PDA

View Full Version : Education The crazy world of libdom on campus

HonestChieffan
09-18-2012, 04:07 PM
A renowned University of California-Riverside professor recently advised students to save Mother Earth, eat vegetarian, only have 1.5 kids*- two at the most – take up social justice causes, and “lower your standard of living.”

Biology Professor Richard Cardullo –*recently tapped by several federal agencies*to assist with redeveloping how college students across the nation study life science – offered the advice to a room full of middle school students as part of the university’s online science lecture series, recorded on the campus earlier this year. A video of his talk is*posted on YouTube.

He began his 50-minute lecture, “Is Earth Overpopulated,” by painting a picture that the planet doesn’t have the room or resources for more and more humans, yet that’s the direction in which it’s headed. [...]

Cardullo ultimately advocates family planning for the task.

“That means your generation and the next generation, if they are committed to doing this, would mean having family sizes that on the average are 1-and-a-half children, or two,” he said. “Some would have one, some would have two. It would be 50/50.”

Cardullo’s lecture then morphed into somewhat of a sexual education seminar, explaining to the students on a cellular level how sperm fertilizes an egg, and how scientists study new ways to stop that from happening.

“Sperm is a vector … which leads to increased populations, so many scientists want to know, ‘Are there new ways we can control population or fertility rates?’ … so individuals can make the decisions to keep those rates low,” he said. “We are talking about controlling human fertility.”

Keep reading…http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/11668

oldandslow
09-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Number 7 billion was born last October...Present pop estimates take it to 9 billion by 2050...

You think this is a good idea? Seriously?

mnchiefsguy
09-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Wow. Completely inappropriate for middle schoolers (ages 11-13).

listopencil
09-19-2012, 12:24 AM
Wow. Completely inappropriate for middle schoolers (ages 11-13).

Not necessarily.

"Cardullo’s lecture then morphed into somewhat of a sexual education seminar, explaining to the students on a cellular level how sperm fertilizes an egg, and how scientists study new ways to stop that from happening."

I don't have a problem with that. I'd have to watch the video to really see if he went too far.

listopencil
09-19-2012, 12:29 AM
"The main rise in the teen pregnancy rate is among girls younger than 15"

http://www.teenhelp.com/teen-pregnancy/teen-pregnancy-statistics.html

cosmo20002
09-19-2012, 12:31 AM
The crazy world of libdom on campus

I don't really agree with some of that, but for being labeled "crazy" this is pretty non-crazy.

listopencil
09-19-2012, 12:35 AM
I'll say one more thing before I go to bed. We live in a society that has a history of sexualizing children, and I am seeing an alarming trend in this country of blurring the lines between childhood, late childhood, and early adulthood. In the best of all possible worlds our nation's parents step up and raise their kids in such a way that this doesn't cause problems. In the real world that's not happening, and some people are trying to deal with the fallout.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-19-2012, 05:54 AM
There is an alarming number of parents out there who flat out aren't raising their kids. The public school system, and other kids are doing it instead. Yet the results are shocking? We need to find a way to stop some people from breeding.