PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues How do we end the class warfare with regard to taxes?

Trivers
09-22-2012, 05:19 PM
So what is your thoughts for a solution?

I can see both sides:

I have been so poor that I've had to hide my car to keep it from being repossessed; and going to a bar's happy hour buffet to eat once a day. I know what it means to have no water or power.

And I also have worked 80-100 hours a week for 4 years to build a business that makes money; yet Government keeps increasing my taxes to give to others.

I like what I read in www.fairtax.org. Gets rid of all deductions and protects the poor.

Thoughts?

Direckshun
09-22-2012, 05:23 PM

I can see both sides:

I have been so poor that I've had to hide my car to keep it from being repossessed; and going to a bar's happy hour buffet to eat once a day. I know what it means to have no water or power.

And I also have worked 80-100 hours a week for 4 years to build a business that makes money; yet Government keeps increasing my taxes to give to others.

I like what I read in www.fairtax.org. Gets rid of all deductions and protects the poor.

Thoughts?

I guess it depends on what you want to define as "class warfare."

People here define it differently. Even the same person will define it differently.

It's a nebulous concept that intended to invoke passions more than describe a specific problem.

Some people believe tax loopholes for the wealthy are warfare. Some believe any redistribution of wealth is warfare. Some people believe the totality of progressive taxation is warfare.

qabbaan
09-22-2012, 05:26 PM
The democrat party platform is almost exclusively envy and class warfare, it won't end unless you can somehow get them to stop with their bread and butter

BucEyedPea
09-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Abolish the income tax, period. Fair tax is fair enough, maybe. Just not if it's going to be "revenue neutral."

cosmo20002
09-22-2012, 06:02 PM

I can see both sides:

When were your taxes raised? Hasn't been lately, that's for sure. Post is bullshit.