights that didn't show his footwork at all.

Ebolapox
09-18-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm down. then again, I don't care who it is as long as it's a legit prospect.

the Talking Can
09-18-2012, 05:54 PM
seriously, whichever QB will make our oh-no-it-risky-wait-till-next-year-he's-not-good-enough-he's-not-either-and-did-i-mention-risky! quivering vagina of a fanbase cry the least....draft HIM...

Chocolate Hog
09-18-2012, 05:55 PM
i haven't seen anything good from any of these QB's other than the One Pro Bowl season from Palmer.

Carson Palmer revitalized one of the worst NFL franchises.

Barkley played like shit last week but last year matched Andrew Luck.

SNR
09-18-2012, 05:55 PM

Outside of the "curse" stigma he's facing (a USC QB named Matt... blech) and the tendency of the products that come out of that school to be sparklingly underwhelming, there's one big thing I don't like.

It boils down to the fact that he just looks like a fucking USC QB. Great arm against the weaker PAC 12 schools, good long ball when he has time, and pretty good statistics compiled with above average teammates. Watch him in tougher games though, and flaws in his decision making start to crop up. Occasionally he just won't be able to get anything going, and just sit there stalling on drive after drive after drive.

I've seen that same song and dance before out of this program. I know how it ends. Maybe some guys who have watched far more Barkley USC games can change my mind with game footage and stuff, but I don't see anything out of this guy that makes me think he'll be any different than Sanchez or Leinart in the NFL.

Besides that, there's the thing I fucking hate about QBs who set the NCAA on fire by their junior years, but decide to come back for a senior season. Matt Leinart's Syndrome it's called. Why go to work this early when I can have a year at USC chilling with my bros taking Bullshit Elective 103 for 2 credits? Totally awesome!

I'm not going to throw a shitfit if the Chiefs draft him. I'll be very very happy. But you can't tell me that the nonexistent flaws BlackBob "sees" in Geno Smith's game make him more unworthy of that #1 overall spot than Barkley.

Tell me again WTF Barkley has done to deserve #1 overall over Smith? I think Barkley was the highly touted high school recruit who went to a sexy school, looks pretty good on the field, and is on TV all the goddamn time. Realistically, I don't think any other QB but an Andrew Luck-type would change people's minds that Barkley is the best QB this year. In most years he would be. And he still might be.

I'm predicting he won't be #1 overall. If Wilson impresses the pants off of everybody for the rest of the year, he'll be #2, with Smith at #1. Barkley will be #3, but the way teams need QBs, he's not going to have to wait very long. All three QBs are going to get drafted within the top 5 picks I would bet.

SNR
09-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Jon Kitna revitalized one of the worst NFL franchises.

Barkley played like shit last week but last year matched Andrew Luck.
FYP

Kitna revitalized that team. He got them all playing at a high level. Palmer did a good job of continuing where Kitna left off. But that's about it.

Chocolate Hog
09-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Outside of the "curse" stigma he's facing (a USC QB named Matt... blech) and the tendency of the products that come out of that school to be sparklingly underwhelming, there's one big thing I don't like.

It boils down to the fact that he just looks like a ****ing USC QB. Great arm against the weaker PAC 12 schools, good long ball when he has time, and pretty good statistics compiled with above average teammates. Watch him in tougher games though, and flaws in his decision making start to crop up. Occasionally he just won't be able to get anything going, and just sit there stalling on drive after drive after drive.

I've seen that same song and dance before out of this program. I know how it ends. Maybe some guys who have watched far more Barkley USC games can change my mind with game footage and stuff, but I don't see anything out of this guy that makes me think he'll be any different than Sanchez or Leinart in the NFL.

Besides that, there's the thing I ****ing hate about QBs who set the NCAA on fire by their junior years, but decide to come back for a senior season. Matt Leinart's Syndrome it's called. Why go to work this early when I can have a year at USC chilling with my bros taking Bullshit Elective 103 for 2 credits? Totally awesome!

I'm not going to throw a shitfit if the Chiefs draft him. I'll be very very happy. But you can't tell me that the nonexistent flaws BlackBob "sees" in Geno Smith's game make him more unworthy of that #1 overall spot than Barkley.

Tell me again WTF Barkley has done to deserve #1 overall over Smith? I think Barkley was the highly touted high school recruit who went to a sexy school, looks pretty good on the field, and is on TV all the goddamn time. Realistically, I don't think any other QB but an Andrew Luck-type would change people's minds that Barkley is the best QB this year. In most years he would be. And he still might be.

I'm predicting he won't be #1 overall. If Wilson impresses the pants off of everybody for the rest of the year, he'll be #2, with Smith at #1. Barkley will be #3, but the way teams need QBs, he's not going to have to wait very long. All three QBs are going to get drafted within the top 5 picks I would bet.

