PDA

View Full Version : Obama I made up my mind....

NewChief
09-21-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm not voting Obama, and I'm at peace.

That is all.

Mr. Kotter
09-21-2012, 09:50 PM
You writing in Ralph Nader, eh? Good for you....the two major parties thank you for your non-participation.

NewChief
09-21-2012, 09:51 PM
You writing in Ralph Nader, eh? Good for you....the two major parties thank you for your non-participation.

My state will go Romney regardless. Might as well vote my principles. Especially side the Dems have been fucking education up faster than Bish ever dreamed of accomplishing.

Mr. Kotter
09-21-2012, 09:52 PM
My state will go Romney regardless. Might as well vote my principles.

Go RALPH-IE, boy!!!

Mr. Kotter
09-21-2012, 09:53 PM
My state will go Romney regardless. Might as well vote my principles. Especially side the Dems have been ****ing education up faster than Bish ever dreamed of accomplishing.

Gotta quote that "editied" version, before you fix it...heh.

FTR, I should do the same. Fugged-up SD will vote for anything with an (R) behind their name.

Even a dumbass first term Congressperson from SD who was absolutely WASTED in a recent debate (she's cute though, so that counts in redneck, hicksville Red State USA---God Bless the USA)... AND that absolutely made a lame effort at the "Farm Bill" that is so essential to our backward-ass state, except SHE was too busy finally earning her BA from a State University...mostly, online....but, hey, she EARNED it.

So WE are gonna vote her in, over a much, much, MUCH....smarter candidate who wiped the floor in the debate with her. But, hey, debates are over-rated.

Just sayin'....

NewChief
09-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Gotta quote that "editied" version, before you fix it...heh.

Phones suck for typing.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Good to see someone think outside of their political affiliation and see that there is no way this guy deserves another term. Mickey Friggen Mouse is better option.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Go RALPH-IE, boy!!!

Somebody needs to be a part of something big time.

BigRedChief
09-21-2012, 10:01 PM
My state will go Romney regardless.My new city/state is election decider central.

Obama made an appearance yesterday and had a fundraiser in tampa. I met Pearl Jams Vedder at the supermarket yesterday buying food for the event with some celebrity chef form the food network.

Biden was here on Monday

Ryan was here on Tuesday.

Mitt had a rally about a 1/2 hour away yesterday.

Whichever candidate takes this part of Florida, takes Florida. Mitt has no realistic path without taking Florida. Obama takes Florida, he's a shoo-in.

NewChief
09-21-2012, 10:04 PM
My new city/state is election decider central.

Obama made an appearance yesterday and had a fundraiser in tampa. I met Pearl Jams Vedder at the supermarket buying food for the event with some celebrity chef form the food network.

Biden was here on Monday

Ryan was here on Tuesday.

Mitt had a rally about a 1/2 hour away yesterday.

Whichever candidate takes this part of Florida, takes Florida. Mitt has no realistic path without taking Florida. Obama takes Florida, he's a shoo-in.

My decision would be much more difficult in that situation. Still not sure I'd vote for the jackass, but I'd need to do some serious soul searching. Of course, the irony is that the supposed "marxist" isn't nearly radical enough for my tastes.

-King-
09-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Whew. Now I can stop worrying.

BigRedChief
09-21-2012, 10:13 PM
My decision would be much more difficult in that situation. Still not sure I'd vote for the jackass, but I'd need to do some serious soul searching. Of course, the irony is that the supposed "marxist" isn't nearly radical enough for my tastes.Dude, I feel ya. I'm dissapointed too. But what he said the other day is true. Change to washington will have to come from outside washington. Obama or any president is not going to be able to go to Washington and make the opposing party bow to his will, change the speed of bureaucracy, change the lobbyist money changers etc.

Only when the people demand change from washington, will it change. People say they hate Congress but re-elect their own congressman. I dont think the American people have it in them to do anything big anymore. We have become fat and lazy with our successes. Doing something big and painful isnt on the menu.

NewChief
09-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Whew. Now I can stop worrying.

Hopefully you'll sleep better tonight.

listopencil
09-21-2012, 10:15 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/69qfXMZoiwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh, sorry. I thought this was a random music video thread.

listopencil
09-21-2012, 10:20 PM
...and just because I love her voice (yes, I know it's not a capella)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2tdltKI4-aA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dallas Chief
09-22-2012, 12:11 AM
My state will go Romney regardless. Might as well vote my principles. Especially side the Dems have been fucking education up faster than Bish ever dreamed of accomplishing.

Bish! I love it! My oldest son's first word was... Bish. Congrats on voting your conscience. I will as well. Texas is a foregone conclusion. I'm going to pencil in Trent Green.

J Diddy
09-22-2012, 12:13 AM
...and just because I love her voice (yes, I know it's not a capella)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2tdltKI4-aA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She sings well, but someone should have stopped her from that here I go song. Just didn't sound right

Dallas Chief
09-22-2012, 12:18 AM
She sings well, but someone should have stopped her from that here I go song. Just didn't sound right

She's no Selena, you, you, race traitor! No sopapillas for you!!!

cdcox
09-22-2012, 12:19 AM
My state will go Romney regardless. Might as well vote my principles. Especially side the Dems have been ****ing education up faster than Bish ever dreamed of accomplishing.

