oldandslow
09-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Just a reminder...7 central

Buehler445
09-27-2012, 11:14 PM
How was it

NJChiefsFan
09-28-2012, 03:35 AM
17 min intro until first commercial, pretty good start. Better than I was expecting. Is this supposed to be a full series or just a mini-series? The way the next episode described it I started to wonder.

Deberg_1990
09-28-2012, 07:22 AM
17 min intro until first commercial, pretty good start. Better than I was expecting. Is this supposed to be a full series or just a mini-series? The way the next episode described it I started to wonder.

Full series, but my bet is it does not last.

oldandslow
09-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Full series, but my bet is it does not last.

The problem I see is - where do they go after 5 or 6 episodes? I thought it was a great start tho...course I am a sucker for the spy/intrigue/robert ludlum/ type stuff.

Anyway, I really liked the pilot...

Seals gave the wrong info...prolly a cabal within the US govt acting rogue, Nuclear weapons, island with a corrupt mafia style group controlling it, sexy defense industry lobbyist wanting to make sure her corp secrets aren't stolen....and on and on.

Damn fine cast.

What's not to love?

Deberg_1990
09-28-2012, 08:29 AM
The problem I see is - where do they go after 5 or 6 episodes? I thought it was a great start tho...course I am a sucker for the spy/intrigue/robert ludlum/ type stuff.

Anyway, I really liked the pilot...

Seals gave the wrong info...prolly a cabal within the US govt acting rogue, Nuclear weapons, island with a corrupt mafia style group controlling it, sexy defense industry lobbyist wanting to make sure her corp secrets aren't stolen....and on and on.

Damn fine cast.

What's not to love?

I liked the Pilot. I wouldnt say it was great, but its got potential.

Buck
09-28-2012, 08:55 AM
I realized about 18 min in that I missed my chance at DVR'ing it. I guess I'll try and download it.

whoman69
09-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Its either a coup or a rogue President, they do mention impeachment procedings for the President. Could be a way for him to hold power as they would not remove a president in wartime.

NJChiefsFan
09-28-2012, 10:04 PM
The problem I see is - where do they go after 5 or 6 episodes?

That is what I am wondering. I thought that about Lost when I watched the Pilot. Still, not really sure what they will do. We will find out.

KcMizzou
09-28-2012, 10:16 PM
That is what I am wondering. I thought that about Lost when I watched the Pilot. Still, not really sure what they will do. We will find out.Well they went about 7 seasons. Seven... meaningless... seasons.

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2012, 10:20 PM
I don't see how this could possibly be a series.

KcMizzou
09-28-2012, 10:28 PM
I don't see how this could possibly be a series.Seems like a good mini-series at best.

But I haven't watched it. Just basing that on the concept.

keg in kc
09-28-2012, 10:31 PM
The pilot was good, but mostly because of the quality of the actors. It's a bat-shit crazy premise and I have no idea how they're going to stretch it out. And it's at such a bad time for a show, against some of the top shows on TV, so surviving to a sophomore season is going to be an uphill battle.

Barret
09-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Well I have an issue with the show.

a Trident 2 missile has a range of 4000 nautical miles or about 7360 km. If they were given an order to launch on Pakistan, disobeyed that ordered, and then launched a missile at Washington DC, that missile would not be able to hit DC from where they were located at. Best guess they were patrolling in the Indian Ocean as they crossed the equator. It would take them a couple of days to get within range for a DC hit.

Otherwise it seemed interesting and I would probably watch the next show as well to see what happens.

Also here is the Wiki site concerning the show. It confirms what I stated in my spoiler about location.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Resort_(U.S._TV_series)

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Seems like a good mini-series at best.

But I haven't watched it. Just basing that on the concept.

I just watch it online. Not bad.

Like you said, a good mini-series, but I just can't see how they could even squeeze out 22+ episodes.

NJChiefsFan
09-30-2012, 02:03 AM
Well they went about 7 seasons. Seven... meaningless... seasons.

Yeah, 6 seasons. I am not sure this show gets the chance to last, or could if it got the chance. I am not one that feels the ending ruined the show even though I wasn't a fan of it. What it did ruin is my desire to ever watch the episodes again, which I always did. What happened to them at the end doesn't affect my feelings of the other seasons I liked. Anyway, that's a conversation for another thread.

patteeu
10-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah, 6 seasons. I am not sure this show gets the chance to last, or could if it got the chance. I am not one that feels the ending ruined the show even though I wasn't a fan of it. What it did ruin is my desire to ever watch the episodes again, which I always did. What happened to them at the end doesn't affect my feelings of the other seasons I liked. Anyway, that's a conversation for another thread.

That's how I feel about lost. The ending didn't completely ruin it for me, but it sure didn't connect a bunch of previously laid clues in a fascinating way that would make me want to go back and see what I might have missed the first time. I collected the DVDs as the series progressed thinking I'd want to go back and rewatch the entire series at some point but now I doubt I ever will.

La literatura
10-01-2012, 11:54 AM
I liked 666 Park Avenue. A little campy, but fun enough.

Deberg_1990
10-05-2012, 09:04 AM
2nd episode last night was pretty good too. Consistent with the 1st episode as far as quality. Im still interested

oldandslow
10-05-2012, 02:47 PM
2nd episode last night was pretty good too. Consistent with the 1st episode as far as quality. Im still interested

Yep, me too...thought it was actually very good.

whoman69
10-06-2012, 01:35 PM

I don't understand the position of the COB. You have orders coming through back channels when your front channels are open. When they request the orders come through the proper channels they are fired upon. You have proof that those who fired upon you were your own people. You have a missile attack on Pakistan with no provocation. After all this you're still holding onto orders are orders?

They've just let too many open holes. Nobody in the states is even talking about the attack on Pakistan, another nuclear power. What has Pakistan done to respond? The US is at war with Pakistan and they're sending the fleet out to counter the Colorado?

DJ's left nut
10-10-2012, 12:27 PM
It will last as long as they are able to figure out a way to get Autumn Reeser in her underwear every week (the tech guru).

Wow - that girl is attractive.

I think there was some pretty serious overacting, but I don't watch network dramas so that may just be par for the course. Like most, I was intrigued by the Clancy-esq element of the show and like most I just don't see how they get more than a season or 2 out of it, max.

They'll need to develop the hell out of some of the characters that aren't on that boat. You'll need it to be some combination of The West Wing, Lost and Red October. If they're able to swing it, the subject matter is interesting enough to keep it going for a bit.

But that's a pretty high bar.