Well the difference between Barkley and a guy like Sanchez is maturity. Barkley being a 4 year guy he's a great leader and unlike Claussen I don't see him being a cocky self entitled SOB.

I like how despite not being a great athlete Barkley doesn't get sacked much. He also is really fucking accurate (70% last year I believe).

Has experience in a pro offense.

Is great at reading defenses.

The only thing I would be concerned about is his arm strength.

I wouldn't be mad if we draft Smith he's my #2 behind Barkley. I also like Bray and Wilson. Nice having options isn't it?

SNR
09-18-2012, 06:02 PM

Again with the bunny hop stuff. I'll let Pest handle that.

I'm also not seeing where he doesn't lead his receivers. I hope you're not talking about the bubble screens, are you? Every other completed pass I saw was very well-timed and accurate. Great arm with plenty of zip on the ball. That arm is absolutely something that can not be taught in this league. It's an RGIII arm. And Smith's got it.

Chocolate Hog
09-18-2012, 06:04 PM
FYP

Kitna revitalized that team. He got them all playing at a high level. Palmer did a good job of continuing where Kitna left off. But that's about it.

Huh? The Bengals didn't make the playoffs until 2005. They had some of the best offenses in the league under Palmer pre-2008 elbow injury that really has limited him IMO.

the Talking Can
09-18-2012, 06:10 PM
i'd be happy to draft barkley, but he's looked off this year and his passes really seemed to lack some zip against stanford...he also made some bad decisions, which is uncharacteristic

i remember him as a freshman (I think) on the road against ohio state...he showed a ton of courage and savy

his NFL upside is Matt Ryan, imo

Smith, who I have not watched as much as, seems to have a higher upside...and is just a bit more 'electric' (vague, i know)...he's just learning how good he can be while Barkley has known for awhile

his NFL upside is...hmm...Rodgers (is that crazy?)

SNR
09-18-2012, 06:13 PM
DJ's right. All the "Don't care as long as we get a guy" people are good folks who know their football I'm sure, but this thread isn't for you. We Geno Smith fans all support the same vision of seeing Cassel ousted for a legitimate first round QB. The point of this thread is to declare that the first round QB to best carry out that goal is Geno Smith. We believe he is THE guy, not just A guy.

SNR
09-18-2012, 06:16 PM
i'd be happy to draft barkley, but he's looked off this year and his passes really seemed to lack some zip against stanford...he also made some bad decisions, which is uncharacteristic

i remember him as a freshman (I think) on the road against ohio state...he showed a ton of courage and savy

his NFL upside is Matt Ryan, imo

Smith, who I have not watched as much as, seems to have a higher upside...and is just a bit more 'electric' (vague, i know)...he's just learning how good he can be while Barkley has know for awhile

his NFL upside is...hmm...Rodgers (is that crazy?)

His upside is Randall Cunningham, Warren Moon, Vince Young, Doug Williams, Rodney Peete, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, RGIII, Josh Freeman, Russell Wilson, Casey Printers, and Ice-T.

the Talking Can
09-18-2012, 06:21 PM
His upside is Randall Cunningham, Warren Moon, Vince Young, Doug Williams, Rodney Peete, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, RGIII, Josh Freeman, Russell Wilson, Casey Printers, and Ice-T.

LMAO

trust me, i went through the list

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 07:41 PM
No offense taken.

http://ilechoo.com/gallery/albums/gifs/banhammer_1.gif

rico
09-18-2012, 07:45 PM
IN

bevischief
09-18-2012, 07:56 PM
WTF I am in as well have been in since I read this morning.

JASONSAUTO
09-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Hey mother fucker you forgot me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Again with the bunny hop stuff. I'll let Pest handle that.

I'm also not seeing where he doesn't lead his receivers. I hope you're not talking about the bubble screens, are you? Every other completed pass I saw was very well-timed and accurate. Great arm with plenty of zip on the ball. That arm is absolutely something that can not be taught in this league. It's an RGIII arm. And Smith's got it.

Check the LSU tape. He doesn't hit them in stride. I'm not talking bubble screens. They have to slow down to catch the ball or he misses them all together.

bevischief
09-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Hey mother ****er you forgot me.
Posted via Mobile Device

You weren't the only one...

SNR
09-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Apologies for those I forgot. This is a long list, you understand. Geno Mania is sweeping the nation!

WV
09-18-2012, 08:02 PM
No offense taken.

You clearly need to watch more tape.

SNR
09-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Check the LSU tape. He doesn't hit them in stride. LMAO

He's not Aaron Rodgers in the LSU tape, but he's doing a pretty decent job while under pressure. Better than anything I've seen from Matty Lukewarm.

That's from a college junior going up against the #1 defense in the nation. He looks VERY good in that tape. West Virginia also has an improved team around him from last year, and Geno himself seems to have picked up his game another notch. He'll get national attention against good teams eventually, and if he performs well, he deserves to be #1 overall.

