PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Kristol: Obama turned around Bush's financial meltdown

dirk digler
09-23-2012, 10:47 AM
chuckle..

He really must hate Romney

Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol says that Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is going to have a tough time winning if the election is a referendum on President Barack Obama’s first term.

“They need to focus on the next four years,” the conservative columnist told Fox News host Chris Wallace on Sunday. “If this election is just about the last four years, that’s a muddy verdict.”

“Bush was president during the financial meltdown, the Obama team has turned that around pretty well,” he explained. “He’s got to make it a referendum on the choice about the next four years, and explain what Obama would do over the next four years that would be bad for the country and what he would do would be good for the country.”
<embed src="http://rawreplaymedia.com/fvp/fvp5.8/player.swf" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="&file=http%3A%2F%2Frawreplaymedia.com%2Fmedia%2F2012%2F1204%2Ffox_fns_kristol_meltdown_120923a.mp4&image=http%3A%2F%2Frawreplaymedia.com%2Fmedia%2F2012%2F1204%2Ffox_fns_kristol_meltdown_120923a.jpg&logo=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rawreplaymedia.com%2Ffvp%2Frsvidlogo05.png&plugins=viral-2h&skin=http%3A%2F%2Frawreplaymedia.com%2Ffvp%2Ffvp5.8%2Fbeelden.zip&viral.allowmenu=true&viral.email_footer=http%3A%2F%2Frawstory.com&viral.link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rawstory.com%2Frs%2F2012%2F09%2F23%2Fbill-kristol-obama-team-turned-around-bushs-financial-meltdown%2F&viral.oncomplete=false&viral.onpause=false&viral.pluginmode=FLASH&logo.link=http://rawstory.com&logo.file=http://www.rawreplaymedia.com/fvp/rsvidlogo05.png" height="375" width="615">

BucEyedPea
09-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Well, of course, Bill would say this he's a govt boot-lickin' Trotskyte.

dirk digler
09-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Well, of course, Bill would say this he's a govt boot-lickin' Trotskyte.

Whatever that means...

Truth hurts ;)

Dallas Chief
09-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Whatever that means...

Truth hurts ;)

I guess you can be a fanboy now since he is saying something you like, other times not so much huh?:spock:

BucEyedPea
09-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Whatever that means...

Truth hurts ;)

You must be talking about yourself then when you say "truth hurts." Kristol is a leftist who supports leftist ideas. He just happens to be a leftist-hawk. So of course, he sees this as a "turn around." ROFL Much like yourself.

Some serious denial going on with you dirk. Then that's true with most of the left who are clueless about economics and just spend, spend, spend.

La literatura
09-23-2012, 01:14 PM
I guess you can be a fanboy now since he is saying something you like, other times not so much huh?:spock:

That makes sense.

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Bill Kristol is a neo-con

T-post Tom
09-23-2012, 01:22 PM
You can set your clock by the responses in this forum. The name should be changed from "D.C." to "Partisan Playpen".

Radar Chief
09-23-2012, 01:28 PM
You can set your clock by the responses in this forum. The name should be changed from "D.C." to "Partisan Playpen".

Agreed, but shirley we can come up with a better name than that.

dirk digler
09-23-2012, 01:41 PM

I never have a problem with anyone speaking the truth

T-post Tom
09-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Agreed, but shirley we can come up with a better name than that.

Shirley we can. That was off the cuff. We have some creative minds here; I'm sure someone will come up with something more clever.

BucEyedPea
09-23-2012, 04:33 PM

So, this means you believe in the idea that ONE man can save such a crisis? I don't think so.
Others had to go along with him and/or make contributions. What you believe I call the Moses Syndrome.

dirk digler
09-23-2012, 04:36 PM
So, this means you believe in the idea that ONE man can save such a crisis? I don't think so.
Others had to go along with him and/or make contributions. What you believe I call the Moses Syndrome.

No he said Obama TEAM. Ok lover.

BucEyedPea
09-23-2012, 04:38 PM
No he said Obama TEAM. Ok lover.

So a handful of men, then. Still not likely. There's also what the Federal Reserve does. And I was speaking theoretically, as in if it was completely handled. You do realize that even Bernanke is now calling for closed door, off the fiscal cliff meetings right?

dirk digler
09-23-2012, 04:41 PM
So a handful of men, then. Still not likely. There's also what the Federal Reserve does. And I was speaking theoretically, as in if it was completely handled. You do realize that even Bernanke is now calling for closed door, off the fiscal cliff meetings right?

