PDA

View Full Version : Poop Palin err I mean Romney Wonders Why Airplane Windows Don't Open

dirk digler
09-24-2012, 01:33 PM
The Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-beverly-hills-fundraiser-20120922,0,2317962.story) reports Mitt Romney spoke about the concern he had for his wife when her plane had to make an emergency landing Friday because of an electrical malfunction.

Said Romney: "I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don't think she knows just how worried some of us were. When you have a fire in an aircraft, there's no place to go, exactly, there's no -- and you can't find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don't open. I don't know why they don't do that. It's a real problem. So it's very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she's safe and sound."

blaise
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Now, this is news.

- cosmo

Saul Good
09-24-2012, 01:39 PM
The Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-beverly-hills-fundraiser-20120922,0,2317962.story) reports Mitt Romney spoke about the concern he had for his wife when her plane had to make an emergency landing Friday because of an electrical malfunction.

Said Romney: "I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don't think she knows just how worried some of us were. When you have a fire in an aircraft, there's no place to go, exactly, there's no -- and you can't find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don't open. I don't know why they don't do that. It's a real problem. So it's very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she's safe and sound."

What's so unreasonable about that statement? There are doors on airplanes that open if an emergency occurs.

dirk digler
09-24-2012, 01:42 PM
What's so unreasonable about that statement? There are doors on airplanes that open if an emergency occurs.

While its flying at 30000 ft?

This thread btw is just for laughs. Everybody says silly things that don't make sense.

LiveSteam
09-24-2012, 01:53 PM
D. B. Cooper

Gary
09-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Perhaps she could see Russia better if she opened a window.

BucEyedPea
09-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Game changer.

Slainte
09-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Windows should open so that everyone on board can get fresh air.

dirk digler
09-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Game changer.

Kind of like this?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=223334

Brock
09-24-2012, 02:46 PM

Come on.

Bump
09-24-2012, 02:53 PM

ROFL

Iowanian
09-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Read it again, only this time with your head removed from your ass dirk.

Aries Walker
09-24-2012, 03:03 PM
A friend of mine used to work for a company that made convertible airplanes. You could slide the top right open mid-flight, the better to appreciate the cool summer breeze.

Hard to believe they went out of business.

Rain Man
09-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Aloha Airlines had a convertible flight for a while, but it wasn't a commercial success.

http://www.disastercity.info/flt243/side1.jpg

cosmo20002
09-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Now, this is news.

- cosmo

It goes on the list, that's for sure.

cosmo20002
09-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Everybody says silly things that don't make sense.

But some do more often than others.

InChiefsHell
09-24-2012, 03:23 PM

:rolleyes:

Pitt Gorilla
09-24-2012, 03:23 PM
To be fair, his exposure to physics/engineering is probably minimal at best. He's also probably never had reason to open his car window while driving down the highway. Not being able to reason through the consequences, though, seems a bit odd.

Iowanian
09-24-2012, 03:24 PM

Yeah, but we understand you're the product of lead based paint and thalidomide for lubricant for rectal conception.

Not really your fault.

cosmo20002
09-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah, but we understand you're the product of lead based paint and thalidomide for lubricant for rectal conception.

Not really your fault.

Not really sure how that makes sense. Apparently you know even less about reproduction than a typical R congressman.

dirk digler
09-24-2012, 03:29 PM
To be fair, his exposure to physics/engineering is probably minimal at best. He's also probably never had reason to open his car window while driving down the highway. Not being able to reason through the consequences, though, seems a bit odd.

You are probably right that is why he strapped his dog on top of his car and drove for a few hundred miles.

Now he wants everyone to fly with the windows open

:D

Baby Lee
09-24-2012, 03:36 PM
A friend of mine used to work for a company that made convertible airplanes. You could slide the top right open mid-flight, the better to appreciate the cool summer breeze.

Hard to believe they went out of business.

Paine Stewart bought one of those IIRC.

Too soon?

Baby Lee
09-24-2012, 03:38 PM

If only we had someone with an IQ in the upper 150s around here to opine regarding the consequences of such an arrangement.

Donger
09-24-2012, 03:51 PM
I doubt he was talking about opening them in mid-air.

stonedstooge
09-24-2012, 03:57 PM

Too soon?

Payne Stewart SHOULD have bought one I believe

WV
09-24-2012, 04:10 PM
because it would break apart in mid air.....rim-shot!

Iowanian
09-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Not really sure how that makes sense. Apparently you know even less about reproduction than a typical R congressman.

It doesn't take a genius to know that you were conceived in an anus.

No other possible explanation to why you're such an ignorant asshole.

Thig Lyfe
09-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Is our children learning about airplanes?

Dallas Chief
09-24-2012, 04:44 PM

Too soon?

No, just bad form BL.

Dallas Chief
09-24-2012, 04:44 PM
It doesn't take a genius to know that you were conceived in an anus.

No other possible explanation to why you're such an ignorant asshole.

Can I use this or has it been trademarked?

Rain Man
09-24-2012, 09:17 PM

You'd think he'd open the car window to give his dog some fresh air on a long car trip.

Oh...wait.