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 08:05 PM
This is Smith in his sophomore year, first year as a starter and the year before Holgorsen was hired as offensive coordinator/head coach.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uNsvPiZAWZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ForeverChiefs58
09-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Sign me up for his bandwagon.

Here he is vs Clemson in the Orange Bowl
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GB5OW9i7KHs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the first game of his senior season Geno Smith completed 32 of 36 passes for 323 yards and 4 touchdowns while adding 65 yards and another TD carrying the ball against Marshall
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_47VbmsFFlI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the second game of his senior season Geno Smith completed 34 of 39 passes for 411 yards and 5 touchdowns and had 2 carries for 18 yards. He also passed Marc Bulger as WVU's career passing yardage leader
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PqZCUfb1dl4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reaper16
09-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Honestly, being able to complete passes on that legendary LSU secondary last year is impressive enough.

JASONSAUTO
09-18-2012, 08:07 PM
You weren't the only one...

Shit I haven't said it in this thread though lol. I have said it before
Posted via Mobile Device

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Watch this highlight tape. Check out the last two TDs. His footwork is bad. Watch the play action pass movement. What the **** is that? Watch his feet on the last throw. He is jumping. He's not shuffling. Watch the throw. It is short and hangs because of the footwork.

Watch the clemswon tape up there. When he starts hopping the pass always hangs and is bad. When he shuffles or crosses his feet, he is fine. This is going to be what the scouts are talking about. Half the battle with QBs is their feet.

JASONSAUTO
09-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Please don't tell me people are arguing with black bob over something he said that was just fucking ignorant again...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter
09-18-2012, 08:11 PM
You clearly need to learn how to use your eyes and understand football, you fucking moron. Jesus Christ BlackBob.

Fixed

Sorter
Please don't tell me people are arguing with black bob over something he said that was just ****ing ignorant again...
Posted via Mobile Device

It is happening again...

Saccopoo
Honestly, being able to complete passes on that legendary LSU secondary last year is impressive enough.

463 yards on that secondary. With that defensive front in his grill all game long.

Motherfucking superstud.

Cornstock
09-18-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm on board dude. I need to be optimistic about something Chiefs related because this season isn't doing it for me.

JASONSAUTO
It is happening again...

Holy fuck.

I swear he's not a troll. I totally believe he isn't.

Dude is just so far off...I don't even know what to say.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nightfyre
I think I will tentatively put him atop my list. Look, none of this year's prospects approach Luck/RG3 levels of love from me. But given that Wilson has concussion issues, Barkley is inconsistent and has an average arm, Landry Jones is a game-manager, and Bray has character issues, he seems like the best prospect to me. So add me to the roster.

Bump
09-18-2012, 08:13 PM
I would love to get him. But do you honestly think a black QB could make it in KC? The first time he runs instead of passes CP will have a melt down of epic proportions.

JASONSAUTO
09-18-2012, 08:14 PM
*Pushes chips all in*

This.

Gotta sell the farm for this fucking kid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk
I think I will tentatively put him atop my list. Look, none of this year's prospects approach Luck/RG3 levels of love from me. But given that Wilson has concussion issues, Barkley is inconsistent and has an average arm, Landry Jones is a game-manager, and Bray has character issues, he seems like the best prospect to me. So add me to the roster.

Does Wilson have a history of concussions?

JASONSAUTO
I would love to get him. But do you honestly think a black QB could make it in KC? The first time he runs instead of passes CP will have a melt down of epic proportions.

JFC.

Yeah no black people live in kc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk
09-18-2012, 08:15 PM

Dum.

SNR
09-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Watch this highlight tape. Check out the last two TDs. His footwork is bad. Watch the play action pass movement. What the **** is that? Watch his feet on the last throw. He is jumping. He's not shuffling. Watch the throw. It is short and hangs because of the footwork.

Watch the clemswon tape up there. When he starts hopping the pass always hangs and is bad. When he shuffles or crosses his feet, he is fine. This is going to be what the scouts are talking about. Half the battle with QBs is their feet.
First of all, when you're in the pocket making your reads, the appropriate technique is to do those short little inch-high hops with both feet. Smith is shuffling, which isn't the norm or what a QB coach would teach you to do.

However, there's nothing wrong with shuffling your feet like that when you survey the field. If his pro coaches have their periods about that, that is something that can be EASILY fixed by Smith over one offseason. He's not rebuilding his throwing motion or anything.

Footwork only matters when you drop back and when you plant and throw. Smith plants and throws every single time, and he does it correctly.

You're being an idiot again.

Nightfyre
09-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Does Wilson have a history of concussions?

I believe he's missed time due to two now. I think if he fell to the second round I would jump ALL OVER that shit, though.