No one said completely handled

DementedLogic
09-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Bill Kristol not liking Romney is positive for Romney.

BucEyedPea
09-23-2012, 04:55 PM
No one said completely handled

"...the Obama team has turned that around pretty well,”

It's not even "pretty well" either. If you want to believe that then fine. I could probably sell you a bridge though.

Dallas Chief
09-24-2012, 12:30 AM

As long as you agree with that truthiness, right?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Now that the crisis is over, we can prosper. I was worried there for a while.

Radar Chief
09-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Shirley we can.

:thumb:
How’s your clearance, Clarence?
Fine, what’s your vector, Victor?

Direckshun
09-24-2012, 09:11 AM
I don't know what other conclusion you can come to.

I really don't.

If you are living in a world where the recession can't be squarely put on Bush, and the recovery can't squarely be put on Obama, you are simply living in an alternate reality.

An alternate reality that is going to get bitchslapped in November.

patteeu
09-24-2012, 09:34 AM

I really don't.

If you are living in a world where the recession can't be squarely put on Bush, and the recovery can't squarely be put on Obama, you are simply living in an alternate reality.

What recovery?

patteeu
09-24-2012, 09:35 AM

I really don't.

What recovery? The most anemic and sluggish recovery in our lifetimes?

BucEyedPea
09-24-2012, 01:00 PM

I really don't.

QE forever basically inflates the asset values of the wealthy, while allowing them to pay back with cheaper dollars. This hurts the small guy. Wall Street is not Main Street. Look at food prices alone. The wealthy can afford those increases. So much for Obama being a man of the people.

blaise
09-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Obama saved us.

cosmo20002
09-24-2012, 03:32 PM
ROFL

Paul Ryan On Conservative Criticism Of Mitt Romney: It's In Their Nature To Complain

GOP vice-presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) hit back against conservative critics of the GOP ticket in an interview with the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Saturday night.

"A, we still have a ways to go. We still have a lot left that we're planning on doing," he said. "B, I think that's just what conservatives do by nature. I think that's just the nature of conservative punditry is to do that -- to kind of complain -- about any imperfection they might see."

It was a less harsh rebuke than that by Ann Romney, who told critics to "stop it," but the criticism was still striking for the Wisconsin congressman, who has cultivated strong relationships with conservative pundits.

The Romney-Ryan ticket has come under criticism from conservative pundits as the campaign tries to get past the damage done by the former Massachusetts governor's leaked comments at a May fundraiser, where he said that 47 percent of Americans are "dependent on government" and see themselves as "victims" because they don't pay income tax. Peggy Noonan, from her perch at the Wall Street Journal, has called for an "intervention." Michael Gerson of the Washington Post said the Republican ideology of the "makers" versus "takers" -- a phrase Ryan coined -- "offers nothing." Bill Kristol of the Weekly Standard called Romney's remarks "arrogant and stupid."

blaise
09-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Still not convinced cosmo isn't orange. That's a very orange like post, there.

Calcountry
09-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Well, of course, Bill would say this he's a govt boot-lickin' Trotskyte.Besides, he talks out of the side of his mouth.

J Diddy
09-24-2012, 08:26 PM
ROFL

Paul Ryan On Conservative Criticism Of Mitt Romney: It's In Their Nature To Complain

GOP vice-presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) hit back against conservative critics of the GOP ticket in an interview with the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Saturday night.

"A, we still have a ways to go. We still have a lot left that we're planning on doing," he said. "B, I think that's just what conservatives do by nature. I think that's just the nature of conservative punditry is to do that -- to kind of complain -- about any imperfection they might see."

It was a less harsh rebuke than that by Ann Romney, who told critics to "stop it," but the criticism was still striking for the Wisconsin congressman, who has cultivated strong relationships with conservative pundits.

The Romney-Ryan ticket has come under criticism from conservative pundits as the campaign tries to get past the damage done by the former Massachusetts governor's leaked comments at a May fundraiser, where he said that 47 percent of Americans are "dependent on government" and see themselves as "victims" because they don't pay income tax. Peggy Noonan, from her perch at the Wall Street Journal, has called for an "intervention." Michael Gerson of the Washington Post said the Republican ideology of the "makers" versus "takers" -- a phrase Ryan coined -- "offers nothing." Bill Kristol of the Weekly Standard called Romney's remarks "arrogant and stupid."

So which base are they trying to keep here? Piss off old people, piss off conservatives...What's next is he going to release a video of him telling the pope that he's full of shit and mormonism is where it's at.