PDA

View Full Version : Obama Another day, another Obama gaffe

patteeu
09-21-2012, 11:38 AM
When this guy gets off script, he's bound to slip up and say something honest.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aqdwQP0tDes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Kotter
09-21-2012, 11:44 AM
:spock:

THAT'S all Mitt's got???

LMAO

patteeu
09-21-2012, 11:46 AM
:spock:

THAT'S all Mitt's got???

LMAO

I like my threads to be focused. I take it that you never really cared about his promises to change Washington.

Bowser
09-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Pretty weak.

So Romney is basically promising the same thing Obama did? I BET THIS GUY WILL REALLY MAKE IT WORK THIS TIME!!

patteeu
09-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Pretty weak.

So Romney is basically promising the same thing Obama did? I BET THIS GUY WILL REALLY MAKE IT WORK THIS TIME!!

Romney has a better chance of doing it than the guy who just told you that it's more than he can handle. I mean, we all knew that Barack "I won" Obama didn't ever make much of an effort to change the tone in Washington, but now we have him essentially warning us, in an unguarded moment, that we shouldn't expect any effort in the future.

Bowser
09-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Romney has a better chance of doing it than the guy who just told you that it's more than he can handle. I mean, we all knew that Barack "I won" Obama didn't ever make much of an effort to change the tone in Washington, but now we have him essentially warning us, in an unguarded moment, that we shouldn't expect any effort in the future.

This is my problem with politics. I don't need Candidate B telling me how Candidate A didn't get it done, and how they promise to be better. Just do it. Save the slap fights and hair pulling for the bedroom.

But to the point you're trying to make about Obama - To me, after watching his first term, it really seems like they were suprised they won, and just have been winging it ever since. I heard someone say that Obama has treated his first term like he's already serving a second term. That may be pretty accurate.

patteeu
09-21-2012, 12:13 PM
This is my problem with politics. I don't need Candidate B telling me how Candidate A didn't get it done, and how they promise to be better. Just do it. Save the slap fights and hair pulling for the bedroom.

This was actually candidate B(arack) telling you how candidate B(arack) didn't get it done. Candidate A just paid for the commercial.

But to the point you're trying to make about Obama - To me, after watching his first term, it really seems like they were suprised they won, and just have been winging it ever since. I heard someone say that Obama has treated his first term like he's already serving a second term. That may be pretty accurate.

I think a better way to look at it is that Obama took power under the illusion that he had the country on board with anything he chose to do. That plus a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate gave him the impression that he didn't need to play nice with Republicans so he made a show of talking with them and then when they didn't cave in and fall in line, he played his "I won" card and dismissed them (or in the case of Paul Ryan, invited him over for a public undressing). But the end result of his over-estimation of his mandate was similar to the kind of thing we might expect from a second term where he no longer has to answer to the voters. At least, that's how I see it.

Bowser
09-21-2012, 12:19 PM
This was actually candidate B(arack) telling you how candidate B(arack) didn't get it done. Candidate A just paid for the commercial.

I think a better way to look at it is that Obama took power under the illusion that he had the country on board with anything he chose to do. That plus a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate gave him the impression that he didn't need to play nice with Republicans so he made a show of talking with them and then when they didn't cave in and fall in line, he played his "I won" card and dismissed them (or in the case of Paul Ryan, invited him over for a public undressing). But the end result of his over-estimation of his mandate was similar to the kind of thing we might expect from a second term where he no longer has to answer to the voters. At least, that's how I see it.

Good take.

That is ultimately whre he's failed as a president, imo - his unwillingness to work with those across the aisle. Had he done that, as he should have, he most likely would have this election sewn up. If he loses, it's on him, and maybe more importantly, those who advise him.

Baby Lee
09-21-2012, 12:25 PM
I don't need Candidate B telling me how Candidate A didn't get it done, and how they promise to be better. Just do it.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here, particularly the 'just do it' part.

You do get that to 'do' anything you have to be elected.
You do get that to be elected you have to convince citizens to vote for you in larger numbers than your opponent.

Donger
09-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Huh. So Obama also recently claimed that Fast and Furious was Bush's fault and began under Bush's administration?

Bowser
09-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Not sure what point you're trying to make here, particularly the 'just do it' part.

You do get that to 'do' anything you have to be elected.
You do get that to be elected you have to convince citizens to vote for you in larger numbers than your opponent.

Eh, I guess the point I was trying, and failing, to make was that it's the mud slinging side of politics that annoys me. Just give me a guy that has a plan, and is sold on that plan, and can sell me on said plan, without telling me over and over how the other guy sucks. I know perfectly well how the other guy sucks (or doesn't, whichever the case).