Chief_For_Life58
09-18-2012, 08:29 PM

a black qb would be fully embraced in kc. Itd be a perfect place. I was really hoping we woulda drafted Freeman with our first pick when we had the chance being a home town guy it would of really excited the fan base but what do I know im just a lonely little chiefs fan that wants them to win a superbowl

Sorter
09-18-2012, 08:32 PM

http://gifs.gifbin.com/sw50sw8sw578.gif

Chief_For_Life58
09-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Lets get Geno and Tavon austin in the draft as a package deal

WV
09-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Lets get Geno and Tavon austin in the draft as a package deal

:thumb:

DeezNutz
09-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Not sure why I have to post in this thread to be added to the list. I'm not one of the originators, but I've been talking about the kid for a minute now.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 08:47 PM
It's cool. I am just not going to commit to a guy like that just yet. I see flaws and I voiced them. If you don't, that's OK with me. Right now, I don't see him as a first round QB. I want to see more this year. The main knock on the guy will be his footwork. It is easy to see his footwork is messing him up. It's the same on almost every bad throw.

Also, Alabama had the best defense last year. LSU might have been better on paper but they weren't a better defense.

KCUnited
09-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Like the majority on the list, I haven't watched enough of the guy to form an opinion. But put me down so I can say I was one of the first because that's the currency here.

Reaper16
09-18-2012, 08:50 PM
It's cool. I am just not going to commit to a guy like that just yet. I see flaws and I voiced them. If you don't, that's OK with me. Right now, I don't see him as a first round QB. I want to see more this year. The main knock on the guy will be his footwork.

Also, Alabama had the best defense last year. LSU might have been better on paper but they weren't a better defense.

By all means, knock LSU's defense for only being a mere top 15 defense of all time when Alabama's that same year happened to be a top 5 defense of all time.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-18-2012, 08:53 PM
By all means, knock LSU's defense for only being a mere top 15 defense of all time when Alabama's that same year happened to be a top 5 defense of all time.

I have seen them multiple times. They beat the shit out my team in the SEC championship.

Also, bleacher Report thinks we should take Smith! It's a double jinx....LMAO

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1329332-kansas-city-chiefs-should-draft-west-virginia-quarterback-geno-smith

Speaking of LSU, Mettenberger is one we should watch. He had a really strong arm as UGA as a freshmen. However, he got kicked off the team for off the field problems. If he has a great year, he could come out.

Chiefs=Good
09-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Yep im a fan. I just want a little qb of our own. Is that too much?!

-King-
09-18-2012, 09:58 PM

What in the fuck?

wazu
09-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Okay, I've seen enough. Sign me up for this bandwagon.

Pablo
09-18-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm in.

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Okay, I've seen enough. Sign me up for this bandwagon.

http://i7.glitter-graphics.org/pub/1370/1370367t6tpk81fev.gif

KcMizzou
09-18-2012, 11:04 PM
I've honestly never seen the guy play. But I'm all for drafting our own stud QB for once. (Or at least making an effort) I'll see him this season, because I'm still interested in the Big 12... and because the hype around here makes me curious.

dmahurin
09-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Count me in.

wazu
09-18-2012, 11:21 PM
By the way - anybody post yet that Walter already has the Chiefs taking Geno? http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 11:27 PM
From a site called draftmonster:

Size: At 6’3″ Smith has the requisite height for a prototypical quarterback in the NFL, his 214 pound frame, however, leaves something to be desired. Smith will need to put on weight and “thicken up” for the repeated hits he’ll take at the NFL level. His frame suggests he could add ten pounds, and I’d be highly surprised if he doesn’t by the time the combine rolls around.

Arm Strength: On tape, you notice the arm strength on Smith right away. He has a compact release, yet still gets the ball out with sizzle. He can make all throw on the route tree, including the vaunted “deep out.” He displays above average velocity on his short and intermediate throws, and has no problems driving the ball in the deep game. He exhibits “plus” arm strength when throwing on the move.

Accuracy: Smith does extremely well in the short and intermediate game, placing the ball where only his receiver has a chance to make a play on it. He displays appropriate velocity and touch, and attempts to hit his receiver in stride, allowing for greater yards after the catch. He displays excellent placement on back shoulder throws, putting the ball where only his receiver can get it. Smith spins a clean catchable football, with a tight rotation. His deep ball leaves a bit to be desired, but this was often masked by the superior athleticism of his wide receivers.

Mechanics: Smith exhibits natural bend at the knees and balance with his footwork in the pocket, is consistently in an effective throwing position. He possesses an impressive feel in the pocket, subtly moves away from pressure, keeps eye level down the field and isn’t afraid to take a shot after letting go of the football. His short, compact release allows him to get the ball out much quicker which will be huge at the next level.