Haven't heard about this. My SIL is an elementary school teacher in Iowa and she loathes NCLB. So how has it gotten worse since? In my experience training students to succeed on standardized tests isn't the highest form of learning. Honestly seeking information only.

Comrade Crapski
09-22-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm not voting Obama, and I'm at peace.

Me too.

J Diddy
09-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Me too.

Really, because I thought there was a chance

Chiefshrink
09-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Of course, the irony is that the supposed "marxist" isn't nearly radical enough for my tastes.

:eek: What? You wanted to see OMarxist create American gulags for conservatives ?:p

Seriously though when you say "isn't radical enough" what did you expect from Barry that he failed you ?

Comrade Crapski
09-22-2012, 12:48 AM
:eek: What? You wanted to see OMarxist create American gulags for conservatives ?:p

Seriously though when you say "isn't radical enough" what did you expect from Barry that he failed you ?

Rush Limbaugh is still breathing. That's one.

J Diddy
09-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Rush Limbaugh is still breathing. That's one.

In terms of the world as a whole, that is a tragedy.

NewChief
09-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Haven't heard about this. My SIL is an elementary school teacher in Iowa and she loathes NCLB. So how has it gotten worse since? In my experience training students to succeed on standardized tests isn't the highest form of learning. Honestly seeking information only.

A friend and colleague for mine does a pretty good job of summing up many of my feelings in his letter to Obama (though I don't agree with him on everything). I'll paste some of the gems:
http://blogs.ajc.com/get-schooled-blog/2012/09/17/election-2012-does-either-presidential-candidate-offer-hope-on-education/

By Chris Goering

The truth about what you and your secretary have done to education, unless you reverse course immediately, most assuredly has cost you the votes of many teachers in this country, a demographic that should be strong in their support of you. This isn’t to say I like your opponent or think his education plan is any better—the fact your secretary’s name is being considered for retention if Romney were to win the election in November puts voters like me who care about public education in a no-win situation. Mr. Obama, while I hate to invoke words of yet another Hollywood star given the recent talking chair episode, about education, “you can’t handle the truth.” The education record that you’ve been touting around the country in recent weeks is nothing more than empty political rhetoric. Your education record is awful, perhaps the worst in the history of our country. And that’s saying something.

You’ve said recently that Race to the Top is a great success. Truthfully, Race to the Top takes the worst aspects of the Bush administration’s education policies and gives them teeth and financial backing. In my now 13th year in education, I’ve witnessed those same policies destroy teaching and learning in the schools, turning children and teachers into automatons for standardized testing. As a teacher and teacher educator I often felt like I was sitting on a deck chair of the Titanic. While the Bush Administration steered us directly towards the iceberg of NCLB, Arne has managed to hit five more icebergs while claiming that the boat is at fault.

Let’s talk for a second about the neo-liberal agenda your leadership has encouraged. Privatizing education is the equivalent of the Bush era Wall Street policy, heavy with idea candy like free trade, open markets, and deregulation ended in disaster in 2008. A neoliberal education agenda, one in love with oversimplified metrics of progress like test scores, promises a bleak future. Mr. President, how could you? You’ve argued for four years that Wall Street needed more oversight to prevent the bailout situation you admirably faced in your first year as president. Your move in health care mirrored your perspective on Wall Street (I support both initiatives wholeheartedly, by the way). But who will save our schools once they crash like Wall Street? We are heading for an educational meltdown of Wall Street proportions, and I think you and your education secretary/agenda will and should be blamed for part of it, an offense that will land you and Arne in the same conversations that the country has had about Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney and their role in torturing prisoners. Who will protect our children from the educational equivalents of Bain Capital, vultures hungry to buy schools and then shut them down for financial gain?

Current policy looks like educational waterboarding in the classrooms I visit. Strapping teachers and children to unrealistic standards and goals and repeatedly beating them upside the head with standardized tests that experts believe tell us next to nothing about what a child can actually do, is sustained torture with awful consequences for all of us, for our country’s future. When creativity is seined out of a curriculum by focusing on narrow standards (i.e., No Child Left Behind) who — teachers, students, administrators — wants to do that? I’m afraid this approach is designed to create less informed populace, one that is easier to control.

I don't really agree with some of his more rosy depictions of other Obama moves, but I do agree with most of what he says on education and the direction we're headed.

CoMoChief
09-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Why would someone vote for Obama anyways?

serious question.

I mean maybe you would if you believe in things like tooth fairies, puppies that shit money onto your floor, or rocket powered unicorns.

Dave Lane
09-22-2012, 07:59 AM
I'm voting Obama and its strictly a protest vote as Kansas is a sure red state. At least one less mandate of a vote for Romney if he wins.