PDA

View Full Version : Life RAW Footage: U.S. Soldier Survives Taliban Machine Gun Fire During Firefight

Bump
09-27-2012, 06:36 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rLHU-_OhT8g?list=UU6xBhF4QYIPPF2_-ExZzd2w&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/harrowing-helmet-cam-video-shows-u-s-soldier-fire-taliban-militants-article-1.1169381

This video isn't graphic as in showing blood and stuff, but it is pretty intense and shows him getting shot. Damn, I don't know why he thought it was a good idea to go down that hill with no cover while he's getting shot at but he's got some brass.

LiveSteam
09-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Not sure why this solder would move across open ground like that with out lots of cover fire? It didnt look like an ambush
I was hoping to see that M-203 grenade launcher. Piss pound some rebel ass

Sorter
09-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Really seemed like a poor strategy to try and cover that much open space alone.

But hey, I'm no military expert. Glad he survived (He did, right?).

Bump
09-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Really seemed like a poor strategy to try and cover that much open space alone.

But hey, I'm no military expert. Glad he survived (He did, right?).

the news article said he did

LiveSteam
09-27-2012, 06:52 PM
I have to post some American ass kicking in rebuttal to this vid

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VBmhA6z6ieY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MIAdragon
09-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Not sure why this solder would move across open ground like that with out lots of cover fire? It didnt look like an ambush
I was hoping to see that M-203 grenade launcher. Piss pound some rebel ass

Not to mention, at the leisurely pace he was moving at. Its not easy to move in full battle rattle but when you're as exposed as he was with rounds meant for you, you move a tad bit quicker. I'm not sure he really knew where they were coming from, even when he found "cover" he was still taking fire. The guy needs to play the lotto IMO.

Fish
09-27-2012, 06:53 PM
I've played enough COD to know he's not very good at that....

[runs for cover]

Valiant
09-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Not to mention, at the leisurely pace he was moving at. Its not easy to move in full battle rattle but when you're as exposed as he was with rounds meant for you, you move a tad bit quicker. I'm not sure he really knew where they were coming from, even when he found "cover" he was still taking fire. The guy needs to play the lotto IMO.

Yeah I could not see where the fire was coming from or where he was aiming.. I have no idea why he would move down the mountain without knowing where the fire was coming from.. The enemy certainly knew where he was coming from..

Glad he was alright.. Honestly looked like Bf3, kept thinking, hit the back button so you can see them on your map..

pr_capone
09-27-2012, 07:04 PM
I have to post some American ass kicking in rebuttal to this vid

There is nothing to rebut in the OP's video. Posting vids of Armerican forces blowing shit up is all well and good but the truth of war is what we saw in the first vid... and far worse.

Thankfully I was never hit in the fire fights I was involved it. I held my breath from the moment he decided to descend to the end of the video. I have not the foggiest idea why he would move across open terrain like that though... no covering fire and no concealment all the way down. You can see puffs of smoke at his feet where rounds were hitting all around him. His ragged breathing wasn't because it was physically strenuous... he was scared. Being shot at is no fun.

Glad to know he came through it.

Sorter
09-27-2012, 07:05 PM
You can see puffs of smoke at his feet where rounds were hitting all around him.

Yeah, that part was no fun to watch.

LiveSteam
09-27-2012, 07:09 PM
There is nothing to rebut in the OP's video. Posting vids of Armerican forces blowing shit up is all well and good but the truth of war is what we saw in the first vid... and far worse.

Thankfully I was never hit in the fire fights I was involved it. I held my breath from the moment he decided to descend to the end of the video. I have not the foggiest idea why he would move across open terrain like that though... no covering fire and no concealment all the way down. You can see puffs of smoke at his feet where rounds were hitting all around him. His ragged breathing wasn't because it was physically strenuous... he was scared. Being shot at is no fun.

Glad to know he came through it.

Wow. Im shocked. I had know idea you were over in the sandbox. I agree with your assessment. War SUCKS!

Dicky McElephant
09-27-2012, 07:15 PM
"I came out into the open to draw fire so my squad could get to safety."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/harrowing-helmet-cam-video-shows-u-s-soldier-fire-taliban-militants-article-1.1169381#ixzz27idOPQMb

Sorter
09-27-2012, 07:16 PM

Well...fuck. Ballsy.

Bump
09-27-2012, 07:24 PM
ok I probably should have read the article first. But he drew attention to himself to help his squad get out. He got hit 4 times and made it down the mountain by himself. His grenade launcher got shot so he couldn't use that part of the gun and his combat glasses were shot off. Pretty brave dude.

demonhero
09-27-2012, 07:25 PM
If you are trained like crap you will fight like crap. Another boot solider losing his weapon and thats a big no no.

Sorter
09-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Fuck that. That guy is a monster.

Richard_Cuckold
09-27-2012, 07:46 PM
hero

jd1020
09-27-2012, 07:51 PM
They don't call them GoPro's for nothin.

Dayze
09-27-2012, 08:24 PM
How the guy walks with balls that big is beyond me.

-King-
09-27-2012, 09:05 PM
I reload way faster than him in call of duty.

Inmem58
09-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Damn, pretty intense. You can hear all the shots being fired and have no clue where it's coming from. Why these guys chose to go to war is beyond me. Brave sons a bitches. Thank them every chance I get.

Cheater5
09-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Damn, pretty intense. You can hear all the shots being fired and have no clue where it's coming from. Why these guys chose to go to war is beyond me. Brave sons a bitches. Thank them every chance I get.

Some don't see it as a choice.

Some see it as a call to duty when their country is at war.

...some.

Dayze
09-27-2012, 10:49 PM
I think some people just react....which comes from their DNA. Amazing. Dude didn't even think about it

stevenidol
09-28-2012, 12:28 AM

[runs for cover]

I thought the same thing.

KC Jones
09-28-2012, 07:09 AM
*READ* From the cameraman:
" I got a hit a total of 4 times. My helmet cam died and i made it down the mountain on my own. I was also hit in the side of my helmet and my eye pro was shot off of my face. We were doing overwatch on the village to recon and gather intel. I was point heading down the face of the hill with the LT. when we got hit. the rest of the squad was pinned down by machine gun fire. I didn't start the video until a few mins into the firefight for obvious reasons. I came out into the open to draw fire so my squad could get to safety."

"A round struck the tube by my hand of the 203 grenade launcher which knocked it out of my hands. When I picked the rifle back up it was still functional but the grenade launcher tube had a nice sized 7.62 cal bullet hole in it and was rendered useless. "

Guess that explains why he decided to go out in the open like that.

kepp
09-28-2012, 07:27 AM

[runs for cover]

Well, at least he wasn't camping.

listopencil
09-28-2012, 12:26 PM
A few things:

1) His wep was shot out of his hand. He didn't "lose" it. That's fucking retarded.

2) He was on point and made the decision to draw fire. Call it the fog of war, situational awareness, whatever you want. You make split second decisions and then you live or die by them.

3) "I think some people just react....which comes from their DNA. Amazing. Dude didn't even think about it" -Dayze

Yeah. People are different. They react to stress in different ways. We call them heroes or cowards but you never really know what you are going to do until you get into a situation. This guy just did what he thought he had to do.

4) Gigantic elephant balls made of solid brass.

Fritz88
09-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Guess that explains why he decided to go out in the open like that.

I still don't understand why he would lay in the clear for them to shot at him.

CanadianChief
09-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Wouldn't you have some kind of radio contact with the rest of your team on a recon mission?