Athleticism: Smith is a very good athlete, and can hurt you with his legs on the move. He takes good care of the football and knows when to take off. He is natural & coordinated on the move, throws accurately off the boot play-action game, and generates good torque from the hips, consistently squaring his shoulders toward his target. He shows great ability to reset after contact, and find his man down field. Smith can pick up extra yardage with his feet, and will have to be accounted for at the next level.

Pre/Post snap Reads: Smith goes through his progressions very well, and can work his way quickly across the field and back to his check down man if need be, really does know where everyone is throughout his progression. He displays natural timing and knows when the football needs to come out and rarely is late, even when throwing to secondary and tertiary targets. Smith doesn’t seem to have any trouble diagnosing pressure, and using his athleticism to buy time for his receivers to get open.

Pocket Poise: Smith looks very comfortable in the pocket. He has a natural slide step he uses to avoid pressure. He keeps his eye level up and downfield, doesn’t drop and look to take off early. He will stand in the pocket and take a hit.

Intangibles: Smith seems to have all the intangibles you look for in franchise quarterback. To me he leaped off the tape in nearly every facet of the game. His deep ball could use better touch and accuracy, and I’d like to see him not throw high over the middle unnecessarily, as he seemed to do against LSU (2011). He is something of a rhythm passer.

Saccopoo
09-18-2012, 11:33 PM
By the way - anybody post yet that Walter already has the Chiefs taking Geno? http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

He is not going to be there at #8.

Especially with Wilson's concussion issue and Barkley showing middling arm strength and decision making.

The Chiefs are either going to have to do one of two things to get Geno:

1. Suck, and suck hard. The Raiders will take Smith in a heartbeat.

2. Sell the draft. At this point, giving up an equivalent to what the Redskins did for RGIII is okay by me if we can get a franchise QB.

-King-
09-18-2012, 11:41 PM

Especially with Wilson's concussion issue and Barkley showing middling arm strength and decision making.

2. Sell the draft. At this point, giving up an equivalent to what the Redskins did for RGIII is okay by me if we can get a franchise QB.

Do the raiders have a first next year?
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
09-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I believe they do.

wazu
09-19-2012, 12:05 AM

I'm on board with all of that. In fact, if we obtain Geno through whatever means necessary, I'll be happy to be a full-on apologist for whatever GM makes that move for a good 4 years before I lose faith, even if it's Pioli.

clyde05
09-19-2012, 01:27 AM
I'm in but the chiefs will prob mess it up and finish 7-9, although I don't know how with they way they have looked.

DeezNutz
09-19-2012, 06:09 AM
If the Chiefs lose this weekend, the season is over. At this point, it would be in the organization's best interest to play Stanzi, and one of two things will happen:

1. Stanzi surprises and is legitimately "the guy." Cool.
2. Stanzi doesn't surprise, sucks complete ass, but allows us to tank the season, thus being in position to draft "the guy." Cool.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-19-2012, 06:28 AM
If the Chiefs lose this weekend, the season is over. At this point, it would be in the organization's best interest to play Stanzi, and one of two things will happen:

2. Stanzi doesn't surprise, sucks complete ass, but allows us to tank the season, thus being in position to draft "the guy." Cool.

3 comes before 2?

ForeverChiefs58
09-19-2012, 07:16 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

they have a 1st, but no 2nd from Carson Palmer.

-King-
09-19-2012, 07:24 AM

Cassel plays every game. Angry mob attacks Clark Hunt in his home. Cool.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
09-19-2012, 08:36 AM
We can't fuck this up this year, line we did with meaningless wins last year. Win 2 games or less. Yeah it sucks for fans etc but it's for the greater good. This time next year we could be sitting with the same skill guys or even better skill guys and this guy at qb.

Although I think there is collectively too much individual talent to lose that much but it could be the perfect storm

SNR
09-19-2012, 08:42 AM
We can't fuck this up this year, line we did with meaningless wins last year. Win 2 games or less. Yeah it sucks for fans etc but it's for the greater good. This time next year we could be sitting with the same skill guys or even better skill guys and this guy at qb.

Although I think there is collectively too much individual talent to lose that much but it could be the perfect storm

That doesn't seem to bother Romeo

Dr. Gigglepants
09-19-2012, 08:52 AM

The Hillis fumble on the 1 yard line last week gives me the feeling this may be a cursed season. A blessedly, miraculously cursed season. I'm keeno for Geno.

Saul Good
09-19-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm in.

And may I submit "lose sixteeno for Geno" for the academy's consideration?

O.city
09-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Last year we messed up. Start palko last three, 5-11. Colts finish us off and rivers doesn't fumble a gift away, 3-13. Bears miracle, 2-14 and a coin flip for rgIII.

Mirage of a season ending in hope and 7-9. Don't fuck it up this year, do what you should have years ago and suck shit, clean house. New gm new geno smith qb and let's move forward

Pablo
09-19-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm in.

I like it; but it doesn't have to be approved by some fake academy nobody cares about. Use it.

Sorter
09-19-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm on board with Tyler Wilson and Geno. Have been campaigning for those 2 for quite some time now.

MahiMike
09-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Marshall Highlights. He makes some nice throws in this game and has deceptive speed. He is a long strider when he pulls it down. And his arm strength is pretty good IMO.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZyZ4TCpD-g8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I couldn't get past the horrid rap music. Did he say he gon' make tuna caserole outta cameltoe?

Sorter
09-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Here you go Mahi

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bZo__7PRl8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Additionally, can we put this and as the season progresses his snaps in the OP?

ForeverChiefs58
09-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Week 3 Heisman Watch: Geno Smith leads wide-open race as Matt Barkley falters

Week 3 of the college football season is in the books, and the race for the 2012 Heisman Trophy has been dramatically altered.

USC's Matt Barkley is the latest preseason favorite to stumble, throwing two interceptions in a huge loss to Stanford.

These are the players who currently stand the best chance of actually winning the Heisman Trophy.

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia -- Smith is off to a great start so far this season, with 734 passing yards and nine touchdown passes (with no interceptions) in his first two games. He is completing an amazing 88 percent of his passes and has an efficiency rating of 209. He is on pace to run and pass for 60 touchdowns. Granted, he is putting up these numbers against awful competition, but we all know he's a very good quarterback playing in a passer-friendly system. It's going to be difficult to for him to maintain this level against Big 12 competition, but he'll still be very productive. As with Robert Griffin III last year, he's not expected to lead his team to an undefeated season, and so Heisman voters will look to his overall numbers and how well he performs against Big 12 traditional powers like Texas and Oklahoma to gauge his worthiness. Given his solid name recognition, his potential for an elite statistical season and his odd status as a Mid-Atlantic player competing in the Southwest, he's at the top of this Watch ... for now.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/20205571/week-3-heisman-watch-geno-smith-leads-wide-open-race-as-matt-barkley-falters

ForeverChiefs58
09-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Geno Smith not fazed by Heisman, RG3 talk

The comparisons? Well, they're inevitable. A quarterback with that kind of efficiency is rare.

This time last year, Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III had thrown 13 touchdown passes to just 12 incompletions through three games.

Through two games, West Virginia's Geno Smith has accounted for 10 touchdowns (one rushing) and thrown just nine incompletions.

The rarity has necessitated comparison, and Smith has already taken notice.

"I’ve been hearing all about that, and I want to put a stop to that real soon," Smith said. "RG3’s a great guy and he’s doing good things in the NFL and I’m only a college quarterback hoping to get where he is. We’re two different guys. He has a different style and I have a different style, and I’m pretty sure the only thing we both hope to do is just win games."

After Week 2, Smith's also the frontrunner for the Heisman Trophy, which Griffin won last season. Like Griffin, Smith would be the program's first Heisman winner.

"It’d be better for the program and the exposure that we’ll get, but it will not make me feel better about myself or a notch on my belt. It’ll just be another trophy that I won," Smith said. "I understand that the Heisman is the biggest individual accolade in sports, and I’m honored to be mentioned among the likes of guys who worked so hard every year and who have done it in the past, but at the same time, my only goal is to win the national championship and I really want to make that clear."

Still, Smith looks like a new man this year and West Virginia a new team ready to make a big dent in the Big 12 during its first year in the league.

"Something happens to guys when they’re seniors," coach Dana Holgorsen said. "His body’s different. He’s gained weight. He’s bigger, he’s faster, he’s more confident, so he’s improved and he’s been practicing like this since the beginning of August. Watching him translate it out there in games has been fun to watch as a coach."

That talk of improvement? Smith says he feels like it's "overblown." The scariest part for defenses? He doesn't feel like he's playing much better than last year, though statistics suggest he is.

Smith completed 66 percent of his passes through two games last season, and never once had a game in which he completed more than 74 percent of his passes.

This year, Smith is completing 88 percent of his passes in two games.

"Honestly, I don’t think I’m playing that great. I’ve been making some good decisions, but I’m really inaccurate at times and guys have been bailing me out," Smith said. "I think some of it’s been overblown. It’s only been Game 2 so I think I can play a lot better. We’ll see. That’ll come with time."

Instead, Smith credits shorter throws to Tavon Austin, who turns short screens into 10+ yard gains, or Stedman Bailey's ability to climb over defenders for acrobatic catches.

Holgorsen? It's safe to say he disagrees. Opponents likely would as well.

"Obviously, we stress completion percentage, but just monitoring the game and having an idea of where we want him to go with the ball, I feel like he’s doing a really good job of that," Holgorsen said.

Five or six times already this season, Holgorsen says, Smith has avoided a likely sack. Sometimes that means tucking the ball and running on a broken play, like Smith did on his 28-yard touchdown run against Marshall.

Other times, that means buying a couple seconds to dump the ball to a back in the flats.

"He could be a running quarterback if we wanted to, but our offense isn’t going to let you put that tag on him," Holgorsen said.

It's still early, and Holgorsen and Smith don't need any reminders that life in Morgantown will get much tougher in the weeks to come. Maryland treks to Morgantown this Saturday, but for now, Smith has validated his status as the Big 12's best player, and emerged as arguably the best player in college football.

"We have to get a lot better, we’ve got to play a lot better and clean some things up and I think we’ll continue to do that. It’s all a learning process. ... as of right now we’re not near where we want to be come January," Smith said. "The hardest thing to do is not get complacent after you win 3, 4, 5 games and think you’ve figured it all out. Once you do that, that’s when you take a loss."

Implied within Smith's comments is that his team will still be playing come January. So far, he and his teammates have played well enough where the prospect is easy to believe.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/66142/geno-smith-not-fazed-by-heisman-rg3-talk

Thig Lyfe
09-19-2012, 03:07 PM
I couldn't get past the horrid rap music. Did he say he gon' make tuna caserole outta cameltoe?

I would also prefer a version for white people like me!

Sorter
09-19-2012, 03:12 PM
I would also prefer a version for white people like me!

I posted it!

milkman
09-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Get Smoked for Geno Smith.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Down.

Nightfyre
09-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Geno Smith not fazed by Heisman, RG3 talk

The comparisons? Well, they're inevitable. A quarterback with that kind of efficiency is rare.

This time last year, Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III had thrown 13 touchdown passes to just 12 incompletions through three games.

Through two games, West Virginia's Geno Smith has accounted for 10 touchdowns (one rushing) and thrown just nine incompletions.

The rarity has necessitated comparison, and Smith has already taken notice.

"Iíve been hearing all about that, and I want to put a stop to that real soon," Smith said. "RG3ís a great guy and heís doing good things in the NFL and Iím only a college quarterback hoping to get where he is. Weíre two different guys. He has a different style and I have a different style, and Iím pretty sure the only thing we both hope to do is just win games."

After Week 2, Smith's also the frontrunner for the Heisman Trophy, which Griffin won last season. Like Griffin, Smith would be the program's first Heisman winner.

"Itíd be better for the program and the exposure that weíll get, but it will not make me feel better about myself or a notch on my belt. Itíll just be another trophy that I won," Smith said. "I understand that the Heisman is the biggest individual accolade in sports, and Iím honored to be mentioned among the likes of guys who worked so hard every year and who have done it in the past, but at the same time, my only goal is to win the national championship and I really want to make that clear."

Still, Smith looks like a new man this year and West Virginia a new team ready to make a big dent in the Big 12 during its first year in the league.

"Something happens to guys when theyíre seniors," coach Dana Holgorsen said. "His bodyís different. Heís gained weight. Heís bigger, heís faster, heís more confident, so heís improved and heís been practicing like this since the beginning of August. Watching him translate it out there in games has been fun to watch as a coach."

That talk of improvement? Smith says he feels like it's "overblown." The scariest part for defenses? He doesn't feel like he's playing much better than last year, though statistics suggest he is.

Smith completed 66 percent of his passes through two games last season, and never once had a game in which he completed more than 74 percent of his passes.

This year, Smith is completing 88 percent of his passes in two games.

"Honestly, I donít think Iím playing that great. Iíve been making some good decisions, but Iím really inaccurate at times and guys have been bailing me out," Smith said. "I think some of itís been overblown. Itís only been Game 2 so I think I can play a lot better. Weíll see. Thatíll come with time."

Instead, Smith credits shorter throws to Tavon Austin, who turns short screens into 10+ yard gains, or Stedman Bailey's ability to climb over defenders for acrobatic catches.

Holgorsen? It's safe to say he disagrees. Opponents likely would as well.

"Obviously, we stress completion percentage, but just monitoring the game and having an idea of where we want him to go with the ball, I feel like heís doing a really good job of that," Holgorsen said.

Five or six times already this season, Holgorsen says, Smith has avoided a likely sack. Sometimes that means tucking the ball and running on a broken play, like Smith did on his 28-yard touchdown run against Marshall.

Other times, that means buying a couple seconds to dump the ball to a back in the flats.

"He could be a running quarterback if we wanted to, but our offense isnít going to let you put that tag on him," Holgorsen said.

It's still early, and Holgorsen and Smith don't need any reminders that life in Morgantown will get much tougher in the weeks to come. Maryland treks to Morgantown this Saturday, but for now, Smith has validated his status as the Big 12's best player, and emerged as arguably the best player in college football.

"We have to get a lot better, weíve got to play a lot better and clean some things up and I think weíll continue to do that. Itís all a learning process. ... as of right now weíre not near where we want to be come January," Smith said. "The hardest thing to do is not get complacent after you win 3, 4, 5 games and think youíve figured it all out. Once you do that, thatís when you take a loss."

Implied within Smith's comments is that his team will still be playing come January. So far, he and his teammates have played well enough where the prospect is easy to believe.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/66142/geno-smith-not-fazed-by-heisman-rg3-talk
When he talks like this, it makes me want him for the Chiefs. Total team talk.

saphojunkie
09-19-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm in.

How about "Tank this fucking season and draft a motherfucking qb in the fucking first, you rat bastard commies."

has a nice ring to it.

KCUnited
09-19-2012, 03:57 PM
3 1sts and a 5th for Geno Smith

the Talking Can
09-19-2012, 03:58 PM
blow dudes for geno

anyone?

oRYMANo
09-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Hope chiefs get geno and he does well, but I fear he is a product of the system.

Sorter
09-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Hope chiefs get geno and he does well, but I fear he is a product of the system.

Normally, I'd be worried about that too. However, he looks downfield, moves well and adjusts within the pocket, has a good arm, and goes through progressions.

Dayze
09-19-2012, 04:30 PM
he doesn't fit well with what we're trying to do here. / Pioli

Mr. Arrowhead
09-19-2012, 04:41 PM
He is not Matt Cassel/ Pioli

O.city
09-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Best way to make sure we draft a qb next year? Suck shit.

I hope you all enjoyed the shitty 7 win team last year. Because guess what, it's time to buck up and get thru a 1 or 2 win season this year. It's what needs to happen.

saphojunkie
09-19-2012, 04:54 PM
I am actively rooting against the Chiefs now. Deal with it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-19-2012, 04:57 PM
I am actively rooting against the Chiefs now. Deal with it.

Might as well jump.

http://kategale.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/david-lee-roth.jpg

O.city
09-19-2012, 04:57 PM
I will gladly fall on the "2-14" sword this season. Hell 1-15 is fine with me. The Colts won what 1 or 2 last year and are probably better than we are right now.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-19-2012, 07:20 PM
A guy on the radio talked about the Manning passing academy today. He talked about this year's camp. He said Smith's footwork was better than expected. He also said Aaron Murray was the most pro ready QB at the camp. I guess he looked the best.

I still think Smith's feet will be the question as we get closer to the draft. I wouldn't take Murray because has not proven to be a good leader.

I'm just not ready to commit yet. It will be interesting to watch Mettenberger against Auburn this weekend. I think he's got the strongest arm college football has seen since Stafford... He's 6 ft. 5 inches 230 pounds. He's a junior and I think he'll come out if he has a good year. I think he'll be a better version of Ryan Mallet.

DeezNutz
09-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Murray is a better prospect than most give credit for on this board.

Sorter
09-19-2012, 07:23 PM
The only person who hates him as a prospect is Setsuna.

SNR
09-19-2012, 07:23 PM
When he talks like this, it makes me want him for the Chiefs. Total team talk.

The anti-Matt Cassel.

I don't see any mention of "We" in there. "I" need to do a better job. "I" need to clean up mistakes.

Exactly what we don't have right now.

DeezNutz
09-19-2012, 07:25 PM
I will gladly fall on the "2-14" sword this season. Hell 1-15 is fine with me. The Colts won what 1 or 2 last year and are probably better than we are right now.

Drop the "probably." I'd love like shit to be the Colts right now.

There would be so much optimism and forward-thinking on this board that n00bs would think it's the fucking competent version of WPI.

Bewbies
09-19-2012, 07:27 PM

I watch him every week. I'd pass, he's way too streaky, and when he's off he's absolutely horrible.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-19-2012, 07:28 PM

I am a huge UGA fan but, I have seen him choke in the time of need several times. If he can't improve in this area this season, I wouldn't want him. That is a really big deal to me when evaluating QBs. They gotta be able to put the team on their shoulders at the end of games.

Far too many NFL games are decided in the 4th quarter.

DeezNutz
09-19-2012, 07:29 PM
I watch him every week. I'd pass, he's way too streaky, and when he's off he's absolutely horrible.

Would you mind elaborating a bit more about what you mean by "off"?

Admittedly, you've seen more of the player than me, but what I've seen as someone who seems to be mechanically sound and consistent with his approach.

Plus, he has the requisite size and arm strength.

Bewbies
09-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Would you mind elaborating a bit more about what you mean by "off"?

Admittedly, you've seen more of the player than me, but what I've seen as someone who seems to be mechanically sound and consistent with his approach.

Plus, he has the requisite size and arm strength.

Did you watch the UGA/Mizzou game? Compare how he looked in the first half and the second half. Two different quarterbacks.

He does that all the time.